Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Gateway

Post by Jabroniville »

GATEWAY (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Marc Silvestri
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #229 (May 1988)
Group Affiliations: None
Role: Mysterious Character, Teleporter
PL 5 (175)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Aborigine Shaman) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+8)
Insight 2 (+6)
Perception 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Eidetic Memory, Equipment (Bullroarer)

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Teleportation"
Teleport 16 (Feats: Changed Velocity & Direction) (Extras: Easy, Accurate, Extended, Portal +2) (114) -- [117]
  • AE: "Observation" Remote Sensing 12 (Vision & Hearing) (36)
  • AE: "Time Sight" Senses 4 (Postcognition) (Extras: Affects Others) (8)
  • AE: Movement 9 (Time Travel 3, Space Travel 3, Dimensional Travel 3) (Extras: Portal +2) (36)
"Telepathy" Communication 1 (Mental) (Flaws: Limited to With Telepaths) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +7

Complications:
Relationship (The St. Croix Family)- Gateway took a somewhat teacherly role towards Monet & the twins.
Relationship (Bishop & Shard)- The two futuristic X.S.E. members are Gateway's future descendants.
Responsibility (Mostly Mute)- For some reason, Gateway does not often speak to others. He has only spoken verbally to people twice in all the comics in which he's appeared.
Quirk (Bullroarer)- Gateway uses a Bullroarer when transporting others. It's link to his powers is generally unknown- he may or may not be able to Teleport without it.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 120 / Defenses: 19 (175)

-Gateway is one of the more mysterious characters in comics, particularly since only a few writers have ever bothered with him. He debuted around the darkest point of Claremont's first X-Men run, when things were REALLY gritty, the team was different and living in Australia, and The Reavers were hunting them. Initially being ordered around by the bad guys, Gateway was released from his bonds and started voluntarily helping the X-Men out, though he never spoke. When the X-Men came back home a few years (our time) later, Gateway didn't go with them- his next appearance was post-Claremont, as he brought Penance to Generation-X's door, and would occasionally pop up for some vague stuff (his only spoken word is "Penance" when he arrives with the girl/s).

-He appeared in Claremont's X-Treme X-Men, which revealed him to be an ancestor of Bishop & Shard. He was thought-dead after meeting The Marauders (though this was basically described after the fact), but of course even MINOR characters can't stay dead, as he showed up alive after a short while, teaching Manifold, who is ALSO an Aborigine with teleportation powers. Then Gateway got his neck snapped during some big "Weapon X" thing. Comics are weird.

-Gateway doesn't do much (or ANY) fighting, but is a high-end Teleporter who can basically go anywhere, making him extremely expensive regardless of his lack of combat power.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Earthworm Jim! Dr. Kiln! Great Lakes Avengers!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:11 pm Ya know you are posting some of my favorites here, Jab! :P

Your notes on the characters are spot-on. I also agree with greycrusader's post too. I loved me some Substitute Legion heroes! I guess I like the underdogs. ;)

Bertha is a power house Cl 50 as you said. In her first appearance, I believe she fought and held She-Hulk at Bay, back when Shukie was at Cl 50.

Flatman was originally designed to be very smart with multiple degrees, but I think making the characters jokes also played against that. I still believe him to be smart. I have also seen him started with a 3 Str, but not sure if his in-comic appearances show that to be true or not.
Thanks! It's fun to stat up goofy characters sometimes.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18 am Why not Permeate for Doorman instead of Teleport?
Okay, took a look at the power descriptions. Doorman's thing is a BIT more specific- you actually go THROUGH the object, and might suffocate within. In Doorman's case, you literally just appear on the other side of something, as if you'd passed through a "door". The cost of each base Power is still 2 points per rank, in any case, so is effectively no different :).
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Great Lakes Avengers! Griffin! Generic Super-Hero!)

