The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Cyber-Samurai, Lady of the Eternal Winter)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
bsdigitalq

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Maximum! Capt. Fireball! Selkie! Mr. Black!)

Post by bsdigitalq »

Really like the old school Black Fox, and the way that there's been a lot of successors over the decades. I would be curious to see how each one looks compared to the others, both in terms of visuals and looks. Makes me think I should expand things out a bit with my Night Stalker, instead of having just the four incarnations so far.

I also like the new Black Fox, though I confess I'm more intrigued by what you've teased of his rogues gallery than anything else. Not so sure about the intentionally old school look though- he kind of seems anachronistic, like there should be something indicating that he's a modern, contemporary take on the original, rather than simply looking like his ancestor. But I suppose folks who're bigger on Golden Age/Pulp style characters won't mind.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool! I think I'll draw something like that tonight.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Alright! All done:

Regarding Travis wearing the antiquated uniform of his great-grandfather, it's a deliberate thing. While I imagined the others "updating" the look to each era, Travis's father was such a disaster in the uniform that I figure Travis would be compelled to "bring it back". Plus, as kind of a "hard-luck hero", whose enemies are usually gangsters and weirdos, I figure the look is appropriate. It sort of ends up as a "classic" look, deliberately-old-fashioned, telling stories that could almost fit any era.

I made the "middle generations", including Richard III, when he started out, more "classic super-hero". The Hal Jordan domino mask and skin-tight outfit seems like something Gil Kane mighta drawn, while the sleeker look of the '80s (dig the difference in belts) fits Victoria & Richard III. As Richard gets bigger, he more-closely resembles a character I created in the '90s called "Bomber" who was a Punisher knock-off. He REALLY fits the decade, sporting a bandana-style mask, shoulder pads, body hair and a gun I had to redraw completely three goddamn times because CHRIST do I hate drawing firearms.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Fox's Rogues

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BLACK FOX'S ROGUES:
-As a New York-based superhero, The Black Fox could be expected to be reasonably busy. However, unlike many, he puts a particular focus on organized crime, from robbers, pimps and drug-pushes, all the way up the chain. Though many heroes fight the symptoms of crime, few have the investigative ability or durability to go all the way up the ladder. New York, as of the present time, has splintered the grip of the Mafia and the more old-school gangs, though they are still around. In the wake of this came anarchy, as various splinter gangs have popped up all over the place, redrawing old alliances and for the first time, including multiple ethnicities within the same group.

-The new gangs are led by a rotating band of rogues of varied origins, though many have physical deformities or noticeable traits of some sort. Though some are killed and others imprisoned, a core group has formed. Most of them actively dislike each other, but frequently have "sit-downs" to splice out territory or scheme against the Black Fox, who's made his presence known and hampered many of their operations. Many engage in the use of deathtraps and other modern accouterments of crime, while others hire hitmen as odd-looking as they are.

-The primary gangsters in New York City include Boss Orc, Charlie the Torso, Cardia St. Miller, and Gangsterbot.

Jab's Notes: One thing I wanted to do was give The Black Fox a series of deformed gangsters in the vein of Dick Tracy, whose famous rogues led to the creation of Batman's. Guys like Flattop, The Blank and others became household names in the 1930s when Chester Gould was at his peak, but Gould was unafraid to kill most of his bad guys, necessitating the creation of new ones. So I wanted something similar, though perhaps slightly-less prone to early demises or interchangeability. So I used a combination of Noir Detective stuff, Dick Tracy, and good old-fashioned comic books tropes to form a curious band of weirdos.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Boss Orc

Post by Jabroniville »

BOSS ORC (Arrgh the Mighty)
Hgt:
6'4" Wgt: 320 lbs.
Role: Savage Powerhouse, Crime Boss
PL 8 (115)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Deception 6 (+6)
Expertise (War) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 10 (+10)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 3 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 2 (+10)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 3 (Crimeboss), Diehard, Equipment 3 (Automatic Weapon), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Axe), Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative, Startle, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown

Powers:
"Greenskin Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute, Extended & Accurate Scent) [5]
Regeneration 1 (Feats: Regrowth) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Gun +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Boss Orc wishes for power and dominance rather than mere greed- however, the easiest way to gain power is via Crime cartels these days, not military Warlording, especially in the United States.
Disabled (Nearsighted)- Though they can see well in the dark, Orcs, like most Greenskins, have difficulty spotting objects more than fifty feet away. If something gives off no scent, they are pretty hampered.
Temper- Boss Orc maintains an aura of calm and style, but can be easily-angered by insults or taunts, and can be thrown into foolish situations if this gets out of control.
Responsibility (Mork & Gork)- Boss Orc still actively-worships the Orc Gods, sacrificing frequently to them. However, he sees little evidence of them on Earth, save for mankind's natural savagery.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 14 (115)

-Boss Orc was a vicous Orc Warrior in the otherworldly dimension of Castellia. He had moved up from the "Boyz" to the "Big 'Uns", and was eventually the Warlord of his own Clan after butchering the previous Boss in a bar brawl. Rechristening himself Arrgh the Mighty, he declared a "Waaugh!" against a nearby Human civilization, and rampaged across the land. However, a band of teen superheroes from Earth was teleported into the same region by chance, and they backed up the Humans (and their Elf & Dwarf allies), and fought off the horde of Greenskins, stopping Arrgh in his tracks. However, as the teens were able to transport themselves back to Earth, they found unexpected guests- Aargh and three of his Orc allies had accidentally been taken with them!

-The Orcs found they could not be returned home, and so hid away to live their own lives. Two of the Orcs were killed in exchanges with the police after killing human civilians. Another made a decent living as a professional "LARP" player, hiring himself out to various roleplaying groups as an NPC villain of some repute. He was arrested after a tragic incident involving some PTSD and things getting "too real" in a battle, resulting in the deaths of several weakly-armed players.

-Only Arrgh managed to succeed in his new vocation: discovering that the world had little need for MORE fairly-strong brutes with melee weapons (despite his great power, he was small beans on a world of Class 50 Powerhouses), he decided to make a living as a Crimeboss. He moved his way up from enforcer (to more open-minded bosses), to bodyguard, to elite Sub-Boss, until he was finally able to topple his Don and become "Boss Orc", one of the "Godfathers" of New York's underworld. There, he became a recurring foe of The Black Fox and other urban vigilantes.

-Boss Orc exudes a sense of calm and personal style (wearing a pinstriped suit and fancy fedora), eschewing Orc stereotypes of brutish thugs, but it's all a "costume" for his true nature- Arrgh is still a vicious, nasty piece of work, and easily flies into berserker rages that can kill subordinates if left unchecked.

Jab's Notes: Of course Castellia and the Jabverse are part of the same Multiverse :). One of the early Rogues I came up with was Boss Orc- what would happen if a particularly crafty Orc ended up in modern times in a superhero-verse? Well, he'd probably move up as an enforcer and take power the Orc-y way- slaughtering his boss in a fight, then taking over. With his physical prowess, he's easily a match for the PL 8 Black Fox, and he's learned enough of modern ways to keep himself away from prison (not that he wouldn't be the top dog there- he'd Adebisi any bitches fool enough to screw with him).
Jabroniville

Cardia St. Miller

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

CARDIA ST. MILLER
Hgt:
8'6" Wgt: 410 lbs.
Role: Femme Fatale, Giant Lady, Crimeboss
PL 8 (115)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 4 (+8, +13 Attractive)
Expertise (Criminal) 10 (+13)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+7)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit 3 (Crimeboss), Diehard, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative, Startle, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Near-Giantess" Reach 1 [1]
"Long Strides" Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)
Enemy (The Black Fox)- Though intrigued by the new hero, Cardia doesn't like the wrench he often throws into her plans.
Rivalry (Other Mob Bosses)- New York is presently up for grabs, and the city's underworld don't often play nicely with each other.
Disabled/Reputation (Giantess)- Cardia St. Miller is more than eight feet tall, and is exceptionally good-looking. She cannot pass for another person, and is instantly recognizable, even from hundreds of feet away. Her massive height is also a liability in terms of health; giants do not live as long as normal people, and though currently healthy, her legs could fall apart in her later years.
Responsibility (Giant)- Cardia, though the picture of self-assurance and cool, is extremely sensitive about her "freakish" appearance. She dislikes spending large amounts of time standing up around others, and surrounds herself with henchmen who are generally of gigantic proportion themselves. She generally does not flout her height unless it's to intimidate or stagger others.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 9 (115)

-Cardia St. Miller is the daughter of New York's late Mob Boss, Antonio "Bloody Tony" St. Miller. Tony had three children, though Cardia was rarely seen by others after her sixth birthday- the girl hit an unexpected growth spurt that left her nearly six feet tall by the time she was eight years old. Fearing for her health (giants do not generally live long lives), Tony hid her away and put the best medical teams onto her care. Though her height rapidly increased, medical intervention was able to prevent many of the health problems befalling her people- despite growing to a near-record height of 8'6" (easily the tallest woman in history, and only five inches short of the male record as well), she had numerous surgeries that kept her joints intact, prevented deformities of her face and skeleton, and more.

