Sidious' FASERIP Builds: Now Gargoyles!!!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Sidious

Re: Sidious' FASERIP Builds: It begins!

Post by Sidious »

RUSCHE wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:39 pm Love this. Thanks for conversion chart.
You're very welcome. :)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:51 pm Oh cool! Nice to see another RPG represented, even though I can never remember the delineations of FASERIP :).

PS... did that line ever have an official name? People always call it "FASERIP" after the power settings and how they appeared on the graph, but did it have a regular name beyond that?
The Official Name was TSRs Marvel RPG, the FASERIP acronym was based on the games attributes like you said.

F = Fighting (Captain America)
A = Agility (Spider-Man)
S = Strength (Hulk)
E = Endurance (Juggernaut)
R = Reason (Mr Fantastic)
I = Intuition (Daredevil)
P = Psyche (Professor X)

you also had the 4 secondary stats

Health based on FASE stats
Karma Based on RIP stats
Popularity a stat based number that could change through play
Resources also stat based and could change through play.

Stats usually run from Feeble 2 (aunt may str) To Unearthly 100 (Hulk strength) for most heroics, to Shift x150 to Shift Z500 for the cosmic heroes, and the Class 1000-5000 for the Galactuses and such. Beyond was the games PL X ranking for the beyonder.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Sidious

Blue Beetle II - Ted Kord

Post by Sidious »

Blue Beetle II:

F: Rm/30
A: Rm/30
S: Gd/10
E: Ex/20
R: Rm/30
I: Rm/30
P: Ex/20

Health: 90
Resources: Ty/6
Popularity: 30

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Identity: Secret
Other Known Aliases: None
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: Thomas M. Kord (Father), Jarvis Kord (uncle)
Base of Operations: Chicago
Past Group Affiliations: formerly Justice League International, Liv-ing Assault Weapons, Super Bud-dies, Birds of Prey, Black Lantern Corps, Extreme Justice
Present Group Affiliation:

Equipment:
BB Gun:
  • Flash: Rm/30
Bug: Blue Beetle pilots a unique craft, it is both air and water capable.
  • Control: Ex/20 Speed: Shift X / Rm/30 (underwater) Body: In/40 Protection: In/40
  • AI: Reason: In/40 Intuition: Rm/30
  • Solar Powered: the bug is completely solar powered and recharges it’s batteries during the day
  • Force Field: Am/50
  • Electrified Hull: In/40
  • Pincers: In/40 str
  • Magnet Control: In/40
  • Lasers: In/40
  • Life Support: Am/50
  • Parabolic hearing: In/40
  • 360 degree vision
  • Radar: In/40
  • Telescopic Zoom: Ex/20
  • Ultra Vision: In/40
  • Stealth: Rm/30
Talents: Acrobatics; Persuasion; Detective; Engineering; Martial Arts: A,B,C,E; Robotics; Electronics; Computers; Stealth; Thief; Pilot: Air, Water; Guns

Contacts: Kord Omniversal (high); Law Enforcement (low), Justice League

HISTORY:
Growing up, Ted was extraordinarily bright. He was good at science, business, and everything else he tried. In college, he received degrees in Physics, English Lit, and Theoretical Mathematics. He considered joining his father's business, Kord Omniversal Research and Development, Inc in Chicago, but overall, he had no real direction.

When Ted's uncle made an at-tempt to take over the world, Ted set out to stop him, recruiting the help of his archaeology teacher Dan Garrett - the first Blue Beetle, who could call on superhuman powers from an ancient scarab he had found in Bialya. In the course of the adventure, Dan was fatally wounded and asked Ted to carry on the legacy of the Blue Beetle, passing the Scarab onto him. However, Ted couldn't get the scarab to work for him, and eventually set it aside, electing to go ahead without it.

Ted trained himself to his physical peak, constructed an aerial vehicle affectionately nicknamed the "Bug", made himself a Blue Beetle costume, and set out to establish his own identity as a superhero, using his wit, agility, and a large number of gadgets to stop evildoers.

After losing his wife, Ted's father neglected Kord Omniversal, letting it become a shell of its former self. Ted revitalized the company, building it up until it became one of the top R&D companies in the USA, rivaling S.T.A.R. Labs.

During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Ted was recruited by the Monitor to help fight the Anti-Monitor's shad-ow-demons. Ted discovered that Dan's scarab was able to utterly destroy the shadow-demons, but was sent back when the Monitor found the scarab couldn't be used as he wished. Ted kept fighting in the Crisis, but lost hold of the scarab in the turmoil, and couldn't find it in the aftermath.

The scarab resurfaced some time after the Crisis, apparently having resurrected Dan Garrett and sent him on a crazed rampage. When Ted confronted Dan and the scar-ab, the scarab spoke to him, telling Ted it wanted him as its new host, and offering him the use of its powers. Ted refused and helped Dan break the Scarab's control over him, shattering the Scarab's physical form and letting Dan die a final death, leaving Ted to grieve for his mentor one final time.

Ted's father eventually recovered enough to take back Kord Omniversal, but the company was devastated by Carapax, one of Ted's villains. Ted left to make his name in the superhero business.

Ted joined the Justice League as it was being reformed in the wake of Operation Humiliation, and often served as the pilot for the League's many vehicles. As part of the JLI, Ted met and befriended Booster Gold. The two had their differences, but served together for many years and had a bond that went beyond their wisecracks and buffoonery.

Ted's mouth and sense of humor often got him into trouble with other members of the League, especially the women. However, behind his jokes was a sincerity of heart, the knowledge of his responsibility as the Blue Beetle, and a desire to make the world safer for all.

Following his time in the League, Ted reasserted control of his business from his father, eventually making Kord Omniversal a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises. He re-tired from super-heroics for a short time but occasionally helped the Birds of Prey with funding and technology, becoming friends with members of the team. While working with the Birds, Ted discovered that he had a heart condition, limiting the amount of exertion he could manage without endangering his health.

During Identity Crisis, Ted led a team in search of Heatwave, one of the initial suspects in the murder of Sue Dibny. Soon afterward, he came into possession of Dan Garrett's scarab, which Hawkman had rediscovered in a Middle Eastern pyramid, untouched. However, the scarab was inert, as it had been when Ted had first received it from Dan and did not respond to him.

A little while later, a shipment of Kryptonite was stolen from one of Kord Omniversal's warehouses. Ted's various friends and allies looked into it for a while but soon returned to their own lives. If that hadn't been enough, Ted was then set upon by a gang of the Madmen.