Post by Goldar »

In "light" of the fact of today's Total Eclipse if the Sun, any plans to stat up light-powered, solar-empowered (like Jean Grey originally was as Phoenix) or flaming individuals? :shock:
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 am
Shock wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18 am Why not Permeate for Doorman instead of Teleport?
Okay, took a look at the power descriptions. Doorman's thing is a BIT more specific- you actually go THROUGH the object, and might suffocate within. In Doorman's case, you literally just appear on the other side of something, as if you'd passed through a "door". The cost of each base Power is still 2 points per rank, in any case, so is effectively no different :).
Has Doorman still got his upgraded 'Deathurge' powers?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 pm In "light" of the fact of today's Total Eclipse if the Sun, any plans to stat up light-powered, solar-empowered (like Jean Grey originally was as Phoenix) or flaming individuals? :shock:
Haha, no. I apparently slept through it today, though it was only a 70% eclipse this far north.
Jabroniville

The Great One

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GREAT ONE
Created By:
Jim Starlin & Bill Reinhold
First Appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel: Silver Surfer- Homecoming (1991)
Role: Giant Brain

-The Great One is a living brain, a half-mile in diameter, that floats about the cosmos, seeking out doomed races and promising them eternal life as "living brainwaves" that live within his mind. Eventually, he came upon Zenn-La- they unanimously agreed, feeling that the Silver Surfer (their most famous son) couldn't protect them forever. Their Empress Shalla-Bal sent a parting message to her love, the Surfer, who thought it was a distress call and attacked the Great One. Forming an astral self thanks to Moondragon, he realized the Zenn-Lavians were at peace within the mindscape of the being, and enjoyed happiness there for a time- since he could "silver down" within the being (ie. he and Shalla-Bal could bone). This was presumably before he could do this at-will, whenever.

-However, the Great One felt anger at the outsider's arrival, and attacked- the Surfer dealt him a fatal blow (the only weakness of the Great One was "outsiders"). The Great One died, the Zenn-Lavians were freed from doom, but the Surfer lost Shalla-Bal, who died within the being (until she came back, of course). This was all in a single Marvel Graphic Novel by Jim Starlin, and hasn't really factored into any later stories- it was a one-off that seemed to write out Shalla-Bal for the Surfer's own solo book, but she's since returned.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:54 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:22 am
Has Doorman still got his upgraded 'Deathurge' powers?
I'm not sure, actually. Wikipedia's summation of the new series doesn't include any mentions of it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Dang, check out the poster for the upcoming Frozen musical on Broadway:

Though I wonder how big it STILL can be. Frozen's still huge in toy stores, but we're past the point where it just sells out immediately and you can't find anything. The line-ups at Disneyland, once 3 hours long and more (!!!), have been reduced to 10-20 minutes. And none of the kids who like it can afford tickets.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Great One

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:10 pm ImageImage

THE GREAT ONE
Created By:
Jim Starlin & Bill Reinhold
First Appearance: Marvel Graphic Novel: Silver Surfer- Homecoming (1991)
Role: Giant Brain

-The Great One is a living brain, a half-mile in diameter, that floats about the cosmos, seeking out doomed races and promising them eternal life as "living brainwaves" that live within his mind. Eventually, he came upon Zenn-La- they unanimously agreed, feeling that the Silver Surfer (their most famous son) couldn't protect them forever. Their Empress Shalla-Bal sent a parting message to her love, the Surfer, who thought it was a distress call and attacked the Great One. Forming an astral self thanks to Moondragon, he realized the Zenn-Lavians were at peace within the mindscape of the being, and enjoyed happiness there for a time- since he could "silver down" within the being (ie. he and Shalla-Bal could bone). This was presumably before he could do this at-will, whenever.

