The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Carapace, El Brujo, Samhain, Falcon

Post by catsi563 »

Yeah Samhains one of my fave Tman creations I love the Halloween themed gadgets and look makes for a great villain. :mrgreen:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

The Vanguard Academy

Post by Tattooedman »

Vanguard Academy:

Better known to the general public as the Moore Academy, the Vanguard Academy is a high school with boarding facilities located several miles from the suburbs of Capital City, where it has an unchallenged view of the surrounding areas (including a large amount of Curry Park and the boardwalk in New Jordan). The school grounds include a separate reception/faculty building (where the Headmaster, teacher's offices, and teacher’s lounge are located along with a pair of rooms to host various visitors), a Chapel, two dormitories (Davis Manor for male students and Byrne House for female students) set near a memorial garden, playing fields, a gatehouse, the school building and teacher bungalows.

The day-to-day running of the school is done by a headmaster but is overseen by an individual charitable body, the Impossible Foundation (an organization founded by Doc Diamond in the early 1980s). The trust the organization funds provides support, expertise and a strategic overview while the Academy headmaster controls the admissions process and has more freedom to innovate the curriculum from year to year. Also, because of scholarships provided by the Impossible Foundation, Moore Academy has a much larger student body than its earlier incarnation that were ran by the American Government in the past (mostly due to the fact that the recruitment policies and overall goals of the two schools were vastly different). The school has around 60 students currently attending, all living on the school's grounds (though it could handle a maximum of 150). The teaching staff are provided with living space with all utilities provided during the school year (with any who want, paying a very modest rent those few months school is not in session). The staff is composed of adult Alphas, most of who are former students of the Academy, helping their wards through the rigors of adolescence coupled with the burden of honing their genetic talents by sharing their own experiences.

The objective of the school is two-fold; the first being to give young Alphas the opportunity to assimilate into a society that fears and, in some cases, hates them. Students are taught how to use their powers for self-defenses and how to protect their loved ones from potential threats that crop up should their identities are exposed. The other purpose of the school is to audition potential new members into the ranks of the Vanguard; graduating students are given a chance to display the totality of their training through an annual set of tests known as the Senior Exam. Those that perform well are offered membership in the Vanguard, leaving the others to their own devices. Some of those people choose to act independent of the Vanguard and the government, fighting the good fight on their own as unsponsored vigilantes.

Typically, the Vanguard Academy accepts any and all Alphas between the ages of 13 and 18 - however, exceptions have been made for non-Alpha youth or Alphas who manifested their abilities earlier. Not only do students receive a formal education, but they are also trained in the use of their powers as well as self-defense - allowing them to better protect themselves and loved ones from opponents of Alphas. Instead of using the standard American classifications of high school student classes, the Vanguard Academy uses the following designations: Gamma Class (freshman), Delta Class (sophomore), Beta Class (junior), and Alpha Class (senior).

Currently the staff includes;

Aurelian Roberts - Physical Education // Combat Instructor
Cassandra McKay - English
Clay Toric - Headmaster // retired C.A.S.T.L.E. agent.
Donnie Osbourne - Ethics
Drucilla “Dru” Evans - Languages
Jack Bishop - Music
Jessica Lee - Combat Instructor / / History [Early Western Civilization, Modern Western Civilization, American History]
Kyle Davis - Sciences [including physical science, chemistry, physics, engineering science] & Math // Combat Instructor
Megan Bristol - School Doctor / / Biology, Biomedical Science
Michelle Hicks - Combat Instructor / / Social Sciences [Civics, Economics, Political Science, Sociology]
Paul Hunter - Combat Instructor / / Art [includes studying of various artistic styles, works of several different artists, as well as various eras]
Peyton Cassidy - School Counselor
Tony Black - Mythical Studies / / Survival Scenarios / / Magic & Psionics Studies
Winston Baroski - School Counselor

