World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Dream Demon, Glasya Lebolas, Aquaos, Carmilla, Gigantosaur

Post by Davies »

Quantum

Joanne Amos was born to a prosperous, upper middle class family in 1975, their second child and only daughter. Her father was a doctor, while her mother was an executive at a local bank. In her youth, Joanne sometimes imagined following in the footsteps of her uncle, who'd been one of the first African American police officers in San Francisco's history, but she eventually decided to become a doctor like her father.

A part of this change of mind may have been prompted by the fact that her older brother, Jacob, had gone down a criminal path starting in his early teens. By 1993, he'd become a fairly major player in the Bay City cocaine trade, and made many enemies. These enemies decided to teach him a lesson by shooting up his family's house while they were celebrating Joanne's high school graduation and acceptance to pre-med at a prestigious university.

By a miracle (or possibly an early manifestation of her mutant powers) Joanne survived uninjured. Her parents were both killed instantly, and her younger brother Samuel was crippled, paralyzed from the waist down. The fact that Jacob eventually got around to having the people who'd done this hunted down and killed did nothing to make Joanne hate him any less for what he'd brought on her family.

She abandoned her plans for the future and contacted the AEGIS recruiter who, some weeks earlier, had spoken to her about the possibility of working for the agency as a physician, and indicated that she wanted to become a field agent. It was a surprise to him, but he arranged for her to go to the academy. Using the same insane focus and determination that had gotten her into med school, she came out in the top of her class three years later, and became an agent of AEGIS.

Unfortunately, after only two years on the job, Joanne's career with the agency came to an abrupt end early in 1998. During a mission against the Masters of Fortune, Joanne's powers finally manifested fully, allowing her to defeat the villains but also resulting in her having to leave AEGIS. (Policy then required a medical discharge for any agent developing super powers. This policy has since been revised.) Still thirsty for justice, Joanne created the heroic identity of Quantum, and continued to fight crime, maintaining a close relationship with AEGIS in the Bay City area.

Quantum occasionally worked with Bay City's official protectors, the Justice Foundation, on a few cases, but declined their offer of membership. She was familiar with the team from her days with AEGIS, and knew that they rarely coordinated efforts with the agency -- and so doubted that they'd welcome a member with close ties to it. Later, when the group broke up, Quantum felt a certain responsibility, wondering whether perhaps she could have done something to keep it from happening.

A little while later, these thoughts were crystalized when she joined forces with the novice hero Defender to capture a husband and wife team of super-burglars. Defender had ties to the last of the original Champions, Marksman, through his father; with his help, Quantum tried to convince the old man to let her create a new team to honor the legacy of the originals. After seeing them in action against Los Asesinos a few months later, Marksman finally gave his assent.

Ever since then, Quantum has been the Champions' leader. What? You've heard Defender is their leader? Come on, does that sound plausible? Who has more experience, after all? She leads from the front, charging into battle heedless of her safety, while Defender stays in the back doing his thinking and working it out. Now, really, which one of these people sounds like a leader? Right, that's what I thought you were gonna say.

Despite her heroics, Quantum was constantly frustrated by her inability to ever prove any crimes against Jacob Amos, who managed to survive for decades in the drug business under the nickname "Teflon Jack". So it came as something of a surprise when, shortly before her fortieth birthday, she got a call in her civilian identity to come and identify his body. Sure enough, it was him. He'd died of a heart attack. Looking down at the corpse, Joanne was stunned by how empty she felt, now that the anger had nowhere to go.

And then a week later, she got another phone call, from someone who called her "Agent Amos" and then "Quantum", and wanted to know if she was satisfied with his handiwork on Jacob. The voice promised (threatened?) to call again. So far, none of the calls have asked her to do anything, but they have all been completely untraceable, even with AEGIS' best working on it. Someone out there knows who she is ... and what that person wants remains a mystery ...

