Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

H'ylthri

Post by Jabroniville »

H'YLTHRI
Created By:
Chris Claremont & John Byrne
First Appearance: Iron Fist #2 (Dec. 1975)
Role: Sentient Plant-Monsters

-One of the more "WTF?" things in Iron Fist's history, the H'ylthri are sentient PLANT CREATURES that are the sworn enemies of K'un-Lun. Using the Plant Man as a go-between, they took over K'un-Lun and planned to invade Earth itself, but they soon left Plant Man for dead. Much, much later, a H'ylthri impersonating Danny Rand actually portrayed the Iron Fist for a time, being killed by Super-Skrull in disguise- this was added by John Byrne to explain away Danny's idiotic death in an earlier storyline. These goofy things haven't shown up since 1998, and generally don't fit the modern-day nature of K'un-Lun- otherdimensional PLANT PEOPLE being a pretty ill-fitting concept for an Asian Martial Arts world.

-H'ylthri can use Mind Control on beings they've grappled- even Wolverine has fallen under their spell.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Hardcase & The Harriers

Post by Jabroniville »

HARDCASE AND THE HARRIERS
Created By:
Chris Claremont, John Buscema & Mark Silvestri
First Appearance: Wolverine #5 (March 1989)
Role: Elite Soldiers
Group Affiliation: The Harriers, S.H.I.E.L.D.
PL 6 (78)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+6)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 3 (+4)
Treatment 1 (+2)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Gear), Languages (A Few), Ranged Attack

Equipment:
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (17) -- (20)
  • AE: "Standard Rifle Shot" Blast 6 (12)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
  • AE: "Grenade" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
"Uniform" Protection 1, Protection 2 (Flaws: Limited to Ballistics) (2)
"Assorted Gear" (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Pistol +6 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Rifle +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Machine Gun +4 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+4 Kevlar), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Mercenaries)

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (78)

-The Harriers are a band of mercenaries who hang out in Madripoor- Marvel's generic Lawless Southeast Asian Country. Every one of them once served in S.H.I.E.L.D., but when that group was disbanded in the '80s comics, these ten guys split off. Three of them, Hardcase, Battleaxe and Shotgun, were hired by the DEA in an attempt at shutting down General Nguyen Ngoc Coy's opium operation, which caused them to squabble with Wolverine, who was also in the area. Wolverine & Hardcase later used the full team as part of a test of the skills of both the Harriers and the X-Men, sending them on a mission to capture Wolverine, Psylocke & Jubilee.

-Marvunapp notes that these guys were possibly the FIRST case of Claremont inventing an entire group from nothing, not explaining the backstory, and then just kind of leaving them there. He'd do this a lot more as he got worse, with characters like The Neo. But really, these guys are just generic mercs who happen to have codenames. They're more "low-end G.I. Joes" than super-heroes.

Members:

HARDCASE (Harry Malone)- PL 7 (88): INT 2, AWA 3, PRE 3, Ranged Attack +2 [10]
-The Team Leader. Hardcase would reappear many years later owning a bar in New York City, still running the Harriers. He sends Wolverine & Cable up against someone who turns out to be Arnim Zola, creating more bio-weapons.

BATTLEAXE (Jerome Hamilton, aka Axe)- PL 6 (80): ST 3, Axe +3 [2]
-Used a double-bladed axe. Much bigger than the other members, but he & Shotgun were easily defeated by Logan, who strussed them up.

BLINDSIDE II (Bobbi Chase)- PL 6 (81): ST 1, STA 2, Senses 3 (Mental Detection- Ranged 2), Concealment 1 (Mental Senses) [1]
-Named after one of Marvel's editor/writers at the time. The only member with super-powers, she was tricked into fighting Psylocke's telepathic illusion for a while.
LIFELINE (Deacon)- PL 6 (81): Treatment 7 (+9) [3]
-Probably a medic. He wears a beret.

LONGBOW (Amelia Greer)- PL 6 (79): Bow & Arrow (Blast 4), Equipment -1, Ranged Attack +2 [1]
-An archer, Longbow reappeared in much more recent times, being injured and sending Hardcase, Wolverine & Cable off on a mission.
PISTON (Andre Semyanovitch Rostov)- PL 6 (80): Vehicles 6 (+11) [2]
-Background Driver-type.
RANGER (Jesus Suarez)- PL 6 (78):
-Background nobody.

SHOTGUN II (Zeke Sallinger)- PL 6 (78):
-Another original member, he was trussed up with Battleaxe.

