Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Glinda! The MLF! Sailor Moon! Naru! Tuxedo Mask!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I always liked Tuxedo Mask. Something that's annoyed me for a long time is that he's never been playable in any Sailor Moon video games as far as I know, because of course they focus on the Sailors. Even the fighting games only feature the Sailors and no villains or other characters. Oh well, at least he's playable in MUGEN... Also, what's people's thoughts on the new dub using "Sailor Guardians" as the name of the group? I think it actually makes more sense.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You know how your eyes can fix misspelled words while you read to help make sense of things ?

That's twice I've see your subject thread with the heading of Glinda, the Mutant Liberaton Front... and read Glinda the MILF.
Jab, you have corrupted me beyond repair.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Youma

Post by Jabroniville »

YOUMA
Dub Name:
Monsters
Role: Villain of the Week, Summoned Mooks
PL 7 (69)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 5 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications (Early):
Responsibility (The Dark Kingdom)
Disabled (Mute)- Youma can often only shout out their own name. Others are quite chatty.
Vulnerable (Distractions)- Youma pretty much ONLY look at the last immediate thing to draw their attention. This makes them easily distracted, to the point of getting negatives to resist having their attention drawn.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 10 (69)

-Since the Sailor Moon anime was essentially taking a short manga arc and extending it to fit fifty-ish episodes, a lot of "filler" was needed. And that "filler" necessitated a lot of Monsters of the Week, in addition to extending the roles of Beryl's Generals. So guys like Jadeite, Nephrite and Zoisite would summon these hideous minions of theirs, give them a mission, and leave the Monsters to go up against the Sailors alone. Generally, every fight went the same way- the beast would startle our heroines, throw out a few attacks (that barely missed, or did some damage), have them on the razor's edge... and then something would happen to distract them. Tuxedo Mask's roses and speeches, or another Sailor's attack- the distraction would allow Sailor Moon to finish them off.

-The early episodes featured some pretty generic goons- just big ugly chicks with stretched-out faces and fangs, and simple dresses. Later on, they'd get a bit more creative- as Naoko Takeuchi's character designs were pretty set, I think the animators just went balls-out with some of these characters, as once you get over the hump of "Early Season Jitters", there's some great monsters here.

-The tricky thing with these guys is their exact Power Levels. My Sailor Builds are typically PL 8 for the first season, meaning the Monsters have to fight them at a similar level, keeping in mind that the Sailors outnumber the Monsters. However, the early Monsters only fight 1-3 Sailors at a time, and are thus reasonably lower in PL. The characters are also gaining in experience as time goes on in the season. Sailors are also pretty low-end Toughness-wise, and are heavily-vulnerable to Snares (a popular Monster tactic). Plus the Monsters are getting the usual "New Villain Stink" boost I give to any new character- they tend to do better in the first go-around (though, of course, this one shot is all they usually get. Adding to all of that is the fact that every time EVERY Sailor is present for a fight, they pretty quickly make mincemeat out of the Monster- too many attacks are thrown out at once, and a simple distraction tends to end them.

-So, with all that put in place, I figured PL 7 would do for the early Monsters, PL 8 as the cast starts getting rounded out, and some hit PL 9 by the first season's end. That's enough for a new character to present a challenge to a band of 1-3 PL 8s, but get overwhelmed if they all band together.

Early Monsters:
EPISODE 1- PL 7 (100): Mind Control 6, Elongation 2, Morph (Human Form) [31]
-A classic early design, it's just an ugly old broad in a dress.
EPISODE 2- PL 7 (94): Mind Control 6 (Flaws: Source- Fortune Cards), "Animated Hair" Extra Limbs 6, Elongation 2 (Limited to Hair), Morph (Human Form) [25]
EPISODE 3- PL 7 (101): FIGHTING 9, Flight 5, Claws +2, "Breath Weapon" Blast 7 (Accurate 3) [32]
-The first enemy to lose to Sailor Moon solo, as the Tiara misses, but she develops a new power and Redirects it, slicing the monster in half.
EPISODE 4- PL 6 (65): FIGHTING 8, No Leaping [-5]
-The only time we see three mind-controlled guys as Monsters of the Week. They're just a trio of gym rats with mind control headbands on, and Sailor Moon actually uses her enhanced Strength to KICK SOME ASS, then breaks their headbands with her Tiara. Obviously, losing so badly means they're pretty low-end.
EPISODE 5- PL 8 (82): ST 5, "Tail" Extra Limb + Reach 3, Morph (Human Form) [13]
-A super-chesty Lizard Monster.

