Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

"... Groovy!"

Post by Jabroniville »

ASH WILLIAMS- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Regular Guy-Turned-Man's Man
Movie Series: Evil Dead
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (S-Mart Employee) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+4)
Initimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Chainsaw +4, Boomstick- Blast +4- Reduced Defenses -1), Ranged Attack 6

Murderous Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack (Weak), Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort (Unleashed), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Power), Startle, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Super Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) [3]

"The Necronomicon" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
"Vortex Spell" Blast 5 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Reduced Defenses -2) (7) -- (9 points)
  • AE: "Zombie Spell" Summon 2 (Extras: Active) (Flaws: Limited to 2 Rounds) (Reduced Defenses -2) (2)
  • AE: "Mini-Ash Spell" Summon 2 (Extras: Active) (Flaws: Limited to 2 Rounds) (Reduced Defenses -2) (3)
Features 1: Adds Weapon-Damage to Special Moves [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Chainsaw +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Moves +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Mini-Ash Spell +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Zombie Spell +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Shotgun +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +10

Complications:
Disabled (A Farewell To Arms)- Okay, yeah, Ash cut off his right hand when it got possessed. He's compensated nicely, managing to jury rig a chainsaw to fit his stump. A good weapon, but maybe refere back to Leatherface. As I also mentioned earlier he made a prosthetic hand from a gauntlet, which gives him a bit more hitting power and allows him to crush things he wouldn't normally be able to (like a metal goblet).
Responsibility (This Is My....BOOMSTICK!)- Ash's favorite weapon though is his trusty 12-Gauge sawed off shotgun. That's right: cobalt blue steel, a chestnut stock, and a hair trigger. The damage Ash unleashes with that sucker is unreal and he never seems to run out of ammo.
Relationship (Give Me Some Sugar, Baby)- Ash likes the ladies and they tend to like him too.
Responsibility ("What'd You Say?")- One drawback of Ash is that he either has a poor short-term memory or just doesn't pay attention when someone gives him a bit of advice on what magic words to use in a situation dealing with the Necronomicon. But he gets it right....mostly...maybe not every last syllable.
Enemy (The %^^&ing Necronomicon)- The book of the dead has been a persistent thorn in Ash's side for a little over 30 years now and he's DAMN sick of it.
Weakness (Predictability)- These guys cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 8 + 10 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 23 (126)

ASH WILLIAMS- Movie Version
Role:
Regular Guy-Turned-Man's Man
Movie Series: Evil Dead
PL 8 (101)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Expertise (S-Mart Employee) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+4)
Initimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Chainsaw +4- Multiattack, Penetrating, Boomstick- Blast +5), Improved Critical (Boomstick) 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Chainsaw +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Shotgun +10 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +10

Complications:
Disabled (A Farewell To Arms)- Okay, yeah, Ash cut off his right hand when it got possessed. He's compensated nicely, managing to jury rig a chainsaw to fit his stump. A good weapon, but maybe refere back to Leatherface. As I also mentioned earlier he made a prosthetic hand from a gauntlet, which gives him a bit more hitting power and allows him to crush things he wouldn't normally be able to (like a metal goblet).
Responsibility (This Is My....BOOMSTICK!)- Ash's favorite weapon though is his trusty 12-Gauge sawed off shotgun. That's right: cobalt blue steel, a chestnut stock, and a hair trigger. The damage Ash unleashes with that sucker is unreal and he never seems to run out of ammo.
Relationship (Give Me Some Sugar, Baby)- Ash likes the ladies and they tend to like him too.
Responsibility ("What'd You Say?")- One drawback of Ash is that he either has a poor short-term memory or just doesn't pay attention when someone gives him a bit of advice on what magic words to use in a situation dealing with the Necronomicon. But he gets it right....mostly...maybe not every last syllable.
Enemy (The %^^&ing Necronomicon)- The book of the dead has been a persistent thorn in Ash's side for a little over 30 years now and he's DAMN sick of it.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 18 (101)

-Groovy. Hailing from Sam Raimi's Evil Dead series comes Mr. Bruce Campbell himself. If you really are so inclined to find out a good deal about the making of the first Evil Dead with a lot of interesting stories then by all means go to Cecil Trachtenberg's Good Bad Flicks. He has at least one video on it.

