Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting until 25th)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Your dwarf has a decent toughness at +6, but no I wouldn't say we have a specified tank at this moment.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Re: Finding Thy Path To The Dragon In Ye Olde Dungeon (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting until 25th)

Post by Flynnarrel »

With a dedicated and powerful Healer ant melee person is rather tankish.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I have a thought for a tanky type I could try and build.

I've been wanting to build just having a lack of inspiration. Maybe if I focus towards a role like that it'll help.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Name: Ashera Crowe
Race: Human
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 156lbs
Eyes: Blue/gray
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Power Level: 5
Power Points: 75/15(90)
Human 15pp spent on the 13 advantages and 4 ranks of Investigation
Hero Points: 1
[22]ABI [9]DEF [12]SKI [13]ADV [34]POW

[22]Abilities
Strength: 2
Stamina: 2
Agility: 1
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 4
Intellect: 0
Awareness: 2
Presence: 0

[*]Combat[*]
Initiative: +1
Unarmed: +4 DC17 Tgh (Bluedgeon)
D.Sword: +5 DC20 Tgh (Light and Dark, Slashing) 16-20 Crit
`V.Edge: Linked DC15 Fort (Weaken Toughness, Light and Dark, Slashing), Secondary Effect

[ 9]Defenses
Toughness: +6 (2+4)(+2 out of armor)
Dodge: +4 (1+3)
Parry: +4 (4+0)
Fortitude: +5 (2+3)
Will: +5 (2+3)

[12]Skills(24sp)
Athletics 3(+5), Close Combat(Swords) 1(+5), Expertise(INT)(Shadow Magic) 6(+6), Insight 5(+7), Investigation 6(+6), Perception 3(+5)

[13]Advantages
Benefit (Dusk Knight), Favored Environment(Poor Lighting), Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Interpose, Language(Common/Trade), Precise Attack(Close Concealment), Ritualist(Shadow Magic), Skill Mastery(Athletics), Weapon Bind, Weapon Break

[34]Powers
[10] Delayed Damage: Healing 9, Reaction(Taking damage), Limited to Healing damage dealt by triggering attack, Quirk 8(Reduce Temporary's time to 6 seconds/1 round), Self Only, Temporary

[ 6] Dusk Armor: Protection 4, Feature(Can change appearance at will), Sustained, Subtle

[ 9] Dusk Knight Techniques: Array 7 points with 2 Alternate Effects
-[ 7] Analyze Prey: Perception Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted and overcome by Will; Vulnerable, Defenseless), Insidious, Subtle, Conditions Limited to Ashera's attacks, Limited Degree
-[ 5] Lifeforce Edge: Regeneration 10, Source(Damaging a being with any kind of life force with slashing or piercing melee damage)
-[ 7] Vengeful Edge: Linked to Shadow Sword attack Weaken Toughness 5, Secondary Effect, Limited to while under the effect of Delayed Damage

[ 7] Dusk Sword: Strength-Based Damage 3, Improved Critical 4

[ 2] Tenacious: Regeneration 1, Feature(Diehard)

Complications:
Motivation (Responsibility): Dusk knights are born, not made. When a pregnant mother is attacked by a creature of darkness, there is a chance, if she survives, that some sliver of that darkness takes root in the unborn child. The order of dusk knights seeks these children out and conscripts them to train amongst their ranks, stroking that small dark ember, tempering it with light while instilling in them the responsibility they have to visit back on the creatures of darkness the destruction they cause among the innocent.

Honor: Ashera is a proud dusk knight who is charged with fighting evil denizens of darkness who receive no quarter. Besides that however, she is also a knight, meaning there is a certain level of honor associated with her station. So long as they are not a creature of darkness, Ashera will take no unfair advantages over an opponent; fighting a defenseless or disarmed opponent for example.

Prejudice: Dusk Knights as they wield powers similar to that of darkness tend to be mistrusted, despite their mission to destroy creatures of darkness. People who recognize what Ashera is will tend to be distrustful, possibly even hostile.

Weakness (Light): While the dusk knight's power is darkness tempered with some measure of light, it is with a leaning towards defense against darkness, so it leaves the knight succeptable to attacks from light. (+50% effect ranks from attacks with the light descriptor)

Background:
Dusk knights are born, not made. Ashera's laboring mother was attacked by a shade while carrying an unborn Ashera, but was saved, albeit temporarily by a passing dusk knight that had been hunting the shade. Ashera's mother lived long enough to give birth and name Ashera before she passed, leaving the dusk knight to take Ashera back to the order. If she turned out to have the sliver of darkness, she would be trained, if not, she would be returned to a regular settlement to be further raised by a children's house, temple or anyone who would take her.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, she did turn out to have the sliver and was trained among several other children of varied age, though all young. The training was harsh; merciless as the creatures of darkness who would offer no mercy, brutal as the creatures they would battle and meticulous as the creatures of the dark would punish any mistake or weakness and it could cost the knight their life.

Ultimately though, Ashera overcame the challenges and rose to the rank of knight errant, granting her the privilage and responsibility to travel the land, hunting creatures of darkness whereeverso she encountered them. The means would be her own, largely in charge of herself to determine where she would travel, and responsible for how she would get there.

Personality:
Ashera could be considered coldly professional. She of course has manners as any proper knight, but it almost seems to come from a cold mask hiding her real personality which is shockingly gentle and compassionate, appreciating the beauty in various things and in simple things like a warm bowl of stew in front of a roaring fire on a cold winter night.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Are we going to have the Removable discussion again?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The removable discussion?
------------
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Looks like this could be fun. I'll give the matter some thought.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Removable applies to the power as a whole and not individual effects, although it may apply to a power with only one effect. The flaw is worth –1 point (–2 points for Easily Removable) per 5 total power points of the power’s final cost, rounded up, after applying extras and flaws to its effects.
So this means you have to have 5 points before you put on removable.

1-4pp, no flaw
5-9pp, -1 removable/-2 easily removable
10-14pp, -2/-4
15-19pp, -3/-6

and so on and so on.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ahhh, I see what you mean now.
------------
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Mudzum Firebelly, Dwarf Monk

Caladir Vanselli, Elf Cleric

Drusella, Tiefling Alchemist

Reva, Archer

Needs background

Ashera Crowe, Knight

Is a a stat block :lol: Also, as mentioned, the Removable prices are off.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

You missed the next part of the line which is pretty important. "rounded up".

There are two ways to really look at that, and that's to the nearest increment of 5, or round up any fractional results of dividing by 5. The results end up the same regardless.

So 6 divided by 5 is 1.2, rounded up to 2, doubled for easily removable so it's 6-4.
And 3 divided by 5 is .6, rounds up to 1.

As for the background and stuff, I have it, just not typed yet. Will get to it after work today. Also, the picture doesn't seem to be working, so I'll hafta look into that oo
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

So I did. Not pupuing on your interpretation, but I don't want cheaper than free items. I'll put my clarification in the first post. Call it a house rule or rules as intended, but that's the way I'm rolling with Removable.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I see your interpretation EE. I can't imagine the game designers would do that.

Say I have a handheld anti-fire shield.

Immunity to Fire damage, 5pp, -2 for easily removable = 3pp
say I add Subtle to it, now I have immunity Fire Damage, Subtle, 6pp, -4 for easily removable = 2pp

I can't see them intending to have a more powerful effect costing less.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Something you should think about, non-humans, your racial language (or adoptive language, if you weren't raised by your kind) is free. But if you want Common/Trade, you'll have to buy that. Or, flip that, buy your native language as part of your 15 points and have Common/Trade as your 'native' language.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Also, humans, please list what you bought with your 15 points.