OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Roll Call please]

Post by StarGuard »

Zero Prime wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:54 am Sorry for my long silence, a combination of probably overstating my availability for games, plus the lack of interaction with the other players somewhat hampered my focus ... I apologize for any delay my absence may have caused. As I got into character, I realized that it was not working out how I had originally intended.

As such it may be best if I withdraw ... again my apologies.
No apologies needed on your part. I am the one who has been distracted by irl issues. I liked your character and play style so you will be missed but I totally understand.

As mentioned earlier I will wait til Wednesday to see what direction I need to take to reboot the game with original players and add as I can handle from there. Depending if Jaguar is till with us Miss America might be the only "founding member" so recruitment is a likely scenario. 8-)
StarGuard

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Recruiting]

Post by StarGuard »

Okay so the only confirmed players still in are ...

Captain Chaos: Miss America
EpicEclipse: new character pending

Todosker and Hero4Hire unresponsive I'm opening the game up to submissions for the reboot. I'll forgo the individual opening scenes. Hopefully this will help keep momentum up when there are lulls.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

New character pending is already in your inbox. Just waiting on a reply if there are any concerns. I can make changes or try another pitch.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Please consider my original submission for the recruiting.. I recall you liked it some no?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

I missed the window but I'm still down.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Camus wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm Please consider my original submission for the recruiting.. I recall you liked it some no?
It wouldn't be competing with Hildr as a warrior type any more.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

T0DOSKER wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 pm I missed the window but I'm still down.
You're good ;)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Hm, I really want to get back into the swing of things, so, I present:

Background
Jonathan Pangborn was rendered paraplegic following an accident at a factory that he had worked at and consulted Stephen Strange, only to be told that his injury was inoperable. Pangborn took physical therapy and eventually made his way to Kamar-Taj in Kathmandu, Nepal, where he was taught to use magic by the Ancient One. He later left Kamar-Taj as he had wanted nothing more than to use his abilities to walk again.

Except, that's not entirely true.

Pangborn began to use his abilities in secret to help others. He protected his neighborhood from incursions from the dark realms in the stereotypical "what they don't know doesn't hurt them" way. His front of fear of being a sorcerer and using his powers only to heal himself was nothing more than that... a front.

Some months after his return to America, he was confronted by Karl Mordo. He attempted to maintain the ruse that he used his power only to walk, and attacked Mordo with a crowbar but was defeated. He used his power to feign helplessness and Mordo left, believing that he had stripped Pangborn of his power.

Pangborn then sought out aid, knowing that he had stepped into a larger playing field and that fighting alone would only see him killed. Or worse... He is aware of the lengths Strange went to defeat Dormammu and hopes he never has to go that far...

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 0,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 3,
Presence 3

Powers
Mystic Spells: (23 points)
Mystic Blast: Damage 10 [Ranged]
Alt: Ghost Hands: Move Object 9 [Precise, Subtle]
Alt: Teleportation: teleport 3 [Accurate, Easy, Extended (8 miles), Portal; Standard Action; Changed Direction, Change Velocity]
Alt: Mystic Bindings: Affliction 10 [Resisted/ Overcome by Will: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobile; Ranged, Extra Condition; Limited Degree]
Secondary Powers: (34 points)
Shields: Create 10 [Move Action, Movable; Limited - Toughness only, Close Range],
Mystic Awareness: Senses 3 [Analytical, Radius],
Perfect Timing: Feature 1 [Once per adventure, display an uncanny knack for being at the right place at the right time.],
Lucky Escape: Immortality 1 [Limited to Circumstances of Plausible Survival],
Levitation: Flight 4
Alt: Invisibility: Concealment 10 [All Senses; Passive, Resistible; Precise]
Power Stunts: (0 points)
Healing Hand: Healing 4 [Energizing, Restorative; Persistent, Stabalize],
Protective Aura: Immunity 7 [Cold, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum, All Suffocation],
Mystic Constructs: Create 5 [Continuous; Innate, Precise, Subtle]

Equipment

Advantages
Artificer, Ritualist,
Equipment 3,
Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics (+0),
Deception 0 (+6),
Expertise: Magic 7 (+9),
Insight 2 (+5),
Intimidation (+3),
Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+3),
Sleight of Hand 1 (+7),
Stealth (+0)

Offense
Initiative +0
Mystic Blast +6, Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 4,
Parry 6
Toughness 0 (Def Roll 0), (Shields - Move Action, Create, Toughness 10)
Fortitude 6,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 57 + Advantages 8 + Skills 6 + Defenses 19 = Total 120