-Abridged, some college students head into the woods for a weekend getaway. The cabin they occupy was once owned by an archaeologist who was translating his latest find there: the Necronomicon Ex Mortis (or Notorum De Mondo depending on which movie you watch). Loosely translated, it's the Book of the Dead. These mental giants read from it and voila....you have possessing demons flying all over the place.

-Ash here is the sole survivor of the first night and goes into the second night half mad before getting aid from said archaeologist's daughter and a few other people coming up to the cabin. More hilarity ensues until they decide to use the Necronomicon to not only make the evil in the forest corporeal but also open up a vortex and make that sucker someone else's problem. Ash again ends up sole survivor and is also pulled into the portal and finds himself in medieval England where he ends up leading some knights against an army of the dead before heading back to the 20th Century.

-After that we get a remake...which actually isn't a remake at all, it's just a different story set in the same universe. Ash even gets an appearance in the post credits sequence...kinda. And that's it. Oh until 2015 when Ash got his own TV show Ash vs Evil Dead, where he lays the smack down on some roody poo undead menaces alongside Lucy "Flawless" Lawless.

-The only hero of our characters here, Ash is merely a man....BUT WHAT A MAN! Well, truthfully he's somewhat Jack Burton-ish at times (WHY IS THAT NOT A CROSSOVER??!) but despite the regular humiliations he goes through, he's pretty badass. I mean he's a Timex man in that he takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Physically he's in pretty good shape, at least in his prime, and even later on in his show for all the steps he's lost....guy's still pretty tough.
-And he's kinda smart too. Ash was a college student/S-Mart Employee who has at least some knowledge of engineering. After all, he rigged up his sweet custom chainsaw hand, turned his car into a war machine back in the past, built a prosthetic pneumatic hand from a knight's gauntlet, and even had some knowledge on how to make gunpowder. That ain't exactly the chicken feed.

-AND HIS WILL! Seriously, how many people could just cut their hand off with a chainsaw when they found it possessed? You might throw some of that into him being driven half insane from everything (Ash from the first movie is well...kind of an average guy, but by the second he's an half crazy, bad pun spewing, ass kicking MACHINE!). But to add to that....Ash is the only person in any of the Evil Dead movies to actually expel a possessing demon from his body by sheer force of will. Definitely the kind of guy you want at your side when you deal with any of the nasties in Terrordrome.

Jab's Notes: ANOTHER ONE I'VE SEEN! My best friend in High School bought Army of Darkness when we were in High School, and he was in LOVE with it- he pointed out that it played like the perfect video game- different levels, different challenges, etc. Ash fighting an army of clones, facing a skeleton and his army, and even gettint tossed into a Rancor Pit situation with an evil old witch. I saw Evil Dead many years later, and was pretty impressed- it's a pretty good "normal people thrown into crazy shit" flick. Campbell's If Chins Could Kill Autobiography includes a TON of stuff in how they had to scrimp and save for years to make the thing, then most of them got fined for appearing it in without their Screet Actor's Guild credits to save some money :).

-And yeah, what the hell is up with Lucy Lawless. Xena ended like twenty years ago, and she's now ACTUALLY HOTTER than she was in that show (where she was a distant, DISTANT nominee for "hottest" compared with Hudson Leick's "Why Guys Like Crazy Bitches" psychopathic Callisto).

-Bruce Campbell's a fun actor, seemingly aware of how silly his career is, so he plays all of his roles as a Giant Ham, and like he was God's Gift to Women.

-Ash is a bit complicated to figure out in the game, as his Chainsaw is barely a big deal, but his Necronomicon-based stuff definitely is- three of his moves involve it- a Blast (a Vortex that sucks a guy in and spits him out), and two Summons, which I figured I'd actually include, as they help flesh out his Necronomicon Device. They operate in-game like regular Summons, though. Summons in the game seem to function a bit like Blasts- just Ranged Damage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scots Dragon

Re: Jab's Builds! (M.Myers! Pumpkinhead! Chucky! Jason! Ghostface!

