Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Blackwulf

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 am ImageImage

BLACKWULF II (Lucian)
Created By:
Glenn Herdling & Angel Medina
First Appearance: Thunderstrike #6 (March 1994)
Role: Failed '90s Hero
Group Affiliations: The Underground Legion
PL 10 (153)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+10)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Military) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Space Hero) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"The Black Legacy" Damage 10 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) Linked to Weaken Stamina 10 [30]

"Shadow Lance" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [17]
Adds Ranged to Black Legacy, With 2 Extra Ranks to Each (28 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Black Legacy +10 (+10 Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Shadow Lance +8 (+12 Ranged Damage & Weaken, DC 27 & 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications: 
Enemy (Lord Tantalus)- Lucian has grown to despise his murderous father after watching him cruelly cut down Pelops, Lucian's brother and Tantalus' son.
Relationship (The Underground Legion)- Lucian now leads those who fight against Tantalus.
Prejudice (The Black Legacy)- Lucian has a black stripe across his face, marking him as tainted by the evil Black Legacy of his father's.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 47 / Defenses: 13 (153)

-I only vaguely remember hearing about this guy, and it's because his book was heavily featured in the Bullpen Bulletins pages of the time, promising some kind of epic series. He's the son of Lord Tantalus & Queen Nirvana of Armechadon, interstellar Deviants. Nirvana was forced to marry Tantalus and give birth to his children, who often bore his evil Black Legacy powers. The Celestials exiled Tantalus & his two living sons (Pelops & Lucian) to Earth after Nirvana killed herself to prevent the births of more monstrous children, and Pelops grew into Blackwulf, a member of the Underground Legion, a resistance to Tantalus, opposing his brother Lucian in the meantime. Tantalus murdered his own son in revenge, intending this to be a lesson to Lucian. Instead, Lucian vowed to destroy his father, becoming the NEW Blackwulf.

-Blackwulf opposed his father and The Peacekeepers (Tantalus' goon squad), teamed up with Deathlok (who was undergoing a big push in the 1990s), and joined The Underground Legion himself. He was cured of his Black Legacy curse by a Celestial minion, but gained it back in order to save his mother from an "un-life" as an undead minion of Tantalus', absorbing it back into himself. In the final issue of Blackwulf (#10), Lucian finally kills his own father, having been given a distraction by Lord Khult, his grandfather. As far as I can tell, Blackwulf has never appeared again.
Intresting note to make here for you jab: These guy's(along with Code:Blue,Stellarix & Bloodaxe) were part of a Major Tom "I love me some Thor" Defalco's run in Thunderstrike,specifically the Pandara saga(which is where Officer Jock Jackson died in the line of duty.Intresting side-note:he's also one of the few major supporting cast member of Marvel to never be brought back to life)....
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Thena! Makkari! Ajak! Sersi! Starfox! The Deviants!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Greycrusader's comments about Blackwulf:
Man-I possess all sort of obscure comics trivia knowledge (though not at Mark Waid's level-check him out at a convention sometime!) but I knew NOTHING about the whole "Blackwulf" series, let alone Marvel had an entire other race of the Deviants, aside from the Earth and Skrull based races (nearly all Skrulls are Deviants, their genetics are more stable than their Terran counterparts). Then again, so much of the 90s comics characters are a blur to me, especially during the period when Marvel (under the ownership of Perlman) flooded the market with books, hoping to gain market share because the "Marvel Zombies" would buy ANY MU title, regardless of quality. Totally wrong idea, by the way, a massive failure which ruined a lot of young creators' nascent careers. since they were pushed into writing/drawing/editing their own books WAY before they were ready.

I agree with you, Jab-the editors fell in love with the Celestials concept. Marvel has used it to explain all sorts of things in their universe-The Celestials gave humans the ability for superhuman mutations to develop spontaneously, the Kree were never experimented on and so lack this capacity, the Skrulls are almost all Deviants (this branch dominated on their homeworld, with only a handful of Eternal Skrulls and Prime Skrulls left), and so on. The Celestials serve as the ultimate "Doomsday Villains" (replacing the over-used Galactus), source of mega-advanced technology, cosmic deus ex machina, etc.

