Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Remy

Post by Jabroniville »

REMY
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III: Third Strike (1999)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- Third Strike Only
Home Country: France
Role: SNK Guy, Stylish Dude, Skinny Boy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Savate
PL 8 (122)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+13)
Deception 5 (+6)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+9)
Insight 2 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Lights) 7 (+13)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Light of Virtue), Improved Critical (Rising Rage Flash) 2, Ranged Attack 4

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Light of Virtue" Blast 4 (Reduced Defenses 1, Diminished Range) (5) -- [7]
  • AE: "Rising Rage Flash" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Cold Blue Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Rising Rage Flash/Cold Blue Kick +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Light of Virtue +13 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Destroying Fighters)- Remy and his sister were abandoned by their unseen father, who was a fighter. As a result, Remy hates fighters, and seeks to destory them. Therefore, obviously, he became a fighter himself. He will do this by beating the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Sister)- Remy's sister died, and he froze her in ice to preserve her. He struggles to let her go.
Weakness (Predictability)- Remy, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 11 + 12 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 18 (122)

-Remy's one of those lamer SF III characters. He looks fairly stylish, but that's because he's a riff on the SNK character design style- he particularly emulates Iori Yagami of King of Fighters fame, but honestly looks more like somebody took a look at the entirety of KoF, said "what makes these guys popular?", and instead of picking any one guy, simply created a generic batch of attributes based off of visual appearances (sullen-looking, skinny young man in stylish clothing), rather than what REALLY makes the characters popular. He reminds me of how 1990s comic book writers constantly ripped off Alan Moore & Frank Miller without understanding anything ABOUT their styles. He's got a really bad character bio, where he was abandoned by his fathe, who was a fighter, and so he hates fighters. And he fights them by becoming a fighter. Yeah. He's all brood-y and dark and I just can't get into a character this lame. He was a new creation for the Third Strike game (the final version of the SF III engine), copying much of Guile's moveset to give us a "Charge-Based Guile Character"), but never appeared in another game. Obviously, the guy just never took off.

-Remy's a big part of why I "demote" some other characters to lesser status. If I saw him become a major part of the franchise (like say, Alex or Hugo), I could see boosting his stats. But otherwise, he's just a PL 8 who is unproven. He fights rather like Guile/Charlie-types, with Sonic Boom-type moves, an obvious Flash Kick (see, another SF III "clone" character), etc. He's quick and sprightly, however, and has mastered a few ranges of fighting (his Blast is quite accurate).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Q

Post by Jabroniville »

Q
Created By:
Unknown
Home Country: Unknown
Role: Mystery Man
Vague Martial Art Basis: Clumsy (??)
PL 9 (119)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 5 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+12)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+7)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 6 (+7)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Diehard, Improved Grab, Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 4

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Extra Power" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"High Speed Barrage" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Distracting 5) Linked to Affliction 5 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Dashing Head Attack/Straight" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (??)- Nobody knows Q's origins or motivations, and he isn't talking. All we know is that it involves beating the $#!& out of people.
Disabled (Mute)- Either he's mute, or he doesn't talk.
Weakness (Predictability)- Q, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 9 + 13 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 19 (119)

-Q is the most mysterious in the entire SF franchise. Seemingly based off of a mysterious figure seen in the background of Ken's stage in SF II, Q is a trenchcoat & fedora-clad mystery man who never speaks (all his win quotes are in parentheses, implying he's just thinking stuff), possibly murders people (he's been linked to several disasters), and generally just wanders the world, appearing in dimly-lit photographs. His look is based off of numerous things, from The Invisible Man to various manga, where that's pretty common. Kind of interesting (he either sheds a tear over his foes, or cruelly steps on their faces), but of hard to be a fan of a guy who doesn't actually HAVE any real characteristics. His slow speed makes him "low tier" in tournaments, and since he's only ever appeared in the final SF III game, he'll possibly always be that way.