Quantum -- PL 11

STR 4 | STA 5 | AGL 5 | DEX 5 | FGT 6 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 3
Powers: Energy Control (Array: Ranged Damage 14, AP: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 [Resisted by Dodge; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, AP: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 14 [Resisted by Fortitude; Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware], Limited to One Sense, AP: Continuous Moveable Create 7, AP: Ranged Burst Area Weaken Stamina 9, AP: Ranged Burst Area Damage 9), Force Field (Sustained Impervious Protection 8), Waveriding (Flight 8).
Equipment: Commlink.
Advantages: All-Out Attack, Benefit (Security Clearance), Connected, Equipment (personal), Equipment 3 (team), Extraordinary Effort, Favored Foe (drug dealers), Inspire, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Set-Up, Startle, Teamwork.
Skills: Athletics 5 (+9), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+5), Expertise: Tactics 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+11), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 4 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+5), Technology 3 (+4), Treatment 4 (+5), Vehicles 4 (+5).
Offense: Initiative +5, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 4), High-Energy Beam +8 (Ranged Damage 14), Atomic Bonding +8 (Ranged Dodge 9), Actinic Flare +8 (Ranged Fortitude 14).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 6, Fortitude 10, Toughness 13/5, Will 7.
Totals: Abilities 62 + Powers 65 + Advantages 18 + Skill 24 + Defenses 14 = 182 points
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Family (her only living brother, Samuel). Secret Identity. Temper.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - GIGANTOSAUR, Seeker, Obsidian, Quantum

Post by catsi563 »

Come on, does that sound plausible? Who has more experience, after all? She leads from the front, charging into battle heedless of her safety, while Defender stays in the back doing his thinking and working it out.

Now, really, which one of these people sounds like a leader?
this guy would argue that

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Davies

Post by Davies »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm this guy would argue that

It's meant to be argued.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

:lol: :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Davies

Post by Davies »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:23 am:lol: :D
Not sure why what I said is funny, but okay, then.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jaguar

Santiago Villagatos was born in Buenos Aires in 1974, to a family that had been wealthy but had lost most of it over the years, having been lucky to hold onto their lives at some points. The young Santi knew none of this, of course, but lived a normal life, getting into trouble and getting out of it, and that sort of thing. However, he never did anything terribly bad, which is why he was stunned when, at the age of thirteen, he was packed off to live with his aunt in San Francisco. What could he possibly have done to deserve this? Again, he wasn't to know that it had nothing to do with him, and everything to do with his family heritage, and old enemies, and new ones who sought to take what little the Villagatos family had left.

Regardless, Santiago vowed to live as blameless a life as possible from that point onward, perhaps in hopes that one day all would be forgiven and he could come back home. In the meanwhile, he chose to be as helpful to the people in his new community as he could. After the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989, he found himself working frantically to help reunite families and calm kids missing their parents. Despite the tragedies when he failed, the successes warmed his heart enough that Santiago realized he'd found his vocation. As an adult, he obtained his private investigator's license and went into the business of helping people and finding people.

Meanwhile, back in Argentina, the Villagatos family's tough times continued. The members of the family were picked off, one by one, by agents of the government, drug lords, and even Satanists. Even when their ancestral curse finally returned to its full power, it came too late to save the family from its inevitable doom. And eventually, the last male heir in Argentina died ... and the curse moved on to its next host.

That host was none other than Santi, who found himself turning into a jaguar-man when he came under attack by a group of mobsters who objected to his current investigation. Miraculously, he managed to avoid killing any of them, but that did nothing to stop the shock and horror he felt when he regained his senses. It was a complete transformation, like becoming another person, a person who had none of Santiago's intellect or reason. He wanted nothing to do with it.

It was his Aunt Irena who revealed the secret of the Villagatos family to him. There had been reason to think that the curse was dying out in his generation of the family, but that was clearly not the case. Aunt Irena also encouraged him to reconsider his initial horror. The jaguar was a primal entity, not an evil one, and it was within Santi's power to guide it so that it could be a blessing rather than a curse. She also wondered aloud whether the reason that the family had fallen on such hard times was that, when the curse had been under their control, they had used it only for their own benefit, rather than that of other people as well.

And so, always willing to take risks in order to do the right thing, Santiago began to use the jaguar to fight against injustices that he wouldn't be able to overcome as just a private investigator. He even tried to join the Justice Foundation at one point, but a series of battles against Azteca, who kept mistaking him for some kind of vicious predator, soured him on the idea. He eventually got the chance to get in on the ground floor of a new team when he helped to form the New Champions in 2001. He found himself hoping that both Santiago and the Jaguar would be able to be great assets to this team.

