New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 6 CND: Normal

Lex growls and grips the armrest on his chair when the dinosaur bites a Doug.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal
Before the displaced prince could act, Mickie charged at the dinosaur. “Jump back, what’s that sound? Here she comes, full blast and top down!” The metal girl lowered her shoulder and slammed into the beast’s leg, sending it toppling to the side. “Hot shoe! Burnin’ down the avenue! Model citizen! Zero discipline!”
Cocking his head to one side Tamati wasn't sure he was hearing right but then a grin spread across his watery face yes she was singing Van Halen an old song but still a goodie. And her attack was more than effective toppling the T-Rex.

"That was awesome, good work everyone." Tamati shouted pumping the air as he joined Mickie and the others where the dinosaur had fallen offering fist bumps and high-5s to the other teens.

Looking up at the scoreboard Tamati looked a bit confused "I would have thought that was a 10 at least not a 3."
As he took in the change in terrain, Tamati noticed something else: Doctor Bacon helping Herta to her feet.
Noticing Herta, Tamati rushed over to check on her

"Herta how are you feeling?"
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

TEAM VIOLET (Dennis and Violet; NPCs: Derryl-731, Heidi, Sarah)
Violet's attacks seemed to daze the beast. Had the others closed the gap, they might have been able to take advantage of the opening. Instead, it was Dennis who moved against the Brobdingnagian lizard. A spectral assault not only stunned the dinosaur, but felled it. As it began to topple to the ground, it and the jungle it had come from faded from existence, replaced instead with a crimson hue that baptized everything.

On the wall ahead of them, a score appeared: "1 PT".
Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqwif80uq1bu ... 2.jpg?dl=0

The Order – Round Two
  • Dennis (20)
  • T-Rex (14 – E4): Bruised x3, Stunned (Violet, R1)
  • Violet (13)
  • Heidi (5)
  • Derryl (20)
  • Sarah (1)
T-Rex - Will - DC 23: 1d20+5 7 Dino is down.

Two rounds; zero loses.
TEAM HERTA (Tamati; NPCs: Herta, Mickie, Napoleon, Regina)
"Herta" Tamati said as he moved to check on her, "how are you feeling?"

"Frustrated," the Romanian girl hissed. "It took me out in one move." She looked to the physician. "Do you know if this simulation is one that will be open to us?"

Bacon regarded her impassively. "It is doubtful they'll permit you to train against this one. It was intended as a team exercise. One-on-one, you-"

"I could have taken it."

TEAM ROSE (NPCs: Derryl-333, Kelly, Melissa, Rose, Shelby)
The dinosaur swung his head and slammed Shelby, but the young woman wasn't budged. She and Derryl again screamed together, but the feed back only seemed to affect her: unconscious, Shelby fell out of the air. Just as she collided with the ground, the air below her shimmered, as though the Wreck Room forged a cushion to protect her from harm.

With the invulnerable threat down, the dinosaur opted to focus on the diminutive girl buzzing across its snout. It chomped at her, but Kelly was far to agile. Unfortunately, in such a form, she was less resilient, and a scream from Derryl made her revert to her natural size. As she fell to the ground, caught on the same invisible cushion as Shelby, she vanished from the field.

Only Derryl and Melissa remained standing.

The T-Rex bent down and bit into Derryl. Derryl gave a scream that surprised the dinosaur enough to release him. It looked as though Derryl had been bitten in half, but somehow he was still standing... but barely. As he wobbled on the spot, the dinosaur bit at him again and this time Derryl vanished from the battlefield.

The sole member of her team, Melissa held up her hand. "Yeah, I surrender," she said casually.

The terrain faded. The room turned red. Doctor Fisher was waving smelling salts under Derryl's nose. Rose was helping Kelly to her feet. Shelby was glaring at the Greek girl. "What is your deal?" she asked. "You didn't do anything!"

"And yet," Melissa said, "we still got sixteen points. That's pretty good."

The headmistress contradicted her. "It's pretty bad. You want to have the lowest score. The longer the clock ticks, the more points you get. You get a point for every teammate who falls. You get an additional five for surrendering."

Melissa glared at Rose. "Well, maybe Flaty McGee should have picked someone who can actually fight." She smirked at Derryl. "Rather than someone who took out half the team himself."

The Order – Round Four/Five/Six/Seven
  • Rose (17 – C13): Bruised x2, Staggered x2, Unconscious
  • T-Rex (7 - E4): Bruised
  • Melissa (6)
  • Shelby (15 – J4): Bruised x4, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Derryl (6 – J7): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Kelly (4 - E7): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
Question about the combined area attacks, were they in each others' areas and have to make saves vs. the others' area effect? (Unless they're immune of course).
Aye, they are. Derryl has Sensory Shield, but both still need to roll. Any time I'm rolling this many dice, I tend to flub up and miss things. Thanks for catching that!

Cacophony - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 9 & Cacophony - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+2 22 I neglected to take her bruise into account. Still, it's only another bruise.

Virtuoso - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 14 & Virtuoso - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+10 28

T-Rex on Shelby: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 27 Hits but imp saves her.

