Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wrecking Crew! WildPride! White Tigers! Wraiths!)

Post by Jabroniville »

so yeah, like I said, this next little batch of characters were created thanks to an email exchange between me and Dr. Krash (ugh don't like typing "drkrash" so I'm anglicizing it :)), creator of the Fight! RPG (the best translation of fighting game mechanics into RPG terms), who pointed out that his son had found a small handful of Spider-Man-related characters I'd yet to stat. I threw them into The List for later application, but I figured since he's been a solid poster, I'd just put them all out right away!

It turns out most of them are Spider-Man characters from around the same time- I'm thinking his son was reading a couple years' worth of books- around the time Dan Slott was doing "Monster of the Week" tales, before giving up and doing standard "modern" stories again.
Jabroniville

Marcy Kane

Post by Jabroniville »

MARCY KANE (Kaina)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Jim Mooney
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #32 (July 1979)
Role: Odd Side-Character

-Marcy Kane was a college girlfriend of Peter Parker's for a short time, but largely disappeared. It turned out (five years after her debut) that she was an alien- a Contraxian- and the mother of the hero Jack of Hearts! She was searching for a method to save her system's star, and finally found it when Jack used his powers to save the day. This kind of gets glossed over in Peter's history.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Thanks for doing these, Jab! My son is pretty excited that he has contributed to your work. :)

Also thanks for the shout-outs for Fight! They are much appreciated.

(And yeah, it is technically Dr. Krash. I was Krash in high school and college, and then I earned a whole mess of letters after my name, so I added the Dr. It's funny to me when people misread it and assume it's an abbreviation for "dark rash".)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

An alien was trying to save her star system...by attending college on Earth? I can't help but think contacting the Avengers might have been a more productive use of her time XD
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew! WildPride!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 pm
KorokoMystia wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 pm Since you mentioned Street Fighter...Capcom revealed the fourth Season 2 SFV character...and it's Abigail, of all people. Meanwhile, Namco revealed the next DLC character for Tekken 7...and it's freaking GEESE HOWARD. That kind of makes me want to see Tekken builds..maybe I'll make a couple myself.
Hahah, yup- fans are basically tearing into Capcom over this, and basically doing victory laps because apparently SFV is considered a financial disappointment, largely because Capcom's taken too many hints from PC gaming and released an unprepared, unfinished game as a product, assuming they'd "patch up" the flaws as they went on.
Yeah, SFV seems to be a dissapointment, even though I have yet to play it (I have no idea where my copy of the game went..). At this point, the main thing I'm looking forward to that's related to SFV is whenever you get around to building the new characters! :) Of course, there's still at least two characters of season 2 yet to be revealed, so I'm guessing it'll be a long time.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

KorokoMystia, are you a "Street Fighter only" fighting fan?
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

drkrash wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:02 pm KorokoMystia, are you a "Street Fighter only" fighting fan?
I actually am a fan of fighting games in general, but I don't play 'em much because I find fighting the CPU gets boring, and whenever I play online i just get trashed immediately.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Meanwhile, also Capcom: "You see, these X-Men people are not well known enough to be in Marvel XCapcom:Infinite. What? No, of course this is not only because Marvel doesn't want to promote the characters that Fox has the movie rights for. They are just not popular enough, really. By the way, here is Jedah."
Jabroniville

Tracer (Tommy)

Post by Jabroniville »

TRACER II (aka "Tommy")
Created By:
Peter David & Mike Wieringo
First Appearance: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #1 (Oct. 2005)
Role: One-Off Villain, Machine God
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (175)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Technology 10 (+14)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Artificial Life Form"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
"Mechanical Sensors" Senses 9 (Infravision, Ranged & Analytical Vision 2, Detect Powers- Analytical & Ranged) [9]
Features 1: Hypodermic Probes in Fingers [1]
Comprehend Machines 2 [4]

"Controls Any Machine" Affliction 15 (Tech Skill of Creator; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Progressive +2, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (45) -- [46]
  • AE: "Gun-Hand Metamorphosis" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate 2, Ricochet 5, Homing 5) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Gun-Hand +12 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8,--, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Money)- Despite apparently being a mechanical god, Tracer wants money.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 98 / Defenses: 11 (175)

