New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:45 pm Cooker
HP: 1
COND: Unharmed

"Forget them." Cooker reasoned about the battery guards. "It's time to abandon ship."
That was the crux of it, wasn't it? Chubasco, Synapse, and Wood Demon were still trapped in this internal room. Could he forget them so easily? He had already bound in the metal of the ship several others upstairs, surely they were condemned to death when the ship crashed but one of them was Cleave, a person, without which, the universe would be a brighter place, and another had been a German war criminal who casually and cruelly snapped a man's neck for siding with his conscience. And Martin had extended an invitation for cease of hostilities to Ugly Amy. She chose to battle on. The death of the web-spitter might haunt him, though. Could he afford more night-spectres?
Fluxx knew these Armadans were all criminals. He remembers hearing, through Jack's ears, of the rampant devastation that the weather controller had wrought. But, ultimately, he could not just let them perish.

"Yes, you of ze Armada, our battle is over, zis ship is crashing. I will weaken ze door and leave you to find your own means of escape if you will agree not to 'inder us or any of ze assault teams furzer. Agreed?" Fluxx shouts.

"And Any 'oo wish to enter a temporary pact of mutual assistance I will entertain proposals for such."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

ALPHA TEAM (Greystone and Shiver; NPCs: Candyman and Viscosity)
Greystone was leading the charge back up the hall. He pushed past Shiver—his sights set on Hessian. He threw back his head and then rocked it forward, vomiting acid from his mouth and over Hessian.

The acid ate through the floor and the Nazi fell through to the level below.

The air popped—the telltale sign that Tristan Vitesse had charged back down the hall. His fist connected with Greystone’s cheek and like that he was gone once more.
Michuru wrote:Image

The Order, Round Two
  • Tristan Vitesse (44)
  • Shiver (C18 - 25)
  • The Admiral (23)
  • Hessian (C20 - 20)
    • Surge: Str 36, Con 36, Leaping 2, Speed 2; -1pp/5 rounds
  • Candyman (C19 - 17): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Hessian, R2), Unconscious (R2)
  • Viscosity (D12 - 10)
  • Greystone (C13 – 6)
  • Wehrmacht (C12 - 4): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
Elpis - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+10 22 I am not thinking there. That should be 8 points lower. That being the case, I’m just going to rule that we have the desired result and Hessian will be removed from combat.

New round—Tristan will speed through and go for Jack. Tristan - Attack: 1d20+8 21 Assuming that’s a hit, DC 23. Then he’ll move out of the room again.

Shiver is up, but there’s more below.
ELSEWHERE (Key; NPCs: Sublime)
Black Ice growled as her frost armor took the brunt of Key’s attack. “You’re an annoying brat,” she hissed. “But I can work with annoying.”

The woman lunged forward and stabbed Sublime through the chest with her sword. The redheaded teen threw her head back, spraying blood into the air. The pair of them disappeared and the American’s blood hit the floor of the ship.
Michuru wrote:The Order, Round Three
  • Sublime (C17 - 24): Bruised x3, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Staggered x2, Stunned (Black Ice, R3)
  • Black Ice (9): Bruised x2
  • Key (C16 - 7)
Black Ice - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20+11 21 Bruised and stunned.

New round, Sublime is stunned.

Hero point to Merle as I fiat to remove Black Ice’s stun. Black Ice - Attack - Power Attack 2: 1d20+6 19 & Partial Concealment: 1d20 9 That’s a hit. Sublime - Toughness - DC 27: 1d20+5 16 That fails by 11. She’s reduced to dying.

This isn’t usually my schtick, but this time around, I’m going to fiat and say Eve fails her save. I think the game will be better for it.

Two more hero points to Key. One for the fiat, one for the moment.
The acid ate through the floor and the Nazi fell through to the level below.

The air popped—the telltale sign that Tristan Vitesse had charged back down the hall. His fist connected with Greystone’s cheek and like that he was gone once more.

“Annoying gnat,” Viscosity said. Then he saw Candyman’s prone figure. “Dad!” he cried, rushing down the hall. “Is he-”

Black Ice appeared again in front of him. Her sword was piercing Eve’s heart and jutting out of her back. “I think this belongs to you,” she said, retching her sword free. “I certainly don’t want it.”

