Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew! WildPride!)

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 pm Since you mentioned Street Fighter...Capcom revealed the fourth Season 2 SFV character...and it's Abigail, of all people. Meanwhile, Namco revealed the next DLC character for Tekken 7...and it's freaking GEESE HOWARD. That kind of makes me want to see Tekken builds..maybe I'll make a couple myself.
Hahah, yup- fans are basically tearing into Capcom over this, and basically doing victory laps because apparently SFV is considered a financial disappointment, largely because Capcom's taken too many hints from PC gaming and released an unprepared, unfinished game as a product, assuming they'd "patch up" the flaws as they went on.
Jabroniville

Woodgod

Post by Jabroniville »

WOODGOD
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Keith Giffen
First Appearance: Marvel Premiere #31 (Aug. 1976)
Role: Forgotten Character, Outsider
PL 10 (127)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+14)
Expertise (Science) 9 (+15)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)
Technology 2 (+8)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold

Powers:
Immunity (Poison) [1]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Tracking) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +11, Fortitude +10, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Changelings)- Woodgod created a bunch of Animal People and was elected their leader.
Enemy (Leoninus)- The lion-headed Changeling stages a coup and tries to kill Woodgod.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 10 (127)

-Woodgod is a bizarre satyr-dude who was created in a lab by a couple that was soon killed by nerve gas, which then wiped out an entire town in New Mexico. Escaping the Army people that came to investigate, he learned to read and eventually created his own group of living beings called The Changelings. And MAN are 1970s comics weird- where else would you find a book about a super-powered goat-man who created an army of animal-people so that they could live in peace? Woodgod ended up fighting with The Hulk & Spider-Man, nearly got shot into space by an evil Army dude, his race was wiped out by OTHER Army dudes, he got captured by The Stranger (I swear to god, that and the "Alyosha Kraven kidnaps all the animal-based villains" comic show up in bios I read about fifty different times, thanks to artists grabbing all the obscure backgrounders I can think of- The Stranger kidnapped a bunch of aliens, and since Gruenwald was writing, he gets EVERYBODY) and Department H, he built MORE Changelings, and then fought The Red Hulk. So, you know... drugs. The gap between his '90s appearance and his modern one was huge, so he's definitely a minor character.

-Woodgod is an old brawling partner of The Hulk, and has KO'd Doc Samson in the past, so I'm imagining him as a PL 10, even though he's largely a forgotten character that almost never gets used (I mean, Hell, *I* haven't heard of him, and I've seen LOTS of obscure weirdos over the years). And yes, he's smart enough to apparently CREATE AN ENTIRE RACE OF PEOPLE, despite that being beyond the capabilities of a bajillion Earth Super-Geniuses. Because... drugs.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I remember Woodgod from the early 1990s OHOTMU, the loose-leaf format one. Overall, though, I didn't think much of him. I thought the idea of a satyr-like god ought to be panned.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 pmWOODGOD
By that first pic, it looks like he ought to have a rank in Attractive
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Shock wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 pmWOODGOD
By that first pic, it looks like he ought to have a rank in Attractive
Woodgod indeed. ;)
Jabroniville

Wraith (DeWolff)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE WRAITH I (Brian DeWolff)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: Marvel Team-Up #48 (Aug. 1976)
Role: Mind-Controller, Supporting Cast-Turned-Bad Guy
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (123)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Police Officer) 5 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Telekinesis) 2 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Smoke Pistol), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Mental Powers"
"Mental Pain" Affliction 9 (Will; Impaired/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative) (37) -- [47]
  • Dynamic AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 8 (17)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 9 (Flaws: Limited to One Subject at a Time) (28)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mentally-Cast Illusions" Illusion (Visual, Hearing) 8 (Flaws: Resisted by Will) (17)
  • Dynamic AE: "Invisibility" Concealment (Visuals, Hearing) 3 (Flaws: Resisted by Will) (4)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Reading 8 (17)
"Immune to Spider-Sense" Concealment (Spider-Sense) 1 (Extras: Sustained) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Telekinesis +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Mental Pain & Control -- (+9 Perception Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 15 (123)