-Tracer claims to be a "Machine God"- created by sentient machines as a figure to worship. He of course starts robbing banks, then holds New York hostage- he is defeated by Spider-Man & Iron Man, but escapes. Using techno-control powers, he plots Spider-Man's demise, but determines that Spidey is in no condition to fight him- he willingly gives up "godhood" and disappears. I figure him for PL 8-9-ish, but with PL 9.5 defenses- his most powerful ability is his Machine Control, which can turn just about any mechanical object against other people- the ranks are high enough to take control of IRON MAN's armor, which... would actually be really tricky to do given the usual resistance save I offer up for Machine Control (based off of the Tech Skill of the creator, which in Tony Stark's case is a huge +22), so I gave it "Cumulative" and an exceptionally-high rank for an Affliction power.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

danelsan wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:38 pm Meanwhile, also Capcom: "You see, these X-Men people are not well known enough to be in Marvel XCapcom:Infinite. What? No, of course this is not only because Marvel doesn't want to promote the characters that Fox has the movie rights for. They are just not popular enough, really. By the way, here is Jedah."
Mother F- You had ONE JOB Capcom! If you were going to use more Darkstalkers, include John Talbane!

I mean, bad enough Hawkeye has the Ultimates outfit now and I don't see bide nor hair of Iron Fist or Luke Cage.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Paper Doll

Post by Jabroniville »

PAPER DOLL (Piper Dali)
Created By:
Dan Slott & Marcos Martin
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #559 (July 2008)
Role: One-Off Villain
PL 8 (98)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Pop Culture) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
"Paper-Thin Form"
Insubstantial 1 (Flaws: Limited to 6x3-Foot Space) [4]
"Wrap-Around" Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaws: Limited to Grappling) [2]
Elongation 1 (15 feet) [1]
Concealment (Visuals) (Flaws: Limited to Blending) [2]
"Drain Others Of Fluids" Weaken Strength & Stamina 8 (Extras: Simultaneous) (Inaccurate -1) (15) -- [16]
  • AE: "Razor-Thin Hands" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
Offense:
Razor-Thin Hands +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Drain Others +8 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fort +6, Will +4

Complications:
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Paper Doll is permanently a 2-D figure, unless she absorbs the fluids from another- this makes her 3-D again, temporarily.
Obsession (Bobby Carr)- Paper Doll worships the actor, and murders people who she believes have wronged him, such as his publicist and a waitress who was suing him.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 11 (98)

-Paper Doll is a normal girl who fell into her father's "dimensional compressor" machine (I HATE IT when that happens to me!), giving her the ability to reduce herself to a single flat sheet. She became obsessed with an Idol-type actor named Bobby Carr, whose movies she constantly watched as her only escape from her condition- she killed people who wronged him (such as Carr's publicist, who would deliberately set Paparazzi onto the star), and then targeted Mary Jane herself, who was DATING Carr at the time! Slott has explained that Paper Doll was created to be a villain who didn't want money or world power or any of that- she was instead a reflection of obsessive fandoms! Of which Slott, a fan and writer of comics, knows quite well. The fact that she would be miserably hard to draw (even her CREATOR struggled!) probably means we won't see much of her.

-Paper Doll has the odd power to become completely 2-D, which she uses to both use her hands as weapons, and to grapple & drain people's bodily fluids- this can easily be fatal on people, but partially-flattened people can recover (just like in real life!).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wolfpack! Warrant! Wrecking Crew! WildPride!)

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:00 am Marvel: The Letter "Q":

"Q" is probably the most-unusual, probably-unnecessary letter in the English alphabet. It's generally used to make "kw" and "k" sounds (like in "plaque"), and is the second-least-used letter next to "Z".
One of the most bizarre words in English is the word, stolen from the French, queue, as in to line up, or to be in a line for processing. I mean, it's a homonym for cue. But really, why does queue need all those vowels? It could be "q" and it would still be a homonym for cue.

It did let me whup a non-humble man at a word game of his own design on my second go. The first go, I learned the rules.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Horsenhero

Re: Marcy Kane

Post by Horsenhero »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:55 pm ImageImage

MARCY KANE (Kaina)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Jim Mooney
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #32 (July 1979)
Role: Odd Side-Character

-Marcy Kane was a college girlfriend of Peter Parker's for a short time, but largely disappeared. It turned out (five years after her debut) that she was an alien- a Contraxian- and the mother of the hero Jack of Hearts! She was searching for a method to save her system's star, and finally found it when Jack used his powers to save the day. This kind of gets glossed over in Peter's history.
This cracks me up. Marcy Kane apparently was such a non-character she gets a brief write up but doesn't warrant statting up.