-Q is a big, slow fighter, being over seven feet tall, but lacking a lot of the trademark speed & athleticism of a typical World Warrior. He doesn't have a lot of "Special" Specials (most of it's just jumping forward and bashing people in the head), but there's a Multiattack Barrage in there. He's a little difficult to figure out stat-wise, since there's a question whether or not he's even human (he might be a robot or an android- you can see musculature in his "I'm Being Shocked" animation, but he seems to "shut down" after being beaten by "chip damage"), but I went with the "Big Strong Slow Human" approach. If you want to make him a Robot, he'd be more expensive.

Q- Robotic Version
Created By:
Unknown
Game Apperances: Street Fighter III- Third Strike Only
Home Country: Unknown
Role: Mystery Man
Vague Martial Art Basis: Clumsy (??)
PL 9 (127)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 5 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+12)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+7)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 6 (+7)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Diehard, Improved Grab, Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 4

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Extra Power" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]

"Special Moves"
"High Speed Barrage" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Flaws: Distracting 5) Linked to Affliction 5 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Dashing Head Attack/Straight" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (??)- Nobody knows Q's origins or motivations, and he isn't talking. All we know is that it involves beating the $#!& out of people.
Disabled (Mute)- Either he's mute, or he doesn't talk.
Weakness (Predictability)- Q, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 9 + 13 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 15 (127)

-Here's Q if he were actually a robot- only six points more expensive, actually.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab's Builds! (Oro! Yun & Yang! Ibuki! Necro! Gill!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I assumed the inspiration for Q was Steve Ditko's Mr. A, similarly clad in metal and very strong, and also a single letter. :)

Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Oro! Yun & Yang! Ibuki! Necro! Gill!)

Post by Ken »

FuzzyBoots wrote:I assumed the inspiration for Q was Steve Ditko's Mr. A, similarly clad in metal and very strong, and also a single letter. :)

And that single letter, "Q", is the first letter of the name of another Ditko character with a not-dissimilar look: the Question.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Makoto

Post by Jabroniville »

MAKOTO
Created By:
Unknown
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- Third Strike, Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV
Home Country: Japan
Role: Generic Fighter
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate
PL 9 (124)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+15)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+3)
Treatment 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike, Defensive Throw, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Prone Fighting, Seize Initiative

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:

"Karakusa- Hoisting Throat Thrust" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Feats: +2 to Parrying Foes) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5) -- [8]
  • AE: "Hayate- Charged Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) & Speed 1 (4 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Short Burst) (1.5)
  • AE: "Fukiage- Anti-Air Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Oroshi- Overhand Chop/Tsurugi- Axe Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Karakusa +15 (+3 Damage & Afflictoin, DC 18 & 13)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Her Dojo)- Makoto desires to earn money and fame for her dojo. She will do this by beating the $#!& out of people.
Weakness (Predictability)- Makoto, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 12 + 13 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 21 (124)

-I actually really, really like the Makoto character, who made her debut in SF III: Third Strike as a new female character. See, on one hand she's as generic as it gets ("Martial artist in standard gi"). She has a dull-as-dishwater Motivation ("I want students for my dojo!"). She has no major issue with any fighter other than "I want to beat you so that I can support my dojo with reputation!" But I think it's her raw generic-ness that I appreciate. Plus the fact that she takes the generic "Gi-Wearing Martial Artist" thing and manages to completely alter it by being a female! A similar thing is from Garou: Mark of the Wolves when Kyokugenryo Style student Kushnood Butt is a giant black guy in the "Shotoclone" style, which comes off as a completely different thing.

-Plus, so many of Capcom's characters tend to go balls-out with crazy costumes (or barely-there ones, in the style of R.Mika), whacky energy attacks and goofy, surreal sci-fi origins, especially post-SFII, so that a Generic Girl in a Gi who only fights using karate techniques, chokes and punches actually STANDS OUT as really, really cool. She's also kinda funny because she's all hot-blooded and grouchy all the time. I also like the design- she doesn't dress up to show off (no disrespect, but in a world where most of the ladies DO, she stands out for NOT doing it), she isn't hugely stacked (SF IV kinda gives everyone big boobs, but even then it's understated), and many forget than a generic gi is actually pretty stylin' when you get right down to it. Count her as a positive addition from SF III. She proved popular enough to get into the two SF IV sequels.