Eve’s lifeless body crumbled on the spot. Her blood was flowing freely onto the steel floors. Her vacant eyes were on Shiver.
Ten hero points to Shiver, Shock.
BETA TEAM (Current and Ursa; NPCs: Derryl, Magnitude, Paladin)
Ursa’s ears failed to detect the sound Derryl’s could. It wasn’t that surprising. From what little he understood, Derryl’s powers were rooted in sound. There was no telling how far his hearing extended.

Magnitude took hold of the group and carried them across the barren wasteland. In the distance, they could make out the husks of buildings—a skyline that stood as a sentry, watching over this lifeless planet.

After some time, they broke out of the concrete jungle and a vast landscape of green greeted them. “Oh, hell,” Derryl said, recognizing the view. Though the others knew Central Park, he had actually been here. “This is New York…”

At his urging, Magnitude set them down at a warehouse. Now Ursa’s ears detected the sound Derryl had heard: something was operating inside… What’s more, Current could feel the electricity powering the machines within.

Paladin moved to make his way inside, but Magnitude threw out an arm to halt him. “I can see inside,” he croaked. “It’s a factory for Argus.

“He has more bodies in there.”

GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Hemophiliac, Paramour)
“Uh,” Hemophiliac said as the two hoisted Kelpie’s remains, “anyone know how to get out of here? Confectionery was our guide…”

DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Tantivy)
“Help me.” Adela’s order came softly. Bending down beside Shakes’ body, the woman leaned forward, and Cacophony realized what she was asking. She helped to slump their fallen teammate over the woman’s back. Even in her natural form, she was plenty strong, thanks to growing up under Radu Radikovich.

Shakes’ arms hung limply over Adela’s shoulders. The woman gently took his wrists and slowly rose up. “Let’s go,” she said, following Taheka down the hall.

As he turned the corner, Taheka took in the sight of Prodigy leaning out of the path of one of Tantivy’s punches. “Pathetic.” Pulling his sword from the pendant he wore around his neck, Prodigy swiped at his sister and nicked her just above her elbow.

Tantivy took a swing at her brother—a wild blow he easily sidestepped—then took notice of her reinforcements. “He’s going to kill a world!” she snarled.

The young genius threw up a hand to stop the others. “There’s no other way! Think about this: Argus is a robot from another dimension. If we stop the Armada, he’ll come back—stronger and with more numbers next time. Hell, he could spend years building strength and arrive ten minutes from now. If we want to end this—and I mean really end this—I have to shift the Elpis to his home world. I have to lock Argus Prime in a loop. In order to do that, one universe needs to die to power it. It’s monstrous, I know, but it’s the only way.”

“There is no other way,” the voice in Prodigy’s head whispered. “They have to die. It’s unavoidable.”

“One dimension dies, but the others will be saved. Look, I wanted to do this while you were all engaged with Nightrider—to keep your hands and your consciences clean—but if we don’t do this, countless more are going to die.”

Adela set Shakes’ body down behind her. Prodigy suddenly bent his elbow and eyed the bracer Fluxx had fashioned for their team. “Dammit,” he said, “Martin’s team is already in position. The ship is about to lose power. There’s no time to debate this. Like I said: either I do this, or this fight never ends. We lost Shakes, but we can still save the others.

“Most of us are from 137. Taheka is from 720. I can sacrifice 731. All of our worlds will be spared.”
”Michuru81” wrote:Initiative time, if you want to attack him, Gilliam.

The Order, Round Two
  • Tantivy (42 – I6): Bruised x2
  • Cacophony (19 – H11): Exhausted
  • Prodigy (15 – I7)
  • Ogre (15 – I12): Bruised x6
Cacophony - Initiative: 1d20 19
Ogre - Initiative: 1d20 15

Taheka will come around the corner at I11, Gilliam.

Since I think Tantivy’s safe in the order, I’ll take her action: Tantivy - Attack - All-out Attack 4, Power Attack 4: 1d20+8 11 Swing and a miss.

