Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Nitro! Nekra & Mandrill! Nocturne! NFL SuperPro!)

Post by Ares »

M4C8 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:45 pm
Ares wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:45 am Heh, I remember G.I.Joe introduced a character called Capt. Gridiron around this time who was also football themed and DID have exploding football grenades.
Thanks, I remembered the toy but couldn't remember his name. Wasn't there also a figure based on the American Footballer the Fridge?
Sure was. His weapon of choice? A weird flail/whip weapon straight out of Castlevania, but with the "head" of the weapon shaped to look like a football.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Quick Kick

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:00 am Image

QUICK KICK (Karl Moore)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Jose Delbo
First Appearance: NFL Superpro #2 (Nov. 1991)
Role: Ex-Partner Turned Villain

-Quick Kick was a short-lived personal nemesis of SuperPro- an old football teammate, Karl Moore was obsessed with being the best, and had a personal rivalry with Phil "SuperPro" Grayfield from their playing days- this being a parallel universe where black athletes aspire to be as good as their white teammates.
Yeah, anyone that knows me knows I don't care much for stereotypes, toxic/regressive SJW nonsense, and so on . . . but if you HAD to make a football themed hero and where actually going to give half a rats ass, why not make him black? Add some more diversity to the universe, maybe force someone to write the book well, be a positive sports role model, etc.

Then again, I wouldn't wish being NFL Superpro on anyone of any race, but still.

Hell, why not go whole hog and have a whole ProStars style team of superheroes themed around different sports. Go really sterotypical, make the golf guy wear a kilt, have read hair and talk with a thick Scottish accent. Make the hockey player put "eh" at the end of every sentence. Make the wrestler act like the Ultimate Warrior.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Instant Replay, THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME!

Post by Jabroniville »

INSTANT REPLAY- THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
First Appearance: NFL Superpro #3 (Dec. 1991)
Role: Failed Assassin
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (93)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Assassin) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Great Endurance, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Replay Uniform" (Flaws: Removable) [13]
"Cut Through Time"
Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (5)
Enhanged Advantages 2: Close Attack 2 (2)

"Returning Blades" Blast 4 (8) -- (9)
  • AE: "Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split) (4)
-- (16 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blades +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Returning Blades +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+6 Costume), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Instant Replay- The Killer Who Can Cut Through Time- kills people for money.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 12 (93)

INSTANT REPLAY- THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME (Real Name Unknown)- Second Appearance
Created By:
First Appearance: NFL Superpro #3 (Dec. 1991)
Role: Failed Assassin
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (159)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Assassin) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Great Endurance, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Merged With Uniform"
"Cut Through Time"
Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) [5]
Enhanged Advantages 2: Close Attack 2 [2]

"Returning Blades" Blast 4 (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split) (4)
Summon Duplicates 7 (Extras: 8 Duplicates +6, Horde) [63]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blades +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Returning Blades +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+6 Costume), Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Instant Replay- The Killer Who Can Cut Through Time- kills people for money.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 79 / Defenses: 12 (159)

-Instant Replay, THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME, is announced by Marco Sanzionare in SuperPro #2, boasting about him being "The killer who can CUT THROUGH TIME!". Appearing in one of the most generic "Spy Suit" outfits in history, his gimmick is that he can time-travel short distances, which basically just looks like teleportation. This allowed him to get the jump on SuperPro a couple of times, but the hero very quickly overcame Instant Replay, THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME, when the villain overdid the same move too many times, SuperPro anticipated it, and threw him into some electrical equipment. The resulting explosion short-circuited his armor and tossed him through time with an agonized scream.

-Instant Replay, THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME, actually appeared one more time, having been driven to insanity after being merged with his suit. Now able to form doubles of himself thanks to timestream shenanigans, he surrounds SuperPro, but is against tossed into something, this time causing him to explode.

-This guy is so ridiculous. First off, his name is a pun on sports. Second... he's a Jobber Villain... whose power is TIME TRAVEL. And he uses it to commit low-graded ASSASSINATIONS? Like, Looten Plunder's shittier cousin can afford this guy? Where in the hell did he get that outfit? The guys who carry TIME MACHINES on them are people like Doctor Doom, Thanos and Cable- not low-grade douchenozzles like this dude. This makes no sense.

-Despite being a Time Traveller, Instant Replay, THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME, is a jobber, unable to even defeat SuperPro in repeated chances, and that's WITH the powerful Summon ability showcased in his final appearance!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Yeah, I LOVE comics, but a random assassin having access to a time travel teleport suit is just . . . what?! I mean, at the very least, have it being loaned to him by some other science big wig where he tests it as some kind of super prototype. This goes way beyond Weather Wizard lucking into a weather control device and using it to rob banks.

I did like the name Instant Replay tho. And I love the constant including his tag line (which is pretty cool as far as tag lines go) every time his name is mentioned made me chuckle.

KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Seriously, THE KILLER WHO CAN CUT THROUGH TIME is a pretty badass title.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Ares wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:18 pm Yeah, I LOVE comics, but a random assassin having access to a time travel teleport suit is just . . . what?! I mean, at the very least, have it being loaned to him by some other science big wig where he tests it as some kind of super prototype. This goes way beyond Weather Wizard lucking into a weather control device and using it to rob banks.
It might well speak more to the state of superhero universes as a whole that having time travel just or a weather control device isn't that big a deal if robbing banks or being a random hit man really is the best that those criminals can manage. A setting that really explored the implications of that would be an interesting thought experiment, though maybe not one I'd regularly read.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

GI Joe was all over the place when it came to sports: two American football guys, a baseball guy, wrestler, they had intended to have Rocky be a part of the team, a basketball guy... I don't remember any hockey guys.

