Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Tigerstryke

Post by Jabroniville »

TIGERSTRYKE ("Mitchell")
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Rob Liefeld
First Appearance: X-Force #11 (June 1992)
Role: Egotistical Punk, Flying Guy
Group Affiliations: Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.
PL 8 (109)
STRENGTH
2/5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 4 (+8)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Move-By Action, Ranged Combat 4

Powers:
"Hudson-Type Electro-Magnetic Battlesuit" (Flaws: Removable) [32]
Enhanced Strength 3 (6)
Protection 2 (2)
Senses 1 (Infravision) (1)

Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
"Electro-Magnetic Blast" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (17)
-- (40 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Battlesuit Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
E-M Blast +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Department K)
Weakness (Battlesuit)- Tigerstryke's battlesuit is vulnerable to electrical & magnetic attacks, as well as sonic bursts.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 10 (109)

-Tigerstryke was a pretty minor character the first time around with his team, being a background flying guy seemingly created to go against Cannonball (they had similar powers). However, when the battle finally came for Mr. Silly Tiger Costume here, he ended up pairing against Siryn, because Cannonball was busy with Boomer & Rictor, arguing about old allegiances. So Siryn just tooled him in one shot (no part of their fight was shown aside from that), and he was turned into "a walking cast" according to Peter Gyrich after X-Force's base blew up. His next appearance saw him actually LEADING Weapon: P.R.I.M.E., with Bridge's quitting, but it was an amateur squad of nobodies who couldn't even beat Domino & Grizzly. He appeared as an antagonist-turned-ally in the Northstar limited series. He made the command decision to leave Northstar alone after witnessing the guy's heroism first-hand, but then that was it for Tigerstryke and his silly team.

-Not a horrible Blaster, but still way under-pointed, and not very high-level (PL 8's enough to challenge an X-Force member, but he'd almost never win). It's left in the air just how much of his powers came from what source, his suit or his own abilities. I mean, the "M" in P.R.I.M.E. stood for "Mutants", but Bridge and Kane weren't mutants, and Yeti/Wendigo likely wasn't either. UXM.net places him as a full Battlesuit user, so I'll go with that one. The suit makes him pretty strong, but he's definitely no elite powerhouse- basically around Cap's level. It does beg the question as to why doesn't EVERY mutant wear a costume like that if it can only benefit you (especially if they're easy enough to make that you'd waste one on someone with a name like TIGERSTRYKE, but that's one of those questions in comics you just don't ask.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yojimbo

Re: Jab's Builds! (Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox! Weapon: PRIME!)

Post by Yojimbo »

"Killspree"?

I take it back. Guillotine is a perfectly cromulant name.
Davies

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brother Voodoo! Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox!)

Post by Davies »

Yojimbo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:47 pm A French character named Guillotine? Jesus Christ, that's awful.
Well, if the French didn't want to be associated with it, they shouldn't have kept using it as a method of execution up until 1977.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am Survey time!!

Testing interest in some other things- please let me know which draw your interest the most:

* Legion of Super-Heroes reposts
* Teen Titans reposts
* Wolverine & Friends (mostly reposts)
* Overwatch (all new)
* Disney Builds reposts
* South Park (all new)
* Watchmen (all new)
* DC Villains (it's been noted I have relatively few non-Animated versions)

I'm gonna start re-reading Invincible from the beginning in anticipation of the ending, but those builds are a couple months off, yet.
Huh, that's tough. I'm interested in all of them, but Watchmen and Overwatch are at the top of the list.
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am * Legion of Super-Heroes reposts
* Teen Titans reposts
* Overwatch (all new)
* Disney Builds reposts
* South Park (all new)
* Watchmen (all new)
It'd be gear to see Robin-O, Wonder Chick, Flasheroo, Gillhead and Shafty again.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Yeti

Post by Jabroniville »

"What is THAT??!??"
-My dad, after picking up my copy of this comic and flipping through it

THE YETI (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Rob Liefeld
First Appearance: X-Force #11 (June 1992)
Role: Controlled Monster
PL 9 (103)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+11)
Expertise (Hunter) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 10 (+9, +11 Size)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 7 (+9, +5 Size)

Advantages:
Animal Empathy, Close Attack, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Natural Weapons- Teeth & Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 12) [14]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]

"Natural Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Extended Hearing, Tracking-Scent) [5]
"Strike Him Down and He Shall Only Rise Again" Regeneration 4 [4]

