M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay, sorry about vanishing like that, but I had some commissions that needed to be finished. I'll re-inform everyone in the IC threads, but in case you see this first have a HP for your patience.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

No worries. RL comes first, and almost everyone must capitulate to it from time to time.

I don't think we broke anything. Bent maybe, but not broken.

Onwards!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:43 am No worries. RL comes first, and almost everyone must capitulate to it from time to time.

I don't think we broke anything. Bent maybe, but not broken.

Onwards!
I love HOW I currently support myself, I just hate when it gets in the way of gaming.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I have this Lucy MaryAnn and Ginger joke rolling around in my head for Rose but damn it's just not a thing Nameer would say :lol:
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

As an FYI today is going to be another long one at the office, I'll have a post up tonight, or Verdejo will tag along to our secret HQ for the tour.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Just because ... http://limbero.org/jl8/1
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:16 am Just because ... http://limbero.org/jl8/1
Ha!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, gonna let the others get a word in edgewise before we play out the whole race to the room.

Though, that does make me question is there even is a "biggest room". On a utilitarian level, it makes no real sense to have some bed quarters larger than others unless for a specific reason. (Not that Emily would actually KNOW that, she's just competitive and Johnny sparked it challenging them, if not directly, by racing off to claim the room that may or may not be bigger, even by so much as a single square foot lol :P)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I had a feeling the rooms were most likely equal in size xD

I think the plan was to scope out the swamp then "not" attend sick party. Seems like packing a bit much into one evening, but I am pretty sure they are darn well gonna try. :P
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Yea, swamp first then try (emphasis on try since superheroes and commitment, we all know how that goes) to hurry back to the party sounds good to me.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So you're planning on going to the big party covered in swamp muck and monster guts? I'm sure that will impress the ladies... ;)

Too bad Rose is in the other group. "OOOH! Swamp monster!"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:23 pm So you're planning on going to the big party covered in swamp muck and monster guts? I'm sure that will impress the ladies... ;)

Too bad Rose is in the other group. "OOOH! Swamp monster!"
Hey, it will most definitely leave a lasting impression. :P
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:23 pm Too bad Rose is in the other group. "OOOH! Swamp monster!"
Yeah .... somehow I'm sure HH has got Rose covered. Your playing up the Curiosity Complication with a fervor ;)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:22 am
pathfinderq1 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:23 pm Too bad Rose is in the other group. "OOOH! Swamp monster!"
Yeah .... somehow I'm sure HH has got Rose covered. Your playing up the Curiosity Complication with a fervor ;)
Curiosity? It's a bit more like instantaneous obsession, but it makes Rose fun to have around.

Honestly I'm learning quite a bit about the various characters as things progress and only a couple are turning out how I initially envisioned them.

Rose is way more manic and fey than I'd anticipated. D'an has far less experience with the surface world. Nameer is far more aggressive and...angry (I guess), lashing out at people randomly then reeling himself back in. Jakson is actually the most "normal" and I'd expected him to be a bit withdrawn. I really have no grasp on Tobin, but he's had few postings thus far, so that makes sense.

Honestly, only Verdejo, Ronan and Emily match what I'd thought the characters might be like, though Johnny is pretty close.

From what I've seen though I'm really glad the groups ended split in the manner they did. Each has a very unique vibe from the other which will hopefully become even more pronounced as things progress. I definitely want the schools to feel very different from each other and the differences in the PC's personalities and group dynamics is a key component of that.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Angry? I hope not. Aggressive ... yeah I can see that (though the shoulder bump did seem blown out of proportion :))

I originally pictured Nameer more passive as a dichotomy to his "tiger" nature, but with Rose being Rose, and Tobin and Varejo (sp) playing the self discovery route (and knowing Hawk (and Hawk knowing my) playing style), I thought a more assertive personality was called for in the group. If it's come across too strong then I need to dial it back a bit, because angry is definitely not the target. :|