-Makoto is fairly cheap on points for a PL 9, but she still fits the standards as a "high accuracy, low-damage" character. A LOT of her techniques depend on countering (one move is an anti-air strike), and she does a lot of "Build up your strength, then ATTACK!" moves (Power Attack). She blasts across the screen, Balrog-style, at points (Flawed Speed), and excels at grappling. She has an extra rank of Improved Critical (Unarmed) compared to most Street Fighters (since it's, you know, all she can really do). A large chunk of her offense is based around her "Karakusa", which allows her to set up an opponent for vicious combos by hurting their defenses.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Re: Jab's Builds! (Ibuki! Necro! Gill! Urien! Remy! Q! Makoto!)

Post by StarGuard »

Wow, some pretty cool adaptations here Jab. Not that I know the first thing about SF, but your builds always are inspirational examples to play off of when I need ideas on how to approach a character concept.

The art you're using is what caught my eye the last couple pages, from the outlandish Gill to Makato, who until I read the background swore was a great picture of a boy ala a young Karate Kid. Then the same first glance mis-identification for Remy except I thought is was a euro-woman until I saw the name Remy (which I read as Remo the Destroyer, very old fiction character) .... anyway, really cool all around thanks for sharing.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Loving her whole tomboy look she has going on there, and yeah, she really does manages to stick out despite being one of the most normal looking characters int he entire series from what I've seen... the Street Fighter universe is very bizarre. You know, if there was someone around who knew it very well, it might actually make for a great Superhero game. Or perhaps, more of a superfighter game?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Street Fighter as a whole has kind of morphed into a "Band of Heroes (vs) Army of Spies" kind of thing anyhow, with an increasingly-massive army of heroes fighting against Bison's minions. He's got Brainwashed Jailbait, A Big Dumb Idiot Boxer, a Beauty-Obsessed Claw-Wielding Psychopath, a Poisonous Effete and armies of Mooks and by himself wields Psionic & Psychokinetic Powers. The heroes are Chi-Blasting Karate Guys, a Sonic-Powered Army Dude, Jailbait, Jailbait, a Russian Roid Monster, Jailbait, a Detective with Super-Thighs, and an assortment of multinational ass-kickers that only make cameos.

The White Wolf RPG was basically themed around "Team Battles" and an eventual assault on "Mriganka", a fictional country Bison controlled, complete with a cut-out of his wicked base. And one time you had to fight a bull- whose stats were INSANE, and could easily wipe out a party of rookies.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Heck, even Makoto's "fan service" alternate costumes are fairly modest, being either a set of farmer's coveralls or a rather more realistic than fetishy school uniform. She's also wearing a sports bra in all her costumes! (But never the fan art.)

I've never been good at the complicated supermove parts of fighting games. When I do play, I tend to stick to just regular attacks and combos thereof. Makoto is one of the only Street Fighter characters where this is still a viable way to play (I'm not going to beat a hardcore genre fan, but I can hold my own against casual friends and even beat the game at standard difficulty.)

Plus, her whole personality just reminds me of Akane from Ranma 1/2.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Probably should wait until some Disney-related build shows up, but I'm curious: I imagine no real living person is gonna fit your lofty standards for Belle, but what you thinking of Emma Watson in the role (and about how the trailer makes the movie look very faithful to the cartoon)?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The only human being who could have played Belle, looks-wise, would have been a younger Kristin Davis :). Emma Watson never really struck me as beyond gorgeous the way she does others- maybe because I still associate her with being a 12-year old Hermione, or the fact that she has the same face as that adult male (there's some internet meme showing the two of them in pictures next to each other).

Looks like some of the dialogue is different, while some is kept the same. It's a bit peculiar... because this (and Mulan, which has also been announced) is a MUCH more recent movie, with most of its cast still alive (Angela Lansbury, David Ogden Stiers, Paige O'Hara, etc.), so a Live-Action Retelling seems a bit odd.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Twelve

Post by Jabroniville »

TWELVE
Created By:
Unknown
Home Country: Russia
Role: Genetic Creation, T-1000
Vague Martial Art Basis: None
PL 8 (160)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+11)
Intimidation 10 (+8)
Perception 8 (+8)
Stealth 6 (+11)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (A.X.E.), Improved Critical (N.D.L.), Improved Critical (D.R.A.), Improved Grab, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 6

