So, You Want To Save The World, Do You? (OOC, closed recruiting until 27th)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: So, You Want To Save The World, Do You? (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 am Image

Picture by In-Hyuk Lee.

ANDY WARHOL THE DESTROYER, PL 12

Strength 4/10, Stamina 12, Dexterity 2, Agility 6, Fighting 12, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 2
* 84 points

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Defense, Interpose, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge * 10 points

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+10), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+14), Intimidation 20 (+22), Perception 8 (+11), Ranged Combat: Ki 5 (+7), Stealth 4 (+10), Technology 5 (+6) * 24 points

Powers:
Afterimages - Partial Concealment vs all visual senses * 4 points

Flight 10, 1 Alternate Effect * 21 points
Speed 10, Quickness 10

Ki Techniques - 21 point array, 5 Alternate Effects * 26 points
Physical Augmentation - Enhanced Strength 6, Multiattack 10, Quirk: cannot use Covering Fire
Defensive Field - Immunity 20 (broad descriptor: energy, Limited to half effect), Impervious Toughness 11
Casual Blast - Ranged Damage 7, Accurate 5, Improved Critical 2
Sustained Barrage - Ranged Multiattack Damage 7, Distracting, Improved Critical 2
Full Power Blast - Ranged Damage 17, Distracting, Improved Critical 4
Destruction Wave - Damage 12 (Cone Area 2, Distracting, Tiring; Cone Area 3 on 9 ranks)

Force field projector and scanner - 20 pp, Removable * 16 points
Immunity 9: Critical hits, suffocation, all environmental conditions
Senses 3 - Darkvision, Extended Vision
Senses 5 - Detect life energy/"fighting power", Ranged, Acute, Extended 2
Senses 4 - Sight penetrates concealment, distracting
Ultimate Effort: Toughness saves

Offense:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +14 (Multiattack Damage 10)
Casual Blast +17 (Ranged Damage 7, crit. 18-20)
Sustained Barrage +17 (Ranged Multiattack Damage 7, crit. 18-20)
Full Power Blast +7 (Ranged Damage 17, crit. 16-20)

Defense:
Dodge +12, Parry +12, Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +12 * 15 points

Complications:
Collateral Damage - Andy can be tremendously destructive. Fortunately, he knows it, and generally tries to avoid using his biggest blasts in populated areas.
I Am The Hype - Andy firmly believes that he is the greatest warrior in the universe, and he continues to believe so in the face of all evidence to the contrary. He will confidently trash-talk people moments away from handing him his ass, and being defeated will dampen his self-confidence for, at best, a short period of time before he convinces himself he was tricked or cheated somehow.
Funny-Looking - Andy has bright red skin, long white hair, and horns. He also likes to wear cowboy hats.
Not From Around Here - Andy was a stranger to the earth in his own universe, let alone other universes.

Total: Abilities 84 + Advantages 10 + Skills 24 + Powers 67 + Defenses 15 = 200 points

Ann Duerhaal is part of the elite warrior caste of an alien race that acts as cosmic security forces and police. His warrior caste is very competitive, and when the Cosmic Coil gave him the opportunity to face challenges from other universes, he jumped at the chance to win fame and glory for himself that his fellow fighters could only dream of. He has occasionally been to planet earth, or at least an earth, and he was shocked to find that on earth Ann is not considered a masculine name. He also learned, however, that the name Ann Duerhaal sounds a lot like a celebrity named "Andy Warhol," and after making sure that Andy Warhol was an important and famous person, he started using that as his name around humans.
Up to two hundred points. I added some skill points and gave his scanner some new abilities. I also gave him Interpose, since his ability to resist energy might make him better suited to taking the hits in some situations.
RainOnTheSun

Re: So, You Want To Save The World, Do You? (M&M3e, OOC, recruiting until 25th)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 am Image
"I spend half my life working out, I have Attractive 2, and damn it, people are going to notice."

I like the idea of a world whose Superman or Wonder Woman is a straightforward brick.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

I apologize the last week or so has been a write off due to work, got called in on my day off when I hoped to flesh out my submissions background, still interested though.

However, if my schedule doesn't permit me to make the cut off before completing the character I totally understand, and respect your decision.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Seeing as I have a meeting this evening and probably won't be back until the mid-morning, I'm not going to make my own deadline.

