Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Basilisk (Elks)

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:12 pm In other news, the talk of Emma Frost's outfit reminded me of someone else that looked pretty good in it:

'What if' the White Queen and Iceman had a child.
[/quote]
I haven't seen something so good since Stjepan Stejic released the new comic of Mercy... with WICKED REFERENCES!!!! Like, tons of them! Complete with Glinda & Elphaba images!!! And proof that he can draw more than one kind of face!!!
MacynSnow

Re: Blaze

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:52 pm Image

BLAZE (Kirk Donoghue)
Created By:
Peter David & Dwayne Turner
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #123 (Feb. 1987)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 6 (66)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2
I think Blaze would be perfect for either a PL 6-7 Street Game or as a member of something like The Sinister Syndicate,where he could be their "unofficial" seventh member.....
Jabroniville

Bishop

Post by Jabroniville »

BISHOP (Lucas Bishop)
Created By:
John Byrne, Jim Lee & Whilce Portacio
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #282 (Nov. 1991)
Role: The '90s Bad-Ass Anti-Hero, Team Cop, The Unfunny Guy
Group Affiliations: The X-Men, Xavier's Security Enforcers, O*N*E*, Interpol
PL 10 (181)
STRENGTH
4/7 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+12)
Deception 5 (+6)
Expertise (History) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Police Officer) 7 (+10)
Perception 4 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Investigation 7 (+10)
Ranged Combat (Firearms) 3 (+13)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 6 (+8)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Equipment 4 (Communications, Armour +1, Guns +6- Multiattack), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Gun), Improved Critical (Blast), Interpose, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Combat 5, Tracking

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Absorption & Redirection of Energy"
Blast 10 (Feats: Variable 2- Any Energy) (Flaws: Source- Energy Damage) [12]
Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaws: Source- Energy Damage) [6]
Immunity 40 (Energy Attacks & Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Three-Quarters-Effect) [30]
Immunity 2 (Time Effects) [2]
Super-Senses 2 (Time Sense, Location Sense) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Enhanced From Energy +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Energy Blasts +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Guns +13 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +9, Will +8

Complications:
Responsibility (Man Out of Time)- Bishop comes from seventy years in the future, and is often befuddled by modern sensibilities and morse. He's also not much of a joker.
Motivation (Justice, Extreme Style)- Bishop is a good cop for his own time, and has a "kill or be killed" mentality.
Motivation (Undoing His Future)- Bishop first attempts to prevent the murder of the X-Men by a traitor, and then the birth of a Mutant Messiah that will kill thousands and set the stage for an era of Mutants in internment camps.
Power Loss (Absorption)- Bishop can possibly be overloaded.
Rivalry (Gambit)- Bishop believed for a long time that Gambit was responsible for the betrayal of the X-Men, leading to their deaths in the future. Turns out it was Xavier-as-Onslaught.
Relationship (Shard)- Bishop is devoted to protecting his younger sister, even though she's just a sentient hologram.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 62 / Defenses: 20 (181)

Bishop- The Shittiest X-Man:
"You know, I only like the old X-Men! I don't like any of the new ones, like BISHOP."- me to a friend, shortly before realizing that Bishop was TWENTY YEARS OLD when I made that statement. Bishop's since become more notable for his early Jheri Curl haircut and failure since then.

-So Bishop was created as the first new X-Man of the Post-Claremont Era of the X-Books. Whilce Portacio was the big-name artist in charge of Uncanny X-Men, and the art team had been given the keys to the kingdom after drumming Chris Claremont out, and while Jim Lee got all the "cool" X-Men on HIS book, Whilce was stuck with the ones Jim DIDN'T want to draw... but was given the opportunity to make a new guy. A new, SUPER-NINETIES guy. While many of the X-Men had been given fashions and powers very iconic to the era (Gambit's longcoat, Wolverine's claws), none of them had GUNS, like Cable had over in X-Force, nor "Mutant Powers as an Afterthought", like Cable, Shatterstar, Domino and others... over in X-Force. And so after some dumb story involving time-traveling goof Trevor Fitzroy (which KILLS OFF ALL THE HELLIONS... but no, I'm not bitter), in walks this huge, muscular black dude with laser weapons and a killer instinct, and a Mutant Power basically tossed in (Energy Redirection, basically).

