Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Sudowoodo! Sunflora! Donphan!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Shock

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Stone Giants! Geodude! Trolls! Forest Giants!)

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 am I made him the father of a Half-Frost Giant character in my heroic party- by virtue of having a human mother, the character is "only" 7'4"
That must have been a hell of a birth
Jabroniville

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Stone Giants! Geodude! Trolls! Forest Giants!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Shock wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 am I made him the father of a Half-Frost Giant character in my heroic party- by virtue of having a human mother, the character is "only" 7'4"
That must have been a hell of a birth
I think I said in the opening of the thread that magic fixes all of this. And a 7'4" person usually looks like a regular baby when they're born :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Gamebook wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 pm Image
???
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

The Snow Queen

Post by Jabroniville »

Way, way back in 2011, when I first posted this character and found this pic, I had no idea who it was. A few months to a year later, I was watching the "gender-flipped" episode of "Adventure Time", kept wondering why the Ice Queen looked so familiar, and was like "... HEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

THE SNOW QUEEN
Role:
Giant Woman, Spellcaster
PL 10 (206)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+8)
Deception 2 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Expertise (Magical Lore) 8 (+11)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+7, +9 Size)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Magical Blasts) 4 (+10)
Stealth 2 (+3, -2 Size, +6 Arctic Terrain)

Advantages:
Artificer, Attractive, Equipment 4 (Giant Sapphire Staff, Giant Spear), Favoured Environment (Cold Terrain), Improved Critical (Ice Blast) 2, Improved Smash, Languages (Most Arctic), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist

Powers:
Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -5 Stealth) -- (15 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [11]
"Giant Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light & Extended Vision) [2]
"Giant's Reach" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 2) [3]
Protection 1 [1]

"Arctic Creature"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic Terrain) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
"Norseman" Enhanced Skills 8: Stealth 8 (+5) (Flaws: Limited to Arctic Terrain) [2]
"Used to the White" Immunity 2 (Visual Dazzles) [2]
Immunity 6 (Cold, Cold Damage) [6]

"Blue Magic- The Art of Elementalism"
"Ice Platform" Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Platform) [2]

"Freezing Snare" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered, Dazed & Vulnerable/Defenseless, Stunned & Immobile/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged, Extra Condition +2) (45) -- [52]
  • AE: "Icicle Storm" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) (30)
  • AE: "Icicle Wave" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (27)
  • AE: "Biting Cold" Affliction 10 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (30)
  • AE: Create Ice 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (25)
  • AE: "Move Ice" Move Object 10 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Ice & Snow) (20)
  • AE: "Snowblindness" Dazzle Visuals 10 (20)
  • AE: "Snowstorm" Environment 7 (1 mile) (Cold 2, Impede Movement 2, Visibility 2) (42)
Equipment:
"Spear" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 4) (Extras: Penetrating 3, Ranged 7) (15)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Freezing Snare +10 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Icicle Storm +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Icicle Wave +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Biting Cold & Snowblindness +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8, Fortitude +10, Will +8

Complications:
Weakness (Fire & Heat)- Being Arctic Creatures, Frost Giants take extra damage from flames and heat.
Weakness (Miscast Table)- If the Snow Queen is disarmed of her Staff, she is subject to the Miscast Table if she rolls a "1" for any Spell.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 85 / Defenses: 21 (206)

Jab's Notes: The Snow Queen here is basically an Elite Henchman of Stomrvald- an example of what happens when you mix a Spellcaster with an enormous Giant.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Dude, you have to run some stuff from this setting. I so want to fight some of these creatures. I've been wanting to kill Pokemon for YEARS and this could be my one socially acceptable chance to do it!!! :twisted:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:26 am Dude, you have to run some stuff from this setting. I so want to fight some of these creatures. I've been wanting to kill Pokemon for YEARS and this could be my one socially acceptable chance to do it!!! :twisted:
Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence :). I haven't GMed in a million years, and keep weird hours, so I'm not sure how good I'd be at it, but anyone else can take a shot at the world!
Jabroniville