-However, the Great One felt anger at the outsider's arrival, and attacked- the Surfer dealt him a fatal blow (the only weakness of the Great One was "outsiders"). The Great One died, the Zenn-Lavians were freed from doom, but the Surfer lost Shalla-Bal, who died within the being (until she came back, of course). This was all in a single Marvel Graphic Novel by Jim Starlin, and hasn't really factored into any later stories- it was a one-off that seemed to write out Shalla-Bal for the Surfer's own solo book, but she's since returned.
I actually own the GN this takes place in, and yes, it did seem to exist largely to write Shalla-Bal and a reason to return to Zenn-La out of the Surfer's stories. It was kind of neat, tho. The Surfer goes to confront the Great One's mega-mind, and Moondragon is there to meet him. When she attempts to talk the Surfer into doing things her way, he just sits her on an asteroid and says that he'll handle this. He then goes to confront the Great One . . . who ignores the Surfer entirely. The Surfer then proceeds to try to get the Great One's attention, unleashing all of his vast cosmic power at him.

We switch over to Moondragon, who is just calmly meditating while this cascade of light plays over her, along with explosions happening in the background for several panels, before the Surfer flies back to her, hands behind his back and head held humbly down, saying basically, "So . . . what was your plan again?" Kind of funny.

This story was one of the few times Moondragon was actually bearable as a character.

It's also interesting that the Great One was genuinely benevolent, but he also was somewhat childlike. When he discovered the Surfer (an outsider) was in his mind, he immediately attacked, forcing the Surfer to defend himself. Eventually, the Surfer's power destroyed part of the "mental landscape" of the Great One's psychic world, which in turn damaged the Great One's brain, causing him to start dying. When the Surfer asked why the Great One didn't just TALK to him first, stating that he (the Surfer) would have either voluntarily entered the Great One the "proper" way, given up his power, or even left voluntarily, the Great One admitted that he did so out of fear, panicking essentially at an unknown factor living in his brain. Which is not an unreasonable fear, given that it lead to his death, but it's also hard not to agree when the Surfer calls the Great One "child-like" in his response.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Ghoul (Malloy)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GHOUL I (Dennis "The Menace" Malloy)
Created By:
Peter David & Jeff Purves
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #357 (July 1989)
Role: One-Shot Foe
PL 9 (163)
STRENGTH
7/10 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Mobster) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+6)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Superhuman Tracker" Senses 9 (Mental Senses- Accurate, Acute & Extended 2, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Tracking 2) [9]
Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
"Constant Agony" Immunity 2 (Mind-Reading) [2]
"Poisoned Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) Linked to Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Paralyzed) (Feats: Split) (Extras: Cumulative) [27]

"Empowered by Heat" (All Have Flaws: Limited to Within High Temperatures)
Enhanced Strength 2 [2]
Protection 2 [1]
Regeneration 6 [3]

"Revenant"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Super-Heated Strength +8 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Claws +8 (+8-10 Damage & +8 Affliction, DC 23-25 & 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8 (+10 in Hot Environments), Fortitude --, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss (Regeneration)- Cold environments turn off The Ghoul's regenerative powers.
Weakness (Cold Environments)- Ghoul will quickly slow down and weaken if kept too cold- he slows down noticeably in a cold pool, and is incapacitated by being stuck in a freezer.
Enemy (Mr. Fixit)- Twisted by agents of Satannish into thinking The Hulk is responsible for his deformities, Malloy now hunts Mr. Fixit.
Prejudice (Obvious Superhuman)- Ghoul is monstrous of visage, being a giant melty-looking winged demon.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 90 / Defenses: 9 (163)

-The first Ghoul hails from the Hulk comic- a demonic being named "Nick Cloot" (later revealed to be Satannish) empowered the deceased mobster Dennis "The Menace" Malloy to fight the "Mr. Fixit"-era Hulk, in order to reveal his murderous nature to the public. Freeing Malloy from Hell and making him a ghoul outwardly as well as in nature (Malloy had also been nicknamed "The Ghoul" for a series of grisly murders), Cloot convinced him that the Hulk was responsible for his dilemma. They fought in a very graphic, bloody battle, but the Hulk managed to weaken him with a stream of cool water, then impales him on a meat-hook (Mr. Fixit was a pretty vicious character).

