The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yeah, I know...I just...I need a clearer goal from our GM here. I have no idea why I feel so disconnected from the scene right now but I do...strange, yes, but I can't help it.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Sometimes it helps to read the game from the beginning. It's easy to loose sight of the larger picture when you're so focused on the scene at hand. Otherwise, I'd talk to Bladewind privately and see if you can figure out what the problem is.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:09 am Yeah, I know...I just...I need a clearer goal from our GM here. I have no idea why I feel so disconnected from the scene right now but I do...strange, yes, but I can't help it.
I will definitely help you out asap.
Thing is, you`ve wrapped the scene. I just need to figure out how to regroup you.

This scene was about finding out that parties are interested in Kyber Crystals...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Does that help, Neo?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm okay to skip. I'm not sure Rand learned anything of value. Hopefully he distracted to bad guys from spotting the others as ingenuine.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I didn`t want to drag that fight on too long as it was one on one, but it wound up being far shorter than I intended. Sorry about that !
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Onward, upwards and away?

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Yeah, I am all for going forward.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

So, where you okay how I handled Amy? She was mostly acting as a distraction so Lindsey could be more effective and doing it in a way that wasn't real obvious. Or at least so I hope. :twisted:

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Starguard seems to be AWOL - rumor has it he and his family are pretty sick, hope it's "just" the flu and they all get well soon - but IC he was given a trinket or two and had a conversation with someone else while you were having yours.

I have a solution in mind to get this moving again without ghosting Kal'annar. It should be up and ready to go by day's end, Internet and Snow gods permitting.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Hope it's not the gastro-intestinal version of the flu. Those suck.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I am awarding 2 PP for completion of this section to all players.
Jewel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed) to

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
PL 6/ 120 PP

Abilities
Strength 2,
Stamina 3,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Dark Elf Abilities: (2 points)
Enhanced Senses: Senses 2 [Dark-Vision]
Force Witch/ Emperor's Hand/ Sith Accolyte: (12 points)
Dark Side Sustenance: Immunity 2 [Aging, Poison; Limited to Half-Effect],
Dark Side Trickery: Concealment 2 [(Force Detection); Passive],
Force Senses: Senses 6 [(Ranged Acute, Analytical Detect Force, Ranged Detect Life)],
Force Leap: Leaping 2 [(30 ft)]
Alt: Force Speed: Speed 2 [(8 mph)]
Force Array: (21 points)
Force Lifting: Move Object 4 [(800 lbs); Damaging; Diminished Range 1; Subtle, Precise]
Alt: Force Lightning: Damage 7 [Ranged; Improved Critical 2 (18-20), Multi-Attack]
Alt: Force Choke: Affliction 8 [(Fortitude; Dazed/ Stunned/ Incapacitated); Sustained, Cumulative, Ranged; Diminished Range 1]
Alt: Mind Trick: Affliction 6 [(Will; Dazed/Compelled); Perception; Sense Dependent (Audio), Limited Degree; Subtle]
Gear: (4 points)
Sith Sword: Damage 3 [Strength Based; Indestructible, Dangerous (Improved Crit 19-20) Removable]
Force (Power) Stunts: (0 points)
Force Crush: Damage 5 [Ranged, Penetrating; Subtle, Accurate],
Force Push: Affliction 5 [(Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/ Prone & Stunned; Burst Area, Extra Condition; Limited Degree; Subtle]

Equipment
Weapons & Gear
Bow & Arrows: Damage 3,
Dagger: Damage 1 [Strength Based; Improved Crit (19-20)],
Armour: Protection 2

Advantages
Assessment 1,
Benefit 1 [Resourceful – As Inventor, using Investigation, Perception],
Contacts,
Defensive Attack 1,
Defensive Roll 1,
Equipment 2,
Evasion 1,
Fast Grab,
Improved Defense,
Improved Grab,
Improved Hold,
Improved Initiative 2,
Ranged Attack 3,
Ritualist [(Sith Sorcery – Use Expertise: The Force)],
Uncanny Dodge,
Well-Informed,

