Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Arkrite

Re: Jab's Builds! (Capt. Scarlet! Casablanca! Cerebro! Lupin III!)

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, you kind of hit the nail on the head there.
I went back and read the comics, watched a few of the movies, and the older show when I got a chance and... yeah, nothing lives up to Castle of Cagliostro.

In fact in the comics you run into some weirdness with the characters being brand new.

Lupin is far more willing to kill, and he's far less worried about the ladies wanting his attentions. Jigen appears as a deadly bad guy hired by Lupin's opponent of the week. And almost every girl looks like Fujiko...

I far prefer the characterization in the Castle of Cagliostro with the redeemable cast of misfits thieves.

That all being said I haven't seen the new tv series yet...
Jabroniville

The Count

Post by Jabroniville »

THE COUNT OF CAGLIOSTRO
Created By:
Hayao Miyazaki
First Appearance: The Castle of Cagliostro
Role: The Big Bad, Egotistical Rich Guy, The Power Behind the Throne
Group Affiliations: The Cagliostros
PL 8 (127)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Politics) 8 (+12)
Expertise (History) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Assassin) 8 (+12)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Vehicles 5 (+8)

Advantages: 
Beginner's Luck, Benefit 4 (Wealth, Cagliostro's Height of Power), Connected, Contacts, Equipment 3, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 7, Well-Informed

Equipment:
"Autogyro" (6)
"Armour" Protection 1 (1)
"Finger Rockets" Blast 5 (Flaws: Limited to 2 Uses) (5) -- (6)
AE: "Sword" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Finger Rockets +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+5 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (127)

THE COUNT'S ELITE GOONS
Created By:
Hayao Miyazaki
First Appearance: The Castle of Cagliostro
Role: Elite Mooks
Group Affiliations: The Cagliostros
PL 6 (42)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 5 (+7)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+7)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2

Equipment:
"Armour" Protection 2 (2)
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 6) (Flaws: Limited to Ballistics) (5)
"Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Claws +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+4 Armour, +6 Ballistics), Fortitude +4, Will +0

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 4 (42)

-The Count is every bit your typical Lupin III villain- an egotistical, smarmy, super-confident man of immense wealth and lust for greed and power. Lust for greed, Lupin understands. But he's in it for kicks- all these power-hungry bastards are just BEGGING to have stuff stolen from him. And the Count's wealth comes from the two long-standing secrets of the tiny (pop. 3,500) principality of Cagliostro, the smallest member of the United Nations: 1) The fact that the Count's family have been the secret guiding hand of the monarchy for generations, dealing out political assassinations, and 2) The "Goat Bills", a legendary counterfit bill set-up that allows them to affect the global economy on a vast scale. The latter is Lupin's target, being a legend among thieves. The former he could have cared less about... had it not threatened a girl he admired. See, Princess Clarisse, the orphaned daughter of the last monarchs, is now of-age, and is about to be married to the Count, combining the two Houses of Cagliostro, which will set off an ancient prophecy. And this is what sets him up to get owned.

-The Count is smart, capable and very, very wealthy, packing an absolute HORDE of PL 5 goons (not included as part of his cost), that are nearly immune to gunfire (Jigen had to switch to a REALLY big gun to nail them), connections to the UN (he gets Zenigata thrown of the case as soon as he becomes annoying), and a vast castle, among the most bad-ass bases I have EVER seen- a giant medieval castle full of secret chambers, trap doors, a nigh-unbreachable room (a room in a tower, reachable only by a moving trackway in another part of the castle), a huge pit of dead bodies, a hidden chamber of counterfeit plates, and more. Simply awesome. He's a good fighter too, but lacks the finesse of Lupin, who holds him off using a wrench as a makeshift weapon, and then escapes each time they fight. He's calm and collected, until you REALLY tick him off, at which point he becomes obsessed and crazy. Just like a good villain does.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, that is unfortunate. I watched the Mystery of Mamo and a few others, and while they were good, of them have that mix of action, comedy, and gravitas. I've heard that Monkey Punch himself was annoyed at how much the Castle of Cagliostro overshadowed his ideal version.
Jabroniville

Lethal Legions

Post by Jabroniville »

THE LETHAL LEGION:
-There have been numerous "Lethal Legions" in the course of Marvel Comics, and pretty much all of them are shorthand for "Generic Super-Villain Team". Most are led by one random villain, and are made up of random baddies that are otherwise unrelated. I've had this team on The List for ages, but since it's characters I've statted before, I can just write out a general history.