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Genetic Freak"
"Gross Stretching" Elongation 1 [1]
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]

"X.C.O.P.Y." Shapeshift 5 (Forms of Others) (Flaws: Tiring, Fades) (Quirks: May Not Use Extraordinary Effort -1) & Morph 2 (Flaws: Limited to Opponent, Limited to White Coloring) (35) -- [36]
  • AE: Shapeshift 3 (Quirks: Same Colour- White) (23)
(Typical Powers: Wall-Crawling, Flight, Insubstantial 1, Hands-as-Shapes)

"Special Moves"
"X.F.L.A.T." Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Flaws: Tiring) (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Affliction 7 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Tiring) (8) -- [12]
  • AE: "N.D.L." Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 4, Indirect- From Below) (5)
  • AE: "A.X.E." Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting 4) Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (6)
  • AE: "D.R.A." Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "X.N.D.L." Strength-Damage +4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line for 8 ranks) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2, Tiring) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
N.D.L. +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
A.X.E. +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
D.R.A. +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
X.N.D.L. +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
X.F.L.A.T. +9 (+7 Damage & +7 Affliction, DC 22 & 17)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Hunting Necro)- Twelve was ordered with hunting down Necro, a runaway from The Illuminati. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Urien)- Twelve worships the thong-wearing baddie like a father, and is extremely devoted to him.
Weakness (Predictability)- Twelve, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 14 + 11 / Powers: 53 / Defenses: 17 (160)

-Twelve has an interesting concept for a Street Fighter character- a genetic creation like Necro, he can Shapeshift and basically "Shang Tsung" himself into the opposing fighters using his Super Art. He can also turn all of his limbs into weapons, stretch, climb the ceiling, etc. Altogether very weird. It still messes me up to see SF shift into "Genetic Supermonsters" being a central concept to the series, but with all the Ki Attacks and stuff, it probably shouldn't. My only major problem with him is the design- just a plain chalk-white dude with a funny helmet? Not very dynamic, Capcom.

-Twelve is an effective, variable PL 8 who costs as much as a PL 10 PC, much like Necro. He has a few variable-ish Special Moves that attack at pretty long range for melee attacks, and he can switch his caps around better than Necro can. He has a lot of those powers that don't matter much in a fighting game, but would in an RPG, like Wall-Crawling, Insubstantial and other Shapeshift-based powers.

-Twelve has some interesting, unique Super Arts, so I figured I'd toss in a version that contains them. They're limited by being Tiring (meaning he's best-off spending HPs to negate that), but contain some different effects. His Super N.D.L. move isn't just a long-range spike thingie- it goes all the way across the screen like an Area Effect. His X.F.L.A.T. move turns him into an Airplane-thingie that blasts all over the place, either being a Multiattack (against one guy) or a Burst Damage effect (against a group). His X.C.O.P.Y. move allows him to transform himself completely to another Street Fighter opposing him, but he has a timeframe for it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

SF IV

Post by Jabroniville »

STREET FIGHTER IV:
-Several years after the disappointment that was Street Fighter III, Capcom attempted to correct their mistakes with SF IV, which recaptured the roster from the second game. ie. THE POPULAR ONES. However, despite being a sequel to SF II (and thus, a PREQUEL to SF III, which takes place further into the future), a few of the most popular SF III characters were added to later editions. Unlike every other game in the series, Capcom sadly abandoned 2-D graphics as a thing of the past, and went with 3-D to enable a larger character roster, but keeping the "Hit Boxes" (ie. areas where you could strike and do damage, rather than just scoring a "hit" only if you struck a part of the enemy) and such of the older games, as it never "felt right" otherwise. Unfortunately, these 3-D graphics contained some HIDEOUS character animations, especially for talking, so I was never a fan of that style.

-Nonetheless, the games did pretty well. Nostalgia had hit a bit, and some of the new characters had proven quite popular. However, some weren't as big a hit as Capcom wanted (namely Crimson Viper, who was less popular in America than Abel, much to the surprise of the character designers). Of the SF II cast, only Dee Jay & T.Hawk were missing (Fei Long appeared on the console version only), but most of the Alpha gang was not added immediately, and nobody was in from SF III until later.

