Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

OMAC

Post by Jabroniville »

OMAC (Buddy Blank, aka One-Man Army Corps)
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: OMAC #1 (1974)
Role: Failed Hero
PL 9 (147)
STRENGTH
3/10 STAMINA 4/10 AGILITY 3/6
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7, +12 Boosts)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Police Officer) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Density Control"
"Low Density" Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Fighting 4, Athletics 4 (+11), Flight 6 (120 mph), AE: Speed 6 (30) -- [31]
  • AE: "High Density" Enhanced Strength 6, Enhanced Stamina 5, Power-Lifting 1 (23)
"Self-Repair" Regeneration 5 [5]
Energy Blast 8 [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
High Density +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Low Density +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3 (+6 Low Density)

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+11 Low Density, DC 18-21), Parry +8 (+12 Low Density, DC 18-22), Toughness +4 (+10 High Density), Fortitude +5 (+11 High Density), Will +7

Complications: 
Normal Identity (Buddy Blank)- An A.I. satellite named Brother Eye has to transform Buddy into OMAC via a radio beam into Buddy's receiver belt.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 10 (147)

-OMAC is a character I'd only heard of a few years ago, shortly after DC brought the concept back as a series of Killer Robots inspired by Batman's building of a Skynet-thing. He was created by Jack Kirby himself, rumored to be the result of contractual obligations to produce 15 pages a week, since Jack was nearly done with DC at the time. He's meant to be "Captain America set in the future"- an idea he'd bandied about for years but never realized. And he looks like a mohawked dill-hole, packing this weird combination of too little detail and too outlandish an appearance, all at once!

-Buddy Blank was turned into OMAC by an Artificial Intelligence satellite named "Brother Eye" via remote control (??), in order to set things right in his near-future Earth. He works for the Global Peace Agency, who try to fix things using pacifistic technology. The book was cancelled on its eighth issue, before the last storyline could be completed- pretty much Kirby's curse at DC. Despite what he means to comics TODAY, he seemed hopelessly out of date even in the 1970s, and was considered to be washed-up and a relic. The character was later revealed to be the grandfather of Kamandi (another Kirby creation), and features in a Jim Starlin back-up in that book... but it immediately got cancelled. He featured in another back-up (in The Warlord), then a Limited Series by John Byrne of all people in 1991. But the character remained quite obscure (by my reckoning, anyways- there weren't a lot of comic book characters with their own books that I was totally ignorant of by 2010).

-The character reappears in Countdown to Final Crisis, a disastrous crossover. It was a modern-day re-telling of his origin, with the MODERN Buddy being transformed into OMAC instead- more of an allusion to the original. But since that crossover failed, we never saw much of him- modern-day OMACs are treated like Cyborg Mooks- easily defeated in numbers, but slightly tougher in solo battle. Basically, B-League Sentinels.

-OMAC is a regular-ish guy who converts into either a super-strong fighter or a super-fast one, depending on which Density setting he's on. This means he's a PL 9 Mini-Powerhouse sometimes, or a PL 8-ish scrappier, faster fighter at other points. I've literally never read a comic featuring him, so his exact limits are completely unknown to me. He's shown in images tossing dudes around and walking through laser fire like it ain't no thing, so he seems pretty tough.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Captain Comet

Post by Jabroniville »

CAPTAIN COMET (Adam Blake)
Created By:
Julius Schwartz, John Broome & Carmine Infantino
First Appearance: Strange Adventures #9 (June 1951)
Role: Forgotten Space Hero
Group Affiliations: L.E.G.I.O.N., R.E.B.E.L.S., The Justice League, The Secret Society of Super-Villains
PL 10 (223)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Space Traveler) 6 (+14)
Expertise (History) 2 (+10)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 3 (+7)
Perception 10 (+14)
Technology 8 (+16)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2 (Raygun +5), Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown, Well-Informed

Powers:
Mind Control 7 (28) -- [32]
  • AE: Mind-Reading 10 (20)
  • AE: Move Object 8 Linked to Power-Lifting 2 (18)
  • AE: "Barriers of Force" Force Field 2 (Extras: Impervious 7) (9)
  • AE: Psionic Blast 8 (16)
Flight 10 (2,000 mph) [20]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Senses 2 (Radius Sight, Low-Light Vision) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Raygun +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Blast +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Mind-Reading -- (+10, DC 20)
Mind Control -- (+7 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8 (+10 Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +8

Complications:
Responsibility (Alone in the World)- Captain Comet was born "a hundred-thousand years before his time", and feels isolated from normal people. He is too smart and powerful to fit in with normal men.