Fire Giants

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

FIRE GIANT
Creature Type: Humanoid, Giant, Fire
Typical Adult Height: 11'6"-14'6"
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants once a year
Lifespan: 0-10 (Child), 11-15 (Young Adult), 16-59 (Adult), 60-95 (Elder)
Nicknames: Flame Giant, Giant Dwarf
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & smaller size, more delicate features.
Skin Tones: Dark colours: Grey, brown, black
Hair: Red or Orange by far the most common; yellow, brown or grey possible
Racial Mounts & Animals: Mammoths (rarely)
Racial Weapons: Large metal hammers
Religion: The Gods of The Forge, Armour, Emancipation, Fire, Subterranea

Allies: Dark Elves (the two frequently trade Slaves, goods and other materials), Dragons (especially Fire)

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-5)
Band (6-10 plus 0-2 Elites, 0-2 Dire Wolves, 0-15 Slaves)
Tribe (11-25 plus 1-5 Elites, 0-10 Dire Wolves, 5-40 Slaves, 0-5 Monsters)

PL Variants:
PL 6-7: Weaker Specimens
PL 8-9: Common Fire Giant
PL 10: Elites
PL 11+: Important Characters

-Fire Giants are among the middle range of Giants in height, resembling titanic Dwarves more than Humans. In Northern lands, their skin is in dark shades, from black as pitch to a lighter, ashy gray colour, and their hair appears like the Fire they are named after. In Southern lands, these colours are often reversed- with orange and red skin becoming common, matched against coal-black hair. Most Fire Giants prefer long, flowing beards (females prefer long hair), but hairstyles vary. They are like Dwarves in many other respects, as well- subterranean, focused on arms and armour in a militaristic culture, and often very regimented and serious. However, the two races are considered sworn enemies, as few have captured and enslaved as many Dwarves as the hidden Fire Giant Tribes.

-The Northern Tribes are known as mighty Slavers, and occasional allies of the Dark Elves in Subterranea. Among the greatest of all Slavers, they partake in raids on settlements across their Tribal lands (falling underneath Greenskin or Human lands primarily, and interspersing with Dwarves in Subterranea), capturing many, breaking and training them, and then selling them to other bidders. Though most every nation in the land partakes in slavery, most shudder to think of what goes on in the Fire Giant Slave Pits, which are notoriously brutal, and many refuse to openly take on their services, lest the public revolt at public figures allying with those who could steal their children.

-Fire Giants maintain business-like relations with most of the other Giant-kin and even Greenskins, usually via the Slave Trade (most of these races have plenty of need for others to do their dirty work), though there have been many skirmishes (especially with Hill Giants and Ogres) over attempted slave-taking from those races as well (as Giant-kin fetch by far the highest prices as War Slaves). The only Giants who tend to hate the Fire Giants outright are the Forest Giants, who value freedom the most and require slaves the least. Their bands and villages often contain many Hell Hounds, and a few even have younger Fire Dragons in their midst! In fact, Fire Giants are among the few races who have positive relations with draconic kind, as the two have a mutually-beneficial relationship: Protection from persecution, and added military strength. Fire Giants possess none of the Giant bias against Dragons.

-The most elite and rich Fire Giant Slavers ride massive War Mammoths into battle and into victims' villages and cities. These huge creatures have been bred carefully from captive stock over the centuries to make them as resistant to the underground depths and the intense heat of their riders, and as such, they are much tougher than the original Mammoths. They have also adapted to the darkness, gaining a full Tremorsense far beyond that of normal pachyderms, making up for their poor eyesight entirely. The Fire Giants riding these beasts are less adept at riding than many races, but given the respective sizes involved, this is not such a bad thing- the unit is more of a solid tank than a deft cavalry force, dependant on fierce charges with giant, long-shafted (hee hee) War Axes that overwhelm a foe's defenses, and then overruns them violently, smashing all resistance.