Roster:
(Previous Games)
1) Ryu
2) Ken
3) Chun-Li
4) Dhalsim
5) Zangief
6) E. Honda
7) Blanka
8) Guile
9) Sagat
10) M. Bison
11) Balrog
12) Vega
13) Cammy
14) Akuma
15) Rose
16) Gen
17) Fei Long
18) Dan Hibiki
19) Sakura

(New Characters)
20) Crimson Viper (a sexy lady cop)
21) El Fuerte (luchadore chef)
22) Abel (MMA bad-ass)
23) Rufus (Joke Character)
24) Seth (End Boss)
25) Gouken (Ryu & Ken's resurrected master!)

Super Street Fighter IV:
-Another edition added some further characters, bringing up the roster to an INSANE number!

Roster:
(Returning Characters)
26) T. Hawk
27) Dee Jay
28) Cody
29) Guy
30) Adon
31) Dudley
32) Ibuki
33) Makoto
34) Yun
35) Yang
36) Evil Ryu

(New Characters)
37) Juri Han (Evil Korean Psychopath)
38) Hakan (Oiled-Up Turkish Wrestler)
39) Oni Akuma (upgarded Akuma!!)

Ultra Street Fighter IV:
-Naturally, Capcom had to go and get their Capcom on, and we sure enough had a THIRD version of the same game- this one adding a tiny handful of new characters.

Roster:
(Returning Characters)
40) Elena
41) Hugo
42) Rolento

(New Characters)
43) Poison (from Final Fight)
44) Decapre (Cammy "Clone" Doll)
Jabroniville

Rufus

Post by Jabroniville »

RUFUS
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter IV (2010)
Home Country: The United States
Role: The Scrappy, Fat Bastard, The Unknown Rival (to Ken)
Vague Martial Art Basis: Kung Fu (self-taught)
PL 8 (98)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+11)
Deception 2 (+1)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+1)
Vehicles 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Messiah Kick) 2, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 3, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Galactic Tornado" Strength-Damage +0 Linked to Affliction 5 (Strength or Agility; Hindered & Vulnerable) (Feats: Reach 3) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: One Degree -2) Linked to Move Object 2 (Flaws: Limited to Towards Him) (7.5) -- [9.5]
  • AE: "Snake Strike" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting) (2.5)
  • AE: "Messiah Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Messiah Kick +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Galactic Tornado +13 (+3 Damage & +5 Affliction, DC 18 & 15)
Snake Strike +13 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Defeating Ken)- Rufus is incensed that Ken is considered the greatest American martial artist alive, and he strives to beat Ken and take the title for himself. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!% out of people.
Responsibility (Dumbass)- Rufus is so mind-numbingly stupid that he cannot even recognize Ken, often mistaking other people for him (including Cammy). He is also prone to rambling incessantly about whatever springs to mind.
Relationship (Candy)- Rufus has a trashy-dressing floozy of a girlfriend named Candy.
Weakness (Predictability)- Seth, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 31--15.5 / Advantages: 11 + 13 / Powers: 11.5 / Defenses: 10 (98)

-Rufus is just... wow. I don't really have that many problems with adding a "Joke" character into the canon. I mean, Dan is a joke, but even then he's more of a parody/take that to SNK and their clone heroes. But Rufus is meant to be a good fighter in the game, AND he's the rival to Ken, a role that was supposed to go to one of two other potentially great designs (one a bad-ass looking black dude in an ornate outfit... the other was a GIGANTIC guy based off of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in Game of Death). Instead we got this big fat loser of an idiot who jiggles all over the place and hits super-quick Kung Fu strikes, despite his tremendous bulk. He's not even Sumo Fat or Tough Guy Fat... he's just morbidly obese with tiny arms and legs, and he looks stupid. I could have accepted that if they made him a deliberately crappy fighter, but they didn't, and now we're stuck with this loser design. Rufus sucks.