The Lethal Legion I:
-Debuting in Avengers #78 in 1970, this group was formed by the Grim Reaper, and was made up of Man-Ape, Power Man (Erik Josten, aka Goliath/Atlas), The Living Laser, and The Swordsman. The team was split up and sent after the Avengers, but the Black Panther, their captive, broke free and alerted the team. However, this was the Reaper's plan, and soon the Avengers are captured, save Vision, who disguises himself as Power Man (and Power Man as him), breaking the team free and helping them win.

The Lethal Legion II:
-Seven years later, Count Nefaria forms his own Legion, consisting of Living Laser, Power Man and Whirlwind. Their powers are mangified, but he reveals his true purpose- to steal their magnified powers for himself. He fails, and the Legion are arrested.

The Lethal Legion III:
-Eight years later sees the third Legion in the West Coast Avengers book. This one is led by The Grim Reaper once more, and features The Black Talon, Man-Ape, Goliath (Power Man), Nekra and Ultron-12. Ultron here was a mere goon, and was pretty ignominiously defeated compared to his usual lofty status as a bad guy. Personal agendas and squabbles break up this team after beating the Avengers only once. They scatter, and pretty much only the Reaper really matters.

The Lethal Legion IV:
-That same year also sees the fourth team in a one-off in Marvel Age Annual #1 (1985). Kurt Busiek (in 1985!) writes The Porcupine as the team's leader, and he leads a goofball squadron of Attuma, Batroc the Leaper, The Wrecking Crew (minus Thunderball), Black Tiger, Kurr'fri of the Saurians (??), Gorilla-Man, The Trapster, Thundra, The Unicorn, Whirlwind & Sabretooth (pre-Wolverine hate) against Captain America, who is soon backed up by other Marvel heroes. The end of the battle is not seen, but is observed by The Beyonder.

The Lethal Legion V:
-1993 sees the West Coast Avengers meeting another Legion in one of their last issues (#98). This one is formed by Satannish, who uses the souls of four famous historical killers found in Mephisto's portion of Hell- Coldsteel (Joseph Stalin), Axe of Violence (Lizzie Borden), Cyana (Lucrezia Borgia), Zyklon (Heinrich Himmler) & Hangman, a horror-themed bad guy. They soon lost their powers, and their souls were obliterated in the struggle between Satannish & Mephisto.

The Lethal Legion VI:
-The sixth and most recent Legion appeared in 2009 (the largest skip in time thus far for the group), and was led by The Grim Reaper once more, aided by his brother Wonder Man in opposing Norman Osborn. They ally with Nekra, Mister Hyde, Tiger Shark & Absorbing Man, though once the Williams brothers are gone, they recruit Grey Gargoyle.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

it should be "Heros de Paris", actually

Post by Jabroniville »

LES HEROES DE PARIS:
Created By: J. Michael Straczynski & Mike McKone
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #541 (Feb. 2007)
-A stopover in the Civil War story featured Ben Grimm leaving New York out of disgust with the Civil War (he disagreed with Reed's take on things). He ends up in Paris of all places, and despite being completely incongruous with the City of Light, he gets along with the Parisian defenders, Les Heroes de Paris. They're Marvel's 90th homage to DC characters, but as they're more of a gag than real characters, it's fine.

-Les Heroes recruit Ben to help them fight L'Empereur du Monde Souterrain, who has assembled an army of rock creatures and destroy all of Paris. Ben, finding enjoyment in a world where you can "understand who the bad guys are" again, gladly agrees to help. Ben recognizes "women troubles" in the villain, taking him down and dropping him in front of his estranged girlfriend, who is impressed by his devotion, and takes him back. Anais briefly attempts to get with Ben romantically, but he lets her down easy, and heads back to New York. Personally, I just find it amusing that the attempted murder of more than two million people results in letting a guy off with a warning.

