Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Builds! (Big Hero Six! Hiro! Baymax! Honey Lemon! GoGo!)

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:07 pm WOW! Such a great, detailed backstory! Thanks a ton, Woodclaw! I'll have to go back through the Gemini & Euroforce guys to add some notes :).
You're welcome. Also thanks to a friend of a friend I finally unravelled the mystery behind the weird codenames of Euroforce. Ready for it? They weren't superhero codenames at all, but radio call signs. In actual fact none of those characters had a secret identity -- except Danger, I think -- but they often used they radio call signs as nicknames.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Honey Lemon! GoGo! Fred! Yokai! Lori Lemaris!)

Post by Jabroniville »

I'll admit I have no idea how fast to post the Mega Man X builds- it'll depend on the reaction they get. I can spam 'em out if they don't draw much, but will slow it down a bit and let some "sink in" if they prove popular :). You never know with Video Game stuff. In any case, this is eight games' worth of guys, most of the Final & Mid-Bosses, and a Template for the lamest guys. Took me the better part of two months to finally get everything down, just doing a build or two a day, as they use a pretty simple template, but I had to watch YouTube playthroughs and read the Mega Man Wikia page in order to figure out playstyles, weaknesses, etc.

The posting'll probably go "Whole Game's Villains; Major Character; Whole Game's Villains; Major Character" throughout. With the first game's Mavericks going first, since that's the one everybody remembers, and it has the most iconic Robot Bosses.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jack of Spades wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 am I've been saying for a while that you can judge the health of the DCU by the presence of Ralph Dibney, the World-Famous Elongated Man. If your version of the DCU cannot tolerate Ralph's existence, then it is doomed. The same could be said of Lori. That's why I'm heartened to see Ralph appearing in The Flash this season. Maybe Lori will show up on Supergirl.
Or maybe Jerro, the merboy.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:45 am I'll admit I have no idea how fast to post the Mega Man X builds- it'll depend on the reaction they get. I can spam 'em out if they don't draw much, but will slow it down a bit and let some "sink in" if they prove popular :). You never know with Video Game stuff. In any case, this is eight games' worth of guys, most of the Final & Mid-Bosses, and a Template for the lamest guys. Took me the better part of two months to finally get everything down, just doing a build or two a day, as they use a pretty simple template, but I had to watch YouTube playthroughs and read the Mega Man Wikia page in order to figure out playstyles, weaknesses, etc.

The posting'll probably go "Whole Game's Villains; Major Character; Whole Game's Villains; Major Character" throughout. With the first game's Mavericks going first, since that's the one everybody remembers, and it has the most iconic Robot Bosses.
I'm totally fine with you spamming 'em out if need be, since there's so many guys to get through. I'm really glad you're doing these, too, since I like the Mega Man franchise in general a lot. I hope it wasn't too much of a slog, especially since Megaman X7 is such a pain to play or watch (and I actually owned a copy! I have no idea why..), especially a certain boss who would probably subject the opposing characters to a Dazzle Audio effect every turn.
Also:
danelsan

Re: Mega Man X

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am The game ended up with even more sequels than Mega Man did
This is no longer true at this point, since we are now up to Megaman 10 (with Megaman 11 announced recently).
Jabroniville

Boomer Kuwanger & Launch Octopus

Post by Jabroniville »

BOOMER KUWANGER
PL 10 (141)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 7 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+13)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 (Semi-Difficult Base), Improved Critical (Boss Attack), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Robotic Frame" Protection 8 [8]

"Boomerang Cutter" Blast 7 (Feats: Homing 2, Ricochet 2) (18) -- [19]
AE: Teleport 5 (Feats: Change Direction) (11)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Boomerang Cutter +10 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Homing Missiles)- Boomer Kuwanger takes extra damage from the Homing Missiles.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 40 + 19 / Defenses: 11 (141)

-Okay, so to answer your natural first question, a "kuwanger" is short for kuwagata, the Japanese name for the Stag Beetle. Hence his samurai-like appearance, as samurai armor often took inspiration from these heavily-armored insects. Boomer's stage is a really vertical one, and is VERY tough to beat unless you have the right weapons, as the enemies are often in very odd formations in very tightly-packed rooms, so you might need Area or Homing attacks to make your way through. The character himself is much skinnier than most Robot Masters, being a quick fighter who teleports about and throws a Boomerang (which is also his helmet's crest). The Boomerang Cutter you get is a pretty crappy weapon, as most Boomerang weapons are in these games. Use the Homing Missiles instead.