-The Wraith is one of those bizarre things in the Spider-verse of Marvel Comics- part of the endless supply of background characters and supporting cast members who somehow became either a super-hero or a super-villain. Brian DeWolff, brother of Police Captain Jean DeWolff (an ally of Spidey's), was taken over psionically by the siblings' evil father Phillip and sent against various heroes as a murderous vigilante, and was eventually freed. He even became a SUPER-HERO, allying with Spidey, Iron Man and others!

-Then all of a sudden he goes crazy when Jean is murdered by the Sin-Eater, and he puts on the costume again to murder some cops (blaming them for Jean's death, as The Sin-Eater was a police detective)... at which point Scourge shoots him. Seriously, that was his whole story- Scourge was trying to kill Flash Thompson, but because of all the police running around (due to Spider-Man's involvement), just shot the nearest costumed idiot. Truly weird stuff. Though I get the distinct impression that he was offed by Scourge because the writers were told they HAD to kill a villain (most Marvel books in the months before the big Captain America: The Scourge of the Underworld story had featured one Jobber Villain getting executed by the villain-hunting vigilante), and so they used a guy they weren't planning on using.

-He would reappear years later, having transferred his mind into another's body, but this time he was killed by Morbius. He was one of seventeen Scourge victims resurrected by The Hood to fight The Punisher, but like most of them, he was entertainingly-murdered by Frank- he thanked The Punisher with his last breath (having been shot through the chest by an arrow), grateful for being "released".

-Wraith is an odd combo of stuff- mostly Will-based mental tricks like Illusion, Mind Control and Mind Reading, but there's also a nasty Mental Pain trick, as well as Concealment from Spidey's Spider-Sense, which I've noted drops Peter's PL by a notch or two (recent Spidey books have him losing it for a good while, and it's made him REALLY weak on defense in-universe). Despite that, he's no toughie, and can't take a hit, like most Scourge victims.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I actually had Woodgod's first appearance in my comic collection once upon a time. I though he was entirely cool...but... then again I like Tagak the Leopard Lord, Torgo, Razorback, Wraith, Darkstar and Red Guardian (Tanya Belinski) too, so I'm not famous for my discriminating taste.
Jabroniville

Wraith (Rendoza)

Post by Jabroniville »

WRAITH II (Hector Rendoza)
Created By:
Scott Lobdell & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #392 (2001)
Role: One-Off Character
PL 5 (29)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Translucent Skin"
"Make Others See-Through" Affliction 8 (Fort; Entranced/Stunned/Transfomed to Transluscent-Skinned) (Quirks: Requires Skin-to-Skin Contact) (7) -- [8]
  • AE: "See-Through Skin" Enhanced Skills 6: Intimidation 6 (3)
Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Transluscify Others +2 (+8 Affliction, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Mutant)- Hector is nearly lynched by a crowd when his ugly-looking powers manifest.

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 10 (29)

-The second Wraith was little-known, and just a one-off Mutant character in Scott Lobdell's X-Men run. He gained some weak-ass Mutant Powers, and because this happened a lot in the Marvel Universe, he was set upon by a bigoted crowd (including some of his old friends) intending to murder him. He is one of many Mutants Jean Grey (who rescued him) recruited to help save the X-Men on Genosha, alongside Northstar, Dazzler, Sunpyre & Omerta. He never appeared in a major role after that, and in fact was De-Powered after M-Day.