Post by Scots Dragon »

Ah, Evil Dead. Now, there is one ridiculously problematic element I could derail the entire thread with again but I'm not going to. I'm just going to say that the first film had a scene involving horticultural elements that was in poor taste, but I otherwise really bloody enjoy the series and it's earned its cult classic status for a damn good reason.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 pm YAY! Morning time! Now I can look into my thread and see if anyone's commented on horro-- oh god damn it.

YAY ANOTHER BUILD TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT!!
You could as a nod to the Jack Kirby thing I mentioned earlier start reposting your builds of the Eternals and Celestials... and we could all talk about the problematic social elements there.

Not that I can actually think of any. The series is basically fine as is for its time, and I actually kinda like the Eternals. But then I also liked Jane-Thor and we've already established that my opinions on basically everything are probably in a distinct minority around here.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Without Ash, Duke Nukem would've had to steal almost all his one-liners from someone else.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, I'd prefer to avoid anything that's "problematic" for the time being, though yeah, that tree-scene was "WHAAAAAAAAAA?" when I saw it the first time.

I assume you're referring to the weird "Supreme Race" Eternals mixing it up with their "Deformed Race of Hideous, Uncultured Swine" counterparts in The Deviants. Yeah, I always found several aspects of that dynamic weird.

But yeah, let's just talk about horror for the time being.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm I assume you're referring to the weird "Supreme Race" Eternals mixing it up with their "Deformed Race of Hideous, Uncultured Swine" counterparts in The Deviants. Yeah, I always found several aspects of that dynamic weird.
I generally try to give that a pass since the Jewish man who liked to literally beat up Nazis in his youth, and then went over to Europe to do the same to the German variant, probably didn't have many supreme master race ideologies at his core and instead simply wanted to explore the ramifications of certain mythological aspects. He was obviously more inspired by the the ideas of angels and demons, or gods and monsters, as can be found in classical mythology.

Hell, the earlier issues have parallels to the fall of Lucifer in how the Deviants are portrayed. They are vicious conquerors who enslaved humanity and rebelled against the (space-)gods and as such were cast down for their hubris and have since become resentful. But they're also portrayed as nuanced and reasonable in many respects.

I mean, you could certainly make a problematic reading of it, but as I said I don't actually see the series as being all that problematic personally, and indeed I mostly raised it as a joke. I was going to suggest you post the New Gods and instead make the joke about the Oedipal implications found in the concepts of the 'mother boxes', but you haven't actually built them yet.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I honestly thought Spectrum was joking with the kill whitey stuff

.....unless he was talking about Get Out (which actually is a great horror movie....though the movie itself seemed to shrug a bit with the "why black people?" question)
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:31 pm
Scots Dragon wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:09 am The horror genre is a good example of relative power. The 'heroes', increasingly a vague term given how many of them are portrayed as being kinda not very nice people who we have trouble caring about (this is why so many recent horror films suck), are often unarmed and defenceless. But when a well-armed hero turns up, the issue turns around pretty quickly, especially in the case of multiple monsters.

See for instance the entirety of the Evil Dead franchise.
Oh my god, that reminded me of the (TWO) Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash crossover comics that came out. They're not going to go down as comic classics by any means, but they were a good mixture of funny, gross, and self-referential to be a fun read. Also, a lot of callbacks to characters that were in previous Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies, which was neat for us horror fans.
I LOVED the first one. The second was kinda so so (long haired handsome Jason WTF) but I will say Freddy's daughter pushed my....er....buttons a bit.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I always add smileys to denote sarcasm- it's impossible to tell otherwise :). And I think the term "problematic" xauss me physical pain now :).

I did stat most of the New Gods, back on Roninarmy.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Chucky! Jason! Ghostface! Ash Williams!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I would suggest statting the rest of The Elite (since you did the Justice League Elite), but The Hat is one of those vague-ass magic guys who just pulls whatever out of his hat, so I assume that's a no-go.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

he'd just be easy to stat. Jab has that vague magic template down
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh yeah- my favorite Ash thing is his appearance as the User-controlled FPS guy in the first "no censorship" episode of ReBoot. Amazing stuff.
Jabroniville