-Sean Howe, who wrote the excellent Marvel: The Untold Story, has stated that Bishop is his least-favorite book character ever- "They created a guy JUST to have a black guy on the team", he said. Though I never felt that as a kid- I just figured they wanted a Gun Guy, and came up with one. As Fitzroy came from the future, so did Bishop- he was a future police officer on Fitzroy's trail, coming in with a pair of disposable buddies who only lasted a handful of issues. And he proved his '90s-ness immediately, by gunning down dozens of evil mutant criminals and firing energy blasts at the remainder, frying guys left and right.

Bishop- Mistrustful Newbie:
-Bishop was recruited onto the X-Men after a conversation with Charles Xavier. Orphaned of his old group (The X.S.E.), he needed a place to stay, and Charles basically just told the X-Men he was on the team, and that was that. They put him on Storm's team (where he was an odd fit, to say the least), but he immediately got into it with Gambit, whom he recognized from his own future- see, in Bishop's timeline, the X-Men were dead- having been killed by a mysterious traitor. LeBeau, the future Gambit, was the "last man to see the X-Men alive", and Bishop openly suspected Gambit of doing the deed, leading to a large ongoing feud between the two men, as Bishop essentially hero-worshipped the fabled X-Men of legend. The "Who Killed The X-Men?" mystery was played up for YEARS, finally culminating with the "Onslaught" story.

-Pretty much everything with Bishop in this era was "I think Gambit is a traitor", "I want to kill the bad guys- why won't you let me kill all of them with my guns?" and "I thought the X-Men were SO AWESOME, but you guys are kind of soft". I found the character a bit boring and tiresome, and didn't think much of him. The X-Editors stuck him in a lot of crossovers in prominent roles (getting teamed with the '90s-style Wolverine & Cable in The X-Cutioner's Song, for example).

Bishop's Rise and Fall:
-Bishop had proven successful enough to get a "spin-off" character (his sister Shard, who lives on as a hologram in our time, having died in the future), his own book, and more. He was even central to the famous Age Of Apocalypse crossover, in which he was the only man to remember how time SHOULD have gone, waking up in a world without Xavier, and ruled by Apocalypse. Bishop eventaully saved the world, resetting the timeline. In the most inexplicable solo book of ALL TIME, we soon got a Bishop series. FRIGGING BISHOP GOT HIS OWN SOLO BOOK!! If that doesn't explain the near-death of comics in the 1990s, I don't know what does. The book only lasted a couple of years, which still seems like too long.

-The character having faltered and being set aside, he was nonetheless picked up by Claremont in his return, and he joined X-Treme X-Men (Claremont, for all his faults, was at least good about not discarding anything he himself did not create). He wasn't there long, however, and moved on to District X, a "Cop Book" featuring him as a detective in charge of "Mutant Town", a high-density mutant enclave in New York. This book failed very quickly. This led pretty much directly to a villainous turn for the character- he joined the Pro-Registration forces during Civil War, and then all of a sudden goes COMPLETELY EVIL, as it turns out that Hope Summers (the modern-day Mutant Messiah) is the mutant responsible for "Mutant Registration" and internment camps of Bishop's dark future- she killed millions in the "Six-Minute War", and all Mutants suffered because of it. So of course he decides to exterminate her as a baby. Bishop loses an arm to Predator X, engages in a feud with Cable (who is Hope's protector and adoptive father), and tries repeatedly to KILL A BABY, essentially going "Full Evil". This long, arduous story arc eventually leads to him being trapped in the future, but he returns under the control of the Demon Bear before being cleansed, and is now treated as a remorseful hero who protects Hope.

Bishop = Bleh:
-So after this insane final turn in the story of Bishop, I think we have one of those characters who's been sufficiently destroyed by insane story twists to the point where they should basically be untouchable. Like, when a guy's DEBUT is basically a mess of confusing stuff, you know you have a problem, but then they JUST KEPT GOING. Honestly, I usually just associate the character with failure- failed runs in an ill-advised solo book, that awful District X, and a short run in X-Treme X-Men. His one-note nature in Uncanny X-Men, where he spends all his time either being EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME or hating on Gambit. Being central to The Age of Apocalypse despite being the single least-memorable aspect OF it. Bishop is simply terrible, and the "Hope Summers/Baby-Killer" arc just cemented him as a dope, to the point where I wonder if the writer didn't specifically hate him as a character, and want to destroy him forever. I mean, if I hated a character, I don't think I could wreck them or their future success any better- Keith Giffen WISHES he could discredit Karate Kid as much as the Messiah Complex writers discredited Bishop.