Total: Abilities: 100 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 13 (223)

Captain Comet- Ancient Hero:
-Captain Comet is one of those "relic" characters- an icon of an earlier era, when his kind of stories were incredibly popular. While most of his contemporaries are gone, Comet exists in a mainstream comic book universe, and as such can still appear in canonical tales here and there. He occupies a unique point in history- one of the few "Superheroes" created between the two big eras- 1951 was after the Golden Age, but well before the Silver. He was born with his powers, making him one of comics' first Mutants, and was relatively untouched by the Crisis on Infinite Earths. He was "born a hundred thousand years before his time" to a farming couple in the Midwest, and became a prodigy with near-supernatural powers. He naturally became a superhero, but was also a Space Explorer, saving Space Damsels and the like- really popular stuff in the 1950s that seems rather quaint today- though you'll find modern versions in Guardians of the Galaxy-style books- the genre yet lives.

-He was based on (ie. "they probably filed the serial numbers off") obscure pulp character Captain Future, and lasted about three years- a longer run that many returning Golden Age superheroes got, but nothing impressive. Then, the character took a massive TWENTY YEAR BREAK, appearing in 1976, being brought back by Gerry "I Killed Gwen Stacy" Conway in his Secret Society of Super-Villains book, having been manipulated into joining the team by Gorilla Grodd. Surprisingly, the character became rather popular, winning second place in a poll for potential Justice League membership, and he nearly got his own book, but instead took a hiatus for most of the '80s.

Comet Returns:
-It wasn't until he joined the L.E.G.I.O.N. series in the '90s that he got a recurring gig once more (he lucked into the job- it was supposed to be Adam Strange, but he had a Limited Series coming out, so the similarly-themed Comet was put there instead). He was killed by Lady Quark, but recovered from a death-like state and taught the savage people of an alien world how to build a spaceship ("it took six months- they were slow learners")- in one of those ironically-funny moments that comics became quite good at once they embraced weirdness. His only big appearance in recent decades has been a run in the Rann/Thanagar War series, as he had dropped his L.E.G.I.O.N. membership while that book vanished from modern consciousness. He joined Adam Strange & Hawkman in defeating Onimar Synn, the monstrous guy who wants to rule Thanagar and its Nth Metal.

-Me, I mainly know the character for his appearance in Kingdom Come, the hard-assed, moralistic warden of The Gulag- the prison Superman's Justice League have built for the world's most savage superheroes. He engages in corporal punishment on baddies like Von Bach (a powerhouse who had killed opponents who'd already surrendered), but when a riot breaks out, he is the first hero to die.

Space Powers:
-Captain Comet was initially much less powerful, and was more a "Thinking Man's Hero" in the 1950s- by the '90s, he'd developed so far that he was a low-level Paragon- this makes him a very expensive, Jack-Of-All-Trades/Paragon kind of warrior- basically Silver Age Superman-Lite.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Redstone! Hyperion! Nth Man! OMAC! Captain Comet!)

Post by Jabroniville »

One last look at the Squadron Supreme:

The Avengers crossover issues are at least quite good. It features several ongoing subplots (Warbird's depowering/alcoholism; Wanda's changing powers, Wonder Man's pseudo-ressurection, Hawkeye's chafing under Cap's leadership), the Squadron reappearing like old times (ie. Mind Control), and more. Hawkeye nails Whizzer with the "Boomerang Trick", cracking wise about how he fell for the same thing against Cap years ago. George Perez's art is UNBELIEVABLE here, as he deftly draws out a battle between two huge super-teams, and not only does everything "read" properly, but it does so in massive splash pages- at one point, Iron Man deflects off of Power Princess's shield and goes into the water, forming a panel that's basically two long perpendicular strips at the top corner of a page. And IT WORKS! Never mind how he manages to make Hawkeye, Captain America & Hank Pym look different from each other, outside of costume.

The "Imus Champion" story is a great one-off- the cocky, monologuing villain, his victorious romp over the teams (Hawkeye & Haywire even get some characterization in their little pairing), and then the heroes winning because Firestar worked outside the box and called in Pym- it's terrific. GREAT Carlos Pacheco art, too- chubby fingers and all. Too bad nobody ever realized what a villain Champion could become.

The "Squadron Returns Home" story is a bit dull, if only because it's more of the Shaggy Dog "Everything Sucks For The Heroes" tale, and many of the characters (Skymax; Nighthawk II) are basically non-characters who've never really appeared before, and so there's little time to really make us care about them. The non-JLA Big Seven Squadroners are taken out of the fight (Arcanna's powers are in flux, so Mysterium recommends she stay behind; Lark & Shape are both injured), leading to an All-Current-JLA team. Mysterium comments on some more, previously unseen characters, which is probably writer Len Kaminski being cute- "The Erl King" is said to have ascended his "Elemental Throne, no longer a THING of the SWAMP". The Apparition is mentioned, making it clear he's The Spectre (his mortal form has moved on). Master Alternity seems to have Doctor Fate-ish things about him (Mysterium mentions "FATES" in bold text).

