Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Elysius

Post by Jabroniville »

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO 1970s I LOVE IT.

Aaaaaaaaand we're in the '90s, I see...

ELYSIUS
Created By:
Doug Moench & Pat Broderick
First Appearance: Captain Marvel #59 (Nov. 1978)
Role: Bad Girl Turned Good
Group Affiliations: The Titanian Eternals
PL 7 (139)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (History) 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)
Technology 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Diehard, Great Endurance, Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Eternal Physiology"
Immunity 7 (Disease, Poison, Aging, Drowning, Pressure, Cold, Heat) [7]
Immortality 6 (Flaws: Must Maintain Mental Control of Her Molecules- Can Be Dispersed Too Far) [6]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [6]
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

"Eternal Powers"
"Transmutation" Transform (Anything to Anything Else) 4 (20) -- [25]
  • AE: Cosmic Blast 6 (Feats: Split) (13)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 6 (12)
  • AE: Mind-Reading 2 (4)
  • AE: "Unpleasant Teleportation" Teleportation 8 (Flaws: Distracting) (8)
  • AE: Force Field 0 (Extras: Affects Others 6) (6)
"Transmute Others" Affliction 2 (Fort; Entranced/Disabled/Transformed) (Extras: Ranged, Continuous +3) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Cosmic Blast +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Transmutation +6 (+2 Ranged Affliction, DC 12)
Transmute +6 (+2 Ranged Affliction, DC 12)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Titanian Eternals)
Relationship (Mar-Vell)- She later has his test-tube babies. And they're aged to adulthood. Because comics.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 6--3 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 3 (139)

-Elysius is an artificial being created by ISAAC to allow the evil computer to take over Titan. Eventually, she did the classic "Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter" thing and betrayed him to the heroes- Captain Mar-Vell & Drax the Destroyer. She then hooked up with Mar-Vell, and later stayed by his side while he was claimed by cancer. This could have been it, but she ended up going all weird and having babies with Mar-Vell's "genetic material", then SUPER-AGING them for some reason, which is COMPLETELY INSANE and a bizarre trope that pretty much only exists because writers both love the "Long-Lost Child" trope, but never plan ahead and have the hero with children in the FIRST place, nor do they ever want the hero to be that old. So they have these babies, and then the babies are SUPER-AGED to adulthood so that we can have this powerful adult character around. It's SO WEIRD and yet SO COMMON. It's one of the few "Not Ever" edicts I think I would issue were I to be made Editor-In-Chief of a comic book company (along with "Never hire Rob Liefeld again" and "Anyone who suggests creating another Symbiote-based character will be drawn and quartered").

-Physically, she's no different from any other Titanian Eternal. At one point, she wielded one of ISAAC's weapons- a Blaster that could also dissolve Force Fields.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Starfox

Post by Jabroniville »

"Slippy's been hit!"

STARFOX (Eros)
Created By:
Mike Friedrich & Jim Starlin
First Appearance: Iron Man #55 (Feb. 1973)
Role: Man-Whore of the Stars
Group Affiliations: The Avengers, The Titanian Eternals
Avengers Grade: D-Level
PL 10 (200)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 3 (+8, +10 Attractive)
Expertise (History) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+5)
Expertise (Intergalactic Man-Whore) 8 (+10)
Insight 4 (+7)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+9, +11 Attractive)
Ranged Combat (Cosmic Blasts) 4 (+10)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Attractive, Diehard, Great Endurance, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Eternal Physiology"
Immunity 7 (Disease, Poison, Aging, Drowning, Pressure, Cold, Heat) [7]
Immortality 6 (Flaws: Must Maintain Mental Control of Their Molecules- Can Be Dispersed Too Far) [6]
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [6]

"Super-Polyglot" Comprehend (Languages) [4]

"Matter Manipulation" Transform Anything to Anything 7 (100 lbs.) (Quirks: Cannot Use as Attack -2) (33) -- [35]
  • AE: "Psionic Stimulation of Pleasure Centres" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Sustained +2) (Flaws: Vision-Dependent) (30)
  • AE: "Ranged Stimulation" Affliction 10 (Will; Dazed/Compelled) (Extras: Cumulative, Perception Range +2) (Flaws: Hearing-Dependent, Limited Degree) (20)
"Transmute Others" Affliction 2 (Fort; Entranced/Disabled/Transformed) (Extras: Ranged, Continuous +3) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Pleasure-Stimulation -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Cosmic Blasts +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Titanian Eternals)
Motivation (Thrills, Romance & Wanderlust)- Eros is obsessed with searching the galaxy for new romance, pleasure and excitement. An adventurer through-and-through. And by adventurer I mean Man-Whore.
Reputation (Cad)- Eros' powers of persuasion can often lead to uncomfortable situations, and questions regarding the consensual nature of his sexual conquests.
Enemy (Brother, Thanos)- Eros is the brother of The Mad Titan, Thanos, one of the truest scourges of the entire universe.
Responsibility ("The Truce")- Eros and Thanos must meet once per year, with no hostilities, to discuss personal matters. Their father, Mentor, has commanded it.
Power Loss (Pleasure Control)- Eros cannot use his powers on his brother Thanos. He also needs to be able to speak to utilize it, and cannot use it on beings without pleasure centres.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 48--24 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 80 / Defenses: 16 (200)

Starfox- Starlin's Iron Man Run is Kinda Weird:
-Jim Starlin's run on Iron Man looks SO WEIRD in retrospect. I mean, here is where you saw the debuts of Moondragon, Starfox, the Titanian Eternals, and mother****ing THANOS of all people, yet to this day, not a person associates any of them with Iron Man in any way, shape or form. More or less, this basically means that Starlin had an entire world created, and simply used the one book he was working on to delve into ALL of it, despite all of these guys being far better fits for The Fantastic Four, Inhumans or Silver Surfer. Hell, imagine of Starlin had been writing SPIDER-MAN at this time. Can you imagine Spidey vs. Thanos in a huge event (well there was that sweet one-shot in the '90s)? Oddly, Mike Friedrich was the writer during all of this, but Starlin appeared to be the true co-ordinator.

-Personally I HATED the guy at first, mainly because he looked stupid (what's with that hair? It's like a wussier version of Wolverine's! ... Okay, so he had it first, but I didn't know that at twelve), and because he dared be the lame brother of THANOS, who I thought was a totally awesome villain. His goofy powers and lack of focus in comics didn't help any. It wasn't until I read the Death of Captain Marvel when I finally understood him a bit, as he was GREAT a man losing his greatest friend in the world. Nowadays though, he's just a cad again, which creates some issues in comics.

The History of Eros:
-Starfox grew up on Titan, and was one of the survivors or Thanos's onslaught (in which their mother died), where he later allied with Mar-Vell, Iron Man and Moondragon against the villain, causing the first defeat of Thanos. When his best friend (Mar-Vell) died, the wanderlust Eros joined The Avengers and became "Starfox", proving himself over several conflicts against people like Annihilus, The Wizard, Maelstrom, Terminus, Nebula and others, growing to become a solid part of the early '80s era team. And he developed emotion-effecting powers, which Starlin had never shown.

-However, after this, Roger Stern, the writer of that version of the team, replaced him with other characters, and he didn't team up with the Avengers a whole lot more- he's not kind of an odd "relic" of the team's "Pre-Stern Era", as Roger was on that book a LONG time, and then dark tidings were afoot in the '90s. There were bits where he DID help out (Operation: Galactic Storm, Avengers Infinity), but largely he vanished from the history of the book. He was a narrator of sorts during The Infinity Gauntlet, but didn't really get up to much- he was really just our eyes and ears while Thanos pontificated about the universe and love and stuff, while a mute Starfox (Thanos removed his mouth) could only look on in horror. After that, Starfox more or less disappears from mainstream comics, only appearing in the Stern-written Avengers Infinity Limited Series, often palling around with Tigra (who later leaves for Earth once more).

Modern Eros:
-An uncomfortable situation arose the more people thought about Eros using his Emotion Manipulation powers, considering that he is also a notorious philanderer- a situation the She-Hulk book laughably excused because of Thanos' manipulations and assorted nonsense, in only the way a deliberately-goofy book like that one could be. So basically, he sorta DID use his powers to make people fall in love with other people, but it wasn't actually his fault. Because it's kinda gross to think about the alternative, especially in a "good guy". Sorta reminds me of the debate I had with my Pagan/Wiccan friend who was all obsessed with spells and junk, where I pointed out that his "Luck Spell" or "Lust Spell" in dealing with a girl he liked would actually make him a RAPIST if they actually held real power (spoiler alert: They didn't).