With Booster's help, Ted set out to investigate the Kryptonite theft. In so doing, he unwittingly ran up against the shadows of the impending Infinite Crisis. During the course of his investigations, he lost the scarab to the wizard Shazam, saw Booster blasted by a bolt of energy from Brother Eye, which landed Booster in the hospital and witnessed the beginning of the Rann-Thanagar War. However, Ted found that no-one else, apart from Wonder Woman, seemed willing or able to hear what he'd discovered about the theft, leaving him to go it alone.

On the trail of his last remaining lead - a bug placed on him by the Madmen - Ted tracked the signal from the bug to Checkmate head-quarters in Switzerland, where he discovered a series of files that held the identities, strengths and weakness' of all of Earth's heroes. There, he confronted the master-mind behind Checkmate - its Black King, and Ted's one-time friend, Maxwell Lord, who planned to kill Earth's metahumans using Brother Eye and the O.M.A.C.s, making the planet safe for humanity. Seizing his opportunity when Checkmate's files were unexpectedly deleted, Ted made a break for it - but was brutally beaten by an OMAC and locked up. After being offered a chance to change sides by Max, he told Max to "rot in hell" and was shot and killed by his former ally.

Barbara Gordon, who had been a close friend of Ted's, established a memorial in his name, with further plans on the way. The Blue Beetle name survived, too; Hispanic teen-ager Jaime Reyes became the new guardian of the Blue Beetle scarab, following in Dan and Ted's footsteps as the third Blue Beetle.

The Blue Beetle of the 27th century, sensing a massive temporal disruption caused by Ted's death, traveled back in time to save Ted, recruiting Dan, Jaime, and Booster to assist him. Together, they succeeded, managing to rescue Ted from Checkmate before Max could kill him. To preserve the timeline, however, no-one in the present could know Ted was alive. However, this led to the creation of a time-line where Ted's death had not alerted any of his former allies, and instead Maxwell Lord had managed to activate the O.M.A.C. Project in its entirety, effortlessly subjugating the populace of New Earth. To erase the altered time-line, Kord fought his way back to the Time Sphere, which he programmed to send him to his death with Lord. However, a figure has since then reappeared, holding several pieces of Blue Beetle paraphernalia, prowling around a K.O.R.D. Industries warehouse. The figure then laughs in Kord's distinct "BWA-HA-HA-HA!".

When a Black Power Ring takes possession of his corpse, Ted Kord, unable to locate Booster Gold due to his new time-travelling duties, lures him in the open by targeting Daniel Carter and Rose Levin, his 21st century ancestry. He is able to successfully pierce the Supernova costume shields with a Black Lantern BB Gun and holds Supernova in place while beating Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) and staving off Skeets' attack until Booster arrives. He then moves in for the kill, hoping to rip out Booster's heart.

He battles all of them but is unsuccessful in killing anyone except a neighbor who complained about the noise from the fight. Jaime and Booster remove Rose and Daniel from the scene, and head to a KORD Industries warehouse where one of Ted Kord's hidden bases is located, to collect special equipment to fight the Black Lantern. Booster discovers that someone had accessed Ted Kord's hidden base a few months before his remains were reanimated. However, the only people, to Booster's knowledge, who have the authorization to access it are Booster Gold and Kord himself. They then head back, where Ted's corpse battles Booster until he is attacked by a light blast from a gun designed by Ted Kord himself, tuned to simulate the emotional spectrum. Separated from the ring, Booster seizes his remains before the ring can reanimate them, takes them into the Time Sphere, and deposits them in a small grave at Vanishing Point Fortress

Maxwell Lord, the former head of Justice League International and the murderer of Ted Kord, is restored to life and uses a device to amplify his mind control powers to erase his existence from the minds of almost everyone on the planet. He also influences the superhero community into believing Ted committed suicide, which enrages Booster Gold, one of the few who could remember of Max existence and also the best friend of Ted.

Later, Power Girl after regaining her memories about Max exhumes the corpse of Ted Kord so Dick Grayson can examine it. Dick refuses, still unconvinced about the existence of Maxwell Lord, but Batman arrives to reveal he remembers Lord as well. He and Dick examine the body with Batman making Dick realized Ted was actually murdered. Thus, putting the fiasco and Ted's memory at ease.

After becoming the Blue Beetle, Jaime reached out to Ted for help with the mysterious blue Scarab he was bound to. Ted quickly become his benefactor, creating a mobile command center and becoming his partner – much to Jaime's reluctance, as he did not intend to use the Scarab to become a superhero. After showing the Bug command ship to Jaime, a mysterious Doctor Fate appeared, declaring that Jaime's Scarab technology, created by the Reach, was really Magic, intriguing Ted.

After Superman is framed and rendered comatose, Ted Kord joined the group of heroes heading towards Mars to confront their mysterious enemy. The heroes meet and engage Doctor Manhattan, but they are easily defeated.

Ted was imprisoned on New Apokolips along with other heroes after the Dark Multiverse's Dark Knights, led by the Batman Who Laughs, conquered Earth 0. They were however freed when Batman, Wonder Woman, and Harley Quinn freed Superman from Darkfather's control.

He along with Red Tornado and Animal Man later assaulted the Robin King, who had beaten up the other heroes. The Robin King would however unleash a giant blue beetle upon Ted, resulting in his death. He was later revived by Batman using a Black Lantern Ring.
Last edited by Sidious on Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Marvel FASERIP system was my very first roleplaying game, and one I ironically got completely by accident.

See, when I was around 8 or 9 years old, I found an advertisement in the back of a comic for a Marvel Superheroes game. Now, me being a kid, the only game I could think of that you'd get for superheroes would be a video game. I mean, what else was going to simulate being a superhero but a good video game? So I saved up my money and got my dad to order it for me. A few weeks later I got a nice yellow box in the mail, and opened it eagerly.

To my surprise, there were no computer disks, just a lot of books, some character tokens, some maps, and some really weird dice. I was confused, but I was also a ravenous reader and there were books in the box, so I got to reading. Within a few months I was running really bare-bones games for my younger brothers, really simple stuff, but the rest is history.

One thing I will admit to disagreeing with was how Fighting was handled in that system. It always seemed ludicrous to me that guys like Thor, Gladiator and Hyperion had higher Fighting scores than guys like Capt. America, Iron Fist or Daredevil. I mean, if you put Thor and Capt. America in equal bodies and made them fight, I'd expect Thor to put up a decent fight, but ultimately Cap would be the clear winner. To me, guys like Steve, Danny and Matt would have been Unearthly, the less skilled guys would have been Monstrous, and guys in the Ben Grimm/Thor/Hercules category would have been Amazing, and everyone goes down from there.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

I had that although on the fighting score, my best friend was of the opinion that Thor, Hercules and the others had millennia to hone their skills. When Hulk 300 came out I ran a what if story that Thor dies fighting the mindless Hulk and Captain America shows up a picks up Mjolnir and Dr. Strange transports them away to another realm to fight where due to Caps skills and Thors power he kills the Hulk. Dark I know but I was young and loved the power guys a bit.
Sidious

Black Canary II - Dinah Laurel Lance

Post by Sidious »

A-BUH...!