I think this group needs a little more time though. Friday is the absolute deadlock though. Get your stories done. Get your complications done. Get your sheets done. I will be picking characters then.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I don't usually like high-powered games but I have this character idea I'd like to try.
*****************************************************************************************

The United Coalition of Planets is the premiere presence in their universe uniting over 1000 planets across a multitude of star systems. It encourages peaceful dealings and communication across the stars. But the U.C.P. are no dummies. They know they must also be prepared for conflict. Toward that end they designed the Alpha Class starship for both exploration and confrontation, their flagship of which is the U.C.P. Praxis, commanded by Captain Jonathan Trent, a middle age Earthling with a distinguished record in both tactics and diplomacy. They gave him the best crew of science officers, medical staff, and engineers to keep the ship running smooth. Its zero-point drives would run near forever producing all the energy it would need and the onboard replicators can keep them in whatever physical matter required be it parts or food and sundries for the crew. They would be prepared for anything. So when they were sucked into a wormhole created by a collapsing star (they were shielding a nearby inhabited planet from the effects its deadly supernova), and they emerged into a completely different Universe, they were momentarily taken aback by the fact that, apparently, their Universe was built on a mere fraction of the scale as this one. Buildings here were planet-sized and people were formidable even without, apparently, some of them possessing strange powers. The Praxis started by gathering allies in this new Universe, one of which is an interplanetary corporation known as Cosmic Coil. They promised to help with whatever multi-dimensional research they could and otherwise keep on the lookout for ways the Praxis could use to get back to their home dimension.

The U.C.P. Praxis looks to be a foot-long toy model. Anyone looking closely will see the intricate details and maybe even several minuscule beings looking back at you from portholes. It was determined that the crew cannot venture outside of the Praxis due to the size difference and their bodies not able to process the size of this verse's Oxygen molecules so they act as one unit under Cpt. Trent. It is usually his voice or even a holo-projection of him that the Praxis emits during briefings (though occasionally it'll be a technician or counselor if their experience is needed).

Complications:
Motivation/ Sworn duty - Peace and Protection, Captain Trent still maintains the code of the United Coalition of Planets - Protect the innocent life, establish and maintain peace.
Homesick - The Praxis is looking for a way home.
Explorer vessel - The Praxis is likewise here to gain information on Strange new life, and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before. They should have been careful what they wished for.

U.C.P. Praxis

PL12 200

Str 0/-2
Agi 4
Dex 0
Sta --
Fgt 0
Awe 6
Int 4
Per 2

Defenses
Toughness 10
Dodge 4+4size+6pp = 14
Parry 4size+10pp = 14

Will 6+6pp = 12
Fort --

Advantages [15pp]: Jack of All Trades, Power Attack, Evasion 2, Prone Fighting, Uncanny Dodge, Fearless, Precise 2 (Range/Concealment,Cover), Luck 2, Improved initiative, Onboard Equipment 1, Skill Mastery (Technology), Reconfigure the Forward Array(Benefit - Ritualist using Technology)*,
Equpiment: Commlink, GPS, Video Recorder, Computer

*{unlike inventor, the use of this doesn't create items but instead let's the ship do a wide range of things more akin to Spells than anything else. Sufficiently advanced technology being indistinguishable from magic, and all that.}

Skills [17pp]: Technology 12(+16), Perception 6(+12), Insight 2(+8), Deception 6(+8), Persuasion 8(+10), Stealth 0(+12), initimidate 0(-2)

Powers:
Universal Translator; Comprehend all languages- Speak, Understand [4pp+1ae]
AE: Advanced Interface adaption; Comprehend Machines- Speak, Understand

Impulse Engines; Flight 1, Continuous, Subtle, Aquatic, Feature-Always Prone [6pp+1AE]
AE: Space Flight 3

Self-contained life Support; immunity Fortitide [30pp]
{The Sealed Hull of the Praxis keeps the ship operating at peak efficiency, stops external contaminants, crew shifts mean the Ship doesn't really 'sleep', it even grounds out any magical or power instance of biological attack (it may spread throughout the crew but the onboard doctors treat it too quick to register, and while the crew is subject to aging even that may not matter as children are born and trained, etc.}

Advanced Sensory sweep, Variable, Limited to Sense powers, [6pp]
{The Praxis can reconfigure it's sensors in any manner of ways. Reproducing 5pp of sensory effects.
Examples could be 'Calibrate for radiation', Detect Radiation, Ranged, Analytical, Accurate; or 'Deep Scan', Penetrating Vision, Extended; or 'Full Magnification to Science station', Atomic Vision(atomic), Analytical; or even 'Advanced Simulation modelling', Postcognition, rapid.}

Micro-dimension origins; Shrinking 8, Permanent, innate [9pp]
{1foot long, -2 Str, -1 Ground Speed, +4Active defenses, +8 Stealth, -4 intimidate}

Engineer teams on Damage Control; Regeneration 6, {One to overcome lack of Sta, so 1/2rounds} [6pp]
{Tiny damage control teams work to repair the ship mid-combat}

AI/Crew back-up; immunity Mental (half) [5pp]
{A mental Affliction or attack directed at the Praxis would be spread over the crew of 1000's of individual miniscule minds. It's a much reduced impact that way.}