Jab's Notes: Getting to the bigger Giants- here we have Fire Giants. I didn't care much for them at first, but it turns out that was entirely the fault of crappy art in the 3.5 Monster Manual that made them look kinda dumpy and wispy-haired. Wayne Reynolds drew these guys as freaking BAD-ASS black-skinned Fire Dwarves, and kitted them out in huge armour. NEVER underestimate how good art can make people appreciate a race or monster in an all-new way. Similarly, putting someone like that Crabapple guy on D&D art is a sure way to make your race unpopular.

Fire Giants showcase an interesting point in D&D's Giants- they seem to reflect the common PC races (in appearance and/or culture) but scaled-up. Hill Giants resemble Orcs, Fire Giants/Dwarves, Forest Giants/Elves and Frost Giants/Humans.

Most Fire Giants have:
Expertise (Fire Giant)- You are knowledgeable of the races, nations and geography of Subterranea (ie. the Dark Elves, the Dwarves, etc.). You can survive in nearly any dark environs, and you know the ways of Slavery above all else- you know who has the best slaves, where the best slaves are to be captured, and more. You also possess some knowledge of weapon-crafting and The Forge.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 am
Gamebook wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 pm Image
???
I'm guessing the character was pregnant, and was imagining the old "Imagine a turkey making its way out your---" adage about what childbirth feels like.
HalloweenJack

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Forest Giants! Frost Giants! Fire Giants!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Naw, Lily was always just really amazed by the size of people in Marshall's family.

Marshall himself was like 6'4 and was the runt of his family.

I remember when at his dad's funeral, Robin ended up giving a lady well over 6 feet tall a flask to drink from and it turned out she was actually like 15.

"Wow. They grow 'em big out here"
Jabroniville

Fire Giants

Post by Jabroniville »

FIRE GIANT
Role:
Giant Man, Super-Slaver
PL 8 (99)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 9 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Expertise (Fire Giant) 7 (+7)
Intimidation 11 (+10, +12 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Rocks) 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Equipment 5, Improved Critical (Axe), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown Attack 2, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
"Giant Senses" Senses 3 (Darkvision, Acute Scent) [3]
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 5) [6]

"Descendants of the Flame of Life"
Immunity 6 (Heat, Fire Damage) [6]
Heat Aura 1 [4]

Equipment:
"Heavy Plate Armour" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 4) (5)
"Slaver's Gear" (3)
"Rocks" Blast 8 (16) -- (17)
  • AE: "Giant Axe" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Restricted- Size) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Giant Axe +5 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Thrown Rocks +7 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +10 (+11 Armour, +3-4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +3

Complications:
Weakness (Cold)- As Creatures of Fire, Fire Giants are highly-vulnerable to Cold-based attacks. While they can melt ice at the touch, a Blast of Cold will do double damage, and Cold environs will eventually leave them Disabled and Incapacitated before finally killing them.
Power Loss (Aura)- Water will douse the Fire Giant's Heat Aura for up to a half an hour.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 13 (99)

-A commoner Fire Giant is still mightier than six Ogres, and enough to take on an entire Questing Party by himself. Heavily-armoured, impervious to arrows and most common weapons, and even hot to the touch, it's no surprise that they're the best slave-catchers in all the lands. Their anger and resistance to fire and heat are legendary, and few Red Mages should ever attempt to assault one.

FIRE GIANT ELITE
Role:
Giant Man, Super-Slaver
PL 10 (128)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Expertise (Fire Giant) 11 (+11)
Intimidation 13 (+12, +14 Size)
Perception 5 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Rocks) 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Equipment 6, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Axe) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
"Giant Senses" Senses 3 (Darkvision, Acute Scent) [3]
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 5) [6]
"Giant's Reach" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) [4]

"Descendants of the Flame of Life"
Immunity 6 (Heat, Fire Damage) [6]
Heat Aura 2 [8]

Equipment:
"Heavy Plate Armour" Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 4) (5)
"Slaver's Gear" (3)
"Rocks" Blast 8 (16) -- (18)
  • AE: "Giant Axe" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Restricted- Size) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (8)
  • AE: "Flail" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Restricted- Size, Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 4) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Giant Axe +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Thrown Rocks +9 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +11 (+12 Armour, +3-4 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +5