EPISODE 6- PL 8 (101): Fingernails +2, Flight 5 (Winged), Ultrasonic Blast 8 (Accurate 3), "Bat Swarm" Affliction 7 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Area- 30ft. Burst), Morph (Human Form) [32]
EPISODE 7- PL 7 (105): "Suffocating Snare" Affliction 7 (Fort; Hindered, Vulnerable & Dazed/Defenseless, Prone & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Ranged, Progressive +2) (Accurate 3), Morph (Human Form) [36]
EPISODE 8- PL 7 (92): Axe Hand +2, Paper Blasts 7 (Accurate 3), Morph (Human Form) [23]
EPISODE 9- PL 7 (112): Dimensional Travel 1 (Clock-World) (Portal +2), Equipment (Scythe +2), "Paralyzing Blast" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Ranged) (Accurate 3) Linked to Blast 7 (Accurate 3), Morph (Human Form) [43]
-Note: The Clock-World speeds up and slows down time, altering the girls' accuracy and defenses. It appears pretty random.
EPISODE 10- PL 7 (75): Claws +1, Morph (Human Form) [6]
-Note: this monster never gets an attack off- the debuting Sailor Mars simply immolates her right off the bat.
EPISODE 11- PL 8 (107): Illusion (All Senses) 8, "Energy Draining Apples" Affliction 8 (Triggered- Being Touched) (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), Morph (Human Form) [38]

Nephrite's Monsters:
* Note: These ones are summoned from the energy used from individual humans (said to be at the peak of their potential energy), and are based around the target's position. Nephrite's villains, meant to go up against a trio of characters, tend to be a little more elite.

EPISODE 14- PL 8 (115): "Turns Sailor Moon Into A Tennis Ball" Snare 8 (Accurate 4) Linked to Move Object 3 (Damaging), Fireball Blast 6 (Multiattack) [46]
-Spawned from Naru's childhood friend, a tennis star in the making.
EPISODE 15- PL 8 (129): Mind Control 7 (Touch Range, Burst Area- 120ft. +3, Limited to Animals), Vine Snares 7 (Accurate 4) [60]
-Spawned from an environmentalist trying to save the forest. He turns into a Plant Monster.
EPISODE 16- PL 8 (94): "Spider-Crawling" Extra Limbs 6, Web Snare 7 (Accurate 4), "Sleep" (Affliction 7- Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Area- Visual Perception) [25]
-Spawned from their Home Ec. teacher, a near-spinster lass working on her wedding dress.
EPISODE 17- PL 10 (109): "Trapping in the Camera" Affliction 10 (Fort; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Prone/Transformed to Photograph) (Extra Condition, Perception Ranged +2) [40]
-The most dangerous monster yet, spawned from a child photographer who gets everyone obsessed with modelling. The monster traps dozens of people inside of photographs using a creepy Camera that projects from an eye in the middle of her hand. She's only beaten when Sailor Moon figures out the "Mirror Trick" against characters like this, and soon she starts friggin' MELTING, and her eye-hand explodes!
EPISODE 18- PL 8 (124): Summons Evil Nightmare Fuel Dolls 4 (Horde, 8 Minions +6, Source- Dolls), STRENGTH +2, Arm Blast 6 (Accurate 4), "Separates Hands" Elongation 4 (Limited to Hands), Features: Regrows Limbs [55]
-Spawned from Shingo's young friend Mika, this one brings dolls to life. Evil, sharp-toothed, flying porcelain dolls. I'll never watch this episode again.