That hasn't worked out quite as well as he hoped. Despite being the best detective on the team, Santiago is all too aware that he's usually in no position to deal with what he finds at the end of the mysteries he helps to unravel for the team, and has to call on the beast far more often than he'd really prefer to do. Making matters worse is the attitude he gets from Quantum, who has flatly told him that he should just quit whining about it and turn into what she called "the more useful side" of his personality when the Champions need it. He really doesn't like Quantum very much ...

Perhaps that's why he's found himself in a relationship with someone who should be his mortal enemy. He's still not sure if Lady Blue actually loves him or is playing a very long, very complicated mind game, but perhaps the Jaguar's "go for it" personality is infecting his own, for Santi isn't sure if he cares. It seems that she appreciates both sides of him, which is a comforting thought. He tells himself that he still thinks she belongs in jail, but he's not really sure if he wants to be the one to put her there ...

Jaguar -- PL 11

STR 7 | STA 8 | AGL 8 | DEX 3 | FGT 10 | INT -1 | AWE 6 | PRE 5
Powers: Catlike Speed (Leaping 4; Movement 3 [safe fall, sure-footed, trackless]; Speed 5), Claws (Strength-based Damage 5, Penetrating 4), Feline Senses (Senses 8 [acute accurate tracking smell, darkvision, ultra-hearing]), Toughness (Protection 4; Regeneration 5).
Advantages: Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Equipment 1 (personal), Equipment 3 (team), Evasion, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 3 (claws), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Startle, Uncanny Dodge.
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+16), Athletics 9 (+16), Insight 8 (+14), Intimidation 12 (+17), Perception 12 (+18), Stealth 9 (+17).
Offense: Initiative +12, Claw +10 (Close Damage 12, Critical 17-20).
Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 14, Toughness 12, Will 8.
Totals: Abilities 92 + Powers 41 + Advantages 16 + Skills 29 + Defense 10 = 188 points
Complications: Thrills--Motivation. Physical (paws make clumsy hands, no color vision). Relationship (Lady Blue). Vulnerable (dazzles).

Santiago Villagatos -- PL 6

STR 3 | STA 5 | AGL 4 | DEX 4 | FGT 7 | INT 4 | AWE 4 | PRE 2
Equipment: Commlink, Smartphone.
Advantages: Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 2, Skill Mastery (Investigation), Tracking, Well-Informed.
Skills: Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat 2 (+9), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+8), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 5 (+9), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 6 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +8, Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 3)
Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5, Will 7.
Totals: Abilities 66 + Advantages 11 + Skills 22 + Defense 6 = 105 points
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Accidental Change (to Jaguar when angry or hurt). Relationship (Lady Blue). Secret Identity.
catsi563

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - GIGANTOSAUR, Seeker, Obsidian, Quantum, Jaguar

Post by catsi563 »

Its interesting seeing the 4th ed champs versions of these. ive always had a bit of a soft spot for them, though ill grant I'm warming up to the new 5th-6th ed versions.

Catsi stories
Davies

Post by Davies »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:56 pm Its interesting seeing the 4th ed champs versions of these. ive always had a bit of a soft spot for them, though ill grant I'm warming up to the new 5th-6th ed versions.
There's a lot of good stuff about that one, too, and I'm planning on incorporating stuff from that era's version of some of the characters when I do their backgrounds. And conversely, characters from 5th edition will be showing up as well, including some that feature in certain signatures.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Defender

Glen Harmon is the only son of James Harmon IV ... and for a very long while, he was somewhat frightened that such was to be the only thing that was noteworthy about him. The original James Harmon had made his fortune adventuring in Africa and Asia, his son (James II) was a gang-busting detective who worked with Elliot Ness, and James III was a decorated army Ranger in World War II. Faced with such a legacy of heroism, James IV employed his inventive genius and physical aptitude as the gadget-wielding hero the Hunter during the 1970s, serving as a member of the original Champions.

Glen was born in 1982, the year after his father retired from superheroics. While he soon showed signs of having inherited his father's brains, he also suffered from crippling shyness that made the notion of parading about in a costume unbearable. Besides, even if he did do that, he'd just be following in his father's footsteps, not blazing a new trail the way each of his storied ancestors had done. For a while, Glen thought it would be enough for him to focus on science, advancing some field of human understanding further than it had been before. Surely that was a heroic undertaking in its own right.