Complications:
Weakness (Cold)- As Creatures of Fire, Fire Giants are highly-vulnerable to Cold-based attacks. While they can melt ice at the touch, a Blast of Cold will do double damage, and Cold environs will eventually leave them Disabled and Incapacitated before finally killing them.
Power Loss (Aura)- Water will douse the Fire Giant's Heat Aura for up to a half an hour.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 18 (129)
Jabroniville

Sun Giants

Post by Jabroniville »

SUN GIANT
Creature Type: Humanoid, Giant
Typical Adult Height: 12'-14'
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants once every two years
Lifespan: 0-12 (Child), 13-20 (Young Adult), 21-55 (Adult), 56-89 (Elder)
Nicknames: Sand Giant
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & size, more delicate features.
Skin Tones: Brown (light to dark), pink
Hair: Almost always black or brown
Racial Mounts & Animals: Mummified beasts, Elephant Chariots
Racial Weapons: Large swords, spears, arrows
Religion: The Gods of the Sun, Desert, Survival, Banks & Loans, Travellers & Building Structures

Allies: Humans, Giants

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-10 plus 0-1 Elite, 0-1 Chariot Team, 0-5 Giant Scorpions)
Band (10-20 plus 1-5 Elites, 0-5 Chariot Teams, 0-8 Giant Scorpions, 0-5 Heavies, 0-30 Slaves, 0-1 Monster)
Tribe (15-40 plus 1-10 Elites, 2-15 Chariot Teams, 0-15 Giant Scorpions, 0-10 Heavies, 0-50 Slaves, 0-3 Monsters)

PL Variants:
PL 6-7: Weaker Specimens
PL 8-9: Common Sun Giant
PL 10: Elites
PL 11+: Important Characters

-Sun Giants are the originators of commerce, wealth and industry in the world, and are among the most civilized and prosperous Giant-kin races. Their ancestors began much of modern culture, and were among the few Giant-kin races to side with the "New Races" in the Second Apocalypse, which allowed them a share of the spoils when the Giant Gods finally fell. This act of betrayal has made most other Giants despise the Sun Giants, and as such, Sun Giants are rarely seen on Castellia, for they would likely be attacked on sight by the semi-numerous Giant races. Similarly, other Giants do not inhabit the Far East where the Sun Giants' cultural centres are located.

-Sun Giants have a great many jobs, and even inhabit actual cities, resembling human buildings carved out of sandstone, limestone and granite, built to huge scale. Despite this, they have a poor reputation among lesser-eductated creatures- the problem is, most Sun Giants others encounter are desert nomads. These nomads were often exiled or harassed out from their old communities, or are descended from those who were. These Sun Giants, often called "Sand Giants", are often raiders and criminals, leaving many with the impression that the entire people behave in this manner.

Jab's Notes: These are Egyptian version of the turban & sandal Sun Giants of D&D lore- I felt those were kind of ho-hum, and I wanted a pseudo-Egyptian culture, and I thought, "Hey! You knew who worshiped the Sun? EGYPTIANS!" and simply merged the two together- at least one or two foreign cultures can easily be copied with Giants instead of common humanoids.

SUN GIANT
Role:
Giant Man, Foreign Creature
PL 8 (86)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+7)
Expertise (Commerce) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Structures) 3 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+7, +9 Size)
Perception 3 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 2, Improved Critical (Sword), Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Giant Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
Protection 1 [1]

"Desert Creatures"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Desert Terrain) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Immunity 1 (Heat) [1]

Equipment:
"Large Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 4) (7)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Sword +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +3

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 14 (86)

Jab's Notes: Sun Giants are basically regular ol' Giants with some desert adaptations and no real powers. I figure them for being among the better "Like Humans, but Scaled Up" crowd.
Jabroniville

