Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Shock

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brother Voodoo! Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox!)

Post by Shock »

Hot woman wearing black with white hair? I like the design but it's too close to Black Cat for her to stick around I think
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Some of the pictures I've seen make it look more blue, so that might help.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I think White Fox has a pretty cool look. I dig the white domino mask and the scarf.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Just one more "real" build left to post, plus a couple of dorks from the same story as White Fox (just notes- they're unworthy of builds). Then it's reposts of Weapon: PRIME (ELITE '90S JOBBERS, WOO!!!) and, since it's both on-theme and there's a cartoon series coming out- Big Hero Six!!
Jabroniville

Gun-R

Post by Jabroniville »

GUN-R
Created By:
Al Ewing & Paco Medina
First Appearance: Contest of Champions #1 (Dec. 2015)
Role: Foreign Hero, Android
Group Affiliations: None

-An android programmed to despise crime in all its forms, Gun-R was abducted for the Contest of Champions, but killed off-panel by The Maestro before the story's start.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Guillotine

Post by Jabroniville »

GUILLOTINE (Jeannine Sauvage)
Created By:
Al Ewing & Paco Medina
First Appearance: Contest of Champions #1 (Dec. 2015)
Role: Foreign Hero

-Guillotine also appears in Contest of Champions, and is a French girl who managed to find an evil, Magic Sword, which she uses for good. "La Fleur du Mal" is probably your everyday "Cuts everything" blade. Nothing really to go on in terms of stats.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
DominusExMachina

Re: Jab's Builds! (Defensor! Red Ronin! Latino Heroes! Shang-Chi!)

Post by DominusExMachina »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 amIt's funny how this works- I was expecting to just re-post Shang-Chi and some of his baddies (Fu Manchu, The Cat) because they were on-theme... but then a Wiki-Wormhole opened up, and I discovered various names on "The List" (Clive Reston, Black Jack Tarr), followed by some classic Jobber Villains. I was gonna just blow off Shang-Chi's assorted one-off bad guys, but a few had interesting looks or real super-villain guises, so we'll have Mordillo and a few others, too. This extends the "Foreigners" bit by a ways.

I'll also add a couple of characters from Al Ewing's big of the Avengers books, followed by Weapon: PRIME re-posts (which I totally coulda done when it was on-theme with X-Force, but then I'd have to do ALL of their Jobber Groups at once, and I didn't feel like it).
With all the time that's gonna take, it sounds more like a "Wiki-BLACK Hole" to me...
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 amThen I'll get to Lori Lemaris (that'll tide you over, Dominus :)), at which point I'll start the Mega Man X-related builds, which I've been working on for literally two months- doing those is a bit of a slog at times, so I only did a couple of guys per-day, if that.
Looking forward to your Lori Lemaris build (and templates for generic Atlanteans (one from Poseidonis and one from Tritonis))

The Mega Man X-related builds...not so much.
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 amAround Christmas-time, I'll be re-posting Primal Rage, with some updates for the unreleased sequel, with two new characters and some "Human Avatar" fighters.
Never heard of Primal Rage...
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 amFollowing that, I'll be re-posting Gargoyles builds, since that got a few votes last time.
Been a long time since I've watched Gargoyles...DEFINITELY looking forward to seeing those.
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 amI'm still bouncing around some ideas for January, but we'll probably see Dinosaur-related stuff FINALLY get re-posted (it's been YEARS! Old-school ATT-era stuff!), and I'll probably finally get to South Park. maybe Black Panther stuff for the upcoming movie, and then we might finally see the Invincible-related builds, as the end of the series should be around then.
I can TOTALLY picture Kenny McCormick having the complication Quirk (Prone to Dying Repeatedly)...