And yes, the information on the more distinctive Deviants is scant, because most appeared only a handful of times, and their back stories are almost non-existent. But Dromedan and Tutinax took on Thor AND a handful of other, lesser known Eternals-Tutinax forced an image of Asgard falling during Ragnarok in Thor's mind, then put a whipping on him (Tutinax lifted a New York CITY BLOCK in his first appearance), while Dromedan held off the Eternals, with his matter transmutation powers proving superior to their own. Interestingly, Tutinax wasn't that belligerent on his own, except against Eternals; he only liked to fight "worthy" opponents, but was mind-controlled by Dromedan into doing the latter's bidding. Reminiscent of Validus and Tharok from the Fatal Five, though Tutinax is fairly intelligent actually. Dromedan is a BAD ASS-but suffered from design fail; he just looks like a giant, glowing, green-skinned mummy wrapped in golden bandages. Jack Kirby was just past his peak at the time, AND lots of 1970s era costumes and character appearances quickly became dated (nearly as bad as the 1990s). He also has no personality beyond "I want to rule everybody and everything".

I read a little more about El Toro Rojo's later appearances, and now I really think the concept has potential-he went from a generic and forgettable one-shot Thor villain to a boisterous and somewhat playful super-strong guy who forms this sweet friendship with an autistic boy (most people think El Toro Rojo is the boy's "imaginary friend"). I love this! And hey-he's a luchadore! He could be a costumed superhero who's secret identity is as a costumed wrestler!

All my best.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I don't think Starfox ever developed the eye- and hand-blasts.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 am I don't think Starfox ever developed the eye- and hand-blasts.
Hm, I'll edit him. I think Mentor did, and Thanos obviously had some, but these guys are weird. As Horsenhero said, Starlin tended to not establish the powers of his backgrounders. I'll also include some of the notes Horsenhero made (he made mostly the same comments last time, too- I shoulda read that this time around, so my build could've been updated :)).
Jabroniville

Re: Kro

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 pm
He's also a big fan of Nick Fury, at least according to John Ostrander ;)
I don't get it- is he writing something about that now?
Davies wrote:Ohe.

You are going well above the call of duty on this one, Jab.
Thanks! Though I did all of these guys in 2014- only the Eternals really have additional notes in this. But now that I'm finally done, I can post two Cosmic Beings, and then I'm done, and it'll be on to Power Pack!
Jabroniville

Kronos

Post by Jabroniville »

KRONOS (Chronos of Titan)
Created By:
Mike Friedrich & Jim Starlin
First Appearance: Iron Man #55 (Feb. 1973)
Role: Conceptual Being
PL 18 (593), PL 20 (593) Historian
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 12 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 3 (+8)
Expertise (Cosmic Lore) 10 (+22)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+22)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 8 (+20)
Expertise (History) 18 (+30)
Insight 4 (+10)
Intimidation 8 (+13, +xx Size)
Perception 6 (+12)
Persuasion 3 (+8)
Technology 10 (+22)
Treatment 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Cosmic Being"
Immunity 31 (Fortitude Effects, Aging) [31]
"Time Goes On" Immortality 20 (each round) [40]
Flight 14 (32,000 mph) [28]
Movement 6 (Space Travel 3, Dimensional Travel 3) [12]
"Time Cannot Be Touched" Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Innate) [21]
"Time Cannot Be Seen" Concealment 4 (Visuals) [8]
Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 15) [27]

"Cosmic Mind"
Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) [8]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]

"Variable Size"
Growth 12 (Str & Toughness +12, +12 Mass, +6 Intimidation, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) -- (48 feet) [24]

"Master of Time"
Immunity 2 (Effects of Time) [2]
"Speed Up Time" Quickness 12 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Selective) Linked to Speed 12 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Selective) Linked to Enhanced Advantages 5 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Selective) Linked to Enhanced Dodge & Parry 5 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Selective) (234) -- [246]
  • AE: "Speed Himself Up" Quickness 20 Linked to Speed 20 (2,000,000 mph) (40)
  • AE: "Time Portal" Movement 3 (Time Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 10) (Extras: Portal +2) (22)
  • AE: "Send Through The Ages" Movement 3 (Time Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 10) (Extras: Attack 18, Perception Range +2 on 18 ranks) (70)
  • AE: "Astral Form" Remote Sensing 20 (Visuals & Hearing) (Feats: Dynamic, Dimensional) (62)
  • AE: "Sense Life" Senses 22 (Detect Life- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Tracking) (22)
  • AE: Teleport 20 (Feats: Increased Mass 10- 25 tons) (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (90)
  • AE: "Send Through Time In Pieces" Blast 18 (Feats: Penetrating 14) (Extras: Perception Range) (68)
  • AE: "Age People & Objects" Weaken Toughness 22 (Extras: Affects Objects, Progressive +2, Ranged) (110)
  • AE: "Rapid Attack" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 15, Affects Others 12, Area- 250ft. Burst +4 on 12 Ranks, Selective 12) (Flaws: Tiring) (87)
  • AE: "Slow Enemies" Affliction 18 (Strength/Speed Rank; Dazed, Fatigued & Hindered/Stunned, Immobile & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition +2, Area- 250ft. Burst +4, Selective) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) (126)
  • AE: "Slow Enemy" Affliction 18 (Strength/Speed Rank; Dazed, Fatigued & Hindered/Stunned, Immobile & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition +2, Perception Range +2, Selective) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) (90)
  • AE: "Return the Dead to Life" Healing 20 (Extras: Perception Range +2, Resurrection, Restorative, Energizing, Area- 60ft. +2, Selective) (200)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Send Through The Ages -- (+18 Perception Ranged Movement Attack, DC 28)
Time Dissection -- (+18 Perception Ranged Damage, DC 33)
Age People & Objects +12 (+22 Ranged Weaken, DC 32)
Initiative +1 (+21 Boosted)

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (+12 Speed-Up, DC 17-22), Parry +7 (+12 Speed-Up, DC 17-22), Toughness +24 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +16

Complications:
Enemy (Thanos)
Responsibility (Time Itself)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 82--41 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 459 / Defenses: 17 (593)

-Kronos is an Eternal-turned-Cosmic Being, and was the one who discovered Arthur Douglas and his murdered family, resurrecting them into their new forms (Drax the Destroyer and Moondragon). Drax, of course, being designed specifically to kill Thanos, the grandson of Kronos himself. Kronos had, in the past, fought off the revolt of Uranos (his brother), and fathered A'lars and Zuras. Unfortunately, Kronos atomized himself after a botched experiment- his spirit lived on, amplifying its powers on the astral plane.

-Kronos eventually forms into a Cosmic Being, and resurrects Drax when he discovers that Thanos (who had been dead for years) had returned. He also appears with the other Cosmic Beings in The Infinity Gauntlet, being said to be powered by Time, but he's easily beaten by Thanos, and is a really minor figure in the story. His appearances are really very few.

-Kronos is quite rarely seen, and transformed after his death first into an Insubstantial Ghost Dude, and later into the personification of Time Itself. As such, he's basically what happens when you combine Love & Hate with someone like Tempo from The Mutant Liberation Front, allowing him various effects- he can send people through Time, slow people in huge groups, age things, allow everyone around him to use Multiattack, speed himself and others up (giving them a MASSIVE boost in Dodge, Parry, Speed and Initiative), etc. He's almost as expensive as Galactus himself, but is a "mere" PL 18. He's way more powerful than any normal character, but is probably the bottom-tier guy in most Cosmic Being Gatherings- I don't think he's made an appearance since the 1990s!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodclaw

Re: Kro

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 am
Woodclaw wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 pm
He's also a big fan of Nick Fury, at least according to John Ostrander ;)
I don't get it- is he writing something about that now?
Not right now, during the Heroes for Hire series of the '90s (the one started immediately after Onslaught) the team ended up in Lemuria at the urge of Sersi. It turned out that Ghaur was back in power (don't ask) and trying to create a Deviant Uni-Mind by blackmailing Thena (by kidnapping her kids) and Sersi into helping them. Of course Kro wasn't really too keen on any of that and assembled a resistance starting with the remains of the Delta Team. At the time he looked like the devil and spoke like Fury, when Iron Fist asked him about it Kro replied that he liked ol' Nick and the entire gig seemed very appropriate.

ImageImage
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ah, I see! I didn't realize Ostrander worked on that book.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I love how blase' Danny and Kro are about all the weirdness around them. Danny's belly button just shot lightning at someone, then a demon shows up talking like Nick Fury and dual wielding pistols. Meanwhile, from Kro's perspective, he just found a human at the bottom of the ocean, dressed like a kung fu spandex pirate, with a dragon tattoo on his chest. And then one of his pistols starts talking.

"My gun is talking. Did you do that?"

"Its your gun."

"It does have a point."

These guys have just seen pretty much everything at this point. Nothing phases them anymore.

And of course, thr belly button blast and talking gun was courtesy of Antman sneaking around.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Is Kro talking about the Nick Fury TV movie that starred David Hasslehoff? Ha!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yojimbo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:52 pm Is Kro talking about the Nick Fury TV movie that starred David Hasslehoff? Ha!
Probably.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

The Celestials

Post by Jabroniville »

Odin and every single Asgardian but Thor empowers the armor of The Destroyer, turning the invincible machine into a titanic creature. He faces off against the Celestials. And they wipe it out in one hit.

THE CELESTIALS
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Eternals #2 (Aug. 1976)
Role: Cosmic Manipulators
Group Affiliations: The Celestials
PL 20 (608)
STRENGTH
22 STAMINA -- AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 19 AWARENESS 8 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 11 (+30)
Expertise (Cosmic Lore) 6 (+25)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 11 (+30)
Insight 6 (+14)
Intimidation 10 (+12, +22 Size)
Investigation 6 (+14)
Perception 12 (+20)
Technology 11 (+30)
Treatment 3 (+22)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Reputation- Celestials), Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 2 (Scanning Gear, Equipment), Follow-Up Strike, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical (Blasts) 3, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 12, Skill Mastery 2 (Science, Technology), Startle, Tracking, Ultimate Technology Skill, Ultimate Science Skill, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Cosmic Being"
"Living Energy" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [17]
Flight 14 (32,000 mph) [28]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 29) [35]
Features 1: May Spend 2 Hero Points and get to Double Area Effects (ie. 500ft. Bursts) [1]
Immortality 13 (15 minutes) [26]

"Cosmic Mind"
Comprehend 4 (Languages 4) [8]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
Quickness 18 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Tasks) [9]
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
"Celestial Senses" Senses 7 (Darkvision, Analytical Vision 2, Extended 3) [7]
"Immune to the Ravages of Space" Immunity 2 (Proximity to Stars & Suns) [2]

"2000 Feet Tall"
Growth 20 (Str & Toughness +20, +20 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) -- (192 feet) (Feats: Innate) [41]
Elongation 7 (900 feet) [7]