After watching The Whizzer struggle without having his family around (the narration makes it clear that YEARS have past, actually!), it's a bit of a let-down to see their reunion last all of one panel.

And that's all for them! A fun set of builds to look at once more- many of them, even down to the RANTS, were basically untouched since 2011, which is crazy given how much more wordy I've become (compare that to an upcoming Nekra build, which takes the "three-line paragraph" original and turns it into basically an entire page-long rant about a third-tier villainess). But for the Squadron, since all of their assembled adventures are easy to find, it's easy to kind of get the "final word" on them early.

That said, Hyperion had a lot of stuff added, as did Haywire. Professor Imam and the Nth Man were all-new, with the Nth Man in particular having a sudden build when I realized that he was an actual REGULAR CHARACTER and member of "The List"- I built him the night before I posted him. A few things have been edited in, like Remnant's origins as "Wild Card".
RUSCHE

Re: OMAC

Post by RUSCHE »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:46 pm ImageImage

OMAC (Buddy Blank, aka One-Man Army Corps)
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: OMAC #1 (1974)
Role: Failed Hero
PL 9 (147)
STRENGTH
3/10 STAMINA 4/10 AGILITY 3/6
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+7, +12 Boosts)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Police Officer) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Density Control"
"Low Density" Enhanced Agility 3, Enhanced Fighting 4, Athletics 4 (+11), Flight 6 (120 mph), AE: Speed 6 (30) -- [31]
  • AE: "High Density" Enhanced Strength 6, Enhanced Stamina 5, Power-Lifting 1 (23)
"Self-Repair" Regeneration 5 [5]
Energy Blast 8 [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
High Density +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Low Density +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3 (+6 Low Density)

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+11 Low Density, DC 18-21), Parry +8 (+12 Low Density, DC 18-22), Toughness +4 (+10 High Density), Fortitude +5 (+11 High Density), Will +7

Complications: 
Normal Identity (Buddy Blank)- An A.I. satellite named Brother Eye has to transform Buddy into OMAC via a radio beam into Buddy's receiver belt.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 10 (147)

-OMAC is a character I'd only heard of a few years ago, shortly after DC brought the concept back as a series of Killer Robots inspired by Batman's building of a Skynet-thing. He was created by Jack Kirby himself, rumored to be the result of contractual obligations to produce 15 pages a week, since Jack was nearly done with DC at the time. He's meant to be "Captain America set in the future"- an idea he'd bandied about for years but never realized. And he looks like a mohawked dill-hole, packing this weird combination of too little detail and too outlandish an appearance, all at once!

-Buddy Blank was turned into OMAC by an Artificial Intelligence satellite named "Brother Eye" via remote control (??), in order to set things right in his near-future Earth. He works for the Global Peace Agency, who try to fix things using pacifistic technology. The book was cancelled on its eighth issue, before the last storyline could be completed- pretty much Kirby's curse at DC. Despite what he means to comics TODAY, he seemed hopelessly out of date even in the 1970s, and was considered to be washed-up and a relic. The character was later revealed to be the grandfather of Kamandi (another Kirby creation), and features in a Jim Starlin back-up in that book... but it immediately got cancelled. He featured in another back-up (in The Warlord), then a Limited Series by John Byrne of all people in 1991. But the character remained quite obscure (by my reckoning, anyways- there weren't a lot of comic book characters with their own books that I was totally ignorant of by 2010).

-The character reappears in Countdown to Final Crisis, a disastrous crossover. It was a modern-day re-telling of his origin, with the MODERN Buddy being transformed into OMAC instead- more of an allusion to the original. But since that crossover failed, we never saw much of him- modern-day OMACs are treated like Cyborg Mooks- easily defeated in numbers, but slightly tougher in solo battle. Basically, B-League Sentinels.

