M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Syncretik

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

Post by Syncretik »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:01 pm Okay, so are we retconning that we went back to the school to get a boat to find a swamp monster before the party later tonight? It feels like we (New Chapel) are stalled.
Horsenhero wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:47 am >New Chapel...sorry, I thought your plan was to return to campus and get checked out on the air boat, but if you want to hold off until after the party...that's fine with me.
I don't think there's a need to retconn it, just pause it for a sec. Emily needs to decide whether or not to take Ronan's offer, or whether to press him for a third option; and then set up the scan. We can decide what to do with the rest of the day at the base pr the school, and investigating potential boat-borrowing options may as well be done now, even if we put of the expedition 'til the next day.

Speaking of the "scan", I was assuming that it would take some time (the amount conveniently adjusted to which route we decided to take; minutes/hours/overnight), and then we'd all review the date - via Perception checks or what have you - and decide what to do from there. Is this accurate?

Of course, as Flyn suggested, we don't actually have to stick together. Having to peace-out of the party at an...inconvenient moment to dig Johnny out of some quicksand could be entertaining :P
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Syncretik wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:46 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:01 pm Okay, so are we retconning that we went back to the school to get a boat to find a swamp monster before the party later tonight? It feels like we (New Chapel) are stalled.
Horsenhero wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:47 am >New Chapel...sorry, I thought your plan was to return to campus and get checked out on the air boat, but if you want to hold off until after the party...that's fine with me.
Yeah when you asked this.
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:18 am
So, is the plan to go out and meet the girls or go monster hunting on the first night? I only ask, so I can do a little fast forward once everyone is done here.
Three people responded.
EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:18 am I had a feeling the rooms were most likely equal in size xD

I think the plan was to scope out the swamp then "not" attend sick party. Seems like packing a bit much into one evening, but I am pretty sure they are darn well gonna try. :P
McGuffin wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:22 am Yea, swamp first then try (emphasis on try since superheroes and commitment, we all know how that goes) to hurry back to the party sounds good to me.
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:11 am [Johnny is expecting to do both. Swamp Monster first.... It should take maybe 10 minutes tops.]
I found this new development mentally jarring. I'll roll with it as needed, but this seems like an abrupt change.

Perhaps I was mistaken.
"Something pithy this way comes."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Lol. Oh yeah I just had to drop the Assessment Advantage *shrug* ah well more room for growth :)

Okay let's make do with (supposed) common sense. Is there a way to ballpark guess the ages of the Ice villains? i.e. adults or youths similar to us?

Note: am I correct in each hero has 3HP due to our benevolent GM generosity?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynn, that was all before Ronan made a perfectly logical suggestion about Emily tinkering with the HQ computers to try and do a search thing. Emily is all for not trudging aimlessly in a swamp with nothing more than "swamp monster" to go off of for details, so Ronan's suggestion swayed Emily's stance on Johnny's plan to go into a swamp before going to a party (really, she wasn't jazzed about a swamp, but for a lack of a better suggestion she was willing to go along, gotta keep the boys out of trouble after all, but Ronan's suggestion makes more logical sense to her. The "better suggestion" she didn't come up with.)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

New Chapel Stuff-

Well, regardless of what people meant, the NC thread was rapidly spinning out of control with edited and deleted posts, so I backed us up just a little to get a firm grasp on what everyone is planning to do. I also clarified some things as far as the HQ goes.

Because it has become kind of obvious the Ravensport and New Chapel teams have different needs, I now have split it so each team has their own HQ listed. They each cost the same number of points, but have some differences in the features.

Now I'm going to slow things down a touch and make sure I know what everyones' plan is before proceeding.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Dazed limits Verdejo to 1 Standard action a round, however it only persists for the round after an Extended Teleport, so switching my Array from Teleport to anything else is a Free Action, but since Dazed, I need to use my one Standard Action, so I am clear on that. Does the Surprise round mean that my Vulnerable condition drops once my next Action rolls around?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:25 am**There are no super sensors or the like among the bases' features. The features listed in the first post will give a pretty good idea of what's available**
Quick question, with the HQ having no sensors, what does that mean exactly for the technology roll i made earlier? Just so I know what Emily DID exactly :P

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:25 amIt also seems to me there's a whole lot of energy being devoted to truncating Johnny's actions going on, so if there's some sort of underlying problem with the way Johnny's character is being portrayed let's get it out in the open now.
As for how Johnny is being portrayed, I have no actual problem with it. He's exuberant, impulsive and really just very teenager like. Emily just doesn't want to go to a swamp before a party, so pounced on Ronan's clever suggestion (Emily only has an average intelligence after all, which is why she didn't come up with something herself, but because she respects the concept of unity within a team was willing to go along to the swamp for team solidarity and to look after the others. If she'd stayed behind and they got hurt, she'd be devastated). She also isn't too sure about cramming a swamp expedition and a party into the same evening and between the two, would rather go to the party than the swamp since both seems to be asking a lot on a school night.

So, long story short, Johnny just has a bit of a flawed personality that is seeing some push-back, but it's just group dynamic, not an actual problem on a player level, for me anyways. Just something for the group to develop on. I'm sure the other characters will have personality flaws that get redressed over time, like Emily's temper or D'an's inexperience.
Syncretik wrote:Emily needs to decide whether or not to take Ronan's offer, or whether to press him for a third option; and then set up the scan.
As soon as I get an answer for my question to Horsen above, I'll make sure to answer Ronan as well in the post. Developing some kind of transport system for her arm is something she's probably going to end up looking into. Maybe something I pay for with earned PP but developed by Ronan? :P We shall see
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Just asking if this helps?
HH posted earlier
" ... so, a Technology roll to allow the HQ to tap into surveillance satellites will be necessary."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:51 am
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:25 am**There are no super sensors or the like among the bases' features. The features listed in the first post will give a pretty good idea of what's available**
Quick question, with the HQ having no sensors, what does that mean exactly for the technology roll i made earlier? Just so I know what Emily DID exactly :P

Amusingly Starguard posted the quote of what I mentioned was necessary. Emily used the HQ communications array to tap into surveillance satellites. Since said satellites are not in geosynchronous orbit there are still gaps and "blind spots" in what she's able to accomplish as far as finding any potential swamp monsters, but it's better than nothing.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Zero Prime wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:35 am Dazed limits Verdejo to 1 Standard action a round, however it only persists for the round after an Extended Teleport, so switching my Array from Teleport to anything else is a Free Action, but since Dazed, I need to use my one Standard Action, so I am clear on that. Does the Surprise round mean that my Vulnerable condition drops once my next Action rolls around?

The villains aren't looking for a team of heroes to appear on top of a parking garage, so yes, you could easily wait the single round for Vulcan's Dazed condition to right itself (it only lasts one round) before revealing yourselves. Presto! is a different story. Her powers have a "magic" descriptor and Coldspell has magical awareness, extended, accurate as a mental sense, so teleporting into the area caught her interest. Presto!'s big advantage right now is she teleported into the crowd and she's a smaller person so the press of bodies is helping to conceal her.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 pm

Amusingly Starguard posted the quote of what I mentioned was necessary. Emily used the HQ communications array to tap into surveillance satellites. Since said satellites are not in geosynchronous orbit there are still gaps and "blind spots" in what she's able to accomplish as far as finding any potential swamp monsters, but it's better than nothing.
So it sounds like someone would have to be monitoring it, at least while the satellites are in a useful position, or it could be recording and reviewed later on. Sound about right?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 pm

So it sounds like someone would have to be monitoring it, at least while the satellites are in a useful position, or it could be recording and reviewed later on. Sound about right?
Yes. The HQ computer could record the satellite feed for later analysis or somebody can hang out and wait for the satellite to pass over so they can see what's out there in real time.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I am canadian and have gone to three different high schools between grade 7 and 12. Never encountered a locker room with a shower, nor a school that has assigned gym lockers where a locker room shower would be located, so it really didn't occur to me that you meant to stash clothing in gym lockers rather than personal lockers. Since gym lockers in my experienced are not assigned and are used by whatever class if having gym at the time, having one locked with the stashed clothes would be pretty obvious.

Shame no one opted to live on campus. Easier to stash stuff in a dorm room and use the dorm facilities.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I just want to check to know one way or the other is N'sekt going to be part of this action scene?

Five stories is pretty high up.

I had a plan but it is going to require Vulcan to use a HP unless he wants to trust his Toughness (which is actually not a bad thought) otherwise I'd just suggest he use that nice energy attack but like I said five stories seems pretty high.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

5 stories, depending on the building type, can be around 60 to 100 feet if I'm not mistaken (depending on wiring and ventilation systems between floors and usually 10-12 foot ceiling clearance) So, pretty high in reality. In comic books? Totally survivable.