Candyman

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

THE CANDYMAN (Daniel Robataille)- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Summoned Creature, Bloody Mary Analogue
Movie Series: Candyman
PL 9 (111)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Hook) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Painting) 2 (+4)
Initimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Ranged Combat (BEES!!!) 2 (+10)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Accurate Attack (Weak), Daze (Intimidation), Extraordinary Effort (Unleashed), Fascination (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Power), Startle, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (7) -- [10]
  • AE: "Pounce" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
  • AE: "Super Throw" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical, +2 to Hit if Foe Parried Last Turn) (4)
  • AE: "Bee Sting" Blast 4 (Reduced Defenses -1) (6)
"Hook" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman" Senses 2 (Extended Hearing 2) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hook +12 (+3 Damage, DC 21)
Moves +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Bees +10 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (I'll Come When You Call)- You say the name Candyman five times into a mirror, or any reflective substance, he's showing up most of the time. And he will kill you.
Motivation (Be My Victim)- Candyman finds pain and torment...beautiful. Even the pain of his descendents or reincarnated lover (Helen herself) is exquisite.
Vulnerable (The Mirror...THE MIRROR!)- Initially the mirror that captured his last moments of death was his weakness. Shatter the mirror, you shatter the Candyman.
Vulnerable (Well...)- Except that after a while he managed to reform as he had grown strong enough that only the perpetuation of his legend will keep him alive. You have to kill his legend to kill him.
Weakness (Predictability)- These guys cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to their Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 + 10 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 21 (111)

THE CANDYMAN (Daniel Robataille)- Movie Version
Role:
Summoned Creature, Bloody Mary Analogue
Movie Series: Candyman
PL 8 (141)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Hook) 1 (+10)
Expertise (Painting) 2 (+4)
Initimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Hook) 2, Startle

Powers:
Teleport 12 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) [37]
"Hook" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Invisible & Inaudible" Concealment 3 (Vision, Hearing) [6]
"Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman" Senses 2 (Extended Hearing 2) [2]
"Levitation" Flight 2 (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [2]
"Summon Minions- Bee Swarm" Summon 3 (Feats: Mental Link) (Extras: Active, Controlled) [13]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Hook +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (I'll Come When You Call)- You say the name Candyman five times into a mirror, or any reflective substance, he's showing up most of the time. And he will kill you.
Motivation (Be My Victim)- Candyman finds pain and torment...beautiful. Even the pain of his descendents or reincarnated lover (Helen herself) is exquisite.
Vulnerable (The Mirror...THE MIRROR!)- Initially the mirror that captured his last moments of death was his weakness. Shatter the mirror, you shatter the Candyman.
Vulnerable (Well...)- Except that after a while he managed to reform as he had grown strong enough that only the perpetuation of his legend will keep him alive. You have to kill his legend to kill him.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 13 (141)

HalloweenJack's Notes:
-From the mind of Clive Barker comes this tale of a Bloody Mary style horror story.
-A graduate student named Helen is doing research on an urban legend in Chicago called The Candyman. Known primarily in the black ghettos, Candyman is a being that when you say the word “Candyman” into a mirror five times a large black man with a hook for a hand supposedly appears behind you and kills you. Helen blows the lid off of a black gang using the tale to consolidate power in the ghetto and whammo...movie over. Except no its only about a half hour in. Turns out there really is a Candyman and he's not very pleased that Helen diverted the fear he feeds on away from him.

-The first movie is...good. The latter two, Candyman: Farewell To The Flesh and Candyman: Day of the Dead... are not so good. Leave it at that. Candyman's backstory though....that's pretty intriguing. In life he was Daniel Robataille, the son of a slave who became quite the painter in the late 1800s. So good in fact that a wealthy landowner commissioned him to paint a portrait of his daughter. The pair fell in love, but of course this being ya know the late 1800s the idea of a romance between a black man and a white woman wasn't accepted.

-A mob chased Robataille down and beat him mercilessly, cutting off the hand he painted with, and then lathering him in honey (which prompted a child to dub him 'Candyman') and letting a hive of bees sting him to death. At his moment of death however, his lover captured his image in her mirror....thus it began.