TIMEBOMB (Louis Joubert)- PL 7 (78): Explosives (Area Burst Damage 6-7)
-Explosives Expert.
WARHAWK II (Tom Nakadai)- PL 6 (78): Jetpack (Flight 6) [xx]
-The only guy who could fly, all he really did was rescue Blindside off of a rafter.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Acolytes! Howard the Duck! Humbug! The Hellbent!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I see the Hellbent and I think Clive Barker's Nightbreed.....which they would totally be in My Little Universe (as well as the Barbaroi from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust)
Jabroniville

Hellcat

Post by Jabroniville »

HELLCAT (Patsy Walker)
Created By:
Ruth Atkinson
First Appearance: Miss America Magazine #2 (Nov. 1944- as Patsy), The Avengers #144 (Feb. 1976- as Hellcat)
Role: Archie Comics Rip-Off, WTF?-Added Hero
Group Affiliations: The Avengers, The Defenders, The Lady Liberators, The Legion of the Unliving
Avengers Grade: D-Level
PL 9 (155)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 4 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Deception 1 (+4, +6 Attractive)
Expertise (Writer) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 8 (+9)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 8 (+11)
Ranged Combat (Cable-Claws) 8 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+3)
Stealth 4 (+9)
Treatment 4 (+5)
Vehicles 2 (+2) -- Flaws: Limited to Flying

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Attractive, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown

Powers:
"Enhanced Human Physiology"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Magical Awareness"
Senses 2 (Detect Magic- Ranged) [2]
"Evil Detection" Senses 2 (Tracking- Visual, Danger Sense) (Flaws: Limited to Demons & Evil Beings) [1]
Immunity 20 (Magical Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
Enhanced Will Check 6 (Flaws: Limited to Resisting Mental Attacks) [3]

"Summonable Costume"
Features 1: Quick Change [1]
"Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) [3]
"Cable-Claw Tie" Snare 6 (Flaws: Limited to One Target -2) (6) -- [8]
  • AE: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) (2) (2)
  • AE: "Cable-Claws" Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +7 (+11 vs. Mental Attacks)

Complications:
Relationship (Daimon Hellstrom)- Patsy eventually married The Son of Satan, though later she was driven to suicide as a result. Their relationship is, to say the least, messed-up.
Relationship (Hedy Wolfe)- Hedy was Patsy's best friend, but also a romantic rival. Hedy grows up turning their hometown into a Patsy-related theme park, and later busy the rights to the comics from Patsy's heavily-medicated mother.
Relationship (Buzz Baxter- aka Mad-Dog)- Patsy's High School Sweetheart later turned into a distant Army Man, and then a crazed super-villain.
Relationship (Charlotte, Miranda & Samantha... I mean Firestar, Monica Rambeau & The Black Cat)- Apparently the two became great friends and were inseparable... for a single four-issue story.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 14 (155)

-Few characters had such an utterly-unexpected re-tool as Patsy Walker, even by Avengers standards. See, she was basically just another Archie Clone in the 1940s, albeit possibly the most successful (and there were a LOT of Archie Clones out there- he's probably been copied more than friggin' Superman). It was basically about the redheaded heroine, her rival/friend Hedy Wolfe, and her boyfriend "Buzz" Baxter, and was pretty typical Teenage Americana. Patsy Walker, Patsy & Hedy, and a few other associated books were actually BIG sellers back in the day, using some of the best names of the day, such as MAD's Al Jaffee and Archie's Al Hartley. I mean, they were big enough that Patsy was among the only Timely Comics to survive the dark ages of the 1950s and into the 1960s, going through a conceptual change in 1964 ("Career Gal" over "Teen Humor"), finally bowing out in 1967 (oddly, right before Archie Comics had its peak, becoming THE highest-selling comic book in 1969). Yes, that's right, Patsy Walker outlived CAPTAIN AMERICA by over a decade.

-That all changed when Steve Englehart (there's THAT NAME AGAIN- I've learned more about this guy than any other creator just through Avengers builds) brought her back out of nowhere as a SUPERHERO with his Beast & Avengers stuff- her original tales having been written in-universe by Patsy's mother Dorothy. Originally donning Greer Nelson's old "Cat" costume to gain powers, she eventually moved on to the Defenders book, becoming a big star there (thusly, her Avengers tenure is ridiculously short and basically limited to a reserve role). Well, not really a "big star"- like the entirety of The Defenders, she was used like a D-List character tended to be used. This meant tons of interesting storylines prone to getting very vocal love from very few fans, but still very little fame.

