Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (J2! Wild Thing! Darkdevil! Ten-For! Terrex!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Though it started on-topic (since I discussed a character being executed, which I still find weird in the context of superhero stories), it veered off, so Debate is the best place for a "Death Penalty is racist/systemic racism" topic.

Mandatory MILF Pictures:

ImageImage
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Crazy Eight (Team)

Post by Jabroniville »

CRAZY EIGHT
Created By:
Gerard Jones & Mike Parobeck
First Appearance: Wonder Man #11 (July 1992)
Role: Back-Up Heroes

-This team of guys was made up of Wonder Man supporting characters who had been briefly empowered by his ionic abilities when they were spiraling out of control. With Simon in a bit of a mess, they decided to stand in for him. He would later get his abilities back from them, but Dreamer & Stat both kept small amounts in secret. Alex got married, Argus filmed a documentary, Aundray opened a dance studio, Ginger & LaHoya filmed a show on New Zealand, and Gloria took over as Spider's guardian.

Members:

AUTEUR (Alex Flores-Simon)
-Alex was Jamie's mother, and could cast extremely realistic illusions. She was also briefly engaged to Wonder Man during the course of his series, but they ultimately split up.

DREAMER (Jamie Flores)
-Jamie was a young girl who could astrally-project while she was asleep.

GLAMOR GIRL (Gloria Angel, aka Glamor Gal)
-Gloria was a retired actress and widow who temporarily gained the ability to travel through time.

SNAP (Ginger Beach)
-An aspiring actress. She gained the powers to create an explosion with a "snap" of her fingers.

STAT (Esteban Beach, aka Spider)
-A wannabe actor and Ginger's little brother. He could duplicate himself and anything he was holding. Gloria took over his care when Ginger moved to New Zealand.

VISIONARY (Argus LeVecchio)
-A wannabe camera operator. His powers allowed him to see great distances, and he could distinguish reality from an illusion.

BUFF (LaHoya Scripps)
-Surprisingly not a black girl with that stereotypical-sounding name. She gained super-strength, durability and agility with ionic powers, and moved to New Zealand with Ginger to film a TV show.

ATTRACTIVE LAD (Aundray Phelps)
-An aspiring dancer. He apparently gained magnetic powers.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Bounty Hunter (Barrett)

Post by Jabroniville »

BOUNTY HUNTER II (Tommy Barrett)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Vince Giarrano
First Appearance: Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #104 (July 1985)
Role: Filler Villain
PL 7 (79)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Bounty Hunter) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Guns +6), Improved Aim, Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Gun +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Bounty Hunter is not only a hunter of bounties, but a hired killer.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 6 (79)

-This guy has "Filler Issue" written all over him. A random butthole named "Bounty Hunter" who is of course an assassin working for a crooke bail bondsman who wants to have the Rocket Racer killed as an example to other "defaulting" clients of his. The Racer's family couldn't meet their debt, but Bounty Hunter (who shares a name with a forgotten Ghost Rider foe) is defeated. Near as I can tell, he never appears again.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu May 19, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Crazy Eight

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:43 pm ImageImage

CRAZY EIGHT (Leslie Anne Sharpe)
Created By:
Peter David
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #380 (1991)
Role: One-Off Story

-I'll let HalloweenJack explain this one, from back when he commented on her:
I think I remember reading once that Speedfreak was supposed to be Crazy Eight's brother.

Who is Crazy Eight?

Well the first Hulk issue I ever picked up had a blurb on it that I did not see as a lad which said "Warning! The Hulk does not appear in this issue!"

I was a little angry over this at first, but after reading the book I came to genuinely dig it.

It was primarily a Doc Samson story. He was informed I think by Fury that a former patient of his was about to be executed and requested to speak to him before she went.

That patient was a superhumanly strong mercenary/assassin dubbed 'Crazy Eight' that he had treated some time earlier. She had been captured by Wonder Man at some point and Samson had done a psychiatric evaluation on her to determine whether she was fit to stand trial or not.