Nick had a superhero lite show for a few seasons call NFL Rush Zone. I never saw anything but commercials for it.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:45 pm GI Joe was all over the place when it came to sports: two American football guys, a baseball guy, wrestler, they had intended to have Rocky be a part of the team, a basketball guy... I don't remember any hockey guys.

Nick had a superhero lite show for a few seasons call NFL Rush Zone. I never saw anything but commercials for it.
Sports and sports personalities are a popular resource for superhero concepts for some reason. It even bled into Doctor Who over here with Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor adopting a whole cricket-based motif.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Holy Hell! Scots Dragon! It's been a dog's age. Neat to see you here :). Where ya been?
Jabroniville

The Happy Campers

Post by Jabroniville »

THE HAPPY CAMPERS
-These guys are a band of one-shot losers who appeared in one SuperPro issue, gaining stupid super-powers as a result of some kind of energy ray. At least they're SUPPOSED to be jokes, but wow, are these guys terrible.

THE GIRTH ("Tubby" Walsh)
Created By:
Buzz Dixon & Jose Delbo
First Appearance: NFL Superpro #10 (July 1992)
Role: The Worst Hero Group of All-Time, The Fat Guy
Group Affiliations: The Happy Campers
PL 4 (30)
STRENGTH
2/6 STAMINA 3 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Expertise (Government Schedule-8 Clerk) 4 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Fatty-Fatty Boombalatty"
Protection 3 (Flaws: Limited to Stomach) [1.5]
"Gut Strength" Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaws: Limited to Stomach) [4]
Features 2: Increased Mass +2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Gut +2 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +3 (+6 Gut), Fortitude +3, Will +1

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)
Prejudice (Big Fat Guy)- "Tubby" is enormously obese, and is thus subject to ridicule in society.

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 7--3.5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 7.5 / Defenses: 4 (30)

-The Girth is a big, fat black dude who uses his giant stomach as a weapon. Apparenly the Legion of Substitute-Heroes was busy, so he ended up here.

THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR (J. Pennington Pennypacker)
Created By:
Buzz Dixon & Jose Delbo
Role: The Worst Hero Group of All-Time, Blaster
PL 4 (34)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Certified Public Accountant) 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Projecting Pennies" Blast 4 (Extras: Multiattack) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +1 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Pennies +4 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +0, Fortitude +3, Will +1

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 9 (34)

-The Almighty Dollar shoots pennies out of his hands. Apparently that is his dream.

THE CALCULCATOR (Kwong Dae)
Created By:
Buzz Dixon & Jose Delbo
Role: The Worst Hero Group of All-Time, Racial Stereotype
PL 4 (46)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 0/5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Actuary) 4 (+7)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Assess All Situations and Gain Best Possible Result"
Enhanced Fighting 5 [10]
Enhanced Advantages 10: Close Attack 3, Improved Defense, Ranged Attack 4 [10]
Senses 4 (Precognition) [4]
Enhanced Dodge 4 & Parry 2 [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +0, Fortitude +3, Will +1

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 4 (46)

-The Calculator is an Asian dude who's an actuary (I only know what that is because of Kim Possible), predicting risks in various ventures. His power is actually hilariously-similar to Amadeus Cho's (is Greg Pak a closet SuperPro fan?), and BOTH of them are Koreans! He's basically got Cho Lite powers, giving him boosted fighting ability, because he can guess the dangers of certain movements.

THE STREAK (Frank Moody)
Created By:
Buzz Dixon & Jose Delbo
Role: The Worst Hero Group of All-Time, Speedster
PL 4 (43)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Mortician) 5 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+1)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Super-Speed"
Enhanced Advantages 2: Improved Defense, Improved Initiative [2]
Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
Immunity 1 (Air Friction) [1]
"Speed Punch" Strength-Damage +3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Speed Punch +4 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +1, Fortitude +3, Will +1

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 11 (43)

-The Streak is, if anything, a WORSE name for a Super-Speedster than The Whizzer is! Amazing, I know.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 pm Holy Hell! Scots Dragon! It's been a dog's age. Neat to see you here :). Where ya been?
Yeah! Welcome back!
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 pm Holy Hell! Scots Dragon! It's been a dog's age. Neat to see you here :).
greycrusader wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 pm Yeah! Welcome back!
Thanks! :D
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 pm Where ya been?
The AD&D fandom mostly. I kinda drifted away from M&M during the unpleasantness leading up to RoninArmy's recent issues, and then it took me a while to get around to signing up properly here when I got back into the system.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Scots Dragon wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 pm Holy Hell! Scots Dragon! It's been a dog's age. Neat to see you here :).
greycrusader wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 pm Yeah! Welcome back!
Thanks! :D
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:45 pm Where ya been?
The AD&D fandom mostly. I kinda drifted away from M&M during the unpleasantness leading up to RoninArmy's recent issues, and then it took me a while to get around to signing up properly here when I got back into the system.
And I thought you were in hiding because it is dragon season and idiots won't stop asking for your claw clippings and shed scales to trick friends with. :lol:
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Psistrike wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:36 pm And I thought you were in hiding because it is dragon season and idiots won't stop asking for your claw clippings and shed scales to trick friends with. :lol:
>.>

<.<

You know too much.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

I told him , my fault :oops:

I do crazy stuff like that :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories