Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Thunderball

Post by Jabroniville »

"And he STRIKES!... Like THUN... DER... BAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!"

THUNDERBALL (Dr. Eliot Franklin)
Created By:
Len Wein & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Defenders #17 (Dec. 1974)
Role: Elite Jobber Villain, Marvel Universe Punching Bag
Group Affiliations: The Wrecking Crew, The Masters of Evil
PL 9 (124)
STRENGTH
4/10 STAMINA 4/9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Sciences) 9 (+15)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Wrecking Ball) 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 9 (+15)

Advantages:
Diehard, Improved Critical (Wrecking Ball), Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Crowbar-Given Powers"
Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]

"Durability" Impervious Toughness 3 [3]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) [2]

"Mystically-Enchanted Wrecking Ball" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [11]
"Long Chain Reach" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 3) (Extras: Penetrating 10) (15) -- (18 points)
  • AE: "Thrown" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Ranged 11) (Feats: Homing) (12)
  • AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 8 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (4) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (10)
  • AE: Deflect 10 (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Wrecking Ball +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Wrecking Ball Toss +8 (+10 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Destruction)- Though less destructive at heart than his allies, Eliot loves to knock buildings over.He probably loves money more, though.
Motivation (Ego)- Eliot freaks out if not given proper due, and often things that he should be the leader of the Wrecking Crew, despite being notably less powerful than his boss, The Wrecker.
Rivalry (The Wrecker)- Eliot has attempted many times to steal the leadership and raw power of his boss. Dirk usually beats the hell out of him, but eventually invites him back into the group.
Reputation (Job Squad)- The Wrecking Crew, despite their power, have lost to virtually every hero in the Marvel Universe, so don't get a lot of respect.
Power Loss- The Wrecking Crew must touch The Wrecker's mystical Crowbar for it's magic to infuse them with powers. The Wrecker may take all this power for himself otherwise, leaving the rest de-powered. Thunderball's standard Abilities are then STR 3, STA 4.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 9 (124)

-It always struck me as a funny kind of Positive Discrimination that the one black guy on a team of big stupid thugs like The Wrecking Crew was a genius physicist. That's about the extent of his skillset in the comics, however, as rather than actually build stuff most of the time (with a few exceptions), he acts like a big, dumb Brick anyways. Ah well, at least he's named after a James Bond movie.

-Eilot Franklin was a brilliant Gamma Radiation expert who was fired after his boss stole his designs for a Gamma Bomb- jailed for trying to steal the bomb, he met up with the rest of the Crew in jail and forged a plot to take it using their increased power. Most of the time, he just goes along for the ride with the rest of his team, but various books make him the odd man out- actually smart and a bit clever, he frequently tries to take leadership of the Crew away from The Wrecker, leading to feuds between the two. Thunderball resents that his power is entirely dependent on his "boss", and has stolen the Crowbar before. The Wrecker, dumber but more powerful, usually pummels Franklin for this, but always invites him back- Back To Basics Syndrome at its finest, though explained away by "The Crew is the only family I have."
-He featured a bit in Damage Control, as he was joyous when the team returned his Enchanted Wrecking Ball to him- he later allowed the team to escape, making the rest of his team believe that one of the DC guys had super-powers. He split off from the Crew once or twice, joining the Secret Empire during one story, and The Hood's army in another. In Chuck Austen's Avengers run, he actually scored a win over CAPTAIN AMERICA of all people, and nearly killed him before Kelsey Leigh debuted as the new Captain Britain.

-Thunderball is a Weapon-User guy like The Wrecker, but a PL lower. He's the team genius, which is a bit cheaper in this edition (only "Science" and "Technology" need to be bought), and his weapon is quite elite, capable of Deflecting and Groundstriking in addition to just plain doing a hell of a lot of damage (+11 on a guy who loves to Power Attack, and it's Penetrating). He's a notch worse than the rest of the Crew in terms of fighting (since they ONLY fight and he fights AND thinks, it makes sense thematically. Plus, I don't think he deserves to be PL 10 :)).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Warrant (Leary)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 am
Spam wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm Image