Then his father passed away quite suddenly in 1997, some old injury finally catching up with him. Among his bequests to Glen was a letter, expressing many things that James IV had wished that he could say to Glen face to face, notably revealing how proud he was of his son's technical accomplishments. "There are as many ways to be a hero as there are those who strive to better humanity. It is my hope that you can be a better hero than I ever managed to be ... not a hunter of men, but a defender of mankind."

Glen knew then what he had to do. Gaining access to the treasure trove of technology his father had assembled during his career as a superhero -- reputedly including some alien gadgetry -- he contacted five of his friends from college, each a brilliant scientist in their own right, and tasked them with building a suit of powered armor that Glen could use as a defender. Glen served as the project manager, and was somewhat startled to realize, as he did so, that he had a real talent for keeping his eccentric and egotistical teammates on track. He also learned so much from each of them, advancing his own understanding of technology immensely.

The first Defender suit was completed in 2000, and with tremendous trepidation, Glen took it out for its first flight. That very night, more by chance than design, he helped the more experienced Quantum to arrest a pair of husband and wife super-burglars, and earned Quantum's reluctant praise. (She remembers things a bit differently, of course.) They began co-operating, and when Defender accidentally mentioned that he was acquainted with the long-retired Marksman, Quantum browbeat him into arranging a meeting where she sought Mr. Henderson's permission to establish a new team of Champions. It took a few months to gain that, but when the full team overcame an attempt by VIPER to regain their foothold in Bay City, the Marksman was more than happy to give them that permission.

Since then, Glen's Defender suit has gone through nine major upgrades and scores of minor modifications to improve its ability to, in Glen's view, get his brain into position to understand how to win the Champion's fights. Glen himself has grown as a scientist and a leader, even if some people still think Quantum is the leader. The set of some people including Quantum, unfortunately. He's also started to show an interest in helping his older sister Jaime in the task of managing Harmon Enterprises, somewhat to her surprise but generally to the company's benefit. Still, technology remains his primary interest, and he's currently experimenting with a method to remotely operate the Defender armor.

Nothing bad will come of this, of course. No way that can go horribly wrong.

Defender -- PL 11

STR 13/2 | STA 4 | AGL 9/4 | DEX 9/4 | FGT 9/4 | INT 6 | AWE 2 | PRE 3
Powers: All Removable. Armored Shell (Impervious Protection 9), Computer Controls (Enhanced Agility 5; Enhanced Dexterity 5; Enhanced Fighting 5), Holographic Projector (Illusion 1 [visual]), Rockets (Flight 10), Sealed Systems (Immunity 10 [life support]), Sensors (Communication 2 [radio]; Senses 3 [extended vision, low-light vision, radio]), Spotlight (Environment 1 [light]), Suit Weaponry (Array: Enhanced Strength 11, AP: Ranged Damage 15, Inaccurate, Unreliable, AP: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge; hindered & vulnerable, defenseless & immobile], Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Unreliable [5 uses], AP: Burst Area Nullify Technology 7, Broad, Simultaneous, Unreliable)
Advantages: Benefit 4 (Multi-millionaire), Equipment 3 (team), Improvised Tools, Inventor, Leadership, Ultimate Effort (Technology).
Skills: Expertise: Science 6 (+12), Expertise: World Traveler 4 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+6), Technology 12 (+18).
Offense: Initiative +9/+4, Unarmed +9/+4 (Close Damage 13/2), Particle Beam +7 (Ranged Damage 15), Rocket Bolos +9 (Ranged Affliction 11, Resisted by Dodge).
Defense: Dodge 9/4, Parry 9/4, Foritude 8, Toughness 13/4, Will 11.
Totals: Abilities 58 + Powers 90 + Advantages 11 + Skills 17 + Defense 13 = 189 points
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Secret Identity. Shyness.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - GIGANTOSAUR, Seeker, Obsidian, Quantum, Jaguar, Defender

Post by Davies »

Home internet went out again just as I was about to post this last night. Le sigh.

Solitaire

She was named Elaine by the cabal, and never knew her parents. (In fact, her mother was one of the leaders of the cabal, who employed various magical means to ensure that her child would develop extraordinary magical power. Her father was some guy her mother knew.) From the time that she could walk, she was being constantly trained in certain magical arts, as well as mundane ones that the cabal chose for her. She mastered every technique they introduced, often long before they were expecting her to do so.