-Cardia returned to New York after a life in exile in Europe- the impetus for this was the demise of her father, who was killed fighting the fifth Black Fox (Richard Clamency III). With her brother imprisoned and her sister uninterested in the mob life, Cardia took control of her father's operations after a few bloody months of struggle. The new Black Fox, Travis Clamency, arrived on the scene to find the mob falling into order, and made it his business to uncover the identity of this mysterious new "Lady Boss". He was stunned, upon breaking into her penthouse apartment, to discover that his target was in fact a woman of titanic proportions! Though she spent most of the meeting flirting with him, she soon attacked, defeating the hero easily thanks to her incredible reach and gigantic strength. Beaten and embarrassed, Travis planned better next time, and began taking down side operations. The two have since engaged in a cat & mouse game of flirtation (usually she flirts with him, flustering the easily-flustered hero, who lacks his father's "cool under pressure" personality), one-upsmanship, and clandestine operations. Cardia is the most powerful of New York's Mob Bosses (the Black Fox's Rogues Gallery), but that position is often up for grabs.

Jab's Notes: Yes, this is absolutely related to the fact that I totally find tha idea SO HAWT. I mean, come on. Plus, I think it suits the "weirdness" of a comic book world to have something that's only a LITTLE bit unrealistic. Though a giantess, she's actually not even the tallest person ever, so it's within the realm of possibility, especially with a rich father to pay for the medical bills, for a woman to be 8'6" and still be healthy. And "only slightly over the top" is PERFECT for comics. And at 8'6", she easily stands out in a crowd, doesn't need a weird outfit or otherwise-distinctive appearance, and becomes iconic simply by virtue of her size. Plus, how many "Femme Fatale" characters could beat the ever-loving piss out of the male hero by virtue of sheer size and reach advantage?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bsdigitalq

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Mr. Black! The Black Fox! Boss Orc! Cardia!)

Post by bsdigitalq »

Woo! Okay, let's do this!

-I really dig the lineage of the Black Fox and how the legacy has evolved over the years. I think my personal favs are Dick Jr. and Victoria. I guess I'm just not that big into that Golden Age archetype of the Masked Trenchcoat Two-Fister. So on the modern one being that way, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)

-Boss Orc's funny, though I'd be curious to see your own drawn take of him, instead of the photo you've used to stand in for the character. It's a nice set of contrasts, with the brute trying to be more tasteful and stylish.

-I think Cardia's my favorite so far, just because the whole notion of this beautiful giantess is just something utterly different for this type of genre. In another setting she might not be too unusual, but here her size alone lets her stand out, regardless of what she wears. I think it would be funny to see her and Boss Orc together, with her looking down on him like she is with Fox in that one pic.
Jabroniville

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Mr. Black! The Black Fox! Boss Orc! Cardia!)

Post by Jabroniville »

I thought I found a "Pimp Orc" pic that was perfect, but then I saw it was too small, so I scrambled on DA to find one. I can draw one myself once I go out and buy more paper :).

Yeah, Cardia's my favorite, too. Shocker, I know.
Jabroniville

Gangsterbot

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

Image approximation.

GANGSTERBOT (aka Killotron-9000)
Hgt:
6'3" Wgt: 290 lbs.
Role: Robotic Crimeboss
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+12)
Expertise (History) 7 (+12)
Insight 10 (+14)
Perception 4 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Equipment 3 (Automatic Weapon), Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Seize Initiative, Startle, Ranged Attack 10, Takedown

Powers:
"Kill-O-Bot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
Senses 4 (Infravision, Microvision, Extended & Accurate Hearing) [4]
"Super-Calculator" Quickness 6 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Actions) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Gun +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Victory)- Gangsterbot wishes victory in all things- very quickly, it ascertained that victory was best achieved by having the most material wealth, and the most power. The most efficient way to accumulate both was through illegal means.
Enemy (The Black Fox)
Rivalry (Rival Crime Lords)
Vulnerable (Helpless Periods)- A robot of his age requires regular upkeep, and thus Gangsterbot can go offline at times, requiring careful help in order to be fixed. He has a few lieutenants he considers trustworthy enough for this purpose, but generally has back-up just in case (hitmen are hired to assassinate his henchmen if Gangsterbot himself doesn't wake up, and he makes sure his men know this).