-Candyman is a spiritual being. He can become invisible, inaudible, and intangible if he so chooses. He's capable of levitating and is a pretty brutal killer and fairly strong (given he's played by the towering Tony Todd) able to decapitate a doberman fairly easily. And it doesn't matter what part of the world you're in...if you're dumb enough to say his name five times into the mirror, he'll be there. Oh and inside his coat, his ribcage is covered in bees.

-An interesting thing about him is that he seems to have a poetic soul, often talking about the beauty of killing and brutality. He's gone from a good man to an unrepentant monster, yet he has vestiges of sadness in him for the life he lost. Candyman even seems to be perpetually on the verge of tears.

Jab's Notes: I remember the ads for this! Seriously, they were EVERYWHERE back in the day. I had no idea what it was about. Or that there were sequels. Candyman is the only black horror villain I can think of (barring Blackula, I guess), though in the game, he looks pretty boring and generic, being on the same strength-tier as Ash and other human-level guys. He's pretty tough in his movie version, though- losing two Power Levels thanks to his more human-like statline, but packing a LOT in the realm of useful abilities, like Invisibility, low-level Flight, and more.

SWARM OF BEES
PL 4 (41), Minion Rank 3
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA -4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+4)

Advantages: 
Evasion, Improved Initiative

Powers:
"Made of Bees"
Senses 4 (Scent, Ultra-Vision, Radius Sight 2) [4]
Flight 2 [4]
Elongation 3 [3]

"Difficult to Destroy"
"Fluid" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Innate, Selective) [7]
Immunity 30 (Bludgeoning, Slashing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [15]

Regeneration 6 (Flaws: Fades) [3]

"Bee Blasts"
"Bee Stings" Blast 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Multiattack) Linked to Affliction 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Multiattack, Cumulative) (21) -- [29]
  • Dynamic AE: "Bee Line" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line) Linked to Affliction 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area, Multiattack, Cumulative) (17)
  • Dynamic AE: "Bee Wave" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) Linked to Affliction 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area, Multiattack, Cumulative) (17)
  • Dynamic AE: "Bee Storm" Damage 3 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) Linked to Affliction 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area +2, Multiattack, Cumulative) (19)
  • Dynamic AE: "Stinger Aura" Aura 2 Linked to Affliction Aura 2 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative) (19)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Bee Stings +2 (+4 R.Damage & +2 R.Affliction, DC 19-12)
Bee Areas +4 Area (+4 R.Damage & +2 R.Affliction, DC 19-12)
Bee Aura +2 (+2 Damage & Affliction, DC 17-12)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness -5, Fortitude -4, Will --

Complications:
Weakness- Being bugs, the swarms are easily dispersed by wind, fog, dust, fire, smoke and other things. Obviously, insecticides and freezing will outright kill them.

Total: Abilities: -34 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 5 (41)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Lucy "Flawless" Lawless!!!?

How have I been having fanta...I mean, chastely admiring the actresses' persona and physique for going on two decades and not thought of that one myself!

Oh, and re: Eternals and Deviants-Kirby's work was more nuanced here than one might remember. Kro, the Deviants' regent/warlord was both honorable and brave, and at one time had a serious relationship with Thena (the Athena analogue); Karkas was the kindest character in the books, despite his monstrous physiognomy, while the wonderfully handsome "Reject" whose beauty impressed even the Eternals was a borderline sociopath. The Eternals had their share of zealots (the Forgotten One) and quislings (Ajak) to the Celestials, who were willing to betray their own homeworld and cousin-races. Likewise, while Eternals such as Ikarri and Makkari were benevolent and courageous, others were aloof or callous, even cruel to the shorter-lived, more fragile humans, such as Sersi.

The worst decision was to bring the Eternals and their setting wholesale into the MU proper, because there really wasn't much place for them amongst the Asgardians, Olympians, Atlanteans, Subterraneans, Inhumans, and Mutants.

All my best.
L-Space

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Tall Man! Leatherface! Michael Myers! Pumpkinhead!)

Post by L-Space »

HalloweenJack wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 pm I LOVED the first one. The second was kinda so so (long haired handsome Jason WTF) but I will say Freddy's daughter pushed my....er....buttons a bit.
Yea beautiful Jason and the whole demons vs military battle scene was kind of...weird, but I will just chalk that up to being an Army of Darkness callback :).