"Wields The Power Cosmic"
"Variety of Powers" Variable 15 (Cosmic Powers) (Extras: Move Action) (120) -- [146]
  • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Wave" Damage 20 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 10, Variable 2) (Extras: Area- 500ft. Cone +4) (113)
  • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Stream" Damage 20 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 10, Variable 2) (Extras: Area- 250ft. Line +4) (113)
  • Dynamic AE: "Cosmic Burst" Damage 20 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 10, Variable 2) (Extras: Area- 250ft. Burst +4) (113)
  • Dynamic AE: Cosmic Blast 28 (Feats: Dynamic, Accurate, Affects Insubstantial, Penetrating 14, Extended Range 7- x12,800 ft., Split, Variable Descriptor 2) (83)
  • Dynamic AE: Healing 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Ranged, Restorative, Resurrection, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Others, Distracting) (47)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind-Reading 18 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle) (Extras: Sensory Link) (56)
  • Dynamic AE: Communication (Mental) 5 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle, Dimensional) (Extras: Area, Selective) (33)
  • Dynamic AE: "Remove Powers" Affliction 16 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (47)
  • Dynamic AE: Move Object 20 (Feats: Dynamic, Subtle, Precise) (Extras: Perception Range) (63)
  • Dynamic AE: "Giant Hands & Feet" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst)
  • AE: Teleport 20 (Feats: Increased Mass 10- 25 tons) (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (90)
  • AE: "Restructure Matter" Transform 15 (Anything to Anything) (Feats: Increased Mass 4- 200 tons) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Distracting) (79)
  • AE: "Sense Energy" Senses 22 (Detect Energy- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Acute & Analytical, Tracking) (22)
  • AE: "Sense Life" Senses 22 (Detect Life- Ranged 17- 1,600 trillion miles, Tracking) (22)
  • AE: Movement 7 (Dimensional Travel 3, Space Travel +2, Time Travel 2) (Extras: Portal +2) (28)
  • AE: Concealment 10 (All Senses) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Affects Others, Ranged) (41)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+22 Damage, DC 37)
Giant Hands +20 Area (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Cosmic Blast +12 (+28 Ranged Damage, DC 43)
Area Effects +20 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Mind-Reading -- (+18 Mind-Reading, DC 28)
Remove Powers -- (+16 Perception Affliction, DC 26)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +26 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +18

Complications:
Motivation (Investigation & Growth of Other Races)- The Celestials are vague with others as to their mission, but they seem to be focused on gathering information about all the sentient races in the universe, and casting judgement on them one at a time.

Total: Abilities: 114 / Skills: 84--42 / Advantages: 38 / Powers: 371 / Defenses: 43 (608)

The Celestials- Space Gods:
-Say what you will about Jack Kirby's actual writing and dialogue, but when you need an Idea Guy, there is none better. Kirby's big Marvel meta-series on the nature and origin or human myth "The Eternals" contains the origin story of three races: Throughout the Cosmos, The Celestials (a race of nigh-omnipotent, unknowable cosmic beings) experiment upon sentient beings, creating a Deviant Race (often malformed and super-powered) and Eternal Race (idealized, awesome and Flying Brick-ish) out of the baseline race. Now, The Eternals didn't fare too well, and few of it's characters really went anywhere, but The Celestials have stuck around. They fit very well as an unknowable, super-powerful race of beings with cool names and vague motivations.

-Celestials generally don't talk to beings lesser than themselves (which is just about everybody), and seem to be experimenting to create idealized, awesome races of beings. Their modifications have created the baseline Skrulls (as the Deviant population of shapeshifters rose up and killed all their baseline brethren, and all but one of their Eternals, who grew into the Skrull God Kl'rt), Avengers members Sersi & Gilgamesh, and Earth & Titanian Eternals all over the place. They've come to Earth a few times, each time threatening to wipe out the entire race- it's been saved by Gaea, who gathered some ideal humans to impress the Celestials, and a whole ton of Earth heroes managing to blow off a Celestial's finger (I guess that made them think these guys had some potential). Unfortunately, their status as "Top-Tier Gods" makes them highly-vulnerable to "Look at how tough MY GUY is!" behavior, much the same way Galactus used to job out pretty frequently in '80s and '90s stories. Check out Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers, which features ANOTHER Asgardian weapon somehow able to ONE-SHOT FREAKING CELESTIALS. This kind of stupidity is the kind of thing that can destroy the credibility of once-mighty characters.