EPISODE 19- PL 8 (69): "Lion-Based Stuff"
-Leo doesn't actually get involved much in the plot, and we don't see him again. Other stuff is going on.
EPISODE 20- PL 8 (132): Flight 5, Insubstantial 4, "Psychokinesis" Move Object 8 (Perception Ranged, Affects Corporeal), "Wind" Move Object 8 (Cone Area, Limited to Away, Affects Corporeal) [63]
-A ghost-like spectre, unrelated to the major plot of the series.
EPISODE 21- PL 8 (88): Long Tails +2 (Reach 3), Fire Soul (Cone Damage 8), Bubble Spray 1 (Concealment Visuals- Selective, Burst Area +3) [19]
-Castor & Pollux are said to be Nephrite's "best", but after mimicking the girls' attacks, start fighting over which one is better, and are easily killed.
EPISODE 22- PL 9 (112): Mind Control 8, "Cone of Sleep" (Affliction 9- Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated; Cone Area), Flight 5 [43]

Zoisite's Minions:
* Similar to Nephrite's, in a way.

Fanart by Dark Elfa.

EPISODE 24- PL 8 (79): Flight 5 [10]
Monster 1- PL 8 (103): Exploding Balls (Blast 8, Burst) [24]
Monster 2- PL 8 (119): "Mist/Vertigo" Affliction 8 (Dazed & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Stunned) (Selective, Burst +3) [40]
Monster 3- PL 8 (119): "Tree Arm" Blast 8 (Accurate 4) Linked to Affliction 8 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Ranged, Accurate 4) [40]
-The infamous trio that kills Nephrite at Zoisite's behest- he's easily able to beat them solo, but distracted and protecting Naru, he's goddamn IMPALED on the one's Tree Arm, and is left horribly vulnerable later on.

EPISODE 32- PL 9 (128): STRENGTH +2, FIGHTING +1, "Snare Balls" Snare 8 (Dazed, Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone, Defenseless & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Accurate 5, Progressive +2, Extra Condition, Multiattack) [59]
-A Sentai-like guy with one of the show's more devastating attacks.

The Seven Shadows:
* Said to be the greatest warriors of the Dark Kingdom, they were resurrected inside the bodies of seven Earthlings, and are unleashed by Zoisite's Dark Crystal. Note that this is when the villains first start having to deal with Sailor Jupiter, in addition to the original three (and Tuxedo Mask).

EPISODE 25- PL 8 (95): "Variable Weapons" Damage +2 (Reach 4), Snare 7 (Accurate 4) [26]
-Game Machine Man, who uses '80s-style video game weaponry. His Carrier was "Joe the Crane Game Troll", a douchebag who hordes stuffed toys and refuses Mako's advances because "giant girls like her aren't my type!". Moon & Jupiter handle him solo.
EPISODE 26- PL 9 (98): "Lovely Punch!" Blast 8 (Accurate 5, Multiattack) [29]
-One of the most ridiculous monsters of Season One, he's an angel wearing boxing gloves & trunks, and runs around shouting "Lovely Punch!" over and over again. His Carrier was a pastor who kindly helps out Naru, who is still mourning the death of Nephrite.

EPISODE 27- PL 9 (101): "Huge Size" Features 2: Mass & Reach, STRENGTH 7, "Swiss Army Knife Arms" Blast 8 (Accurate 5), Initimidation +4 [32]
-Bunboo is created from Ryo Urawa, a brilliant young man who has a crush on Ami, and warns her (with his gift of prophecy) that he'll try to kill her.

EPISODE 28- PL 9 (112): Flight 5 (Winged), "Drawn Objects" Blast 8 (Accurate 5, Indirect- From Above), Summoned Snakes 4 (2 Minions +2) [43]
-Created from a painter who was hiding her plain appearance to sell her paintings, this monster "draws" objects into creation via feathers that shoot off of her wings.

EPISODE 29- PL 9 (99): Exploding Flasks- Blast 8 (Accurate 5), "Deflection Flask" Deflect 10 (Redirect, Accurate 4), "Spore-Summoning Flasks" Snare 8 (Accurate 4) [30]
-Created from Reika, Motoki's fiancee.
EPISODE 30- PL 8 (89): STRENGTH +2, Speed 1, Breath Weapon- Damage 8 (Line) & 8 (Cone) [20]
-A bug-eyed Oni monster, created from Rei's grandfather.

EPISODE 31- PL 9 (81): Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing), STRENGTH +2, Claws & Teeth +2, Speed 3, Leaping 2, Athletics +4 [12]
-A terrifying-looking cat monster spawned from a big, fat housecat, he is nonetheless the only Shadow to retain control, as his "kitty love" for Luna overpowers his evil nature.