The Roster:
ADAMANTINE: The team leader has poorly defined powers, but can fly and is likely a Paragon-style Flying Brick.
COMTE DE NUIT: A Batman-analogue whose parents were murdered by thieves, and now fights evil as "The Night Count". He later appears in an X-Force issue working for Le Bureau Discret (a secretive organization), but is easily defeated by the heroes.
ANAIS: The exiled queen of a lost cat civilization in the Sahara desert, she can control all felines. Appears in the same X-Force issue.
DETECTIVE FANTOME: An avenging spirit who wanders the Earth until he can solve the mystery of his own murder, and allow himself into Heaven. He prowls the Louvre at night, searching its mysteries (and seriously, that museum is friggin' big).
LE VENT: "The Wind" is a speedster who can never slow down, owing to a sorcerer's curse. He races at Mach 4.
LE COWBOY: A Parisian homage to the Wild West.
LA LUMIERE BLEUE: A flying guy who shines "The Blue Light of Truth" to reveal all secrets. A rather obvious Green Lantern parody, right down to the "Power Ring"-style mask.
DOCTEUR Q: A great scientist & weapons designer now in search of peace.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Unapp seems to have some more descriptions of the Heros de Paris's powers, since it says Adamantine is indeed a flying brick on the team page.
Jabroniville

Super Fighting Robot

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA MAN:
-And now for a look at one of Capcom's oldest and most successful franchises- MEGA MAN!! This set is based off of one I did a generation ago- a set of 2nd Edition builds that drew a tiny bit of attention back when I first posted them, but even got a Taliesin comment by the end. Doing these was a case of literally translating the builds over, which believe me, was a HELL of a slog. I actually finished this about a month ago, but didn't find the place to post them until now.

The Mega Man series debuted in 1987, featuring the Blue Bomber (called "Rockman" in Japan) going up against six evil Robot Masters and the mad Doctor Wily. The game proved popular enough (despite the worst cover in video game history being on the package of the U.S. version) to gain a sequel. And another sequel. And another sequel. And another- though most fans find the games peaked with the second or third, the game lasted for seven full games on the Nintendo Entertainment System, each one basically identical in concept. "They're all the same!" cried a friend of mine in Middle School, and he was right. The games proved popular enough to get a series on the Game Boy as well, often with different Bosses

Eventually, however, the games spun off. The Mega Man X series reached acclaim on the Super Nintendo. Mega Man 8 was also released for that system, but didn't do overly well. The PlayStation & Saturn's generation saw more games, and they continued forth. Modern times are STILL seeing releases of the games, though 2-D action is not the seller it once was. Mega Man remains an industry icon, but his biggest appearances will likely be in spin-offs and other genres from now on.

Among the distinct aspects of the games was the ability to CHOOSE the stage and Boss you fought, rather than taking a linear approach. Key to the game's concept was the fact that every time you defeated a Boss, you gained a new special weapon! This increased your moveset, and the fun of the game itself. And as you played, trial and error would let you figure out which Boss was weak against which weapon- they would do more damage!

Mega Man was the only playable character for years, with Dr. Wily and Proto Man being recurring villains. Bass would become playable in a later edition, as would Proto Man. Note that many of the character names are puns on music- this is somewhat broken by the hero no longer being called "Rock" (where "Rockman" comes from), so a female ally being named Roll, an antihero named Bass, etc., now just seem to come out of nowhere. A few random side-games, like Mega Man Soccer and an RPG series, Mega Man Legends, also came out, some getting a bit of acclaim. Though the Soccer one is snark-bait, I remember finding it my favorite soccer video game as a teen.

The character appeared in a TV series in the '90s which was pretty bad, though had some meme-tastic moments (like when Mega absorbed Pharaoh Man's powers, only to be uppercutted away).

Of the games I'll be detailing, we'll see the original eight, Mega Man & Bass (SNES), the series for DOS computers, a WonderSwan game, and the Game Boy series as well. The sequel series, Mega Man X, will be a project for the future (of course, I said that in 2010 as well, so we'll see how far that goes :). I imagine Koroko will remind me if I forget this time around!). I won't be tackling other side games, like Mega Man Battle Network or whatever- I lack the comprehension of those games, or the will do stat up a billion OTHER characters :).