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 8 (118)

-Gangsterbot started out as a standard Kill-O-Bot many years ago- built by a Mad Scientist with a desire to Show Them All, the super-strong robot used a handful of weapons to challenge the 1980s hero Firebeam, but was defeated, badly burned. Left in storage for years, it was uncovered by a government agent who decided to make a quick buck, selling it to some Mafia goons who needed a good enforcer. The robot was good at his job, but the boss wanted something smarter. So they stole a computer program used for playing advanced chess and making calculations, and implanted it into the robot. Now, ordinarily this would be idiotic and the two operating systems would be nowhere near compatible, but somehow it worked like a charm.

-The new robot, dubbed "Gangsterbot" by the mob, was now intelligent enough to plan hits, lead a crew, and more... but it was also dangerously ambitious. Able to calculate moves and predict things well ahead of time, Gangsterbot plotted which lieutenants were likely to be loyal to him, and exterminated the rest. Taking control of his portion of the mob, Gangsterbot craves more and more power... and that means money.

-Recognizing that, though he's much more powerful than a normal human, he's small potatoes as far as Kill-O-Bots go, Gangsterbot doesn't engage in petty fisticuffs with just anyone, and tries not to challenge superheroes. Instead, he plots from behind the scenes, planning out hits to the last detail. He is currently in competition with rival crimelords for the entire New York pie, and is easily the least-seen and most mysterious (many of his agents have no idea they're working for a machine).

Jab's Notes: Another early idea, Gangsterbot is just... a robot gangster. Though I came up with a few wrinkles, like his innocuous origin (there are HUNDREDS of robots out there like this- much like in real comics), his computer-like planning ability (owing to massive Insight), and his Vulnerable Complication.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Horsenhero

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Black Fox! Boss Orc! Cardia! Gangsterbot!)

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay...as a concept, GangsterBot seriously rocks. It's like you took Black Mask and Ultron and mashed them together in an awesome little package.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 pm Okay...as a concept, GangsterBot seriously rocks. It's like you took Black Mask and Ultron and mashed them together in an awesome little package.
Hah- thanks! I don't know that much about Black Mask- I just kind of gathered stuff together to see what I could come up with in regards to origins. I'm still partial to the 8'6" chick, naturally :).
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:29 pm Okay...as a concept, GangsterBot seriously rocks. It's like you took Black Mask and Ultron and mashed them together in an awesome little package.
Hah- thanks! I don't know that much about Black Mask- I just kind of gathered stuff together to see what I could come up with in regards to origins. I'm still partial to the 8'6" chick, naturally :).
Well Cardia is cool AF, but I don't share the same "giant woman" fetish that really sets her (figuratively) head and shoulders above other crime lord concepts.
Jabroniville

Charlie the Torso

Post by Jabroniville »

CHARLIE THE TORSO (Charles DeVito)
Hgt:
3'8" (formerly 6'1") Wgt: 120 lbs.
Role: Deformed Crime Boss
PL 8 (115)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 3 AGILITY -3
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Crime Boss) 10 (+11)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Mounted Guns) 8 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Crime Boss), Daze (Intimidation), Equipment 8, Improved Initiative, Fascinate (Intimidation), Startle

Equipment:
"Wheelchair"
Enhanced Defenses 5 (10)
Speed 2 (8 mph) (2)
"Gas Mask" (1)
"Guns" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (24) -- (26)
  • AE: "Knock-Out Gas" Affliction 7 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (14)
  • AE: "Power Drills" Damage 4 (Feats: Accurate 5) (9)
Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 21)
Power Drills +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Knock-Out Gas +7 Area (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Guns +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (+5 Chair, DC 15), Parry +0 (+5 Chair, DC 15), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Disabled (Crippled)- Charlie has no arms and no legs- he cannot move under his own power (aside from "rolling" or "short hopping"), nor use any tools or weapons not directly attached to his chair.
Motivation (Greed & Power)- Charlie runs a dangerous gang.
Enemy (Rival Crimebosses)- Boss Orc, Cardia St. Miller and others are on Charlie's hit list.
Enemy (The Black Fox)

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (115)

-Charlie the Torso started life as a particularly-vicious enforcer of a powerful Mafia figure. When the gang rubbed up against the Russian Mafia, he was captured, tortured, and had his left arm removed. Escaping, he strangled the Russian Don ("Bratva", technically), using his severed arm's clenched fist, earning himself a dangerous reputation. As One-Armed Charlie, he moved up to Underboss, but lost his left leg via an automatic Tommy Gun in a rival's car. Using crutches, he was still quite the careful plotter, but cancer took his right leg. Finally, he was made Mafia Don, and set his sights on The Black Fox. However, the Fox outsmarted Charlie, beat up his goons, and destroyed his chair- Charlie was forced to watch as, unbeknowst to the hero, the gas that kept his chair moving ignited, setting fire to his last remaining limb.