-OMAC is a regular-ish guy who converts into either a super-strong fighter or a super-fast one, depending on which Density setting he's on. This means he's a PL 9 Mini-Powerhouse sometimes, or a PL 8-ish scrappier, faster fighter at other points. I've literally never read a comic featuring him, so his exact limits are completely unknown to me. He's shown in images tossing dudes around and walking through laser fire like it ain't no thing, so he seems pretty tough.
Perhaps to give you more of a scale on OMAC'S on look at Dc Comics presents 61 . It involves time travel, a super robot named Murdermek and George Perez's art . Will not give away to much but it was a fun read .
Ken

Post by Ken »

There's actually a ray gun in that holster on Captain Comet's side. He also has the ability to augment his lifting strength via telekinesis, so I'd add a "Power Lifting" slot to his array.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:50 am The Avengers crossover issues are at least quite good. It features several ongoing subplots (Warbird's depowering/alcoholism; Wanda's changing powers, Wonder Man's pseudo-ressurection, Hawkeye's chafing under Cap's leadership), the Squadron reappearing like old times (ie. Mind Control), and more. Hawkeye nails Whizzer with the "Boomerang Trick", cracking wise about how he fell for the same thing against Cap years ago. George Perez's art is UNBELIEVABLE here, as he deftly draws out a battle between two huge super-teams, and not only does everything "read" properly, but it does so in massive splash pages- at one point, Iron Man deflects off of Power Princess's shield and goes into the water, forming a panel that's basically two long perpendicular strips at the top corner of a page. And IT WORKS! Never mind how he manages to make Hawkeye, Captain America & Hank Pym look different from each other, outside of costume.
George Perez is a comic art god.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:47 pm George Perez is a comic art god.
Seconded. If I ever got to write a comic and had my pick of artist, it'd be George Perez as the #1 pick, Alan Davis for a close second, and Mark Bagley as a more distant 3rd.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:44 pm There's actually a ray gun in that holster on Captain Comet's side. He also has the ability to augment his lifting strength via telekinesis, so I'd add a "Power Lifting" slot to his array.
ah, OK- Wikipedia didn't mention that.
Jabroniville

WeaponLord

Post by Jabroniville »

WEAPONLORD:
-In video games, like many things, TIMING is everything. No matter how good your game is, or how spectacular the graphics are, you gotta release it at the right time. Hardware generations, industry trends, altering perceptions... these things are often even more important than game quality in determining whether or not a game becomes a success.

Case in point: Working your asses off with incredibly-detailed graphics, a complicated battle system, great character designs and a bloody mess of a backdrop... really doesn't matter much when you're releasing one of the last games of the 16-bit generation.

Seriously, WeaponLord came out literally as the Super NES and Sega Genesis were dying a slow death (October 1995, to be exact), directly the result of the hardware companies going whole-hog into the Next Generation systems. And so this Mortal Kombat-inspired game with swords, bloody fatalities, and character designs that look like H.R. Geiger teamed up with Frank Frazetta, pretty much came and went in a flash. I mean, with Toshinden and Street Fighter Alpha kicking around, this looked like a damn relic.

And it's a real shame- release this damn thing even one or two years earlier, and you'd have had a mega-smash hit. This game would be getting nostalgia greater than Eternal Champions got, and still be spoken of to this day. But instead... Namco released it right at the end of a hardware generation, and it got ignored. A few other 16-bit games still sold in this era, but Fighting Games in particular were growing up fast.

WeaponLord has the most generic plot ever- some evil DemonLord is around, and various people want to kill him and take his power. You play one of six characters, going through the other challengers- if you fail to kill any of them with one of numerous Fatalities, you actually have to face all the survivors in a Gauntlet Match! That's right- the game is actually MUCH HARDER if you don't know the Fatality Codes! And this is before GameFaqs & SmartPhones.

The graphics are very detailed, considering these are 16-bit games. The detail (largely through tattoos, hair, and muscles so corded that you gotta wonder how many used needles you're finding in these ancient realms) means that the graphics end up an bit "stiff" and fuzzy, as the SNES just wasn't gonna hold all that in (the Genesis version is much, much uglier).

The fighting system is considered to be pretty deep. It was one of the early games that introduced "Parries", which allowed you an attack that could stump an enemy's attack, leaving him open for retribution. Similarly, Deflecting Attacks do the same thing, but moreso, and done by a more powerful strike that overpowers theirs. You can also do "Guard Breaks", rendering the enemy's next attack ineffective. A "Stumbling Stun" is when you hit a hard strike to the enemy's back- hard to do, but it leaves him wide open! There are even "Weapon Breaks", which can shatter your opponent's weapon, rendering his range null!

The game was designed by James Goddard & Dave Winstead, both from Capcom (Goddard was actaully the creator of Dee Jay!). They were hired by Namco to work on a fighting game, and shifted it to focus on Goddard's fascination with Conan the Barbarian. The large size of the character sprites meant that they could only use seven characters in the game- a crazy-low number, even for the time. By this point, Street Fighter II had more than DOUBLE that- and as the defining game of the genre, had even started with twelve! However, characters were given an unusually large number of moves. The characters share fatalities, save for Zarak (the Final Boss), who had his own unique one- the game's pretty messy in general, with lots of heads being hacked off. Nothing as disturbing as Eternal Champions and its creepy Stage Fatalities and weird acid burns, though.