Melissa is useless here. Shelby and Derryl will do the thing. T-Rex - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+12 19 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+13 32

Cacophony - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 12 & Cacophony - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20 2 Down. Sans her powers, she'll fall. A T-Rex is about 15-20' tall, so I'm just going to go with 20'--a +2 damage bonus. Cacophony - Toughness - DC 17: 1d20 5 Another bruise.

Virtuoso - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+2 5 & Virtuoso - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+10 21 Bruised.

Leannán Sí - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+6 22 Evasion saves her.

Kelly will continue to fly in the dinosaur's face. I keep forgetting to having her take a Defensive Stance. -4 Attack (oh, no!) and +2 Dodge.

Given that the teams including the PCs have finished, I'm going to keep going with the last two teams. Round five begins with the T-Rex going for Kelly: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 14 Swing and a miss.

Derryl does his thing: T-Rex - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+12 31 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+13 33

Leannán Sí - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+6 11 & Leannán Sí - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20-5 4 Kelly is down.

Round Six will kick off with the t-rex going for Derryl: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 32 Yeah. That's probably Derryl... Virtuoso - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+2 19 Bruised, stunned, staggered.

Melissa does her thing. Derryl barely stays conscious.

Round seven: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 32 ... Okay. Orokos hates Derryl. Virtuoso - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+1 14 Derryl is down.

Melissa quits.
TEAM BEATRICE (NPCs: Beatrice, Cassidy, Doug, Nicole, Steven)
Beatrice's team continued to throw everything they had at the dinosaur. Beatrice herself got some blows in, but never drew the beast's focus from Doug. More than once it nicked the American: he only barely flew out of the creature's jaws. He hung in the fight, but it was abundantly clear that he was wearing down. When he finally failed to dodge the monster's bite, he vanished from the battlefield and evoked a scream from his girlfriend.

"'E'll be fine!" Beatrice called back to her. "Ze Wreck Room 'as safeties! Just stay back be-"

Too late, the dinosaur turned its attention to Steven and with one bite, removed him from the fight as well.

Again, Beatrice swung for the creature, but the battle had drawn on too long, and she was getting tired. Her fist swung harmlessly through the air. In contrast, Cassidy placed her hand on the lizard's leg, but it didn't seem to do much but draw the dinosaur's attention. In one bite, Beatrice had lost another teammate.

"If I go down," she called back to Nicole, "surrender." She swung and stumbled. She looked up and stood her ground as the creature bared its fangs at her. "Guess I'm still not in your league, my love."

The dinosaur removed Beatrice from the battle and Nicole raised her hand high above her head. "We quit," she said. Then, fearing she might not have been heard, she added, "WE QUIT!"

The terrain vanished around her. A score appeared on the far fall: "19 PTS".

The Order – Round Four/Five/Six/Seven/Eight
  • T-Rex (16 - E16): -1 CON, Bruised x3, Staggered
  • Steven (15): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Beatrice (10 - E19): Bruised x2, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Cassidy (9): Bruised, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Quail (6): Bruised x4, Staggered x2, Unconscious
  • Chameleon (5)
The t-rex will go for Doug: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 31 & Quail - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+3 13 Bruised, stunned, and staggered. Quail - Concentration - DC 13: 1d20+4 18 Doug stays in his quail-form.

Steven - Attack: 1d20+1 19 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20+13 18

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 24 Well damn. T-Rex - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20+13 18 Bruised, stunned, and staggered.

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 5

Doug is stunned.

Round five kicks off. Dino is stunned. Steven - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+3 22 &
T-Rex - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20+12 21

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 13 Wiff.

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 12

Quail - Attack: 1d20+2 14

Round six! T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 25 & Quail - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+1 21 Doug holds on!

Steven - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+3 12

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 18 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+12 18 Bruised and stunned.

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 9

Quail - Attack: 1d20+2 8

Round seven! Dino is stunned.

Steven - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+3 16 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20+11 27

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 21 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+11 31

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 7

Quail - Attack: 1d20+2 3

Round eight! Dino on Quail: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 31 & Quail - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20 10 Beatrice loses a member of her team.

Steven - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+3 14

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 21 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 23: 1d20+11 26

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 14

Round eight! 1 = SM; 2 = BM; 3 = CH: 1d3 1 Dino will go for Steven. T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 30 & Steven - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+3 12 Steven is out.

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 14

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 16 & T-Rex - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+16 17 -1 Constitution.

Round nine! 1 = BM; 2 = CH: 1d2 2 T-Rex will go for Cassidy: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 26 & Succubus - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+2 7 Cassidy is out. T-Rex - Fortitude - DC 18: 1d20+16 30 T-Rex loses no other Constitution.

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 13

Round ten! T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 22 & Vestige - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+9 12 That's game.

Nicole will surrender.
THE STANDS (Non-Sophomores)
"Excuse me Ellen, but do you know who that girl is?"

Ellen shrugged, but Kirstie leaned forward. "Her name is Regina Sway," she told him. "She's one of the refugees from the dimension Jay crashed."

The first team to finish was Violet's. More alarming, she and Dennis appeared to be the only ones who had engaged the dinosaur. Two teenagers had single-handedly bested one of the greatest predators nature had ever produced.

Almost as soon as Violet's team claimed victory, Herta's team felled their own opponent. Seconds later, Astrid's team finished as well. Only Rose and Beatrice's teams were still fighting. Rose was down and then Shelby fell. Kelly fell. When Derryl went down, Melissa surrendered. Beatrice's team was the only one still fighting... and they had yet to lose a single member.

Almost as soon as Kirstie pointed out how Beatrice's team was going strong, Doug went down. Kirstie cursed herself for cursing them. When Steven fell, Roger was clapping. "You boys gave it your best!" he roared. "That's all that matters!"

Cassidy was the next to fall. Beatrice called back to Nicole--telling her to give up when she went down. Watching her, Otso realized that hopelessness was settling in. She had pulled out all the stops, but knew it hadn't been enough.

He watched as the dinosaur took her down and then Nicole called it quits.

The walls finally went down and a scoreboard appeared over the room:

FIRST PLACE: TEAM VIOLET
SECOND PLACE: TEAM HERTA
THIRD PLACE: TEAM ASTRID
FOURTH PLACE: TEAM ROSE
FIFTH PLACE: TEAM BEATRICE

Everyone was back on their feet and assembled into a horseshoe around the school's administrators. "These scores are very arbitrary," Fischer said. "They're based on how quickly you were able to overcome your opponent and how effective your team was. While this was a team exercise, these scores do not demonstrate how some of you performed individually."

"Doug," Newton said, looking to the young American, "there are no words to tell you how impressed I was with your performance."

"I didn't-"

"Ever modest," Newton intoned. "You were fearless against a much stronger opponent. You sacrificed yourself to help your team succeed. You endured such punishment. You should be very proud. I know I am."

"I am," said Fisher.

Beatrice put a hand on his shoulder. "I am," she told him. They were words Nicole echoed as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Herta," Fisher announced, looking to the svelte Romanian girl, "I don't think anyone built a more effective team than you did. I don't believe you counted on Mickie and Regina adapting to the situation as they did, but I do believe you formulated an effective strategy for mobilizing your forces. Having Tamati meld over your body so that you could run him into battle? That was brilliant. Clearly, you have a lot to offer your classmates in future exercises."

Shelby was glaring at the speedster. Clearly it didn't sit well with her that Tamati's body had been all around hers.

"Astrid, Finn, Agnes, and Lena." Newton smiled at Astrid's team. "You four recognized that Mike was your best shot of achieving victory and fearlessly put yourselves in harms way to protect him. That shows great courage and sense."

"Violet and Dennis," Fisher said, "clearly the battles you've endured have tempered you into something truly uncanny." She stepped forward then, approaching Violet. She covered her microphone and smiled at her. "Your father asked to watch the feed of your battle. I imagine he'll be trying to get a hold of you, to tell you how proud he is. I don't think I could be prouder than he is of how much you've grown since coming here... but I think it's close, young lady." With a smile, she moved to rejoin Newton.

"There isn't enough time to tell each of you how utterly impressed with the results of this exercise we are. Though this was a team exercise, as we said at the start: the purpose was to gauge how much your all have grown... and clearly, you have grown. You'll continue to grow, as well. You all signed up for classes, with the caveat that you'll need one credit hour each semester for physical education.

"Three days a week, you'll go to the physical education class you chose, but on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you'll be training. You'll learn basic self-defense. You'll be instructed in the use of your powers. You'll have team exercises.

"You'll have a chance for revenge against our friend, the T-Rex."

"Today is the first day of classes," Fisher said. "We'll take a break, but in an hour, you'll make your way to your first period. Sessions will be short today. Tomorrow, the semester will begin.

"We look forward to seeing how you all grow this year."
I'm going to go ahead and wrap the session. Feel free to greet anyone--congratulate them on their wins. I imagine Otso wants to talk to Bea, Lex wants to say something to Doug, ect. Have at it, and I'll have the next post up soon.

Given the nature of the session, we'll skip handing out power points this time.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 9
Condition: Fatigued next turn

"WOOO!!!" Violet swung her sword with a flourish as the dinosaur disappeared. "That's why you're extinct!" She skated back to her team and fist-bumped Dennis and then hugged Sarah. She was very happy with how well her handpicked team had fought. "We did it! And first place!"
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NEW VINDICATORS ACADEMY OF EUROPE #27: The Anatomy Less of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BAND ROOM (Lex; NPCs: Bottom, Derryl-333, Derryl-731, Doug, Lena, Mickie, Nicole, Remington, Rose, Tatjana)
Lex looked over the class roster: keeping the Derryls straight was going to be a challenge; Mickie, Remington, and Nicole were new to him. Mike’s name was noticeably absent. He knew what had happened to him while he was in Japan—how Mike had been castrated by Crux.