...Iron Fist then one-shot-KO's the guy before he can fire his Giant Gun... Seriously, that's it.
It's a shame because I'd love to see what comes out of that gun. A loaf of bread? A bunny?
A 1/6th replica of the Mach 5.
Hah! Was that the shape of the chute or garage or whatever Speed used to eject from?
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Jen-Tai! Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Huh- Iron Fist (vs) The Wrecker. That's an interesting fight. I wonder which issue features this battle?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Piledriver

Post by Jabroniville »

PILEDRIVER (Brian Philip Calusky)
Created By:
Len Wein & Sal Buscema
Role: Elite Jobber Villain, Marvel Universe Punching Bag, Most Generic Costume Ever
PL 9 (106)
STRENGTH
4/10 STAMINA 4/9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+4)
Expertise (Farmhand) 5 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Debris) 4 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Powers:
"Crowbar-Given Powers"
Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]

"Strength Feats"
"Earthquake" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (12) -- [14]
  • AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (13)
  • AE: "Shockwave" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Targets) (9)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Groundstrike +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Shockwave +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Destruction)- Brian likes money, but he likes breaking things even more. He will rarely give up an opportunity to just plain "wreck" stuff.
Reputation (Job Squad)- The Wrecking Crew, despite their power, have lost to virtually every hero in the Marvel Universe, so don't get a lot of respect.
Power Loss- The Wrecking Crew must touch The Wrecker's mystical Crowbar for it's magic to infuse them with powers. The Wrecker may take all this power for himself otherwise, leaving the rest de-powered. Piledriver's standard Abilities are then STR 4, STA 4.
Relationship (Ricky- Son)- Piledriver's son joined the Crew for a short time as Excavator.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 41 / Defenses: 11 (106)

-Piledriver must have some kind of record for the most generic guy in comics history. Look at that costume! Standard head-mask (showing hair), two-tone... just everything about his look is vanilla! And he's just a common thief given super-strength- the most generic power in comics! I mean, the Crew are pretty jobbery, but Piledriver is just the plainest, most dull dude ever.

-Piledriver was a farmhand who found that life boring, and so he moved to the big city, where he engaged in petty crime for kicks. There, he met up with the future Wrecking Crew, becoming empowered. After that, he pretty much just followed the Crew around as a backgrounder- the biggest bunch of characterization he's ever had is from a Runaways issue where it turns out he's got a loser son named Ricky, who also gains some powers as part of the Crew. And in one of comics' most beautiful moments, Ricky reveals that he... *sob*... he keeps Jobbing in the family, getting dropped by lil' Molly Hayes!

-Piledriver is a notable example of something funny about M&M's 3rd Edition. Despite having roughly the same powers, he's WAY cheaper than he was in 2nd Edition, dropping over 30 points! This is mainly because of the Super-Strength power being sucked away and replaced with mostly-baseline Strength as a stat, so Big Dumb Bricks tend to be way cheaper in this edition. He's a standard joke of a PL 9 brawler, hitting hard, but with only +8 accuracy, he's not hitting the Dexmonkeys. He's the best grappler of his team, and is notably the only one without a Device making him better, but he's still weak enough that he got KO'd by HAWKEYE with a normal arrow (as Hawk warned him, arrows at close-range hit harder than BULLETS, but Piledriver decided to move forward anyways, and got one through the shoulder).
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Jen-Tai! Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew!)

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 am Image

Huh- Iron Fist (vs) The Wrecker. That's an interesting fight. I wonder which issue features this battle?
That was Iron Fist volume 1, issue 11, way back in 1977. Danny wound up taking on the whole Crew by himself and it was clear he was on the losing end of that fight. In a rare bit, they actually downplayed the power of the Iron Fist compared to the Crew: the Wrecker won that test of power. Danny needed Captain America and the Avengers "Danger Room" to defeat them next issue.