-Englehart pointed out that though they were gone by the time he'd started at Marvel, his "training" had been cross-genre stuff, and he was familiar with the characters, and thought it was neat that they were rendered "in continuity" by a one-off in Fantastic Four years earlier. And he basically did that thing writers do, where they throw a favorite character into every book they're writing- when his Beast-themed feature was axed, he brought her onto The Avengers, and then stuck her on "The Non-Team" Defenders.

-She eventually married Daimon Hellstrom, The Son of Satan, in a very large arc in Englehart's run, and the two basically entered Marvel Limbo together with the book's cancellation. Alas, she killed herself in the early '90s, having been driven mad by Hellstrom's increasingly-demonic nature. This silly move (part of the Hellstorm solo book, back when EVERYBODY had one) ended with her being resurrected nearly a decade later in Thunderbolts, as Hellstrom manipulates Hawkeye's team into rescuing her, acting like they were out to rescue Mockingbird's soul from Mephisto's realm instead. This led to a three-issue Limited Series and a renewed Defenders book, but ultimately this all went nowhere.

-Marvel later tried a mini-series and a silly Sex & the City rip-off (as I mentioned, they altered four women's personalities to match Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte & Miranda- with Patsy being the snide, sarcastic Carrie-type... Gail Simone has said that Marvel pitched this exact story concept at her no less than three times), but none of it's really let her hit big. A guest-starring role in She-Hulk as Jen's private investigator was her biggest role for a while. Most recently, Marvel's big "Diversity/Female Character" push led to a very indie-style, humorous Patsy-related book, showing her starting a job agency for super-powered folk. It's VERY emblematic of "this era" of Marvel's comics, in that it's designed to be non-superheroic, non-costumed, non-serious and non-interesting to most fans of the genre. I mean, I'm all for new ideas, but come on- a HELLCAT comic book? I get that Lumberjanes and stuff is successful small-press stuff, but taking a D-League character and putting them in a goofy, comedic "Webcomic" art style is just not gonna cut it.

-Patsy Walker is much different than I was expecting, being a mildly-superhuman PL 9 fighter who is very expensive thanks to all her power tricks. Turns out she can SUMMON her Costume (thus not being a Device like I thought), is Immune to most Magic Effects, can Detect Evil, and all sorts of other things. She even has Limited Danger Sense & Visual Tracking of "Evil". She's more or less equivalent of The Black Cat and a few other PL 9-type Skillmonkeys, but she's not quite to their level of talent, despite being stronger and faster.

HELLCAT (Patsy Walker)- Circa 1970s Stories
Created By:
Ruth Atkinson
First Appearance: Miss America Magazine #2 (Nov. 1944- as Patsy), The Avengers #144 (Feb. 1976- as Hellcat)
Role: Archie Comics Rip-Off, WTF?-Added Hero
Group Affiliations: The Avengers, The Defenders, The Lady Liberators, The Legion of the Unliving
Avengers Grade: D-Level
PL 8 (109)
STRENGTH
2/5 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3/5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 4 (+10)
Deception 1 (+4)
Expertise (Writer) 6 (+7)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 5 (+6)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 1 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 3 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5, +7 Costume)
Treatment 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Claws), Improved Initiative, Takedown

Powers:
"Hellcat Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [19]
Enhanced Strength 3 (6)
Enhanced Agility 2 (4)
Protection 3 (3)
Speed 3 (16 mph) (3)
Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)
"Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split) (3) -- (5)
  • AE: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) (2) (2)
  • AE: "Cable-Claws" Movement 1 (Swinging) (2)
-- (23 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Suit +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+6 Costume), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Daimon Hellstrom)- Patsy eventually married The Son of Satan, though later she was driven to suicide as a result. Their relationship is, to say the least, messed-up.
Relationship (Hedy Wolfe)- Hedy was Patsy's best friend, but also a romantic rival.
Relationship (Buzz Baxter- aka Mad-Dog)- Patsy's High School Sweetheart later turned into a distant Army Man, and then a crazed super-villain.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 12 (109)

-Hellcat from the 1970s & '80s is nowhere near as effective as her modern self is- she's got one of those odd costumes that is somehow able to enhanced someone's physical stats, despite looking identical to skin-tight spandex.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

See? This is why I love comics.

You can take a character like that from a totally different niche and do something with it in another setting.

It's like the mainstream DCU and some of their Vertigo stuff or the difference in the MCU movies and their shows.

I LOVE when continuity does little things like this. I wish they'd do it more.

*looks over at Milk Wars*

well.....you get my point.

but seriously, not in wrestling. At least do it in ways other than Deletion.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

also, I love how they brought the character into Jessica Jones.

I like that dynamic way more than the Jess/Carol Danvers thing in the comics.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 am See? This is why I love comics.

You can take a character like that from a totally different niche and do something with it in another setting.
It's like the mainstream DCU and some of their Vertigo stuff or the difference in the MCU movies and their shows.
I LOVE when continuity does little things like this. I wish they'd do it more.
*looks over at Milk Wars*
well.....you get my point.

but seriously, not in wrestling. At least do it in ways other than Deletion.
Yeah, it's a really great use of the medium.
Jabroniville

Mad-Dog

Post by Jabroniville »

The sheer disparity in these pictures is everything I love about comics :).

MAD-DOG (Robert "Buzz" Baxter)
Created By:
Steve Englehart & Tom Sutton (Mad-Dog Version)
First Appearance: Miss America Comics #2 (Nov. 1944- Baxter), Amazing Adventures #13 (July 1972- Modern), Defenders #125 (Nov. 1983- Mad-Dog)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: Roxxon Oil, The Secret Empire, Mutant Force, The U.S. Army
PL 7 (108)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Expertise (Soldier) 2 (+2)
Expertise (Criminal/Terrorist) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Acute & Extended Scent, Extended Hearing, Ultra-Hearing) [4]
"Foaming Venomous Bite" Affliction 7 (Fort; Fatigued/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Progressive +2) (Inaccurate -1) [20]
Immunity 1 (Own Poison) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Venomous Bite +6 (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (Hellcat)- Buzz was once married to Patsy Walker, but after their divorce she became a hero, and he a vengeful villain.
Power Loss (Bite)- Buzz's venomous Bite attack only works if he can break the skin- armored people are quite resistant.
Responsibility (Insane)- The process that gave Mad-Dog his powers has left him rather nuts. His personality changes from appearance to appearance, causing him to seem loving, wild, scheming or mindlessly-aggressive.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 13 (108)

-Much like Patsy Walker, her boyfriend Buzz Baxter could not avoid Marvel's siren song of tights & super-powers- he was your typical Archie-style romantic interest for Patsy in her teen-romance genre books, but things went off the rails in the 1970s (years after Patsy had mostly vanished, then returned as Hellcat). He & Patsy were married after High School, but grew distant and divorced as adults. He eventually allowed his bosses at Roxxon Oil to mutate him into the mercenary Mad-Dog (why? Because Oil Companies Are Satan at Marvel), later directing Mutant Force. He invaded the wedding of Patsy & Daimon Hellstrom, got beat, and then joined The Secret Empire (the only thing more evil than Big Oil? Nixon). He fought The Defenders again- since Steve Englehart was writing all of his modern stories, I can only imagine that Steve was having a bit of satirical fun at the idea of making a wholesome Teen Romance character a stupid Jobber Villain who lost a lot.

-After becoming a super-villain, Buzz went on to just be one of those recurring Background Jobbers, ganging up with others to fight Hawkeye or The Fantastic Four (the latter during Acts of Vengeance. He was even chosen to fight Captain America in Crossbones' body as one of five opponents- Steve beat him with hilarious ease, basically grappling him, getting bit on the shoulder and then kicking Mad-Dog's ass. He hasn't really done anything since, as most of the Englehart-era characters fell off the face of the Earth in different degrees.

-Mad-Dog is basically a semi-strong fighter with zero credibility and a nasty venomous bite that can Paralyze its victims.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

My question is, where is Buzz Baxter in Jessica Jones?
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Jabroniville

Hedy Wolfe

Post by Jabroniville »

HEDY WOLFE
Created By:
Ruth Atkinson
First Appearance: Miss America Comics #2 (Nov. 1944)
Role: Bitchy Best Friend, Boyfriend-Thief

-Hedy Wolfe is the "Veronica" of Pasty Walker- a snobbier, conniving type, while still being Patsy's best friend. She has a crush on Buzz Baxter, Patsy's longtime boyfriend, making her that most hateful of females... the BOYFRIEND THIEF! Serious shit for girls (and apparently a major thing, from what I've heard). She remained Patsy's friend (starring in Patsy and Hedy at Timely/Atlas Comics), even after Patsy finally married Buzz. She even learned of Patsy's divorce and her run as Hellcat!

