World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias!

Post by Davies »

The Castle Crow

Thanks to Daibhid C for suggesting the above image!

As a boy, Guigliemo Shabat's greatest joy was to sit at his grandfather's side and listen to tales of Emeraldias' past. Though the old man swore that all his stories were nothing less than the simple truth, the world they described seemed so utterly different from the city he knew, impossible to reconcile with the court he sometimes visited in the company of his parents. Best of all the tales, often revisited, were the stories of the Castle Crow, a mysterious figure who'd appeared in the night to strike down the enemies of the throne if they dared to approach the Emerald Castle.

Much later, after his grandfather had passed away and he'd grown to adulthood, Guigliemo chanced to gain access to the castle archives, and whimsically decided to look up records about the Castle Crow. He was shocked and horrified to learn that, while there had indeed been such a person, that individual was not by any means a heroic one. One of the Princes of two centuries past had developed a madness that led him to go about after dark and murder random individuals, who were subsequently declared 'enemies of the throne'. Nor was that the only dark secret he discovered hidden behind the tales of heroism he'd so enjoyed.

Shaken by this, Guigliemo chose to put the past behind him and focus on the present, where he strove to be worthy of the legacy his grandparents and parents had left to him, in a time when so many of his fellow aristocrats cared for nothing but their own advancement. He avoided entangling his family's destiny with that of the Regent, and watched the fortunes of his fellows start to outpace his own, with only the satisfaction of his own integrity and the company of a few others of like mind ... from whom he eventually learned that the Princess was making plans of her own.

The notion that the corrupt Regency might be brought to an end appealed to him, but he was also aware that many of the Princess' ancestors, such as the one behind the Castle Crow legend, had taken action in less than wholesome manners. He needed to be sure of her character before he offered her his allegiance, but how to gain that surety? And then the idea came to him, and he developed the identity of the new Castle Crow, a thief-taker who joined the Princess' entourage without revealing his true nature.

So far, he has seen nothing to suggest that Her Majesty has succumbed to the dark side of her heritage, and yet he continues the masquerade. At times he wonders if perhaps he has contracted some manner of madness, that his double life would not end even if his secret were known to all ...

The Castle Crow -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 3 | STA 3 | AGL 5 | DEX 5 | FGT 8 | INT 5 | AWE 2 | PRE 2
Equipment: Concealed Armor (Protection 2, Subtle), Fighting Staff (Strength-based Damage 2, Reach 1), Throwing Daggers (Strength-based Ranged Damage 2).
Advantages: Benefit 3 (Wealth), Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll, Equipment 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw.
Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 5 (+8), Expertise: Burglary 5 (+10), Expertise: Courtier 6 (+8) Intimidation 5 (+7), Investigation 1 (+6), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throwing Daggers 4 (+9), Stealth 5 (+10).
Offense: Initiative +5, Unarmed +11 (Close Damage 3), Fighting Staff +11 (Close Damage 5, Reach 1), Throwing Daggers +9 (Ranged Damage 5).
Defense: Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 7/5/3, Will 6.
Totals: Abilities 66 + Advantages 12 + Skills 20 + Defenses 12 = 110 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Secret.
Last edited by Davies on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Voltron64

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias!

Post by Voltron64 »

Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't use this as a reference for the Castle Crow.

Davies

Post by Davies »

Too industrial.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Fhenrir

In the forested hills to the north of Emeraldias, there lives what is certainly the largest community of non-human or part-human intelligences to be found anywhere in the Empire of Azure Throne, and quite possibly on the entire continent. If not further -- the sheer variety of the peoples who dwell there cannot even be matched, if Youen-Sut is to be believed, in the Dragon Lands. Just how they came to dwell in this place, which they have since long before the city's foundation, is a tale their loremasters do not share with outsiders.

While rumors of their existence gave rise to many legends told in the boulevards of Emeraldias, there was always an unspoken agreement between the rulers of the city and the peoples without it that they would be left to their own devices so long as they made no trouble. Then the regency came to power and one of the Regents cronies began hunting them for alchemical reagents, or even simply for their furs and skins. One of the first steps towards the Princess' revolution was to forge an alliance between herself and the clans, swearing that she would replace the unspoken agreement with a clearly defined treaty in exchange for their service in the struggles to come.