Later on they had a rematch in the 90s, and either a sign of how much Danny's stock had risen or how much the Crew's stock had fallen, Danny beat them all solo. And that was pre-Immortal Iron Fist Danny to boot.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Re: Warrant (Leary)

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:26 am
Ken wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 am
Spam wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:51 pm

It's a shame because I'd love to see what comes out of that gun. A loaf of bread? A bunny?
A 1/6th replica of the Mach 5.
Hah! Was that the shape of the chute or garage or whatever Speed used to eject from?
No. I just looked at it, and it reminded me of the walls of underground tunnels/roadways I'd seen in cartoons.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Bulldozer

Post by Jabroniville »

BULLDOZER (Henry Camp)
Created By:
Len Wein & Sal Buscema
Role: Elite Jobber Villain, Marvel Universe Punching Bag, Juggernaut-Lite
PL 9 (103)
STRENGTH
4/10 STAMINA 4/9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Headbutt) 2, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage (trade defenses for toughness)

Powers:
"Crowbar-Given Powers"
Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]

"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Being Moved) [3]

"Headbutt" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Bulldozer's Helmet" (Flaws: Removable) [13]
Adds Penetrating 10 to Headbutt (10)
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 3) (4)
Immunity 2 (Slam Damage) (2)
-- (16 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 24)
Headbutt +6 (+12 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +9 (+2 Impervious, +10 Helmet, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed & Destruction)- Bulldozer likes money, but he likes breaking things even more. He will rarely give up an opportunity to just plain "wreck" stuff.
Power Loss- The Wrecking Crew must touch The Wrecker's mystical Crowbar for it's magic to infuse them with powers. The Wrecker may take all this power for himself otherwise, leaving the rest de-powered. Bulldozer's standard Abilities are then STR 3, STA 4.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 11 (103)

-Bulldozer is pretty forgettable- they basically just took Juggernaut or Rhino and scaled them down to "Jobber" status. His big schtick is to just lower his head and go full-on with a Headbutt on guys, and yeah, that's pretty much the easiest attack on Earth to avoid. How many times do you figure he's completely missed and gone ass-over-teakettle into some debris or a wall or something? Like a billion.

-Bulldozer was a successful enough soldier to make Master Corporal, but was eventually discharged and turned to a life of crime. There, he met The Wrecker, who recruited him and his buddies into his new "Wrecking Crew". He was arguably the most "background" of the entire team, until a recent Fantastic Four arc casually mentioned that he'd died, and been replaced by a daughter we'd never seen before. However, this off-screen death was soon Retconned, as he popped up in the Pleasant Hill arc.

-'Dozer is PL 9 like his buddies, either when just punching (standard +9/+9 non-trade-off), or ramming with his Headbutt (no Close Combat Skill to it, so it's only +7, but does +11 damage). He's also got the new "Immovable" Power (which is basically what it always was, I think- Strength bonused to resisting movement), and is a fair bit tougher than his buddies, but easier to hit, especially at Range. I figure guys like The Wrecking Crew were virtually DESIGNED to have more Parry than they did Dodge- they're melee fighters first and foremost, and are easily dealt with by ranged fighters. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Davies

Re: William Evans, Jr.

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:52 pm
-The character's sad story actually comes with some behind-the-scenes stuff. Willie Jr. was intended to be a member of an "X-Men In Training" secondary team. He was supposed to join Kitty Pryde and others (including a different version of Caliban), but Jim Shooter nixed the idea, saying it sounded like "The Legion of Substitute X-Men" (this runs contrary to John Byrne's statements that Shooter DEMANDED that the X-Men now become a school again, necessitating the creation of the New Mutants). Instead, Louise Simonson took the Wolfman-created character and just killed him off.
I don't think it was Louise Simonson who did this, and checking confirms that it was Bob Harras who wrote the Iron Man Annual that featured his death. With regards to Shooter's apparent change of opinion, I believe that it might have been driven by the fact that when Willie first appeared, in 1979, the New Teen Titans hadn't started threatening the X-Men's popularity, but in 1982 that series was going strong ...
Last edited by Davies on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Bulldozer (Marci)

Post by Jabroniville »

BULLDOZER II (Marci Camp)
Created By:
James Robinson & Leonard Kirk
First Appearance: The Fantastic Four #4 (July 2014)
Role: Legacy Villain
Group Affiliations: The Wrecking Crew, The Frightful Four
PL 8 (77)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 1 (+0)

Advantages: 
Improved Critical (Headbutt), Power Attack

Powers:
"Immovable" Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Being Moved) [3]

"Headbutt" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Bulldozer's Helmet" (Flaws: Removable) [13]
Adds Penetrating 10 to Headbutt (10)
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 3) (4)
Immunity 2 (Slam Damage) (2)
-- (16 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+10 Damage, DC 24)
Headbutt +5 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +9 (+2 Impervious, +10 Helmet, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +9, Will +2