Bestows the:
"Boomerang Cutter" Blast 7 (Feats: Homing 2, Ricochet 2) (Extras: Multiattack) [25]

LAUNCH OCTOPUS
PL 10 (152)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 (Semi-Difficult Base), Improved Critical (Boss Attack), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Tentacles" Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Underwater) [2]
Swimming 6 [6]

"Marine Tornado" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder) Linked to Move Object 5 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Towards Him) (30) -- [32]
  • AE: "Homing Torpedo" Blast 7 (Feats: Homing 4, Ricochet, Split 2) (21)
  • AE: "Leech Life" Weaken Strength 7 (Extras: Affects Objects) (14)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Marine Tornado +10 Area (+10 Damage & +5 Move Object, DC 25 & 15)
Missiles +10 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Leech Life +10 (+7 Weaken, DC 17)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Boomerang Cutter)- Launch Octopus takes extra damage from the Boomerang Cutter. Being hit with it three times will destroy his tentacles!
Weakness (Rolling Shield)- The Rolling Shield will disrupt Launch Octopus's swimming.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 25 / Powers: 40 + 42 / Defenses: 11 (163)

-Launch Octopus has a stage with some very tough enemies- large submarines that can push or pull you onto spikes (which are as deadly to X as they are to Mega Man). It also features some very cool huge Water Dragons that are comprised of mechanical spheres- you can jump on their backs and shoot them in the head, producing some cool explosions. Launch Octopus himself has a pretty cool design, very similar to the Battle Beast Octopus- he even has a cool taunt where he does the "point at you and thumbs down" thing, but with his tentacles. His attacks are quite simple- leap across the screen, let out a huge Invincible Cylinder Of Energy (a whirlwind, basically), and shoot Missiles that you can blast down.

Bestows the:
"Homing Torpedo" Blast 7 (Feats: Homing 4, Ricochet) (Extras: Multiattack) [27]
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

danelsan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am The game ended up with even more sequels than Mega Man did
This is no longer true at this point, since we are now up to Megaman 10 (with Megaman 11 announced recently).
I'm also including the four Zero games :).
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:44 pm
danelsan wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:28 pm
I'm also including the four Zero games :).
I really wish those would get remade for something more powerful than the GBA...
(and I mean PC/actual consoles, not just a more modern portable)
Jabroniville

Sting Chameleon & Armored Armadillo

Post by Jabroniville »

STING CHAMELEON
PL 10 (145)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 8 (+14)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 (Semi-Difficult Base), Improved Critical (Boss Attack), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 9, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Prehensile Robo-Tongue & Tail"
Extra Limbs 2 [2]
Reach 1 [1]
Movement (Wall-Crawling) 1 [1]

"Raining Spikes" Blast 5 (Feats: Indirect- From Above) (Extras: Multiattack) (16) -- [18]
  • AE: "Triple-Spikes" Blast 6 (Feats: Split, Accurate) (14)
  • AE: Concealment 2 (Visuals) (4)
Offense:
Spikes +13 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Boomerang Cutter)- Sting Chameleon takes extra damage from the Boomerang Cutter.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 25 / Powers: 40 + 22 / Defenses: 13 (145)

-My favorite design of the Mega Man X bad guys is Sting Chameleon- his segmented tail, frilled head and odd movements make him really distinctive, and his Boss Fight portion is quite inventive, as he keeps going invisible. Hanging from the top of the screen, he can fire out triplicate spike shots, or make the ceiling rain spikes on you- players consider this by far the hardest of the Maverick boss fights. The weapon you get from him, Chameleon Sting, is among the best in Mega Man history- a powerful triple-beam that fires diagonal and straight shots that go across the screen, it can be charged... rendering you INVULNERABLE for a short period of time! Spamming this essentially lets you run freely through any stage you like, which is something I never noticed playing it as a kid, because I have no recollection of that.

Bestows the:
"Charged Shot" Insubstantial 4 (20) -- [21]
  • AE: "Chameleon Sting" Blast 8 (Feats: Split 2) (18)

ARMORED ARMADILLO
PL 10 (143)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 (Semi-Difficult Base), Improved Critical (Boss Attack), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Armored Shell" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 7) [9]
"Forehead Ball" Blast 8 (16) -- [17]
  • AE: "Ball Form" Strength-Damage +4 (4)
Offense:
Ball Form +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Forehead Ball +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8 (+10 Shield, +4 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Electric Spark)- Armored Armadillo takes extra damage from the Spark- he will even become un-armored after one shot!

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 40 + 26 / Defenses: 10 (143)

-Now this guy has a fun stage- it's entirely full of mining carts, making the whole thing basically Sonic the Hedgehog with laser guns, as you go flying all over the place, blasting through all your enemies and then having to deal with annoying arc-ing Bat Robots! The Armadillo himself has a pretty good design, and spends much of the fight crashing around in Invincible Ball Form... unless you shoot him with Spark Mandrill's attack, at which point he loses the shell and is always vulnerable. Neat! Otherwise, he's a PL 9 Blaster with a PL 10 Ball attack, and is PL 10 defensively. He bestows upon you the Rolling Shield Blast, which alts off of a powerful Barrier.