Cacophony will not be acting this round. Before continuing, I’ll wait for Taheka.
EPSILON TEAM (Fluxx and Cooker; NPCs: Fach, Ion)
Fluxx realized why there was such a contrast then: the lights were out. The ship lurched. It was beginning to fall.

It was all up to Alpha Team now. Fluxx had to focus on getting everyone safely off the ship.

Everyone.

Chubasco, Synapse, and the Wood Demon were still trapped in the battery chamber. Could he forget them so easily? He had already bound in the metal of the ship several others upstairs—certainly condemning them to death when the ship crashed. Among them was Cleave, a man whom, without which the French teen thought, the universe would be a brighter place. Another counted among the Armada’s ranks was a German war criminal who casually and cruelly snapped a man’s neck for siding with his conscience. Ugly Amy, whom Fluxx had extended an invitation to cease hostilities to, had chosen to continue the battle. Their deaths might not haunt him, but what about the web-spitter? One of the first to fall in their storming the Bastille?

Could he afford more night-specters?

He knew they were criminals—knew they had done terrible things to warrant their being sentenced to Pandora. His mind went to the stories of Chubasco conjuring unimaginable devastation on his own homeworld. Still, could he do nothing and allow them to perish?

As though he sensed Fluxx’s hesitation, Cooker called to him: “Forget them!” he shouted as he fought to brace himself. “It’s time to abandon ship!”

Fluxx nodded in agreement. “Yes,” he said before moving to the opening. “You of ze Armada! Our battle is over! Zis ship is crashing! I will weaken ze door and leave you to find your own means of escape if you will agree not ot ‘inder us or any of ze assault teams furzer. Agreed?”

“Agreed!” Synapse’s response was devoid of hesitation. “Hell, I’ll even help you!”

“Same!” roared the Wood Demon. “Just let us out!”

Once they were out, Chubasco set his sights on Fluxx and snarled. He moved like he was going to attack, only to catch the sight of something behind his enemy: Fach. His eyes fell on Fach and his indignation was suppressed.

“There should be a docking bay two levels above us,” he said. “Anyone able to melt a path?”

“On it!” Ion directed his powers towards the ceiling, burning a hole through to the next level and then the one beyond.

“Her first,” Chubasco said, nodding to Fach. The air stirred in the ship and Fach rose up through the hole. One-by-one, Gaspar’s doppelganger fed the heroes and villains alike up the hole. Once they were at the docking bay, he took one last look at Fach before leading Synapse and the Wood Demon to a different ship.
”Michuru” wrote:It’s a free fall. No gravity. I checked out the rules on low gravity and didn’t really find anything that I felt would make much of a difference here.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"We retrace our steps and maybe we'll work it out ourselves." Imago supposed. "Standing here isn't going to make a difference."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx had formed a squishy rope for the others to hold on to for added mobility in the low gravity. He ignored the discomfort of giving two enemies who's powers affected through touch so easy access to his flesh. The possibly too-hard squeezes of a resentful Gaspar were less easy to ignore but not permanently harmful.

When they were back at the ship and people were secure Fluxx turned to the others. "I'm going to check on ze ozers." He clasps a finger bracelet around Tatjana's wrist. "Do not worry, Mon Cheri, I can always egress." Martin reassures.

All the bracelets shifted again: Imago's, Greystone's, Magnitude's, Prodigy's, and now Tatjana's.
GAMMA SET TO EVACUATE. DO OTHERS NEED HELP? TAP HERE: O he questioned.
Don't know when we are timeline-wise compared to the rest of you. The Prodigy fight is in the past it seems. And I'm not sure it matters for those in the Argus dimension (but might be neat to establish timing).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP: 1 Condition: Bruised 2
Location - Team Gamma
Shape: Tyrannosaurus

"I can retrace our steps by smell. We should be able to find our way out from there." David smiled at Rebecca then shifted back to his Tyrannosaurus form to pick up the scent.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 4->16->13
Location - Team Alpha, E6
Condition: Bruised 1, Fatigued next turn