Martin had had dealings with Crux. They had tried to blackmail him into making them gold. They had a recording of Kas threatening to make people disappear. They knew about Martin’s weakness to radiation. How had they gotten that recording? How had they know how to beat Martin? They had to have a mole—someone inside of the school…

According to Violet, one of Crux’s members was Wolf, the guy who had tried to have Rose kidnapped. The guy who tried to stow his pills on Violet. He was about Steven’s age. Crux clearly didn’t care how young someone was—so long as they hated Neo-Sapiens… and no one hated Neo-Sapiens like Steven…

“All right, class!” Bottom announced. “We’re trying something new this year!” He stood in front of the class. He stood beside Lex. “I believe most of you are familiar with Mister Murphy. He’s going to be helping me teach you all this year.

“Mister Murphy is an accomplished musician—so accomplished, I don’t think there’s much more than I could teach him, so he’s going to be passing some of that onto you.

“We have some new faces, so I’d like to take a moment and just go around the room. Introduce yourself. Tell us what you play—how long you’ve been playing—and who your favorite musician is.” He nodded to the closest one to him—Tatjana Nelson.

“I’m Tatjana,” the busty redhead said, “and I’m a singer. I love opera. Die Fledermaus is my favorite. I would love to be Rosalinda. My favorite singer is probably Laila Andersson-Palme.”

Next to her was a gaunt-but-pretty young man with short, wavy hair. “If your voice is half as beautiful as the rest of you,” he told the German, “the next generation of students here will be listing you as their favorite.” She gave him a baffled look, and he flashed her a flirty smile. “I’m Remy Eastman—piano virtuoso. I’ve been playing for as long as I can remember.

“My favorite music is anything by Mendelssohn.” His eyes went to Tatjana again. “I have a thing for Germans.”

“And she prefers the French,” Rose said, rolling her eyes at the refugee’s paltry attempts to woo Tatjana. “I’m Rose Caspian. I grew up learning piano, but I can also play the guitar. I kind of sing, too. I guess my favorite performer is Tiziano Ferro… Maybe Giusy Ferreri or Baby K.”

“Doug Droll. The last few years, I’ve been rocking the banjo, like my hero, Steve Martin.” Lex couldn’t help but see how much more confidence Doug had now.

“Nicole Muccianti,” said his girlfriend. “I don’t know how to play anything. I… I hope that’s okay.”

“It’s fine,” Bottom said. “Maybe Mister Murphy can help you find something you like. What kind of music do you like to listen to?”

Nicole frowned. “Seven Car Pileup,” she said, “but I don’t think they’re a thing yet.”

Lex was reminded of the mp3 player he’d rescued from the Armada. It was full of music that would never be in this world. Not only did Nicole originate from another dimension, but she was from the year 2026. She was probably into several bands that wouldn’t come out for years here—maybe bands he had on the Drifter’s device.

“I’m Derryl,” one of the Derryl’s said. “I’ve bene playing piano since I was eight. I like classical music.”

The other Derryl was sitting on the other side of the room. “Same,” he said.

“”I’m Mickie Daniels,” said Mickie. “I play bass. Started about two years ago. My favorite band… Mostly, I like classic rock—Poison, Ratt, Scorpions…” She flashed Lex a grin. “About the only modern stuff I can stomach is the Lex Murphy Project.” She shrugged. “I might be biased, though. My aunt Lisa’s the…” She trailed off then, as if realizing something. “She was the drummer.”

Bottom flashed Lex a curious look.

“I’m Lena Gruber. I play piano.”

“Four pianists?” asked one of the Derryls. He looked to Nicole. “You wanna make it five?”

FIRST PERIOD

CATARGI’S CLASSROOM (Kas; NPCs: Agnes, Bianca, Catargi, Matthew, Regina)
“Looks like we’re missing someone,” Miss Catargi said as she looked over the class roster. “Regina Sway?”

On cue, she skirted in late—apologizing to Miss Catargi for having trouble finding the room. She took the seat behind him. Walking by, Kas’ nostrils took in her scent. It had been an hour after the Sophomore Blitz and all she had done was shower. She hadn’t drenched herself in perfume or overpowering body wash—just soap and deodorant. Her attire was as practical as it was form fitting: a tank top and yoga pants that caught Matthew Santos’ eye; the Portugese teen’s head swiveled slightly as she walked by, only to try and pass it off as him cracking his neck.

“Welcome to Sociology,” Catargi said. “I’ve got the syllabus here—yours is in Braille, Kas. If you could pass them around?” She placed the stack on his desk.

GRAVES’ CLASSROOM (Dennis; NPCs: Annaliese, Beatrice, Graves, Ilena, Iosef, Robyn)
Sitting in his Geometry class, Dennis was getting a weird vibe from the Radikovich siblings. He’d been filled in on them: Confectionery—the woman who had died leading him and the rest of Gamma Team through the Elpis—had told SRI about the Armada back in 1995. One of the agents who found her was Radu Radikovich, and what he heard made him leave the service. His brother, Sorin, stayed, and used his contacts to locate Neo-Sapiens who conveniently became orphans shortly after.

He had raised Adela, Vlad, Herta, Ilena, Iosef, Adam, and Simon—trained them to be soldiers who would stand against the Armada. Radu was gone. The Armada was gone. The Radikovich children finally had a chance to live normal lives.

Looking at Ilena and Iosef, however, Dennis was sure that there was something abnormal about their relationship. There was something about the way they looked at each other… Maybe they weren’t related biologically, but they had been raised as brother and sister. They were looking at each other like something else…

“Congratulations, Dennis.” Beatrice snapped him back to reality. “Ze dinosaur was a very tough opponent. I didn’t get to see your fight, of course, but I saw your time. Ten seconds to take ‘im down? Zat is very impressive.”

“Oh, very impressive,” said Robyn. Dennis hadn’t seen her come in, but here she was. Right by his side. Since she had appeared, she had hardly left him alone. He was amazed that she hadn’t been on the battlefield during the Blitz. “That’s my Dennis.” Her arms wrapped around his neck and she planted a kiss on his cheek.

Beatrice looked surprised. “Forgive me, I didn’t know zat you ‘ad met someone.” She extended her hand to the new girl. “I am Beatrice.”

“Robyn.” The fey neglected to shake the offered limb.

When Beatrice took Robyn’s hint and excused herself, Robyn leaned in more to whisper into the Esper’s ear: “During the Blitz, that girl cast two spells—one to bolster her strength and another to increase her endurance. Our common friend didn’t mention having two students… which means that little witch learned arcana from someone else.

“Maybe whomever ripped the Aurelius’ seals down?”
The sophomores are not yet privy to the exact nature of the other matches.
GRIGORESCUE’S CLASSROOM (Lex; NPCs: Buddy, Grigorescue, Kirstie, Remington)
Lex made his way up from the basement and to his first period class—Business Skills with Mister Grigorescue. It was a class he’d picked out with Kirstie—who was waiting by the door as he came down the hall. “Lex!” she exclaimed, springing into his arms and planting a kiss on his lips. “How was band, Mister Murphy?”

GYM (Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati; NPCs: Greg, J.R., Mickie, Papagos, Vlad)
“All right,” Mister Papagos said, “everyone’s here. This is Greco…” He stopped, looking at Mickie. Then he glanced at the clipboard he was holding. “Mickie Daniels, I presume?”

“Yo.”

“You sure you’re going to be comfortable here?”

Mickie shrugged. “So long as these boys are comfortable with a girl kicking their ass.”

The man made a face at her choice of words. “The school has a policy about swearing.”

“Hard on swearing, but pretty loose when it comes to destroying entire worlds. I get it. It’s fine.”

“It’s just-”

“You’re worried someone’s gonna cop a feel.” Mickie grabbed her chest and shook it slightly. “I get it. You want to protect the damsel. The thing is…” Mickie’s skin transformed into organic metal. “I can take care of myself.

“My powers are pretty straight forward. I get strong and tough. I need to learn to make the most of that. Wrestling would give me an edge—give me an option in a fight other than punching things to death. If you can’t handle a girl in your class, then bounce me, but I really don’t have an issue with getting all twisty with the boys here.” She smirked at him. “It’s just a shame Lex Murphy didn’t sign up.”

MRS. SONCK’S CLASSROOM (Violet; NPCs: Adam, Barney, Javier, Rebecca, Rory, Royce, Shelby, Sonck)
Walking into Mrs. Sonck’s classroom, Violet spotted a photograph of the teacher on her wedding day. Last year, the language teacher’s name had been Miss Zlatkovski. She had been dating another member of the faculty—the school’s literature teacher, Mister Sonck. He had proposed before Violet had arrived on campus, and the two had married over the summer.

“Hey, Violet,” Shelby said, offering out a hand, “congratulations on taking first. That thing wasn’t easy.” She took the seat beside Violet and smiled sweetly at her. “Do you have any plans for Friday? Offer still stands to double with Tamati and me.”

“Need a date?” One of the freshmen boys leaned forward in his seat. Violet could feel him twirl her hair slowly around his finger. “I’d be glad to show you a good time, love.”
Hero points will reset here.

My plan is to sort of swiftly move through this bit—introduce you all to the supporting cast in each of your classes and the various complications they’ll present.

For anyone wondering what the school day will look like, here be the schedule. I’ll have a link on the main page of the OOC thread for future reference.
Last edited by Michuru on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

Kas thanked Kirstie for identifying the young woman who'd caught his attention. He had to remain calm, but honestly he hadn't had a reaction like this since he first met Elizabeth. Before her it was Juozas who'd caught his eye. Of course Juozas had been too much a bully and immature to hold his interest and Elizabeth was like a beautiful dream...something to be treasured, but doomed to impermanence.

Just keep calm and introduce yourself. Nothing difficult about that, especially since she's on Herta's team and you are one of the few people around Herta gets on with.

Walking down onto the Wreck Room floor, Kas congratulates Beatrice and her team, then Violet and Dennis on their win. Continuing on he stops and checks with Astrid, congratulating her entire team on their effort and teamwork. Finally, he approaches Herta and shakes her hand. He makes sure to shake Tamati's hand, since the dimension tossed teen was instrumental in their victory. He congratulates Napoleon in French and praises Mickie for her fearlessness and finally turns his attention to Regina Sway.