Later Minions:
* By this point, Kunzite and Endymion take over as Generals, and keep up the schtick of using monsters transformed from normal humans, and Sailor Moon has to "Refresh!" them using a different attack.

EPISODE 36- PL 9 (97): Blade +2, "Machine Gun That Shoots Scissors 8 (Multiattack), "Giant Electric Razor" Damage +2 (Multiattack 8), "Power Blowdriver" Move Object 8 (Away, Cone Area) [28]

EPISODE 37- PL 9 (144): "Statue Forms" Affliction 10 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Prone, Defenseless & Stunned/Incapacitated & Transformed to Statues) (Ranged, Multiattack, Continuous +3, Accurate 4), Teleport 8, Expertise (High Class) 8 (+8), PRESENCE +3 [75]
-A high-class woman who causes women to turn into statues.

EPISODE 38- PL 9 (116): "Snow Control" Move Object 8 (Snow Only, Perception Ranged), Snare 8 (Accurate 4), Ice Spear (Blast 8, Accurate 4), Flight 5, Immunity 1 (Cold), Cold Environmental Adaptation [47]
EPISODE 39- PL 9 (87): FIGHTING +2, Arm Blades +2, Acrobatics 8 (+13), AGILITY +1, PRESENCE +3 [18]
-Note: A duo of figure-skaters.

EPISODE 40- PL 9 (130): Flight 5, Speed 2, STRENGTH +2, Claws +2, "Mermaid's Tail" Reach 2, Immortality 20, Immunity (Aging) [61]
-Note: Unrelated to the main plot, this is an ageless monster inhabiting an Onsen.
EPISODE 42- PL 9 (102): Butterfly Snare 8 (Accurate 4), Scythe-Claws +3, Butterfly Shield- Defenses +2 [33]
EPISODE 43- PL 9 (85): FIGHTING +1, Equipment 4 (Scimitar +3, Shuriken Blast 4, Choking Fabric- Affliction 5- Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), Ranged Attack 10 [16]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm I always liked Tuxedo Mask. Something that's annoyed me for a long time is that he's never been playable in any Sailor Moon video games as far as I know, because of course they focus on the Sailors. Even the fighting games only feature the Sailors and no villains or other characters. Oh well, at least he's playable in MUGEN... Also, what's people's thoughts on the new dub using "Sailor Guardians" as the name of the group? I think it actually makes more sense.
Sailor Guardians is a pretty good version of Sailor Senshi- I just call them "Sailors" now, because Sailor Warrior, Sailor Guardian, etc. almost seems redundant, and kind of awkward in English.

The Original Dub's "Sailor Scout" is rather notorious, though. It doesn't really make any kind of sense, though at least sounds a little catchier.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bladewind wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:52 pm You know how your eyes can fix misspelled words while you read to help make sense of things ?

That's twice I've see your subject thread with the heading of Glinda, the Mutant Liberaton Front... and read Glinda the MILF.
Jab, you have corrupted me beyond repair.
EXCELLENT!!!

Glinda the MILF would be a great sequel to Wicked.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Man, I was expecting a Youma Template, but I didn't expect ALL the monsters to be listed! Nice work! Are you going to do the same for the Cardians and whatever the ones from R are called, or just leave it at the first season's monsters?
Davies

Post by Davies »

The problem with building Mamoru as a role-playing game character is that most of his victories in later seasons are social ones -- cheering up Chibi-Usa with a Tuxedo Mask puppet, facing down Uranus, Neptune and Pluto with complete sang froid, persuading Helios that the latter can and should keep fighting. It's all impressive and heart-warming stuff to watch, but not exactly the stuff of action-filled role playing.

Excellent work with the youma; I take it that Thetis and a Certain Group are going to get separate write-ups?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:44 pm Man, I was expecting a Youma Template, but I didn't expect ALL the monsters to be listed! Nice work! Are you going to do the same for the Cardians and whatever the ones from R are called, or just leave it at the first season's monsters?
Yup- both the Cardians and the Droids will be statted up.

Did you read my Sailor Moon reviews on the other subsection of the forum? I listed all the Monsters' powers in every episode, for the sole purpose of being able to properly do something like this :).

