The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by Bladewind »

kirinke wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:32 pm With Luck Points, are you going to treat them like hero points or just standard reroll?
In general, like HP. For you... just reroll. :lol:

(Like HP unless I feel it gets abusive...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm * So, the Ziggurat is a Real Threat (TM) with exactly what you expect because it fits the scenario I set up. I particularly like the fact that you chose to not explore it. I was prepared if you did, but actually was hoping from a game standpoint that you wouldn`t...
:D yeah some of us have been to that rodeo and the tee shirt is a bloody mess ;)

Crap 3PP I suck at spending those :) Not that I'm giving them way of anything, I just rarely plan ahead on spending them lol
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:13 am Crap 3PP I suck at spending those :) Not that I'm giving them way of anything, I just rarely plan ahead on spending them lol
You'd mentioned faerie fire or other 'drowish' things.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I plan on spending at least 2 on pokemon alts. Dunno what. Grass/Something and or Fire something mebbe. I've always been fond of Vulpix, Growlithe and Budew. I'll have to ponder it.

Pikachu is a right terror in play I think.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I finished spending Niisha's xp. I notated the changes on her sheet.
kirinke

Amy's Build: The most Current Version

Post by kirinke »

Okay, here is Amy's rewritten build (Mark 2), I tweaked some things so I could get a decent 3rd summon for her, which will be an Azurill. Right now, it's only a summon 3, which takes into account that it is still a 'baby' unevolved pokemon.

Notes on the build
'Dex holders seem to be a cut above normal trainers, even when they're starting out. Given that they will be traveling through some rough country and possibly encountering some equally rough characters, it stands to reason that they will have some extra training that your generic pokemon trainer wouldn't have. As far as being a pokemon trainer and dex holder, it seems to be the equivalent of being a marshal with the old 'a-kicking equals authority' thing going on.

Pokeballs aren't exactly common yet at least not over in the states, so most trainers tend to keep a small team of critters, instead of boxes and boxes of them. In fact, most trainers (in the 'states at least) don't even bother with pokeballs, instead preferring to befriend their critters, rather than catching them.

There are places that are starting up Gyms, especially out in the more remote or sparsely populated regions/areas, mainly for survival purposes against the really bad things that are now out there. Places like Alaska would definitely count as 'remote' and sparsely populated.

The pokemon fighting thing has come up now and again (with organizations like PETA decrying it), but the pokemon themselves have made it quite plain they like it (as it makes them stronger) and it's really ludicrous to think that humans could really make them do anything they didn't want to do. For them, it is a symbiotic partnership built on mutual respect. They'd let their human partner know if they were unhappy with things. So any attempts at stopping it hasn't had much traction or success, though regulating it and putting rules in place (to keep the mayhem to a minimum) have naturally happened. For example to actually become a trainer, you have to take classes and graduate from said classes before you can have a pokemon.

Also, most Pokémon seem to be just as intelligent as humans and some far exceed the intelligence of most humans (Alakazam for example). For these 'starter' Pokémon, I've kept them at average human intelligence.

Amaryllis (Amy) Cináed Michaels - Pokemon Trainer PL 6/131PP
BACKGROUND
It's a big dangerous world out there for everyone really. When the merge happened, untold numbers of creatures, both dangerous and benign descended on the earth and made it their home, putting everyone at risk, either by design or by accident. In some places, the only way to survive was to ally with powerful creatures called...
Pokémon.

Amaryllis was an ordinary young girl living up in the wild's of Alaska before the merge. Though due to that, she learned a lot on how to survive in the wilds from her family. After the merge, though, monsters began haunting the land and she managed to befriend one. A Pikachu she named Peekaboo. Around the same time, she discovered her own latent psychic abilities awakening and went to seek training for them. When she did, Homeland security approached her.

COMPLICATIONS

KID: Amaryllis is a fourteen year old kid, though a frighteningly competent one with all of the usual complications that go in with that.

FORCE ENIGMA. Neither Dark nor light, and not even Gray. Amy registers as Force Sensitive to those with those sensitivities. And just as a those that follow the tenets of Light and Dark can succumb to the Dark Side, Amy makes a tempting target for a Dark Sider to sink their machinations into. Using her powers sometimes attracts the presence of Dark Side users, or worse.