-Fighting Style: Despite his prodigious bulk, Rufus fights more like a rapid-attacking athletic Poker, doing small, quick damage. He goes All-Out or Power on his attacks a LOT, and his moves are fairly weird, in that one kind of sucks the opponent in (a low-rank Affliction that renders them Vulnerable, linked to a Move Object and a Strike because he can also bean someone once they're close to him). His Snake Strike is a weird Multiattack that only hits jumpers, but that's kinda hard to write into M&M terms (since jumping in to attack is just a descriptor and not a different kind of attack here). I was gonna make him PL 8 because he sucks so bad, but his Galactic Tornado has an Affliction/Move Object component that moves him up to PL 9. Still no great shakes as a World Warrior, but he's not totally worthless.

-But seriously, those "Ken Rival" designs they didn't use were freaking BAD-ASS and would have been some of the most popular characters in the series! It is a crying SHAME that Capcom stuck us with the Goofy Fat Dude instead.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

C. Viper

Post by Jabroniville »

CRIMSON VIPER (Maya)
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter IV (2008)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter IV- All Games, Marvel (vs) Capcom 3
Home Country: The United States
Role: Newbie Character, Battlesuit Girl, Secret Agent
Vague Martial Art Basis: Covert Fighting Tools (whatever that means)
PL 9 (156)
STRENGTH
1/3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+13)
Athletics 4 (+5)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+14)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Government Agent) 8 (+11)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 5 (+9)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 2 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Government Agent), Daze (Agile Feint), Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 5, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Power-Suit" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Those Trained) [15]
Enhanced Strength 2 (4)
"Vaulting Jumps" Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)
Speed 1 (4 mph) (1)

"Special Moves"
"Seismic Hammer- Ranged" Blast 3 Linked to Affliction 5 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) (Inaccurate -1) (8) -- (11)
  • AE: "Seismic Hammer- Close" Damage 3 (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Affliction 5 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) (Inaccurate -1) (3)
  • AE: "Thunder Knuckle" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) Linked to Affliction 4 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Inaccurate -1) (4)
  • AE: "Burning Kick" Damage 5 (Extras: Secondary Effect 3) (Inaccurate -1) (7)
-- (18 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Power-Suit +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Thunder Knuckle +12 (+5 Damage & +4 Affliction, DC 20 & 14)
Burning Kick +12 (+5 Damage & +3 Secondary, DC 20 then 18)
Seismic Hammer +5 (+3 Damage & +5 Affliction, DC 18 & 15)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Destroying S.I.N.)- C. Viper's mission is to defeat S.I.N. as a double-agent. These will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Secret (Double-Agent)- C. Viper secretly works for American forces, and is a mole within the S.I.N. organization.
Relationship (Daughter)- C. Viper is devoted to her young daughter.
Weakness (Predictability)- C. Viper, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 17 + 12 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 16 (156)

-Crimson Viper is the new character who debuted in Street Fighter IV- a government agent/double agent who has a daughter, and wears a power-suit that allows her to use her natural martial arts ability to hang with the big boys. This is a unique addition to the Capcom-verse, and is controversial to some of the "old school" warriors (like Akuma & Gen), and she kind of stands out in a weird way. She dresses like a combination of Business-like Lady/Streetwalker, and actually looks like she'd fit in better with SNK's fighting games with her stylishness (I've read that this was deliberate). Her goofy-looking snake-hair is weird, though. I saw she's a reasonably-solid addition to the SF-verse, certainly more than most of the SF III characters were in any case. Apparently Capcom of Japan designed her specifically to appeal to Americans (she appears based off of Angelina Jolie), but they were left surprised when it turned out that American gamers prefered Abel. She nonetheless made it into Marvel (vs) Capcom 3.

-Fighting Style: C. Viper uses a variety of unique tricks for the "SF-verse", from the Power-Suit to the Tripping/Blasting "Seismic Hammer" to the fiery "Burning Kick". She has some unique elemental powers in her suit, but still fits the PL 9 status of a relative newcomer. Her fighting style in-game is that of a "Poker" who jabs away at opponents with low-impact, stunning hits & knock-downs. She rarely does much damage, but she's fast and annoying, and can actually jump higher than any other character (she's the only one to retain SF III's Double-Jumps). Like many Agent/Spy types, she's fairly pricey- with all those Skills, it comes with the territory.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.