-Being broken out of jail by his loyal goons, Charlie, now limbless, made moves to execute the rivals squabbling for his position- he became Charlie the Torso, and more feared than ever. Despite being unable to actually hurt anyone without his chair, he was a natural at intimidation, and had respect for his established toughness (people came to see him as invincible, still "kicking" after all these maladies), making powerful people want to do his bidding. He is one of The Black Fox's most-implacable and constant enemies.

-Charlie fits most "Mafia Boss" stereotypes- a bad accent, a penchant for Italianisms, a pinstripe suit, a hat from the 1930s, and a "Gangster's Moll" named Veruca, whose annoying nasal voice (she calls him "CHAW-ley!") and "knockout figya" make her a distinctive person at meetings with the Don. She also acts as a nurse and maid to the fairly-helpless Charlie.

Jab's Notes: One of the more mean-spirited deformities, a quadruple-amputee that nonetheless rules his gang with an iron... stump? He's basically exactly like the Ventriloquist if he was a person instead of a dummy- intimidating despite his tiny nature. It'd be a funny gag to see his gang run around scared of him, given that he literally couldn't pick himself up if he fell over.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Finally drew a pic of the whole group. Who is who should hopefully be obvious :).
Jabroniville

Johnny Two-Bad

Post by Jabroniville »

JOHNNY TWO-BAD (Gianni "Johnny" and Augustus "Gus" Marcuzzi)
Hgt:
6'0" Wgt: 210 lbs.
Role: Conjoined Twin Crook, Bad Twin and Good Twin in One Body
PL 8 (107)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+5)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Criminal) 10 (+12)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 4 (+10)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Equipment 3 (Automatic Weapons +5), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Two Heads"
"Gus Skills" Skills 6: Expertise (History) 4 (+6), Persuasion 2 (+6) [3]
Enhanced Advantages 2: Second Chance (Perception Checks, Mind Control) [2]
Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Guns +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)
Enemy (The Black Fox)
Rivalry (Other Mob Bosses)- New York is presently up for grabs, and the city's underworld don't often play nicely with each other.
Responsibility (Good Twin)- Though Johnny is a vicious, greedy, larcenous man, his twin brother Gus, who shares his body, is a good-natured, peaceful person who doesn't like that Johnny forces them into a life of crime. Gus lacks the confidence to take control of Johnny, but during times of incredible effort or high stress, he can can control of "his half", and prevent Johnny from using half of their shared body.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 9 (107)

-Johnny Two-Bad is one of the strangest gangsters in New York City- he retains control of a significant portion of what was once the Five Families, despite being a conjoined twin! Johnny controls their shared body, but the head next to him belongs to Gus, a kind-hearted, good-natured man forced to share in Johnny's villainy and murder. His whining pleas for mercy are responded with brutally, as Johnny (who has been the bossier, meaner sibling since childhood, where he would take control of the body to beat up those who taunted them, leaving Gus feeling weak and helpless) brooks little complaint from anyone. Big and strong, Johnny became an enforcer (Gus's warnings made carrying out hits difficult), eventually taking control when he whacked his boss while Gus was asleep next to him.

-Johnny is cruel, vicious and responds quickly to insult, and lives out 1940s stereotypes of gangster behavior. Only during extreme situations can Gus regain control of his half of their shared body- the first time he'd done so in years was during their first encounter with the Black Fox- Johnny had gagged Gus, and snuck up on the hero in an attempt to garrote him, but Gus took control and started pummelling Johnny, leaving the Fox to look on stunned as the two beat each other/themselves unconscious. Johnny avoided prison time, and didn't really take vengeance on Gus (what was he going to do? Have him whacked?), but manages to hold on to his seat of power.

Jab's Notes: Another of the early ideas for the Fox Rogues, Johnny Two-Bad is what I thought was an original idea: conjoined twin mobsters, one of whom could be killed, rotting slowly while the other one remains alive. However, I would read the first trade of DC's "Hitman", and find myself shocked to see that VERY SAME IDEA, which is so specific that I either read that years ago and retained it, ripping it off by accident... or Garth Ennis and I share the exact same sick sense of humor. I'm not sure which one I prefer.

-In any case, Johnny Two-Bad gained the "gimmick" that his twin was a good guy (similar to one of the background Sinestro Corps members- as the middle guy on a three-faced villain is good, forced to watch the other two commit evil)- but a wimp who was easily controlled by Johnny. The rare moments that Gus takes control would be "Crowning Moment of Awesome" bits of business. Johnny is a good, strong fighter, but not quite as good as the Black Fox.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.