New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:39 am Stage Presence is unnecessary, you just need to get the Talented feat for both Sing and Guitar.
I'm afraid I'm completely unfamiliar with that feat, where is it from?
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Mastermind's Manual. 1 purchase will give +2 to 2 skills. Imago has it for Bluff and Sense Motive.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Took me a minute to remember the only books I don't own for 2nd edition are the Annuals and the Wildcards books.

Yeah, talented would probably work if it allows you to break the skill cap for that PL. Otherwise Lex has already hit his max for that skill, hence why I was going for the Cha bonus.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 am Took me a minute to remember the only books I don't own for 2nd edition are the Annuals and the Wildcards books.

Yeah, talented would probably work if it allows you to break the skill cap for that PL. Otherwise Lex has already hit his max for that skill, hence why I was going for the Cha bonus.
From what I've seen with builds, Michuru plays loose with skill caps anyway.
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:36 am
Stage Presence - Charisma 2 (For a +1 skill bonus) limited: Perform skills only

Composition Savant - Use Perform Guitar/Sing ranks for Craft Artistic/Expressive(if you prefer the Mecha and Manga version of the skill) so Lex can actually write music (would give him a total rank of +13)

Skill Mastery - Perform Guitar, Perform Sing (Still trying to figure out the last two... Computers and Craft Electronic?)

Long and short of it, Lex would be able to regularly get a 25 on his performance skills which is... pretty damn impressive.
Seeing as how I wonder whether any of that would be used for anything substantive, I doubt any of it could be a problem. I most question the utility of the Skill Mastery since I don't know what circumstances might not allow taking 10 on Perform without the feat.

I agree with EO that I would allow Perform ranks for composing music without the need for a feat.

I like Stage Presence for Lex if you want to increase his Perform because straight Charisma just doesn't seem like his thing.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Shock wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:13 am I most question the utility of the Skill Mastery since I don't know what circumstances might not allow taking 10 on Perform without the feat.
I don't know, I'm not afraid of speaking in front of crowds, but I would imagine trying to perform in front of crowd of a thousand screaming people would wind up being a situation you can't take ten on ;~)

Shock wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:13 am I like Stage Presence for Lex if you want to increase his Perform because straight Charisma just doesn't seem like his thing.
*laughs*
Well, considering that Jason, Viktor and Emily all had a higher Charisma stat and all of them seem just as bad as Lex (if not worse?)...

Mostly I just thought it would be fun because I've seen a few musicians who off stage barely seem to be able to function as human beings (some having a hard time speaking), but as soon as their on the stage they're a different person entirely, able to drive a crowd into a frenzy.

Also I expected a lot of push back if I tried to bring Lex's charisma up ;~)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I think the stage presence idea for Lex really fits him great, though I can't comment on the mechanics (as I am woefully out of practice with 2e rules).

I am still debating on how to use the 3 xp for Jack; I'm thinking maybe All-out attack since I'm wanting ti play up his being a bit reckless as a fighter now & maybe fine tuning his vision power as he 's been using it more & more.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:53 pm I think the stage presence idea for Lex really fits him great, though I can't comment on the mechanics (as I am woefully out of practice with 2e rules).
I'm working it like Super Strength.

Super Strength breaks down to STR 2 Limited: Only lifting/carrying.

Normally it might cost more, but since it doesn't offer much in the way of combat or social advantages it's pretty cheap to buy.

I was going with the same premise, one rank buys two ranks of Charisma but limited only to Perform skills.
If bluff/diplomacy were somehow affected I'd say it'd need to be full price, but since perform has no real impact on combat or social encounters I don't think it'd be a concern.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Rogues
  • Al-Akhwan: Led by Jihad, a duplicating terrorist and religious zealot, Al-Akhwan is a network of likeminded individuals. Among their ranks are several Primes—children who possess Jihad’s abilities as well as those of past Vindicators.
  • Albanian Mafia: Hailing from Albania, but based in Vienna, the core of this group’s nefarious dealings appears to be human trafficking. They tend to target young, pretty girls.
  • Armada: While the Elpis was locked temporally, several members of the group are known to have escaped during the battle.
  • The Artful Dodger: A foe of Paladin’s, the Artful Dodger is a broker who deals in anything and everything. As infamous as he is respected in the criminal underworld, he encountered the New Vindicators after
  • Avalon Academy: An enigmatic school for superpowered teenage girls, the headmaster is the telepathic aunt of Parabola and is possibly uses her powers to compels young ladies to enroll before altering their families’ memories to make them forget her charges ever existed.
  • Cavalier: Paladin’s partner prior to Percy, he proved problematic and prone to passionate punishments.
  • Cormag McKinnon: Not much is known about Cormag McKinnon, other than that he took part in the Artful Dodger’s auction of Xian Tian. His name was given to Fluxx and Agent Dewhurst from Yifan Zhang.
  • Crux: Garbed in overalls, armbands, and Amy Bedford Halloween masks, this group is nothing more than a band of humans who strive to abduct Neo-Sapiens and sterilize them, preferring to play the long game in eradicating their race.
    Democratic People’s Republic of Korea: Recognizing the potential behind them, North Korea has invested in a superhuman breeding program. They select individuals with desirable powers and breed them with others, resulting in more powerful children. They approached Magnitude in the hopes of adding his abilities to the next generation, but were ultimately turned down.
  • Domingo: Domingo was first mentioned by Robor; the Irishman warned the Blue Knight that “Domingo will be coming for your tithe, boyo…” Domingo himself showed up at Radu’s farm when Candyman, Greystone, and Tantivy executed their raid. He took their side and identified the youngest of Radu’s charges (Simon) as his brother. The subject of collecting tithes again rose up, but ultimately he said that Simon was “too small” and left him in the care of the NVAE.
  • Faustian Society: Led by the abjurer Chuck Faust, this consortium of mages is devoted to attaining immortality.
  • Geert Van Rijn: A Dutch politician and outspoken opponent of superpowered beings.
  • Haboob: Hailing from Sudan, Haboob is a sharpshooter with a Neo-Sapien ability to conjure sandstorms. He is frequently seen working with Robor.
  • Laputa: Little remains of Laputa save for Tallemaja and Fraction, they manipulate people and groups in an effort to steer the world to a state they desire.
  • MI18: A branch of the British Secret Service focused on Neo-Sapiens, a usurper seized power in the organization and appears hellbent in sabotaging the reputation her predecessors built.
  • Milieu: The French mafia, they were the target of many of Durendal’s strikes. In their employ is an illusionist known as Reynard.
  • Robor: An Irish Neo-Sapien striving to become godlike, Robor has killed his daughters and abducted his son. Randy’s life is spared until Robor can locate his brother and receive his next power boost.
  • Siegfried: The immortal immortal-hunter, Siegfried was defeated by Laputa when Lacuna seeded him—he will lose control over his body if he takes another life.
    [*]Ugandan Unity Brigade: Largely composed of former citizens of Moksha, the UUB is a group of superpowered warlords in control of swathes of Uganda and neighboring territories.
  • The Vitesse Family: The brothers’ objective was once exposing Pandora for the hell it was. Now, in the wake of Stendhal’s death, they are driven solely to avenge his murder.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Rogues, pfah! Swine every last one.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:21 am Rogues, pfah! Swine every last one.
:lol:

Nice to have you back HH ;}
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:43 am

Agreed.

Though a couple of them could be problematic for Jack......
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Tattooedman wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:52 am

Agreed.

Dennis has his back. :)
Games
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:54 am
Tattooedman wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:52 am

Agreed.

Dennis has his back. :)
Considering one of those is a family of speedsters, that's a good thing. Jack will need all the back up he can get.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Nice to be back. I thought I should express Kas's sentiments right off. :D