-So ultimately, he's a '90s character. He wears a military uniform instead of a costume. Guns that supersede his actual Mutant Powers as a weapon. A distinctively-dated haircut (THAT JHERI CURL MULLET). A willingness to kill. Eyes that almost never seemed to have pupils or irises. Powers that are a mere add-on that rarely gets used (only if he gets shot by energy, though many scenes feature him indiscriminately firing "Pink Kirby Dots", as if he'd been struck by an attack from a mook). His personality was generally "ultra-serious military guy" but then they'd throw in random slang and jokes that seem incongruous to the character (stuff like "hoo-boy, would I be in trouble" when attacked by Morlocks and bluffing them into hitting him with a specific kind of energy). Honestly, he was just a mess, and I still carry a grudge that FRIGGIN' BISHOP got a solo book run in the late '90s, when there were so many other characters potentially deserving of one.

Bishop's Powers:
-I don't like the standard "Absorption" rules anymore, so I'm going with a different thing that has a slightly different Flaw to it- you can use the power, but it Fades and requires you to be attacked first (making it worse than a regular Blast). Most others have statted his Absorption much higher in another edition, but in my opinion he used guns almost as often, so it's clearly not a SUPER-powerful attack. At best he tended to eat a shot or two and fire them back repeatedly, and it wasn't anywhere near as powerful as Cyclops's or someone else's in most cases. There are moments when he absorbs something as full-on as Onslaught's psionic burst and stuff like that, but those are rare occurences that often injured him; best portrayed by Hero Points and Extra Effort. After all, he's got a nigh-Immunity (15 points' worth) against all Energy Attacks (they only do 25% of their total damage), which means that all but the very best are gonna have trouble even scratching him. For a more powerful Blast, he's best off using Power Attack (total of +15 Damage, not bad)- he can probably also mimic the properties (like Area Effects- I've seen him do that at least once).

-Bishop's a tough, pricey dude, even without his Powers, but he's still below Skillmonkey types like Gambit & Daredevil. Despite this, he's tough enough to wander around town with a hole in his body from falling into a broken pipe, take gunshots and not bleed out entirely, and hold his own against Wolverine or Cable in a battle to the death (as a big part of the X-Men in the Iron Age, he was often paired up with the other two).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 10, 2022 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Madam Slay! Klaw! Shuri! The Blob! Brass! Blackout!)

Post by MacynSnow »

Sad thing about Bishop is that they could've done some intresting things with his character,especially given what info they had on him(sister turned into a hologram,much better character by the way ,intresting fellow Officers that went with him, for as long as they lasted ,a rather intresting side villian that had a rather intresting relationship with him,etc.).......
Jabroniville

The X.S.E

Post by Jabroniville »

THE X.S.E. (Xavier's Security Enforcers)
Created By:
Whilce Portacio & John Byrne
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #282 (Nov. 1991)
Role: Futuristic Dystopian Military Guys
Group Affiliations: The X.S.E.
PL 7 (78)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Police Officer) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Equipment 4 (Laser Blasters- Multiattack Blast 6), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
None

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Laser Blasters +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (The X.S.E.)- The Enforcers are there to ensure that all laws are followed, and will kill transgressors.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (78)

-I and numerous others have gone into before how Marvel attempted to placate its new breed of superstar artists in the early 1990s- generally, it fell to giving them whatever they wanted, and letting them create any possible character. While Portacio's "baby" was Bishop- however, he followed his buddies to Image Comics and left the character an orphan. Bishop was given a loing-ish backstory, despite really only coming to our time to kill his time-travelling enemy Trevor Fitzroy, and arrived with two buddies in tow. And... confession time: I thought Malcolm, the blonde-ish guy with the double-barreled wrist lasers was THE MOST AWESOME GUY EVER, and in my own Marvel-ish universe, HE was the guy who survived, and not Bishop. Randall could F off and die for all I cared, but man, I had "Malcolm" drawn alongside the Avengers and stuff on EVERYTHING.