The only trouble is, I can't remember which Monsters could Drain Energy directly, as I never wrote that down. I was pretty thorough otherwise, though, so I'm thinking they couldn't. I know the Generals could.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:31 pm The problem with building Mamoru as a role-playing game character is that most of his victories in later seasons are social ones -- cheering up Chibi-Usa with a Tuxedo Mask puppet, facing down Uranus, Neptune and Pluto with complete sang froid, persuading Helios that the latter can and should keep fighting. It's all impressive and heart-warming stuff to watch, but not exactly the stuff of action-filled role playing.

Excellent work with the youma; I take it that Thetis and a Certain Group are going to get separate write-ups?
Yup- I wanted Thetys/Thetis/name I always misspell to be a separate build. The Generals of course will all be separate, too :).

And agreed about Mamoru- his fights tend to be pretty short-lived, and he mostly serves as a distraction. This makes it all the weirder when you actually see him throw down, and you're like "!!!! Tuxedo Mask is a BAD-ASS!!!" The dude easily squares off against Rubeus, countering Multiattack with his own Multiattack! He engages in a swordfight (well, Cane/Banana Sword Fight) with one of the Droids. His rose is what kills Queen Beryl and necessitates the Super Beryl form. And as Prince Endymion, he was every bit as dangerous as Nephrite (watch him effortlessly deal with Sailor Jupiter in hand-to-hand- something Zoisite couldn't manage), and probably only took a backseat to Kunzite. Even his brawls with Zoisite were pretty square, with Zoisite only winning due to trickery most of the time.
Jabroniville

Thetys

Post by Jabroniville »

THETYS
Dub Name:
Tidus
Role: Elite Henchwoman
Main Uniform Colour: Blue & White
Hair Colour: Blue
PL 9 (168)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 3 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Startle

Powers:
"Dark Kingdom Powers"
"Run-Down Ship to Romantic Cruise-Liner" Illusion (Visuals) 8 (Extras: Area 3) (40) -- [36]
  • AE: Water Blast 8 (16)
  • AE: "Extendable Limbs" Elongation 2 (2)
  • AE: "Water Control" Move Object 8 (Extras: Perception-Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Water) (16)
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
"Summon Water-Men" Summon 4 (Extras: 8 Minions +6, Heroic +2) [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Blast +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications (Early):
Motivation (Gather Energy for the Dark Kingdom)
Responsibility (Queen Beryl's Personal Attendant)- It's not clear just what this job entails, as they do not interact.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 79 / Defenses: 10 (168)

-Thetys was an interesting character in the show, despite only having one appearance. She was Queen Beryl's "Personal Attendant", and was assigned to the Earth mission as Jadeite's partner once he'd failed too many times. This makes her far apart from the usual one-off "Monsters" that Jadeite had been using as disposable minions- this was a real character, with a PERSONALITY and everything. Her plan was to drain the energy of lovers on a Romantic Cruise, with herself as First Mate to Jadeite's Captain.

-Humorously, Thetys appeared to SERIOUSLY want to jump Jadeite's bones, but he responded to her advances with extreme annoyance and an obsession with the mission. Naturally, the Sailors appear on the Cruise, just because it's a big deal (Rei is eager to snap up all the men who get dumped during the course of the Cruise; when that fails, she instead decides to clear the entire buffet- Rei is awesome). Thetys reveals the best villain design in the series to this point, and then summons Water Monsters (Rei CUTS ONE IN HALF with a folding chair). We get some pretty good 1994-era Fight Animation (I actually still remember the clip where Sailor Moon stumbles into landing on her feet, while Thetys's legs appear in the foreground, framing Moon's body- it was really slick directing), Thetys nearly finishes Sailor Moon by wrecking half the ship with water attacks, and the girls finally form a triple-attack to finish her- the Sailors are really stepping up their fighting skills. Jadeite is ready for a brawl, but he's Teleported away by a pissed-off Beryl, enraged over the death of Thetys. He's on borrowed time now...