Black Canary II:

STATISTICS:
F: In/40
A: Rm/30
S: Gd/10
E: Rm/30
R: Ex/20
I: Ex/20

Health: 110
Resources: Typical
Popularity: 5

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Identity: Secret
Other Known Aliases: None
Place of Birth: Gotham City
Marital Status: Divorced
Known Relatives: Larry Lance (father, deceased), Dinah Drake (mother, deceased); Richard Drake (grandfather, deceased); Oliver Queen (ex-husband); Craig Windrow (ex-husband); Sin (adoptive daughter); Connor Hawke (step-son)
Base of Operations: Gotham City, formerly Star City. Metropolis, Se-attle
Past Group Affiliations: Birds of Prey; formerly Justice League of America, Justice Society of America, Justice League Task Force, Justice League International, Team Arrow

KNOWN POWERS:

Sonic Beam: Incredible (40), Dinah possesses a metagene that gives her a potent sonic attack, able to damage and stun foes or objects, to the point of shattering metal.

TALENTS: Acrobatics, Detective/Espionage, Martial Arts A, B, D and E, Melee Weapons, Pilot

CONTACTS: Green Arrow, Justice League of America, Justice League International, JSA

HISTORY:
Dinah Laurel Lance was born into a family of crime fighters. Her father Larry Lance, was a police officer, while her mother (also named Dinah) was the original Black Canary.

The younger Dinah chose to be-come a crime-fighter at the age of nineteen, despite her mother's wishes to the contrary. Following a rigorous training program under the watchful eye of a former col-league and life-long friend of the original Black Canary, Ted Grant, also known as Wildcat, Dinah took up her mother's identity and adopted her costume as her own.

According to her origins during the Silver Age, Dinah's ‘Canary Cry' was the result of her being cursed by the Wizard during her childhood. This explanation has been retconned for the current continuity, however. These sonic powers are now the byproduct of her possession of the metagene, making her a metahuman since birth. Dinah's metahumanity distinguishes her from her predecessor; in fact, no other member of her family is known to have possessed the metagene at all.

Not long after her debut as Black Canary, Dinah Lance became a founding member of the Justice League of America. It was Dinah who suggested the newly-formed name of the League, in deference to her mother's having been a member of the Justice Society of America. It was through her new association with the Justice League that she first met the love of her life—Oliver "Ollie" Queen, also known as the Green Arrow. Black Canary's membership in the JLA lasted for many years. Her friendship with Oliver Queen developed during this time as their feelings for one another became romantic. When Oliver chose to quit the League in order to continue his efforts in Star City on his own, Dinah decided to join him there soon after.

Whilst Green Arrow and Green Lantern went on a road trip to re-discover America, Dinah too was motorcycling near Mount Rainier, Washington when she was attacked and run down by a motorcycle gang. Left unconscious in the road, she was rescued by a man named Joshua. The stranger was really a white supremacist cult leader who hypnotized her to his cause. Only when put in the position of executing her lover Ollie, was the hypnotic hold broken. Ashamed of being involved in such a despicable group—albeit against her will—Dinah worked with the Native Americans on the reservation that Joshua had intended to murder.

Dinah rekindled her romance with Ollie and joined the two on other exploits, including attending the trial and sentence of their Guardian companion, thwarting Sinestro and his sister, stopping an evil man exploiting a metahuman child, and helping Speedy through his withdrawal from drug addiction.

After Green Arrow accidentally killed a man, he abandoned his heroic persona, along with his civilian life in Star City. Hal sought Dinah's help to locate their missing friend. Her investigation inadvertently led her to a secret hate gathering, organized by none other than Joshua's sister. She was dis-covered and outnumbered by the angry mob who threw her off the roof of the building, but was fortunately saved by Green Lantern. Continuing Black Canary's spate of bad luck, a drugged driver crashed into a phone booth when she was making a call. Badly injured and losing a lot of blood, Hal knew Ollie was one of the few people with her rare blood type that could save her. Hal had heard of the discovery of the Arrowplane wreckage, and from there, soon tracked him down in an isolated monastery. Despite his own shame and his contempt for society, it only took the mention Dinah's predicament to get Ollie to return home, where the transfusion was successful.

Following the events of Legends, she becomes a founding member of the new Justice League International established by Maxwell Lord. Under Batman's leadership, they gained approval from the United Nations.

Oliver and Dinah set up a flower shop in Seattle—"Sherwood Florist"—as well as continuing to fight crime. Oliver was having some-thing of a midlife crisis, however, just as he was about to turn 43. He wanted to marry Dinah and have a real family with real children of his own—he loved Roy, his ward, and Roy's daughter Lian, but wanted his own biological children. Dinah turned down the idea, citing that their lives were too dangerous. During this time, Dinah was kid-napped by a drug dealer she was investigating. She was brutally tortured, causing her to lose her 'Ca-nary Cry' and rendering her incapable of having a child. Ollie killed the man who tortured her, and that act lead to a turning point in the life of the Emerald Archer.

When Dinah came out of the hospital, she was still emotionally traumatized by the incident. Oliver was with her as she entered counseling. She was initially hesitant to fight crime during the first few weeks after leaving the hospital but it was when she stepped up to stop some muggers on a bus (taking a few hits in the process) she felt back to her old self, knowing that her biggest fear was that she would not be able to fight back anymore, and that fear was gone. She and Ollie were closer than ever.

She continued to fight crime off and on, eventually breaking up with Oliver, feeling he would never commit to her completely after catching him kissing their young assistant Marianne.

Dinah was shocked when Connor Hawke, Oliver's son and the new Green Arrow, told her Oliver had died over Metropolis while fighting some ecoterrorists.

Dinah was contacted by Oracle (Barbara Gordon) to work in Gotham City, which she accepted, and the pair formed a partnership as the Birds of Prey. Dinah took this role with great satisfaction. And with that came the feeling that she needed a few changes required in this fresh new chapter of her life, deciding to abandon her traditional blond wig and bleach her hair blond whilst growing it longer instead. During her time operating with Oracle, Dinah operated using an electronic form of her Canary Cry: a weapon that would do the 'crying' on Canary's behalf, called Canary Cry Bombs. After a battle with Ra's al Ghul, she took a dip in the Lazarus Pit at Oracle's urging. Doing so healed her injuries and restored her Canary Cry as well as her ability to have a child. As time went on, the Birds expanded their number with Dinah as the back-bone of the team, operating along-side notable female agents such as the Huntress, Gypsy, and Lady Blackhawk. Following that, Oracle shows Canary the retail space that later houses a reopened Sherwood Florist.