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8),
Athletics 6 (+8),
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+7),
Deception 7 (+9),
Expertise: The Force 7 (+8),
Expertise: Imperial Protocol 4 (+5),
Experties: The Sith 1 (+2)
Insight (+2),
Intimidation 5 (+7),
Investigation 4 (+5),
Perception 7 (+9),
Persuasion (+2),
Ranged Combat: Archery 2 (+7),
Stealth 7 (+11),
Technology 1 (+2),
Vehicles 1 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +12
Bow And Arrows +7, Damage 3
Sith Sword +7, Damage 5

Defense
Dodge 6,
Parry 6
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 1),
Fortitude 5,
Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 39 + Advantages 20 + Skills 19 + Defenses 9 = Total 131

Complications
Secret – Dark Side User
Reputation – She's a Dark Elf. She gets seen as either being a spider worshipping whack job or worse by a lot of people
The Dark Side – Calling on the Dark Side can give a HP in the right circumstances, but the cost of doing so is high and there will be a time when she is called to pay it.
MGS Kar’Anna suffers from MGS. Merge Gestalt Syndrome. She is an Earther, and while she was a successful business woman pre-Merge, her nerdy side seems to have meshed pretty well with alternate reality versions of herself.

Design Notes/ Background Notes
:arrow: Seems I'm repeating myself a little, but this is to reduce the impact of the retcon. By repeating myself, I'm talking about how in LSH I took on a female version of Intreprid, and here I'm sort of taking on a female version of Kal'annar.
:arrow: Speaking of taking on versions, her name came to me while I was looking at Kal's sheet... It struck me that Kal'annar was a play of sorts on Kal-El (or at least brought that name to mind). So I went with Kar'Anna, using Kara the same way.
:arrow: Although you can all see the sheet, her Dark Side Trickery enables her to not be seen as a Dark Side user. And indeed, she's more neutral than Dark. For now anyway.
:arrow: I did not have to pay for my Sword. It was one of two (part of the retcon) that the Inquisitor gave to us. I choose to have it as a device, although it was originally meant to be EP. I plan to have her develop the Deflection ability. I will have to pay for the sword with PP going forward though.
:arrow: She is/ will be Drow. For now, I'm playing it that she has a similar interest in all things Goa'uld just as Kal'annar does.
:arrow: I will be playing her and Kal'annar as equals for now. If/ when Starguard returns, we'll determine pecking order.
:arrow: I am in XP debt. My build comes in at 132 points... In addition to the 4 points for the Sith Sword, I am 3 points over. Unless we find a spot to trim those points, and if no one objects (Bladewind says you guys get final say) I am pretty much ready to go. (He's been over the build, but since he checks and almost writes all my builds, someone else's input can't hurt...) I will understand if you guys are against experience debt like that, after all I was given the full allotment of XP that you guys earned so far...
:arrow: I removed the link to the Emperor, for now. I imagine he’d love to get a hold on her, but I’ve been playing her more like a normal person with funky powers than a Drow Sith wannabe... so the changes won’t affect the character IC, but give me a good excuse why she isn’t as proficient as she seems to expect to be. That and a good reason for hanging around Kal’annar and then Amy... looking to establishe her identity.
Last edited by Jewel on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yeah, she could reduce saves, lose an advantage or two, but the character is pretty rounded at the moment.

She could turn the sword into ep and build it up when she buys Deflect, so that’s fine. As for the extra points, well, as she said, any objections?

BTW, the extra two points I just awarded to the group were her reminding me to do so and are thus not a coinkidink. I gave her all the earned xp because that’s pretty common.

To bring her in, I am retconning that she was with Kal’annar during his exchange. When she posts, she will need to post a check for her Well Informed advantage as well as her Expertise: Imperial Protocol skill.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

For Amy, Lindsey and Shannon, would they get 'Benefit, Black Dragon' or would that be more of a complication? :twisted:

Battle Init