Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Joe Kusanagi

Post by Jabroniville »

JOE KUSANAGI
Role:
Main Hero, Badass Schoolboy
PL 7 (93)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Streetwise) 3 (+3)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 1 (+3)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Martial Artist" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Multi-Hit Combos" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (Reduced Defenses -2, Inaccurate -1) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Multi-Hit Combos +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Fighting Strong Opponents)- Finding talent in the Kanto region lacklustre, the Osaka-born Joe moves out West.
Rivalry (Goh Kidokoro)- The two respect each other as powerful fighters.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 12 (93)

-Appearing to be almost impossibly generic, Joe Kusanagi has a generic name, a generic motivation ("I want to fight strong opponents!"), a generic "school uniform" (at least it's orange), and a generic hairstyle. He's basically a "somewhat cocky school-kid", and is more of a quick fighter. His fighting stance features his hands in his pockets, so you know he's an aloof "cool kid". His finisher calls his diminutive friend Katsuo to aide him in beating the opponent down.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 17, 2022 7:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jabroniville

Goh

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

GOH KIDOKORO
Role:
Gang Leader
PL 7 (92)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 5 (+8)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Delinquent) 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]
"Tornado Hold" Move Object 3 (Flaws: Tiring) (Diminished Range -1) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Controlling All Of Japan)
Rivalry (Joe Kusanagi)- The two respect each other as powerful fighters.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 10 (92)

-A big brawler with a pompadour, hailing from Kansai (the grittier, Western part of Japan), Goh wants to "Control all of Japan". He's a big, bare-chested fighter who likes to stomp on people with his giant sandles, but he has a design more fitting "Mook #3" than an actual crime-boss. His moves are more direct than Joe's, being mostly grab-based, though his finisher includes a TORNADO that lifts up the opponent, allowing him to hit a Backbreaker on them.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mint-Berry Crunch! Coon & Friends! Aggressors of Daek Kombat!)

Post by MacynSnow »

For some reason ,i picture this guy as having Joey Wheeler's accent...... :D
Jabroniville

Lee

Post by Jabroniville »

LEE HAE GWON
Role:
Arrogant Martial Artist
PL 7 (93)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 1 (+3)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +5

Complications:
Rivalry (Leonhalt Domador)- Leonhalt trashed Lee's gym, and now he seeks revenge.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 12 (93)

-Your typical "Arrogant Kung Fu Guy", Lee Hae Gwon is a Taekwondo fighter with possibly the MOST generic design in an entire GAME of such things! He also shrieks like Bruce Lee when fighting.
danelsan

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mint-Berry Crunch! Coon & Friends! Aggressors of Dark Kombat!)

Post by danelsan »

As far as unusual fighting games go, to this day I want someone to tell me what the hell "The Rumble Fish" means. I doubt it has anything to do with the novel/movie of almost the same name (not that I know wtf the name means in those either).
drkrash

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mint-Berry Crunch! Coon & Friends! Aggressors of Dark Kombat!)

Post by drkrash »

danelsan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:49 am As far as unusual fighting games go, to this day I want someone to tell me what the hell "The Rumble Fish" means. I doubt it has anything to do with the novel/movie of almost the same name (not that I know wtf the name means in those either).
Rumble Fish has a sad story attached to it for me. I really, really wanted a copy of the game and got one...only to discover that the import didn't work with the swap disc method I used on my PS2. Then, while doing research to find a way to fix my problem, I caught a virus that killed a year's worth of my wife's business records.

Still haven't played Rumble Fish. Still would like to.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:08 am
danelsan wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:49 am As far as unusual fighting games go, to this day I want someone to tell me what the hell "The Rumble Fish" means. I doubt it has anything to do with the novel/movie of almost the same name (not that I know wtf the name means in those either).
Rumble Fish has a sad story attached to it for me. I really, really wanted a copy of the game and got one...only to discover that the import didn't work with the swap disc method I used on my PS2. Then, while doing research to find a way to fix my problem, I caught a virus that killed a year's worth of my wife's business records.