-Lately, he appeared in a short Avengers thing dealing with the Half-Robotic Ultron (Hank Pym merged with his creation/"Son")- his powers were instrumental in defeating Ultron, taking advantage of his human half to give him an emotional breakdown.

The Power of Eros:
-Starfox has a very powerful Emotion Controlling type of power, with a ton of Extras attached to it, making him very powerful in that respect. He's also your average PL 10 Blaster, as well as a Flyer. And yeah, like most Eternals, he's very expensive thanks to his powers being boosted by Flight, Regeneration, high Physical Abilities and all sorts of other extras.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Ikaris! Thena! Makkari! Ajak! Sersi! Starfox!)

Post by Jabroniville »

For the record, I'm not re-posting Thanos this time around- it's a bit too much work and he doesn't really interact with the Titanians any longer. I'll save him for next time I do Cosmic Builds or something.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Well, Eros doesn't have a crappy version of Wolverine's hair, he had the same hair as Quicksilver or Son of Satan initially and since his unmasked look pre-dates Logan's unmasked look, I'd say Wolverine has a more acid-trip version of Eros' hair.

With that out of the way, I've got to say it's a little weird what writers have done with his "love" powers. He never displayed anything like them when Starlin was writing him. those powers were only added after he joined the Avengers (to give him a unique shtick, I imagine) and they were pretty low-level to start. They failed to affect Captain America during a training exercise because Cap was already having fun. As time went on writers began to make them more insidious to give the character a rapey vibe for some reason. The powers went from low-level to pretty high level and from conscious use to "on all the time", which makes all the previous instances of Eros "actively" using his powers to end a conflict look pretty stupid in retrospect.

He went from being a sidekick powerhouse with an odd choice of names (he never got up to a whole lot of womanizing when adventuring with Mar-vell) to an ethical lothario to borderline sex offender all because writers couldn't avoid putting the "creep" in power creep.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I was rereading issues 1-3 of the Busiek-Perez run of Avengers recently, and I noted, near the end that Sersi couldn't repair the Vision after he'd been blasted by Morgan le Fey. She could "cauterise" his wounds. Basically, she said she didn't know what parts were needed so she couldn't do it.

Although it does make me wonder about the time when Gilgamesh left the Avengers after being injured. Couldn't he find Sersi and have her transmute his wounded body parts into healthy body parts?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

The Deviants

Post by Jabroniville »

THE DEVIANTS
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Eternals #1 (July 1976)
Role: Monster Race of Arseholes
Group Affiliations: The Deviants
PL 4 (37)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills: 
Expertise (History) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Cosmic Blast +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Transmute +10 (+2 Ranged Affliction, DC 12)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +0

Complications: 
Responsibility (The Deviants)
Enemy (The Eternals)
Responsibility (The Dreaming Celestial)- Deviants worship the Celestial that sits motionless on Earth ("He Who Sleeps in Darkness").

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (37)

-The Deviants are uglier, dumber, and less powerful than the beautiful Eternals, thus making their entire Race War look like an absolute one-sided ass-kicking. The only thing keeping it remotely close, I'd imagine, woudl be the Deviants' higher birth rate- they are pretty much always numerous, while Eternals typically only produce one or two children during their centuries of life. Deviants are trained as fighters, but are generally a race of Mooks- each one has a unique mutation that gives it either a more-disgusting appearance, or a special power. Some Deviants are absolute giants (a few of The Mole Man's Monsters are in fact Deviants), but most never really matter to the stories. Despite their silly appearances, their society is incredibly advanced, technologically-speaking, and they've created countless Death Weapons and forms of Genetic Engineering- treat the Mooks as Mooks, but some of them are EXCEPTIONALLY intelligent.

DEVIANTS:

ASSORTED GUYS:
Argos the Hunter: Pursued Ulysses Bloodstone. Wielded armour and a Cosmic Staff.
Broop: Brother Tode's jester- merged with others into a giant cube be Eternals.
Chudar: Attendant of Kro's.
Dragona: Former lover of Brother Tode- could fly and breathe fire.
General Dasrax: Part of Kro's conspiracy against the Priesthood, but was forced to shoot himself in the head by Ghaur to demonstrate his power.
Dulpus: Jerkass who allied with Kang the Conqueror when he invaded our timestream, rebelling against his own people with an army of loyalists. Warbird (Carol Danvers) challenged him when his army surrounded The Avengers, but he pussed out and used a champion (Glomm) to represent him. Glomm lost, and Dulpus was forced to step down as leader.
Ignatz: Flying steed of Ant-Man's.
Jorro: Weaponsmith and unwilling servant of Terminus.
Medula: Mother of Ransak the Reject.
Morga: Mother of Maelstrom (a big-name Quasar villain). Slain by her race for looking too human.
Queen Vira: Killed by The Eternals.
Sledge: Once-thought to be a Mutant- enhanced Blob & Mimic's powers. Associate of Risque.
Taras Vol: Scientist with Telepathy.

FORMER RULERS OF LEMURIA: 
Brother Tode: Killed by The Eternals (turning him and an entire city of people into a big cube) after leading an army against them, trying to absorb their immortality.
Ranar: Tode's son, also killed.
Sluice: Tode's advisor; disliked Kro.
Brother Visara: Killed by Deviants.
Phraug: Killed during the Great Cataclysm.

KRO'S DELTA FORCE:
*A group of guys formed by Kro to aid The Avengers. Some are earlier characters who later were revealed to be Kro's allies.
El Toro Rojo: A renegade who became a professional wrestler- Class 50-ish Strength and horns on his helmet. Bonded with an autistic little boy in Central America, and joined the Delta Force.
Enigmo: Can separate his body into 12 pieces, each of which turns into a tiny Enigmo. Fought the Black Knight and easily withstood his sword thanks to said power.
Ereshkigal: Unrelated to the Babylonian Goddess. Shapeshisfter with wings, may be millennia old. Basically did nothing but lose to Thor, but Mark Gruenwald (who else?) used her to attack Quasar's Star Brand-possessing secretary. She committed suicide after losing a contest with The Living Tribunal (Quasar had discovered that he was unintentionally on her side, and gave up).
Metabo: Four-armed and at least Strength 8. Could absorb the Eternals' Cosmic Blasts, and shoot them back out of his eyes.
Ransak the Reject: The son of Maelstrom and Medula, shunned because he looks too human. He funneled his rage into becoming a killer fighting in gladatorial arenas. Strong and tough enough to fight an Eternal in close combat (Strength/Stamina 8 I guess), and a lifetime's experience in the arenas.
Dragona: Fire breath & Wings for flight. Joined Delta Force. The sister of Ereshkigal.

THE SWORD OF DAMOCLES: 
Pyre: Fire Powers
Marcelus: Turned to Stone by The Black Queen (Selene).
Odysseus Indigo: The CEO of The Damocles Foundation. Hypnossis & Nullification of Super-Powers.
Ulysses Dragonblood: Indigo's brother; former member. Can sedate others with a touch.
Randy Lee Watson: Unknown real name- worked for the Foundation to capture a Celestial Gatherer, but was shot and killed by a guard.
Stranglehold: Super-Strength.
Veeg/Veerg: Helped some of the group (plus X-Force) invade the Foundation's headquarters for some reason.
Weller: Nobody.
Zona: Invisibility & Electric Shocks.

ASSORTED NOBODIES: 
* No real effect on stories- I just found them listed on Wikipedia.
Coal, Darg, Fascit, Finn, Frathag, Gelt, Haag, Kra, Morjak, Plokohrel, Ragar, Shelmar, Stra'an, Thunder, Tobias, Ydrisis, Zakka
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yojimbo

Re: Jab's Builds! (Shinto Gods! Ikaris! Thena! Makkari! Ajak! Sersi!)

Post by Yojimbo »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:17 pm It depends on how broad their powers are. Sersi could literally make everyone into Kree with a wave of her hands (even altering Iron Man's armor into looking like an Accuser's!), give everyone gills, or simply do whatever the plot needed in that Avengers issue featuring Alpha Flight & the People's Protectorate (force fields, Environmental changes, etc.). These were often permanent, long-lasting changes, too. It's like those bits where a GL makes something with their ring, and it just stays endlessly, even when they're not present.

That "can also change organic materials" thing is part of the kicker- it gives her an incredible amount of breadth of power.
Yeah, I guess. I just don't see any of those challenges happening to the Avengers unless Sersi is there. Like these things happen to them just to allow Sersi to show off her powers, and as long as its done in a fun, entertaining way, I don't have a problem with it.

Of course, Sersi's Avengers-era was the 90s, so "fun, entertaining" had different meanings back then. But! My point is, superheroes are pretty much never faced with a challenge they can't surmount in some fashion. It's up to the writer to make that mean something, not so much the character.
Jabroniville

Deviant Mutates

Post by Jabroniville »

MOLE MAN MONSTERS/DEVIANT MUTATES
Role:
Giant Monster
PL 11 (85)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 13 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 13 (+10, +16 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Extended Hearing) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 12 (Str & Sta +12, +12 Mass, +6 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (48 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [25]
"Thick Layer of Skin" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 11) [13]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Natural Weapons +9 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +15 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Monsters cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 4 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 41 / Defenses: 19 (85)

-The Deviants have also created many Mutates- monsters meant to do their bidding. Marvel writers retroactively made nearly all of the Giant Monsters of their past (mostly Jack Kirby-drawn one-shot adventures from the 1950s and early '60s, until that became a passe story type by about 1962) Mutates, which linked them all together. Many have since been seen as monster pets of The Mole Man.

-The Mole Man's Monsters are nearly always team-level threats, requiring the entire FF or X-Men to bring them down. Sometimes he gets caught up using more minor-league ones, so feel free to downgrade these to PL 11 or even PL 10 if you need weaker mooks- just reduce Strength (their Defensive PLs are usually rather low).

Tricephalous- PL 11 (122): "Three Heads" Enhanced Perception 4 (+4), Second Chance 2 (Mind Control- Twice), Fire Blast 10 (Feats: Accurate 5, Split 2), "Wings" Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [37]
-Debuted in FF #1- a three-headed Dragon that was later revealed to be a Mutate. His distinctive appearance made him a frequent background creature, but hasn't done much over the years.

Spore- PL 11 (165): Strength 10, "Amorphous" Immunity 40 (Bludgeoning, Slashing, Piercing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to 1/4 Effect), Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrow Limbs), Insubstantial 1, "Engulf & Absorb" Weaken Toughness 14 Linked to Snare 10 (Flaws: Touch Range), Growth +4 (Flaws: Requires Absorption) [80]
-A one-shot Wolverine foe that was beaten by Celestials, but ended up in the ground which was later used for a cocaine crop, leading to addicts being possessed by his nature. Wolverine slashed him up a bunch (which wasn't easy- check his stats here), and an ally named Sister Salvation used her Healing Touch to destroy him.

The Molten Man-Thing- PL 11 (144): Lava Aura 11, Insubstantial 1, Immunity 10 (Heat & Fire Effects) [59]
-Generic monster (from a 1960 comic- before the Silver Age of Marvel), unrelated to The Giant-Size Man-Thing. Fell back into a volcano when blasted with cold air by the story's hero (a vacationing pilot).
Grottu- PL 11 (144): INT 0, Mind Control 4 (Extras: Area- 4,000 feet +7) (Flaws: Limited to Ants -2, Touch Range -2), "Six Limbs" Extra Limbs 2, Communication (Mental) 2 [34]
-Giant Ant, killed by Ulysses Bloodstone. Later possessed Scott Lang. Naturally, another old-school Marvel Monster.

Gorgilla- PL 11 (85):
-Basically a big red King Kong rip-off, a 20-ft. Orangutan monster from the island of Borneo. It saves some humans from a Tyrannosaurus Rex (which of course... also live in Borneo, apparently). It died falling from the Statue of Liberty (okay, why rip off THE ENTIRE STORY of King Kong? Inspiration is one thing...)- but was Retconned into having been saved by Dr. Druid, and was later brainwashed into forgetting his powers and becamea window cleaner at The Baxter Building (the FF's HQ). It joined Fin Fang Foom, Elektro & Googam as part of "The Fin-Fang Four".
Megataur- PL 11 (85):
-A big one-shot Super-Minotaur that fought the FF in modern times.

Giganto- PL 12 (89): "Huge Monster" Strength-Damage +3, Protection [4]
-Giganto is the iconic huge monster on the cover of the very first issue of The Fantastic Four- he's tougher and more distinctive than most Mutates, and earns full PL 12 Status (what I used to use as the default for Mole Man Monsters). Generally a super-tough beast that takes an entire super-team to bring down (and usually he's just driven off).

Tutinax- PL 12 (136): INT 0, CHA 0, Fear-Induction" Mind Control 12 (Flaws: Limited to Fear), AE: Illusion (Visual & Hearing) 10 [51]
-A giant (though most pictures I see show him at human size. I dunno) with Class 100-ish strength and Fear-Inducing Powers & Illusions. Fought Thor once, then was brought out to fight Quasar. He nearly killed Wendell, but Ransak the Reject beat him using the distraction.