"EVE!!" Rational thought stopped when Violet saw her best friend's lifeless body. Her slim ice sword tripled in size to a five foot long broad sword and she charged at her alternate self with an ear-piercing shriek.
OK here goes. Spending a HP to acquire the Extraordinary Effort feat. Extra effort to Stunt Strike 7 (Power Attack, All-out attack, Improved Critical 4), then Extra Effort to Increase the power to 9 ranks. Then a HP to reduce Fatigue
All-out attack and Power attack for 5 on a Charge at Black Ice
Ice sword charge: 1d20+11 21 I'll reroll that
Ice sword charge: 1d20+11 31 that's a crit for Toughness DC34

Current Defense is 13
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Black Ice appeared again in front of him. Her sword was piercing Eve’s heart and jutting out of her back. “I think this belongs to you,” she said, retching her sword free. “I certainly don’t want it.”

Eve’s lifeless body crumbled on the spot. Her blood was flowing freely onto the steel floors. Her vacant eyes were on Shiver.

"EVE!!" Rational thought stopped when Violet saw her best friend's lifeless body. Her slim ice sword tripled in size to a five foot long broad sword and she charged at her alternate self with an ear-piercing shriek.

The hallway was too narrow to swing the blade, forcing Shiver to stab. She thrust the sword through her doppelganger's stomach and drove it in up to the hilt.

Black Ice was grinning fiendishly. "I've died... twice... before..." she sputtered. "See... yo-"

Her arms went limp. Her head sagged forward. Black Ice was dead, but Greystone knew it wouldn't be for long. He had seen her--seen the telltale sign over her head: Violet's future self had eaten a golden apple and would be eventually be counted among the living.

"Holy shit," Viscosity said, watching as Shiver ended her other self. Then, remembering the plan, he turned to coat the hole Hessian had been dropped into with a candy patch.
Michuru wrote:Image

The Order, Round Three
  • Tristan Vitesse (44)
  • Shiver (C18 - 25)
  • Sublime (C17 - 24): Bruised x3, Disabled, Dead, Injured x2, Staggered x2, Stunned
  • The Admiral (23)
  • Candyman (C19 - 17): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Hessian, R2), Unconscious (R2)
  • Viscosity (D12 - 10)
  • Black Ice (9): Bruised x3, Disabled, Dead, Staggered, Injured x1, Stunned, Unconscious
  • Key (C16 - 7)
  • Greystone (C13 – 6)
  • Wehrmacht (C12 - 4): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
Black Ice - Toughness - DC 34: 1d20+10 16 So, fails by 18... That's a thing.

Dying. Black Ice - Constitution - DC 10: 1d20+2 7 Dead.

Viscosity will be flabbergasted.

Key is up, Arkrite.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Bruise x2

"No that is just crazy talk" Taheka shouted as Prodigy confessed to wanting to be the biggest mass murderer ever.

"We all agreed that there must be a better way."

Reluctantly Takeka readied himself to stop the teenage genius by whatever means necessary.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 6 CND: Normal

"Well, what ever is going on here, this is where it's happening. That place is the only electricity around here," He nodded at the warehouse.

"When you say bodies, you mean more dead bodies, or more kill all human robots bent on our untimely death?"

He shrugs, then looks back at at the warehouse, "Well, we could do this the smart way, the suicidal way, or the fast way."

"Smart says we sneak up, figure out what they're doing, how everything is running, and pick our fight from there. Not sure we got time for that."

"Suicidal is we charge."

"Fast..."
Lex looks over at Magnitude with a vicious grin, "Well, how much debris do you think you could float right over that warehouse from, say, a couple miles up? A #*$@ing meteor took out the dinosaurs, right? The irony would be just awesome here."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 2 LP:2 Condition: Normal

His medical training was good enough to tell him that Eve was dead before the evil ice girl teleported out.

Distantly he felt a small sense of loss over the death of the nice pretty lady, but there was hardly anything he could have done to have saved her. He had hit that woman with everything he had and she'd shrugged it off like it was nothing. And if there were more people like the ice woman than the others were probably dead already.

He distantly noted a minor sadness at that too, but it passed even quicker than the loss of Eve.

Merle considered his options.

Teleporting home seemed like the best plan. Hopefully one of the other teams would take out the engines, or the robot mastermind. That would be enough to stop the ship. No point in hanging around and dying for nothing.