Power Levels:
For Power Levels, I decided, after much thought, to keep them the way I had them in 2e. Though in-universe, it seems like Mega Man is far superior to most of his foes, in the GAMES, the Robot Masters are often quite devastating, and difficult to defeat. So everyone across the board is a PL 10 threat. Going by the cartoon, for example, Mega is easily PL 10, while the villains are a PL 7-8 Goon Squad of idiots. Assuming "real world" incarnations, that's likely fair as well. But in the games, the Bosses have erratic movements, hard-to-dodge powers, etc. Unready players should prepare to have the list of "What Beats Whom" ready.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Special thanks go to Koroko Mystia for his help/insistence, here. His eagerness to see the builds helped push me along in FINALLY translating these over to 3rd Edition- I'd forgotten about it for years, and the daunting nature of the project kept me from doing it during my Video Game Builds series last year, which I'd figured went on for three months already, and I didn't want to punish the non-gamers reading my thread any further.

He also led me towards the Game Boy, DOS & WonderSwan games. For those, I'll be using a Template for the bosses. For the 2nd Edition builds, I actually watched playthroughs of EVERY GAME, allowing me to properly place all of the Robot Masters in terms of power, and even their stages. I'll do the same for Mega Man X.

(I edited my series bio above to be longer. I was ready to start posting today, but realized I forgot to do my standard Essay-length preamble :))
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:57 am Unapp seems to have some more descriptions of the Heros de Paris's powers, since it says Adamantine is indeed a flying brick on the team page.
Oh, I see. Still mostly the same stuff, though. "Blue light of truth" and "was a ghost detective" and stuff. Not really worth statting as Blind Builds :).
Scots Dragon

Re: Super Fighting Robot

Post by Scots Dragon »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 am Power Levels:
For Power Levels, I decided, after much thought, to keep them the way I had them in 2e. Though in-universe, it seems like Mega Man is far superior to most of his foes, in the GAMES, the Robot Masters are often quite devastating, and difficult to defeat. So everyone across the board is a PL 10 threat. Going by the cartoon, for example, Mega is easily PL 10, while the villains are a PL 7-8 Goon Squad of idiots. Assuming "real world" incarnations, that's likely fair as well. But in the games, the Bosses have erratic movements, hard-to-dodge powers, etc. Unready players should prepare to have the list of "What Beats Whom" ready.
The way I see it, if you're going to judge by the in-game stuff, it should be whatever the 'ideal run' is for the hero rather than whatever the player's actual skill level is. Also keeping in mind that bosses are such a pain in the arse because the GM's probably exploiting various tactics and introducing complications like crazy, as well as the villains in question benefiting from not having to use minions rules like the rest of the robot villains in the stage.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Jabroniville

Robot Masters

Post by Jabroniville »

ROBOT MASTER TEMPLATE
PL 10 (114)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Robotic Frame" Protection 8 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Other Boss's Attack)- The Robot Masters are incredibly weak against at least one other attack- usually one captured from another defeated boss.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 14 (114)

-The Robot Masters in the Mega Man series can be unbelievably tough, especially in the early games. With as much health as Mega Man, they take very little damage, leap around the screen VERY quickly, making them hard to hit, and their attacks do one hell of a lot of damage. So it's a good thing Mega Man often has a series of weapons that works specifically against these guys then, huh :)? This Template serves almost all of the Robot Masters well, assuming they're all at the same level (a few might be weaker- I'll do research and see for each one). I chose to give them all a fair bit of strength, given that they can injure Mega Man easily just by touching him (and he can't do the same), and they all should have +8 Toughness, since they take so little damage (most of the time). Basically, they're a legion of Power Level 10 adversaries, keyed around one concept.

-Most Robot Masters will be this Template plus their chosen power & weakness exclusively, but a few modifications will be made for some. So this Template will be used a lot with little changing.

