Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Elisa! The Pack! The Labyrinth Clan! Bluestone!)

Post by Ares »

The comic did some work expanding on the Illuminati, with some interesting concepts. They had a literal pyramid hierarchy, with everyone being given a number for their tier. So you had a single #1 at the top, a pair of #2's, a trio of #3's, etc. It was Illuminati protocol to announce your rank to each other on meeting to establish seniority and authority. From what I remember, Xanatos was somewhere in the 30's.

And because of the way it was set up, the max number of Illuminati members they could have at one time? 666.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:30 pm The comic did some work expanding on the Illuminati, with some interesting concepts. They had a literal pyramid hierarchy, with everyone being given a number for their tier. So you had a single #1 at the top, a pair of #2's, a trio of #3's, etc. It was Illuminati protocol to announce your rank to each other on meeting to establish seniority and authority. From what I remember, Xanatos was somewhere in the 30's.

And because of the way it was set up, the max number of Illuminati members they could have at one time? 666.
Interestingly enough, this means that there were only 36 ranks (36 being the triangular number of 666) and Xanathos was actually pretty low in the hierarchy.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

And now I want to work the Illuminati into my homebrew setting.....
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 pm And now I want to work the Illuminati into my homebrew setting.....
I ABSOLUTELY did. I loved the whole idea behind it.

Here's the review of their big episode:

Revelations: Hahah, I love this one. It totally gave me an appreciation for whacko conspiracy theories and the Illuminati- I was almost kinda sad that the idea's been done before (and is based off of real conspiracy stuff), because it seemed original to Teenage Jab at the time. At least if I rip the idea off for my own stuff, it doesn't seem plagiaristic of any one thing ('course, Weisman admits that this episode freely ripped off an old "Avengers" episode with the "Hotel Cabal"). I never liked how Matt had to basically be all "I'll keep your secret if you do me A FAVOR", but at least he explained it afterwards with his whole plan. And at least Elisa was willing to admit why she hid the Gargoyles from EVERYBODY (even people she trusted). The Hotel itself is like a better, more crazy version of what Arcade throws out in Marvel Comics. I love that I can now recognize the DCAU's "Alfred", Ephram Zimbalist Jr. as Mace Malone.
Jabroniville

Angela

Post by Jabroniville »

ANGELA
Played By:
Brigitte Bako
Role: The New Girl
PL 8 (118)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Aerobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+3)
Expertise (Warrior) 3 (+4)
Insight 1 (+2)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Evasion, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Gargoyle Wings" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) (Quirks: Gliders) [3]
"Defenders of the Night" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
"Strong Legs" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Healing At Night" Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Limited to During the Stone-Sleep) [2]
"Long Tail" Extra Limb 1 [1]

"Piercing Claws"
Strength-Damage +0 (Feats: Penetrating 6) (Flaws: Distracting) [3]
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Stone By Day)- All Gargoyles are forced into a stone "hibernation" during the day- they will become unaware of their surroundings and immobile during this time, and are incredibly vulnerable. As a bonus, they appear to be harmless stone statues (which almost never go noticed by people as odd).
Relationship (Father, Goliath)- Angela wants a real father-daughter relationship with Goliath, which he rejects by Gargoyle custom. Eventually, the two do grow close.
Relationship (Broadway)- The two hook up as the series winds down, and will eventually bear offspring.
Responsibility (More Human Than Gargoyle)- Angela was raised by humans, and as such, has little knowledge of Gargoyle culture. She acts like a human, and expects relationships to go accordingly.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 14 (118)

-Angela was a second season addition to the Gargoyles cast, once the focus shifted from the Manhattan Clan to "Goliath & Co. travel the globe to fight every mythological figure ever because Weisman and his buddies chose Folklore as a Major in College". She's one of the Eggs that disappeared in the show's initial arc, now given the classic "Age to adulthood" that all comic character children ever have recieved (though this is one of the more clever explanations for it), and she's Goliath's daughter. Of course, ol' Goliath thinks that all the Gargoyles in the clan should share "fatherhood" but that's not how Angie (who was raised by humans) sees it. She's sort of the "Elisa" of this part of the series, now being the naiive outsider who gets everything explained to them, such as why nobody wants to talk about her Mom, whomever she is.

