Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Builds! (Undergrads! The Acolytes! Howard the Duck!)

Post by greycrusader »

The estimable Prodigyduck actually included a Hellcow analogue as part of his Super-Power-Legends universe:

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/215 ... nds-Jobber

Yes, really,

All my best.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Unuscione

Post by Ares »

scc wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:22 pm Image

It's weird that I find the genocidal maniac hot, right?
I feel the same way. Plus I liked her powers. One of the cooler Acolytes....if you can use those two words in a sentence. ;)
I'm still struggling over how to pronounce her name.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
slade the sniper

Re: Shuri

Post by slade the sniper »

I just want to thank you SO MUCH for the following builds. Having watched the movie...the MCU versions of these characters are amazing! A few tweaks and they are perfect!

Hooray for Jab!

-STS
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:04 pm Image

THE BLACK PANTHER III (Shuri)
Created By:
Reginald Hudlin & John Romita, Jr.
First Appearance: The Black Panther #2 (May 2005)
Role: Replacement Hero, Suddenly-Introduced Sibling
Group Affiliations: Wakanda
PL 10 (188)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 7 (+12)
Close Combat (Claws) 1 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+13)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (World Leader) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 10 (+13)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Throwing Knives) 2 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 7 (+13)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Benefit 5 (Queen of Wakanda), Evasion, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 6, Takedown, Tracking- Scent

Powers:
"Peak Human Physiology"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute, Accurate & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Extended Hearing) [6]

"The Black Panther Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [28]
"Vibranium-Weave Mesh" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 4) (6)
Immunity 10 (Ballistics, Falling Damage) (10)
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) (2)
"Throwing Knives" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (15) -- (16)
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (2)
-- (34 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Throwing Knives +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5 (+7 Costume), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Wakanda)
Relationship (T'Challa)- T'Challa's little sister eventually grabs the mantle of ruler of Wakanda following T'Challa's coma at the hands of Namor and The Cabal.
Enemy (Namor)- The Sub-Mariner's nation of Atlantis warred with Wakanda, and Namor himself flooded the nation while under the power of The Phoenix.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 40 / Defenses: 14 (188)

-Why, oh WHY is it always so popular for characters to get suddenly-introduced children & siblings? Shuri is T'Challa's younger sister, introduced FORTY YEARS AFTER THE DEBUT of the Black Panther! She always craved the position of Black Panther, but was shown as headstrong and immature. She gets some training from T'Challa, and eventually received it after proving her worth to the Panther God (ie. she had to prove that it wasn't just out of a selfish desire of hers)- she had to shed her excessive pride and learn humility, gaining the power in order to face down Morlun in his attack on Wakanda.

-I only know of her because of some more-recent stuff where she's the Lame-Duck leader of Wakanda during its weird background war with Atlantis that resulted in devastation for both sides. She argued a lot with T'Challa, who was doing his own thing with The Illuminati, and she finally leads Wakanda to war with Atlantis after a Phoenix-powered Namor levels much of it. Eventually, she is killed fighting Proxima Midnight so that her brother can escape The Cabal (Namor & Thanos' group of world-breakers). Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther series witnesses T'Challa use spiritual shenanigans and the hero Manifold's reality-bending powers in order to resurrect his sister.

-As a "secondary Panther", her lot in life will largely to be forgotten, but she's appearing in the Black Panther film, so she'll at least have some degree of immortality coming from that (not that "showing up in a movie" is a particularly big help for a lot of Marvel guys).
-Shuri's basically a Mini-Panther, but her resurrection has led to her gaining some additional powers:

THE BLACK PANTHER III (Shuri)
Created By:
Reginald Hudlin & John Romita, Jr.
First Appearance: The Black Panther #2 (May 2005)
Role: Replacement Hero, Suddenly-Introduced Sibling
Group Affiliations: Wakanda
PL 10 (204)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 7 (+12)
Close Combat (Claws) 1 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+13)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (World Leader) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+11)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 10 (+13)
Persuasion 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Throwing Knives) 2 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 7 (+13)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Benefit 5 (Queen of Wakanda), Evasion, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Precise Attack (Close/Concealment), Ranged Attack 6, Takedown, Tracking- Scent

