Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jack of Spades

Re: Jab's Builds! (Chaos! Blizzard! Slashfang! Necrosan! Gargoyles!)

Post by Jack of Spades »

Dis gonna be gud.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sigma! Sauron! Diablo! Armadon! Chaos! Blizzard!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:20 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 pm wellllllllllllll hello there evil scantily clad lady
Unfortunately, that bad girl goes good in the end.
so long as she dresses like that, i don't mind
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Definitely looking forward to this. Gargoyles is definitely one of the best tv series (animated or not) ever, and probably my favorite television show of all time. I do agree that other shows have an edge on it in certain respects (better fight choreography, consistently better animation, better humor, etc.) but Gargoyles overall balance makes it a superior show.

Batman: TAS, for instance, has some of the strongest single episodes in all of television, but there are some forgettable ones, and the revamped episodes once they brought in Tim Drake suffered a huge decline in quality. Moreover, Batman: TAS never really allowed for story-arcs, character growth and the like. Similarly, Avatar had a strong myth arc, but it's first seasons of both Last Airbender and Korra both suffered from growing pains and trying to find their feet. The Simpsons is funnier, but has begun to collapse under the weight of its own bloated run. Overall it's hard to think of a show that does everything Gargoyles does so well. It's like the Jack of All Trades of TV shows: there are people who might be a little smarter, a little funnier, a little stronger, but no one who combines it'

Gargoyle's biggest problem, to me, was that third season no one likes to talk about, which had all of two good episodes: the last one written by Greg Weisman, and the one where Hudson is going blind and gets some help from his blind friend, who reveals he figured out Hudson was a Gargoyle.

Overall though, Gargoyles is an excellent series, and one I definitely include in any "merged" settings I do. It's a very unique blend of urban-fantasy, sci-fi and pseudo-superheroes, being almost pulp-esque in certain respects.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Coming up with a top 10-20 list of animated series would be tough for me, but if I stuck to strictly western series, it would likely include:

Gargoyles
Batman TAS
Justice League / JLU
The Batman
Batman - The Brave and the Bold
Avengers : Earths Mightiest Heroes
The Spiral Zone
The Real Ghostbusters
Exosquad
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Shazam
Star Wars - The Clone Wars
Samurai Jack
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales (classic AND the reboot)

. . . jeez, I might have to think about this some more . . .
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Gargoyle Stats

Post by Jabroniville »

Powers & Appearances in the Gargoyles-verse:
The show has a pretty consistent terminology of powers, with most characters being around the same power-level, with only accuracy & skill making the differenc- basically, this means that Power Level is often more due to Close Combat than anything else. The world is a good bit more realistic than most comic book universes, as even super-strong beings are in the bottom-tier of Comic Book Strength (save some, like Oberon or The Golem), and nearly anyone can cause damage to anyone else.

The Garg-verse is a bit lower PL-wise than say, Marvel or DC Comics. It's actually MUCH more realistic (in spite of all the magic)- even the best fighters would be in deadly danger from armed humans. Therefore, Gargoyles characters are closer to PL 9, with only real elites hitting PL 10. Comparing them to the heroes of the Marvel Universe is tough- it's just that Daredevil lives in the Marvel World where one lone guy can beat 20 ninjas by himself, and can compete with all these flying super-humans. The Manhattan Clan are probably one PL lower than I've statted at the beginning of the series- this is them with some experience under their belts (the Trio in particular were just kids when they started- with almost no experience).

Strength in the Gargoyles Universe:
* Most of the Top-Tier guys in strength were fairly equal- Goliath, Coldstone, Thailog, Wolf & early Coyote, most of whom would grapple with each other in a recurring "Test of Strength" pose. Below them were Broadway & Hudson (and probably Demona). Under that were Brooklyn & Angela. The weakest Gargoyle was Lexington, who was still stronger than most any human being (he could bend a pistol in one hand).