Come to think of it there have been couple of other horror movie crossover comics too. There was a Leatherface vs Jason comic back in the 90's and then also Jason vs Jason X comic, which seemed a bit... masturbatory :lol:.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Pinhead

Post by Jabroniville »

"I have seen the future of the horror genre, and his name is Clive Barker." - Stephen King

Now there's a blurb Stephen King should have written under one of his pen names. He may have seen the future of the horror genre, but he has almost certainly not seen "Hellraiser," which is as dreary a piece of goods as has masqueraded as horror in many a long, cold night. This is one of those movies you sit through with mounting dread, as the fear grows inside of you that it will indeed turn out to be feature length.
-Roger Ebert, in his 1/2* review for "Hellraiser"

PINHEAD (Elliot Spencer)- Terrordrome Version
Role:
Sadomasochist Weirdo
Movie Series: Hellraiser
PL 9 (134)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Expertise (History) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Hell) 4 (+7)
Initimidation 7 (+12)
Perception 3 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Chains) 5 (+13)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Chains" Blast 5 (Feats: Indirect- Any Direction 4, Improved Critical) (Reduced Defenses -2) (11) -- [13]
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (7)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 6 (Reduced Defenses -2) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Chains +13 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Order and Flesh)- Pinhead is a creature of ultimate order and he wants you to be too. He very much enjoys torturing others into coming to his point of view. Flesh is a canvas after all.
Responsibility (Leviathan)- Pinhead is devoted to Hell and its ruler.
Responsibility (The Box....THE BOX!)- The Lament Configuration holds a great deal of power over Pinhead. It can summon him from, or expel him to, Hell. And he can't take it by force. It must be freely given to him (though it can be taken if the wielder doesn't truly believe in it) and he's very good at coercing you into giving it to him, either via his rather good charisma or through violence.
Responsibility (Innocence)- Spencer has told others that the truly innocent are safe from Pinhead. He doesn't kill Merchant's (one of the boxmaker's descendent's) young son, though he does hold him to bring Merchant to him. Likewise when an autistic girl is used to open the box and summon the Cenobites, Pinhead warns his followers away from her. “No. It is not hands that call us, but desire.”
Responsibility (Memories...)- Pinhead has largely forgotten his past as a human, thinking himself to be a creation of Leviathan (sort of like the Silver Surfer originally thought Galactus had created him from nothing) but on the slim chance that he can be reminded of who he is.....he might just rebel against Hell.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 + 10 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 20 (134)

PINHEAD (Elliot Spencer)- Movie Version
Role:
Sadomasochist Weirdo
Movie Series: Hellraiser
PL 10 (139)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Expertise (History) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Hell) 4 (+7)
Initimidation 7 (+12)
Perception 3 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Chains) 5 (+15)

Advantages: 
Daze (Intimidation), Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
Teleport 8 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (25) -- [28]
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 8 (16)
  • AE: "Chains" Blast 5 (Feats: Indirect- Any Direction 4, Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack) (20)
  • AE: Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Chains +15 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Order and Flesh)- Pinhead is a creature of ultimate order and he wants you to be too. He very much enjoys torturing others into coming to his point of view. Flesh is a canvas after all.
Responsibility (Leviathan)- Pinhead is devoted to Hell and its ruler.
Responsibility (The Box....THE BOX!)- The Lament Configuration holds a great deal of power over Pinhead. It can summon him from, or expel him to, Hell. And he can't take it by force. It must be freely given to him (though it can be taken if the wielder doesn't truly believe in it) and he's very good at coercing you into giving it to him, either via his rather good charisma or through violence.
Responsibility (Innocence)- Spencer has told others that the truly innocent are safe from Pinhead. He doesn't kill Merchant's (one of the boxmaker's descendent's) young son, though he does hold him to bring Merchant to him. Likewise when an autistic girl is used to open the box and summon the Cenobites, Pinhead warns his followers away from her. “No. It is not hands that call us, but desire.”
Responsibility (Memories...)- Pinhead has largely forgotten his past as a human, thinking himself to be a creation of Leviathan (sort of like the Silver Surfer originally thought Galactus had created him from nothing) but on the slim chance that he can be reminded of who he is.....he might just rebel against Hell.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 11 (139)

HalloweenJack's Notes:
-Another one from Clive Barker and one of my personal favorites. Pinhead (never actually called that in the movies aside from an insult once) was actually only a bit character in the first two Hellraiser movies, being sort of a side menace to the A-Plot of a man trying to be reborn from Hell or an evil doctor becoming another sadomasochistic creature. The other movies are not so good.