See ol' CE had murdered a pretty affluent businessman/senator (I forget which) type and has also beaten the guy's wife when she did this. Samson comes in and interviews her, and she goes between lucid (explaining originally she wanted to be called Infinity after marking her first target with an infinity symbol, but the cops had figured she carved some sort of 'crazy eight' in it) and acting insane and doing things like putting cigarettes out on her and hitting on Samson.

Samson seems to find however that she's just faking her insanity and is actually a rational, sane individual. Despite developing something of a bond with her, its his determination that she's perfectly capable of standing trial and of course is convicted and sentenced to death. Samson meets with her, they say their goodbyes, and people are picketing and celebrating outside the prison because justice is going to be served.

Crazy Eight dies in the electric chair. Afterwards, Samson approaches the widow of the man CE killed. She's sitting there bawling her eyes out, everyone doing that because they assume they're tears over her husband. They're not and Samson sees why.

The widow is holding a high school picture of herself and CE as cheerleaders. There's even some words scribbled on it. It's one of those 'best friends forever' things from CE to the widow with a further bit that says 'if you ever need me to help you, I'll be there for you'.

Samson figures it out. Crazy Eight killed the man because he had been beating his wife, her best friend, and then took the fall for it.

Samson staggers out and some of the protesters are drunk while one, with some alcohol in hand, slurs and asks if Crazy Eight squealed when it all ended. Samson grabs the guy enraged, making him spill his alcohol all over the wall behind him, but then lets him go.

Samson walks away as the guy collects himself and repeats something Crazy Eight had always said "It never ends"

On the wall behind them the alcohol has sort of taken the shape of an infinity symbol.
-Alas, there's nothing really stat-able here, but she's presumably a decent sword-fighter. I'm not sure how she'd put up any kind of a fight against WONDER MAN, of course. I still find it odd that she's being executed for murder in a world where super-villains do that ALL THE TIME. Don't crazy tights-wearing people get a pass for that?

great, great issue
Jabroniville

Deathstroke (Not That One)

Post by Jabroniville »

DEATHSTROKE (Tani Uiruson)
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Steve Leiahola
First Appearance: Spider-Woman #39 (Aug. 1981)
Role: Martial Artist, Jobber Villain
PL 7 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+10)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Yakuza) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Shuriken) 3 (+11)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Shuriken- Blast 3- Multiattack), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Energy Blast" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 6) (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Shuriken 12 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Deathstroke is even willing to work for the Red Skull.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 6 / Defenses: 7 (89)

-No shit- DEATHSTROKE is his name. This guy appeared six months after DC debuted Deathstroke The Terminator, though I recall him going exclusively by "The Terminator" in the beginning, not changing it until the 1984 James Cameron film. This guy and his Terminators (hey, what the hell?) kidnapped Spider-Woman's boyfriend when he discovered them doing some Yakuza shenanigans, but she rescued him. Deathstroke fought her with his martial arts skills, but they were no match for Jessica Drew, who knocked him out with one punch.

-He later turns up as one of three applicants going for the position in the Red Skull's Skeleton Crew, and I... wait, I OWN that issue! How on Earth did I forget to STAT this idiot? Of course, Mark Gruenwald would remember this fourth-rate idiot, having him and The Mangler face Cutthroat for the job. Deathstroke fired shurikens at the men and injured them, but Cutthroat soon killed them both, getting the job. Sadly, we don't see the end of the fight- Mother Night simply walks into the room to see who's left standing, and all three men are lying prone on the floor. She thinks them all dead, but Cutthroat stirs to life, asking for "some band-aids and aspirins" (the NAME BRAND stuff! This just DOES pay well!).

-Having not read the Spider-Woman issue in question, I'm not sure if it's Deathstroke, Death-Stroke or Death Stroke. The Captain America issue uses "Deathstroke", but Writeups.org says "Death-Stroke"- hyphens are SERIOUS BUSINESS in the comic book world (you know how annoyed I get when I see someone write "Spiderman"? It's NOT HIS LAST NAME, PEOPLE!?!?).

-Deathstroke is supposedly a good martial artist, but anyone who gets one-punched in his debut, then gets fatally wounded by CUTTHROAT is a giant weenie in my book.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Mangler

Post by Jabroniville »

MANGLER II (Lucius O'Neil)
Created By:
David Michelinie & Herb Trimpe
First Appearance: The Thing #36 (June 1986)
Role: Forgotten Villain
PL 7 (72)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+5)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 1 (+1)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)- Mangler fights for money.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (72)

-Mangler was a forgotten background member of the Power Broker's organization, getting the same treatment that empowered so many others. He once beat the Thing by teaming up with Poundcakes, but largely became a forgettable Jobber after that. His general "schtick" was having a verbose, intelligent speaking style, despite his name and gimmick. He disappeared for a while until aiming for the "seven-figure salary" of Red Skulls's Enforcer, which led to him, Deathstroke (Marvel version) and Cutthroat all applying. Mother Night locked them in a room and told them they'd have to fight it out. Mangler missed a super-strong punch, easily took a kick from Deathstroke, and suffered a laceration from Cutthroat... and then we cut away from the end of the fight. All that we know is that both he and Deathstroke lay dead, while a barely-conscious Cutthroat struggled to get up- he won the job.

-Though strong, Mangler is a mere goon, and his backgrounder status, followed by his death five years after his debut, mark him as a PL 7 Jobber.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
Davies

Re: Bounty Hunter (Barrett)

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:34 pm
-This guy has "Filler Issue" written all over him. A random butthole named "Bounty Hunter" who is of course an assassin working for a crooke bail bondsman who wants to have the Rocket Racer killed as an example to other "defaulting" clients of his. The Racer's family couldn't meet their debt, but Bounty Hunter (who shares a name with a forgotten Ghost Rider foe) is defeated. Near as I can tell, he never appears again.
His name isn't as bad as that of the Hitman. (No, not Tommy Monaghan, this guy.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Re: Crazy Eight (Team)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:03 pm Members:

AUTEUR (Alex Flores-Simon)
-Alex was Jamie's mother, and could cast extremely realistic illusions. She was also briefly engaged to Wonder Man during the course of his series, but they ultimately split up.

DREAMER (Jamie Flores)
-Jamie was a young girl who could astrally-project while she was asleep.
A brief back-up story is a criminal waste of a concept as good as a superhero who has to team up with her mom.
ATTRACTIVE LAD (Aundray Phelps)
-An aspiring dancer. He apparently gained magnetic powers.
Also a waste. A magnetic-powered hero called Attractive Lad is absolute gold. He and Buff seemed to get the most superhero-y powers, too.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (J2! Ten-For! Terrex! Crazy 8! Deathstroke!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, that Wonder Man book seems like an interesting one. Very much a "Generic Hero Book" where a guy goes off on his own, lives in a unique place and meets a strange and interesting supporting cast. I know a handful of people who just LOVED that book, partly because it dealt with life in Hollywood and stuff like that. Pity it came out in the early '90s, and the character was killed off not long after- possibly-interesting Supporting Cast members like this kind of wither away and die.

Though this reminds me of Tom DeFalco's "Supporting cast should always inform something about the main character" discussion- I wonder how all of these guys reflect on Simon? Obviously his girlfriend is a big one. The little girl probably deals with how he relates to children or the young. The others... how he relates to obvious hot girls? Romantic rivals? I dunno. Their bios online are REALLY small, so this book & team don't seem to have much of a "Doom Patrol Fandom".
Jabroniville

Force Four

Post by Jabroniville »

FORCE FOUR
Created By:
Tom Smith & Jon Bogdanove
First Appearance: Power Pack #50 (Nov. 1989)
Role: Fantastic Four Homages, Alien Enemies
Group Affiliations: Kymellia
PL 6 (71)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Space Soldiers) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Kymellia)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (71)

-Force Four are a quartet of Kymellian super-heroes who copy the powers of The Fantastic Four in the pages of Power Pack. They are ordered to follow around the Power Pack kids on Kymellia for the funeral of Smartship Friday (who later turns up alive), but later they attack the kids in a "training session" that disguised the actual combat. They trapped Julie in her cloud form, and caught the others in a force field, but the kids turned the tides and defeated the squad. They later apologized to the heroes.