Powers:
"Peak Human Physiology"
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Immunity 2 (Poison, Disease) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute, Accurate & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Extended Hearing) [6]

"Stone-Like Form"
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 7) [10]
Reduced Defenses -1 [-2]

Morph 4 (Any Form) (Flaws: Limited to Whatever She's Touching -2) [12]
Variable 4 (Flaws: Limited to Whatever She's Touching -2) [20]

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Stone Form +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (+12 Stone Form, DC 23), Parry +13 (+12 Stone Form, DC 23), Toughness +5 (+8 Stone Form, +4 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Wakanda)
Relationship (T'Challa)- T'Challa's little sister eventually grabs the mantle of ruler of Wakanda following T'Challa's coma at the hands of Namor and The Cabal.
Enemy (Namor)- The Sub-Mariner's nation of Atlantis warred with Wakanda, and Namor himself flooded the nation while under the power of The Phoenix.

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 21 / Powers: 56 / Defenses: 14 (204)

-Post-Resurrection, Shuri gains a stonelike form with enhanced durability. In addition, she gains the ability to turn into whatever she's touching (be it a single animal, or a flock of birds).
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:17 am ImageImageImage

Man, I SO ain't into bald chicks. Otherwise this would be "YES PLEASE" with a cherry on top.

THE DORA MILAJE- REGULAR MEMBER
Created By:
Christopher Priest & Mark Texiera
First Appearance: The Black Panther #1 (1998)
Role: Amazonian Brigade
Group Affiliations: Wakanda, The Dora Milaje
PL 6 (85)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 5 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Expertise (Bodyguard) 6 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Swords, Spears & Knives- +1 to +2- Reach), Improved Critical (Spears), Ranged Attack 2, Teamwork

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Weapons +6 (+4-6 Damage, DC 22-23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (The Black Panther)- The Dora Milaje are devoted to protecting the King.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 10 (85)

THE DORA MILAJE- ELITE MEMBER
Created By:
Christopher Priest & Mark Texiera
First Appearance: The Black Panther #1 (1998)
Role: Amazonian Brigade
Group Affiliations: Wakanda, The Dora Milaje
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Expertise (Bodyguard) 8 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Swords, Spears & Knives- +1 to +2- Reach), Improved Critical (Spears), Ranged Attack 3, Startle, Teamwork

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Weapons +10 (+4-6 Damage, DC 22-23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Black Panther)- The Dora Milaje are devoted to protecting the King.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (110)

-A retcon added by Christopher Priest, and extended into every Black Panther series since then, the Dora Milaje are an all-female group of bodyguards for the King of Wakanda, taken from the various tribes. Their role is to be ceremonial "wives in training", though T'Challa does not partake in this particular aspect. They're sort of like the Praetorian Guard of Ancient Rome... and hilariously, JUST LIKE the Praetorian Guard of Ancient Rome, they are often more deadly to their King than any other thread could be! No less than THREE Dora Milaje (that's half of their named membership[/i]!), have attempted to kill T'Challa in the past!

-Regular rank-and-file members are PL 6, while elites are PL 8.

Members:

ANEKA: The former leader, who was stripped of her rank after killing a chieftan who was victimizing the women of her village. She becomes one of the vigilante "Midnight Angels", and try to stage an overthrow of Wakanda, feeling that "No one man can rule Wakanda".

AYO: Aneka's partner and lover, another criminal who was sentenced to die. She was depicted as a normal Dora Milaje in Captain America: Civil War.

OKOYE: Spoke to T'Challa in a language unknown to most, giving them a measure of privacy. Wears a very, VERY revealing shirt in the "Kasper Cole" issues, where she takes an "annoyed mentor" role to the younger hero. This seemed to be leading towards romance, but she is "Chuck Cunningham'd" out of the series and never reappears. She will, however, be played the actress who plays Michonne in The Walking Dead.