-Angela was a nice little character, really, and a solid addition to a testosterone-heavy cast of misfits. More calm than most of the Boys, she was nonetheless more trusting and innocent than they were. Her naivete was charming in the "World Tour" episodes, and the fact that she was raised by humans, and had THEIR culture, was a concern to Goliath (who rebuffed her efforts at getting paternal love out of him... until he finally caved. And then, when she was injured by The Hunters, he reminded everyone just how scary a friggin' Gargoyle could BE).

-Angela finally joins the Manhattan Clan near the end of the series, and is immediately annoyed when the three available young men basically throw themselves at the only available woman in the entire universe. This quickly annoys her ("DON'T CALL ME ANGIE!!!"), but she eventually sets up with Broadway, leaving poor Brooklyn out of luck in the romance department yet again. Angela was alright, though probably my least favorite of the core group. Brigitte Bako says she still gets more fan letters about her role in Gargoyles than any of her prior work, and considering some of that consists of a movie where a snake crawls up her naked torso, that's a pretty impressive feat.

-Angela stats up mostly like Brooklyn, as they're comparable sizes, though she gives up a tiny bit of strength to him. She's an excellent team player; she spent her fighting days as a member of the Avalan Clan against the Archmage (can't really stat him up, by the way- it's basically "Variable Power" with all that crap he has on him) and spent the rest of her time teaming with Goliath, Elisa & Bronx on the World Tour. So she's pretty strong, very fast, and has a good set of skills, despite being raised far outside our world.
Jabroniville

Princess Katharine

Post by Jabroniville »

PRINCESS KATHARINE
Played By:
Kath Soucie
Role: The Mother Figure/The Bitchy Princess
PL 1 (30), PL 3 (30) Defenses
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA -1 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Royalty) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 4 (+4)
Treatment 4 (+6)

Advantages:
None (Formerly Benefit 3- Status as Princess)

Offense:
Unarmed +1 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (DC 12), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness -1, Fortitude +0, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Eggs)- Her bitchiness having led to the destruction of Goliath's entire Clan, and the spell that froze them, Katharine is now devoted to repentance- she swore to guard the Gargoyle Eggs with her life. She is a devoted mother-figure to the Eggs even into their adulthood.
Relationship (Tom)- Katharine Knighted Tom as a young lad as "Guardian of the Eggs". As they grew older, the two fell in love.

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (30)

-Princess Katharine was an interesting one-shot character that turned into something more. We first saw her as an example of the "hateful humans" who always held a prejudice against the Gargoyles- her attitude led directly to The Captain & Demona's betrayal of the Castle, and eventually the Gargoyles' lives were destroyed. As a result, the repentant Princess devoted herself to the care of the Eggs, which are later recorded as "gone" according to history.

-It would turn out later that The Princess and her Guardians carried the Eggs to the magic isle of Avalon, where she fell in love with young Tom (this was a curious and unique thing- most shows don't have a young boy growing up to love the woman who more or less raised him after a point- the genders are usually reversed) and became a kind, protective mother. She's not exactly a combatant or anything, but she develops some people skills in her old age (which were DECIDEDLY not in place in her youth in Scotland).
Jabroniville

Tom

Post by Jabroniville »

TOM, GUARDIAN OF THE EGGS
Played By:
J.D. Daniels (young Tom), Gerritt Graham (older Tom)
Role: The Father Figure/Plucky Child
PL 7 (76)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Knightly Guardian) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 1 (+4)
Perception 3 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Equipment 3 (Sword, Shield, Armour), Interpose, Ranged Attack 5

Equipment:
"Sword" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (4)
"Shield" Enhnaced Dodge & Parry 2 (4)
"Armour" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (+9 Shield, DC 17-19), Parry +7 (+9 Shield, DC 17-19), Toughness +3 (+5 Armour, +3 Imperivous), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Eggs)- Tom liked the Gargoyles even as a boy, and became the Guardian of their Eggs around the same time. He is devoted to their care, even as they become adults.
Relationship (Katharine)- Katharine Knighted Tom as a young lad as "Guardian of the Eggs". As they grew older, the two fell in love.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (76)