"Arctic Creature"
Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]
Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Natural Weapons +7 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (The Wendigo Curse)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 13 (103)

-Regarding Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.'s version of The Wendigo: This Wendigo was called by its original name at first, but then it got turned to "Yeti", and we saw it wearing a clear case of an inhibitor/shock collar, presumably making it loyal. Of course, they didn't actually EXPLAIN this- it just stood there and fought X-Force and that was it. Yeti was a COOL idea at first, being a controlled-monster that was extremely bad-ass, and looked to REALLY kick X-Force's ass. But the already-mentioned de-push of Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. resulted in "Yeti" just getting HIS ass kicked, as he tangled with Feral, who for whatever reason totally outclassed him and ripped him apart- this made him look like a loser (she shredded his chest and that was the last we saw of him). With the PRIMEsters down 5-1 on their debut (Bridge, Tygerstrike, Yeti, Grizzly & Rictor lost to their opponents, while only Kane beat Shatterstar), things didn't look good. His next appearance was years later in a throwaway fight with Domino and ex-member Grizzly, and Yeti was seen taking a bunch of shots (and sporting a spiffy new brown coat of fur, as again, the X-Force colourists were nuts in those days- poor Shatterstar went from brown, to orange, to RED within five issues- though Yeti turned white again by the next issue).

-The Yeti's only PL 9, and FAR underpointed, given that he's just a dumb animal with barely-there fighting skills- the collar apparently inhibits his killer instinct and abilities in addition to it's mental craziness. He's tough and powerful, but lacks any kind of decent accuracy or defensive skills, so expect any team's Scrapper or Brick to just beat the living crap out of him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Double Trouble

Post by Jabroniville »

One of the only pictures of them on the entire internet.

DOUBLE TROUBLE (Real Names Unknown)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Greg Capullo
First Appearance: X-Force #22 (May 1993)
Role: Blasters, Names Attached To Powers (and nothing else)
PL 8 (66)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Government Agent) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Plasma Blast) 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Improved Aim, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Symbiotic Plasma Discharge"
All Powers have Flaw: Limited to Sister's Proximity
Blast 9 (Feats: Split) [10]
Flight 4 (30 mph) [4]

Senses 1 (Communication Link- Other Sister) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Plasma Blast +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 15 / Defenses: 13 (66)

-Double Trouble suffers from "Acolyte Syndrome", in that someone just created them for a funny name or power idea, and didn't think to add anything else to it. One sister had one line, and that was the totality of their X-Force experience, as they tried to chase down Domino & Grizzly. Curiously, the entire team was coloured differently between appearances- in one issue, the twins are turquoise (thank you Wikipedia colour list) & light blue/white, the next they're light blue & yellow! They failed to hit anything- in their Northstar appearance, they failed to be any more impressive.

-Supremely low points cost, PL 8 Blasters. Not much to them, and the Flaw really hits them hard as well. Much like the Fenris Twins, they have to be close to each other to use their attacks, and otherwise they can't do anything. They're not even in really good shape. THE ENFORCERS could probably kick their asses with ease.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DominusExMachina

Post by DominusExMachina »

L-Space wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 am
DominusExMachina wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 pmYet another reason why the '90s are known as the Dark Age of comics...

And NO, Jab, suckiness of this magnitude should NOT be rewarded: if anything, the purveyors of said suckiness should ultimately be shamed into the deepest, darkest depths of obscurity. But that's just me: I've long considered myself to be more of the "quality-over-quantity" and "originality-over-ubiquity" type when it comes to comic book characters...
Boy are you in the wrong thread then :lol:.
Did I forget to mention that I prefer substance over style when it comes to characters in comics?

But in all honesty, L-Space, I'm just not that big a fan of villain teams (or even teams of heroes, for that matter) that consist almost exclusively of roided-out, vapid, ultra-pretentious thrill junkies, most (if not all) of whom are clad in flashy (yet blatantly derivative) costumes, that have barely a shred of intelligible personality between them...and Weapon: PRIME most definitely falls under that heading.
L-Space wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:32 amYou would think that Weapon X, a super secretive government program, would have asked Kane not to use their name as his alias...
Ah, but that way, L-Space, Kane draws attention away from the real Weapon X...

...unless Kane gets captured and he spills the beans on where his bevy of powers came from, in which case the Weapon X program's pooch is well AND truly screwed...
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 amSurvey time!!