Cloud Giants

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

CLOUD GIANT
Creature Type: Humanoid, Giant, Air
Typical Adult Height: 16'-20'
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants once every two years
Lifespan: 0-10 (Child), 11-15 (Young Adult), 16-99 (Adult), 100-550 (Elder)
Nicknames: White Giant, Sky Giant
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & size, more delicate features.
Skin Tones: Various shades of white, beige or gray
Hair: Same as skin
Racial Mounts & Animals: Gryphons, Hippogriffs, Rocs, Big Cats (Giant or Common)
Racial Weapons: Large spears
Religion: The Gods of Clouds, Gatherings, Gemstones

Allies: Storm Giants

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-4)
Bands (4-10 plus 0-1 Elites, 0-5 Gryphons or Hippogriffs)
Tribe (8-30, plus 1-10 Elites, 2-13 Gryphons or Hippogriffs, 0-10 Big Cats, 0-3 Monsters)

PL Variants:
PL 7-8: Weaker Specimens
PL 9-10: Common Cloud Giant
PL 11: Elites, Important Characters

-Cloud Giants are somewhat distant, arrogant Gods who view themselves as above most others, floating in their massive Cloud Cities above the rest of the world. Truth be told, they are among the most powerful of Giants, and deserve to be proud- their Cities are among the few portions of Giant civilization not touched by the "Smaller Races", and the Cloud Giants themselves are among the last true descendents of the mighty Giant Gods.

-Cloud Giants do not interact with most other Giants or sentients aside from Storm Giants, who are their superiors (though the Clouds view them as "equals"). They are brusque with most other races, though usually not truly nasty or evil- their arrogance eventually shines through, however. Evil Cloud Giants are certainly known to exist, but they are often well outside the range of their good cousins. They live through hunting at higher altitudes than most creatures can stand, and often have large amounts of livestock (usually Nordic Yak, Cattle or Pachyderms).

-A source of conflict with Cloud Giants and other creatures is their fabled Cities- they are famous as lairs of wealth, opulence and beauty, and as such, are a great target for treasure hunters. Most of these meet a swift end, or a great humiliation- others, however, cause a great deal of damage. Many Evil Wizards have overtaken Cloud Castles.

Jab's Notes: Cloud & Storm Giants always seemed kinda "ho hum" to me, despite being the more powerful Giants by a considerable ways in D&D- they lacked real cultural basis, and rarely appeared in the art, stories, campaign modules, etc. They're even kinda redundant compared to each other- they basically represent what humans believed the Gods were like (only, y'know, in funny colours), with their special powers, cloud-living lifestyle and huge size. 'Course, if your campaign world ALSO uses similar Gods, then these guys just seem like baby versions of Gods. They sit here as more powerful than the other Giants by one PL, and they have some low-tier Super-Powers.

CLOUD GIANT
Role:
Giant Man, Cloud Creature
PL 9 (125)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Weather) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+7, +10 Size)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+8, +2 Size)

Advantages:
Equipment 3, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Spear), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
"Giant Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense, Detect Weather- Radius, Acute) [5]
"Giant's Reach" Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Reach 2) [2]

"Cloud Creatures"
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- High Altitudes/Clouds) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [3]
"Forested Disguise" Enhanced Skills 8: Stealth 8 (+10) (Flaws: Limited to High Altitudes/Clouds) [2]
Immunity 1 (Fog Effects) [1]

"Fog Cloud" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Attack, Area- 30ft. Burst) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Hovering Travel" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Levitation) (3)
Equipment:
"Throwing Spear" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 10) (12)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Throwing Spear +7 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude +9, Will +5

Complications:
Weakness (Wind)- As creatures of the Clouds, Cloud Giants are more prone to high winds than another creatures. Wind-based attacks or Movement effects will have more of an effect than normal.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 15 (125)
scc

Post by scc »

I actually have that Cloud Giant miniature. I got it for the Zombicide Black Plague game I play on occasion. Really good sculpt.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Interesting Id have thought that you'd have combined Cloud and Storm Giants into one thing given that they're basically the same thing just bigger in once case. Storm giants can be related to titans in some ways. :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories