Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Hitman (Kenyon)

Post by Jabroniville »

HITMAN I (Burt Kenyon)
Created By:
Archie Goodwin & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #4 (March 1977)
Role: One-Off Villain, Hitman
PL 8 (115)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 5 (Military Gear), Diehard, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Guns +10 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Discharged from the army, Hitman now kills people for money.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (115)

-Okay, this goof going back to the very early days of the Spectacular Spider-Man book is a little weird. I mean, look at him- an outfit Aldo Montoya would find garish and dumb, and he's just named "HITMAN"? Why not "Super-Villain"? Or "Bad Guy"?

-This guy's actually got a history with the Punisher, as he saved Frank Castle in the jungles of Vietnam, stating that Castle now "owes me a life". He was later declared mentally unfit for service and discharged. Later still, he was turned into a hitman-for-hire by the crime syndicates- an "opposite number" to the Punisher, who'd recently come on the scene. Hitman was sent after The Vulture by an angry mob-boss who was rejected for some mutual partnership, but Spider-Man got involved, and a pair of three-way battles ensued (that Old Parker Luck strikes again)- Spidey barely pulled out one fight (where he had an aerial battle with the Vulture while Hitman took pot-shots from below) by tricking Hitman into shooting at an "injured" Spider-Man, who avoided the bullet and had it strike the Vulture's power-pack, ending his threat.

-A couple of months later, Hitman appears once more, working for the People's Liberation Front terrorist organization, who are fighting The Punisher. The leader has him kidnap J. Jonah Jameson and then goes to blow up the Statue of Liberty in a symbolic gesture, along with everyone in it. Hitman manages to shoot Spidey in the arm (which, Parker Luck-wise, was injured in an earlier battle with the Molten Man), but guns down the terrorist leader at the suggestion they murder hundreds. He uses Jameson as a human shield against the Punisher, but Spidey saves the day- Punisher knocks Hitman off the Statue's crown, resulting in all three other characters dangling off the spires, and has to choose which lives to save. Ultimately, he lets his life-debt to Hitman falter, and saves Spider-Man & Jameson.

-Marvunapp describes Hitman as a "Good Punisher Foe", but notes that most of them "don't come back"- he's also the FIRST of what turns out to be a dozen "old Vietnam Buddies" of the Punisher's, given his backstory.

-Surprisingly, this forgotten villain is no mere goober- Hitman is a pretty solid "Mirror Image Villain" to a "late Seventies" Frank Castle- him and a PL 9 Spider-Man were rather put out by this guy, who is much more clever than most villains, and knows how to use human shields and intervening enemies to his advantage.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Hitman (Pierce)

Post by Jabroniville »

HITMAN II (James "Jimmy" Pierce)
Created By:
Steven Grant & Hugh Haynes
First Appearance: The Punisher #85 (Jan. 1984)
Role: Repentent Killer, Blackmailed Hitman
PL 8 (111)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Soldier) 7 (+8)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 5 (Military Gear), Diehard, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Guns +10 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- Discharged from the army, Hitman now kills people for money.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (111)

-Another Punisher foe named Hitman, this one's from a crime family, but tried to avoid that business. But it didn't take- his uncle recruited him (by threatening his mother) to be a "Punisher" that worked for their side, imitating Castle. However, he grew disgusted with their tactics, eventually turning on them and allying with the Punisher to bring them down. He refuses to kill his family members, but his sister Lori did so instead, executing their parents and becoming the leader of "The Cullen Girls".

-A third Hitman appeared as one of Roderick Kingsley's many "Franchise" Jobber Villains. He later defected to the Goblin Nation, but has since reappeared as a backgrounder working for Kingsley again.