QUEEN DIVINE JUSTICE (aka Chante Giovanni Brown): A street-smart queen of the Jabari tribe, who was raised in Chicago. Apparently gets on a soapbox about her political views constantly, and is in love with Vibraxas.
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 am ImageImage

MALICE I (Nakia)
Created By:
Don McGregor & Gil Kane
First Appearance: Jungle Action #8 (Jan. 1974)
Role: Evil Jailbait
Group Affiliations: Killmonger's Agents
PL 10 (127)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Acrobatics 2 (+7)
Athletics 5 (+11)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Bodyguard) 4 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages: 
Equipment 3 (Swords, Spears & Knives- +1 to +2- Reach), Improved Critical (Spears), Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Jufeiro Herb Pins" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [20]
"Weaponized Jailbait" Affliction 10 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Cumulative, Progressive +2) (Flaws: Limited to Men) (30)
Enhanced Advantages 2: Attractive 2 (Note: Affects All Men, Not Just Straight Ones, I Guess. And Not Lesbians) (2)
-- (32 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Weapons +10 (+7-8 Damage, DC 22-23)
Jufeiro +10 (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +6, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Boning T'Challa)
Enemy (The Black Panther)- Hell hath no fury, as they say.
Power Loss (Jufeiro)- There is apparently a vaccine.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 24 / Defenses: 10 (127)

-Malice (unrelated to the mind-controlling X-Men & Fantastic Four enemies) is Nakia, the child of a tribe within Wakanda, who sent her to be one of T'Challa's "Dora Milaje" bodyguards. She fell in love with him, but he rejected and banished her once she tried to kill the Panther's girlfriend (she was REALLY obsessed; Mephisto's machinations didn't help), and gained super-powers thanks to Killmonger, including the ability to use Weaponized Jailbait. She's basically a 100% sociopathic monster who enjoys manipulating people into being her slaves, and now actively tries to murder T'Challa... or rape him. Whichever. She continues on in modern times, generally attacking women T'Challa likes (including Storm), and getting men to do her dirty work.

-Malice is being played by Lupita Nyong'o in the Black Panther film, which is seemingly made for actresses like her- award-winning ones who... well, aren't really going to get cast in a lot of "normal" roles. Hollywood generally struggles with this, given their inability to give good roles to minorities in general, much less ones who are clearly from different foreign countries. There's typically only "room" for one major black actress to be working at any given time, which means you see a lot of "hey, whatever happened to--" things with them- more than usual, even for Hollywood (which, thanks to the Hype Machine and how quickly hype can deflate, is a pretty notorious business for dropping "faded stars").

-The "Jufeiro Herb" is administered via special pins (though I think she once used it with a kiss). She basically pokes men and gets them to follow her blindly (I'm pretty sure it's just men, not the standard "Attractive", that just affects those who'd find your sex attractive).
Ken

Re: Howard the Duck

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:34 am
Howard the Duck- Mainstream Sensation:
-It's hard for someone like me, born in 1981, to understand how BIG Howard the Duck got in the 1970s, and very quickly.
As someone who lived through the 1970s, I didn't understand how it was that Howard became popular, either. And when the movie was made I was stunned.

Of course, now that Disney owns Marvel, maybe Howard can return to his original visual design.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Re: Unuscione

Post by catsi563 »

Ares wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:03 am
scc wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:22 pm Image

It's weird that I find the genocidal maniac hot, right?
I feel the same way. Plus I liked her powers. One of the cooler Acolytes....if you can use those two words in a sentence. ;)
I'm still struggling over how to pronounce her name.
U-nus-scio -ne
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 am ImageImage

MALICE I (Nakia)
Created By:
Don McGregor & Gil Kane
First Appearance: Jungle Action #8 (Jan. 1974)
Role: Evil Jailbait

-Malice (unrelated to the mind-controlling X-Men & Fantastic Four enemies) is Nakia, the child of a tribe within Wakanda, who sent her to be one of T'Challa's "Dora Milaje" bodyguards. She fell in love with him, but he rejected and banished her once she tried to kill the Panther's girlfriend (she was REALLY obsessed; Mephisto's machinations didn't help), and gained super-powers thanks to Killmonger, including the ability to use Weaponized Jailbait. She's basically a 100% sociopathic monster who enjoys manipulating people into being her slaves, and now actively tries to murder T'Challa... or rape him. Whichever. She continues on in modern times, generally attacking women T'Challa likes (including Storm), and getting men to do her dirty work.

-Malice is being played by Lupita Nyong'o in the Black Panther film, which is seemingly made for actresses like her- award-winning ones who... well, aren't really going to get cast in a lot of "normal" roles. Hollywood generally struggles with this, given their inability to give good roles to minorities in general, much less ones who are clearly from different foreign countries. There's typically only "room" for one major black actress to be working at any given time, which means you see a lot of "hey, whatever happened to--" things with them- more than usual, even for Hollywood (which, thanks to the Hype Machine and how quickly hype can deflate, is a pretty notorious business for dropping "faded stars").
WaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT! THAT'S who T'Challa's love interest in the film was? They turned his jailbait would-be-rapist into his actual girlfriend?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

... huh. I guess so. I totally had already forgotten who was who by the time I saw it. Too many "Foreign Names That Are Hard for Me To Remember".
Jabroniville

The Hidden Man

Post by Jabroniville »

THE HIDDEN MAN (Supramor)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Bob Powell
First Appearance: Tales to Astonish #67 (May 1965)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliation: None
PL 8 (128)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 5 (+12)
Insight 2 (+4)
Technology 5 (+12)

Advantages: 
Equipment 16 (Green Ray in Base & Vehicle), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Green Ray" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [49]
Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless & Forgetful) (Extras: Cumualtive, Ranged) (24)
Linked to
Variable 8 (Powers & Abilities) (Flaws: Limited to Powers of Those Afflicted) (48)
-- (72 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Green Ray +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- Supramor wishes to conquer worlds.

Total: Abilities: 42 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 49 / Defenses: 10 (128)

-The Hidden Man is one of those classic "Stan Lee When He's Not Trying" villains, popping up in the Giant Man feature within Tales to Astonish. As Stan was writing something like six or seven Marvel books each month at the time, you can forgive stuff like "Generic Alien in silly costume tries to take over the world, then his alien friends come and arrest him". He came to Earth, used a "Green Ray" to steal the powers of others, but Giant-Man was prevented from acting by other members of his race, who captured the bad guy for "trying to take over a primitive planet". Yes, they literally had guys come in from off-panel to save the day. It was THAT half-assed a story!

-The Hidden Man reappeared briefly in Maximum Security, an Event based around aliens using Earth as a Prison Planet for douchebag aliens. He was defeated easily by Triathlon. In Nextwave, a bunch of duplicates of him were fought by the team.

-The Hidden Man is pretty useless save for his Green Ray (which is replicated in his base and on some vehicle he pilots), which enables him to mimic the powers of others.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:32 am I just want to thank you SO MUCH for the following builds. Having watched the movie...the MCU versions of these characters are amazing! A few tweaks and they are perfect!

Hooray for Jab!

-STS
No problem, dude! I was thinking about waiting till the movie came out, but they were on my list for a while, and I figured it'd help me get hyped up for it :).
MacynSnow

Re: Hitmaker

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 pm ImageImage

THE HITMAKER (Orlando Sinclair)
Created By:
Gerard Jones & Gordan Purcell
First Appearance: Wonder Man Annual #2 (1993)
Role: One-Shot Villain
Group Affiliations: None
PL 7 (55)
STRENGTH
-2/8 STAMINA 3 AGILITY -5/3
FIGHTING 0/5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Expertise (Streetwise) 3 (+4)
Expertise (Acting) 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Exoskeleton" (Flaws: Removable) [39]
Enhanced Strength 10 (20)
Enhanced Agility 8 (16)
Enhanced Fighting 5 (10)
Protection 2 (2)
-- (48 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Exoskeleton +5 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative -5 (+3 Exoskeleton)