The Members:

FIREMANE (Oninay)- PL 8 (119): Expertise (Magic) 6 (+8), Flight 6 (120 mph), Fire Blast 8, Fire Aura 4, Ranged Attack +2 [48]
-Firemane is a Kymellian sorcerer with a focus on fire-powers.

THUNDERHOOF (Enbe)- PL 8 (113): ST 11, STA 11, FIGHTING 5, "Seismic Wave" Damage 8 (Line Area) [42]
-Thunderhoof is superhuman strong like The Thing. He was the only member of Force Four to object to fighting children.

TEAMLEADER (Ydrai)- PL 8 (103): INT 8, Inventor, Expertise (Science) 5 (+13), Technology 6 (+14), Armor +2, "Gadgets" Variable 3 (Easily Removable), Ranged Attack +2 [32]
-A brilliant inventor who uses his armor to make tools.

GHOSTMARE (Kym, aka Matriarch)- PL 6 (99): AWARENESS 4, Expertise (Magic) 8 (+10), Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Affects Others) [28]
-Ghostmare could turn things intangible, but later gained power enough to expand her powers to a planetary scale, and she became a spiritual leader to her people.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Harvard-Man

Post by Jabroniville »

HARVARD-MAN (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Allan Kupperberg
First Appearance: Crazy Magazine #75 (June 1981)
Role: Joke Villain
PL 7 (45)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Trivia) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Stunning Intellect" Affliction 7 (Intellect; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception) [14]

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Stunning Intellect +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +2

Complications:
Addiction (Sugary Confections)
Power Loss (Intellect)- Harvard-Man becomes a Hulk-level simpleton if he eats too much sugar.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 4 (45)

-A one-off character from a jokey book, Harvard-Man was originally built by Koroko Mystia, but I've had him on "The List" for years. A genius, he harangued the Hulk with a series of queries and extremely-fancy words that stunned the Jade Giant, but Hulk wisely threw a package of "Mostest Hinkies" at him, thus possessing the villain to drop everything and consume the sweet, ageless treats. However, this had a stunting effect on his intellect, leaving him a drooling idiot on the Hulk's level, and the two decided to pair up and bound off to "Smash" things together.

-This was one of the earliest parodies of the infamous Marvel "Hostess" ads, featuring heroes easily defeating bad guys by tempting them with Hostess treats. Harvard-Man is actually no stupider than many of those oddballs (the only in-continuity one of which is Icemaster, and only because Kurt Busiek is a master of hella-obscure trivia).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Wow, this page just kept going downhill after the pics of Patricia Heaton.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'd love to see the other Hostess idiots statted. I did build a couple myself, and someone built some of them in 2e, but they may be difficult due to their very limited appearances. Seanbaby has pretty much every Hostess comic ad on his site, I believe.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:47 pm I'd love to see the other Hostess idiots statted. I did build a couple myself, and someone built some of them in 2e, but they may be difficult due to their very limited appearances. Seanbaby has pretty much every Hostess comic ad on his site, I believe.
They're limited enough that a Template is best for them- then you can just include stuff like the Mad Deserter's "Deserter Ray", or those four-armed aliens. Actually, that sounds like a fun (if time-consuming) project.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:54 pm
KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:47 pm I'd love to see the other Hostess idiots statted. I did build a couple myself, and someone built some of them in 2e, but they may be difficult due to their very limited appearances. Seanbaby has pretty much every Hostess comic ad on his site, I believe.
They're limited enough that a Template is best for them- then you can just include stuff like the Mad Deserter's "Deserter Ray", or those four-armed aliens. Actually, that sounds like a fun (if time-consuming) project.
Yeah, a Template actually makes sense for them. I'd definitely be interested in seeing that set happen. Though it would also be time-consuming, especially if the DC ones were included too.