-A kid with a pretty useless power and zero experience, Wraith II is a borderline Bystander, but his unique power can really unnerve others- coming off like an Affliction that can also kinda stun victims (who are freaked out by their sudden apparent lack of skin.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Wraith (The Shittiest One)

Post by Jabroniville »

WRAITH III (Zak-Del)
Created By:
Javier Grillo-Marxuach & Kyle Hotz
First Appearance: Annihilation Conquest: Wraith #1 (June 2007)
Role: Extreme '90s Hero (in 20-f*cking-07!)
PL 10 (176)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 4 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 12 (+12)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 5 (+10)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Great Endurance, Equipment 4 (Space Vessel, Assorted Gear), Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Exolon-Parasite-Given Powers"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Cannot Feel Pain" Immunity 3 (Aging, Pain Effects) [3]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [11]
"Manifest Darkness" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Attack, Area- 30ft. Shapeable) [8]

"Polymorphic Weapon" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [10]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Variable- Slashing, Piercing or Bludgeoning, Reach 4, Penetrating 6) (14) -- (16 points)
  • AE: "Gun" Blast 7 (14)
  • AE: Affliction 7 (Tech Skill of Creator; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Ineffective Functions) (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Technological Weapons) (7)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Cosmic Blast +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Power Blast +8 (+14 Ranged Damage, DC 29)
Cosmic Area Blasts +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Snare +8 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Quantum Weapons +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Destroy The Phalanx, Find His Father's Killer)- Wraith wants REVEEEEEENNNNNNNNGGGGGEEE!! How bad-ass and '90s is that?

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 50--25 / Advantages: 25 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 16 (176)

-This guy was an AWFUL part of the second Annihilation storyline, debuting as a hyper-'90s anti-hero who attacked Phalanx robots and made them afraid of him. He had dual whips and was super EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME and all that usual B.S.... which would have been well and good, except that THIS WAS TWO-THOUSAND AND SEVEN. What in God's name were they thinking with this goof?

-He had no real personality, and they kept amping up how TOUGH AND SCARY he was in the mini-series- fighting against the torture of a Phalanx-controlled Ronan the Accuser. Imagine my surprise when I discovered he was created FOR Annihilation, making him debut about eight years too late to do any good. It says something that among all the Cosmic Marvel-based stuff that came out of the "Annihilation Waves", Wraith has yet to reappear, and they even gave his codename to another, newer character. His series stuck out like a sore thumb compared to all the other cross-over stuff, and I think even Marvel knew that he sucked and wasn't going to sell. I've also heard somewhere that he was a rip-off of another character- someone from a video game or something- and that's why he never showed up again- Marvel may have been worried about a lawsuit.

-Wraith was also horribly overpowered, making him sorta like the also-Kree Marvel Boy/Protector/Whatever, in that he'd get new powers all the time, turn out to be immune to pain, and he'd go on Mook-Killing Tears, easily defeating hordes of Phalanx (remember, these guys used to challenge the X-Men one-on-one). He could be nearly any PL between 10 and 12 given his appearances, but he never beat anyone GOOD that I can remember (he convinced Ronan to break his brainwashing and join his side), and since it was his first appearance, we'll give him some "New Guy Stink" to make him a basic, over-pointed PL 10 who's really, really tough to bring down. He can damage weapons, blind people, and has a weird Variable Weapon that can do multiple variations- he comes off more like a video game character than a comic book one.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Wraith (Yuriko)

Post by Jabroniville »

WRAITH IV (Yuriko Watanabe)
Created By:
Dan Slott & John Romita, Jr.
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #600 (Nov. 2009)
Role: Back-Up Character
Group Affiliations: The NYPD
PL 10 (143)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+8)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Police Officer) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+8)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Pistol +5), Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Pistol, Unarmed), Ranged Attack 5, Startle

Powers:
"Wraith Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [28]
"Mister Fear's Gas" Affliction 10 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Area- Scent Perception) (Flaws: Limited to Fear) (30) -- (33)
  • AE: "Arm Tendrils" Snare 6 (Feats: Reach 4) (Flaws: Touch Range) (18)
  • AE: "Mysterio's Acid Mist" Weaken Toughness 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cloud +2, Affects Objects) (20)
  • AE: "Polygraph Sensors" Enhanced Skills 8: Insight 8 (+13) (Flaws: Grab-Based) (2)
"Communications" CommLink (1)
"Facial Recognition Technology" Features 1: Recognizes Faces From Database (1)
-- (35 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fear Gas +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Arm Tendrils +11 (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Acid Mist +5 Area (+5 Weaken, DC 15)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Vigilantism)- As The Wraith, Yuri is extremely-vicious and focused on stopping the criminals that the regular police can't.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 11 (143)