RESPONSIBILITY: She knows she has an awful lot of power and her pokemon are quite powerful as well. With all of that power, she knows she has to be careful not to misuse it or have it misused by others.

ABILITIES
Strength 0, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Intellect 2, Awareness 0, Presence 2
PP 26

DEFENSES
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6
PP 16

ADVANTAGES
Benefit: Pokemon Trainer (Dex Holder),Close Attack 5, Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Ranged Attack 5. Equipment 1.
PP 15

SOCIAL ADVANTAGES
Contacts
Teamwork

SKILLS
1(6) Acrobatics
0(3) Athletics
2(5) Expertise: Survival
2(6) Expertise: Popular Culture
2(5) Caving (Spelunking)
2(5) Technology
0(5) Insight
2(5) Investigation
0(6) Perception
2(6) Persuasion
1(7) Stealth
2(5) Treatment
PP 16

Equipment
Holy Symbol. Multi Tool. Survival Gear.

GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL
12PP Pikachu Electric Pokémon (Peekaboo): Summon 6
12PP Umbreon Dark Pokémon (Alma): Summon 6
08PP Azurill-Water Pokemon (Ren): Summon 4
PP 32

PSYCHIC POWERS ARRAY
Enough is Enough: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged, Precise)
Mind speaking: Mental Communication 3, statewide or across a small nation (Subtle: encrypted) Senses: Senses 2 (Linked; Detect: Minds 2: ranged)
Healing: Healing 6 (Stabilize)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6 (DC 16; Subtle: subtle)
Mind Shield : Impervious Will 6 (just adds impervious to her will when she has it active)
Telekenetic Blast: Damage 6 (DC 21; Accurate 2: +4, Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Increased Range: ranged)
Telekinesis: Shapeable Area Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Precise)
Tongues
Comprehend: Comprehend 7 (Linked; Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Spirits - Communicate), Senses: Senses 2 (Linked; Detect: spirits 2: ranged)
PP 26

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 8)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 6 (DC Will 16),
Telekinesis: Move Object 6, +6 (DC 16),
Telekinetic Blast: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Enough is Enough! (DC 21; TK Blast Shapeable area, Increased Range: ranged)
Throw, +6 (DC 13)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 13)

Dex Entry: Whenever Pikachu comes across something new, it blasts it with a jolt of electricity. If you come across a blackened berry, it's evidence that this Pokémon mistook the intensity of its charge.

Pikachu (Peekaboo) - PL 6

Strength -3, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
Evasion, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 3, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 5

Skills
Acrobatics 5 (+6), Expertise: survival 6 (+6), Insight 6 (+6), Intimidation 6 (+6), Perception 6 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth 1 (+6)

Powers
Electric Powers
Quick Attack: Damage 6 (DC 21)
Thunder Wave: Affliction 6 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types)
Thunder: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types)
Thundershock: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: won't work on ground/rock types)

Pikachu Attributes
Animal Senses: Senses 15 (Acute: hearing, Acute: sight, Acute: smell, Analytical: hearing, Analytical: sight, Analytical: smell, Danger Sense: hearing, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: smell 1: x10, Ultra-hearing)
Electrical Immunity: Immunity 10 (Common Descriptor: Electrical Effects; Limited - Half Effect)
Shrinking: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size rank; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +13
Grab, +1 (DC Spec 7)
Quick Attack: Damage 6, +1 (DC 21)
Throw, +6 (DC 12)
Thunder Wave: Affliction 6, +6 (DC Fort 16)
Thunder: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Thundershock: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 12)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 43 + Advantages 11 + Skills 12 (34 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 90

Dex Entry: With its black fur, it blends into the darkness. It bides its time, and when prey appears, this Pokémon goes for its throat, and then eats it.

