Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Ten-For

Post by Jabroniville »

TEN-FOR
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Machine Man #3 (June 1978)
Role: Robo-Alien
Group Affiliations: The Autocron Empire
PL 10 (166)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Space Explorer) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Technology 7 (+10)

Advantages: 
Equipment 4 (Various Gear), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10

Powers:
"Sentient Robot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 10 [10]
"Boot Rockets" Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]
"Hand-Communicator" Communication (Electronic) 4 (Extras: Area) [20]

Force Blast 10 (20) -- [22]
  • AE: "Paralysis Beam" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged) (20)
  • AE: "Foot Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Boot Claws +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Paralysis Beam +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Force Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +10, Fortitude --, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Invading Earth)

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 96 / Defenses: 10 (166)

-Ten-Four is a standard Space Alien Invader, except he's a robot from the race of Autocrons. He wants to set up Earth for invasion, but fights off Machine Man, who eventually turns the guy into a bomb which wipes out his armada. He reappears as one of dozens of Obscure Space Guys in The Stranger's lab in Quasar (oddly, like 4-6 guys I've build in the past few months were part of that- Gru was THOROUGH), but is sometimes believed to have been killed in his original tale- Kurt Busiek claims that's the cace, having created the very similar "Ten-Thirtifor" for the Maximum Security event. Autocrons are pretty generic Kill-O-Bots merged with Space Invader-types, but have the distinct trait of lifting up their face-plates, revealing classic Kirby-Tech (tm) that shoots energy.

-Both Ten-Four and Ten-Thirtifor take their names from the then-popular CB Radio jargon (the same stuff that spawned U.S. Archer)- "10-4" means "over/I understand", and "10-34" means "trouble at this station".

-Ten-Four easily fought off tons of Earth military men, but they're always jobbers in the comics. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mainframe! J2! Wild Thing! Raptor! Darkdevil!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm EDMONTON COMIC EXPO:

(Part Two)

Celebrity Guests:

* "Longest Line For Someone I've Never Heard Of" goes to Charlie Cox, who I guess is Daredevil. He actually charged ten bucks more than Gene Simmons ($90!). Both had huge lines, as well as Alex Kingston (who looks 100% like somebody who does palm-reading for a living; I only know her from ER, and the nude scenes that used to circulate on the "back when you could only see quick scenes on mpegs" days of the internet) and of course William Shatner, who was actually visible. It's weird- I guess they must have had complaints, because the big-name celebs are ALWAYS out from the curtains now. One year I went, and Howard & Raj from Big Bang Theory were hidden away where you couldn't see them without buying an autograph first.

* Shatner was apparently TALKATIVE, which a co-worker told me is incredibly rare, to the point where some Cons have people up front telling fans to not speak to, or look at, The Captain. I guess he's a big grump at these things, despite raking in the cash.

* Ernie Hudson had a pretty solid line, and it made me realize how much stuff he was in back in the day. I mostly know him for OZ, though obviously Ghostbusters is his big deal. He's a pretty tall, solid dude, though of course age has given him a helluva gut at this point. And points to both him and John Rhys-Davies, who had big lines every single time I came by, and were never on an extended break.
There...is no way I could...PASS...onachancetomeet...Captain...JAMES...T...Kirk...oftheStarshipEnterprise..... ;)

Ernie Hudson is definitely one of those "oh yeah, he was in..." actors. He got a ton of work in the late 80's, early 90's, mainly off of Ghostbusters. He was always one of my faves. His appearance on Comic Book Men was one of my favorite episodes where he helped them sell comics out of an ice cream truck. Wasn't a great idea, but his sales pitches were great.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Terrex

Post by Jabroniville »

TERREX
Created By:
Steve Gerber & Don Heck
First Appearance: Daredevil #105 (Nov. 1973)
Role: One-Off Foe, Walking Extinction Event
PL 14 (123)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 20 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Expertise (Space Explorer) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Technology 7 (+10)

Advantages: 
Power Attack

Powers:
Growth 12 (Str & Sta +12, +12 Mass, +6 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (60 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]
Create Trees & Vines 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) [25]

"Paralysis" Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Vulnerable/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative) (24) -- [25]
  • AE: "Life Drain" Weaken Strength 12 (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Paralysis +8 (+12 Affliction, DC 22)
Life Drain +8 (+12 Weaken, DC 22)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +20, Fortitude +20, Will --

Complications: 
Disabled (Inert)- Terrex may not move unless guided by another.

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 12 (123)

-God the 1970s was such a weird time for Daredevil. That odd period between the "Stan Lee Days" of the 1960s, when he was the most half-assed of Marvel's solo stars, and the 1980s, when Frank Miller made him huge. In the '70s, he did weird stuff like team up with Black Widow for years, fight Spider-Man cast-offs, and take on ALIEN INVASIONS and crap. Meet Terrex- the creation of an Eternal scientist when Thanos was working on his invasion plan, this thing, designed to wipe out civilizations, ends up on Earth. Needing a mind to guide it, Moondragon links it up with an evil lawyer (who had faked so well that he had a sterling reputation... and the telepathic Moondragon mysteriously doesn't realize this), who decides to become "The King of San Francisco"!

-Soon, Daredevil, Moondragon and Captain Mar-Vell are all teaming up against the thing, and then one of the lawyer's agents, Angar the Screamer, joins in as well, after Terrex drains his girlfriend Janice of life. DD of all people is worthless against the monster, but Angar's powers not only stun it, but later FATALLY INJURE IT, as Moondragon guides him into creating an hallucination of "un-life", the opposite of Terrex's being. Both Terrex and the lawyer were killed as a result of their actions. Man, I know Mark Waid did some weird stuff with his Daredevil run (a Silver Surfer/DD team-up, for example), but can you imagine if they did a three-issue arc like this again? It seems SO incongruous with what Matt Murdock became.

-The thing with Terrex is that he's borderline unstoppable by conventional standards, and can weather all manner of attack. It took Moondragon & Angar pulling off a unique trick to stop him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm not saying that the stuff for sale isn't interesting, but it does give off a flea-market vibe on some booths.
The other problem is just that 50+ percent of the booths tend to go to every event in Edmonton, so if you've been to one event you've probably seen most of what's around.

Considering I'm less interested in meeting stars or comic people... Well, there's only so long I can ogle the cosplay girls before the wife starts taking issue with it ;~)
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (J2! Wild Thing! Darkdevil! Ten-For! Terrex!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, holy shit- I do a post about A Goofy Movie and the guy who does Max's singing voice gets married the next day!

To...

IDINA MENZEL!?!?

YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU DIVORCE HER IMMEDIATELY AND GET HER TO MARRY ME!!!

(Elsa marries Max Goof. Life is weird)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:04 am Haha, holy shit- I do a post about A Goofy Movie and the guy who does Max's singing voice gets married the next day!

To...

IDINA MENZEL!?!?

YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU DIVORCE HER IMMEDIATELY AND GET HER TO MARRY ME!!!

(Elsa marries Max Goof. Life is weird)
Jab buddy you just need to let it go. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:37 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 pm EDMONTON COMIC EXPO:

(Part Two)

Celebrity Guests:

* "Longest Line For Someone I've Never Heard Of" goes to Charlie Cox, who I guess is Daredevil. He actually charged ten bucks more than Gene Simmons ($90!). Both had huge lines, as well as Alex Kingston (who looks 100% like somebody who does palm-reading for a living; I only know her from ER, and the nude scenes that used to circulate on the "back when you could only see quick scenes on mpegs" days of the internet) and of course William Shatner, who was actually visible. It's weird- I guess they must have had complaints, because the big-name celebs are ALWAYS out from the curtains now. One year I went, and Howard & Raj from Big Bang Theory were hidden away where you couldn't see them without buying an autograph first.

* Shatner was apparently TALKATIVE, which a co-worker told me is incredibly rare, to the point where some Cons have people up front telling fans to not speak to, or look at, The Captain. I guess he's a big grump at these things, despite raking in the cash.