Bestows the:
"Shield Barrier" Force Field 4 Linked to Damage Aura 4 (20) -- [21]
  • AE: "Rolling Shield" Blast 8 (16)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ah Megaman X.

One of those games I'd go back to all the time, along with Chrono Trigger and Zelda.

Though I was shocked to find out that Zero was a dude.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:07 pm Ah Megaman X.

One of those games I'd go back to all the time, along with Chrono Trigger and Zelda.

Though I was shocked to find out that Zero was a dude.
I can see how that would be surprise, with the long blond hair and the green jewel "boobs/nipples" haha
Spam

Post by Spam »

Ken wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:52 am
Jack of Spades wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 am I've been saying for a while that you can judge the health of the DCU by the presence of Ralph Dibney, the World-Famous Elongated Man. If your version of the DCU cannot tolerate Ralph's existence, then it is doomed. The same could be said of Lori. That's why I'm heartened to see Ralph appearing in The Flash this season. Maybe Lori will show up on Supergirl.
Or maybe Jerro, the merboy.
It's been all downhill after Beppo left.
Jabroniville

Chill Penguin & Flame Mammoth

Post by Jabroniville »

CHILL PENGUIN
PL 9 (141)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Arctic) [2]
"Ice Shot" Blast 8 (16) -- [18]
  • AE: "Ice Slide Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
  • AE: "Ice Sculptures" Create 6 (Feats: Innate) (13)
"Ice Storm" Environment 2 (Visibility 1, Cold 1) [4]

Offense:
Ice Slide +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Ice Shot +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Chameleon Sting)- Storm Eagle takes extra damage from the Chameleon Sting.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 40 + 24 / Defenses: 10 (141)

-Chill Penguin wins the "Most Obvious Starting-Stage Ever" award, as his stage gives you the Dash Boots, which are so important to X's fighting ability that you can't even skip this one if you tried- you have to come across Dr. Light's message-pod in order to pass the stage! This was a spine-tingling moment for me as a kid, as this pod reveals the holographic recording of the deceased Dr. Light, with some epic "Introspective/Sad/Nostalgic" Music playing, and you gain the boots that lets you hit a higher speed. The boss is fairly easy to pros, as Wall-Climbing means his "Throwing Ice Sculptures At You" trick is ineffective, and most of his attacks are just him sliding around in a straight line. His "Shotgun Ice" is a worthless weapon, as it's powerful but has no Multiattack.

Bestows the:
"Shotgun Ice" Blast 7 [14]

FLAME MAMMOTH
PL 10 (138)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Intimidation 9 (+9)
Perception 3 (+3)
Technology 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 10 (Semi-Difficult Base), Improved Critical (Boss Attack), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Robot Master Frame"
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Robotic Frame" Protection 9 [9]

"Fireball" Blast 9 (18) -- [20]
  • AE: "Earthquake" Affliction 9 (Athletics; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited to Grounded Targets) (9)
  • AE: "Tar Shot" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (16)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Fireball +10 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Earthquake +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Tar Shot +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +9, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Storm Tornado)- Flame Mammoth takes extra damage from the Storm Tornado.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 41 + 20 / Defenses: 9 (138)

-Flame Mammoth is enormous, but his stage is very easy if you beat Chill Penguin first, as it freeze the lava, allowing you to walk pretty much everywhere instead of relying on platforms and careful jumping. Mammoth sends out Earthquakes that stun you, tar to hold you steady (and thus make you vulnerable), and is generally just really huge, making him trickier to avoid. However, that added size makes him REALLY easy to hit, especially with his weakness. The Fire Wave you get from beating him is a short-range, close attack that does pretty good damage.

Bestows the:
"Fire Wave" Damage 9 (Feats: Reach) (Extras: Penetrating 6) [16]
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

If I recall, you can also use the Boomerang Cutter to cut off Flame Mammoth's trunk, preventing him from using the tar/oil shot.
Jabroniville

Ride Armor

Post by Jabroniville »

MEGA MAN X RIDE ARMOR (16 points):
Role: Bitchin' Powersuit
Powers:
Protection 5 (5)
"Power Punch" Damage 9 (9)
Leaping 1 (15 feet) (1)
Immunity 5 (Spikes) (5)
-- (20 points)

-The Ride Armor is one of the most distinctive and memorable bits in the original Mega Man X game- some enemies (such as Vile) inhabit such forms, but X can ride them HIMSELF, turning you into a one-robot wrecking-crew that can annihilate obstacles, enemies and more- even WALK ON SPIKES. Later games add modified versions that include Torpedos, Heat-Seeking Missiles, extra Leaping, and more.