I also think it's funny how she took advantage of her time on Earth to have herself a little "May-December" romance with Peter. Seriously, her son is Peter's age, so she's gone full-on mid-life crisis here.
Jabroniville

Ero

Post by Jabroniville »

ERO (Miss Arrow)
Created By:
Reginald Hudlin & Mike Wieringo
First Appearance: Marvel Knights Spider-Man #22 (March 2006)
Role: Background Villain
PL 10 (225)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 5 (+6)
Intimidation 11 (+12)
Perception 8 (+8)
Stealth 8 (+12)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Body Made of Spiders"
Enhanced Advantages 5: Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Spider Bites), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action [5]
Senses 5 (Infravision, Radius Sight 2, Ranged Touch- Extended) [5]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling, Slithering) [4]
Elongation 3 [3]
"Spidery Arms" Extra Limbs 2 [2]

"Does Not Set Off Spider-Sense" Concealment 1 (Spider-Sense) (Extras: Continuous) [3]

"Difficult to Destroy"
"Fluid" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Innate, Selective) [7]
Immunity 30 (Bludgeoning, Slashing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [15]
"Multiply" Regeneration 8 [8]

"Spider Bites" Blast 5 (Feats: Dynamic, Accurate 3) (Extras: Multiattack) Linked to Weaken Stamina 6 (Extras: Progressive +2) (37) -- [53]
  • Dynamic AE: "Spider Bite" Weaken Strength 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Progressive +2) (31)
  • Dynamic AE: "Spider Aura" Damage Aura 3 (Feats: Dynamic) Linked to Weaken Strength 4 (Extras: Reaction +3) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Spider Storm" Damage 5 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) Linked to Weaken Stamina 6 (Extras: Progressive +2) (29) 
  • Dynamic AE: "Spider Line" Damage 5 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line) Linked to Weaken Strength 6 (Extras: Progressive +2) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Spider Wave" Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) Linked to Affliction 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area, Cumulative) (17)
  • Dynamic AE: "Webbing" Snare 10 (Feats: Accurate 3, Dynamic) (34)
  • Dynamic AE: "Web Parachute" Flight 2 (Flaws: Gliding) (2)
  • Dynamic AE: "Stingers" Weaken Stamina 8 (8)
"Taking Their Skin" Morph 2 (Humanoids) [10]
"Summon Minions- Spider Swarm" Summon 3 (Feats: Mental Link) (Extras: Active, Controlled) [13]

Offense:
Spider-Bite +10 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Spider Aura +10 (+3 Damage & +4 Weaken, DC 18 & 14)
Spider Area Attacks +5-6 (+5 Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 20 & 16)
Spider Bites +10 (+5 Ranged Damage & +6 Ranged Weaken, DC 20 & 16)
Webbing +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +10, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Breeding)- Ero wishes to lay an egg-sac in Flash Thompson's mouth- KINKY.
Weakness (Holy Weapons)- Silver Bullets and crosses can do extra damage to Ero.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 128 / Defenses: 14 (225)

-Ero (taking her name from a genus of spider) comes from the weird Other part of Spider-history- with Pete being reborn into a new body, his old one was consumed by Spiders... which of course became sentient and started to fight him. As "Miss Arrow", she started working at the same High School as Peter Parker. She then tried to eat Flash Thompson, and use his body as an incubator for her egg-sac (there's a new fetish I haven't heard of... god I don't wanna try searching that, though...)- Spider-Man fights her with his new "stingers", which are revealed to only come out when he fights people "aligned with chaos and darkness" like Ero & Morlun, and her sac is shot by Betty Brant (who was dating Flash at the time). Spider-Man lures her into an aviary, which causes her demise- the birds attack, consuming all but one of his spiders, which is then squashed by Spidey.

-Ero is made entirely of Spiders, which is thankfully something I've statted before (how many times can someone say THAT?), making her very similar to one-off foe The Thousand.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 pm Thanks for doing these, Jab! My son is pretty excited that he has contributed to your work. :)

Also thanks for the shout-outs for Fight! They are much appreciated.

(And yeah, it is technically Dr. Krash. I was Krash in high school and college, and then I earned a whole mess of letters after my name, so I added the Dr. It's funny to me when people misread it and assume it's an abbreviation for "dark rash".)
No probz- thank him for coming up with new stuff I haven't done. Him & Koroko should keep me busy if I ever truly "finish" Marvel :). Tell him some day he'll be old enough to read ALL of the jokes in my thread!

Yeah, I never used to know your name, as it was all in lowercase- I just kinda mushed the words together as "drash" or "drksh" or whatever, until I actually spelled it all out.