Dinah helps found a new incarnation of her mother's old team, the Justice Society of America, following the death of JSA founding member Wesley Dodds. She serves as a member of both the JSA and the Birds of Prey for a time.

A short time later, Dinah resigns from the JSA when she discovers that Oliver Queen has been resurrected. She travels to Star City, where the two former lovers are happily reunited. Their renewed relationship is short-lived however, as Dinah feared that Oliver might try to take advantage of his young female ward, Mia Dearden. Dinah leaves Star City and returns to Gotham City where she continues to function with the Birds of Prey.

Following the "One Year Later" jump, Dinah trades life experiences with Lady Shiva in hopes of softening the warrior, undertaking a harsh training regimen in an unidentified Vietnamese bidonville, or shantytown. The regimen replicates Shiva's early life and training; Shiva, meanwhile, assumes Dinah's role in Oracle's group and demands that her associates call her the "Jade Canary".

When Dinah realizes following Lady Shiva's path will require her to fundamentally change who she is as a person, she ends the training and returns to the United States. She brings with her a little girl, Sin, who also had begun the harsh grooming process to be Lady Shiva's successor and Oliver Queen uses his connections to allow Sin to immigrate into the country. Dinah hopes to balance her duties as a superhero with the responsibilities of being a surrogate mother/sister to the child.

Dinah informs Oracle that she is quitting the team, having decided to devote herself to raising Sin. And the two leave Metropolis for Star City; Dinah jokingly tells Sin that she can rip out Ollie's beard if he isn't nice to her.

After leaving the Birds of Prey, Black Canary joins with Green Lan-tern (Hal Jordan) and Red Arrow (Roy Harper) on a mission to locate the Red Tornado's body (stolen by T.O. Morrow and Solomon Grundy). The three heroes join forces with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Black Lightning, and Vixen to defeat Amazo.

The assembled heroes re-form the Justice League of America; Dinah is made the Chairwoman, due to her strong abilities and strategic mind. The team's first mission with Dinah as leader sees the JLA and JSA discover that members of the Legion of Super-Heroes (a team that lives in the 31st Century) have been located in the 21st Century.

Dinah eventually returned to Star City to aid Oliver, Connor and Mia against Roadblock and Merlyn. During the course of their mission, Dinah rekindled her relationship with Oliver yet again, feeling that he had truly changed and that all the parts of him that she hated seemed to be gone. Oliver admitted to Dinah that many of the changes he made over the last year were due in most part for her, because he wanted to be a better man. As the battle concluded, Oliver at last proposed to Dinah. Dinah however, did not give him an answer right away.

Shortly thereafter, Ollie and Speedy helped Black Canary when Merlyn abducted Sin. To save her life, Ollie was forced to fake the young girl's death, keeping the knowledge of the plan between himself and Mia, even at the risk of losing Dinah forever. After Sin was placed into safekeeping, Ollie told Dinah what he had done. Recognizing that he was willing to sacrifice his own happiness to save a life, Dinah finally agreed to marry him.

After a great deal of compromise and strife, Dinah and Ollie agreed to get married inside the Secret Sanctuary, the original cave headquarters of the Justice League of America. Wedding guests included nearly everyone within the superhero community who were asked to attend the ceremony in-costume.

The wedding was interrupted by a phalanx of supervillains, who at-tempted to take out as many he-roes as possible in one fell swoop. Nearly all of the villains were apprehended except for Deathstroke, who managed to escape. Despite the interruption, the ceremony concluded and Dinah Lance and Oliver Queen were married.

Now as a married couple, the duo continued to fight crime alongside one another, facing new challenges. They fought off Cupid, a vigilante with an obsessive crush on the Green Arrow, and Discord, a man with a grudge against the Ca-nary for deafening him with her scream.

Shortly after, Darkseid attacked Earth and took control of it with the Anti-Life Equation. Dinah planned an attack on Darkseid from the Justice League Watchtower, but her plan was thwarted by a mind-controlled Green Arrow. She was forced to fight her husband and successfully freed him from the equation's control.

In the aftermath of Darkseid's defeat, Gotham City had to cope with the apparent death of Batman. Dinah was summoned to Gotham along with other heroes to join the Network as a way to maintain order without him.

Canary had eventually resigned from her position as chairwoman of the Justice League but remained an active member. How-ever, Hal Jordan and Ollie had felt the team had lost its direction and left to start their own rival Justice League.

Feeling betrayed by her husband, Dinah confronted him on the Jus-tice League Watchtower, but their fight was cut short because Green Arrow had to warn his former teammates of a threat his team had discovered. The villain Prometheus was planning a coordinated attack against all of the world's heroes.

Before he could successfully warn the original League, Prometheus broke into the Watchtower and at-tacked the heroes, severing Red Arrow's arm and incapacitating Black Canary. The League was able to capture Prometheus before he could do any more damage but, in his interrogation, he admitted that his plan was to destroy every major city protected by a superhero, starting with Star City.

On cue, Prometheus' trigger man Electrocutioner activated an explosion that wiped out a massive portion of Star City. Green Arrow and Black Canary panicked and used the League's teleporters to provide assistance and look for survivors in the wreckage. In the destruction, Ollie and Dinah found the corpse of Roy Harper's young daughter Lian.

Dinah and Donna Troy delivered the news to Roy in the hospital as he recovered from his losing his arm. Oliver, meanwhile, took revenge on Prometheus by executing him with an arrow to the head.

Oliver's murder of Prometheus was condemned by his friends in the superhero community, including Flash and Hal Jordan. Unrepentant, Oliver went on the run to avoid punishment. Dinah, wanting what she thought was best for her husband, joined Hal and Barry in searching the ruins of Star City for him. When they found him, he at-tacked them all, subduing them long enough to escape. He was searching for the man who pulled the trigger to destroy Star City, the Electrocutioner.

Oliver eventually calmed down, realizing the damage he was doing in his quest for revenge. He turned himself into the authorities for punishment.

Dinah visited Oliver in jailed and told him she understood that he needed time to be alone. However, still incredibly hurt by his actions, she gave him her ring back and told him their marriage was over.

The Earth was subject to another crisis when Nekron attempted to take over the universe with his ar-my of undead Black Lanterns. Nekron was able to resurrect the dead as mind-controlled zombies, including people who were previously dead, like Green Arrow.

With the aid of Mia Dearden and Connor Hawke, Dinah fought her zombified Black Lantern ex-husband. The living corpse fed off of misery and exploited Black Canary's emotions to grow stronger, while Oliver watched powerless inside his own body. To emotionally hurt her, the Black Lantern claimed he had secretly been in love with the assassin Shado, who had raped him and sired him a son around the time Dinah was tortured by a drug dealer. He also called her a fool for believing he had ever changed.

Though the Black Lantern had the opportunity to execute Black Canary, Oliver regained control of his body for long enough to miss the shot and hit a liquid nitrogen container. Connor, under Dinah's instructions, then used the liquid nitrogen to freeze him until the Blackest Night was over.

Like her last major breakup with Oliver, Dinah left Star City to start a new life in Gotham City, reforming the Birds of Prey with Oracle. This time, they expanded their membership immediately to include Dove, Hawk, Huntress, and Lady Blackhawk
Last edited by Sidious on Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Does this old heart good seeing how much people are embracing the old system. I have been in love with this system since I was 12 and am happy to share what I've done with it. :)
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Sidious wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:01 am Does this old heart good seeing how much people are embracing the old system. I have been in love with this system since I was 12 and am happy to share what I've done with it. :)
It was my first Rpg and will always be special to me. I had fun with it and still pull it out of the moth balls to play with our group. I am glad to see I am not the only one to have enjoyed it. I have a question, will there be your own modified rules? We tweaked it a little so I am curious.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Ares wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:43 pm

One thing I will admit to disagreeing with was how Fighting was handled in that system. It always seemed ludicrous to me that guys like Thor, Gladiator and Hyperion had higher Fighting scores than guys like Capt. America, Iron Fist or Daredevil. I mean, if you put Thor and Capt. America in equal bodies and made them fight, I'd expect Thor to put up a decent fight, but ultimately Cap would be the clear winner. To me, guys like Steve, Danny and Matt would have been Unearthly, the less skilled guys would have been Monstrous, and guys in the Ben Grimm/Thor/Hercules category would have been Amazing, and everyone goes down from there.
If I'm remembering correctly, an Amazing rank in Fighting in that system was the absolute maximum of human ability. If you put Thor and Capt. America in equal bodies and made them fight, if the bodies were human, Thor's Fighting would get knocked down by at least a couple ranks. It's not just skill, it's physical ability. Like showing up to a race in a station wagon: no matter how good a driver you are, the car only goes so fast. Batman's +20 Unarmed attack in DCA bothers me for the opposite reason--there's no combination of magic, alien technology, genetic tampering, precognition, speed force, or anything else that can make someone better at throwing a punch than Batman? Nothing?

Reed Richards and Doctor Doom had their Reason scores capped at Amazing, too--there were just some levels of ability the human body couldn't reach. These days it's hard to imagine any entity in the universe being smarter than Doctor Doom or better at fighting than Captain America, but I guess their plot fields were weaker back then.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

RUSCHE wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:05 am
Sidious wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:01 am Does this old heart good seeing how much people are embracing the old system. I have been in love with this system since I was 12 and am happy to share what I've done with it. :)
It was my first Rpg and will always be special to me. I had fun with it and still pull it out of the moth balls to play with our group. I am glad to see I am not the only one to have enjoyed it. I have a question, will there be your own modified rules? We tweaked it a little so I am curious.
I really only do house rules for setting disturbing things. I try to keep the conversions set to the Advanced Edition of the game. That way more people can use them without having to know all my little house rules.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Thanks. Like I said before, thank you for this forum. Rock on!!
Sidious

Amazo

Post by Sidious »

Amazo:

STATISTICS:
A: In/40
S: Am/50
E: Am/50
I: Am/50
P: In/40

Health: 180
Resources: N/A

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Property of the federal government at this time
Identity: Public
Other Known Aliases: Professor Ivo’s Amazing Android
Place of Birth: United States
Marital Status: Single
Known Relatives: none
Base of Operations: mobile
Past Group Affiliations: formerly the Secret Society of Super Villains

KNOWN POWERS:

Duplication: Shift Y/200. Amazo may duplicate powers, talents, and equipment
  • Animal Control – Marine life: Am/50
  • Body resistance: Am/50
  • Shape Change: In/40
  • Phasing: In/40
  • Flight: In/40
  • Invisibility: In/40
  • Mind Probe: Rm/30
  • Sonic Blast: Rm/30
  • Animal Communication – Marine Life: Rm/30
  • Elongation: Rm/30
  • Hyper-Breath: In/40
  • Hyper-speed: Un/100
  • Swimming: Rm/30
  • Telepathy: Rm/30
  • Telescopic Vision: Rm/30
  • Water Freedom
  • Penetration Vision: Rm/30
Equipment:
Power Ring: Material Strength: Un/100. Computer Reason: Incredible
  • Linguistics: Mn/75
  • Flight: Shift-Y/200
  • Energy Solidification: Un/100
  • Total Memory: Mn/75
  • Life Support: Am/50
  • Life Detection: Shift-Y/200
  • Regeneration: Gd/10
  • Force Field: Am/50
  • Astral Projection: Shift-Z/500
Bonuses: Amazo may duplicate talents and equipment as well as powers and attributes. Amazo may use up to 6 powers at once.

Limitations: Amazo can only duplicate powers of the JLA, which includes past members. The power Rings Material Strength is only Remarkable (30) when not being worn. The power Ring is completely useless against the color Yellow.

Talents: Acrobatics, Detective, Pilot

Contacts: none, has been used as a pawn by many.

HISTORY
Credited as being the world's first official android, Amazo was created by the immortal, evil master-mind Professor Ivo. Utilizing superior "absorption cell" technology, Amazo can replicate the super powers of any metahuman he encounters. And so, Amazo became one of the most dangerous men-aces to originally oppose the Jus-tice League of America. While initially programmed to serve the agenda of his creator: to find any means to prolong Ivo's immortality, Amazo had outgrown his original agenda.

Taking on the Justice League of America, Amazo has several heroic enemies. For a time, he was imprisoned in an airtight chamber within The Fortress of Solitude, after challenging Superman. How-ever, he eventually escaped that prison, and resumed his rivalry with the JLA, as well as the Justice Legion A's Hourman. A cybernetic hero from the 853rd century, Hourman's presence made Amazo resentful and bitter. But while Hourman - who later joined the new Justice Society of America, then departed to his original time period, is no longer Amazo's primary foe, Superman and the rest of the Justice League were still present to pose a continual problem for Amazo. While his programming and own sentience have displayed no intent on world conquest, Amazo exists as a monster of sorts, who’s very being is a hazard to all of humanity.

Amazo was taken to Gotham City in a shipment for Black Mask. However, it was stolen and activated by Red Hood in order to fight Batman and Nightwing. This version of Amazo was easily defeated as it did not possess the abilities or equipment of Wonder Woman, Green Lantern or Plastic Man and was destroyed by Batman.

Being housed in the Red Room, the Amazo robot lay in shambles, its synthetic skin not even applied correctly.

Seeing this monster's power, Lex Luthor had LexCorp begin work on what he would call an Amazo Virus, a disease that would give normal humans super powers like Ivo's android.

At one point, Amazo was sent to infiltrate the Justice League Watchtower while only Batman was on duty, leading to a fight between the android with the powers of the League and the hero with no powers at all. Despite the odds, Batman repelled Amazo and teleported all of his pieces around the world.

When the Crime Syndicate invaded Earth and seemingly killed the Justice League, Doctor Ivo and his reassembled Amazo android joined the Secret Society of Super-Villains and wreaked havoc around the world with no heroes to stop them.

In a matter of days, the Justice League defeated the Crime Syndicate and returned to power, and Amazo's whereabouts have been left a mystery ever since.

Despite this, Amazo's name remained in the news when the Amazo Virus that Lex Luthor had been working on was accidentally released on Metropolis, causing a widespread quarantine on the city. The first patient, Armen Ikarus eventually lost his mind to the virus and declared himself the new Amazo.
Last edited by Sidious on Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sidious

Booster Gold

Post by Sidious »

Booster Gold:

STATISTICS:
F: Rm/30
S: Rm/30
E: Rm/30
I: Ex/20

Health: 130
Resources: Ty/6
Popularity: 15

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States in the 25th century with a criminal record
Identity: Public
Other Known Aliases: Supernova, Booster, Goldstar, Waverider
Place of Birth: Gotham City, 25th Century
Marital Status: Divorced
Known Relatives: Jonar Carter (father), Ellen Carter (mother, deceased), Michelle Carter (Goldstar, twin sister), Rip Hunter (son), Rani (adopted daughter), Daniel Carter (21st century ancestor), Rose Levin (ancestor)
Base of Operations: Metropolis, Earth, 21st Century, formerly Gotham City, 25th Century
Past Group Affiliations: Justice League International, Time Masters; formerly Conglomerate, Extreme Justice, Super Buddies, Booster Gold International (BGI)

Equipment:
Booster Gold Suit: His costume is made of a special fabric which forms an exoskeleton.
  • Body Armor: Rm/30
  • Energy Absorption: Pr/4
  • Energy Blast: Rm/30
  • Force Field: Am/50 can be projected at a distance losing 1CS per additional area.
  • Power Reserve: Rm/30, may allocate 30 points to his strength, and suits powers
  • F: Rm A: Rm S: Gd E: Ex; Health: 90
Legion Flight Ring:
  • Material Strength: Ex/20
  • Flight: Rm/30
Goggles:
  • Material Strength: Ex/20
  • Telescopic Vision: Ex/20
  • Thermal Vision: Rm/30
Talents: Football, Tumbling, Trivia: 20th century, Pilot, Martial Arts E

Contacts: Justice League, Extreme Justice, Blue Beetle

HISTORY:
Michael Jon Carter, alias Booster Gold was born on December 29th, in the year 2442. Using the technology, he stole from the 25th Century, Michael became a superhero saving the life of the President of the United States on his first adventure. This act rewarded him with instant fame, which he cashed in on, becoming quite wealthy. Unfortunately, Booster's manager stole a large amount of his money, leaving him with only a little.

Michael Jon Carter and his sister Michelle Carter were born as twins to a loving mother and an irresponsible father in Gotham City in the 25th Century. On their 4th birthday, their father left the household to pursue his true love, gambling, leaving a huge gambling debt behind for the struggling family. Michael became a football player in college with the nickname "Booster", hoping that he would make it into the big leagues, when his mother was suffering from a debilitating disease that required a treatment that his family could not afford. Turning to the same vice as his father, Michael made bets and purposely threw games in order to earn enough money for the treatment. After his mother was cured, Michael was arrested and put in jail for gambling, instantly breaking his mother's heart.

After he was set free from jail, Michael managed to get a job as a security officer for the Metropolis Space Museum, where he saw images of superheroes from the 20th Century that were legends in his time. Deciding to change his life and become a superhero himself, Michael stole some artifacts from the museum as well as the security robot Skeets and used Rip Hunter's time machine to travel back to the late 20th Century. It was there that he made his public de-but, saving the life of the President of the United States from the Chiller as the new superhero Goldstar. Nervous, Michael misspoke on live television and got stuck with the name Booster Gold instead.

Michael hired an agent, Dirk Davis and started Goldstar, Inc. in Metropolis, with Trixie Collins as their secretary. Booster Gold was on his way to becoming rich and famous, not knowing that he had made an enemy out of the 1000. He eventually fought their leader, the Director.

Booster Gold was a main player in the revamped Justice League International, run by Maxwell Lord, during the late 1980's. Booster teamed up with Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, who quickly became a good friend, together causing some major trouble for the League, and drawing them into some of their funnier adventures, including setting up a casino on a living island. Frustrated at the lack of respect he received from his teammates, Booster quit the JLI and formed The Conglomerate, though he would later return to the League's ranks. During the battle with Doomsday (a name that Booster coined to describe the monster who would eventually kill Superman), his suit was destroyed, leaving him no longer able to function as a superhero. Ted came to the rescue and built him a new suit, although it was much bulkier and tended to malfunction. During a battle with the Overmaster, Booster was mortally wounded, losing his suit and his right arm. Ted built Booster another suit, which also served as a life-support system and included a cybernetic arm.

This incarnation of the Justice League eventually fell apart and Booster Gold joined with Extreme Justice. It was during his time with this team that Booster made a deal with Monarch, who restored his arm and health. Another new costume was constructed, this time in part from Skeets, bringing Booster back to his former power level.

Booster was briefly a member of the Super Buddies, a group reunited by Maxwell Lord with former JLI members. He mentioned be married with a rich elderly woman after his bankruptcy and JLI dissolution.

After the death of Sue Dibny, Booster, becoming disillusioned with his fellow heroes, gave up the Booster Gold identity and returned to normal civilian life. This did not last long, as he teamed up with his friend Ted to find who was manipulating Kord Industries, an investigation that led to Ted's death and Booster's temporary hospitalization. During the following crisis, Booster brought together former team members of his version of the Justice League to help find the killers. After this group encountered a trio of O.M.A.C.s, which resulted in the death of Rocket Red IV and the hospitalization of Fire, as well as the destruction of the power source of Booster's suit, Booster left the group, claiming that he was going "home."

Soon thereafter, however, Booster reappeared, with a once-more functioning suit as well as Skeets, who had been previously destroyed, seeking the Blue Beetle Scarab. He found it fused to the spine of teenager Jaime Reyes, whom he promptly brought to the Batcave to aid in Batman's mission to find and destroy Brother Eye.

After Superman lost his powers fighting Superboy-Prime, Booster attempted to fill the void he had left in Metropolis. Signing many lucrative sponsorship contracts, he used Skeets' knowledge of the future to be in exactly the right place at the right time to perform heroic deeds. He also, on at least one occasion, hired an actor to pose as a super-villain and subsequently "defeated" him. The actor later came forward, however, and Booster's credibility was immediately lost.

When a ballostro brought a nuclear submarine into the middle of Metropolis, Booster tried to reclaim his lost glory by defeating the beast. However, he had no luck until Supernova arrived to teleport the creature away. The submarine had been damaged, and was in immediate danger of setting off a nuclear explosion in the middle of the city. Booster managed to lift the vessel in his forcefield and fly it out of harm's way. However, he was seemingly killed in the blast.

It was later revealed that Booster had conspired with Rip Hunter and used his time-traveling capabilities to fake his own death. The Booster skeleton found at the blast-site was actually his desiccated remains from his death at some point in the future. Aware that his longtime robotic ally, Skeets, had apparently turned traitor, Booster secretly adopted the heroic identity of Supernova and traveled backwards in time to a point prior to his apparent "death" in order to ferret out the cause of Skeets' malfunction.

First appearing as Supernova eight weeks after the defeat of Alexander Luthor and Superboy-Prime, Booster used the identity to form various good deeds without the stigma attached to the Booster Gold identity, as well as collect weaponry for Rip Hunter. While the Daily Star was the first to name the new hero "Supernova," Clark Kent won the exclusive first interview for the Daily Planet by jumping out the window of the office of Perry White.

While battling Skeets, Supernova revealed himself as Booster Gold. While Booster returned to the Booster Gold identity, Rip passed along the mantle of Supernova to Booster's 21st century ancestor, Daniel Carter.

Following the final, Multiverse-saving fight against Mr. Mind, the villain who had taken over Skeets, Booster left Rip's employ and had Skeets repaired by Will Magnus. He also arranged to live with Daniel in exchange for letting Daniel keep the Supernova suit.

Eight weeks after defeating Mr. Mind, Booster seeks out acceptance into the Justice League. However, Rip Hunter has other plans and attempts to recruit Booster to aid him in repairing the time stream. However, this would require Booster to sacrifice his reputation, so Booster refuses. But when his certificate electing him into the Justice League turns into Hal Jordan's death certificate, Booster realizes what's really important. He drops his certificate and tells the League that he was only petitioning for membership so he could brag about turning them down.

Booster returned to Rip's lab and agreed to work for him on one condition: that Rip will allow him to change history to save some people important to him, starting with "the best friend [he] ever had." Though Booster and Rip manage to rescue Ted Kord, it is later revealed that without the death of Ted Kord, Max Lord accomplishes his early plan in killing many of the DCU's heroes. Ted Kord then decides to sacrifice himself and returns to the time were he is killed by Maxwell Lord, in order to save the heroes of Earth. But Booster was not left alone, as Rip Hunter surprises Booster by rescuing Booster's sister Michelle right before she died in one of Booster Gold's early adventures.

It is later revealed that Booster is in fact Rip Hunter's father. Booster is unaware of this, and Rip Hunter hasn't told him.

In an effort to save his mother's life from the Reverse-Flash, Barry Allen unknowingly changes reality, creating a new world in which his friends' lives are drastically different.

After the Time Masters: Vanishing Point event, Rip Hunter informed them that someone snuck in and left message on the chalkboard.

When Booster and Skeets awaken and are the only ones who re-member in original timeline. Booster travels to Coast City, but US army attack him believing he is part of an Atlantean invasion. Skeets is damaged when Booster is attacked by the military's bio-weapon known as Project Six (Doomsday).

Booster during the fight with the creature discovers he is being con-trolled by General Nathaniel Adam, and during the battle he saves Alexandra Gianopoulos from the creature. Booster learns the time-line has been changed, suspecting that Professor Zoom was behind it. Booster travels to Gotham City with Alexandra and the monster both following him. It is revealed that Alexandra has the power to absorb other metahuman powers and uses this to travel to Gotham City. The interface is however severed by Alexandra, which caused its true destructive personality to awaken. The creature the attacks and nearly kills Booster, only surviving as Project Six is at a more basic level of evolution than then mainstream Doomsday possess. The weapon then begins to rampage, killing innocent people, but after recovering Booster places the mental control helmet back on the creature, giving General Adam back control. General believing that creature was naturally mindless and incapable of doing anything without being under the control, decided that it was Booster's fault and decided to capture him. General Adam then decided to have Booster Gold interrogated, Booster shot down a girder, knocking the control helmet off him. At that moment the image of "Project Superman" appears on a computer screen and his true personality to awaken again. The creature then rampages through the facility looking for the Kryptonian known as Subject One, Alexandra Gianopoulos put on the control helmet, forcing him to rip open his own chest.

The pair travel to England and saves Booster Gold from an Atlantean attack, leaving Booster to re-turn to Vanishing Point as history resets itself his memory of the event is now a little hazy. Alexandra however survived and traveled back in time to before the "Time Masters: Vanishing Point" event and Alexandra left the messages regarding the altered timeline on Rip's chalkboard before vanishing.

Booster's powers become unstable and he is teleported to different timelines. He is first sent to Prime Earth where he encounters himself from that world and that worlds Blue Beetle. He then is teleported to Earth-Four and is attacked by that worlds' Captain Atom, who believes he is a villain. He is tele-ported again to Pre-Zero Hour 31st century Metropolis and finally to Deimos' castle, where he is captured.

He is teleported to Earth-Four and is attacked by that worlds' Captain Atom, who believes he is a villain. He is rescued by his Prime Earth-self and Rip Hunter. He later reunites with Ted Kord and informs him he is aging at an accelerated rate. He is saved when his Prime Earth Self takes him to vanishing point and he becomes Waverider. He then teleports Blue Beetle and his Prime Earth-self to their respective worlds and hides Goldstar and Rip Hunter in an undisclosed location.
Last edited by Sidious on Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sidious

Brainiac 1a - robot

Post by Sidious »

Brainiac 1a:

STATISTICS:
S: In/40
E: Mn/75
R: Am/50
I: Mn/75

Health: 195
Resources: Un/100
Popularity: -50

BACKGROUND
Legal Status: Brainiac’s existence is not known to the general population of Earth. Wanted criminal to most of the galaxy.
Identity: No Dual Identity
Other Known Aliases: Vril Dox, Brainiac, Milton Fine
Place of Birth: NA
Marital Status: NA
Known Relatives: Vril Dox (Brainiac 2, "son"); Lyrl Dox (Brainiac 3, grandson); Kajz Dox (Brainiac 4, descendant); Querl Dox (Brainiac 5, descendant); Brainiac 6 (descendant); Brainiac 7 (descendant); Indigo (Brainiac 8, descendant); Brainiac 9 (descendant); Brainiac 10 (descendant); Brainiac 11 (descendant); Brainiac 12 (descendant); Brainiac 13 (descendant); Brainiac 417 (descendant)
Base of Operations: Mobile
Past Group Affiliations: None

KNOWN POWERS:
Robot Construction: Brainiac is an alien construct created by alien science. One is never sure if they are facing the real Brainiac or a drone
  • Body Armor: In/40
  • Total Memory: Mn/75
  • Life Support: CL 1000
  • Energy Blast: Am/50
Computer Link: Un/100, Brainiac is linked completely to his ship. He may control the entire ship from a single chair and remotely. Additionally, if his current body is destroyed he may reform out of material on the ship in 1d10 rounds.