The council of the peoples sent one of the clans' greatest warriors, Fhenrir, to stand at the side of this human monarch and act as an ambassador. It was a task for which he was remarkably ill-suited, and yet matters have worked out rather well. Even those of the people who think ill of a deeper relationship between themselves and the city are inclined to believe that Fhenrir will be mighty enough to serve as their champion should a new round of wars begin.

Fhenrir himself is less optimistic about the prospects of his survival should that struggle begin, having actually seen the Princess and her allies at war. He is thus very motivated to work to see that it never happens, and was so even before his grandmother told him that the mother who pupped him was actually a woman of the city-folk. This secret would ruin his reputation among the clans if it ever got out, and he is not certain how to proceed to learn more, or indeed if he wants to.

Fhenrir -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 4 | STA 4 | AGL 5 | DEX 2 | FGT 5 | INT 1 | AWE 5 | PRE 1
Powers: Animalistic Senses (Senses 4 [danger sense, extended hearing, infravision, tracking), Claws (Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical; Movement 1 [wall-crawling]), Pounce (Leaping 2; Speed 3), Sembling (Morph 1 [human identity]).
Advantages: Animal Empathy, Chokehold, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Evasion, Improved Critical (Claw), Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge
Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+10), Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat: Claw 6 (+11), Expertise: Outdoorsman 8 (+9), Intimidation 4 (+5), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 2 (+3), Stealth 4 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +11 (Close Damage 5, Critical 19-20)
Defense: Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/4, Will 5
Totals: Abilities 54 + Powers 17 + Advantages 10 + Skills 19 + Defenses 14 = 114
Complications: Duty to the Clans--Motivation. Lunacy (easily angered when the moon is full. Secret.
Davies

Post by Davies »

And that's it for the Sentinels of Emeraldias. No, there's no counterparts to Vortex and Xeno. Vortex seems to be unique to Earth-Prime, and there have never been any extraterrestrial visitors to Verecia.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:45 am While rumors of their existence gave rise to many legends told in the boulevards of Emeraldias, there was always an unspoken agreement between the rulers of the city and the peoples without it that they would be left to their own devices so long as they made no trouble. Then the regency came to power and one of the Regents cronies began hunting them for alchemical reagents, or even simply for their furs and skins.
I'm sure the poachers' body parts would be worth a acceptable share of coin and/or prestige too.

(Although for Mongrel's counterpart, I personally expected shaman/healer/medicine man's apprentice from a friendly tribe of lycanthropes.)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:22 am
(Although for Mongrel's counterpart, I personally expected shaman/healer/medicine man's apprentice from a friendly tribe of lycanthropes.)
Considered it, considered giving him Treatment 4, Expertise: Magic 6, and Ritualist, but that extends him a bit into Youen-Sut's niche. Also, the healer drawn into the shadows versus the warrior called into the light dichotomy appealed a bit.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Vesta

Perhaps the greatest secret kept by Pontifex Viktoria Imprimis, high priestess of Sadrian in bright-spired Freedom's Reach, was that she was raising the daughter of Invictus, Defender of Men, as a lay sister of her faith. She did not share this fact with even her closest allies in Freedom's Guard, nor did she reveal to her protégé the truth of her origin until very recently. After Viktoria was crippled in battle against the Rose Red Huntress and her crew of miscreants, however, she unburdened herself as she begged Vesta to rise up and take her place among the Guard. Obedient to her Pontifex's commands, she has done so.

There are still many mysteries about the Defender's Daughter, known perhaps not even to herself. Most assume that her mother was the previous Pontifex, who fought alongside Invictus and was rumored to be his lover. A more quietly whispered tale is that Vesta is in fact the demigoddess daughter of Sadrian Herself. The Maiden of Might deflects such questions as irrelevant or even blasphemous. As a faithful follower of the goddess of Justice, Freedom and Compassion, she observes the orthodoxy that there are only nine gods, no less, and no more -- and certainly no demigods.

Despite this, people are already starting to worship her ...

Her greatest weakness is that, raised as she was in the cloisters, she has little familiarity with worldly matters, and little understanding of poverty, sickness, or human cruelty. She also has no real comprehension of how powerful she is, even in comparison to the mighty members of the Guard. While an inspiring figure, she is more of a follower than a leader, and generally looks to others for direction rather than taking initiative. However, she is young yet, and may grow to be a force to be reckoned with, if given the chance.

Vesta -- PL 11

Abilities: STR 14/2 | STA 8/2 | AGL 2 | DEX 0 | FGT 6 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 3
Powers: Blessing of Sadrian (Immortality 16, Limited Uses [1/year]), Invulnerability (Immunity 10 [life support]; Impervious Toughness 4; Impervious Protection 8), Might (Enhanced Stamina 6; Enhanced Strength 12; Enhanced Strength 2, Limited to Lifting), Swift (Flight 7; Quickness 4).
Advantages: Close Attack 2, Eidetic Memory, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Inspire, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Teamwork.
Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+6), Expertise: Religion 8 (+10), Insight 4 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+5), Investigation 2 (+4), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Combat: Throwing 6 (+6), Treatment 4 (+6).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 14).
Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 12, Toughness 16, Will 10.
Totals: Abilities 38 + Powers 86 + Advantages 11 + Skills 19 + Defenses 16 = 170 points
Complications: Duty to the City and the Faith--Motivation. Unworldly.
Last edited by Davies on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay. Currently recovering from a cold that kept me down for the past few days. My next project is going to be a conversion of characters from the two Hero High students PDFs, which may lead into a Where Are They Now for characters from the original Hero High and thence to my own answer to "What's Sonic doing these days". (I'd prefer not to answer that question until I get an answer to "What's Megastar doing these days", which is supposed to come in the Rogues' Gallery book, but needs must.)
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:54 pm Okay. Currently recovering from a cold that kept me down for the past few days. My next project is going to be a conversion of characters from the two Hero High students PDFs, which may lead into a Where Are They Now for characters from the original Hero High and thence to my own answer to "What's Sonic doing these days". (I'd prefer not to answer that question until I get an answer to "What's Megastar doing these days", which is supposed to come in the Rogues' Gallery book, but needs must.)
My bets to start with?

Gravity Master: Lawrence Smalls beat the odds and managed to become a full-blown superhero rather than ending up as another evil mad scientist. Also managed to tone the hell out of his physique ala Henchman 21 in The Venture Bros.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoZZCdRIxic
Last edited by Voltron64 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Angst

Nine years after she stumbled into a refugee camp in Niger, the young woman who calls herself Eve Noire still has no idea who she is or where she came from. Nor has she been able to gain any mastery over the fear that afflicts anyone who touches her. But she has to some extent come to terms with the fear, from watching other people struggle with and overcome it. Courage has become something she appreciates a great deal, and something she strives to experience herself.

After graduating from Claremont Academy in 2010, Angst fought crime in Lincoln, frequently teaming up with Sonic during this period. However, her dislike of violence made the experience an uncomfortable one, as she was too often forced to employ violence against her opponents, as opposed to cleverly tricking them into defeat, as she preferred. The never-ending nature of the battle also wore on her fairly quickly. Sonic was of little help, unfortunately, as he'd grown perhaps too accustomed to this life, and could only urge her to make an accommodation to the way of things.

In 2013, she happened to learn through the grapevine that the Champions of West Africa had been having membership difficulties. While she didn't regard that region of the world as her home any more than she regarded Freedom City that way, she did wonder whether she might be able to help people in the region in ways that would require less violent solutions if she joined forces with the renowned CWA. She bid farewell to Freedom City and returned to Niger, where she began working as a crime fighter to build up a local reputation before contacting the Champions.

Before that happened, however, she became caught up in one of Mr. Twist's missions in the area. Angst found herself admiring the outlaw's ability to confuse and elude his opponents without harming them. She sought to learn more about him, and soon found herself in a discussion with the man himself, which took place all over the world before finally leading them back to the Refuge. Impressed by the scope of Mr. Twist's operations, Angst offered him her help in his rescue missions. To both their surprise, he accepted the offer.

Since then, Angst has become Mr. Twist's de facto second in command, using what she learned at Claremont to train the other super-powered members of the refuge to help in their missions. The responsibility of protecting all these people and rescuing even more has helped her to make the accommodation to the occasional use of violence, though she still prefers solutions that leave people uninjured though terrified. The Refuge itself fascinates her, but despite her hopes, it hasn't helped her to recover any of her memories, which suggests that it has nothing to do with her forgotten backstory.

Very recently, however, Eve has had recurring dreams involving the repetition of a set of words in a language that she understands without recognizing it. "[F]or the fear of death or corruption could not touch her heart." It sounds like something biblical, or some fantasy story trying to sound biblical. She doesn't know what it could mean, and no one that she's spoken with recognizes the words either. One more mystery, perhaps.

Angst -- PL 10

Abilities: STR 1 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 6 | INT 3 | AWE 4 | PRE 4
Powers: Beyond All Fear (Immunity 5 [emotion effects]), Fear Aura (Affliction 10 [Resisted by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Paralyzed], Reaction [contact], Secondary Reaction*, Permanent), Fear Projection (Array: Selective Burst Area Affliction 10 [Resisted by Will; Impaired, Disabled, Paralyzed], AP: Perception Range Damage 7, Alternate Resistance [Will]), Hidden Fears (Concealment 10, Resistable [Will]), Scent of Fear (Senses 1 [danger sense]).
* Her Reaction activates in response to physical and mental contact.
Equipment: Utility Belt (M&M Hero's Handbook p. 164).
Advantages: Defensive Roll 2, Distract (Intimidation), Equipment 5, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative, Language (English, [French treated as native]).
Skills: Expertise: Art 5 (+8), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 10 (+14), Perception 8 (+12), Treatment 3 (+6).
Offense: Initiative +7, Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 1), Fear Aura +6 (Will 10), Burst of Fear -- (Burst Area Will 10), Flash of Fear -- (Perception Range Damage 7, Resisted by Will).
Defense: Dodge 8, Parry 10, Fortitude 7, Toughness 6/3, Will 12.
Totals: Abilities 54 + Powers 88 + Advantages 11 + Skills 16 + Defenses 21 = 190 points.
Motivation: Responsibility--Motivation. Dislikes Violence. Outlaw.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Tiro Por Banda/Bank Shot

When she lost her sight to a congenital disorder at the age of nine, the life of Idalyz Melendez might have seemed to be over. Soon after her eyes went dark forever, however, she developed a compensating mental radar. This attracted the interest of the Claremont Academy, and she was flown to America to start attending classes there. In the process, she was rescued from agents of the Venezuelan government, who planned to educate her in a very different fashion.

As Bank Shot, Idalyz served as a member of the third team of Next Gen, which formed shortly before her graduation. As such, she remained in Freedom City until 2012, when her team broke up soon after Duncan Summers' passing. Idalyz had actually been considering quitting the team for some time before that, as her original goal had been to use her powers to make life better for her family in Caracas. While every dime of the money that she made as a violinist for the Philharmonic went back to them, she found that she missed them something fierce.

So she returned to Venezuela, under an alias, and reconnected with her family. Things had gotten even worse for them in the decade that she'd been away, and the money that she'd sent back had only helped a little bit. Direct action was clearly called for ... and yet operating as a superhero in the capital of Venezuela, where non-registered superhumans were hunted, could potentially do more harm than good for her family if the records about the blind girl who could see were dug up.

In order to prevent that from happening, Idalyz sought out assistance from the hacker underground, and contacted a hacker who used the screen name Napoléon. He was able to access SEBIN's servers and delete all information about one Idalyz Melendez. What he wanted in exchange was her help in dealing with a number of criminal organizations, some involving corrupt politicians, in Valencia. Agreeing to his terms, she traveled to the smaller city -- where she would hopefully attract less official attention, as well -- and began fighting crime there as Tiro Por Banda.