* Strength is a bit hard to determine in M&M, even in 3e, with it's wider variance between the levels above Human Maximum (in 2e, I was stuck giving many Gargoyles Human-level strength just to avoid a log-jam at "just above Peak Human"). There's a big gap between 800 lbs. and 1,600 lbs., for example, and it gets even MORE dramatic in a few ranks. High-powered Gargoyles like Goliath & Broadway are STAGGERINGLY more powerful than humans, but if you go too high, suddenly they're lifting 3 tons over their heads with ease, which is just too much for casual depictions. Either one can grapple with Coyote 1.0 (strong enough to tear a metal gate off by its hinges) and Coldstone (picked up a mid-sized car over his head and threw it almost 20 feet). Broadway himself is strong enough to pry open an elevator's doors, grab the cable, and HAUL the box up the shaft (hee hee... "shaft"). Goliath can reduce stone objects to powder, and both are strong enough to pick up a human one-handed and casually punch him out like he's nothing. High-tier Gargoyle charactes tend to have Strength 6 (3,200 lbs.) with an extra rank of hitting power- mechanical beings are straight-up Strength 7 thanks to their rotors and hinges and stuff- they need less dramatic Extra Effort to lift 3 tons (the Strength 7 benchmark). Coldstone's car-toss is probably the greatest Strength Feat of a recurring character, while Goliath's is probably ripping off the mechanical shovel of a Loader and flying off with it, in MID-FLIGHT.

* Smaller Gargoyles are still much stronger than humans of similar size. Even tiny Gargoyles like Lexington (about the size of a twelve-year-old boy) are easily Peak Human Strength, capable of tossing human beings for several feet, and bending metal guns with their bare hands (something matched only by World's Strongest Man types in real life, who can bend frying pans).

* This world is very light on the "Power Attack" Advantage- things like Armour and high protection are hard things to surpass, and the world is much more realistic in terms of what can do damage. As most Gargoyles are already quite strong (ST 5-6 on average), they typically only use the standard +2 Power Attack at-best, which puts them a bit below Marvel Comics Super-Humans. Any exceptional showings seem to be Extra Effort.

* Gargoyles seem to get a bit bigger & stronger with age- Brooklyn in a "Possible Future" episode was noticeably larger than his modern incarnation (which is a Teenager). However, there are certain "caps", with some Gargoyles being naturally much larger. Goliath is easily the largest Gargoyle seen in the entire series, and the strongest, but Broadway could theoretically match him someday (and Hudson may have in his youth). Most of the "Background" Gargoyles seen are mid-tiers a bit larger & tougher than Brooklyn, particularly what Coldstone used to look like, or the guys in Demona's second Clan in Scotland. Griff & Leo of the English Clan appear to equal that general "really big guy" size as well.

Durability:
* Despite their strength, Gargoyles are vulnerable just like people- lasers & electrical attacks are the bane of the entire race, and bladed weapons and human fists will still cause a degree of pain. Even the uber-tough Goliath, who impressively stopped a human's sword-swing by grabbing the blade with his bare hand, bled from the effort.So they're tougher than people by a good degree, but not VASTLY so (smaller Gargoyles can be temporarily KO'd by good human martial artists).

Other Powers & Drawbacks:
* Gargoyle Flight: Not true "Flying", Goliath tells Elisa that they merely Glide from high places. They can't just lift off from ground level for the most part, but it isn't truly "Gliding" in the sense of the M&M Flaw on Flight- once they get going, they can basically keep Flying permanently. This is basically a one-point Quirk instead- disallowing easy lift-offs, but requiring a 20-30 foot head-start. Pretty much any Gargoyle is more naturally at home whilst Flying- they have the Favoured Environment Advantage, giving them a PL boost to hit or dodge in those circumstances. As Gargoyles often have to fight on the ground, they don't always get to use it.

* Most Gargoyles have claws that are quite powerful, designed to rend steel. The claws tend to not to extra damage, but have the Penetrating Feat to allow the peeling of armour plating (this happens A LOT), but it's Distracting, as it usually requires the Gargoyle to hunker down, grab with two hands and go all "GRARRRRRR!!!" with the effort. Said Claws allow for Wall-Crawling at a fairly slow speed.

* Gargoyles have Low-Light Vision, allowing them to see better at night- they ARE creatures of darkness, after all, and have never seen the sun. They also have Tails, which act as Extra Limbs of sorts- they can grab and trip people even while their arms are pinned, as well as do the occasional "sweeping trip" attack on a pile of Mooks.

* All Gargoyles become Stone By Day, which is a big-time Complication. Anyone with a blunt weapon (generally a hammer or a mace) could effortlessly wipe out a whole clan while they are in this state. However, this allows them to heal old wounds- a Limited Regeneration effect (granted, most characters in M&M could recover from said injuries given a whole night to recover as well).

Gargoyle Appearance:
* Gargoyles have a fascinating bunch of physical appearances- as a kid, I was obsessed with all the "types" you can see, and it's still cool to go "ooh, that's a new wing-design!" or "a unique head crest! Interesting..."

* Gargoyle appearance is typically Humanoid, with Digitigrade legs (ie. Dog & Cat-like with a very long foot, standing on the toes- most females have significantly more human-like legs, resembling curvy women with big-ass feet), long tails and bat-like wings that extend from above the shoulder-blades (Lexington is the only one seen whose wings are a part of his arms, extending like a Flying Squirrel or Flying Reptile). Some wings have noticeable "fingers", while others appear as one solid stretched-out flap of skin (Goliath's are fairly bat-like, but Brooklyn has wings like a Pteranodon). Thus, Gargoyles are the only vertebrates with more than four limbs.

* Scottish Gargoyles typically have monochromatic skin of various colours- usually Earth-y tons like greys and browns, with a few notable examples of purple (Goliath, Angela), blue (Demona), lime-green (Broadway) & green-brown (Lexington) contained within the Main Cast, to make them look more interesting. Faces tend to be human-like (especially Goliath, Angela & Demona), but many are beak-y (Brooklyn, some background guys), and many have pronounced muzzles (Broadway). One girl has a Triceratops-like head-crest (Ophelia), and there are numerous head spines and horns throughout (Brooklyn grows some larger ones in later in life). Some are bald-headed, while others have hair- Hudson has an actual beard.

Other Clans:
* English Gargoyles are animalistic and have feathered wings- the ones we meet are a Lion, Unicorn & Griffon (unsurprisingly, the symbols of England), with a Warthog and a Stag being seen later in the comics. South American Gargoyles are more serpentine, in fitting with Quetzalcoatl (one even has the lower body of a snake), along with very spike-y bodies and large head-crests. Japanese Gargoyles tend to be like Scottish ones, with typically-elongated "asian" eyes and long black hair, effectively looking like... Japanese Gargoyles.
Jabroniville

Goliath

Post by Jabroniville »

GOLIATH
Played By:
Keith David
Role: The Leader, Supreme Bad-Ass
PL 10 (144)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Aerobatics 5 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Warrior) 5 (+7)
Expertise (History) 3 (+5)
Expertise (Magic) 3 (+5)
Insight 1 (+4)
Intimidation 10 (+14)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Last Stand, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown, Teamwork

Powers:
"Gargoyle Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (Quirks: Gliders) [3]
"Hitting Power" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Defenders of the Night" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Strong Legs" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]
"Long Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]

"Piercing Claws"
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) [3]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +10

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Relationship (Elisa Maza)- Goliath & Elisa have grown incredibly close over their years together, creating an unspoken bond (in part because Elisa doesn't want to speak of it).
Relationship (Angela, Daughter)- Goliath is brusque with his biological daughter at first, insisting that Gargoyles are children of "the entire Clan" and that their relationship is nothing special in Gargoyle terms. Despite that, Angela will not have it, and Goliath finds himself becoming intensely protective of his child.
Relationship (Hudson)- Goliath worshipped his elder for years, and had to be convinced to take up the leadership. Even now, he takes any advice he can get from the Elder Statesman of the Clan.
Relationship/Enemy (Demona)- Goliath loved his "Angel of the Night" very deeply, and her eventual betrayal was a deep blow to him. He becomes one of her greatest enemies eventually, though he was constantly tempering his rage to start over.
Responsibility (Last of Their Kind)- Goliath and The Manhattan Clan are among the last Gargoyles alive (a list that happily grows larger over time).
Responsibility (The Manhattan Clan)- Clans are Serious Business to Gargoyles. Mess with one, you mess with them all. As the Leader, Goliath has intense responsibilities.
Prejudice (Monster)- Gargoyles are very frightening to human beings.
Honor- Goliath is a creature of great honor, and he despises lying or cheating to get his way. When he gives his word, he intends to keep it.
Responsibility (Temper)- Goliath is among the most level-headed of all the Gargoyles seen in the series. However, pissing him off is a SPECTACULARLY bad idea, and will provoke an implacable rage.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 22 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 15 (144)

-Goliath is the main character of Gargoyles, being central to most of the episodes, and appearing in almost every one of them. He was an AWESOME lead character- very much your typical cartoon leader in many respects, taking a page out of the Transformers, G.I. Joe & Dino-Riders playbooks, in that The Leader is the most competent & best all-around member by far; loyal, honorable, brave & strong, etc. But rather than be a Boring Leader Guy, they just added layer after layer onto him.

-For example, he loved Demona very much, and was crushed by her supposed death, and then her betrayal. He was furious at the death of his Clan, and Xanatos' later betrayal... yet no matter his anger, he could never bring himself to outright murder ("Killing in BATTLE is one thing!", "I cannot make war on an entire WORLD!"), and he was still able to trust others afterwards, no matter how guarded he became. He admired his younger charges' youth and spirit, but could and would lay down the law if necessary. But when push came to shove, you absolutely HAD to have Goliath on your side.

-And that VOICE! Goliath was voiced with PHENOMENAL skill by Keith David- he had the deep baritone that gave credence to his dialogue, and the vicious, terrifying roar that would make ANYONE crap their pants. He could even be a little snide and funny at times ("Next time you fall in love with a woman, Macbeth... get a good look at her at night."). Goliath was epic, straight-up. David was so amazing that they didn't even have to make animal noises for his roars- he could do it in the recording booth. His voice commands respect, and he carries a wicked presence just from that baritone alone.

-Funnily enough, Goliath has a semi-substantial following among women for his raw hawtness. Part of it's THAT VOICE, but part of it's his stoicisim and relatively unflappable nature- Goliath is just THE BOSS, and can take pretty much everything. But despite that, he remains a creature with some passion- his romantic thing with Demona, and the obvious chemistry between him and Elisa, makes him a very romantic figure as well.

-Goliath is the upper-tier Gargoyle, and I was considering many possible PLs for him (many in this case means two). I settled on PL 10 offensively and PL 9 defensively, because human-level characters often gave him a bit of pressure (and he was still vulnerable to many things), but he was a nigh-unstoppable machine at times (beating tons of Halcyon Reynard's Robots at once, etc.). Goliath himself is still a monster- he's strong, tough, good on the attack, has a bunch of minor powers.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

hes also highly intelligent and willing to learn as shown several times through the series. he doesn't just bash his way through things, he thinks, I'm pretty sure he got hold of a copy of Sun Tzus art of war somewhere because he at times matches his opponents in the tactical fights even if guys like Xanatos are a few steps ahead in the strategic game.

Still Goliath shows that he learns from these encounters, and is willing to learn from modern history as well spending most of his time reading.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Goliath was an interesting leader in that, while having most of the qualities of the typical 80s leader like Optimus Prime, Goliath was also flawed in many respects. He could lose his temper, be stuborn about certain things, made mistakes, etc. But he was also damned clever, as his rivalry with Xanatos forced him to become more cunning. He's just an awesome character.

Strength was always hard to gauge in the Gargoyles setting. On the one hand, you rarely see them powerlift stuff superhero style (though I wonder if that's just a Greg Weisman thing, since it didn't happen a lot in Young Justice or Spectacular Spider-Man either). On the other, you'd also see Goliath do things like smash the ground hard enough to send a shockwave through it, enough to make the entire area shake and make a deformation trench. You don't even see Spider-Man types do that.

I think in a shared universe setting, Spider-Man would be about the strength of an "average" gargoyle like Brooklyn or Demona, while Goliath would be in that "slightly stronger" category like the Scorpion, but not "Venom" strong. Whether that means making Peter weaker or the Gargoyles stronger depends, but a lot of the "skilled humans fighting super strong foes" bit is something right out of comics.

L-Space

Re: Gargoyle Stats

Post by L-Space »

Man, Gargoyles was an awesome show, I really need to go back and rewatch it.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I just want it noted, I am not gay for Keith David. At all. I don't want to hear that smooth baritone in my ear as I get massaged by those big, strong arms...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So.. most people know the 80s action sci fi movie

A lot of the time, they think of this guy

Mr "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Fewer people think of his partner:

Yeah, that's Keith David. That's the guy that played Goliath. That's the guy with the incredible voice.

That's the guy that has been in Marvel's New Warriors, Greenleaf, Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, Rick and Morty, The Flash, Young Justice and many many more. IMDB has 283 acting credits for him since 1979.

Yeah, that's the guy.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

He lends his totally not-sexy voice to countless documentaries as well, plus he was the "is it the frank or the beans?" stepdad in There's Something About Mary.
Jabroniville

Brooklyn

Post by Jabroniville »

BROOKLYN
Played By:
Jeff Bennett
Role: The Regular Guy, Angry Young Man
PL 8 (122)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Aerobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 4 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Warrior) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 3 (+4)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 1 (+3)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Evasion, Fast Grab, Favoured Environment (Airborne), Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"Gargoyle Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (Quirks: Gliders) [3]
"Defenders of the Night" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Strong Legs" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]
"Long Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]

"Piercing Claws"
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) [3]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Responsibility (Last of Their Kind)- Brooklyn and The Manhattan Clan are among the last Gargoyles alive (a list that happily grows larger over time).
Responsibility (The Manhattan Clan)- Clans are Serious Business to Gargoyles. Mess with one, you mess with them all. As Goliath's new Second-In-Command, Brooklyn considers it his duty to protect the Clan- he bristles under many of the duties of Leadership, but can't escape them.
Prejudice (Monster)- Gargoyles are very frightening to human beings.
Obsession (Dating)- Brooklyn spends a lot of his time chasing after Gargolye-esque women, and kind of mopes around when it doesn't work out with the uninterested Maggie Reed.
Enemy (Demona)- An early character point for Brooklyn was his hatred for Demona, who manipulated him into nearly destroying The Clan. He never quite forgave her for it, and he tended to act foolishly in his desire for revenge.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 14 (122)

Brooklyn- The Most Normal Guy:
-Brooklyn was a really nice character, in that he didn't fit alot of the common stereotypes of the era. Under normal circumstances in a cartoon, this character slot would nearly ALWAYS be reserved for the super-brash and moronic Young Guy who would get captured all the time by taking stupid risks (think Yungstar from Dino-Riders, or what Kimber turned out to be on Jem & The Holograms). Brooklyn had that element to him, but he was more often a young warrior who overcame his impulses and balanced the needs of the team above his own. Unless Demona was involved, because they tossed in a weird subplot where she once tricked him into nearly killing Goliath, so now he HATES HER super-bad and attacks her on sight (I always felt that was kinda forced-characterization to get something out of him early-on in the series, but whatever).