Complications: 
Power Loss- The Wrecking Crew must touch The Wrecker's mystical Crowbar for it's magic to infuse them with powers. The Wrecker may take all this power for himself otherwise, leaving the rest de-powered. Marci's  standard Abilities are then STR -1, STA 0.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 8 (77)

-Marci appeared in the recent Fantastic Four, stating that the original Bulldozer "was my dad!", meaning he could be dead or missing. In any case, this was totally off-panel, so it's a rather odd bit of dialogue. In any case, she's as powerful as the old one, but also a little girl, so she's an inexperienced rookie.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Excavator

Post by Jabroniville »

EXCAVATOR (Ricky Calusky)
Created By:
Brian K. Vaughn & Adrian Alphona
First Appearance: The Runaways #1 (April 2005)
Role: Elite Jobber Villain, Marvel Universe Punching Bag, Most Generic Costume Ever
Group Affiliations: The Wrecking Crew
PL 7 (59)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Deception 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:

"Enchanted Shovel" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [3]
Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Penetrating 4) (5 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Shovel +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +7 (+2 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications: 
Power Loss- The Wrecking Crew must touch The Wrecker's mystical Crowbar for it's magic to infuse them with powers. The Wrecker may take all this power for himself otherwise, leaving the rest de-powered. Excavator's standard Abilities are then STR 0, STA 1.
Relationship (Piledriver- Father)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 7 (59)

-Excavator briefly joined his father's team in the first arc of Brian K. Vaughn's Runaways, basically acting like a Joke Villain- he boatsed an "Enchanted Shovel", and thinned the Crew's powers even FURTHER, reducing all of their stats by a certain amount. He gets one shot- he breaks his Shovel over Molly Hayes' head, and is then one-punched down the street. This remains the Crew's single-biggest jobbing in histor, as they were demolished like a group of A.I.M. Bucketheads at the hands of a group of rank amateurs- even dividing their power FIVE ways shouldn't have done THAT.

-He's recently appeared in another book, so we'll see what becomes of him. As of now, he's still just a weak PL 7 Mini-Powerhouse.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Divada

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:53 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:17 am Image

DIVADA

oh yes. come to Butthead
WEIRD- a well-built, muscular, nasty, tatted-up evil chick appeals to you? How unexpected!
Well what can I say? I've always liked the bad girls.
Jabroniville

WildPride

Post by Jabroniville »

WILDPRIDE (Kyllian Kell Boddicker)
Created By:
Geof Isherwood
First Appearance: Dr. Strange- Sorcerer Supreme Annual #3 (June 1993)
Role: Magical Guy
Group Affiliations: The Department of Occult Armaments
PL 9 (148)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Athletics 5 (+7)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Magic) 5 (+10)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Ritualist, Startle

Powers:
"Celtic Tattoos"
"Fire & Electricity" Blast 8 (Feats: Variable- Fire or Electricity) (17) -- [20]
  • AE: "Wind" Move Object 7 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Limited to Away) (14)
  • AE: "Light" Environment 4 (Light) (4)
  • AE: "Magnetism" Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Ferrous Materials) (8)
"Animal Tattoos" Summon 5 (Extras: Active, 4 Minions +4, Variable- Animals) [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Magic Blasts +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The Danaan)- Several Celtic Gods wish Kyllian to continue murdering people, and thus build their power.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 60 / Defenses: 15 (148)

1993 saw the production of a serious of Annuals in the Marvel Universe, each of which featured a brand-new character, and was packaged with a trading card featuring that character. In almost every case, these characters were horrible one-offs and almost none of them ever reappeared. Most are extremely dated to their early-1990s point of creation.

-Kyllian and his sister were taken in by a mobster who'd killed their parents over a debt- they were turned into workers in his drug dealing- Kyllian an enforcer, and his sister Kate a prostitute (she'd become a drug addict). Kyllian slowly developed tattoos all over his body, and when his sister was killed by the mobster, his powers manifested. Doctor Strange got involved and offered to help Kyllian, who was bound to several of the Danaan Gods of England's Celtic history. Strange left Kyllian in an alternate dimension, entrusting him with the defense of that realm, as Strange had to get back to Earth to stop an invasion from the Lilin. Unfortunately, he was taken in by Modred after he "fell into oblivion", becoming WildPride.