In the three years since then, she has actually come to learn Napoléon's secret identity -- a former school teacher turned grocery worker -- and their partnership has become one of mutual trust and respect, instead of opportunism. He often acts as her 'seeing-eye person'. While Idalyz is much more optimistic than her partner about the prospect of ending the Carmona regime without bloodshed and chaos, they both are willing to do whatever it takes to protect the innocent and the almost-innocent.

Tiro por Banda/Bank Shot -- PL 9

Abilities: STR 2 | STA 2 | AGL 5 | DEX 7 | FGT 8 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 1
Powers: Blindsight (Senses 5 [accurate ranged radius mental sense, uncanny dodge]), Combat Baton (Feature [appears as cane when extended]; Array: Strength-based Ranged Damage 3, Ricochet 2, Split 3, AP: Strength-based Damage 3, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Split 3, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break; Easily Removable), Parkour (Movement 5 [environmental adaptation (urban), safe-fall, sure-footed 2, wall-crawling], Limited to Urban Environments).
Equipment: Commlink.
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment, Evasion 2, Grabbing Finesse, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Language (English, [Spanish is native]), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6, Sidekick 10, Takedown, Throwing Mastery 2.
Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+13), Athletics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Baton Strike 3 (+11), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise: Violinist 4 (+6), Insight 5 (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+13), Perception 7 (+9), Stealth 8 (+13).
Offense: Initiative +13, Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 2), Baton Strike +11 (Close Damage 5), Baton Throw +13 (Ranged Damage 5), Thrown Object +13 (Ranged Damage 2).
Defense: Dodge 13, Parry 11, Fortitude 7, Toughness 5/2, Will 9
Totals: Abilities 58 + Powers 19 + Advantages 34 + Skills 25 + Defenses 23 = 159 points
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Blind to Details. Family. Outlaw.

"Napoléon" -- PL 4

Abilities: STR 0 | STA 0 | AGL 0 | DEX 0 | FGT 0 | INT 4 | AWE 3 | PRE 1
Equipment: Camera, commlink, computer, digital recorder, phone.
Advantages: Benefit (Makes Gather Information checks with Technology), Contacts, Equipment, Language (English, [Spanish is native]), Well-Informed.
Skills: Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+8), Investigation 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 2 (+3), Stealth 3 (+3), Technology 9 (+13).
Offense: Initiative +0, Unarmed +0 (Close Damage 0).
Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 4, Fortitude 3, Toughness 0, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 16 + Advantages 4 + Skills 18 + Defense 12 = 50 points
Complications: Justice--Motivation. Family (mother and sisters). Secret.

Author's Note: Thanks to the real "Napoléon" for giving me permission to incorporate him into this story.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias! Hero High Revised!

Post by Davies »

Commander Crater

In hindsight, the Farside Council should have seen it coming. Their plan was simple -- to train a group of Farsiders into a condition where they could, using advanced technology and their own talents, serve as superheroic champions of their city. As it happened, only a single candidate emerged from their training regime, one Samot, and the decision was made to send him to Claremont Academy on Earth in order to polish him into the right condition to become their first superhero. Even at the time, this was a controversial choice, since Samot was one of the first telepaths born among the Farsiders since Lady Lunar's purges.

But to Earth he nonetheless went, and everything changed. On the moon, he'd been under constant pressure -- and he's heard every joke, so just keep it to yourself, all right? -- and found the relative freedom he experienced as a student to be somewhat exhilarating. Samot soon established a reputation as one of the top minds at the school, and a capable leader and trustworthy confidant. He helped to establish and lead a short-lived "team" of students from other hidden lands in 2008, the Emissaries.

Because of this experience, Duncan Summers asked Samot to be the leader of the third team of Next Gen when it formed the next year. It was thus his fate to be in charge during the Vah-Tan crisis of early 2010, when the Next Gen were on the spot with the bulk of the Freedom League held captive. He also supervised Centuria when she joined the team. The two of them became very close, and even dated a few times before they decided that they were better off as friends.