ASSORTED MUTATES:
* These guys have varied appearances and powers, and not much info exists about them, making statting them impossible.
Bandrhude: Frequently-seen Mook-type.
Brutus: Led the Deviants after Ghaur's destruction. Was killed when he was exposed as a Mutate (which he had persecuted himself).
Cataphrax: UCWF wrestler, had strength rivalling that of Ikaris. Mercy-killed by Thena after the 5th Host of Celestials injured him.
Dromedan: 12-foot Psionic with Mind Control and Telekinesis (creating tidal waves). Fought Thor, then a weird combination of The Black Panther, Thing, Professor X, Jubilee & Scott Lang.
Gigantos: Bipedal whales, used as Atlantean monsters sometimes.
Glomm: Beaten by Warbird- servant of Dulpus.
Gort: Beaten by The Hulk.
Metabo: Absorbed The Eternals' Cosmic Energy.
Minotaur: Possibly the minotaur of legend.
World-Devouring Worm: Mutated earthworm that grew huge and could suck anything into a vortex. Virako of The Eternals killed it in a suicide attack.
The Lizard-Men: An old-school one-shot foe later linked to The Deviants by Roger Stern- basically used as a race of Mooks. Some are human-sized, others are like 12 feet tall.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Karkas

Post by Jabroniville »

KARKAS
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Eternals #8 (Feb. 1977)
Role: Non-Evil Monster
PL 10 (101)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Art) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Philosophy) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 8 (+7)

Advantages:
Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Startle

Powers:
Power-Lifting 1 (400 tons) [1]
Impervious Toughness 13 [13]

"Huge Size"
Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Reach 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Olympia)
Enemy (The Deviants)
Prejudice (Monstrous)- Karkas is hideous even by the standards of The Deviants- he was outcasted and forced to fight in gladatorial arenas.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 11 (101)

-Karkas is REALLY silly-looking- his head is goofy-big, his legs are dwarf-short, and he's all red and crackly. This makes him look more goofy than impressive, which might be the point of his story, in which he was exiled from The Deviants for being TOO ugly, and forced to fight in gladatorial arenas. Big and strong, he did well, but lost to Ransak the Reject, and eventually joined The Eternals' side of things, proving himself to be naturally-intelligent and capable of learning. He's basically a big, strong adolescent with a lot of potential... but nobody wants to use a character this odd-looking, and so he never appears in comics. I mean, I know a TON about some obscure characters, and I was ready to stat up a big pile of stupid as an evil Deviant Monster, only to realize he was totally not that.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Kro

Post by Jabroniville »

WARLORD KRO
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Eternals #1 (July 1976)
Role: Good Guy Leader of Monster Race
Group Affiliations: The Deviants, Delta Network/Force
PL 9 (135)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+5)
Expertise (History) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+11)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Diehard, Equipment 3 (Deviant Weapons, UV/Infrared Glasses), Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Immunity 2 (Disease, Aging) [2]
"Shapeshifter" Morph (Any Humanoid) 3 (Flaws: Limited to Same Colour & Weight- 320 lbs. -2) [9]
Features: Heart Is In A Hidden Location On His Body [1]
Healing 6 (Flaws: Limited to Self) [6]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (The Deviants)
Secret (Immortal)- If Kro's immortality were to be discovered, he would be slaughtered by his fellow Deviants- he instead pretends to be one of a long line of identical fathers and sons.
Relationship (Thena)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 11 (135)

-Warlord Kro is a peculiar character in Eternals lore- a well-known leader of The Deviants, he is nonetheless not that evil, and is actually IN LOVE with the leader of The Eternals (Thena), with whom he's had a long-standing on-and-off relationship! He's a shapeshifter who is secretly very powerful (this would get him killed if found out), but is nonetheless often taken advantage of and chased away by his fellow Deviants, who are constantly in flux. At one point, he formed The Delta Network of other Deviants, eventually combining into "Delta Force". He's not that powerful (but like many Deviants, can use some bitchin' sci-fi Gear, like Flame Blasters, Shock Gloves, etc.), but is an adequate, super-strong warrior with centuries of experience, and a good bluffer (he's taken the form of "Satan" several times in order to sow chaos on Earth).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Kro

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 pm Image

WARLORD KRO

-Warlord Kro is a peculiar character in Eternals lore- a well-known leader of The Deviants, he is nonetheless not that evil, and is actually IN LOVE with the leader of The Eternals (Thena), with whom he's had a long-standing on-and-off relationship! He's a shapeshifter who is secretly very powerful (this would get him killed if found out), but is nonetheless often taken advantage of and chased away by his fellow Deviants, who are constantly in flux. At one point, he formed The Delta Network of other Deviants, eventually combining into "Delta Force". He's not that powerful (but like many Deviants, can use some bitchin' sci-fi Gear, like Flame Blasters, Shock Gloves, etc.), but is an adequate, super-strong warrior with centuries of experience, and a good bluffer (he's taken the form of "Satan" several times in order to sow chaos on Earth).
He's also a big fan of Nick Fury, at least according to John Ostrander ;)
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Ghaur

Post by Jabroniville »

GHAUR
Created By:
Peter B. Gillis & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: Eternals #2 (Nov. 1985)
Role: Evil Schemer
PL 10 (167)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+10)
Expertise (Politics) 5 (+10)
Insight 4 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Benefit 4 (Deviant Ruler), Eidetic Memory, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist, Well-Informed

Powers:
"May Control Any Deviant"
Mind Control 12 (Flaws: Limited to Deviants) [36]

"Brain Mines" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [21]
Affliction 12 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Cumulative, Ranged) (Diminished Range -2) (34 points)

"Deviant Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Cold, Pressure) [3]
Swimming 3 (4 mph) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Brain Mines +8 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Ghaur wishes to sacrifice Atlantis to allow the Serpent God Set to take over the world.
Power Loss (Deviant Control)- Ghaur may control the minds of any Deviant whose genetic code is known to him. Since he has an Eidetic Memory, this means every Deviant... except he does not know the code of Warlord Kro. Who is the puppet ruler of the Deviants, and could probably screw Ghaur over pretty good. Not good planning there.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 63 / Defenses: 10 (167)

-Ghaur is/was the leader of The Deviants, the evil, deformed counterparts to the beautiful, perfect Eternals of Earth- he ruled in the background while the more benevolent Kro was a figurehead monarch, and schemed his way to further power. He tried to channel the power of The Dreaming Celestial, and of course ended up discorporated for it, but somehow ended up being used as the centrepiece for the Annual-wide crossover known as "Atlantis Attacks!", in which every Annual that summer was used as a part of a massive multi-part story featuring Ghaur and Llyra form The Serpent Crown, a mystical artifact to summon the Elder God Set, who would of course be used to take over the world. Every major Atlantean character was used (Namor was thought killed in the opening salvo, but Llyra, Attuma, Tyrannus and Andromeda all made appearances, and Namor reappeared in the end to save the day along with the Demogorge somehow), but reviews were... pretty much "meh". I have a few of the issues, and they suffer from the problems a lot of Annuals have, such as Rookie Art Teams (Annuals often get used for goofy try-out stories), and a plot that's INCREDIBLY decompressed to fit into 20-something issues (actually even worse than today's "writing for the trade").

-After that, Ghaur (who was really just a generic "I am an evil schemer!" villain, and looked pretty lame to boot, which meant that few people ever used him) pretty much settled into a mediocre existence, not really doing much. He's not much of a fighter (though can use any Deviant weapon possible, which can involve the GM throwing ANYTHING at you), but still has a strong Deviant Physiology, as well as the ability to control the mind of any Deviant but Kro.

GHAUR'S MINIONS: 
Ahqlau: A spy for Ghaur, working against Kro.
Assorted Background Guys: Karygmax, Nuncio Klarheit, Lugner
Others: Spike, String
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Deviants of Lyonesse

Post by Jabroniville »

THE DEVIANTS OF PLANET LYONESSE:

These guys are often tied to the character Blackwulf, an UBER-'90s character who vanished without ever having mattered.