Celestial Might:
-Celestials are EXTREMELY tough- among the only beings to even damage them at all were The Invisible Woman (because her powers are derived from the Hyperspace energy that Celestials are made of), Jean Grey (channeling some Phoenix power she had left behind), The Destroyer throwing the Odinsword, and Thanos using various Cosmic Macguffins. This means that they have a staggering +28 Toughness Save, and you have to do over +15 damage to even have a HOPE of scratching them. +28 Toughness means that a Power Attacking hero on their best day MIGHT do some damage. But keep in mind that Celestials can ALSO Regenerate AND come back from complete destruction in mere minutes... in other words, don't try to fight them.

-The worst part? THERE ARE DOZENS OF THEM. Celestials almost never appear solo, and this makes these PL 20 monsters even MORE dangerous, as with entire groups, they can destroy an entire galaxy, or create them. Combined into a group, they took on The Destroyer armour (said to be Adamantium-level invincible), which was also containing the life forces of the entire Asgardian race (minus Thor), which of course includes the Skyfather Odin. Actually, the Celestials didn't so much "take it on"- they just brushed it aside and reduced it to slag in moments, killing the entire Asgardian race (necessitating Thor gathering energy from the other Pantheons to gather them back together). THAT is real power. Altogether, any one Celestial would EASILY defeat Odin, Zeus or even freaking Surtur single-handedly. A group of them could handily take out Galactus, Devourer of Worlds.

Identified Celestials:
Arishem the Judge
Gammemnon the Gatherer (he collects samples of all life forms present on a planet)
Jemiah the Analyzer (he checks out and analyzes Gammemnon's samples)
Hargen the Measurer (vague things only- he measures the planets' worthiness or something)
Eson the Searcher
Scathan the Approver (approves or disapproves situations)
Nezarrr the Calculator (he can project illusions as part of his array)
The One Above All (the leader of The Celestials)
Oneg the Prober (he experiments and implements)
Tefral the Surveyor (maps geography)
Ziran the Tester (tests the stability of genetic life that the Celestials alter)
The Dreaming Celestial (a renegade Celestial named Tiamut who was imprisoned on Earth, as Celestials cannot be killed)
Exitar the Exterminator (he's the one that destroys all life on worlds that fail The Celestials' tests)
Ashema the Listener (pops down to Earth in human form to test Franklin Richards' validity as a Celestial)
The Blue Celestial (he was shown being "born")
The Red Celestial (helped birth the Blue Celestial)
The Red/Blue Judge (decided whether or not to allow Kosmos & Kubik to live)
Devron the Experimenter & Gamiel the Manipulator (a pair of young Celestials that are charged with watching over the Earth)
Ea the Wise (possibly a figment of the crazy Machine Man's imagination. Its action-figure sized)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidious

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sersi! Starfox! The Deviants! Kronos! The Celestials!)

Post by Sidious »

Love the Celestials. It's understandable why Galactus hunts them to feed off of in Earth X. These things are massive.

In others though for sheer scope, it takes a Beyonder to fight the entire Universe's pantheon of the space gods and win.
Jabroniville

The Hawk God

Post by Jabroniville »

THE HAWK GOD:
-The Hawk God is an "ultra violent" entity existing in the future of the original Guardians of the Galaxy series. It's thought that he may have been responsible for the destruction of the Watchers (who don't exist in that time), and he empowered Stakar and Aleta Ogord with the "Starhawk" powers. The Hawk God exists as a supernatural predator, meant to ensure the survival of the fittest on a grand scale, and "perpetuated cruelty for its own sake" as it went further and further over the edge. He was imprisoned, exiled and punished by the other Cosmic Beings for his viciousness, at which point he was uncovered by Stakar, the future Starhawk.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 03, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sersi! Starfox! The Deviants! Kronos! The Celestials!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And with the Celestials & the Hawk-God, I'm officially done the "Gods & God-Like Beings" set! Now we're finally going back to "regular old super-heroes"! Thanks for all the attention you've all been paying my thread- this past batch of comments has proven yet again that Echoes is doing great (it might actually be BUSIER than my thread was on RA!), which is great to see on this, the anniversary of when we founded our NEW forum! With beer! And hookers!