Finally, when his team of the Next Gen disbanded after Duncan Summer's death and Centuria's graduation, the call of Farside City could no longer be put off. The Council expected him to come back and share the lessons he'd learned with other heroes selected from the population, so that they would no longer be dependant on Earthly superheroes ...

But to their considerable horror, one of the lessons that he'd learned, and intended to teach, was that the sort of isolationism to which the Council aspired was unsustainable and even harmful to the Farsiders in an age when Earthbound humanity was beginning to reach for the stars. Rather than shunning the Earther heroes, the team he would lead would work with them as much as possible, always focused on protecting the City but willing to stand with their allies when threats to the system emerged.

The most moderate voices on the Council were aghast at the openness that Samot preached, but most of them believe that it is too late to start over with the project at this point. So Samot has become the Commander of the Farside Militia, while the Council works overtime to ensure that he doesn't have the chance to spew his xenophillic poison to the rest of their community. At least some of the Councillors actively want Samot dead, but he has avoided all their attempts so far. His subordinates in the Militia regard him with scarcely less than worship, even if he does work them all very hard, including rotating a small unit every month to act as security personnel aboard the Lighthouse.

Crater -- PL 9

Abilities: STR 9/0 | STA 1 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 7 | INT 6 | AWE 4 | PRE 4
Powers: Kinetisuit (Array: Enhanced Strength 9, AP: Ranged Damage 9; Array: Speed 10, AP: Flight 5, AP: Impervious Sustained Protection 5, AP: Leaping 10; Immunity 10 [life support]; Impervious Protection 5; Removable), Telepathy (Mental Communication 3; Array: Mind Reading 6, AP: Perception Range Nullify Mental Powers 4, Concentration, AP: Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 5 [Resisted by Will; Transformed], Insidious, Subtle, Limited to Third Degree, AP: Remote Sensing 4 [all senses], Feedback, Medium [living mind]), Universal Translator (Comprehend Languages 2).
Advantages: Benefit (Farsider Champion), Connected, Fascinate (Persuasion), Jack-of-all-Trades, Leadership, Ultimate Save (Will).
Skills: Expertise: History 4 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Perception 5 (+9), Persuasion 8 (+12), Ranged Combat: Kinetibolt 6 (+9), Technology 8 (+14).
Offense: Initiative +2, Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 9/0), Kinetibolt +9 (Ranged Damage 9), Mind Switch -- (Perception Range Cumulative Will 5).
Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 11/5/1, Will 12.
Totals: Abilities 54 + Powers 84 + Advantages 6 + Skills 18 + Defenses 16 = 178 points
Complications: Responsibility--Motivation. Reputation (non-xenophobe).

Farside Militia -- PL 6

Abilities: STR 6/0 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 1 | FGT 3 | INT 1 | AWE 0 | PRE 0
Powers: Kinetisuit (Array: Enhanced Strength 6, AP: Ranged Damage 6; Array: Speed 8, AP: Flight 4, AP: Impervious Sustained Protection 4, AP: Leaping 8; Immunity 10 [life support]; Impervious Protection 4; Removable).
Advantages: None.
Skills: Expertise: Soldier 2 (+3), Insight 2 (+2), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged Combat: Kinetibolt 2 (+3), Technology 4 (+5).
Offense: Initiative +1, Unarmed +3 (Close Damage 6/0), Kinetibolt +3 (Ranged Damage 6).
Defense: Dodge 3, Parry 3, Fortitude 2, Toughness 9/5/1, Will 3.
Totals: Abilities 14 + Powers 34 + Skills 6 + Defenses 6 = 60 points
Complications: Follows Orders--Motivation.
Arkrite

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias! Hero High Revised!

Post by Arkrite »

Oh those Farsiders.
Guess this explains why Mentac never went back. Those guys are crazier than cow tools.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:29 am Guess this explains why Mentac never went back. Those guys are crazier than cow tools.
Not familiar with that idiom, but yes, most of the council is a bad combination of paranoid and hidebound. On the other hand, the way that Samot dismisses millennia of tradition is very reminiscent, to their minds, of Lady Lunar.

As Benjamin Franklin is said to have remarked, what Mentac gave them was a republic -- "if [they] can keep it".