-Xavier's Security Enforcers are a super-powered police force from 1970s America- a time ruled by the Sentinels (because of course) until mutants & humans combined together to defeat it. The first three characters we see are Bishop, Malcolm & Randall, and BOY are they ever '90s. It's all there: the focus on guns over normal super-powers (the other two guys barely use any), military-style uniforms (though at least they're skin-tight and in primary colours: Not standard military regulation), tattoos (mutants have big "M"s over one eye), and a penchant towards fatally-injuring their foes. Bishop's crew heads to the past to kill Fitzroy, and in the process executes DOZENS of other escaped convicts from their time period, drawing the X-Men into the fray to stop him. However, two issues after their debut, Malcolm & Randall are cut down during another firefight, leaving Bishop alone (where he is injured, and then is invited by Professor Xavier to join the X-Men as their newest resident Bad-Ass Anti-Hero and Sean "The Untold Story of Marvel Comics Howe's least-favourite comic book character of all time).

-Malcolm & Randall were the only members seen for a long time, but soon Bishop got a Long-Lost Sibling who ended up in our reality, named Shard. Bishop even got his own SOLO BOOK for a time (yes, really), leading to many more members being seen. Most were pretty generic and one-note. 

Members:

RANDALL- PL 7 (93): "Absorb Ambient Radiation" Transform 5 (Ambient Radiation to Radiation-Free) (Extras: Continuous) [15] 
-Randall is pretty generic-looking, and I never cared for him. His Mutant Power is hilariously-minor, like many '90s mutants.

SOOOOOO COOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL...

MALCOLM- PL 7 (82): "Psionically-Scan Genetic Enhancements" Senses 4 (Detect Powers- Acute, Radius, Ranged) [4] 
-Malcolm had a bad-ass eye-patch thingie and double-barrelled blasters, so he was bitchin'. 

SURESHOT- PL 7 (84): "Intuitive Knowledge of Molecular Compositions & Spacial Geometry" Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns), Blast +0 (Feats: Ricochet 2, Variable- Any Blast) (Flaws: Requires Ranged Weapon), Senses 2 (Detect Weak Point- Ranged) [6]
-Sorta like Karnak, but with guns. She can turn any Ranged Weapon into a Ricochet-ing thing, I guess.

TRACE- PL 7 (88): "Scan & Record Genetic Auras" Senses xx (Life Detection- Analytical & Acute, Ranged +2, Radius, Tracking, Postcognition- Limited to Those Who've Touched Nearby Items) [10]
-A pretty elite Tracker who can follow anyone once they've gotten close enough, or have touched something he can find.

NOM- PL 8 (116): "Rock Man" Strength 10, Stamina 10, Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Earth) [38]
-Sadly, no Matter-Eating Powers, just a Standard-issue Powerhouse with some Earth Control powers.

HECAT'E- PL 7 (84): "Localized Darkness" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) [6]
-Sorta Goth-y looking girl who helps out a time-travelling Jamie Madrox, and becomes the eventual founder of the X.S.E.

-Nothing is known of the powers of members Recoil & Amazon... until MacynSnow told me what they were! Thanks, Macyn!

RECOIL (Anton)- PL 7 (86): "Reflecting Kinetic Attacks" Deflect 4 (Extras: Reflection, Redirection, Limited to Kinetic Energy) [8]
-Recoil was supposed to be one of Bishop's front-line Protectors (along with Amazon), but was killed by Fitzroy. He was supposedly in a relationship with Amazon (who shouted his first name when he died).

AMAZON- PL 8 (104): ST 9, STA 9 [26]
-All that's really known about this woman was that she was a good friend of Bishop's sister and was in a relationship with Recoil. Other than that she was a standard Brick.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 10, 2022 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

To help you out Jab:
Recoil(Anton): PL 6-7(104) Deflect 4 (kinetic only,Extra:Reflect,Redirect)-Costume(Protection 1)-Standard issued X.S.E. Combat gear
-Recoil was supposed to be one of Bishop's front-line Protectors (along with Amazon),but was killed by Fitzroy.He was supposedly in a relationship with Amazon(who shouted his first name when he died,that's how i know it)
Amazon: PL 7(118) STR 9, STA 9, Enhanced Stamina 4,Immunity 4, Enhanced Strength 4-Standard issued X.S.E. Combat gear
-all that's really known about this woman was that she was a good friend of Bishop's sister and was in a relationship with RecoilOther than that she was a standard Brick....

Hope this helps Jab! :D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Wow- where'd you find that?
Jabroniville

The X.U.E.

Post by Jabroniville »

THE X.U.E. (Xavier's Underground Enforcers)
Created By:
Howard Mackie & Duncan Rouleau
First Appearance: X-Factor #140 (Dec. 1997)
Role: Futuristic Dystopian Military Guys

-Greystone, Archer & Fixx were people who left Xavier's Security Enforcers group (believing that the X.S.E. had lost their original ideals and become too violent) and fought X-Factor in modern times (having been "transplanted' into the bodies of three humans). Shard briefly joined them, and the three members actually joined X-Factor for a time,l but Greystone was killed fighting Havok, and the other who are likely De-Powered following M-Day.
Jabroniville

God DAMMIT, Archer!

Post by Jabroniville »

That IS a really cool, starkly-simple look.

ARCHER (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Futuristic Dystopian Military Guy
Group Affiliations: The X.S.E., X.U.E., X-Factor
PL 8 (159)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Police Officer) 6 (+8)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Laser Blasters- Multiattack Blast 6), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Transform to Electrokinetic Energy"
Energy Aura 6 [24]
Insubstantial 3 [15]
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Blast 8 [16]

Offense:
Energy Aura +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (The X.U.E.)- The Enforcers are there to ensure that all laws are followed, and will kill transgressors.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 12 (159)

-Archer is an energy guy who had taken the place of a mass-murderer, and was charged as such, but joined X-Factor and later disappeared.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 10, 2022 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Fixx

Post by Jabroniville »

FIXX (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Role: Futuristic Dystopian Military Girl
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+5)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Psychic Fairy Powers"
"Mental Blast" Blast 10 (Extras: Perception-Ranged, Will-Based) (40) -- [41]
  • AE: Telekinetic Blast 10 (20)
Communication 3 (Mental) [12]
"Transfer Essences Through Time & Space" Movement 2 (Time Travel 2) (Flaws: Source- Recently-Deceased Bodies) [2]

Offense:
Energy Aura +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Responsibility (The X.U.E.)- The Enforcers are there to ensure that all laws are followed, and will kill transgressors.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 55 / Defenses: 12 (147)

-Fixx has a unique "Power Signature" that creates little "Energy Fairies" around her when she uses her mental powers- she used them to bring her teammates into the past, where they possessed some recently-dead people and allowed themselves to traverse the real world (compared to Shard, who was stuck as a "hard light" hologram). Archer retired and Greystone was killed, leaving her as the sole active member, but she has not appeared in more than fifteen years- it's likely she was De-Powered on M-Day.

-It was her powers that let her whole team travel through time and "possess" the bodies of three people, effectively taking those people's places. I'd initially statted it up as Possession that Affects Others (which would make her MUCH more expensive- more than 200 points!), but she could apparently only possess some recently-deceased bodies, effectively transplanting their bodies over top of these dead ones.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 10, 2022 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Greystone

Post by Jabroniville »

OH GOD NINETIES ART OH GOD OH GOD

GREYSTONE (Devlin Greystone)
Created By:
Role: Futuristic Dystopian Military Girl
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 4/14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+5)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6, +11 Size)
Stealth 2 (+6, -4 Full Size)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Growth"
Growth 10 (Str & Sta +10, +10 Mass, +5 Intimidation, -5 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -10 Stealth) -- (42 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [21]

Offense:
Full Size +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
"Full Size" Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +14, Fortitude +15, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Killing Micah)- Greystone grew up in a Mutant Concentration Camp, and watched the evil Micah kill his mother. His wish now is to kill Micah as a child.
Power Quirk- Greystone looks more malformed and horrific the larger he becomes.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 12 (147)

-Greystone is the Big Guy and can grow in size, but got a pretty ignominious end- he got "temporal insanity" and tried to build a time machine to return to his home time. However, he screwed it up, and it exploded- killing him, and throwing Havok into the Mutant X Parallel Universe, which ended the X-Factor book, and led to a new status quo for Alex Summers that lasted for years.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 10, 2022 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, so these dinks weren't what I was planning on posting today- what happened was I posted up Bishop, then all of a sudden went "oh hey- what about the XSE and XUE guys? Did I re-post them onto Echoes? And sure enough, they were on Ronin Army instead. And rather than wait like a year before spamming them out, I figured I'd just re-post them to here with Bishop being posted. I was almost a day ahead in my build-posting anyways, so this delay will put me back on schedule. Might as well get all of the "Bishop"-related stuff out instantly.