-This Hitman is pretty much like the last one- just a PL 8 gunfighter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

The Ringer (Davis)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE RINGER I (Anthony Davis, aka Strikeback)
Created By:
David Kraft & Keith Giffen
First Appearance: The Defenders #51 (Sept. 1977)
Role: Jobber Villain, Powersuit Guy
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (107)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+7)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+2)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 5 (+9)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
“Ringer Costume” (Flaws: Removable) [36]
Protection 2 (2)
“Constricting Ring” Snare 8 Linked to Blast 5 (Extras: Progression +2) (Flaws: Blast Limited to Snared Targets, the Round After) (Inaccurate -1) (39) – (42)
  • AE: “Standard Ring” Snare 8 (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Multiattack) (33)
  • AE: “Explosive Rings” Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (21)
  • AE: Create Ring Objects 4 (Extras: Continuous) (12)
-- (44 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Constricting Ring +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction & +5 Ranged Damage, DC 18-20)
Rings +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Explosive Rings +8 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+5 Costume), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Reputation (Lame Villain)- The Ringer is a Jobber amongst Jobbers, and knows it.
Motivation (Greed)
Relationship (Leila Davis- Wife)

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 11 (107)

-So why The Ringer? Well, it turns out that in all the times I've reposted "Spider-Man Villains" or taken characters from my first 3rd Edition thread on the Atomic Think Tank and transfered them to Ronin Army... THIS guy got missed! As it stands right now, The Ringer was last posted on my thread(s) on October, 2010- this makes the build seven years old, and easily my longest-term Marvel build to not have been transfered to a new thread, after the Power Pack kids. I find that pretty astonishing.

-The Ringer is a pretty classic "Generic Villain". He has a dumb, simple name. He has generic powers based around a single "tech" gimmick. His costume is simplistic and forgettable. He's no grand villain- just some jerk who steals stuff. He showed up in a few stories here and there. It takes a pretty crappy villain to actually realize he’s crappy and gets injured all the time, and boy was he bad. Themed around making big rings that did stuff, he was kind of a limited Gadgets guy (lesser than either Boomerang OR Oddball) with an inferiority complex.

-The Ringer debuted in The Defenders, where he was a NASA scientist jealous of Kyle Richmond's success, so he did the natural thing and had The Tinkerer build him a Gadget Suit that let him break into Richmond's home... where he was promptly beaten senseless by Richmond's alter ego, Nighthawk. His teeth broken and his freedom taken, he was miserable and resentful, but refused to fight another super-hero... at which point The Beetle kidnapped him and forced him to fight Spider-Man, who re-broke Ringer's teeth and humiliated him. Worse still, his next story five years later... involved him joining up with seventeen other super-villains at the "Bar With No Name" to discuss the Scourge of the Underworld, who'd been exterminating villains left and right. And then the bartender revealed that HE was Scourge, who "Pum-SPAKed" the entire assembled villainous group, killing The Ringer once and for all. Davis would be survived by his wife Leila, who would show up in the Deadly Foes Of Spider-Man mini-series, given a major grudge against Spider-Man.

-The Ringer is a lame PL 8, being rather easy to hit and inaccurate for someone who doesn’t do that much damage. He’s bright and a bit handy, but couldn’t take on KnightHawk in a fight, much less Spider-Man. He’s a fairly smart guy who built his own costume, but his gadgets are rather limited- the Constricting Snare is my best reflection of the 2e Constricting Extra, making it more expensive to be Progressive. It’s cool, but not very high-powered, dealing damage in the rounds after the initial impact. The rest of his stats are painfully low, and he can’t really take too many shots if the hero closes with him.

STRIKEBACK (Anthony Davis, aka The Ringer I)
Created By:
David Kraft & Keith Giffen
First Appearance: The Defenders #51 (Sept. 1977)
Role: Jobber Villain, Cyborg
PL 10 (126)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+2)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 5 (+9)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Killer Cyborg"
Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]
Protection 2 [2]

Teleport 8 (Feats: Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Easy) (29) -- [30]
  • AE: Blast 10 (Feats: Accurate) (21)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blasts +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +6, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Reputation (Lame Villain)- The Ringer is a Jobber amongst Jobbers, and knows it.
Motivation (Greed)
Relationship (Leila Davis- Wife)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 12 (126)

-However, it would turn out that Davis had barely survived the massacre at the Bar With No Name, and was transformed into the cyborg known as "Strikeback", who showed up in Fabian Nicieza's Thunderbolts run. As Strikeback, he actually revealed TALENT, allowing him to defeat Boomerang, Swarm, The Vulture and Stegron, though the damage Stegron had inflicted ended up breaking down his cybernetics, and the character died once more- off-panel. He was at least given a happy retirement before he passed on, but his wife Leila would not live much longer- being killed by Graviton.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (J2! Ten-For! Terrex! Crazy 8! Deathstroke!)

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 pm Wow, this page just kept going downhill after the pics of Patricia Heaton.
Well to be fair, I could have posted the top ten best comic book characters in history and that would still hold true compared to lingerie pictures of Patricia Heaton :).
HalloweenJack

Re: Crazy Eight

Post by HalloweenJack »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:24 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:43 pm ImageImage

CRAZY EIGHT (Leslie Anne Sharpe)
Created By:
Peter David
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #380 (1991)
Role: One-Off Story

-I'll let HalloweenJack explain this one, from back when he commented on her:
I think I remember reading once that Speedfreak was supposed to be Crazy Eight's brother.

Who is Crazy Eight?

Well the first Hulk issue I ever picked up had a blurb on it that I did not see as a lad which said "Warning! The Hulk does not appear in this issue!"

I was a little angry over this at first, but after reading the book I came to genuinely dig it.

It was primarily a Doc Samson story. He was informed I think by Fury that a former patient of his was about to be executed and requested to speak to him before she went.

That patient was a superhumanly strong mercenary/assassin dubbed 'Crazy Eight' that he had treated some time earlier. She had been captured by Wonder Man at some point and Samson had done a psychiatric evaluation on her to determine whether she was fit to stand trial or not.

See ol' CE had murdered a pretty affluent businessman/senator (I forget which) type and has also beaten the guy's wife when she did this. Samson comes in and interviews her, and she goes between lucid (explaining originally she wanted to be called Infinity after marking her first target with an infinity symbol, but the cops had figured she carved some sort of 'crazy eight' in it) and acting insane and doing things like putting cigarettes out on her and hitting on Samson.

Samson seems to find however that she's just faking her insanity and is actually a rational, sane individual. Despite developing something of a bond with her, its his determination that she's perfectly capable of standing trial and of course is convicted and sentenced to death. Samson meets with her, they say their goodbyes, and people are picketing and celebrating outside the prison because justice is going to be served.

Crazy Eight dies in the electric chair. Afterwards, Samson approaches the widow of the man CE killed. She's sitting there bawling her eyes out, everyone doing that because they assume they're tears over her husband. They're not and Samson sees why.

The widow is holding a high school picture of herself and CE as cheerleaders. There's even some words scribbled on it. It's one of those 'best friends forever' things from CE to the widow with a further bit that says 'if you ever need me to help you, I'll be there for you'.

Samson figures it out. Crazy Eight killed the man because he had been beating his wife, her best friend, and then took the fall for it.

Samson staggers out and some of the protesters are drunk while one, with some alcohol in hand, slurs and asks if Crazy Eight squealed when it all ended. Samson grabs the guy enraged, making him spill his alcohol all over the wall behind him, but then lets him go.

Samson walks away as the guy collects himself and repeats something Crazy Eight had always said "It never ends"

On the wall behind them the alcohol has sort of taken the shape of an infinity symbol.
-Alas, there's nothing really stat-able here, but she's presumably a decent sword-fighter. I'm not sure how she'd put up any kind of a fight against WONDER MAN, of course. I still find it odd that she's being executed for murder in a world where super-villains do that ALL THE TIME. Don't crazy tights-wearing people get a pass for that?

great, great issue

although rethinking it since it's been a while since I read it, I think the wife may have killed him and CE just took the fall for her
Jabroniville

Leila Davis

Post by Jabroniville »

LEILA DAVIS (aka Hardshell, The Beetle IV)
Created By:
Danny Fingeroth & Al Milgrom
First Appearance: Deadly Foes of Spider-Man #1 (May 1991), Lethal Foes of Spider-Man #1 (Sept. 1993- Hardshell), Thunderbolts #48 (March 2001- Beetle)
Role: Vengeful Widow
Group Affiliations: The Sinister Syndicate, The Redeemers
PL 8 (107)
STRENGTH
1/8 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+5)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Beetle Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [49]
Enhanced Strength 7 (14)
Protection 8 (8)
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
"Blasters" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24) -- (25)
  • AE: "Missiles" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (24)
-- (61 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blasters +6 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Missiles +8 Area (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Relationship (Anthony Davis- Husband)- Leila loved Anthony dearly, and wishes revenge on those who harmed him.
Enemy (Abner Jenkins, Spider-Man)- Leila holds these men responsible for her husband's failed super-villainous career.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 6 (107)

-Leila Davis is introduced as the widow of The Ringer, Anthony Davis. She vows revenge on the men she held responsible for her husband's death- Spider-Man (for beating him once), Abner "The Beetle" Jenkins (for bullying him into continuing as a criminal), and the Scourge of the Underworld (for killing him). She joins the Sinister Syndicate (in The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man, a predecessor to The Superior Foes of Spider-Man) in order to get closer to Jenkins and kill him, serving as the group's getaway driver. She begins dating Speed Demon, but splits with him and teams up with Boomerang and Rhino against their former teammates (Hydro-Man, Beetle & S.D.). She is arrested by Spider-Man before she can kill The Beetle.

-Much later, she is paroled from prison and resumes her old ways. Calling herself "Hardshell", she allies with Boomerang, Rhino & Vulture, then assaults a huge number of other bad guys in the search for an experimental gun. Eventually, she is rescued by her "late" husband, now the cybernetic "Strikeback". He eventaully dies off-panel after his cybernetics broke down, and she reappears as the new Beetle, fighting Abner once again. She forms The Redeemers out of old T-Bolts members, but the team makes the foolish decision to assault the uber-powerful Graviton, who casually crushes her Beetle armor into a tiny ball... while she's still inside of it. Gross.

-The character is kind of weird overall- she represents an interesting idea: the concept of an angry widow, furious over the repurcussions of an earlier storyline (Ringer was casually murdered along with sixteen other Joke Villains in one scene, because Mark Gruenwald thought they were all dumb). Her appearance in The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man was as a lying, nasty background figure, where her deception and conniving nature made her as dangerous as any of the powerful villains- her plan was to murder The Beettle- the protagonist of the story. She was nonetheless still a minor background character, but I liked the more "real" threat she maintained, despite a lack of costume.

-Her run in Thunderbolts seems a bit more odd- like they had an idea for another character from Jenkins's past, but then didn't want to do anything else with her, so used her as a disposable nothing for Graviton to kill. Well, give them full credits for style- that is a NASTY way to go.

-Leila is more or less a "normal" person who gains super-gear, so she isn't that powerful. Her Fighting & ranged accuracy are of course beyond a regular person, but she's only PL 8 with all that gear. The Hardshell Armor is unable to fly, but otherwise similar to the Beetle one, I think.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Crazy 8! Deathstroke! Mangler! The Ringer!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Now I'm curious, what would Abe's stats and PL be like back when he was the Beetle?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:00 pm Now I'm curious, what would Abe's stats and PL be like back when he was the Beetle?
I dunno- I've always avoided that because of the complexities of figuring out "what era" of an Armored Guy we're talking about. They all upgrade so quickly that determining a real "level" is almost impossible- I've never done that for Iron Man, either. I would GUESS that PL 8 is suitable for Silver Age Beetle, and maybe he was PL 9 by the 1980s.
Jabroniville

The Ringer (Kraft)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE RINGER II (Keith Kraft)
Created By:
Chuck Dixon & Sal Vellutto
First Appearance: Marc Spector- Moon Knight #10 (Jan. 1990)
Role: Jobber Villain, Powersuit Guy
PL 8 (95)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+5)
Deception 3 (+3)
Perception 2 (+2)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 1 (+1)

Advantages:

Powers:
“Ringer Costume” (Flaws: Removable) [36]
Protection 2 (2)
“Constricting Ring” Snare 8 Linked to Blast 5 (Extras: Progression +2) (Flaws: Blast Limited to Snared Targets, the Round After) (Inaccurate -1) (39) – (42)
  • AE: “Standard Ring” Snare 8 (Feats: Reversible) (Extras: Multiattack) (33)
  • AE: “Explosive Rings” Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (21)
  • AE: Create Ring Objects 4 (Extras: Continuous) (12)
-- (44 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Constricting Ring +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction & +5 Ranged Damage, DC 18-20)
Rings +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Explosive Rings +8 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+5 Costume), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 11 (95)