"Fantastich effort out there. I am impressed by your daring and your power. You did an incredible job."

Kas trailed off there as he suddenly realized, he had no idea what to say. He hadn't ever needed to develop any skills regarding flirtation. Elizabeth had been attracted to Gwyn more than he, but there was a pleasant mutual affection between them that made their interactions easy. He didn't know how to simply socialize on a casual level.

"Ah...ahem...Anyway, if any uf you are interested in engaging in active service to the community, feel free to contact me. Excellent job all uf you."

Kas turned quickly before the embarrassed blush he felt coming on blossomed on his cheeks.

Well Kasimir, THAT was a disaster. The Hindenburg uf first impressions for certain.

Maybe one of his classmates could give him some pointers. Jack, Otso, Lex, Martin, Ellen, Juozas, Lexus, Beatrice and Kirstie seemed to have no problems with this whole...casual conversation thing. Why was it so hard for him? He had spoken in front of the UN Assembly, negotiated with desperate criminals and commanded a team of Neo-Sapiens in the field, how was small talk beyond him?

With a sigh, he retreated to his dorm room to grab his books and get to class.
EDIT: Later...
Kas let his senses drift over the form of Regina Sway, mapping her geography until he caught himself doing it and snapped it to a halt. He frowned at himself for that. Granted, unlike a sighted person ogling her, it was unlikely she was aware of his boorish behavior...but it was boorish nonetheless. After this morning's idiocy he needed to regain his self-control.

When Ms. Catargi placed the small stack of papers on his desk, he ran his fingers over the top copy to insure that it was indeed his, then answered his teacher.

"Uf course Fraulein Catargi. My pleasure."

Instead of using his powers to pass out the copies, he did it by hand. He didn't want to show off in front of any students with powers that lacked utility. There was a place for powers and this wasn't it.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Dennis frowned even as he stroked Robyn's hand a little, to keep up with the image. He hadn't expected Robyn to play off her closeness as a relationship, though in hindsight he should have seen this coming. But as an actor, Dennis had no issue to swap and move on with the show.

The real concern was what she said about Beatrice. From what he'd seen of her, the French girl had more than enough sense to not do any such thing, but unfortunately, the possibility couldn't be ruled out yet. And looking into this would not escape Otso's notice.

"We have third period with Martin." Dennis whispered back. "We can plan out how to approach this then." With Martin's unique anatomy and Dennis' illusions, they could easily handle an effective conversation in the middle of class.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

[After the Blitz]

Lex scowled and growled until the match was over, throwing his hands up in the air, "God that was just mean, hopefully they get a better chance to show off in the next-"

Lex watched in slack jawed disbelief as the team rankings came up.

The stream of spanish that comes out of his mouth is rapid, emphatic and not at all very happy. The only test they did was a combat test. There were no skill testing, maneuverability, search and rescue, or even hide and seek style competitions. Just one test that really punished somebody like Nichole who could change colours.

Once he managed to make his way down to the Beatrice team he clapped Doug on the shoulder.

"You guys were amazing. The school screwed you guys over, and boy did they screw you guys over, but you guys fought it out and lasted longer than any of the other teams by a long shot," He shakes his head, "You don't know how big that is. It doesn't take guts to fight when you know you can win. Those other guys?"

He shakes his head, "Maybe they'll hold up in a fight where their powers don't work. Maybe they'll go to pieces. You guys?"

He smiles, "I think you're going to kick all sorts of ass."

"Beatrice, been thinking about asking my Dad to teach me some boxing,"
He glances at the others, "Bet you and Steve would get the most out of that, if you're interested."

He leans over and stage whispers with a grin to Nichole and the others, "You guys too, if you want, I just figured getting punched a lot isn't high on your list of things to do."

He considers for a second, "But if they want to make you guys fight that thing again you're going to need an edge. Power is good, brains is better, and you guys strike me as smart. Weapons can give you guys some punch, tactics to help you out, but some teamwork and practice."

"Not sure what I can do, but I'll help any way I can if you want."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

[Music Class]

At Bottom's look he shrugged, "Apparently it's a thing in 2019."

"In another dimension."

He shrugs again, "I should ask Drifter for a shirt the next time she comes by to get Kas."

Looking out at the class he sighs and takes a deep breath.

"I just want to say something before we start."

"What we're doing here isn't a contest. But it's good to have a reason for why you want to play,"
He smiles and looks distant, "It... doesn't have to be a good reason, or a smart reason. It just has to be your reason."

"It can be that music is your dream. It can be to express yourself. It can be because you think it's cool. Or just because you always wanted to learn how to play. And, yes, even just because you want to have fun with your friends. Especially that,"
He says with a smile, "Don't be afraid to try something new, don't be afraid to have fun. And don't hold yourself to other people's expectations."

"Have fun."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

[Business Class]

Lex runs his hand through Kirstie's hair, twisting a lock gently around one finger, "I have been called a lot of thing by a whole lotta people, but Mister is a new one for me."