* Ernie Hudson had a pretty solid line, and it made me realize how much stuff he was in back in the day. I mostly know him for OZ, though obviously Ghostbusters is his big deal. He's a pretty tall, solid dude, though of course age has given him a helluva gut at this point. And points to both him and John Rhys-Davies, who had big lines every single time I came by, and were never on an extended break.
There...is no way I could...PASS...onachancetomeet...Captain...JAMES...T...Kirk...oftheStarshipEnterprise..... ;)

Ernie Hudson is definitely one of those "oh yeah, he was in..." actors. He got a ton of work in the late 80's, early 90's, mainly off of Ghostbusters. He was always one of my faves. His appearance on Comic Book Men was one of my favorite episodes where he helped them sell comics out of an ice cream truck. Wasn't a great idea, but his sales pitches were great.
Many years ago I talked to a guy who was Shatner's driver/translator when he came to Italy for a Trek convention. Apparently the problem is that after the suicide of third wife, Nerine Kidd, he has become a lot more withdraw and developed issues with being in public for too long. Apparently while the guy was driving Shatner around, he was very talkative, humble and funny to have around.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Crazy Eight

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

CRAZY EIGHT (Leslie Anne Sharpe)
Created By:
Peter David
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #380 (1991)
Role: One-Off Story

-I'll let HalloweenJack explain this one, from back when he commented on her:
I think I remember reading once that Speedfreak was supposed to be Crazy Eight's brother.

Who is Crazy Eight?

Well the first Hulk issue I ever picked up had a blurb on it that I did not see as a lad which said "Warning! The Hulk does not appear in this issue!"

I was a little angry over this at first, but after reading the book I came to genuinely dig it.

It was primarily a Doc Samson story. He was informed I think by Fury that a former patient of his was about to be executed and requested to speak to him before she went.

That patient was a superhumanly strong mercenary/assassin dubbed 'Crazy Eight' that he had treated some time earlier. She had been captured by Wonder Man at some point and Samson had done a psychiatric evaluation on her to determine whether she was fit to stand trial or not.

See ol' CE had murdered a pretty affluent businessman/senator (I forget which) type and has also beaten the guy's wife when she did this. Samson comes in and interviews her, and she goes between lucid (explaining originally she wanted to be called Infinity after marking her first target with an infinity symbol, but the cops had figured she carved some sort of 'crazy eight' in it) and acting insane and doing things like putting cigarettes out on her and hitting on Samson.

Samson seems to find however that she's just faking her insanity and is actually a rational, sane individual. Despite developing something of a bond with her, its his determination that she's perfectly capable of standing trial and of course is convicted and sentenced to death. Samson meets with her, they say their goodbyes, and people are picketing and celebrating outside the prison because justice is going to be served.

Crazy Eight dies in the electric chair. Afterwards, Samson approaches the widow of the man CE killed. She's sitting there bawling her eyes out, everyone doing that because they assume they're tears over her husband. They're not and Samson sees why.

The widow is holding a high school picture of herself and CE as cheerleaders. There's even some words scribbled on it. It's one of those 'best friends forever' things from CE to the widow with a further bit that says 'if you ever need me to help you, I'll be there for you'.

Samson figures it out. Crazy Eight killed the man because he had been beating his wife, her best friend, and then took the fall for it.

Samson staggers out and some of the protesters are drunk while one, with some alcohol in hand, slurs and asks if Crazy Eight squealed when it all ended. Samson grabs the guy enraged, making him spill his alcohol all over the wall behind him, but then lets him go.

Samson walks away as the guy collects himself and repeats something Crazy Eight had always said "It never ends"

On the wall behind them the alcohol has sort of taken the shape of an infinity symbol.
-Alas, there's nothing really stat-able here, but she's presumably a decent sword-fighter. I'm not sure how she'd put up any kind of a fight against WONDER MAN, of course. I still find it odd that she's being executed for murder in a world where super-villains do that ALL THE TIME. Don't crazy tights-wearing people get a pass for that?
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

I have to admit that in the country where the last person executed was nearly five and a half decades ago, seeing the death penalty being so common in American media is frankly baffling and at times even kinda disturbing. The very idea of a government heavily subject to structural racism and bigotry also having the literal power of life and death over its prisoners ought to be considered the stuff of dystopian fiction.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Yojimbo

Re: Crazy Eight

Post by Yojimbo »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:43 pm -Alas, there's nothing really stat-able here, but she's presumably a decent sword-fighter. I'm not sure how she'd put up any kind of a fight against WONDER MAN, of course. I still find it odd that she's being executed for murder in a world where super-villains do that ALL THE TIME. Don't crazy tights-wearing people get a pass for that?
Heavy-handed melodrama to prove a point? I don't even have to check - this was a Peter David story.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Scots Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pm I have to admit that in the country where the last person executed was nearly five and a half decades ago, seeing the death penalty being so common in American media is frankly baffling and at times even kinda disturbing. The very idea of a government heavily subject to structural racism and bigotry also having the literal power of life and death over its prisoners ought to be considered the stuff of dystopian fiction.
A couple of points here.