Design Notes
:arrow: Wanted to do something with Starguard's house rules for his MCU game...
:arrow: Presence Skill bonus went to Deception, Dexterity Skill bonus went to sleight of hand.
:arrow: This is Jonathon Pangborn, or Johnathon as he refers to himself. As in the paraplegic from Dr Strange who uses magic to heal himself. Except he's more than that... The movie suggests he uses his magic to heal himself and nothing more. In this version, guiding Strange to Tibet was not coincidence... and that's the least of what he does for others...
:arrow: This is a simple mystic build, with lots of versatility, and room to stunt off his array...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

A quick note on niche protection. I do not worry about niche as much as others I might say as long as the characters have distinctively different motivations personalities that make the characters unique.

That said I would not expect to see five Captain Americas or Hulks :) taken but a couple of each wouldn't phase me a bit.

I have to say I'm kind of shocked I haven't seen a high-tech battlesuit type of submission. Don't take that as a request to see one I'm just surprised one hasn't shown up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Pardon me if I'm intruding or anything. Is this game re-recruiting openly, or is it closed to a few?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I'm looking at adding three to four spots to the original three (with EE getting permission to swap his character)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I am considering a gadgeteer and/or battlesuit type. Would someone working from or inspired by leftover Chitauri tech (similar, if not in outlook, to the Vulture and his crew in Spiderman Homecoming) be a viable idea?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:33 am I'm looking at adding three to four spots to the original three (with EE getting permission to swap his character)
Just so people know what I am submitting as new characters (Just waiting on feedback before actually posting either of them), one is a combat medic type support hero, can heal allies and lock down single enemies fairly well, whittling them down, and the other is an espionage spy type of character. A little bit martial artist in execution, but with some Splinter Cell/Solid Snake type super spy stuff..
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Just try to keep up with me now!"
PL 8
Name/Codename: Marcello Trentini / Velox
Height + Weight: 5'5 ; 150 lbs. | 7'0" ; 250 lbs
Ethnicity/Nationality: Italian American
Distinguishing Characteristics out of his armor: Wild hair and full stubble, wheelchair-bound.
Languages: English, Italian, Latin

Complications
Motivaction: Recognition Marc wants the public to see and know him as a genius hero in the same vein of Tony Stark. In private however, what he really desires is for his childhood hero to see him as an equal peer.

Unstable technology The Velocity Drive in his power-suit employs a highly experimental process that should be generations beyond what humanity is capable of. Despite having invented it, even Marc doesn't fully understand how it works. The risks are increased once he engages Turbo Mode, and there have been times when it would malfunction or perform in an entirely unexpected way.

Illegal AI He knew the risks in trying to follow in the footsteps of Stark by programming his own Artificial Intelligence, but the benefits far outweighed the costs in his own mind. Rachele, the intelligence he created, is meant to act as his co-pilot and help pick up the slack where his human mind has trouble keeping up with speeds he can achieve. And in the time since he created her, they've both grown to consider each-other close friends as well as partners. When he discovered that the creation of an Artificial Intelligence was outlawed in The Sokovia Accords, they both agreed it was best to keep her existence secret.

Stubborn When the chips are down and things look grim, Marc refused to back down even when his defeat is inevitable. He's never let it stop him before, and he won't let it hold him back now.

Paraplegic In the Hyper-Suit Marc can hop skip and jump as much as he want, but that's only though the use of a neural interface helping him control the servo motors of his armor. Without it, Marc has to face the realization that ever since his injury he has has been left paralyzed from the waist down. If something catastrophic happens and he looses the ability to control the legs of his suit, then he'd be left crawling for his life.

-------------------------------------
Biography:
He was there with his family watching the news when Tony Stark revealed to the world who he really was. Right then and there things for clicked for Marc Trentinni, and sparked within him a desire to become great just like the man on the screen. He had always been an ingenious and gifted child, his parents indulging him by purchasing robotics kits at the store for him to piece together. All he needed was the right motivation to kick things off for real.

There was never an exact plan in his mind at the start about what he wanted to create or how he was to do it with what limited resources he had. If the great man could make the finest piece of engineering from within a cave however then he knew he could do something even better with own basement. Something extraordinary, something that would get him the attention he knew he deserved.

Visits to the local scrap-heap were a frequent weekend pastime for him, remaining in there for hours in order to scrounge up just a few traces of some special mineral or a rare material component. And it was by a sheer stroke of luck that he finally happened across something that just might work after modifying an old RC car so it could accelerate to almost 200 MPH. He called it the Velocity Drive.

It was always only just on the edge of his understanding the more he worked with his experimental device, the physics behind everything even making his head hurt the longer he thought about it. There were many accidents of terrifying and catastrophic proportions in his earliest models, one of which cost the family a car with it suddenly blinking out of existence. Every instinct told him that he should stop before he got hurt, but stubbornness won out and he continued to develop it late into his teenage years.

It was then he had the idea to incorporate it into a suit similar to the one his hero wore, become a genius hero of speed and precision. But during his first trial run he lost control, his mind incapable of keeping up with the speeds he was undergoing which caused him to twist on a runway and tumble hundreds of meters. That accident cost him the use of his legs and his parents told him he should stop then and there. He refused to listen.

What he needed was a computer advanced enough to anticipate and adjust his movements while using the suit. Something that would be capable of learning and understanding what he wanted to do before he could even do it. And taking inspiration from the recent Age of Ultron, he had just the solution. An artificially intelligent being to act as his co-pilot.

Rachele was created after a year of intense study and programming, and she was everything he had hoped for and more. Together the two of them designed and built a new set of power-armor, which they hereby dubbed the Hyper-Suit. With her at his side subtly directing his movements, he no longer had to worry about his mind being too slow to catch up with the speeds he could achieve.

After entitling themselves as Velox, the two rocketed into the super-hero scene in an effort to prove their worth to the world at large!
-------------------------------------

Abilities: 0+2+2+4+4+16+4+4= 32
Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 1, Dexterity 2
Fighting 2, Intellect 8, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages 5
Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Ultimate Effort (Technology), Well-Informed, Languages 1(Italian, Latin), Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 5 , Move-By-Action Favored opponent(Previously Assessed), Uncanny Dodge

Skills 15(30)
Expertise: Science 7(+15), Perception 8(+10), Investigation 2 (+10), Insight 6(+8), Technology 7(+15), Vehicles 2(+4), Persuasion 2(+4)

Powers 52

Removable power armor: (42+22)-12= 52
-Hyper-Suit: 10+7+4+21=42
..Sealed Environment : Immunity 10 (Life Support) 10
..Titanium Plating: Protection 7 7
..Sensory Array: Senses 4 (Rapid 2(Vision), Radio sense (Ranged, Radius, Acute), Distance Sense 4
..Sapient Combat Computer(Rachele): Enhanced Advantage 10 (Agile Feint, Assessment, Close Attack 5 , Move-By-Action Favored opponent(Previously Assessed), Uncanny Dodge), Enhanced Defense 10 (Dodge 5, Parry 5), Feature 1(Intelligent AI) 21

-Velocity Drive: 4+15+3=22
..Dang Fast! Speed 4(500 ft. per round / 30 mph) 4
..Turbo Mode: Super Speed 5(2 Miles per round / 1,000 mph) 15
....Full Velocity Blow!: Strength-Based Penetrating 6 Damage(Momentum) 9 1 (15/15)
....Machine Gun Blows: Strength-Based Accurate 1 Multiattack 7 Damage 7 1 (15/15)
....Sonic Boom: Affliction 9 (Toughness(Alternate Resistance); Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) 1 (9/15)

-Marc has a base speed rank of 4 using his suit, which represents his "safe" range of movement. Turbo-mode represents him pushing his device into experimental and potencially dangerous limits, adding onto his base speed rank using Super-Speed.

Offense
Initiative: +17
Unarmed: +7, DC 15
Full Velocity Blow!: +7 DC 24, Momentum, Penetrating 6
Machine Gun Blows!: +9 DC 22, Momentum, Multiattack 7
Sonic Boom: +7 DC 19 Fort (Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)

Defense 1+1+5+8=15
Dodge 1+5 (+8), Parry 1+5 (+8), Fortitude 5 (+6), Toughness 7 (+8), Will 8 (+10)

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 52 + Advantages 6 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 120/120

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

First, I gotta say your speedster is actually interesting. Giving context, I hate speedsters because they are always so samey, but this guy is actually interesting. I know my praise isn't the goal here, but all the same, bravo.

Second, removable isn't applied to powers individually as you seem to have done. You add all the power totals in the device together to determine what removable returns.

So your total powers cost 59, which depending on whether you are using the rules as written or not (StarGuard did not previously house rule it when it was pointed out to me I had been costing Hildr's spear incorrectly, so safe assumption is he is using the book's written rules), removable should be refunding 12 points total for an end cost of 48, or if you do it against the book as written, then it returned 11 for an end cost of 49. Either way, still costs less than you gave it. You got some extra points to spend.