Also... does anyone else find it weird that all of the early XSE characters (Bishop, Malcolm & Randall) are using their real names in the field, while everyone NOT created by Portacio, Byrne & Lee are using code-names?
Jabroniville

Trevor Fitzroy

Post by Jabroniville »

TREVOR FITZROY
Created By:
Jim Lee & Whilce Portacio
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-men #281 (Oct. 1991)
Role: Failed '90s Villain, The Big Bad (to Bishop), Energy Drainer
Group Affiliations: The Upstarts, The Hellfire Club, Xavier's Security Enforcers
PL 10 (208)
STRENGTH
1/10 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Business) 8 (+11)
Expertise (History) 6 (+9)
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Technology 5 (+8)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Wealth) 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Taunt

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Life Drain-Fueled Portals"
Weaken Stamina 10 (Feats: Incurable) [11]

Teleport 10 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy, Extended Only +0, Accurate, Portal +2) (Flaws: Source- Life Drain, Limited to Random Directions) (41) -- [42]
  • AE: Movement 3 (Temporal Movement) (Extras: Portal +2) (Flaws: Source- Life Drain, Limited to Random Times) (6)
"Powered Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [51]
Enhanced Strength 9 (18)
Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 13) (25)
"Long Reach" Reach 2 (2)
Features 2: Increased Mass 2 (2)
Blast 10 (Feats: Split) (21)
Reduced Traits: Dodge 3 & Parry 2 (-5)
-- (63 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Life Drain +10 (+10 Weaken, DC 20)
Armoured Damage +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Blasters +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (+7 Armour, DC 20-17), Parry +9 (+7 Armour, DC 19-17), Toughness +1 (+13 Armour, +7 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)- A criminal in his own time, Fitzroy is a wealthy ponce in this one, and always desires more power and legitimacy.
Enemy (Bishop)- Fitzroy fled his own timeline, specifically because of the X-Men's future warrior (no, not Cable...). Bishop wants Fitzroy DEAD, which is really his most redeeming character trait when you think about it...
Power Loss (Flesh Contact)- Fitzroy requires actual skin-to-skin contact to utilize his Life Drain ability. This means that beings like robots, or guys in Powersuits, are unable to be drained as normal.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 104 / Defenses: 15 (208)

BANTAM
Created By:
Jim Lee & John Byrne
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-men #282 (Nov. 1991)
Role: Shrimpy Sidekick
Group Affiliations: The Upstarts, The Chronotroopers
PL 2 (47)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 1 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Deception 5 (+4)
Expertise (Science) 3 (+6)
Expertise (History) 2 (+5)
Insight 2 (+3)
Perception 7 (+8)
Technology 3 (+6)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Energy Detection"
Senses 11 (Detect Energy- Ranged 2, Acute & Analytical, Detect Time Portals- Ranged, Acute & Analytical) [11]

Offense:
Unarmed +1 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +3 (DC 13), Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +1

Complications:
Responsibility (Fitzroy's Employ)- Bantam is essentially Trevor Fitzroy's bitch, and is bound to do the larger man's bidding for some reason.
Prejudice (Short & Ugly)- With a big yellow-ish head and shrimpy body, Bantam cannot pass for an ordinary human, and often gets treated like crap.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 7 (47)

-Trevor Fitzroy was Whilce Portacio's induction into the X-Men's halls of villainy, debuting as a foppish, goatee'd guy with green hair, who was a criminal in the future who drained people's energy. He debuted by joining the New Hellfire Club, busting up Emma Frost's attempt to join her forces with those of the X-Men for the coming apocalypse against mutants, knocking Emma into a coma until Generation-X came out, and murdering the remaining Hellions. Quite the opening, but he never matched it again- he subsequently became used as Bishop's whipping boy, getting his ass kicked any time he tried to fight, and generally used whenever someone needed an easy opponent to beat. Sure, he was a major threat in Bishop's solo comic book, but not a single person read or enjoyed that one, so when he died in it, he went into the dreaded Limbo of Unpopular Characters, meaning he'd likely never return. Last I read on Wikipedia, Peter David showed a one-shot appearance in the future (during the pre-"Xavier's Security Enforcers" Summers Rebellion) where he was a good guy, but accidentally resurrected without a soul by Layla Miller, which is why he became a villain. Leave it to Peter David to even use the unwanted VILLAINS.