Anyhoo...here's some more builds I'd love to see:

From DC Comics:

The Snake Gang
  • Asp
  • Cottonmouth
  • Lady Viper
Anthem (DC Comics - Wildstorm imprint (pre-Flashpoint))
  • Liberty One
    • Dawn
    • Spangle
    • Rosie
    • Shock & Awe (conjoined twins, essentially two characters sharing a body)
  • Generic Bellwether
The Super Sons
  • Robin (Damian Wayne)
  • Superboy II (Jonathan Samuel Kent)
New X-Men of Earth-9997 (Marvel Comics)
  • Charmer
  • Dogface
  • Double-Header
  • Mermaid
  • Tower
That's all for now...more to come later.
Last edited by DominusExMachina on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Obscure DC characters are basically impossible to build unless you've read the book, so I don't do any of those. I even had to leave members of The Jihad (from Suicide Squad) off because DC bios are so sparsely-written online. Never read Earth-X either, so that's out of my wheelhouse. Future Versions, Alternate Versions and background faces aren't concepts that interest me. I usually refer to that kind of thing as "Blind Builds", and don't do those.

Here's a bit of info I wrote about stuff I generally don't do: viewtopic.php?p=56#p56
Jabroniville

Outlaw

Post by Jabroniville »

OUTLAW I (Nigel Higgins)
Created By:
Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning & Douglas Braithwaite
First Appearance: Punisher #64 (June 1992)
Role: English Punisher
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+9)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Streetwise) 7 (+10)
Insight 4 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+9)
Technology 3 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+7)

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Equipment 5 (Arsenal, Kevlar), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Guns +10 (+4-6 Ranged Damage, DC 19-21)
Grenades +6 Area (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 Kevlar), Fortitude +6, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Justice/Helping People)- Outlaw was initially a killer like The Punisher, but has since devoted his life to helping others.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 9 (112)

-This goofy character I've never heard of is apparently England's answer to The Punisher, created by British writers Abnett & Lanning, WAY back before they became iconic Marvel writers (my friends mostly knew them from their Warhammer stuff). When The Kingpin stretched his fingers over to England, this guy stood in the way, was Frank Castle & Microchip's contact over there. He seems to have only had two appearances until the modern era, where he's used in the new Contest of Champions series. Realizing that he was sick of killing people, he used a wish in the finale of the book to resurrect all the people he'd slain, then devoted his life to helping people instead of killing them.

-Outlaw is basically Punisher Lite, and is oddly tiny, given the bios online- 5'1" 108 lbs.? He's barely larger than Kristin Chenoweth!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
DominusExMachina

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 amObscure DC characters are basically impossible to build unless you've read the book, so I don't do any of those. I even had to leave members of The Jihad (from Suicide Squad) off because DC bios are so sparsely-written online. Never read Earth-X either, so that's out of my wheelhouse. Future Versions, Alternate Versions and background faces aren't concepts that interest me. I usually refer to that kind of thing as "Blind Builds", and don't do those.
I get it, Jab: you don't like doing builds of ultra-obscure characters. Here's the thing of it, though: the Snake Gang I'm referring to comes from the "Who is Oracle" arc of the new Birds of Prey comic series, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey.

That said, conjoined twins like Shock & Awe (from pre-Flashpoint Wildstorm's Midnighter), Double-Header (both Marvel's Earth-X and DC's Legion of Super-Heroes version), and even Syndicate from the Ultimate Marvel universe aren't that common in comics; therefore, I think it's nice to have stats for characters like those.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

DominusExMachina wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:38 amObscure DC characters are basically impossible to build unless you've read the book, so I don't do any of those. I even had to leave members of The Jihad (from Suicide Squad) off because DC bios are so sparsely-written online. Never read Earth-X either, so that's out of my wheelhouse. Future Versions, Alternate Versions and background faces aren't concepts that interest me. I usually refer to that kind of thing as "Blind Builds", and don't do those.
I get it, Jab: you don't like doing builds of ultra-obscure characters. Here's the thing of it, though: the Snake Gang I'm referring to comes from the "Who is Oracle" arc of the new Birds of Prey comic series, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey.