-The fourth Wraith, Yuri Watanabe debuted as a female Police officer Supporting Character in Spider-Man. However, like OH SO MANY supporting characters in that book, she was touched by the spandex-bug: She appears 63 issues after her debut as The Wraith. Initially disguising herself as the ghost of Jean DeWolff in order to terrify criminals, she essentially does the vigilante thing to catch bad guys the regular cops can't. In this role, she's a bit of a sidekick to Spidey-Girlfriend Carlie Cooper for a while, assisting her in trying to find out the secret of The Superior Spider-Man. She starts using harsher methods, shocking the Regular Spider-Man, and soon loses her job by going after some crooks when her Chief told her to wait. In the end, she gives up her Yuri identity, becoming the Wraith full-time, and proves to be quite murderous- she intends to execute Mr. Negative for his crimes. Spider-Man stops her, but she escapes, and hasn't reappeared for a while.

-She seems a bit standard-issue as far as Masked Vigilantes go, but I kind of like the concept of someone "recycling" a bunch of old villainous gear to create a new identity (she's wielding a Wraith costume, Mr. Fear gas, and Mysterio Acid Gas).

-A PL 7 Martial Artist with PL 8 Defenses, Wraith IV is pretty small-time, owing to her status as a new vigilante on the scene. However, packing PL 10 Fear Gas puts her in a higher weight class that she'd ordinarily occupy, and she's got some good skills and versatility.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And yay! That's it for the "W" section! One more letter gone! I think I'm just over halfway through The List, now, and am slowly transferring many older builds to the new thread. As I've noted before, if I went entirely into The List, I'd be done all the "un-statted" Marvel characters of note in around four months, but my Build ADD usually strikes and I want to do other "big projects" instead. I almost feel bad that I started doing that stuff around three years ago, and am still only halfway through, but then the first few tries were a bit ineffective (since there's no big names left, I found it was a week or two without anyone caring about the builds- then I started throwing in OLDER builds, which drew some more attention).

*Edit: I threw in Waxman since it's a simple re-post from the "Spider-Woman's Rogues" and I'm anal-retentive that way :). Also, the "Q" section is the last one I've yet to re-post here from Ronin Army, so there's that as well.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Q7 Strike Force to Qwerty

Post by Jabroniville »

Q:
Q7 Strike Force (Marvel UK Gene Dogs Foes)
---
Qabiri (Genocidal Angel)
---
Quagmire
Quake (Daisy Johnson)
Quantum
Quark (Meltdown's Spy)
Quarrel (The Lunatic Legion Crooks)
Quarry (War Machine One-Off)
Quasar I (Imperial Guard)
Quasar II (Wendell Vaughn)
Quasar III (Phyla-Vell)
Quasimodo
---
Queen
The Queen (Indries Moomji, Chessmen)
Queen Divine Justice (Dora Milaje)
Queen Veranke
The Quentin Carnival (Johnny Blaze Characters)
Quentin Quire
Quetzalcoatl (Aztec Skyfather)
---
Quick Kick
Quickfire (Inhumans)
Quicksand
Quicksilver
Quill I (Warpie Cherubim Bug-Man)
Quill II (Resistants)
Quill III (X-Students)
The Quintronic Man
Quincy Harker
---
Quoggoth (Shuma-Gorath Creation)
Quoi
---
Q'Wake (Avatars of the Mandarin)
Qwerty (Morlocks)

Marvel: The Letter "Q":

"Q" is probably the most-unusual, probably-unnecessary letter in the English alphabet. It's generally used to make "kw" and "k" sounds (like in "plaque"), and is the second-least-used letter next to "Z". Also in cursive it looks like a "2" for no apparent reason other than to be weird (also, cursive sucks).