Testing interest in some other things- please let me know which draw your interest the most:

* Legion of Super-Heroes reposts
* Teen Titans reposts
* Overwatch (all new)
* Disney Builds reposts
* South Park (all new)
* Watchmen (all new)

I'm gonna start re-reading Invincible from the beginning in anticipation of the ending, but those builds are a couple months off, yet.
OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!

OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!

OVERWATCH and WATCHMEN!
Last edited by DominusExMachina on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Killjoy

Post by Jabroniville »

"WITNESS MY 90s-FUELED RAGE! ARM BLADES! SICK SMILE ON COSTUME! BLADED HAIR! RARH!!!"

KILLJOY / KILLSPREE (Real Names Unknown)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Greg Capullo
First Appearance: X-Force #22 (May 1993)
Role: Blade Guy, The Scrapper, Bad-Ass Image-Type Named Guy
PL 8 (84)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Expertise (Government Agent) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+8)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Critical (Blades), Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Startle

Powers:
"Bad-Ass Super-90s Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [10]
"Arm Blades" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Split) (Feats: Penetrating 5) (10)
"Titanium Plated Armour" Protection 2 (2)
-- (12 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Blades +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +7, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.)

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 11 (84)

-I thought Killjoy was pretty cool when I first saw him, but then, I was like 13 and he HAD SWORDS ON HIS ARMS, GUYS. This guy's such a good rip-off of the types that Liefeld, Silvestri & co. were creating in Image at the time that he could have fit RIGHT INTO that universe without any extra badass-ness. He even has the naming scheme of "Negative connotative word with disturbing or similarly negative connotative word" (Deathshot, Bloodshot, Killjoy, Die-Cut, Death Metal, Bloodaxe, Deathmate, etc.). But he didn't really take off, despite getting his own TOY (!) when he had three appearances combined, and he only showed up in a Northstar Limited Series (yeah, THESE guys were the Big Bads of that book) after this. And I have no idea why he changed his name to "Killspree" afterwards, or why what is supposed to be a SUPER-HERO TEAM would have a guy with a name like that. His big Colour-Switch in his second appearance turned him from a cool black suit with red armor into a big purple suit with golden armor. He looks pretty Image-y either way, but the first was better, I thought. And hee, look at his dreads.

-Standard low-pointed Scrapper type guy. He's alright in a fight, but would lose to any PL 9 or PL 10 guy pretty bad- UXM.net says he has enhanced strength, but I've never seen any evidence of it- they tend to plop that onto absolutely every guy in the X-verse without any obvious super-powers. He's just a costume-based fighter-guy, high enough to be annoying, but that's it. I mean, the guy hasn't been seen in over a decade now.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Huh- well I'll be dipped- somebody's doing reviews of various comics of the '90s: http://www.therealgentlemenofleisure.co ... ce-27.html (Here's their X-Force #27 review!)

This is a blast from the past.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. Builds Through The Ages:
http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopi ... 6c#p518307 (Nov. 2008- 2nd Edition builds)
http://atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.ph ... 10#p752889 (Nov. 2010, way, WAY back in the history of my thread)
https://roninarmy.com/threads/149-Jab-s ... post135700 (Oct. 2015's posts, when I was in Japan)

And that's all for these guys- I pretty much intended to blast them out over a single day, since I last posted them only two years ago, and in some cases, haven't touched the builds in literally years (I mean, what am I gonna change on Tigerstryke & Killjoy? They haven't even SHOWN UP in that timespan!).
scc

Post by scc »

I would like to see LOSH or DC villain builds. Though not that familiar with Overwatch they do have cool designs and wouldn't mind seeing builds of them. Especially the female characters.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Teen Titans or DC villains would be my pick.
brothersale

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am Survey time!!

* Overwatch (all new)

* Watchmen (all new)
I would love to see your take on Overwatch or the DC villains. And while i would like to see your take on the Watchmen, i think you may want to wait until the current Doomsday Clock series reaches its concusion, so that all the details are available for the builds.
Yojimbo

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brother Voodoo! Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox!)

Post by Yojimbo »

Davies wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:38 am Well, if the French didn't want to be associated with it, they shouldn't have kept using it as a method of execution up until 1977.
Aside from all the other reasons, naturally.

I vote for the Legion of Super-Heroes, because whenever they're an option for anything, I am compelled to pick them.