1. Main Entrance
2. Main Quad
3. Main School Building
3- A. Sebastian Kingsley Building
3 – B. Dexter Mancuso Wing
3 – C. Betsy Hayes Library
3 – D. Marilyn Palmer Cafeteria
3 – E. Harry Manfredini Auditorium
3 – F. Mark Jarvis Gymnasium
3 – G. The Chapel
4. Summer Parker Administrative Building
4 – A. Security Office
4 – B. The Subbasement
5. Lillian Irving Garden
5 – A. Zen Garden
5 – B. Carriage House
6. Marcus Bagley Building
7 - A. Byrne House
7 – B. Davis Manor
8. Groundskeeping
8 – A. Pool
8 – B. Athletic Field

Vanguard Academy (30 ep):
Size: Huge; Toughness: 10; Features: Combat Simulator, Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 (+20 DC), Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Secret 3 (+20 DC), Security System 4 (DC 35), Trophy Room, Workshop
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:50 am, edited 20 times in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Vanguard Academy

Post by Tattooedman »

So I've been worjing away on builds a lot these last few weeks (all soon to be posted) of my vacation & I find myself wondering if I should focus on builds that the future PCs will deal with or if I should do builds for EVERY character of the setting.

If I go the first route I'd do short bits about people from the past including a couple notes on their powers & such, just to establish a bit of history for the setting.

Any input from the folks that read this thread?
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

You know me I love builds well face especially if weve made an impact on those villains in the past great story opportunities :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

I like it when you tie your builds in to what you've got going in the campaign.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

catsi563 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 pm You know me I love builds well face especially if weve made an impact on those villains in the past great story opportunities :D
Well the characters I'm talking about possibly just doing overviews of won't get any "face time" in the game since nine out of ten times they're dead, so I doubt there's going to be much interaction with future PCs. :lol:
Shock wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:31 am I like it when you tie your builds in to what you've got going in the campaign.
No worries, I'll still do that.

Now for some builds, specifically the current crop of students of the Vanguard Academy.....
Tattooedman

Migoi

Post by Tattooedman »

Migoi:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 8
Agility 5
Dexterity 5
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+13), Athletics 3 (+11), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+12), Expertise [Science] 6 (+10), Insight 5 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+10), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 9 (+10), Technology 6 (+10), Treatment 6 (+10), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+8), Vehicles [Sea] 3 (+8)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Languages 3 [Base: English; French, Italian, Latin, Russian], Power Attack, Set-Up, Startle, Teamwork

Powers: Animal Senses: Senses 6 [Low-Light Vision, Olfactory (Acute, Analytical, Tracking 2), Ultra-Hearing]

Balanced:
Enhanced Skill 2 [Acrobatics +6]
Enhanced Advantages 4 [Prone Fighting, Second Chance (Acrobatics Checks), Skill Mastery (Acrobatics), Skill Mastery (Athletics)]
Movement 1 [Slow-Fall]

Fast Climber: Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2] (Flaw: Limited [Not on frictionless surfaces])

Large Size: Growth 4 [Strength +4, Stamina +4, Intimidation +2; Dodge/Parry -2, Stealth -4] (Extra: Increased Duration [Continuous]); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Permanent)

Surprisingly Fast:
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Defensive Roll 2]
Speed 3

Offense: Initiative +5
Melee Attack +4 // Unarmed Attacks +12
Ranged Attack +5 // Thrown Objects Attacks +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10*/+8 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Vanguard Academy Uniform:
Features 4 [Commlink, Compass, GPS, Watch]

Costs: Abilities 62+ Skills 28+ Advantages 13+ Powers 30+ Defenses 16= 149 pts.

Height: 8’
Weight: 367 lbs
Hair: White
Eye Color: Yellow
Unusual Features: Fangs, blue skin, most of body covered in long, white hair

Complications:
Power Loss: If Migoi’s powers are somehow nullified his stats changes as follows; Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2.

Prejudice: Migoi’s physical appearance is that of a large, fur-covered humanoid with claws and fangs. So, he tends to stand out in a crowd.