Lord Tantalus: A big, strong guy with "Black Legacy" energy that gave him a Damaging Aura and Blasts. The father of Blackwulf, and later slain by him.
Id: Blackwulf's brother, never shown on-panel. Had a kind of Warrior's Madness, and was killed before the series began.
Khult: Nirvana's father, becoming the servant of Tantalus, later helping slay the villain. He had plenty of magical powers and was long-lived.
Mammoth (Willie Amos): Class 50-ish and used Energy Weapons in combat. He fought againt Tantalus, but lost his arm to the Black Legacy in the final issue.
Nirvana: Tantalus' wife, one immune to his powers (she was wed to him for this reason). She killed herself after he beat her (blaming one of their son's inheriting of his powers on her), but was reborn as an undead creature that would kill anyone with a touch. She willingly allowed her son Lucian to end her un-life.
Pandara: Strong chick who fought Thunderstrike & Spider-Man after being sent to Earth by Tantalus. Her Box (get your mind out of the gutter!) could summon a ton of monsters, shoot Blasts, or create smoke. She killed one of the members of Code: Blue, but was ultimately arrested by Thunderstrike.
Touchstone: Weird lady who could see into other Alternate Universes, and pull versions of herself from each one. Used this to become Immortal (would alter forms, however) and gain various forms and powers (Variable). Can also Teleport, Fly, go Intangible and see the future. Can use stasis fields to protect others, herself and to slice through almost any object. She fought Tantalus, but didn't join The Peacekeepers.

THE PEACEKEEPERS:
* Lord Tantalus' Goon Squad.
Bristle: Shoots Quills, some of which explode on contact. Had no personality.
Lady Trident: Uses a Trident empowered by Black Legacy, and returns whenever she throws it. She was trapped in something by Touchstone, who left her to feel pain for all eternity. Which seems a BIT excessive- I mean, she's mean, but she didn't do anything most villains didn't do regularly.
Schizo: Touchstone's insane sister- creates Reality Warps that look like someone's worst fear, driving them crazy. Was rendered catatonic by her sister.
Toxin: Shoots acids and sedatives. Joined the good guys in the very end, after having been led on by Tantalus (he wanted to look less like a green pile of puke for some reason).
Wraath (Willie Amos): Possibly the future self of Mammoth- a cyborg who wanted Mammoth to quit fighting.
Jabroniville

Blackwulf

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACKWULF II (Lucian)
Created By:
Glenn Herdling & Angel Medina
First Appearance: Thunderstrike #6 (March 1994)
Role: Failed '90s Hero
Group Affiliations: The Underground Legion
PL 10 (153)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+10)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"The Black Legacy" Damage 10 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) Linked to Weaken Stamina 10 [30]

"Shadow Lance" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [17]
Adds Ranged to Black Legacy, With 2 Extra Ranks to Each (28 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Black Legacy +10 (+10 Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Shadow Lance +8 (+12 Ranged Damage & Weaken, DC 27 & 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications: 
Enemy (Lord Tantalus)- Lucian has grown to despise his murderous father after watching him cruelly cut down Pelops, Lucian's brother and Tantalus' son.
Relationship (The Underground Legion)- Lucian now leads those who fight against Tantalus.
Prejudice (The Black Legacy)- Lucian has a black stripe across his face, marking him as tainted by the evil Black Legacy of his father's.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 47 / Defenses: 13 (153)

-I only vaguely remember hearing about this guy, and it's because his book was heavily featured in the Bullpen Bulletins pages of the time, promising some kind of epic series. He's the son of Lord Tantalus & Queen Nirvana of Armechadon, interstellar Deviants. Nirvana was forced to marry Tantalus and give birth to his children, who often bore his evil Black Legacy powers. The Celestials exiled Tantalus & his two living sons (Pelops & Lucian) to Earth after Nirvana killed herself to prevent the births of more monstrous children, and Pelops grew into Blackwulf, a member of the Underground Legion, a resistance to Tantalus, opposing his brother Lucian in the meantime. Tantalus murdered his own son in revenge, intending this to be a lesson to Lucian. Instead, Lucian vowed to destroy his father, becoming the NEW Blackwulf.

-Blackwulf opposed his father and The Peacekeepers (Tantalus' goon squad), teamed up with Deathlok (who was undergoing a big push in the 1990s), and joined The Underground Legion himself. He was cured of his Black Legacy curse by a Celestial minion, but gained it back in order to save his mother from an "un-life" as an undead minion of Tantalus', absorbing it back into himself. In the final issue of Blackwulf (#10), Lucian finally kills his own father, having been given a distraction by Lord Khult, his grandfather. As far as I can tell, Blackwulf has never appeared again.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: Jab's Builds! (Thena! Makkari! Ajak! Sersi! Starfox! The Deviants!)

Post by Davies »

Ohe.

You are going well above the call of duty on this one, Jab.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."