EQUIPMENT:
Head Ship:
  • Control: Am/50 Body: Mn/75 Speed: CL 1000 Protection: Mn/75
  • Life Support: CL 1000
  • Sensors: CL 1000
  • Force Field: In/40
  • Energy Blasts: Un/100
TALENTS: Engineering; Physics; Computers; Robotics; Electronics

CONTACTS: Lex Luthor; Superman Revenge Squad

HISTORY:
Vril Dox, alias Brainiac is a brilliant Coluan scientist. At some point, he cloned himself to get a lab assistant; the clone would later be called Vril Dox II. He acquired a spaceship and went on a journey through space, acquiring knowledge and using his robotic drones to capture living organisms of various alien species. Along the way, he came to the planet Krypton sometime during the lifetime of General Zod, and kidnapped the entire city of Kandor, miniaturizing it in his spaceship for preservation and study. He also created a remote scout unit, which was programmed to think it was the original Vril Dox.

The remote scout unit came to Earth as a cloud of nano-technological robots, and took over the body of sideshow mentalist Milton Fine, who worked under the alias "Brainiac". Needing cranial fluid to maintain his possession of Fine, Dox went on a murder spree. He discovered Fine had genuine psychic powers, which he frequently used on Superman.

Brainiac was later captured by Lex Luthor, but used his powers to wrest control of Lexcorp away from him. Under his mental domination, Lexcorp scientists recreated his Coluan form. The diodes in his head now increased and stabilized his mental powers, as well as al-lowing him direct access to computer banks. He continued to plague Superman, using a combination of mental powers and computer control. On one occasion, he began to shrink cities.

Following the loss of Milton Fine's body, Vril Dox would place his consciousness in a robot body he called Brainiac 2.5. He became briefly obsessed with gaining Superman's form.

Brainiac revealed he had placed a sleeper virus in Lexcorp's Y2K bug safeguards. This was intended to dramatically boost his abilities. Instead, it allowed Brainiac 13 to arrive from the 64th century. Brainiac 13 stole Brainiac's body and placed Brainiac's mind in the body of Lena Luthor. Brainiac 13 then converted Metropolis into a futuristic replica of itself; Lex Luthor traded his daughter, Lena Luthor, to Brainiac 13 in exchange for being given control of his B13 Technology. Brainiac 2.5 left with Brainiac 13.

During the Imperiex attack, Brainiac 13 and Brainiac 2.5 became involved. Although initially working against Imperiex with the heroes of Earth, they tried to double-cross them later on. However, this plan backfired; Brainiac 13 was sent back through time to die in the Big Bang and Brainiac 2.5 lost control of Lena Luthor. This copy of Brainiac is now considered dead.

Later, a copy of Brainiac teamed up with a future descendant of the Brainiac line, Indigo aka Brainiac 8 sent to kill Donna Troy and ensure Colu's future. This version of Brainiac was trying to clone its body using a secret Lexcorp facility. He was killed by Starfire when she destroyed his ship with him in it.

After the Infinte Crisis, a copy of Brainiac composed of nanoscale robots invaded a Waynetech robotics facility and tried to gain a new body - a prototype OMAC unit built with B13 Technology. Controlling Metallo and the Metal Men, he fought Superman and Batman for the OMAC, but was ultimately defeated.

A drone unit came to earth and fought Superman, drawing blood for research by Brainiac. After Supergirl informed Superman of Brainiac's true nature, Superman tracked Brainiac down, intending to retrieve Kandor. Brainiac beat the Man of Steel down, though, and then headed his ship towards Earth. Supergirl fought his drones fiercely, but they managed to capture her and take her on boards. Then Brainiac shrunk Metropolis and fired a missile at the Sun, planning to blow the Sun up and take the rest of the Earth with it. Supergirl stopped his missile, while Superman broke free in his ship and carried him to the surface of the Earth, where he knocked him out. However, as Superman was distracted with saving Metropolis & Kandor, Brainiac attacked the Kent farm; Jonathan Kent died as a result.

Brainiac was captured by the United States government and turned over to Project 7734. Lex Luthor attempted to flee the Project with Brainiac, but Brainiac resisted, citing a plan that he had.

Brainiac and Luthor attacked New Krypton, the former looking to steal the city back again. The battle against Brainiac involved Superman, Supergirl, the Legion of Super-Heroes, General Zod and his army and several thousands of Kryptonians. At the end, Brainiac 5 put a stop to his evil great-great-grandfather, and Vril-Dox was taken to Colu and jailed.
Last edited by Sidious on Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Sidious wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:34 pm Image

Brainiac 1a:
Team Affiliation: None
S: In/40
E: Mn/75
R: Am/50
I: Mn/75
Health: 195
Resources: Un/100
Popularity: -50
Powers:

Robot Construction: Brainiac is an alien construct created by alien science. One is never sure if they are facing the real Brainiac or a drone
  • • Total Memory: Mn/75
  • • Life Support: CL 1000
  • • Energy Blast: Am/50
Computer Link: Un/100, Brainiac is linked completely to his ship. He may control the entire ship from a single chair and remotely. Additionally, if his current body is destroyed he may reform out of material on the ship in 1d10 rounds.

Equipment:

Head Ship:
  • • Control: Am/50 Body: Mn/75 Speed: CL 1000 Protection: Mn/75
  • • Life Support: CL 1000
  • • Sensors: CL 1000
  • • Force Field: In/40
  • • Energy Blasts: Un/100
Talents: Engineering; Physics; Computers; Robotics; Electronics

Contacts: Lex Luthor; Superman Revenge Squad

- so very obviously this is pre-crisis Brainiac, but given the Brainiac is a computer/robot there's no reason he has to be the ONLY Brainiac. There's the Milton Fine psionic Brainiac and more.

- I love robot villains like this. They can keep coming back and in all new different configurations. Plus, you'll never know if you've destroyed them at last. Great reoccurring NPCs.
No body armor? Just curious. Love the builds.