"But, hey, could be fun. We've got like four people who play the piano, I kind of want to do a big dueling piano scene with them. No idea what Nichole wants to learn how to play, but there's plenty of time to learn,"
He smiles, looking deep in Kirstie's eyes, "Besides, I think she just wants an easy class to hang out with Doug, ya know?"
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Fine

[After the Blitz]

Otso moved with the stream of spectators to the contestants. He congratulated Violet, Dennis, Herta and Doug as he passed them until he finally came to Beatrice. He enveloped her in a massive hug, whispering in her ear."I'm so very proud of you my love."

He pulled back a little, his smile fading just the slightest. "But can we finish that conversation I so foolishly ran out on when I got back?"

Otso lead them to somewhere more private to talk. "Earlier you said you'd done something while looking for me. I assume that has something to do with your new abilities?" He took her hands in his. "I still stand with what I said before, both times. You looked for me. We're together now, that's all that matters and we can figure out whatever it is together. And I'm so very proud of you my love."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Fine

[Gym]

Otso blushed beet red at the new student's brashness and cleared his throat. "Mister Papagos, we're here to learn to defend ourselves, right? The girls included. If everyone's okay with it, there shouldn't be any problem with it."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Less of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

Herta wrote: "Frustrated," the Romanian girl hissed. "It took me out in one move." She looked to the physician. "Do you know if this simulation is one that will be open to us?"

Bacon regarded her impassively. "It is doubtful they'll permit you to train against this one. It was intended as a team exercise. One-on-one, you-"

"I could have taken it."
"Hey don't forget Herta that you pushed me out of the way and took the hit yourself. To me that shows real guts and I doubt it would have laid a paw, claw on you otherwise and your actions inspired the rest of us. Don't beat yourself up about it you did really well but if you do get a chance to go one on one with the dino let me know so I can join in on the fun kay?" Tamati offered with a smile.

To his surprise their team came second overall and Tamati joined in the celebrations with the rest of the team again before making sure he congratulated the members of the winning team and some of the other students he had gotten to know over the last couple of months. By this time some of the spectators had joined them and he shook hands with one of the older kids that he recognised from the burning building

"Thanks dude, hey aren't you the dude who held the burning building together until everyone get saved. Thats some mad powers you have."

Catching up with Shelby he got the run down on how she and her team had gone offering condolescnes on her bad luck in the fight "Next time." and decided not to notice the stare Shelby had directed at Herta.

[hr][/hr]

Changing into his PE gear Tamati was pleased to see Mickie in the class, he liked the girl's attitude
Ursa wrote: [Gym]

Otso blushed beet red at the new student's brashness and cleared his throat. "Mister Papagos, we're here to learn to defend ourselves, right? The girls included. If everyone's okay with it, there shouldn't be any problem with it."

"And Mickie also took down one of the T-Rexs in the fight earlier so if anyone is stupid enough to try and cope a feel then they deserve what happens to them. So what I am saying is that I have no problemo with Mickie in the class." Tamati added.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

AFTER THE BLITZ...
"Fantastich effort out there," Kas said to Regina. "I am impressed by your daring and your power. You did an incredible job."

He sensed the corners of her mouth turn up every so slightly. "Thanks," she said. "I'm just lucky that Herta picked me and Mickie. Otherwise, the boys might have had it down before I even got there."

"Ah," he said nervously, "ahem... Anyway, if any uf you are interested in engaging in active service to the community, feel free to contact me. Excellent job all uf you."

As Kas turned to walk away, Regina turned to Mickie. "Who is that?" he heard her ask before he sensed her friend's shoulders shrug.

- - -

Otso scooped Beatrice into his arms. "I'm so very proud of you my love," he whispered into her ear. He pulled back a little, his smile fading just the slightest. "But can we finish that conversation I so foolishly ran out on when I got back?"

Her expression seemed to sour. "Like I told you: I was desperate to bring you 'ome. I found some books and learned magic. It... It's nothing big."

Lex clapped a hand down on Doug's shoulder. "You guys were amazing. The school screwed you guys over, and boy did they screw you guys over, but you guys fought it out and lasted longer than any of the other teams by a long shot." The older boy shook his head. "You don't know how big that is. It doesn't take guts to fight when you know you can win. Those other guys? Maybe they'll hold up in a fight where their powers don't work. Maybe they'll go to pieces. You guys?" Lex flashed them a smile. "I think you're going to kick all sorts of ass."

Doug shrugged. "I kind of get it," he said humbly. "Take the Armada. Just because we don't go down doesn't mean we're winning. The goal was to stop a threat as fast as possible, with minimal casualties. We didn't do that. What we did do was learn first-hand what we need to work on." He looked over the rest of his team. "Hand-to-hand combat."

"Oui," said Beatrice sadly.

"Beatrice," Lex said, "been thinking about asking my dad to teach me some boxing. Bet you and Steve would get the most out of that, if you're interested."

"Pfft." Steven rolled his eyes. "Like dad gives two $&#% about me. Bird Boy here he'd gladly teach, but me?" He shook his head and began to make his way for the locker room. "Dad only wastes his time on the freaks."