Still haven't played Rumble Fish. Still would like to.
Wow, that's freaky. Only viruses I caught that did anything major was the one that killed my second-last computer (Norton was fighting with it, and I shut my computer off for fear of anything happening; whatever I did, I basically rendered it borderline inoperable without a lot of work... I still haven't searched for bikini pictures of Valerie Bertinelli again) and one that let someone get into my PayPal last summer.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

This was probably 8-9 years ago. Different tech and more naivete led to contracting the virus (which I got from YouTube).
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:12 am I still haven't searched for bikini pictures of Valerie Bertinelli again)
Do you really expect us to believe that?
Jabroniville

Leonhalt

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

Well, they don't screw around with their Super-Moves, I'll give 'em that.

LEONHALT DOMADOR
Role:
Powerhouse
PL 7 (90)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Athletics 3 (+7)
Deception 2 (+5)
Perception 2 (+3)
Persuasion 1 (+2)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Minion 7 (Tiger), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Rivalry (Lee Hae Gwon)
Motivation (Being the Best Warrior)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 10 (90)

-Leonhalt is a big, dangerous street fighter in the States illegally. He acts as a bully, having destroyed Lee Hae Gwon's dojo. He actually calls a friggin' pet TIGER to help him attack opponents for his Super Move!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:25 am This was probably 8-9 years ago. Different tech and more naivete led to contracting the virus (which I got from YouTube).
You could get viruses from YOUTUBE? I knew you could get them from the ads they play (hence Adblockers being such a thing now), but nine years ago?
Shock wrote:Do you really expect us to believe that?
I SWEAR! I had to be master of my domain to Hot in Cleveland like everybody else!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Re: Aggressors of Dark Kombat

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 am there are only EIGHT playable fighters, and one of them is Fuuma Kotaro, the "Ken" of World Heroes!
He makes bad puns? He's the second biggest Captain Marvel fan on his most frequently visited message board? He doesn't understand fighting game references?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Re: Aggressors of Dark Kombat

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:39 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 am there are only EIGHT playable fighters, and one of them is Fuuma Kotaro, the "Ken" of World Heroes!
He makes bad puns? He's the second biggest Captain Marvel fan on his most frequently visited message board? He doesn't understand fighting game references?
Ken Masters, aka "the guy who isn't the hero, but is a swap/rival of the Main Hero of a Fighting Game", not "Ken, the smartass who makes horrifying Dad Jokes at the expense of everyone else's sanity :P".
Jabroniville

Bobby

Post by Jabroniville »

BOBBY NELSON (aka "The Brown Bullet")
Role:
Stereotypical Black Kid
PL 7 (91)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Streetwise) 3 (+3)
Perception 4 (+4)
Persuasion 1 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment (Basketball), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Strikes With Basketball" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Multi-Hit Combos" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Reduced Defenses -2, Inaccurate -1) [1]
"Basketball Blast" Blast 5 (Flaws: Tiring) (Diminished Range -1, Requires Basketball) [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Multi-Hit Combos +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Basketball Blast +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Becoming a Pro Basketball Player)- This will be accomplished by beating the $%*# out of people, I guess.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 12 (91)

-Streets of Rage had a guy like this, too. Bobby is a short, spunky, black kid with a penchant for riding playing basketball, even while fighting- pretty much based on how the Japanese saw black folks. His REALLY broad grin stinks of "Blackface" charicatures, which is oddly-common in some forms of Japanese media- having not really gotten the memo that this stuff ain't cool no more.

-Bobby is the smallest and weakest character in the game, hitting for only +1 damage (and he has to use his Basketball to do it!).
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

speaking of this game characters' highly generic names, having the dude-with-a-tiger's last name be Domador is pretty lame, since "domador" means "tamer" in Portuguese and Spanish. AND his name is almost lionheart, too!