In adolescence, she was bonded with a focus crystal taken from the debris field of a dying star. The crystal was supposed to ease the physical strain of her magical powers, and it certainly did that, but there was more to her Widget. It was intelligent, a fact totally unknown to her mentors. It was Widget who gently suggested that she should not tell them about his self-awareness, and Elaine agreed, happy to have a friend who could not be taken away from her as so many had been already. It was a tiny seed of rebellion that would grow into something much greater.

At the age of eighteen, they deemed her ready to truly prove herself, and assigned her a mission of assassination -- to kill one Senator Jeremiah Relm, a great sinner. Exerting her powers to the utmost, she slipped past his protection detail and confronted the senator in his office. And then something happened that her mentors could not have predicted. When the senator protested his innocence in response to her verbal challenge, she paused and answered him with words, rather than simply blasting him into oblivion. Senator Relm was able to defend his actions superbly, for he was certainly motivated to do so.

Confused by the way that the senator made what had seemed so certain back at the cabal's sanctuary seem so ... wrong, Elaine attempted to contact her superiors for clarification. They responded by trying to kill her, which certainly clarified something. Escaping with Widget, Elaine found herself more alone than she'd ever been before, and yet also more free than she'd ever been, either.

She made her way across the country, switching between teleportation and mundane transportation, to put as much of the nation between herself and the Washington D.C.-based cabal as she could. Her path eventually led her to Bay City, where she read about the Champions in a local newspaper. The cabal had always told her that 'super-heroes' were just pawns of the established powers. Given that so much else that she had been told was turning out to be lies, perhaps this was yet another one. If she wanted to do Good in the world, she should work with others who already did Good.

So she showed up at the Champions' headquarters and volunteered her services. The team was lacking a mage or a psychic and that had led to several difficult encounters already. When the tests they ran Solitaire (a name she chose on the spot) through confirmed that she had the sorts of abilities that they could certainly use, they were more than happy to accept her into their numbers. Ever since then she has served as the Champions most committed member, even if she frequently questions whether their actions are really serving the Good or not.

As Solitaire's power has grown, Widget has stopped being quite so necessary as he was when she was younger. As things stand now, he is basically a fairly vulnerable extra set of eyes for her. One of her long-term goals is to find some way to evolve Widget into a more advanced magical tool. Even if she is never able to do this, however, she will never abandon the one friend who stuck by her when everything else turned against her (as she fears the Champions might if she ever lets them down.)

It sometimes comes as something of a surprise to other mages that Solitaire doesn't practice ritual magic. To such critics, she usually replies that an average mage practices their incantations until they can get them right, but she prefers to practice her incantations until she can't get them wrong. (This has occasionally drawn the ire of so-called average mages, such as Seven, for example. Seven has responded by comparing Solitaire's practice as impressive on a technical level, but without sufficient understanding of the theory involved. They don't get on, basically.)

In her secret identity as Elaine King, she's a fashion model. In her other secret identity as Rowena Page, she's a stage actress ... a fairly obscure one, but becoming known in Bay City's small theatre community. She has not shared either secret identity with the other Champions, as she expects that she'd be petrified if they showed up in the audience of one of her shows. The thought that all of this might draw the attention of the cabal has not yet occurred to her.

Solitaire -- PL 11
STR 2 | STA 4 | AGL 4 | DEX 4 | FGT 6 | INT 1 | AWE 6 | PRE 3
Powers: Barrier of Will (Sustained Impervious Protection 8 AND Sustained Impervious Will 12, AP: Accurate Extended Teleport 7), Magic (Array: Ranged Damage 14, AP: Perception Range Damage 7, Alternate Save [Will], AP: Communication 2, Limited to Compelled Subjects AND Perception Range Affliction 11 [Resisted by Will; Entranced, Compelled], Limited Degree, AP: Damaging Move Objects 9, AP: Energizing Restorative Healing 7), Widget (Heroic Summon 4, Feedback, Mental Link).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Attractive, Equipment 1 (personal), Equipment 3 (team), Fearless, Power Attack, Trance, Ultimate Effort (Will).
Skills: Deception 8 (+11), Expertise: Actress 4 (+7), Expertise: Fashion Model 6 (+9), Insight 8 (+14), Expertise: Magic 8 (+9), Perception 6 (+12), Ranged Attack: Magic 4 (+8), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth 6 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +4, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 2), Arcane Bolt +8 (Ranged Damage 14), Gaze of Power -- (Perception Range Will-Resistance Damage 7), Gaze of Compulsion -- (Perception Range Will 11).
Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 12/4, Will 14.
Totals: Abilities 60 + Powers 74 + Advantages 9 + Skills 26 + Defenses 18 = 187 points.
Complications: Manichean Worldview--Motivation. Enemy (the cabal that raised her). Secret Identity.

