World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Tattooedman »

Davies wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:29 am So they're going to be releasing Freedom City 3e in October, apparently. I think I'm gonna go sleep for a while ...
Well, I guess I'll be happy that they're finally going to put it out.
Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:05 am I don't know if I should be happy they finally listed an official release date... or upset that it seems to have taken them three years to release a book that was "Almost done" every time somebody talked about it. :~/
I'm in the second camp.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Gilliam

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Enemies: Firewing! Doctor Destroyer! Mechanon! Black Paladin!

Post by Gilliam »

I'm looking forward to it and seeing what has changed in Freedom City from the 2E book.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Don't get me wrong - i'm looking forward to FC 3E. I'm just frusterated by GR's taking so long to put it out and the stringing along act they've done about it while putting out other releases for the setting.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm in the same boat.
I agree that Davies has the right idea. Let things come in their own time.

But I'm still frustrated. I've been waiting for this book for a long time and it seems like the support for the M&M stuff has dried up significantly since the new edition came out. They've been teasing this one for ages, then going on to focus on something else.

It's a small company, I get it, and they need to go where the money is, but the complete lack of communication, and years of dangling a carrot in front of our face has resulted in my rampant enthusiasm slowly wearing away to my current level of sullen cynicism.

Add in the "incident" and this is probably the last Green Ronin book I'll be buying.

But I am still holding out a level of optimism. Freedom City was, and still is, my favorite setting adn I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

And even more optimistically wait for Davies to fix it! ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wow, that vote of confidence isn't utterly terrifying. :lol: The only parts that I'm really concerned about the necessity of fixing are the reasons that Ultima Thule and Shamballah weren't in the Atlas ... and the rumors I've been hearing about Seven turning to the dark side at some point ... and whether I'm right about Jonathan Grant having been mayor and how that played out ... and what Captain Thunder's getting up to in his retirement ... and ... um ... I did have a point here. :oops:
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:58 pm But I'm still frustrated. I've been waiting for this book for a long time and it seems like the support for the M&M stuff has dried up significantly since the new edition came out. They've been teasing this one for ages, then going on to focus on something else.

It's a small company, I get it, and they need to go where the money is, but the complete lack of communication, and years of dangling a carrot in front of our face has resulted in my rampant enthusiasm slowly wearing away to my current level of sullen cynicism.

Add in the "incident" and this is probably the last Green Ronin book I'll be buying.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're in the same boat (no clue who's steering, but that's a whole other thing ;))
But I am still holding out a level of optimism. Freedom City was, and still is, my favorite setting adn I look forward to seeing what they do with it.

And even more optimistically wait for Davies to fix it! ;~)
Agree on both parts there.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Davies wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 pm Wow, that vote of confidence isn't utterly terrifying. :lol: The only parts that I'm really concerned about the necessity of fixing are the reasons that Ultima Thule and Shamballah weren't in the Atlas ... and the rumors I've been hearing about Seven turning to the dark side at some point ... and whether I'm right about Jonathan Grant having been mayor and how that played out ... and what Captain Thunder's getting up to in his retirement ... and ... um ... I did have a point here. :oops:
Which are twice the number of things I'm wondering about as I've been hearing the same things.....
Shock

Post by Shock »

Happy birthday Davies :D
Davies

Post by Davies »

Shock wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm Happy birthday Davies :D
Thank you! :D
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Happy Birthday!
Davies

Post by Davies »

greycrusader wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:41 am Happy Birthday!
Thanks! Got Starfinder and Tomb of Annihilation as presents, so I'm pretty happy.
Davies

Post by Davies »

From Ronin Roundtable:
Crimelord August Roman is out of the picture, replaced entirely by his endlessly opportunistic daughter.
Called it ten years ago. :D
Davies

Post by Davies »

So apparently we might just be getting Freedom City on Monday. If this turns out to be a false flag again ...

Not every legacy is a happy one.

When he was in his late teens, Billy Baldwin was exposed to a strange radiation and soon realized that he'd gained the power to alter his physical form in any way imaginable. He resolved to use this ability to protect the innocent, and became the superhero Morphogenesis and join the League in their Bronze Age incarnation. He was also a family man, marrying one Sophia Kellerman and having two children, Rachel (born 1970) and William Jr. (born 1976).

While times were tough for the young Baldwin family, they were happy and reasonably prosperous. It soon became apparent that Rahcel had inherited super-powers from her father, though hers were very different. Instead of being able to change her own body's substance, she was able to cause such molecular changes in objects that she touched. Her physiology was also every bit as robust as her father's, but that wouldn't become apparent for some time.

Tragically, Billy Baldwin was killed in 1983, fighting alongside the Atom Family against an invasion from Sub-Terra. Left destitute by this loss, Sophia Baldwin made an effort to re-connect with her father, expecting to be turned away again. Surprisingly, he agreed to let them live with him, but proved to be cold (and occasionally verbally cruel) to Rachel, and to a lesser extent towards her brother as well. Making matters worse, Rachel was home-schooled by a series of tutors, some of whom were physically abusive, and nearly all of whom called her a freak -- either to her face, or when they thought she couldn't hear.