-Brooklyn wasn't as silly as Broadway, as wise as Hudson, nor as happy or smart as Lexington. This leaves him one of the hardest members of the team to describe quickly (Lex is the spritely, friendly inventor; Broadway the Big Dumb Guy, Hudson the Tired Old Man, Goliath the "Optimus Prime"), but that's perfectly fine sometimes- he's one of the more popular characters for this reason. He was rather well-rounded, being friendly without being cheery, serious without being morose, brooding without being Batman, etc.

Brooklyn- The New Leader:
-He developed into a nice brooding leader-type when Goliath went missing, and chased after the Mutate Maggie Reed for a bit (his open interest in the opposite sex gave him some female admirers, believe it or not! It's always the inhuman weirdos...). He kind of hated the idea of being leader once he got it (the responsibility weighed heavily on him), but Hudson got him through it- in a great bit of acting from Ed Asner and the animators, Hudson kept badgering Brooklyn about what to do until he finally got PO'd enough to just take charge and make some decisions ("Is that an ORDER then, lad?" "... Yeah. I guess it is" *dramatic wing-fold, while Hudson smiles proudly*). Brooklyn finally proves his worth when he successfully leads the disparate Clan in battle against a renewed version of The Pack.

-Brooklyn was one of MANY potential Gargoyles Sequels created by Greg Weisman- in this case, he was meant to be time-tossed into Medieval Japan, where he'd meet a girl, fall in love, and father a brood of Gargoyle Babies with her. I always felt those were some cracked-up ideas of Greg Weisman's. But then, Gargoyles did a very big shift into the weird in it's later years. Naturally, FanFic writers ran away with this idea.

Brooklyn's Odd Stats:
-Brooklyn is noticeably a bit different from the Goliath/Hudson/Broadway powerhouse crew, in that he's a more accuracy-heavy (notice that because of the PL differences, he's equal in Skill to Goliath, but a good bit weaker, meaning he'll lose pretty hard if they fight), smaller fighter, focusing on his speed and relative strength. Very middle-of-the-road, though many "Standard" adult male Gargoyles (Gabriel, the guys in Demona's second Clan, and the foreign Clans) are often quite a bit larger than Brooklyn is. He's a fair bit stronger than a normal person- Strength 5 is enough to lift 1,600 lbs., allowing him to replicate some of the strength feats in the show, like catching a punch with one hand and just chucking a guy down a ramp- it gives him the relative power of Captain America, with more overall lifting ability. His interpersonal skills need some work (he actually drew the most negative reactions of the Clan, whereas Lex & Broadway were friendlier), but he's one of the quickest of his crew, and his Advantages are nearly all based around moving about at high speeds, as well as teamwork.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ares wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:58 pm Coming up with a top 10-20 list of animated series would be tough for me, but if I stuck to strictly western series, it would likely include:

Gargoyles
Batman TAS
Justice League / JLU
The Batman
Batman - The Brave and the Bold
Avengers : Earths Mightiest Heroes
The Spiral Zone
The Real Ghostbusters
Exosquad
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
Shazam
Star Wars - The Clone Wars
Samurai Jack
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales (classic AND the reboot)

. . . jeez, I might have to think about this some more . . .
The 2003 TMNT, Clone Wars, Avengers: EMH and JLU were all great shows.
I remember enjoying the 2002 He-Man series but haven't seen it since so I can't say if it was actually good or not.

I was obsessed with the 90's X-Men cartoon, looking back now I realise how much of an impact that show has had on my life.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:11 am He lends his totally not-sexy voice to countless documentaries as well, plus he was the "is it the frank or the beans?" stepdad in There's Something About Mary.
And he was Keith the Handyman in a handful of episodes of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.