Note: Every Robot Master will bestow a single weapon to Mega Man, allowing him a new power. Some are better than others (Metal Man of course gives the best, most unbalancing one EVER), and most are a little weaker than when the bosses use them. Most of them are significantly better than the Mega Buster, but have the drawback (un-statted in 3rd Edition) that they "Drain" in power with every use (some more than others). It's a minor flaw, since you can grab "boosts" from dead enemies, though.
Jabroniville

Re: Super Fighting Robot

Post by Jabroniville »

Scots Dragon wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:25 am Power Levels:
The way I see it, if you're going to judge by the in-game stuff, it should be whatever the 'ideal run' is for the hero rather than whatever the player's actual skill level is. Also keeping in mind that bosses are such a pain in the arse because the GM's probably exploiting various tactics and introducing complications like crazy, as well as the villains in question benefiting from not having to use minions rules like the rest of the robot villains in the stage.
Generally, I assume Stage Bosses are equal to the hero, while the Final Boss is superior. It fits, in that the heroes are assumed to have beaten the bad guys in each game, but not EASILY.
Jabroniville

Mega Man

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA MAN:
-The original game in the series was a big hit, but stands out in an odd way for having only six Robot Masters. Many other things that later became important do not exist here either, such as Rush, Proto Man or most of Mega Man's allies. But the Robot Masters have become very iconic- Mega Man supplementary materials will ALWAYS feature at least Cut Man & Guts Man in prominent roles. These Robot Masters all have pretty simplistic designs, but they're mostly quite decent, and set the stage for what comes later- most later games would also include fire, ice, and electricity-themed guys.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ice Man & Elec Man

Post by Jabroniville »

ICE MAN (Mega Man 1)
PL 10 (142)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 ("Nintendo Hard" Base), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Ice & Snow) [2]
"Ice Slasher" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 2, Split 2) [23]
Immunity 5 (Ice & Cold Damage) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Ice Slasher +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Thunder Beam)- Elec Man's Thunder Beam does extra damage to Ice Man.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 30 / Defenses: 12 (142)

-Ice Man is a classic, though he looks ridiculously silly (basically an adorable caucasian Inuit in a blue parka). He's pretty simple, just firing out three Ice Slashers in succession, which do a HELL of a lot of damage when they hit. But he's so vulnerable to the Thunder Beam that you can kill him in three hits, just standing their and taking damage from one shot in the meantime. Notable in that he can't jump very far. The Ice Slasher is a standard "slightly more powerful than Mega Blaster" Boss Weapon, but it has a notable side-effect in being able to freeze some things.

Bestows the:
"Ice Slasher" AE: Snare 8 (24) -- [25]
  • AE: Blast 9 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Split 2) (22)

ELEC MAN (Mega Man 1)
PL 10 (136)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Thunder Beam" Electrical Blast 11 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) [24]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Thunder Beam +8 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Rolling Cutter)- Cut Man's Rolling Cutter does extra damage to Elec Man.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 + 24 / Defenses: 12 (136)

-Elec Man is one of the better-designed early Robot Masters (being based visually off of Wolverine, actually), and possesses the best weapon in the first game by a ways- the Thunder Beam, a very powerful, good-sized blast. Elec Man jumps around a bunch, and has a classic "element" theme, a hallmark of good Mega Man themed villains. Even so, he's horrifically vulnerable to the Rolling Cutter- I've seen Youtube clips of players killing him with only 4 dashes of health left by using it three times.

Bestows the:
"Thunder Beam" Electrical Blast 10 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) [22]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

An interesting note about the first Mega Man game: There was actually a removed Robot Master, known as Bond Man. See, the story is, there were originally meant to be 8 Robot Masters, but technical limitations meant they could only have 6. The trouble was, they'd already designed 7, so they had to drop one of them, and Bond Man was it. He's quite the mystery, and was considered to be put in Powered Up, but Inafune wanted to leave him as the "legend" that he was. His weapon was shooting glue at Mega Man to keep him in place, so a Contagious Snare on top of the usual template should do the trick. There's no offical name for his weapon, but some people use "Bonding Glue".

It's good that you're including the Wonderswan guys, too, but I'm also curious if you'll include the others I mentioned (Duo, the four Dark Men, Fake Man, Doc Robot, and the Genesis Unit) Doc Robot is basically just the Template with a random MM2 Robot Master's weapon loaded onto it, though the comics version is loaded with all of the MM2 weapons at once, making for a formidable opponent, but also struggles with their personalities surfacing and conflicting.