-Thetys is a dangerous threat, easily the worst the Sailors had encountered up until that point. With varied powers, Minion Summoning (they Regenerate from damage, even though Sailor Mars slices one in half with a chair) and Blast stuff, she's a PL 9 threat against PL 8 characters, and only the girls's first Power Combination (a Flaming, Bubble-Covered Tiara) wins the day, killing her.

WATER MEN
PL 4 (46)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE --

Skills:
None

Advantages: 
Fast Grab

Powers:
"Water Men"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 3 [3]
Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Flaws: Limited to While Within Water) [2]
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [7]
Shapeshift 1 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude --, Will --

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 00--0 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 3 (46)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Elphaba! Fiyero! Glinda! SHIELD! The MLF!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

drkrash wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:00 pm
I would like to go on record that the KLF's album is pretty interesting (and most of it doesn't sound like that song). The band themselves are pretty odd performance artists.
I feel like my job is done here. I got someone else to admit they liked KLF.

I liked, them, too. I...was just trying to be cool. :oops:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Elphaba! Fiyero! Glinda! SHIELD! The MLF!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

scc wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 pm Someone needs to stat up that team. I figured that came from a Deadpool comic not a Taskmaster comic. Interesting.
They weren't really much of a team as much a random collection of mooks from HYDRA, AIM, etc. so Jab has them pretty much covered.

However, I do have their leader, the uber-henchman leader, Redshirt, statted up at the ATT. I will most likely rework him shortly.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:42 pm SAILOR MOON:

Bold statement: Nobody has ever loved anything as teenaged Jab loved Sailor Moon.
I was going to say what Teenaged Thorpocalypse loved more than anything, but this is a family board. ;)

I never got into Sailor Moon, but I never loathed it like I did DBZ. As I've stated before, my daughter and godson LOVED both and alwats tried to get me into them and I just couldn't do it. After Full Metal Alchemist became my gateway anime thanks to Kreuzritter, I now respect the genre and have enjoyed several series. I could see me giving Sailor Moon another try now, since I have a new appreciation for Magical Girl shows. Especially after I watched part of Puella Magi Madoka Magika and the way the series affected my son. I'm afraid to finish it (even though I know the ending as I missed a spoiler warning on a synopsis video) because he was literally depressed for days after that one.
Jabroniville

Jadeite

Post by Jabroniville »

JADEITE
Dub Name:
Jadeite
Role: The Crappy Villain, The Sexist Pig
Main Uniform Colour: Gray
Hair Colour: Blonde
PL 9 (163)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 8 (+10)
Expertise (Magical Lore) 6 (+9)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Investigation 5 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Energy-Draining Devices), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Ritualist, Taunt

Powers:
"Dark Kingdom Powers"
Illusion (Visuals & Audio) 6 (Extras: Area 2) (30) -- [36]
  • AE: Move Object 8 (Feats: Increased Mass- 25 tons) (18)
  • AE: Teleport 12 (24)
  • AE: Blast 8 (16)
  • AE: Deflect 9 (9)
  • AE: Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel- Dark Kingdom) (2)
  • AE: "Drain Energy" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Sustained +2, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting) (24)
Morph (Humanoids) 3 [15]
Flight 4 (30 mph) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Blast +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications (Early):
Motivation (Gather Energy for the Dark Kingdom)
Responsibility (Fears Queen Beryl Greatly)- Jadeite is rightly terrified of the domineering, violent, failure-punishing Beryl.
Hatred (Dislikes Women)- Jadeite appears to be annoyed by the advances of Thetys, and he mocks the Sailors' gender later on.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 59 / Defenses: 15 (163)

The Generals:
-Jadeite was the first of the Four Heavenly Kings of the Dark Kingdom- the Shitennou (part of Japanese mythology is that "4" is a deadly number, rhyming with "Death" in their language- so big groups of villains tend to show up in fours- like in Street Fighter II's Shadowloo bosses, etc.), one of my favourite groups of "Generals" in fiction. Lots of big bad villains in cartoons had henchmen, but Sailor Moon was one of the first times I saw Generals show up in dramatic relationships with each other. Most 'toons left them as buffoons, but most of these guys were lethally intelligent. A few were in love, some hated each other and were rivals trying to bump each other off, some were good deep-down, and others were rotten. It was a great thing this show had going for it, and I hold to this day that the first seasons had BY FAR the best group of villains going for it. It seems the fandom feels the same way, as every "re-do" of the series (musicals, video games, live-action series, what have you) seems to feature EXCLUSIVELY the Dark Kingdom and its Generals.