Widget -- PL 4

STR -2 | STA -- | AGL 0 | DEX -- | FGT -2 | INT 0 | AWE 1 | PRE 0
Powers: Aware (Senses 4 [communication link, direction sense, radius vision, time sense]), Hovering (Flight 1), Living Construct (Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]; Protection 4; Regeneration 1), Tiny (Shrinking 8, Permanent, Innate)
Advantages: None.
Skills: Perception 4 (+5), Stealth 0 (+8).
Offense: Initiative +0, Unarmed -2 (Close Damage -2)
Defenses: Dodge 4, Parry 2, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 4, Will 4
Totals: Abilities -22 + Powers 58 + Skills 2 + Defenses 3 = 52 points.
Complications: Loyalty to Solitaire--Motivation.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Seeker, Obsidian, Quantum, Jaguar, Defender, Solitaire

Post by Davies »

Champions Infrastructure
Or, What Those Three Points of Equipment on Everyone's Sheet Buys

Regretfully, I have only been able to find floorplans of Homestead, the Champions' headquarters on Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay. (The bay is still called that, even if the city's name has changed) rather than a good exterior view of it. It is a six story tall complex with five below-ground sublevels, so I'm fairly comfortable in calling it Huge.

Homestead -- 24 points
Size H; Toughness 14; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Dock, Fire Prevention System, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System (DC 25), Workshop

Homestead's personnel includes Wendy Brooks, Homestead's housekeeper (a Bystander, per M&M 216), Dana Sullivan, the team's official AEGIS liaison (AEGIS Aide, per Emerald City Secrets p. 56), Toshiro Daishi, the team's mechanic (Scientist, per M&M 216), Julius Rutherford, the team's PR and marketing consultant (another Bystander, but with 8 ranks of Expertise: Business), Karen Shriver, the facility's head of security (AEGIS Active Response Team Agent, Emerald City Secrets p. 56), and three security guards (as Shriver, but -1 to all Offense and Defense abilities).

The Champions' base includes facilities for the group's relatively small collection of vehicles, purchased as an array. The fleet currently includes two supersonic VTOL jets known as Slingshots, a pair of armored personnel carriers euphemistically termed Battlevans, and a submarine vessel of Atlantean design gifted to the original team by King Theseus. (Yes, this is a second-tier superhero team -- the Freedom League has a lot more stuff.)

Slingshot -- 40 points
Size H; Str 12; Speed 12; Defense 6; Toughness 11

Battlevan -- 29 points
Size H; Str 12; Speed 4; Defense 6; Toughness 12; Impervious Toughness 8

Submarine -- 20 points
Size C; Str 16; Speed 6; Defense 2; Toughness 13
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Seeker, Obsidian, Quantum, Jaguar, Defender, Solitaire

Post by Davies »

Tomorrow: I take a break.

Monday: I go back even further than 4th edition Champions to find some Enemies.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Davies wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:59 pm Tomorrow: I take a break.

Monday: I go back even further than 4th edition Champions to find some Enemies.
Heh. Frizbee!!!

Yeah, I have Enemies and Enemies II still.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Battlevan, eh?
Well, it is no Herkimer Battle Jitney but I suppose one just has to make due. ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ken wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:28 am Heh. Frizbee!!!
Yep, she'll be in here. I may even pick up Rogue's Gallery: Chakram to see if I can link the two characters together.
Arkrite wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 am Battlevan, eh?
Well, it is no Herkimer Battle Jitney but I suppose one just has to make due. ;~)
... I've never actually seen that movie in full. Perhaps I should change that.