Rage: Migoi occasionally experiences savage rages. While in this state, his Strength increases by 2 ranks and his Intellect is reduced by 4 ranks.

Relationships: Migoi is friends with most of the other members of Alpha Class, as well as many other students of the Vanguard Academy. But he is especially close to Autumn MacDonald, his girlfriend.

Background: Phil Norton was always fascinated by Alphas, wanting to know how their powers worked. What really fascinated Phil however were the Alphas who were the originators of bloodlines, the first to manifest powers. How he puzzled over what must happen biologically to cause their bodies to access those hidden bits of DNA that are so transformative and empowering. Then he manifested powers of his own, the first amongst his family to do so!

Phil was delighted in his condition, as it enabled him to study Alpha physiology firsthand. Unfortunately, his powers bestowed upon him a bestial appearance, causing Phil to have to hide from his friends and neighbors. Soon afterwards, he was contacted by representative of the Vanguard Academy with an offer to attend that government back institution. Unlike the other students of the Academy, Phil was unable to hide his appearance so rather than hiding away because of his appearance, Phil chose to embrace who he was and became an advocate for Alphas. Of course it helped that, most, of his fellow classmates were supportive of his efforts; especially Autumn MacDonald. Over the course of their time at the school the two have fallen in love and just before the end of the last year began dating.

Art by FrischDVH on Deviant Art
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tattooedman

Blaze

Post by Tattooedman »

Blaze:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+3), Expertise [History] 3 (+3), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat [Fire Generation Array] 8 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Taunt

Powers: Deal With The Heat: Immunity 5 [Fire/Heat Damage]

Flame Aura:
Environment 1 [light]
Fire Damage 4 (Extra: Reaction [being touched])
Protection 7

Fire Generation Array:
Fiery Propulsion: Flight 5
Fire Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Boosted Flame Aura: Fire Damage 6 (Extra: Reaction [being touched])
-Fire Flash: Affliction 10 [Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [1 sense only (vision)])
-Melt: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaw: Limited [Affects objects only])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Fire Generation Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12/+5**/+3 [*Vanguard Academy Uniform & Flame Aura/** Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Feature 3 [Commlink, GPS, Watch]
Immunity 2 [Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat]
Protection 2 (Feat: Subtle)

Costs: Abilities 30+ Skills 11+ Advantages 6+ Powers 72+ Defenses 25= 144 pts.

Height: 5'2"
Weight: 112 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Legacy: She is the daughter of the heroine known as Firebird.

Motivation ~Thrills: Blaze is a young hero and a thrill-seeker.

Power Loss: Blaze’s power require certain environmental conditions, without them she loses all her powers. Furthermore if an area has been doused in water or some other fire retardant substance then Blaze’s powers are Impaired.

Prejudice: Alpha.

Relationships: Blaze is friends with most of the other members of Alpha Class, as well as many other students of the Vanguard Academy. But he is especially close to Phil Norton, her boyfriend.

Reputation: Blaze’s general flamboyant nature and urge to prank others sometimes get the better of her.

Background: The daughter of Shannon MacDonald, who was better known as Firebird of the Vanguard in the 1990s, Autumn MacDonald found herself manifesting fire manipulating powers of her own and learning the fact that the couple who had raised her weren't her birth parents but instead were former friends of her mother who had gotten custody of her following her mother's death. Her adoptive parents felt it best that Autumn learn how to control her powers and reached out to those in charge of the Vanguard Academy.

It didn’t take Autumn very long to become close with her classmates given her outgoing personality, and while her perchance for practical jokes does try their patience from time to time, especially Murphy Alexander, they all know that she always has their backs no matter what. Especially Phil Norton, whose inhuman appearance made him fell like an outcast even amongst fellow Alphas and Autumn made it her business to keep his spirits up. After years of pranks and practical jokes the pair became good friends, then finally a couple after dancing around the subject for several months.

Art by Gaston25 on Deviant Art
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:41 pm So I've been worjing away on builds a lot these last few weeks (all soon to be posted) of my vacation & I find myself wondering if I should focus on builds that the future PCs will deal with or if I should do builds for EVERY character of the setting.