Of course the ice woman seemed to be able to follow his teleportation attempts. He frowned. At the moment he had the advantage at this location. If she came back with lights, well, he had another plan now that trying to protect Eve was no longer an issue.

Finally he nodded. If the ice woman hadn't returned in a few minutes then he'd assume she'd lost interest. After that he'd teleport around and hopefully leave a false trail for her to try to follow before going home.

It seemed like a good plan.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Magnitude nodded in agreement with Current's plan. "Everyone needs to get to a safe distance," he said. "I'll finish this."

They watched from across the river as Magnitude destroyed the factory. Strangely, there was no resistance: no copy of Argus came rushing out to stop them from destroying his brick and mortar embryo. Ultimately, it was rather anti-climactic.

But then, the true gravity of their situation set in: with the power cut to the portal, they were effectively trapped on this dimension. Ursa would never again hold Beatrice in his arms; Current would never hear Kirstie begin talking at the speed of light whenever she got nervous; Paladin would never see his protege again; Magnitude would never see his team; Derryl would never hear Allegra at the piano...

When all hope seemed to be lost, a light appeared: a glowing glyph appeared before them and exploded in a flash of light. Suddenly, a young woman stood before them--garbed in riot gear and a black duster. Her face was hidden by the helmet she wore.

It was identical to Magnitude's.

"Was zur Hölle?" she asked, looking around at what passed for surroundings. She took in the five people standing before her and froze. She took off her helmet and gazed at Magnitude. It wasn't the Drifter--not the one that any of them knew. It was a woman, likely in her early twenties. She was handsome. She had a strong jawline and short, dark brown hair. "Vater?"

Letting her helmet drop to the ground, she rushed towards them. She threw her arms open wide and pulled Magnitude into a tight hug. "Ich habe dich so sehr vermisst."
Michuru81 wrote:For any character who speaks German (looking at Otso), she said "What the hell?", then "Father?", and finally, "I've missed you so much."
GAMMA TEAM (Imago and Prehistoric; NPCs: Hemophiliac, Paramour)
Soon, what was left of Gamma Team returned to the docking bay. As they moved to board a ship, Imago felt something shake on his wrist. He looked down at the bracelet Fluxx had given him, and saw the message sprawled across it: 'BEGINNING BATTERY ASSAULT. HEAVY RESISTANCE [PUN INTENDED]. IF SUCCESSFUL SHIP MAY LOSE POWER. BE READY.'

DELTA TEAM (Taheka; NPCs: Cacophony, Ogre, Prodigy, Tantivy)
“There is no other way,” the voice in Prodigy’s head whispered. “They have to die. It’s unavoidable.”

“One dimension dies, but the others will be saved. Look, I wanted to do this while you were all engaged with Nightrider—to keep your hands and your consciences clean—but if we don’t do this, countless more are going to die.”

Adela set Shakes’ body down behind her. Prodigy suddenly bent his elbow and eyed the bracer Fluxx had fashioned for their team. “Dammit,” he said, “Martin’s team is already in position. The ship is about to lose power. There’s no time to debate this. Like I said: either I do this, or this fight never ends. We lost Shakes, but we can still save the others.

“Most of us are from 137. Taheka is from 720. I can sacrifice 731. All of our worlds will be spared.”

"No." Taheka shook his head. "That is just crazy talk. We all agreed that there must be a better way."

"I didn't agree to anything," Prodigy told him. "Look, you're new here, so I'll fill you in: my power is that I know everything. I've looked at this from every possible angle, and this is how everyone we love doesn't die."

"I'm sorry," Adela said. Too late, Taheka realized she wasn't saying it to Prodigy, but to him.

She transformed into Ogre and punched Taheka.
”Michuru81” wrote:The Order, Round Two
  • Tantivy (42 – I6): Bruised x2
  • Cacophony (19 – H11): Exhausted
  • Prodigy (15 – I7)
  • Ogre (15 – I12): Bruised x6
  • Taheka (10)
Ogre - Attack: 1d20+8 27 Assuming that's a hit, Toughness DC 27, Gilliam.