-The Generals even get bigger parts with each successive version! Jadeite & Nephrite especially were crappy, one-note villains in the manga, and both were offed EASILY by Sailor Senshi after only a couple appearances. By the time the live-action series rolled around, the Shitennou were basically recurring for the whole series as MAJOR characters.

Jadeite- The Wussy General:
-While most of the Dark Kingdom (renamed "The Negaverse" in the Original Dub, and being portrayed as an alternate, evil universe) was awesome, Jadeite ("Jed-ite" in the Original, "Jade-ite" in the new one) kind of sucked. He was the first General we saw, and was kind of a loser putz. He whined and toadied to Queen Beryl (he was authentically afraid of her... for good reason, but still, what a wiener), he looked down upon girls (such as the Sailors), and all his schemes were basically to gather people to something popular, and then suck all their energy out (the whole first two seasons were about stealing energy for whatever reason... likely to give the heroes something obvious to fight- later seasons got even more redundant, as no less than THREE different things in three different seasons were Macguffins hidden in people's bodies that the villains would hunt down). Unlike most other SM villains, Jadeite took energy from whole GROUPS of people- this made most of his stories rather limited, and so the writers switched to a single-person target each episode, so as to make for more interesting character studies.

-Despite being powerful enough to easily beat Sailor Moon early on, he arrogantly decided to let her live and taunted her after Tuxedo Mask interfered. This backfired when she added allies and grew strong enough to defeat him later on. Eventually, Jadeite failed Queen Beryl one to many times, and his punishment was the Eternal Sleep- a never-ending torment that presumably was still ongoing once the Dark Kingdom was finished, though fanfics often showed him being freed from this eventually.

Jadeite's Stats:
-Jadeite was much more powerful than the Senshi (especially since there was only three of them, and Sailor Moon herself had only been at it for 13 episodes by their final battle), with a variety of powers at his disposal (he actually showed more unique powers than any villain before or since, since he fought on his own so much). He had an illusion so powerful that he covered the entire Tokyo skyline with fake fire, so his Illusion power is pretty good, with an impressive range (he can boost it with Ritualist or something, since he rarely did it in-battle). He can Blast away, or Deflect objects (he harmlessly tossed away Sailor Moon's Tiara). In the final battle with the three Sailors, Jadeite actually got AIRPLANES to chase them down, but this is less Telekinesis (he wasn't even consciously moving them)- it's just a Ritual put on beforehand- that power feat would be the equivalent of Move Object 12-13 or something, and is way beyond the capabilities of later, MUCH more powerful villains, so it's not something he can do often. The Nega-people get a lot of mileage out of that Advantage, since alot of their more epic displays of power involve them sitting in their base, doing stuff with great effort rather than having it be on the battlefield. He's a PL 9 fighter, which is more than the PL 7-8 (at the time) Senshi were- but he's probably the weakest out of almost all the Senshi's opponents.

-Though fairly decent, Jadeite has a piss-poor Will Save for what's supposed to be a big-time bad guy, and I don't think he's ever seen draining energy himself- it's always drained by his equipment.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:46 am I was going to say what Teenaged Thorpocalypse loved more than anything, but this is a family board. ;)
I admire your common sense, then. I'd hate for you to degrade my utterly-clean, family-friendly, never-a-perverted-word-spoken thread with such filth :).
I never got into Sailor Moon, but I never loathed it like I did DBZ. As I've stated before, my daughter and godson LOVED both and alwats tried to get me into them and I just couldn't do it. After Full Metal Alchemist became my gateway anime thanks to Kreuzritter, I now respect the genre and have enjoyed several series. I could see me giving Sailor Moon another try now, since I have a new appreciation for Magical Girl shows. Especially after I watched part of Puella Magi Madoka Magika and the way the series affected my son. I'm afraid to finish it (even though I know the ending as I missed a spoiler warning on a synopsis video) because he was literally depressed for days after that one.
Oh yeah? Do those ones hammer people with unhappy endings? I've heard how Bishoujo/Pretty Girl shows often end with the characters dying.