If I go the first route I'd do short bits about people from the past including a couple notes on their powers & such, just to establish a bit of history for the setting.

Any input from the folks that read this thread?
Well, I think you know my philosophy. BUILDS, BUILDS and more BUILDS!!! :D
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Tattooedman

Penumbra

Post by Tattooedman »

Penumbra:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+8), Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 7 (+8), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+3), Insight 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+7), Persuasion 7 (+8), Ranged Combat [Darkness Control Array] 6 (+8), Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 4, Daze [Deception], Fascinate [Deception], Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers: Sees No Matter How Dark: Senses 2 [Darkvision]

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend: Immunity 10 [Darkness Effects]

Darkness Control Array:
Shadow Shields:
Enhanced Dodge 5
Enhanced Parry 5
Protection 2
Shadow Walk: Teleport 10 (Extra: Accurate); (Feat: Increased Mass 2 [200 lbs]); (Flaw: Medium [darkness/shadows])
-Shadow Gate: Teleport 9 (Extra: Portal); (Feat: Increased Mass 4 [800 lbs]); (Flaw: Medium [darkness/shadows])
-Eyes Of Night: Remote Sensing 7 [visual & auditory] (Flaw: Limited [Medium (darkness/shadows)])
-Shadow Bindings: Ranged Affliction 7 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Will] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Shadow Blast: Ranged Darkness Damage 10
-Shadow Meld: Concealment 4 [all visual senses (Flaw: Limited [Only in areas of shadow or darkness])
-Shadow Shroud: Concealment 4 [all visual senses] (Extras: Area [Burst], Attack, Ranged)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Darkness Control Array Attacks +6

Defense: Dodge +13*/+8 [*Shadow Shields]
Parry +13*/+8 [*Shadow Shields]
Toughness +7*/+5**/+2 [*Vanguard School Uniform & Shadow Shields //**Uniform]
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Equipment: Vanguard School Uniform:
Feature 2 [Morphic (adapts to students powers, can change to one other predetermined appearance)]
Protection 3 (Feat: Subtle)

Costs: Abilities 26+ Skills 17+ Advantages 9+ Powers 50+ Defenses 21= 123 pts.

Height: 5’4"
Weight: 116 lbs
Hair: Indigo
Eye Color: Indigo
Unusual Features: Light blue skin

Complications:
Family Ties: Penumbra is related to a couple super villains – the Shadow (grandfather), and the Shade (father), though she isn’t aware of her connection to them.

Relationships: Penumbra is friends with most of the other members of Alpha Class, as well as some of the other students of the Vanguard Academy.

Reputation: Penumbra is known to be something of a trouble maker.

Power Loss: Extremely brightly lights will leave Penumbra unable to use her powers.

Weakness: Penumbra is vulnerable (+50%) to Light based Effects.

Background: Originally it was supposed to have just been a small shopping stop for Janice and her mother, but Janice unexpectedly manifested her powers while in the fitting room. Fortunately, Janice passed out from the experience and her mother was able to get her safely away from the scene before anything else could happen to either of them while everyone was trying to figure out how the entire mall had been plunged into complete darkness for several minutes. Because of the obvious changes that had happened to her because of her manifestation, Janice’s neighbors, friends and classmates easily figured out what had happened to her, and begin to treat her as a freak.

Luckily recruiters from the new Vanguard Academy approached Ms. Taylor with a scholarship offer for Janice to attend the school, one that the older woman didn’t hesitate to accept. In the years since Janice has learned how to control her powers and gain friends who take her for who she is despite the odd coloration of her body. Though her teachers question if Murphy Alexander is as good a friend as Janice makes him out to be given his own colorful history of questionable behavior. What kind of influence he has been on Janice is anyone’s guess, and what she’ll do after graduation this year is something that many of her teachers are wondering about.
Art by Gaston25 (I think) on Deviant Art
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tattooedman

Cardinal

Post by Tattooedman »

Cardinal:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7/+13), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+4), Insight 5 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth 5 (+9/[/i]+12[/i])

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Favored Environment [Airborne], Great Endurance, Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown, Teamwork 2

Powers: Avian Physiology:
Immunity 1 [Low Pressure]
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (High Altitude)]
Regeneration 3 [1/every 3 rounds]
Senses 1 [Normal Vision (Extended)]

Feather Wings: Flight 6 (Flaw: Winged)

Friends With The Birds: Feature 1 [Birds accept Cardinal as one of their own]

Aerial Mastery:
Enhanced Skills 3 [Acrobatics +6, Stealth +3] (Flaw: Limited [when flying only])
Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Limited [when flying only])
Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Limited [when flying only])
Enhanced Advantages 10 [Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Redirect, Takedown 2] (Flaw: Limited [when flying only])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +3

Defense: Dodge +12*/+9 [*While Flying]
Parry +12*/+ [*While Flying]
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*Vanguard Academy Uniform & Defensive Roll/** Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 10+ Advantages 12+ Powers 31+ Defenses 19= 110 pts.

Complications:
Motivation ~Responsibility: Cardinal seeks to use her powers to help Humanity and Alphas alike.

Relationships: Cardinal is friends with most of the other members of Alpha Class, as well as many other students of the Vanguard Academy.

Power Loss: Flight powers if wings are restrained.

Height: 4’10”
Weight: 95 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Background: Christina Reece was born to a religious household in the middle of Ohio, which made transitioning into her teenage years difficult on multiple fronts for her, as she was attracted to other girls, but she also started to grow wings from her back. Unable to hide the wings from her mother, Christina learned the truth about her father, or rather the fact that he hadn’t been her mother’s high school sweetheart who’d died in a freak accident after joining the Army, but in fact was the old hero known as the Falcon.

It was also around this time that representatives of the Vanguard Academy contacted the Reece family with an offer for Christina to attend that institution so that she could be trained in how to use her powers while gaining a good education. Realizing that she might be able to learn more about her birth father through connections she could make at the school, Christina didn’t hesitate to accept the offer. Now in her senior year, Christina has decided that despite the lack of progress in learning anything about the Falcon beyond the basics her mother had shared with her that it is time she finally discover more about her birth father.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EnigmaticOne

Re: Penumbra

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Tattooedman wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 am Though her teachers question if Murphy Alexander is as good a friend as Janice makes him out to be given his own colorful history of questionable behavior. What kind of influence he has been on Janice is anyone’s guess, and what she’ll do after graduation this year is something that many of her teachers are wondering about.
You're not even trying to pretend you've appropriated Lex, have you? :roll:
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Re: Penumbra

Post by Tattooedman »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 am
Tattooedman wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 am Though her teachers question if Murphy Alexander is as good a friend as Janice makes him out to be given his own colorful history of questionable behavior. What kind of influence he has been on Janice is anyone’s guess, and what she’ll do after graduation this year is something that many of her teachers are wondering about.
You're not even trying to pretend you've appropriated Lex, have you? :D
Nope. ;)

Though I do have Arkrite's ok to do so.
Tattooedman

Cerebra

Post by Tattooedman »

Cerebra:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 3
Awareness 5 (3)
Presence 3

Skills: Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+8), Deception 2 (+5/+7), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+6), Expetise [Streetwise] 6 (+9), Expertise (Psychology) 6 (+9), Insight 3 (+6/+8), Perception 3 (+6/+8), Persuasion 2 (+5/+7), Ranged Attack [Mental Powers Array] 8 (+10)

Advantages: Attractive, Defensive Roll 2, Second Chance [Will checks vs. Mind Control], Teamwork

Powers: Mental Power Array:
Mental Assault: Ranged Mental Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will])
-Mental Detection: Senses 4 [Mental Awareness (Acute, Extended, Radius, Ranged)]
-Mental Probe: Mind Reading 10 (Feat: Subtle)
-Mental Stun: Ranged Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [Only targets with minds])
-Telelocation: Senses 6 [Detect (Life; Accurate, Acute, Radius, Ranged 2)]