-Hedy was devastated when Patsy died, and it turned out that most of their adversarial moments were from the in-universe Patsy Walker comics that Patsy's own mother Dorothy had written. This came out after Patsy returned from the dead, and Hedy was running a "Patsy Walker Theme Park" of sorts, in their hometown of Centerville, after Dorothy died thinking Hedy was "The daughter I never had" (nice lady, that one). However, in more recent comics, Hedy began doing things to spite Patsy, like reprinting the old comics, and suing Patsy for her own likeness! She-Hulk & Hellcat finally get one over on Hedy, proving that Dorothy was heavily medicated while signing over the Patsy empire to Hedy, and thus the contracts were null and void.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue May 24, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Hedy Wolfe

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:27 am ImageImageImageImage

HEDY WOLFE
Created By:
Ruth Atkinson
First Appearance: Miss America Comics #2 (Nov. 1944)
Role: Bitchy Best Friend, Boyfriend-Thief

-Hedy Wolfe is the "Veronica" of Pasty Walker- a snobbier, conniving type, while still being Patsy's best friend. She has a crush on Buzz Baxter, Patsy's longtime boyfriend, making her that most hateful of females... the BOYFRIEND THIEF! Serious shit for girls (and apparently a major thing, from what I've heard). She remained Patsy's friend (starring in Patsy and Hedy at Timely/Atlas Comics), even after Patsy finally married Buzz. She even learned of Patsy's divorce and her run as Hellcat!

-Hedy was devastated when Patsy died, and it turned out that most of their adversarial moments were from the in-universe Patsy Walker comics that Patsy's own mother Dorothy had written. This came out after Patsy returned from the dead, and Hedy was running a "Patsy Walker Theme Park" of sorts, in their hometown of Centerville, after Dorothy died thinking Hedy was "The daughter I never had" (nice lady, that one). However, in more recent comics, Hedy began doing things to spite Patsy, like reprinting the old comics, and suing Patsy for her own likeness! She-Hulk & Hellcat finally get one over on Hedy, proving that Dorothy was heavily medicated while signing over the Patsy empire to Hedy, and thus the contracts were null and void.
Personally think she would've made a better Super-Villian than Buzz(though i am a fan of Mad-Dog,he still came across as an idiot even pre-transformation)
Goldar

Re: Jab's Builds! (Howard the Duck! Humbug! The Hellbent! Hellcat!)

Post by Goldar »

Yay, Patsy/Hellcat!

Nice builds.

Don't forget, Patsy had a front row viewing way back at Reed and Sue's wedding (cameo shot).

I always wondered how Hellcat stats compare with Black Cat Felicia Hardy stats and Greer as both the Cat and as Tigra stats?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Goldar wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm Yay, Patsy/Hellcat!

Nice builds.

Don't forget, Patsy had a front row viewing way back at Reed and Sue's wedding (cameo shot).

I always wondered how Hellcat stats compare with Black Cat Felicia Hardy stats and Greer as both the Cat and as Tigra stats?
Greer has better overall stats(before becoming Tigra,which shot her through the roof by comparison),Felicia is the better skill monkey,but Patsy beats them both on general power,given how she was able to hang with a rather powerful Avengers team at the time.....
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:39 pm Don't forget, Patsy had a front row viewing way back at Reed and Sue's wedding (cameo shot).
Which implies Patsy was friends with Reed and/or Sue. I would suggest that Sue knew Patsy through modeling gigs, and that Patsy was one of Sue normal (at the time) friends.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm
Greer has better overall stats(before becoming Tigra,which shot her through the roof by comparison),Felicia is the better skill monkey,but Patsy beats them both on general power,given how she was able to hang with a rather powerful Avengers team at the time.....
Greer did have training plus all of the electro-chemical treatments given her by Dr Tumilo, in addition to anything the Cat-Suit gave her.

In a now old Avengers issue, Greer mentions how the Cat-Suit was made for her and not Patsy. I think at that point her Greer stats increased and when she changed into Tigra, she even grew a tail! I never knew details to what Greer/Tigra or Hellcat could do.

The Black Cat was stated to do high jumps of 6 feet and broad jumps of nearly 10 feet.

But again, not sure how the other gals measure up with this or on the order of strength, speed, agility, senses, etc.