Umbreon (Alma) - PL 6

Strength -3, Stamina 6, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 2

Advantages
Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Athletics 8 (+5), Expertise: survival 6 (+6), Perception 0(10), Stealth 4 (+10)

Powers
Dark Pulse: Affliction 6 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Dying, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged)
Bite 6: Damage 6
Moonlight: Healing 6
Dark Blast 6: Blast 6 DC 21

Umbreon Attributes
Animal Senses: Senses 14 (Acute: sight, Acute: hearing, Acute: scent, Analytical: sight, Analytical: hearing, Analytical: scent, Danger Sense: scent, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: scent 1: x10)
Shrinking: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size rank; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +6
Dark Blast: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Dark Pulse: Affliction 6, +6 (DC Fort 16)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 7)
Throw, +6 (DC 12)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 12)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6

ABILITIES
0 STR
3 STA
0 DEX
0 AGL
0 FGT
0 INT
0 AWE
0 PRE
PP 6

DEFENSES
3 DODGE
3 PARRY
3 FORT
3 TOUGH
3 WILL
PP 7

Advantages
Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6
PP 7

Skills
0(3) Insight
0(3) Perception
PP 2

Azurill (Ren) PL 4/60PP
Dex Entry: Azurill's tail is large and bouncy. It is packed full of the nutrients this Pokémon needs to grow. Azurill can be seen bouncing and playing on its big, rubbery tail.

Abilities
Strength 0, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0
PP 10

Advantages
Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4
PP 5

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4, Will 3
PP 5

Skills
Perception 4 (+4)
PP 2

Powers
Azurill Attributes
Air Bubble: Cloud Area Immunity 2 (Suffocation (All); Affects Others, Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 12, Sustained)
Senses: Senses 2 (Danger Sense: Hearing, Extended: Hearing 1: x10)
Shrinking: Shrinking 6 (-1 STR, -3 Intimidate, +6 Stealth, +3 active defenses, -1 size rank; Permanent)
PP 20

Azurill Powers 18
Bubble Beam: Damage 4 (water bubble impact, DC 19; Accurate 3: +6, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 4)
Charm: Affliction 4 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 14)
Hailstorm: Burst Area Damage 4 (Alternate; bludgeoning, DC 19; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 14, Increased Range: ranged, Indirect 2: any point away or fixed point in fixed direction)
Light Screen: Shapeable Area Deflect 4 (Alternate; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 14)

Offense
Initiative +4
Bubble Beam: Damage 4, +10 (DC 19)
Charm: Affliction 4, +0 (DC Will 14)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Hailstorm: Burst Area Damage 4 (DC 19)
Throw, +4 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:25 am, edited 30 times in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Can you go back to the original build and at post a link to this one, assuming you didn't do that already? I prefer not to redo links. Thanks !

Vacation alert. Gone for two weeks. We're at a good point though, a lull between the two arcs. If you want to continue the RP while waiting, and fight minor critters, go for it. Just don't go into the Ziggurat without me... :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Gives me time to tweak Kal and actually look at that character :)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I posted the link. Once you approve it, I'll paste it into the original.

Haven't heard from Neo in a while. Is he okay?

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Hmm. Not sure how to tweak Shannon & Sherlock just yet.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

kirinke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:42 am I posted the link. Once you approve it, I'll paste it into the original.

Haven't heard from Neo in a while. Is he okay?
He's on vacation.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

That's good news! At least he's okay!

Battle Init
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Rats :(

Apparently after further review I discovered my initial build was 2 points over :o

So I just added a spell to his list and called it a day lol :D
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

At a later date, I may swap Hailstorm out for Surf. Which is basically like a Rogue Wave at the low end of the power scale and a Tsunami on the high end. Right now, I don't think a little thing like a Marill should have that sort of power, so Hailstorm will do nicely in the meantime. :twisted:

Water pokemon are great sweepers when leveled up right.

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

kirinke wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:37 am At a later date, I may swap Hailstorm out for Surf. Which is basically like a Rogue Wave at the low end of the power scale and a Tsunami on the high end. Right now, I don't think a little thing like a Marill should have that sort of power, so Hailstorm will do nicely in the meantime. :twisted:

Water pokemon are great sweepers when leveled up right.
Belly Drum Azumarill was literally everywhere last gen.