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +3 (+5 Exoskeleton), Fortitude +4, Will +1

Complications:
Motivation (Finding Acting Success)
Responsibility (Doing the Bidding of His Brother)- Orlando is working for his brother's gang, in payment for the exoskeleton that allows him to walk.
Relationship (Brother)- Orlando is loyal enough that, despite thinking his brother deserves prison, he allowed him to escape justice at the hands of Wonder Man.
Disabled (Crippled)- Orlando cannot walk without the use of his exoskeleton.

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 4 (55)

-This ludicrous doofus (check the "H" and "M" shoulder pads) debuted along with dozens of others in the 1993 Marvel Annuals, and his backstory matches his costume. He's a failed actor who was crippled in a gang hit gone wrong (he was mistaken for his gangster brother; Orlando himself carefully avoided the gang life), then empowered with a special armored exoskeleton by his brother's gang. This allowed him to get hired on by a studio (his was previously unable to find work, possibly because of his multiracial background, Vin Diesel-style), but, discovering that their association with Wonder Man had been causing them problems, he decided to just beat up Wonder Man and be done with it. After a few cheap shots, and being easily defeated each time, the constantly-escaping guy saw Wonder Man & The Beast lured to the gang's hideout (in payment for the exoskeleton, he was working for them)- he helped his brother escape, blaming brotherly loyalty. He has never been seen again.

-His Marvunapp bio's writer suggests that this story was originally supposed to be about the Wonder Man villain "Splice", but had to be edited since the 1993 Annuals were all supposed to be debuting new characters. Which might explain how half-assed the costume is... though I'm as likely to blame the obvious "Annual problem" at Marvel, where the weak or try-out artists end up getting used for these throwaway projects.

-Hitmaker is an idiotic character who has little real effect beyond cheap-shotting Wonder Man a few times, and he ends up super-cheap on points because of it.
I actually liked this guy when he first showed up(i also kindof liked their Battlesuit Spawn and the dude that had the techno Mimicry)and think,if he had some better suit options(we can't all have Iron Man tech,but you can still have pride in your work.I'm looking right at you,Rampage) he would have made either an intresting Redemption hero(bringing his brother & the gang in to foster some police goodwill) or a good beginner villian for a beginner team(specifically The Crazy Eight).....
Jabroniville

Headsman

Post by Jabroniville »

I would make fun of his Jobberiness, but that BITCHING Punny Name makes him awesome.

HEADSMAN (Cleavon Twain)
Created By:
Kurt Busiek & Pal Olliffe
First Appearance: Untold Tales of Spider-Man #8 (April 1996)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: The Thunderbolts
PL 8 (79)
STRENGTH
4/6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4, +7 Suit)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Perception 1 (+1)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Goblin-Style Hover-Disc), Improved Critical (Axe), Power Attack

Powers:
"Strength-Boosting Suit" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
Enhanced Strength 2 (4)
Protection 3 (6)
-- (10 points)

"Adamantium Axe" (Flaws: Easily-Removable) [6]
Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Penetrating 6) (10 points)

Equipment:
"Goblin Glider"
Features: Remote Control (1)
Flight 6 (Flaws: Platform) (6)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Strength-Boosting Suit +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Adamantium Axe +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+7 Suit), Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Obsession (Decapitation)- Cleavon grew up a chicken-killing psycho, and when his brother killed a beloved pet dog, he began beheading random civilians instead.
Relationship (Ant-Man)- Cleavon grew close to his teammate Eric O'Grady, who told Cleavon's brother Cody to make something of his life, the way Cleavon always wanted to.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 10 (79)

-Headsman (CLEAVON TWAIN) is a goofy villain whose origin is exceptionally ridiculous (he and his brother were forest-born hillbillies who decapitated chickens, until his brother beheaded a beloved family pet. Cleavon, unable to decapitate his own brother, began decapitating random civilians instead). Keeping on his killing spree, he came across Norman Osborn, who of course gave him powerful technology to fight Spider-Man in the "Untold Tales" book that filled in the gaps between Silver Age Spidey issues (a thing Marvel does from time to time). After beating Spider-Man a few times, he was turned on by the Goblin, where he was left until he joined Osborn's black ops "Thunderbolts" team.