Two years later, Rachel was manipulated by her mother into killing her grandfather with the heretofore unknown other side of her super-power -- a toxic touch attack. Tried as an adult due to the serious nature of the crime, Rachel was painted by the prosecution as being every bit as dangerous as the outlawed vigilantes called FORCE Ops. The prosecutors were unable to secure a first degree murder conviction, but did convince the jury to find her guilty of second-degree murder, and sentence her to twenty to life.

Dispatched to serve her sentence at Blackrock, Rachel wasn't exactly what the corrections officers would calle a model prisoner -- she basically moped around, passing up chances to improve herself, and never snitched. Still, she did win points when she passed up the chance to escape the prison during the Terminus Invasion. Even that, though, was apparently more due to her belief that this time the world was doomed, and she could see no point to escaping under those circumstances.

Finally, in 2006, she became eligible for parole. Most of the police officers and prosecutors who'd worked her case had become "unavailable" after the end of the Moore era, and her mother (who'd become the fifteenth wealthiest Freedonian after inheriting her father's fortune) didn't bother to show up for the hearing. With Warden Drummer's generally positive recommendation, the parole board granted Rachel early release, contingent on her doing community service with Freedom City's Project Freedom.

So Rachel (or Toxic, as the papers dubbed her) joined the Ex-Cons for what was expected to be a twenty year sentence. Her transmutation abilities proved an asset to the team's "regular" community projects, and she was surprised to find herself making friends with her teammates. During the events dubbed 'the Time of Vengeance', she played a crucial role in ending the rampage of the Death Angel, and was horrified to be the recipient of the latter's last words: "All I ever wanted was to be a hero like you."

Shaken by this, she was further startled over the next few months to discover evidence of her mother's misdeeds, resulting in her brother's imprisonment for a series of serial killings and her mother's flight from the country. Gradually, under the mentorship of Harriet Wainwright, and with the friendship of many of the members of Project Freedom, she came to realize that she wanted to be a hero ... and found herself confronted with the opportunities to do so, confronting Omega himself on two separate occasions.

After the last mission of Wainwright's Project Freedom, Toxic was offered a pardon but refused it. She believed that she had a responsibility to remain as part of Project Freedom to honor Wainwright's memory, at least until she could complete the terms of her probation. In the following years, she remained as one of the team's few constants, and often the team leader. She also maintained the romantic relationship she'd begun with fellow Project Freedom veteran Frederik 'Dr. Sane' Zane, even as he was active as the team's technical advisor.

Toxic, Zane and the rest of Project Freedom were highly involved in the secret wars in Freedom City between 2008 and 2013, and the end of the Grant administration was as much the result of their hard work as it was Daedelus and the Raven's investigation. Folowing the celebration of the election of Callie Summers, however, Toxic found herself pregnant with Zane's child, and gave birth to Billie in 2015. Anyone expecting motherhood to soften her a bit should probably kick themselves for idiocy ...

Not every legacy is a happy one ... but Toxic is bound and determined that her kid will get just that.

Toxic -- PL 12

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 4 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 6 | INT 1 | AWE 3 | PRE 3
Powers: Weird Aura (Array: Continuous Transform 15 [any non-living material into anything else, 12 tons], Precise, Quirk [injured and fatigued by transforming "exotic materials"], AP: Damage 15, Resisted by Fortitude, Reaction [physical contact], Secondary Effect, AP: Cumulative Progressive Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude, Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated), Reaction [physical contact], Secondary Effect ), Weird Constitution (Enhanced Fortitude 10, Impervious; Immunity 2 (critical hits); Protection 6; Impervious Toughness 10, Limited to Physical), Weird Senses (Senses 3 [acute touch, analytical touch, detect life (mental)]), Mental Link (Sense 1 [communication link with Frederik Zane]).
Advantages: Connected, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire, Ultimate Effort (Fortitude)
Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+9), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Superheroes 8 (+9), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 5 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+11)
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 1), Lethal Setting +9 (Damage 15, Resisted by Fortitude), Not-As-Lethal-Setting +9 (Cumulative Progressive Fortitude 10).
Defenses: Dodge 14, Parry 6, Fortitude 14, Toughness 10, Will 10
Totals: Abilities 48+Advantages 5+Skills 19+Powers 120+Defenses 18=210
Complications: Doing Good--Motivation. Enemy (Toxic's worst enemy, her mother, remains at large and commands considerable resources), Relationship (Toxic is firmly in love with Frederik Zane, and has friendships with Donnie Benis, Charlie Graham and Zalman.
She also looks out for any former members of Project Freedom. Except for Robin Greyfaulks, because BEEP her, man, BEEP her. And then there's her kid.) Temper (Toxic has a bitter, cynical and sarcastic streak a mile long. She doesn't readily trust authority figures, and is particularly skeptical about the wealthy until she gets a chance to know them.), Unreliable Power (Toxic's "not-as-lethal" aura has been known to 'flare' into its fully lethal levels without warning).
Last edited by Davies on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shock

Post by Shock »

That smile is much scarier when it's got a PL12 Touch of Death to back it up.

I like Inspire and that her Persuasion has outpaced her Intimidation.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

You know, I think this is the first time I've ever seen Impervious Fortitude in a build. It's a good alternative to a boatload of immunities, I'll have to try and use it myself.

Doesn't a rank 15 aura make her PL 15, though?