Heh- I did it again! I actually FORGOT I'd built somebody, and then re-built him all over again, discovering my mistake only when I checked the archives! The first time, it was because I'd called Black Brigade "Brigade Black" in the archives, but this time around, I'd forgotten I'd statted both Ghouls, and then did them again! Oddly, my first build of Ghoul I was far more in-depth, as I'd found his Marvunapp bio instead of his Wikipedia page (which had less info). One of those moments where I'm like "damn- I wonder what ELSE I've been missing over the years".

-The Ghoul has tremendous hitting power and lethal, venomous claws, but was just a one-off foe for a weakened Mr. Fixit version of the Gray Hulk, meaning he's only a PL 9. He still has some old Hitman skills with him, but they're mostly useless in his new form.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ghoul (Serial Killer)

Post by Jabroniville »

GHOUL II (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Ramon Bachs & Paul Jenkins
First Appearance: Generation M #5 (2006)
Role: Mutant Serial Killer (as in, a serial killer who is a mutant, not a serial killer OF mutants), Mutant Serial Killer (as in, a serial killer OF mutants, not a serial killer who is one)
PL 8 (121)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Deception 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 2 (+8)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: ... Lotsa stuff, really"
Blast 8 (16) -- [17]
  • AE: Teleport 4 (Flaws: Side-Effect; Pain -2) (1)
"Subconsciously Disrupt Telepathy" Weaken Powers 4 (Extras: Reaction +3, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Telepathy) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Killing the Impure)- Ghoul seeks to murder former mutants who have since lost their powers.
Prejudice (Obvious Mutant)- Ghoul is clearly inhuman- he is lumpy and appears to be covered in burns, and features a vestigial third arm on his chest.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 8 (121)

-This Ghoul is a mutant who debuted after M-Day (in which the Scarlet Witch depowered most of Earth's non-interesting Mutants), and his M.O. was murdering those who'd lost their mutations, because they weren't as "pure" as he was. Wanting to be known for the killings, he contacted reporter Sally Floyd, who contacted Archangel, who lured Ghoul into the open by posing as bait. He was apparently arrested or killed when Cyclops dropped a tower on him with his Optic Blasts. As a fighter, he's strong enough to easily kidnap a non-combatant like Floyd, and blasted Archangel once, but that was it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Gravity

Post by Jabroniville »

GRAVITY (Greg Willis)
Created By:
Sean McKeever & Mike Norton
First Appearance: Gravity #1 (Aug. 2005)
Role: Minor New Millennium Hero, Yet Another Attempt at Recapturing Spidey
Group Affiliation: Great Lakes Avengers, The Heavy-Hitters (Initiative Team)
PL 9 (122)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Gravity Attacks) 2 (+8)
Technology 2 (+4)

Advantages: 
Improved Critical (Gravity Punch), Improved Disarm, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Gravity Control" Affliction 10 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Prone/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Ranged, Concentration) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) (21) -- [24]
  • Dynamic AE: "Gravity Punch" Damage 8 (Feast: Dynamic) (9)
  • Dynamic AE: "Gravity Beam" Blast 10 (Feast: Dynamic) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 8 (Feast: Dynamic) (17)
"Gravity Field" Force Field 7 (Extras: Impervious 7) [14]
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Gravity Punch +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Gravity Beam +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Gravity Control +8 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+9 Force Field), Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Lauren Singh)

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 48 / Defenses: 11 (122)

-Gravity's kind of one of those attempts at creating a new potential solo hero, basically copying Peter Parker ("everday kid with powers") every step of the way, but it never really took. He's got some fans, and he's guest-shotted a few times, but he's mostly a minor hero who looks a little too much like Invincible for his own good, and he doesn't show up too often. Still, not a bad power-set- Gravity Control is quite unused in comics compared to almost any other "Control" power.

-Gravity got his powers after getting sucked into a black hole while on his family's yacht, then studies marketing in order to better advertise himself. His initial screw-ups eventually lead to him becoming a better hero, and he beats some established bad guys (The Shocker; The Rhino) before making an enemy out of a guy named "Black Death". Eventually, he defeats the villain and is filled with confidence. He died a hero in the Beyond series (inspired by Secret Wars, and featuring The Stranger), but got quickly resurrected, gained Cosmic Power as Epoch's new protector... then gave it all up in order to save her from Galactus. He later fulfils his "Cosmic Destiny" as the "scalpel" that Uatu uses to cut out the infected portions of the universe. This pretty much ends his solo run.

-He was a temporary leader of The Heavy-Hitters, an Initiative team, but got demoted to the Great Lakes Initiative by Norman Osborn (a douchey move, even for him). Later on, he joins the Young Allies- a failed "Young Hero Team" book that filled a role already filled by a ton of other teams at the time- its scattered roster (Firestar! Heroes Reborn Bucky! A Bull-Kid!) was made up of very minor, do-little characters. After that book's cancellation, he joined a NEW version of The Initiative (made up of volunteers), but this was entirely a Background Squad of Nobodies, and was quickly swept under the rug and ignored- Gravity has since kinda vanished.

-Another guy I'm really not familiar with, Gravity seems like a rookie who slowly developed into a New Warriors-ish PL 9 type of hero. Mostly balanced evenly (with a bit more Toughness via a Force Field), and packing a few powers in a Dynamic Array, alongside a standard Force Field/Flight combo, he's pretty good, and a great starting point for a hero to eventually become something. Keep in mind that someone with Gravity Powers has the potential to pull off feats like Graviton does.
Jabroniville

The Grapplers

Post by Jabroniville »

Still blows my mind that they made the early "Screaming Mimi" design look cool.

THE GRAPPLERS:
-The Grapplers were a group of female fighters inspired in part by the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling, a fly-by-night promotion by a dirtbag promoter that became very famous and highly-rated for a short period of time before flaming out- it's since been the source of a Netflix TV series featuring a newly-scrawny Alison Brie, who whittled her once-magnificent bustline down by several sizes in the 21st century's greatest tragedy. GLOW, along with the WWF, were the source of a combination of derision and "how, this stuff is hilarious" back in the day, with Vince McMahon's outlandish gimmicks and characters representing a very "1980s" ideal (though flamboyant wrestlers had been a thing ever since Gorgeous George put on his "fop" act to the shock and horror of homophobic 1950s audiences).

-The original four Grapplers were Titania (the original one, not the more famous one), Letha, Screaming Mimi and Poundcakes- they were drafted by Roxxon Oil to invade Project: Pegasus (Marvel's source of every boring 1980s storyline). Quasar & Giant-Man were able to defeat the four, plus Thundra, who'd been cajoled into fighting by their side. They later fought Dazzler in Ryker's Island in a "Women In Prison" story (ANOTHER classic of the era), but Dazzler, near death, managed to take them out with a huge light blast.

-Their next appearance was alongside dozens of villains who were attempting to murder The Thing when he was lying in a hospital bed, following his battle with The Champion of the Universe. Hilariously, coincidence saw every group of villains encounter a different superhero. In The Thing's own book, he encountered a series of OTHER Grapplers, as the roster was joined by various one-note jokes. However, in this very comic, one was offered up to the Scourge of the Underworld- a villain-killer who was slowly taking out Jobber Villains in all the various Marvel books, culminating in a Captain America story-arc. Titania was murdered by Scourge in the guise of "Golddigger", a female wrestler. When her teammate Letha joined a group attempting to find the source of all of these murders, she herself was killed by the villain-hunter.