You'll be up after that.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 8
Cnd: Far from home

After Magnitude eradicated Argus's factory Otso looked around them. They'd done it. They'd cut out the cancer that threatened all the worlds at the source, but they'd been left stranded. He'd never... He was at a loss for words, instead shrinking back to human form as he slumped to the ground.

The familiar flash of seized his attention and snapped his gaze to their newcomer. The Drifter? No, the woman took of helmet to reveal an unfamiliar face. Somewhere in the back of his mind an errant thought tugged at his memories, asking whether the Drifter hadn't shown up visibly pregnant one of the times she'd appeared to them. But that thought was lost under a more urgent subject. One thought burned in Otso's mind as he leaped to his feet and approached the mystery woman.

"Kannst du uns nach Hause bringen?"
"Can you take us home?"
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex whoops loudly as the rocks smash and shatter the entire works, jumping into the air and punching the sky, "Welcome to the party @&&@*#s!"

He laughs for a minute then wipes a tear away from his eyes, "Okay, so, lets get back to the portal and see how much power it takes to get that thing running again."

Everything here ran off power, so there would have to be some way of opening that portal again, even if he had to drain himself dry to do it. The real question was: would he be able to get through the portal before it closed? He shrugged. Things to worry about when they became actual problems instead of just maybe possibly future problems.

When the girl appears he eased into a combat posture for a moment before she popped her helmet and used a hug attack on Magnitude.

"It was super effective," He mutters to himself.

To Otso he says, "Got to watch out for the goths. They dress all in black and pretend to be all mopey, but they are the huggiest mother#$*#@s in the world, I swear."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Magnitude froze as their guest hugged him. "Vater?" he croaked.

Ursa marched forward and broke up the one-sided reunion. "Kannst du uns nach Hause bringen?" he asked.

"Got to watch out for the goths," Current said to him. "They dress all in black and pretend to be all mopey, but they are the huggiest mother#$*#@s in the world, I swear."

The woman reluctantly released Magnitude and seemed to study the Finn. "Vait, Herr Karell?" A smile spread over her face. "It has been too long!" Her smile spread as she saw Current. "Herr Murphy!" She moved to hug him next, only to realize how awkward she was making things. "Sorry, I... It's been a long vhile since I've seen you all." The corners of her mouth turned down slightly as sorrow began to creep in. "You all look so young. You probably don't know me yet...

"I am Tabitha Flaegler," she said. "The Drifter."

Paladin was perplexed. "I thought the other girl was the Drifter."

"Mein mutter," the Drifter said.

"I saw her," Magnitude said. "She was pregnant. It's... You... Flaegler? I... I'm your...?"

The Drifter smiled at him. "Ja."

Magnitude wrapped his arms around her. "Thank you," he whispered. He broke the embrace to remove his own helmet and gently kissed his adult daughter on the forehead. "Thank you."

The Drifter was blushing when she turned away. "I'm not one-hundred percent on vhat's going on here, but I can figure from context that you are trapped here? This must be vhy the Astrolabe brought me here." Digging under her collar, she pulled out the sentient antiquity. "All right, Lobby, you can get us out of here now."

The glyphs appeared beneath their feet. Beta Team was baptized in light. When it faded, they were on the front lawn of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

The Elpis and the other two worlds were gone from the sky.

"I don't know how much time I have," the Drifter said. "Herr Murphy? Thank you for teaching me to play the guitar. I'm a bit out of practice." She smiled sheepishly. "I hope you won't scold me too harshly.

"Herr Flaegler, you vere the one who taught me how to defend myself." She looked to her father. "Vhen Hannah Garrastazu starts bullying me, don't get upset with Herr Flaegler for teaching me to fight back."

She hugged her father one last time. "Thank you for being the best vater a girl could have hoped for." She lingered for several moments, not wanting to let go. "Ja, ja," she said, "I hear you Lobby. I'm going, I'm going..." As she let go, the glyphs appeared once more. "Ich liebe dich." There was a blinding flash of light and then she was gone.

Paladin was looking to the sky. "It seems the others were victorious. I would like to see Harry. Could someone lead me-"

"Lex!?!"

Kirstie was standing outside the front doors, staring at Beta Team in disbelief. She was frozen on the spot, staring at him in wonder. Then she broke into a run and tackled him, sobbing quietly into his chest.