Reinforced Hull; Protection 10, Immunity Criticals [12pp]

Ship's Systems;
Tractor Beam; Move Object 10, Damaging, Precise, Accurate 7 [38+6aes]
AP: Holographic Projectors; Illusion (Vision and Auditory) pr 12, Attractive 2
AP: Cloaking Field; Concealment 10, Affects Other, Precise, Reach 2 {Can extend to cover a person 10 feet away}
AP: Volley of Photon Torpedoes; Damage, Ranged pr8, Multiattack, Accurate 8, Takedown 2, Homing 2, Improved crit 2
AP: Sonic emitter array; Affliction pr 12, Cumulative, Area Cone (Resist by Fort, Daze/Stun/Incapacitated), Reversible, Subtle
AP: Cutting Phaser Beam; Weaken Toughness, Affects Objects Also, Area-Line, pr 12, Linked Damage, Area-line 1
AP: HyperJump and Warp Speed; Teleport, Extended, 6, Change Velocity (19) {1,800ft/move, 60mi/dbl-move} and Flight 9, Aquatic (19) {Combines for Flight 10, 4mi/move, 2000 MPH, Swim 1mi/move}

Offenses:
init +8
Unarmed/Ramming speed +0 to Hit, DC 13 Toughness, {Root-level programming in the ship will fight against any collisions}
Tractor Beam Damage: +14 to hit, DC25 damage
Holograms, DC 22 Insight
Volley of Torpedoes, +16 to hit, DC23 Toughness [18-20 crit], Multiattack, Homing 2, Takedown 2
Sonic Emitter, Affliction, Area-Cone, DC22 Dodge, DC22 Fort, Reversible, Subtle
Cutting Beam, Area-Line, Dodge DC22 for half effect, Weaken Toughness, Affects Objects, DC22, then Toughness DC16,

Attributes 22 + Defenses 22 + Advantages 15 + Skills 17 + Powers 124 = 200/200
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That is the single most unique "superhero" I've ever seen. Color me intrigued.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm That is the single most unique "superhero" I've ever seen. Color me intrigued.
Crazy, right?! The idea wouldn't let me go until I built it.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I built a sentient alien sword as a hero before.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm That is the single most unique "superhero" I've ever seen. Color me intrigued.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:43 pm Crazy, right?! The idea wouldn't let me go until I built it.
I want to fit this in the game. We'll see!
Shadowbourne

Re: So, You Want To Save The World, Do You? (OOC, closed recruiting until 27th)

Post by Shadowbourne »

Finished Complications for Lord Tenebrae...hopefully soon enough
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Quote the intesting line up of potential cast. Pretty diverse too.

Star Born: Cosmic knight

Android X: Data construct

ANDY WARHOL THE DESTROYER: Essentially Vegita ;)

Reena Bunyan: Ax of the land

Lord Tenebrae, the Shadowborne: Last edge lord of a doomed world :mrgreen:

Radioactive Man: Self explanatory name man

Valor: Basically All Might (straight forward brick)

U.C.P Praxis: The littlest space cruiser of war
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Forgive my absence today, there were unavoidable problems out in the real world.

Right now the list looks as such
  • Android X
  • ANDY WARHOL THE DESTROYER
  • Lord Tenebrae, The Destoryer
  • Reena Bunyan
  • U.C.P Praxis
  • Valor
If all simmers down within the next few hours, I'll get back to posting. Without going into my personal life, I don't think that's going to happen. Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Thank you for your patience.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Looks like an interesting roster. We got heroes, antiheroes, a toy-sized battleship. xD
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Turns out I forgot that no stamina counted as -5 for point calculation. I'll see about updating U.C.P. Praxis when I can.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"ᗩᑎ E᙭ᑕEᒪᒪEᑎT TEᗩᗰ ᔕEᒪEᑕTIOᑎ. I ᑕᗩᒪᑕᑌᒪᗩTE ᗩ 78% ᑕOᗰᑭᗩTIᗷIᒪITY ᖇᗩTIᑎG ᗷETᗯEEᑎ ᑌᔕ." The blue man states, before flexing his quaisi-real arms. "I ᒪOOK ᖴOᖇᗯᗩᖇᗪ TO ᗯOᖇKIᑎG ᗯITᕼ ᗩᒪᒪ 2,412 Oᖴ YOᑌ."
No big rush, Miracle! You take your time. I'm happy for the chance to experience multi-dimensional hijinks! :D

Edit: I've been thinking about what you've said way back for awhile, and I've decided you're right about him lacking some int. Because I feel it fits his attitude, I've added the 3 ranks in presence to Intellect, making it 5. Not a super genius, but he's smarter then the average man.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."