No other letter is less-used in comics to start the names of characters- even "Z" gets used more often. There's only a couple of semi-decent names, but Quasar and Quicksilver ain't too shabby- both are Avengers who were prominent at one point or another. The rest are mostly-losers and forgotten types- the next most-prominent are characters like Queen, Quagmire (from Squadron Supreme, not Family Guy's sexual predator), and Quasimodo (the computer with the ugly face).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Next up: A collection of four names that came about when I sent one of my standard "are you alive?" e-mails to a poster I hadn't seen in a while. While talking back and forth, Drkrash (read this thread! His Fight! builds are interesting! And him doing KOF characters means I can one day actually stat that franchise by copying his research! READ IIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!) told me that he reads my thread to his son- before any of you call Child Protection Services, keep in mind that he edits some of the things I saw :). Anyways, he said that his son had found out four different Spider-Man villains I hadn't statted before. Interested, I asked about them, and it was four names from around the same time period in the Spider-Man books. So tomorrow I'll be posting those names.

After that, I'm doing ANOTHER letter- the "N" builds for Marvel! This will actually contain possibly the biggest Marvel name I've yet to stat (don't get too excited- it's only Night Nurse :)), as well as involve re-posting the notorious, much-hated NFL SuperPro! But this time I'll even be statting his ridiculous Rogues Gallery- not just Quick Kick, but Marco Sanzionaire, those football playing idiots, and Instant Replay- THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME!

After that, I move on to Marvel's Monsters, which involves Werewolf By Night, the Tomb of Dracula cast, Zombie (RIP George Romero) and more! Then it's on to Ghost Rider stuff.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 pm I remember Woodgod from the early 1990s OHOTMU, the loose-leaf format one. Overall, though, I didn't think much of him. I thought the idea of a satyr-like god ought to be panned.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Shock wrote:By that first pic, it looks like he ought to have a rank in Attractive
DOUBLE-BOO!!
Jabroniville

Waxman

Post by Jabroniville »

WAXMAN
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald, Carmine Infantino & Mike Esposito
First Appearance: Spider-Woman #17 (Aug. 1979)
Role: One-Shot Villain
PL 8 (167)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 2 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Flesh) 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Fast Grab, Startle

Powers:
"Copy Appearances" Morph 4 (Flaws: Limited to People He's Copied) [16]
"Waxy Skin" Insubstantial 1 (Flaws: Leaves Skeleton Behind) [4]
Immunity 20 (Bludgeoning Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
Immunity 20 (Slashing & Piercing Damage) [20]
Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
"Liquid Flesh" Affliction 7 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Progressive +2, Ranged) [28]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Liquid Flesh +8 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Insane)- Waxman is largely-insane, and may be schizophrenic, gaining new personalities by taking faces.
Prejudice (Melting)- Waxman's "flesh" frequently begins melting after being held in one form for too long.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 80 / Defenses: 14 (167)

-The Waxman was formerly a scientist out to cure all disease, but when he used something on himself to save his OWN life, he ended up with flesh turning to wax, and he went mad. He copied several people and soon began committing murders, suffocating people- one of his potential victims was Jessica Drew, who burned off some of his "Liquid Flesh" (ewwwwwwww...) and survived. When she figured out what was going on, she lured him to a summer home- he attempted to mimic Jessica to escape, but naturally Spider-Woman didn't believe him- she burned off a ton of his fleshy substance, and he appeared to die. She was creeped out and left, with some flesh forming back together in an "Or IS It?" kind of ending. Nonetheless, he was never seen again.

-Waxman is a creepy Mimic-type villain, specializing in choking people from afar with suffocating "Liquid Flesh" (ewwwwwwwwww...) after scaring the crap out of them when his skin starts "melting". He has a lot of the Insubstantial Character bits (Immunity & Slithering) as well, but can be beaten with enough of an effort, especially by a Blaster hero like Jessica Drew.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.