-Guardian Tom is the young boy from "Awakening", all grown up and the father of sorts to Angela and the other "Eggs" (as he still calls them). He came to New York in search of Goliath, after living on the isle of Avalon, where time passes differently. He's a pretty skilled warrior, but below any of the major Gargoyles in the series. He can use his Knightly Skills fairly well, allowing him to do things like forge iron (creating a nifty little bell that allowed the heroes to defeat Oberon). He did the occasional neat thing, though- he willingly surrenders to the authority of a police officer as soon as he learns of the man's position, and he refuses to carry out the slaying of Oberon- "I'll nae kill a man while he's on his knees". This act of charity proves to Oberon that the Avalon Clan deserves to stay on his island.
Jabroniville

The Magus

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

THE MAGUS
Played By:
Jeff Bennett
Role: The Repentant/Arrogant Wizard
PL 9 (118)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 9 (+12)
Perception 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"The Grimorum Arcanorum" (Flaws: Easily Removble) [44]
Variable 12 (Flaws: Distracting) (72)
Features 1: Knows the Location of Avalon (1)
-- (73 points)

Sample Powers: Transform (Affliction Area, Permanent), Mind Control (Permanent)

"Using the Magic of Avalon" Variable 5 (Flaws: Tiring, Limited to Within Avalon's Borders) [25]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Magic +8 (+8-10 Damage, DC 23-25)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +1, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (The Eggs)- The Magus is repentant along with Katharine, and is devoted to the care of the eggs.
Relationship (Katharine)- The Magus has loved Katharine for years, but out of guilt (and realization of her love for Tom), he never did anything about it.
Power Loss (The Grimorum)- An extremely powerful Magic Item, the Grimorum requires you to actually read the spells while holding the book. You also have to speak aloud and gesture with the book.
Quirk (Nothing Is Forever)- Magic Spells that are seemingly permanent rarely are- Goliath and the Clan were frozen in stone "until the Castle rises above the clouds". Another spell was to last "until the sky burns." Both unlikely events- both possible with modern technology.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 69 / Defenses: 7 (118)

-The Magus was a snide douchebag for the first few episodes of the series, and his vengeance (he thought the Princess was killed) is what caused the Gargoyles to sleep for a thousand years- thinking that Princess Katharine had been killed, he punished the surviving Gargoyles by freezing them into stone "until the Castle rises above the clouds". When he discovers that the Princess had in fact survived, he was mortified, and his guilt only increased when a crushed Goliath asked the Magus to cast the same spell on him.

-Guilt-ridden, he repented, and joined Katharine's quest to defend the Gargoyle Eggs come hell or high water. Devoting his life to their care, he fought the Weird Sisters directly, gave up the Grimorum Arcanorum (the only source of power he had), and sadly watched as the woman he loved (Katharine) fell for their ally, Tom. He finally proved his worth in the end, bringing forth King Arthur, and act which caused his own death. The Magus now sleeps on Avalon in Arthur's stead.

-The Magus' power levels are hard to determine, as he did all sorts of neat stuff with the Grimorum (turning the powerful Weird Sisters to Owls, casting Illusions, casting a Permanent Affliction on the Gargoyles), but was kinda helpless without it, and even got easily taken down by the Vikings when they stormed the castle (which happened off-screen). Other characters could use the Grimorum as well- The Archmage & Demona chief among them- it's a Distracting Variable Effect, which makes it a rather inefficient way to do anything you want (it can be knocked out of your hands, and you have to lose your Dodge Bonus by actively reading from the pages and chanting in Year One Latin).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Question for when I do the Dinosaur Builds:

Any particular species you'd like to see. I of course stat out all the "famous ones", but do you have obscure ones you've enjoyed from some source or another? Even if they're pretty same-y compared to the other, more famous ones.

Real dinos only, please. No fictional ones.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

One thing I liked about Gargoyles was that there were rules to how things worked, magic included. Weisman mentioned somewhere that magic in Gargoyles couldn't create a permanent effect save for two instances: the effect was bound in a physical object (ie, the various magical items in the setting) or the condition of the spell had some kind of "out". Basically, the easier a spell is to break, the more stable it is, and every "out" has to be physically possible, even if somewhat improbable. So when the Magus cast a spell about turning the gargoyles to stone until "the castle rises above the clouds", another magic user might have simply called clouds down from the sky around the castle, technically making it rise above them.