That said, conjoined twins like Shock & Awe (from pre-Flashpoint Wildstorm's Midnighter), Double-Header (both Marvel's Earth-X and DC's Legion of Super-Heroes version), and even Syndicate from the Ultimate Marvel universe aren't that common in comics; therefore, I think it's nice to have stats for characters like those.
I think I used to OWN those Birds of Prey comics, and I don't remember the characters. They were really, REALLY uninteresting. And look at the bio for guys like this: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Asp_(Prime_Earth)

Note the complete lack of history, attributes or even Powers. This isn't the kind of character I would ever stat- there's too little about him. Almost every new comic book character suffers from this (even Marvel guys I just posted like Guillotine, Sati and Gun-R). And I've never enjoyed Marvel's Ultimate universe, so won't plan on doing any builds from that, either.

Obscure Marvel characters are fairly easy to build- even minor guys have write-ups on Marvunapp that contain bits of history, and even a writer's opinion of the character. But with DC... there are some IMPORTANT characters who have extremely tiny character histories. Their "Jobber Villains" and one-offs? They're just impossible. A perfect example is the Fatal Five... actually IMPORTANT characters to the Legion of Super-Heroes, and despite a lot of people asking about them, I could never even hope to build them- there's just not enough available online, and I don't read comics featuring them. Guys like THIS are impossible for me to stat properly (I literally just said "Read the DCA builds and use those"), never mind the REALLY obscure ones.

Heck, I haven't even statted many DC villains except for their DC Animated Universe versions, because I've at least seen those.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

A French character named Guillotine? Jesus Christ, that's awful.

How about a German superhero named Gas Chamber? Or an American superhero named Trail of Tears?

Sometimes comic books are really frickin' stupid.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:47 pm A French character named Guillotine? Jesus Christ, that's awful.

How about a German superhero named Gas Chamber? Or an American superhero named Trail of Tears?

Sometimes comic books are really frickin' stupid.
There was a German character called Zyklon, he was actually Heinrich Himmler resurrected by the demon Satannish alongside Lucrezia Borgia, Joseph Stalin and Lizzy Borden to form his lethal legion.
Their souls were all eventually destroyed.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

At least some DC characters have Writeups.org entries (even some jobbers like The Fisherman!), but yeah, a lot of characters are near-impossible to stat unless you've actually read comics that they're in, and even then, for new characters it's hard to even find them showing off thier powers and stuff sometimes.
DominusExMachina

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 am
DominusExMachina wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 am

I think I used to OWN those Birds of Prey comics, and I don't remember the characters. They were really, REALLY uninteresting. And look at the bio for guys like this: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Asp_(Prime_Earth)

Note the complete lack of history, attributes or even Powers. This isn't the kind of character I would ever stat- there's too little about him. Almost every new comic book character suffers from this (even Marvel guys I just posted like Guillotine, Sati and Gun-R). And I've never enjoyed Marvel's Ultimate universe, so won't plan on doing any builds from that, either.

Obscure Marvel characters are fairly easy to build- even minor guys have write-ups on Marvunapp that contain bits of history, and even a writer's opinion of the character. But with DC... there are some IMPORTANT characters who have extremely tiny character histories. Their "Jobber Villains" and one-offs? They're just impossible. A perfect example is the Fatal Five... actually IMPORTANT characters to the Legion of Super-Heroes, and despite a lot of people asking about them, I could never even hope to build them- there's just not enough available online, and I don't read comics featuring them. Guys like THIS are impossible for me to stat properly (I literally just said "Read the DCA builds and use those"), never mind the REALLY obscure ones.

Heck, I haven't even statted many DC villains except for their DC Animated Universe versions, because I've at least seen those.
Point duly made, Jab: I concede. And for what it's worth, the Ultimate Marvel universe of Earth-1610 isn't exactly my cup of tea, either...

In case you change your mind, though, an entry for Shock & Awe (if it can be called that) can be found here.

That being said, there ain't nothin' obscure about these characters I'd like to see builds for in the future:

The Super Sons
  • Robin (Damian Wayne)
  • Superboy II (Jonathan Samuel Kent)
Last edited by DominusExMachina on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.