As he held her, he realized her hair was considerably longer since he'd seen her a few hours ago. "It's you," she said. "I knew it! I knew you'd come back!"

Derryl swallowed hard, terrified of the answer he was about to get. "What's the date?"

"It's the third of September," Kirstie said. She refused to let go of Lex. "You've been missing for three months."
Michuru81 wrote:We can continue to RP it, but I'm winding the session down. I'm going to avoid some big information for the sake of spoilers. There's still one more casualty to come from all this.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

When the girl goes to hug him then hesitates, Lex steps forward and accepts the hug anyways. He fought doppleganger badguys next to his unborn grandson from another dimension in a UFO. He downright refused to let this bother him on the basis of it was downright reasonable in comparison.

"Heeeey... you," Lex says with awkwardly with a big good natured grin.
Michuru wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm The Drifter was blushing when she turned away. "I'm not one-hundred percent on vhat's going on here, but I can figure from context that you are trapped here? This must be vhy the Astrolabe brought me here." Digging under her collar, she pulled out the sentient antiquity. "All right, Lobby, you can get us out of here now."
"I wouldn't say trapped, we haven't even tried the stargate y-"
Michuru wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pmThe glyphs appeared beneath their feet. Beta Team was baptized in light. When it faded, they were on the front lawn of the New Vindicators Academy of Europe.
"-et," Lex finishes as he blinked and looked at the school, "Huh. Neat."
Michuru wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:57 pm"I don't know how much time I have," the Drifter said. "Herr Murphy? Thank you for teaching me to play the guitar. I'm a bit out of practice." She smiled sheepishly. "I hope you won't scold me too harshly.
"Hey, you play for you, Tabby-Cat," He says with a grin, "You ain't got nothing to prove to me."

"Course next time you're going to have to play a set with me."

Lex stepped back as the others said their goodbyes. For all his efforts to be unflappable he was completely flapped. He was letting himself get distracted by...

"Huh, where's all the noise?"

He looked to the sky to try to find the big evil ship.
The Elpis and the other two worlds were gone from the sky.

Paladin was looking to the sky. "It seems the others were victorious. I would like to see Harry. Could someone lead me-"

"Lex!?!"
"Sweet mama-jama," Lex yelped as he jumped and flinched in shock, looking around for Kirstie. It wasn't that he was afraid of her, but that she was supposed to be in England which left him so surprised to hear her voice.
Kirstie was standing outside the front doors, staring at Beta Team in disbelief. She was frozen on the spot, staring at him in wonder.
He smiled and waved, "Wow, you got here fast, did my da-"
Then she broke into a run and tackled him, sobbing quietly into his chest.

"Ooof!"
Lex felt the wind get knocked out of him as Kirstie slammed into him, tripping them both and sending them crashing to the grass, "Woah, it's okay, Kirstie. It's okay, everybody's fine, see?"

He closed one arm around her, and reached up to stroke her hair as he held her close, trying to comfort his girlfriend.
"It's the third of September," Kirstie said. She refused to let go of Lex. "You've been missing for three months."
"W- what?" Lex looked up at the others, "We were just in the ship like ten minutes ago, then we hopped over to destroy Argus' factory..."

"Three months???"

He shook his head.

His first amused thought was that somehow the universe had managed to screw him out of his summer vacation.
After that it was all much more somber. His parents must have been heartbroken, and poor Doug. Well, hopefully Gaspar was around to keep him company. Kirstie was obviously beside herself, he'd be luck to get out of that hug within the next half an hour, and she probably wouldn't let him out of sight for the next day. He wanted to say that he couldn't imagine how she must have felt.

But he didn't have to. He knew how it felt.

He pulled Kirstie closer with one arm and dug out his phone to try to call his parents, but to his (twisted sense of) amusement the phone wouldn't connect. Probably because he hadn't payed the bill in three months. It still had the time it had been for them before returning back home from Argus' dimension.

Hopefully the other has had good luck taking out the space ship...

"Oh @#$%," Lex swore looking up at the empty sky, "I told Nate I'd help him save his family..."

But there was no ship left to save them from.