It was a neat little way to ensure than anything more permanent than a Fireball spell had some way to be reversed.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ares wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 am One thing I liked about Gargoyles was that there were rules to how things worked, magic included. Weisman mentioned somewhere that magic in Gargoyles couldn't create a permanent effect save for two instances: the effect was bound in a physical object (ie, the various magical items in the setting) or the condition of the spell had some kind of "out". Basically, the easier a spell is to break, the more stable it is, and every "out" has to be physically possible, even if somewhat improbable. So when the Magus cast a spell about turning the gargoyles to stone until "the castle rises above the clouds", another magic user might have simply called clouds down from the sky around the castle, technically making it rise above them.

It was a neat little way to ensure than anything more permanent than a Fireball spell had some way to be reversed.
Yep and even then the Magic items always followed the " it has a destiny to fulfill" trope such as excaliber or the eye of odin etc etc. So that the heroes could never rely on such artifacts because they had a way of getting where they needed to be much like avalon itself sending the travelers where they were needed instead of home.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
brothersale

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 am Question for when I do the Dinosaur Builds:

Any particular species you'd like to see. I of course stat out all the "famous ones", but do you have obscure ones you've enjoyed from some source or another? Even if they're pretty same-y compared to the other, more famous ones.

Therizinosaurus cheloniformis and Liopleurodon ferox
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

brothersale wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:39 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:41 am Question for when I do the Dinosaur Builds:

Therizinosaurus cheloniformis and Liopleurodon ferox
Yup, they're on the list :).

Doing the Gargoyles builds reminds me of why I don't do builds for cartoons I've never seen- it's basically impossible to do the research unless you've actually seen every single episode. And even THEN there are mistakes- I needed help for Hyena & Jackal's gear years ago because I hadn't seen those episodes in a while (it was before the show was released on DVD), and just recently I found out that the Labyrinth Clan lost their tails and could Fly normally. And this is for a show where I have seen EVERY SINGLE EPISODE multiple times.

So yeah, there's no way in hell I could ever do Bionic Six (I haven't just never seen it; I don't even know what it IS), Exo-Squad (watched one episode a thousand years ago) or Rick & Morty (no interest in watching "Another Asshole Protagonist" show #9587, especially now that it's one of those "nerd things" that is just EVERYWHERE, no matter where you go).
Jabroniville

Halcyon Renard

Post by Jabroniville »

HALCYON RENARD
Played By:
Robert Culp
Role: Honest Businessman
PL 9 (29)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -2 AGILITY -4
FIGHTING -2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+13)
Expertise (History) 3 (+10)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+12)
Perception 1 (+4)
Technology 9 (+16)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (Wealth- Multi-Billionaire), Equipment 6 (Super-Chair), Inventor, Ultimate Technology Skill

Equipment:
"Super-Chair" (30 points)
Enhanced Dodge 4 & Parry 2 (6)
Speed 1 (4 mph) (1)
Flight 1 (4 mph) (Flaws: Hovering) (1)
"Laser Blaster" Blast 9 (Feats: Accurate 4) (22)

Offense:
Unarmed -2 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Laser +8 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative -4

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness -2, Fortitude -2, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (Integrity)- Halcyon's main schtick is integrity, honour and accountability- he hates it when people whine, shift blame, and lie. This obsession has cost him his wife Anastasia and daughter Janine, and left him fairly bitter.
Disabled (Dying)- Halcyon is wasting away, crippled without his Chair. Eventually, fear of death with cause him to break his own personal rules and steal the Jewish Golem of Prague.

Total: Abilities: 0 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (29)

-Halcyon was a neat side-character, adding a new aspect to the generic "Rival Company" in the series' premiere. Turns out that his Cyber-Biotics company, a rival of Xanatos Enterprises, was victimized by Xanatos, who had the Gargoyles act as his own personal agents to commit theft. And Cyber-Biotics, it turns out, is actually owned by Halcyon Renard, the father of FOX... Xanatos's wife! And she stands by while her David commits theft against Halcyon, who admits that he'd have just GIVEN her the company if she hadn't married who she married. It's a... complex relationship. Made even weirder by the fact that his lovely ex-wife is actually a friggin' Faerie Queen.