-In the Younghunt, Fitzroy's job was to capture Warpath and Rictor, surviving Hellions & New Mutants, respectively. Why he chose to do this in front of the ENTIRE X-Force team I have no idea, as he was the first major failure of the entire thing (most of the others at least captured one or two people, frick, even the FENRIS TWINS almost pulled out a win), nearly dying and turning X-Force on to exactly what was going on. That this followed an Uncanny story in which Colossus went into "Illyana Rasputin Mode" (similar to Spider-Man's "Aunt May Mode"), freaking the hell out and smashing Fitzroy all over the place.

-Personally, though, I will never forgive the guy for killing off all the Hellions- to this date the greatest waste of potentially-awesome characters in comic book history. At least most good characters at least got a PUSH, or a solo series. These characters were FANTASTIC and only appeared in about ten issues each before they were killed off. Had they debuted in the 2000s, they would have had a Limited Series by now (witness The Young X-Men and Hellions books from that era). But nope- Fitzroy offed everyone but Empath, Magma, Firestar & Warpath. So f*ck Trevor Fitzroy. F*ck him right in the ear.

-Fitzroy's not exactly a terror in the battlefield, though his Drain is quite a bit more devastating than most. He generally suits up in his Power Armour in later appearances, where he ends up performing a Tank's role, soaking up hits (he's much clumsier- either in the man-sized one or the jumbo suit- I kinda made a mish-mash of both, as he fought the same way) until he can do some major damage. A raging Colossus once beat the living CRAP out of him (it was while Illyana was dying. Word of advice to super-villains: Colossus is the LAST X-Man you want to well and truly piss off), and X-Force simply hopped around him until they cracked his armour, then made him use his own Drain on HIMSELF to power a portal.

-His Teleport & Time Travel powers are very powerful effects, but have tons of limits: He can't accurately go anywhere or to any time without his mini-sized slave Bantam directing them, he has to drain people FIRST to use his Portal, and he can't go short-range. This means he takes up a TON of points, as his Armour, Teleport and Skills add together, but don't make him that much more devastating. He's sort of a wannabe Mastermind villain with all that, but he lacks the skills or power to really pull it off.

-Bantam is a separate build, and basically acts as an Energy Detector. His only real goals are to a) provide plot exposition ("Why are you doing this, master?"), b) direct Fitzroy's Time Portals, and c) betray him to the heroes (this happens twice- the latter time gets him killed).
Jabroniville

Black Lotus

Post by Jabroniville »

BLACK LOTUS (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Ralph Macchio & George Perez
First Appearance: Marvel Fanfare #11 (1983)
Role: Jobber Villain, Martial Artist
Group Affiliations: Unknown
PL 7 (90)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+9)
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Spy) 3 (+4)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Instant Up, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack, Takedown

Powers:
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 10 (90)

-Black Lotus rounds out the ladies meant to kill Black Widow, and she was probably the most generic out of the whole crew in that issue (which includes Wrangler and Iron Maiden)- just your everyday Asian chick in a gi with martial arts skill. She stunned Natasha, but once she regained her composure, the Widow kicked some ass. For decades, the character had only appeared in that issue and The Superia Stratagem, as a Backgrounder in Superia's army (because naturally, Mark Gruenwald would remember her).

-That was it until the modern Shadowland story, where she appears as a backgrounder yet again, allying with a Hand-controlled Daredevil- he put her in Colleen Wing's "Nail" organization, but she grew to hate Wing's style of leadership. Ultimately, she challenged Wing for leadership, but was defeated. So three total appearances in stories in thirty years. Pretty unimpressive.

-Lotus is only PL 7 like Wrangler, and a pretty low-end Generic Martial Artist build.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 10, 2022 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Blob! Brass! Blackout! Bishop! Trevor Fitzroy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

This next guy's a bit funny, because he'd somehow missed my "To Re-Post" set. I think because I mixed him up with the OTHER later Basilisk- the X-Student one. So this build was last posted in my 2012 "Marvel Cards"-themed set :)>