-Granted there's a few good ones, like Hellraiser: Inferno which deals with a crooked cop trying to solve a gruesome kidnapping when SPOILERS he turns out to have actually been damned and in Hell for most of the movie. Or the premise of Hellraiser: Deader (not the actual movie) where Pinhead works through a confederate (an investigative reporter) to track down a cult that's preventing sinners from dying and therefore from going to Hell. Honestly, I think Pinhead works best as a side character rather than the focus of one of the movies.

-Pinhead himself was a World War I Captain in the British Army named Elliot Spencer. He was appalled at the wanton destruction the war had wreaked on people...which is actually historical, as new procedures prevented death where it would have been certain in previous wars. This saved lives but left soldiers with physical deformities that society shunned and found unseemly.

-After the war, Spencer devoted himself to hedonism to counteract his PTSD and eventually came into the possession of a puzzle box known as the Lament Configuration. Solving this puzzle would lead one to untold pleasures....but Spencer was unaware such pleasures might be different than his concept of it.

-As such Spencer was dragged to Hell and tortured by the arch demon Leviathan until he actually found himself enjoying the torment inflicted upon him and became one of Leviathan's chief acolytes, always going after those who had opened the box and allowed he and his Cenobite brethren into the earth realm. So go the movies.

-And Cenobites are TOUGH, man. Even rank and file minions to Pinhead soak shotgun blasts like nothing. Pinhead himself is even more powerful obviously, being able to take serious damage (a laser weapon didn't even cause him to break his stride in Bloodline) and possessing a host of other abilities such as illusion casting, telekinesis, matter manipulation, and summoning hooked chains from literally nowhere to tear someone to pieces. He can even appear in dreams, which would make him one of the few characters here to be able to fight Freddy Krueger on an even keel in the Dream World. In fact the original ending to Freddy vs Jason would have seen the two slashers fighting down to Hell and then being separated by Pinhead who would ask them “Now gentlemen, what seems to be the problem?”. Sadly New Line Cinema was unable to acquire the rights to Pinhead from Dimension Films so poo. Eventually Pinhead will however meet his end in the 22nd century (don't ask) to a demon killing weapon created by the descendent of the man who created the Lament Configuration itself.

-The best thing about Pinhead is his personality. He's like the ultimate in British Stiff Upper Lips. He rarely smiles or laughs or even gets angry. Dude's just cold. That's from his human side too. When he was split into his two halves in Hellraiser 3, the demonic side was a cackling, easily angered mess that reveled in the havoc he wreaked while normally he'd be pretty chill.

-And he's SO quotable. Just a few lines
(Pinhead observes his Cenobites preparing to torture the protagonist of Hellraiser 3) “Oh and to think in all the countless centuries to come, you'll look back on this moment as a happy memory”.

Upon meeting the demon princess Angelique

Angelique: You're a demon?

Pinhead: Hell has become more ordered since your time, princess......and less amusing.

(Upon getting shot in the face several times with a revolver and then spitting the bullets out) “Now then....can we talk about this? Sensibly?”

(Dealing with the last of the descendents of the Box's maker, who asks him what he believes in)

“Nothing. I am so exquisitely empty.”
Jab's Notes: I know literally nothing about Hellraiser aside from... this guy. And then I only know the fact that his name is "Pinhead" and he looks like that. Of course, that's not actually his name (I mean... those are NAILS, first of all). The movies typically use him in cameos, apparently, which probably makes him seem all the sweeter to fans, because apparently the last movies SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. In the game, he uses his Chains to come from all sorts of directions (fans call him Over-Powered in the YouTube clips), and one of his "Unleashed" combos summons characters from the cover of Rifts to help him out.

-Unlike many of the other characters, he gets MORE powerful in the movies, as he's a super-powerful weirdo who can cut guys up from any direction.