The game is considered very deep, but extremely difficult for newcomers- the Parry & Deflect-based fighting system takes time to master. The computer-controlled opponents were also notoriously tough. As sales disappointed, no sequel was released- one was announced and rumored, but Namco shifted gears. Goddard suspects that some of their work and ideas went into Soul Blade, which eventually became Soul Calibur.

The Characters:
Only featuring seven characters, they're a bit same-y in terms of M&M stats, being "Muscular Barbarian With Bladed Weapon & Special Moves That Are Basically Harder Swings". Their specials don't vary too much, though a few have Blasts, so we're not in Virtua Fighter territory here. For Power Levels, I went with PL 8.5- I was thinking of a bridge between PL 8 & 9, but I was uncomfortable giving them equal PLs to the good Street Fighter characters like Zangief & Cammy, given that the base damage of a WeaponLord is much higher (they're almost all carrying heavy weapons). But ultimately, if a Killer Instinct guy can be a full PL 9, then a WeaponLord guy can be half a PL below that, especially as their roster is much smaller and probably more elite as a result. Give WL a sequel, and you'd have full PL 9s.

-One of the tricky things is that weapons add a lot to base damage in M&M (and real life), but in Video Game terms, they don't really take much more off the Health Bar. A "Fierce Punch" equivalent with a Sword is only gonna do like 15% damage instead of just off the guy- the same amount of damage as in Street Fighter II. Just one of those things you gotta gloss over when doing Video Game builds, really.

Korr: Conan Knock-Off. Muscular barbarian. Big Sword.
Zorn: Muscular thief. Throwing axe & Shield.
Talazia: Muscular acrobatic chick. Throwing double-bladed boomerang-thing.
Jen-Tai: The reason I'm doing these builds. Sword & Shield.
Bane: Muscular & enormous guy with a sabre-toothed tiger headdress. Giant Warhammer.
Divada: Muscular Evil Mistress of Magic. Double-Bladed Staff.
Zarak: Muscular Evil Warlord. Huge, long-ass blade on a stick.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Hyperion! Nth Man! OMAC! Captain Comet! WeaponLord!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Ah, WeaponLord. I was definitely wondering how you'd handle the PLs for one-off fighting games with no sequels.PL 8-8.5s sound about right, with the really terrible games having PL 7 casts. But yeah, having played the game briefly, myself, it was incredibly difficult. There was even a primitive online play service created for one of the consoles that it could use. I always enjoy the Fighting Game builds.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I adore sword & sorcery fantasy. These builds ought to be fun.
Jabroniville

Korr

Post by Jabroniville »

KORR
Role:
Conan Knock-Off
PL 9 (104)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Expertise (Roided-Up Barbarian Ass-Kicker) 7 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Equipment 1 (Sword +3)

WeaponLord Fighting Style: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Benefit 1 (50% Chance +2 to Hit if Successfully Parried Last Turn), Defensive Attack (Parry), Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2, Weapon Break

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Multi-Slash" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Flaws: Requires Sword) (-2 to Defenses) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Flaming Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Features 2: Adds Weapon Damage to Special Moves, All Sword Attacks Have "Fire" Descriptor [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sword +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Special Moves +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Finding Himself)- Despite being a Conan-like ass-kicker, Korr is on a hippie-like mission to find himself.
Responsibility (Thoughts of His Brother)- Korr is tortured by thoughts of his brother, who was taken in a raid seven years ago. He thinks him dead, but if you kill Bane in Story Mode, a horrible revelation is brought out.
Weakness (Predictability)- Korr cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 1 + 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 13 (104)

-Korr is as close to "The Generic Guy" as you'll get in this game- basically a Conan the Barbarian-type character (6'3" 288 lbs.), he's on a spiritual quest and is the future leader of his village. Also he's got an insane amount of muscle mass, and is bald with a long ponytail. He differs from "Ryu" types is that he has no Fireball move, and is ridiculously strong instead of being averaged-out in stats- he's basically a unique sort of "Main Character". Not a lot of Ryus use the "+10/+7" accuracy/damage structure with their basic moves.
L-Space

Re: WeaponLord

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:31 pm
WEAPONLORD:

Jen-Tai: The reason I'm doing these builds. Sword & Shield.
Wait, why would you do these builds over one character... *googles name* Ah, that makes perfect sense for Jab. ;)
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jen-Tai? or Hentai?