-In his debut, he captures Goliath, recognizing him as the monster who victimized his company a year ago. Goliath pleads ignorance and says that "it wasn't my fault!", but Renard is disgusted by this- pointing out that Goliath did the crime, and must therefore accept responsibility. His unique obsession towards integrity was a trait that Greg Weisman admires, and so we got preached to about it for a while. It was kind of awkward, though- constantly all about "NO! You must accept TOTAL BLAME and responsibility for your mistakes, no matter what!", even though he himself confesses that Goliath wouldn't be the first person Xanatos lied to. But nonetheless, I found it interesting- in a world where people shift blame and avoid taking responsibility ALL THE TIME, it's good to have SOMEBODY there teaching the kids (and adults) at home how to act. Keep in mind that the world is getting more and more obsessed with shifting blame as time goes on... we need more Renards.

-And when his #2, Preston Vogel, betrays him to Xanatos, he believes that nobody on Earth is worth trusting any longer... but both Goliath & Vogel pull Renard out of the fire and save his company in the end.

THE GOLEM
Played By:
Robert Culp
Role: Unstoppable Powerhouse
PL 10 (139)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA -- AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+13)
Expertise (History) 3 (+10)
Expertise (Business) 5 (+12)
Perception 1 (+4)
Technology 9 (+16)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Benefit 4 (Wealth- Multi-Billionaire), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Inventor, Power Attack, Ultimate Technology Skill

Powers:
"Unstoppable Golem"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 13 (Extras: Impervious 13) [26]
Features 2: Increased Mass 2 [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +13 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (Integrity)- Halcyon's main schtick is integrity, honour and accountability- he hates it when people whine, shift blame, and lie. This obsession has cost him his wife Anastasia and daughter Janine, and left him fairly bitter.
Disabled (Dying)- Halcyon is wasting away, crippled without his Chair. Eventually, fear of death with cause him to break his own personal rules and steal the Jewish Golem of Prague.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 11 (139)

-Halcyon possessing the body of the Golem of Hebrew Mythology (just like Marvel Comics, the only religion that ISN'T real is apparently the Christian one :)) is among the strongest beings in the entire Garg-verse- it's strong enough to grab a VTOL (Vertical Take-Off & Landing) ship ever so common to this universe in mid-flight, then viciously slam it into the ground, breaking the whole damn thing. He's a big, ponderous construct that doesn't have much in the way of agility, but he doesn't need it- he's virtually impervious to any harm capable of being dished out by even guys in Goliath's weight class. Put him into the Marvel Universe and he's a much more normal, basic guy, but HERE? He's just too tough.
Jabroniville

Preston Vogel

Post by Jabroniville »

PRESTON VOGEL
Played By:
Peter Scolari
Role: Right-Hand-Man
PL 2 (55)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 7 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+8)
Expertise (Business) 7 (+12)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 1 (+4)
Technology 8 (+13)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +1 (DC 11), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Loyalty to Halcyon Renard)- Preston Vogel is the ultimate Right-Hand Man at first- loyal, self-sacrificing and straight as an arrow.
Motivation (Money)- Vogel is a loyal lieutenant to Renard, and will only betray him for TONS of money. He also justifies several nasty operations (such as clear-cutting a Mayan forest) to get more of it.
Secret (Lack of Integrity)- Despite working for Renard, Vogel keeps many secrets from him, often engaging in practices the boss would likely find distasteful.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (55)

-Vogel is a stick-in-the-mud character, but a bit interesting nonetheless. He's basically like Owen Burnett (and is, in fact, the template for Owen), and yet another example of the Garg-verse's obsession with "Right-Hand Man" characters- you've got Owen, Brooklyn (sometimes Hudson), Glasses, The Shoulder-Pad Gargoyle in old Scotland, and now Preston. However, Preston's a bit corrupt, despite his boss being MISTER UPRIGHT AND HONOURABLE- he's later seen paying off Jackal & Hyena in fighting some anti-logging activists (ie. Gargoyles) in South America.