As he went, he seemed oblivious to his father standing in earshot, waiting for the chance to congratulate him on giving it his best. "If you're all serious about it," Mister Murphy told the group, "I'll talk to the headmasters and see if it's okay to teach the lot of you how to box."

- - -

"I could have taken it."

"Hey, don't forget Herta that you pushed me out of the way and took the hit yourself. To me that shows real guts and I doubt it would have laid a paw, claw on you otherwise and your actions inspired the rest of us. Don't beat yourself up about it! You did really well, but if you do get a chance to go one on one with the dino let me know so I can join in on the fun kay?"

Herta nodded glumly to the boy and then slipped away to stand by herself. She waited through the headmasters' speech and when it was done, made her way to the locker room. She changed slowly, waited for everyone else to clear out.

When Violet, Rose, Lena, and Kelly were making their way out, Herta approached them. "Hey, Violet," she said, "can I talk to you for a second?"

Rose rolled her eyes at her. "I saw the way you kept watching her change. She's into boys, psycho."

There were no plants here in the locker room. There was nothing Rose could use to defend herself against Herta's speed and training. Still, all it would take it one incident of her breaking Rose's jaw with her foot to see her expelled. She doubted she would be transferred to the Tokyo school like the others. She was a member of Laputa. She had helped Therianthrope try to kill Beatrice and her family, in an effort to protect their mole. She'd been granted leniency, due to her age, but it wouldn't take much to see her sentenced as an adult. She wouldn't be sentenced to Pandora--no one would now--but they would find a place for her. A place where she had much less freedom than she did here.

Of course, they would have to catch her first. She could disable Rose and be in another country before the school even caught wind of the attack. What then? Surely they would send the hounds after her. She could always out run them, but she would never get to stop running. Was it worth it? Was it worth giving up a bed and food just to shut Rose up?

"Come on, girls," Rose said, grabbing Violet by the hand to lead her away from Herta, "let's go grab out schedules."

- - -

Otso waited for Beatrice to come out of the locker room and walked her back to the surface. Once the two were alone in the elevator, he turned to her. "Earlier you said you'd done something while looking for me. I assume that has something to do with your new abilities?"

"Oui," she said. She kept her head down--unable to look him in the eyes.

He took her hands in his. "I still stand with what I said before, both times. You looked for me. We're together now. That's all that matters and we can figure out whatever it is together. And I'm so very proud of you my love."

"It's nozing," Beatrice lied. "As I said, I found some books. I... I zink zat my powers 'elped me. Jason was a magus, and zere 'ave been so many ozers we 'ave fought zat... I see zeir arms move and it is as zough zeir movements are slowed to me. Ze books... Zey 'elped fill in ze blanks."

Otso remembered the books he had seen the day he returned from fighting Argus--the strange language they were written in and the disturbing drawings... It seemed to corroborate what she was saying.

The elevator doors opened and Beatrice leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Would you like me to spend ze night wiz you tonight? Your room?"

AFTER THE BLITZ...

CATARGI’S CLASSROOM (Kas; NPCs: Agnes, Bianca, Catargi, Matthew, Regina)
Kas turned and handed one of the syllabuses to Regina. "Thanks," she said. She watched as he handed out the other three, and when he sat back down she leaned forward. "I'm Regina," she whispered.

GRAVES’ CLASSROOM (Dennis; NPCs: Annaliese, Beatrice, Graves, Ilena, Iosef, Robyn)
"We have third period with Martin. We can plan out how to approach this then."

Robyn grinned as she looked over her schedule--identical in every way to Dennis'. "It's fourth period I'm most looking forward to. It'll be good to see that ass Bottom again."

This was news to Dennis: Bottom, the school's performing arts teacher, was the actual Bottom from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream?

GRIGORESCUE’S CLASSROOM (Lex; NPCs: Buddy, Grigorescue, Kirstie, Remington)
"Besides, I think she just wants an easy class to hang out with Doug, ya know?"

"I should have done that," Kirstie said. "I only have the one sodding class with you. Still, I like sleeping in..." She started to blush. "Asyou'vebecomeaware."

GYM (Jack, Martin, Otso, Tamati; NPCs: Greg, J.R., Mickie, Papagos, Vlad)

"And Mickie also took down one of the T-Rexs in the fight earlier," added Tamati, "so if anyone is stupid enough to try and cope a feel then they deserve what happens to them. So what I am saying is that I have no problemo with Mickie in the class."

"Seconded," added Vlad.

J.R. piped up at his father's speaking. "Thirded."

"Technically," Greg said, "that would be fourthed... Water Boy seconded and..." He sighed. "Never mind. I'm with them."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

Kas couldn't help but smile a little when Regina leaned forward. He managed not to respond with I know when she told him her name because...how creepy stalker would that be? Instead, he responded quietly;

"I'm Kasimir...everyone calls me Kas."

This was good...now if he could get through class without Wetl calling him away to help the local authorities with something life would be great. He couldn't blame anyone besides himself and he wouldn't change his pledge to be available whenever called, but last year he spent a lot of late nights making up missed class work. He hoped things would be different this year, especially since he wanted to get an opportunity to know Regina.