-A second Ringer debuted four years after the death of the first in 1990, in the Acts of Vengeance story. Keith Kraft is just as inept as Anthony Davis was, teaming up with Coachwhip & Killer Shrike against Moon Knight- a plan to destroy the world's superheroes by "switching up" the villains they faced. This goof only appeared a handful more times, like when Justin Hammer hired him along with Blacklash & Barrier to do stuff, but they were beaten by the Hulk. Subsequent appearances were really just "background stuff", like being part of the Shadow Initiative or a mourner at Stilt-Man's funeral.

-A third Ringer appeared as part of Roderick Kingsley's new "gimmick"- buying old super-villain gear and "franchising" it out to generic rooks who used them in crimes. This operation was taken over by Norman Osborn, who made the new Ringer one of his Goblins. After this story-arc was over, a Ringer (which one isn't clear) is defeated by the new heroine, Silk. Later, he's a minion of the Black Cat in her new "Crime Boss" phase, but still a screw-up, being beaten up by Killer Shrike & The Melter for failing to make a monthly payment.

-The second Ringer is as bad as the first. Actually, he's WORSE- Davis was at least a scientist of reasonable talent. This guy's just a generic goof.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

"Keith Kraft", huh? I just looked at the names of the original Ringer's creators...David Kraft & Keith Giffen. That's not the only time Marvel has done naming like that, either.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That reads like "The Bio writer had to come up with something, because the character never received a code-name, so the copied the creators' names"- Mark Gruenwald & Rik Levins' "Jack O'Lantern" got called Mark Levins for the same reason.
Jabroniville

Reapers

Post by Jabroniville »

REAPERS
Created By:
David S. Goyer
First Appearance: Blade II (2002)

-Reapers are a bizarre form of strange-mouthed vampires, calling the Blade film franchise their home. They are genetically-enhanced from regular vamps, and actually gain sustenance from consuming VAMPIRE blood, which is extremely addictive to them. This was all an accident- the vampire leader attempted to breed out their weakness to sunlight, but instead turned his own son and others into further monsters. The Vampire Lord Damaskinos sent Blade against them in order to kill two birds with one stone (he wanted Blade's "Daywalker" powers, but also wanted the Reapers dead), and teamed him up with the Vampire Bloodpack. Eventually, the Bloodpack was killed, Damaskinos was slain by his own son, and the Reapers were apparently all dead, too.

-Wait a minute- I don't think these characters ever appeared in a comic book! DAMN YOU, SPECTRUMMMMM!!! YOU TRICKED ME INTO BUILDING A MOVIE-ONLY CHARACTERRRRRRR!!!!

-Reapers are physically superior to Vampires, but are animalistic, single-minded creatures. Only their leader, Nomak, seemed to have any kind of common sense- the others were just attack dogs. This makes them higher in PL by one point, but diminished in points value.

Reapers Make the Following Changes to Vampire Tempaltes:
STRENGTH +1 [2]
INTELLIGENCE -3 [-6]
AWARENESS -3 [-6]
PRESENCE -4 [-8]
Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Protection +2 [2]
Trade Weaken Stamina for Weaken Strength [0] (this allows them to affect vampires as well as humans)
Weaken Linked to "Paralytic Toxins" Affliction 6 (Strength; Dazed/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative) [12]
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Have the Chi'tauri (the aliens that appeared in the first Avengers movie) ever appeared in a comic book? I'm not actually sure, myself.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hey, if it was on The List- you're just not looking hard enough to find the comic book reference. :P

It should also be noted that on the initial set of characters, I included which book (or series of books) the characters came from. But nooooo.. someone had to delete that info while consolidating.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Well, there's the Chitauri from Ultimate Marvel that were the main bad guys in the second half of "The Ultimates." Movie-variation Chitauri played a role in "Secret Empire" this year.