-He was used as a fake Green Goblin meant to take suspicion away from Osborn himself, but discovered that Osborn meant to kill him to complete the ruse. He even grew a bit of a conscience (you know those good-hearted beheading-enthusiasts- always good for a redemption arc), refusing to execute Black Widow & Songbird, but was killed by the Scourge of the Underworld, who was brainwashed into trying to kill Norman Osborn by The Uranian of The Agents of Atlas. See, Scourge was set off by a hologram of Osborn instead, and shot Headsman accidentally when he was on the other side of the thing.

-Capable of beating Silver Age Spider-Man (PL 7-8, maybe) back in the day, he sort of vanished completely until Warren Ellis used him for his Jobber-Loving T-Bolts series, so I think PL 8 still fits for him. He's uber-strong and has your standard Adamantium Weapon (highly-Penetrating damage, etc.), but most serious superheroes would make short work of him (Mister X, a PL 12, beat him with ease most of the time). I mean, the dude got one-shotted by a Scourge- that's pretty much the defining signifier of a Jobber.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 am
I actually liked this guy when he first showed up(i also kindof liked their Battlesuit Spawn and the dude that had the techno Mimicry)and think,if he had some better suit options(we can't all have Iron Man tech,but you can still have pride in your work.I'm looking right at you,Rampage) he would have made either an intresting Redemption hero(bringing his brother & the gang in to foster some police goodwill) or a good beginner villian for a beginner team(specifically The Crazy Eight).....
I kinda wanted to do a set of JUST "Marvel Annual" guys, because they're all so random and insane, but it's surprisingly hard to find a comprehensive list of them anywhere online. I keep finding these guys more or less by accident- doing research for "The List" invariably produces one or two names that, sure enough, hail from a 1993 Annual.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Last time I posted Hellcow, I got the following reactions:
Spectrum wrote:Wow, when i saw that one I wasn't expecting you to go for it.

Even more humorous than the picture I was expecting:Image
Goldar wrote:Aw, come on, guys. I love Hell-Cow! Ever since her debut!

But I didn't know Howard killed her!! Bad, bad Howard. No more quakers for you! Deadpool, you good. Here's a Scooby snack for you.
You can always count on Goldar remembering a comic from the 1970s or early '80s with great detail :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:49 am
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 am
I kinda wanted to do a set of JUST "Marvel Annual" guys, because they're all so random and insane, but it's surprisingly hard to find a comprehensive list of them anywhere online. I keep finding these guys more or less by accident- doing research for "The List" invariably produces one or two names that, sure enough, hail from a 1993 Annual.
You want the whole list?Well,then,here you go(and don't say i never gave you nothin' :D)
MARVEL 1993 ANNUAL HERO/VILLIAN LIST:
Annex = Bantam=The Devourer=Dreamkiller=Tracer = Kyllian = Bloodwraith = Raptor = Khaos=Wildstreak = Night Terror = CuChulain= Lazarous
Face Thief = Assassin = Darkling = The Eradikator=The X-Cutioner = The Cadre = Hitmaker = Charon =Adam X the X-treme = Empyrean

Hope it all helps! :D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

!!!! The hell did you find THAT? I went LOOKING and I couldn't find it! Just tiny lists of a couple names here or there!

Edit: Oh damn, you checked EBAY, didn't you? That's the one thing I didn't consider!

He's an even more complete list: http://www.nslists.com/mrvann93.htm

I think I was checking via the Annuals, forgetting the Trading Cards that came with them, which are MORE collectible!