Telepathy:
Mental Communication 2 (Feat: Subtle)
Comprehend 2 [Languages]

Telepathic Intuition:
Enhanced Awareness 2
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Improved Initiative]
Enhanced Dodge 6
Enhanced Parry 6

Offense: Initiative +6*/+2 [*Telepathic Intuition]
Melee Attack +4 // Unarmed Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Mental Powers Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12*/+6 [*Telepathic Intuition]
Parry +12*/+6 [*Telepathic Intuition]
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*Vanguard Academy Uniform & Defensive Roll/** Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +8
Will +10 (+8)

Costs: Abilities 44+ Skills 15+ Advantages 5+ Powers 64+ Defenses 16= 144 pts.

Height: 5’4”
Weight: 109 lbs
Hair: Light Brown w/Blonde highlights
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Family Ties: Kayla’s parents are members of the Children of Enoch, a cult that seeks to make her the avatar of their goddess.

Love Is A Battlefield: Kayla is torn between the romantic attention of her classmates Murphy Alexander and Jake Sheridan.

Relationships: Kayla is friends with the other members of Alpha Class as well as several other students at the school.

Background: Born to members of a secret society who had been following a breeding program to create an avatar of an psionic entity known as the Dark Empress, Kayla Meyer fought to escape the cult, which included her parents, once she learned of their plans for her when her psionic powers emerged. Living on the streets for over a year before being found by the Vanguard Academy, Kayla still worries that her parents and their allies will someday find her and force her to comply with their plan.

For now she keeps herself busy with her studies as she realizes that membership in the Vanguard would give her powerful allies to help her oppose her twisted family. Recently she finds herself romantically drawn to two of her classmates; Murphy Alexander and Jake Sheridan. Both have qualities she admires but their detractors keep her unsure of which one to pursue a relationship with, and as a result she is in a love triangle of sorts.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon May 03, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tattooedman

Barrier

Post by Tattooedman »

Barrier:
PL:
Strength 0
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 1

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+4), Athletics 3 (+3), Expertise [Pop Culture] 3 (+4), Insight 5 (+6), Perception 5 (+6), Ranged Combat (Light Attacks) 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Improved Critical [Blue Light Ram] 2, Power Attack, Teamwork 2

Powers: Blue Light Array:
Blue Light Force Field: Protection 10 (Extras: Affects Others, Impervious, Ranged, Selective, Sustained)
Blue Light Constructs: Create 10 (Extras: Moveable, Stationary)
-Blue Light Ram: Ranged Kinetic Damage 10
-Blue Light Push: Move Object 10
-Blue Light Constructed Weapon: Damage 8
-Blue Light Flare: Affliction 10 [Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited [1 sense only (vision)])

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +2 // Blue Light Ram Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12*/+5**/+2 [*Blue Light Force Field/** Vanguard Academy Uniform]
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 26+ Skills 12+ Advantages 9+ Powers 84+ Defenses 21= 152 pts.

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 118 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Relationships: Barrier is friends with most of the other members of Alpha Class, as well as some of the other students of the Vanguard Academy.

Reputation: Barrier is known to be something of a trouble maker.

Background: Originally a bystander at fight between members of the Vanguard and Black Sun, Lisa Lowell manifested her ability to summon and shape a blue energy that could be more durable than most man-made materials, which she instinctively used to shield herself and her friends from the stray blasts of energy and falling debris.

Once the fight was over, Lisa was brought to the attention of the staff of the Vanguard Academy and was quickly offered a place in the student body. One of the first people she met there was Murphy Alexander, a second generation Alpha who has been a major fixture in Lisa’s life the last three years. Now a senior she is debating if she wants to pursue membership in the Vanguard or to find out what opportunities she might find in other areas once she’s graduated.

Art by Storn Cook
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.