-And yes, as a character who debuted in a 1993 Annual, that would mark him as one of "those guys"- the '90s-style characters who debuted in the Annuals, complete with packed-in Collectible Cards. Adam-X, The X-Treme, is one of the most famous, though the most successful is Genis-Vell. With eight appearances in total and a mere decade-plus between shots, Marvunapp.com notes, WildPride is one of the most successful of this motley crew.

-WildPride is an amateur mage who can touch his tattoos and fire out certain spells, and later can Summon Animals.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Warhawk

Post by Jabroniville »

I KNOW THIS PICTURE! I swear to God I've seen it a thousand times, and never knew who it was! It's obviously Maverick in the picture, so I think it's probably from one of those uber-long X-Men Advertisements they'd put in the Marvel books for a couple months.

WARHAWK (Mitchell Tanner)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Gil Kane
First Appearance: Marvel Premiere #23 (Aug. 1975)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliation: The U.S. Army
PL 9 (115)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+9)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Close Attack 3, Equipment 3 (Arsenal), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6, Tracking, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Omnium Skin" Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 10) [16]

Equipment:
"Arsenal"
"Rifle" Blast 6 (12)
"Tranquilizer Darts" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged) (12)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Rifle +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Tranquilizer Darts +10 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Warhawk eventually becomes a mercenary after he regains his sanity.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Warhawk has blue-tinged skin, and cannot pass for an ordinary human.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 6 (115)

-Warhawk is a mostly-unused Iron Fist villain who was an American soldier that went "native" in Vietnam, becoming one with his new home, but was badly-hurt in an ambush that killed his new wife and everyone in his village (much of this sounds like Apocalypse Now). This, plus the U.S. Government's experiment that saved his life, drove him insane, resulting in a feud with Iron Fist after Danny had beaten him- he beats Danny in a rematch, but is then defeated by Luke Cage. He later regains in sanity and becomes a mercenary/super-villain, at one point turning the Danger Room on the X-Men before they beat him (it was a test by an employer). After that, he pretty well disappeared.

-I mainly find this character fascinating because of that one Mark Texiera-lookin' picture of him- this particular piece of art seems like it shows up A LOT, and it always fascinated me, because I had no idea who this character was. It would be years, and some random searching for builds to do a couple years back, for me to finally put a name to that face that I always recognized. One of the better pieces of art out there of a minor backgrounder.

-Warhawk is a very good martial artist and super-strong, but not insanely-great at either- he was enough to handle a mid-70s Iron Fist, but Danny would probably destroy him these days, even though he's remarkably tough for someone who usually fights Street Level-types.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew! WildPride!)

Post by Jabroniville »

OMG- my two favorite things: Ken Levine's blog and Wicked!!

http://kenlevine.blogspot.ca/2017/07/ep ... d.html?m=1
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Jen-Tai! Zarak! Guiding Light! Walker! Wolfpack!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 pm My elementary school library actually had a Fantastic Four trade where Willie's original story was told. I thought he was a one off character until I picked up thd issue with Iron Man and X-Force, as I always liked Tony and I believe that was the Silver Centurion era. The Silver Centurion is probably my one of my favorite designs for old school superhero power armor, but I realize its not a great fit for Iron Man.

Anyway, the death of Willie felt like a tragic Shaggy Dog story where they brought him back only to kill him. Frankly, I wonder about the idea of killing him off being Shooter's idea, since he also apparently ordered the New Mutants. Why not just make Willie a younger member of said New Mutants? Killing him off in this way just seems like a waste.

I probably would have just limited his power a bit, where his power is create psychic projections similar to Tarrot. His initial showing of creating four evil psychic versions of the FF that were more powerful than them was a one time deal where his powers were emerging and more a sign of his full potential. He'd be a kid with a flexible Summon power rather than a reality warped.
I find an issue would be with his powers. Depowering him is fine, but I feel that the temptation to use him would be too overwhelming. Look at Franklin Richards in FF, and all the times his powers are a plot device. Though it's neat to know that you've actually read about him- I was entirely basing this off of the one bio I could find.

I always though the Silver Centurion armor was Iron Man's best look. I'm not married to the red & gold look anyhow. It just DEFINES "80s" to me.