First is that the death penalty is common in American media. So are superheroes, but you don't actually see them around a lot. The death penalty is powerful imagery, and is often used in fiction to depict conflicting points of view about it, its risks and shortfalls, etc. In actual fact, it is hardly used. In 2013, the number of people who had been executed since 1976 was 1,264. That's just over one thousand people in 40 years, in a population over 200 million at all points. The majority of those executions were in the state of California. Death sentences take dozens of years each to be carried out, because there is, by design, a built-in allowance for all feasible appeals to be heard to overturn the sentence or verdict, and each are high-profile enough to not allow the sort of small-town shenanigans used to pad the resumes of prosecutors and judges. They're infamously costly, for that reason - the legal fees of dealing with these appeals is enormous. The standard for a death sentence is extremely strict - "beyond the shadow of a doubt." Jurors have to be 100% certain that the crime was committed, as opposed to, say "beyond a reasonable doubt." After that is established, there is still the reasonably likely possibility that the executive branch will commute the sentence to life instead, out of a principled position or public opposition.

Don't get me wrong - I despise the death penalty for all but the most unreasonably uncooperative prisoners. I feel that they should be put to work, create something constructive, and the proceeds put toward making victims whole. A person's death really doesn't help anybody in a material fashion. Also, despite all these safeguards, there exists the slim possibility of an innocent person being wrongly executed, which is indefensible. I also agree that it's too much power to give a government. But people aren't being executed en masse just because of anyone's feelings, or because of...

Second point:
Scots Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:58 pma government heavily subject to structural racism and bigotry
HAHAHAHA

I mean, it is, but precisely the geometric opposite of what you're getting at, precisely because when the subject comes up, certain ideologues jump immediately to the death penalty being bad because it might not be white people dying.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

BriarThrone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm HAHAHAHA

I mean, it is, but precisely the geometric opposite of what you're getting at, precisely because when the subject comes up, certain ideologues jump immediately to the death penalty being bad because it might not be white people dying.
Amazing how people can often hear stuff that wasn't actually said, and interpret facts like 'people of colour or who are otherwise marginalised are more likely to receive the death penalty for the same crimes and this makes an already horrible institution even worse' as 'the death penalty is bad because non-white people might be dying'. Like, I'm a pretty strong opponent of the death penalty on principle. I don't even think someone like Dylann Roof should be executed and that fucker's literally a spree-killing Nazi.

An innocent black man getting executed because of a systemic racism problem is pretty much a moral deadzone.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Scots Dragon wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:40 pm
BriarThrone wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm HAHAHAHA

Amazing how people can often hear stuff that wasn't actually said, and interpret facts like 'people of colour or who are otherwise marginalised are more likely to receive the death penalty for the same crimes and this makes an already horrible institution even worse' as 'the death penalty is bad because non-white people might be dying'. Like, I'm a pretty strong opponent of the death penalty on principle. I don't even think someone like Dylann Roof should be executed and that fucker's literally a spree-killing Nazi.

An innocent black man getting executed because of a systemic racism problem is pretty much a moral deadzone.
Check this out. "The death penalty is bad because innocent people may be executed, or sentencing standards might be unfairly applied." I made a point that can be fairly applied to men of all color, as well as to women - oh, no, that's right, the actual sentencing gap makes women nearly entirely immune to high-end sentences. But to all men, certainly. If I were to, say, make the statement that the death penalty is bad because of <race buzzwords,> then that suggests that I do not believe that the death penalty is a bad thing when applied in cases where those buzzwords don't apply. Now, I'm glad you're also opposed to the death penalty on principle. But the racial sentencing gap in the US disappears when you examine sentencing guidelines in regards to repeat offenders, then examine recidivism rates, so all this "systemic racism" talk does nothing but encourage violence against police and encourage them to withdraw from hostile neighborhoods, denying protection to the law-abiding citizens who live there.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hey. Jab has a rule about getting political in his thread. We need some MILF pics, STAT!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spam

Post by Spam »

Ken wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:51 pm Hey. Jab has a rule about getting political in his thread. We need some MILF pics, STAT!
Damn. I'm stuck at work. Someone else will have to cover this one.