-Subsequently, the group split up. Screaming Mimi became a Journeyman Villain, teaming up with Angar the Screamer in a forgettable duo before she gained a new lease on life in Thunderbolts, becoming a great success story. Poundcakes became a forgotten Backgrounder, while the others just vanished. Very recently, the Scourge victims were all resurrected, leading to Titania (now Lascivious) and Letha reforming The Grapplers with Poundcakes and a new Screaming Mimi- they targeted Songbird (the former original Mimi), who beat them all.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Titania/Lascivious

Post by Jabroniville »

TITANIA I (Davida DeVito, aka Lascivious)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio & John Byrne
First Appearance: Marvel Two-In-One #54 (Aug. 1979)
Role: D-League Villain, Powerhouse, Hot Amazon
Group Affiliations: The Grapplers
PL 8 (105)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Deception 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Energy Rod) 4 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Attractive, Chokehold, Crushing Pin, Great Endurance, Grappling Block, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Tough Skin" Protection 1 [1]

"Roxxon-Built One-Piece" (Flaws: Removable) [14]
"Exploding Discs" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Drawbacks: Diminished Range -1) (17 points)

"Energy Rod" (Flaws: Easily Removable -2) [10]
Blast 8 (16 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Exploding Discs +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Energy Rod +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 6 (105)

-Here's a weird one I first discovered (well, I think I heard of her, but then forgot about her), while looking up the victims of The Scourge of the Underworld. The first Titania, she was a member of The Grapplers (which also produced Poundcakes & Battleaxe), a female super-wrestling squad who gained powers from Roxxon (the generic "Evil Corporation" of '70s & '80s Marvel) and used them for committing crimes. Titania I battled Thundra for a bit (cheating to win with a poison dart), but then got killed by Scourge (who was a woman in this instance). Now, Scourge's gun must be MIGHTY powerful to one-shot someone who can slug it out with Ben Grimm and friggin' Thundra, but let's just say Titania biffed her Toughness save.

-Marvel in recent years has become MUCH better about remembering lame '80s villains- in the '90s, it was all about the "Super-Villain Teams", where 6-8 guys would debut at once in horribly garish costumes with Iron Agey names like Tygerstryke and Killjoy, so the old guys like Battleaxe & the Brothers Grimm got under-utilized and totally forgotten. But with the "Initiative" and the Red Hood's Crew becoming major concepts, all of a sudden these guys are FLYING out of the woodwork. The Griffin's been shown like 20 times, as has The Mandrill. And even TITANIA here got brought back (17 Scourge victims were resurrected at once and given new powers), given a new schtick (replacing her costume and gaining Love Powers) and a new name, since a much better Titania came along. She still lost badly, though.

-People like Titania, who can slug it out with PL 10-11 types like Thundra & The Thing, are rather tough to pare down, but PL 10 for someone so jobber-y just doesn't feel right at all. She DID cheat to beat Thundra, after all, and was usually part of a massive group fighting other guys. And yeah, she got assassinated by someone with a RIFLE. She's a standard, under-Skilled, somewhat Advantage-having Powerhouse at PL 8, who has a unique costume with basically Super-Grenades and a Blaster, both of which are secondary. It's a rather inefficient set-up (most balanced Builds would have one Alt-ed off the other, not two separate Devices), but she's a jobber, so who cares? Wikipedia says she can lift only 2 tons, but I figure her weight class should be a bit above that (most of The Grapplers can at least theoretically injure The Thing).

LASCIVIOUS (Davida DeVito, aka Titania I)
Created By:
Mark Gruenwald, Ralph Macchio & John Byrne
First Appearance: Marvel Two-In-One #54 (Aug. 1979)
Role: D-League Villain, Powerhouse, Hot Amazon
Group Affiliations: The Grapplers
PL 8 (105)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+6)
Deception 3 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Energy Rod) 4 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Attractive, Chokehold, Crushing Pin, Great Endurance, Grappling Block, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Tough Skin" Protection 1 [1]

"Love Machine" Affliction 8 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Area- 30ft. Cloud +2) (Flaws: Limited to Love) [24]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Love Powers +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +8, Fortitude +7, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 6 (105)

-For her later version as Lascivious, replace the two Devices with an Affliction.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.