Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Skaramine

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brainiac 5! White Witch! Kinetix! Supergirl! Element Lad!)

Post by Skaramine »

Your story for Monstress years ago was the impetus for me making my character Lovehammer.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:29 pm
Bladewind wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 pm I'm just surprised nobody`s commenting that they still have Pepsi in the 30th Century.
Taco Bell was the only restaurant to survive the franchise war. So, now all restaurants are Taco Bell.
Nice Demolition Man reference...... :D
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:31 pm
Batgirl III wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:29 pm
Bladewind wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 pm I'm just surprised nobody`s commenting that they still have Pepsi in the 30th Century.
Taco Bell was the only restaurant to survive the franchise war. So, now all restaurants are Taco Bell.
Nice Demolition Man reference...... :D
Well, it is part of the DC Comics multiverse. Sorta.

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Re: Kent Shakespeare

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:27 pm IMPULSE I (Richard Kent Shakespeare)

Powers:

Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]

Since he's a classic good-old-boy character and a Flying Brick, I'm going to assume he's a favourite of Ares :).

Kent Shakespeare could not fly without a Flight Ring. He could run very fast, and I suspect he was a great leaper (I don't remember him doing so, but I recall some side materials mentioning it.)

He could lift tremendous weights, run faster than a maglev train, leap 20% of a kilometer, and nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Kent was explicitly meant to have the powers of the Golden Age Superman, pre-Fleischer cartoons.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Fortress Lad

Post by Jabroniville »

FORTRESS LAD
-Fortress Lad is a Fwangian boy who possesses his racial ability to turn into a fortress, a power evolved in order to protect others from the meteors that frequently collide with Fwang. Rejected for Legion membership, he nonetheless helped them out against The Mnemonic Kid, who wiped his and the Legion's memories while he was protecting them- he saved their lives, but he was never able to change out of his Fortress Form. In fact, that is the origin of the Legion's Headquarters- a brain-wiped teenager! God the Secret Origins book could be weird sometimes.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Skaramine wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 pm Your story for Monstress years ago was the impetus for me making my character Lovehammer.
Oh, neat! You wanted to try the "authentically ugly female character" route, too?
Jabroniville

Neon

Post by Jabroniville »

NEON (Celese McCauley, aka Celeste Rockfish)
Created By:
Al Jordan
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #6 (April 1990)
Role: Minor-League Superhero
PL 8 (134)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Space Hero) 2 (+3)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Investigation 8 (+9)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Legion Gear), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Pure Energy" 
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 10 [10]
Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]

Force Blasts 10 (20) -- [21]
AE: Move Object 10 (20)

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"
"Telepathic Ear Plug" Comprehend 3 (Languages) (6)

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Immunity 7 (Hot, Cold, Vacuum, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (7)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)
Communication 5 (Flaws: Fifth Rank is only towards Legionnaires) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blasts +5 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude --, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 75 / Defenses: 9 (134)

-Created by co-writer/inker Al Gordon, Celeste showed up in the "Five Years Later" arc, the neice of Legion rival Leland McCauley. She became a Detective for the Science Police, and was pretty much killed, but got resurrected by a Green Lantern (??) and sort of became a being of pure emerald energy, becoming a sort of low-end GL-ish being. Then she got turned into a Darkstar because DC killed off Hal Jordan and the entire Corps so they no longer existed in the future (oh, *DC*...), but then she was wiped out of continuity anyways. I'm not sure why she should be called "Neon" aside from being created in 1990.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:27 pm ImageImage

IMPULSE I (Richard Kent Shakespeare)
Created By:
Al Gordon
First Appearance: The Legion of Super-Heroes #12 (Oct. 1990)
Home Planet: Earth
Origin of Powers: Caught a Super-Virus That Replaced His Cells
Eras: Original
Role: Replacement Hero (to Superboy)

Since he's a classic good-old-boy character and a Flying Brick, I'm going to assume he's a favourite of Ares :).
Honestly, I don't think I've ever read a single issue with Kent in them. Remember, I HATED the Legion book Post 5-Year Later series, and only really read the Legionnaires book of that era since it at least kind of resembled the Legion stories I did like. In concept, Kent is pretty neat as a genuinely heroic guy who was NOT overpowered, having Superman's early Goldne Age power level rather than his Silver Age powers. He might be checking into one day.

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:54 am FORTRESS LAD
-Fortress Lad is a Fwangian boy who possesses his racial ability to turn into a fortress, a power evolved in order to protect others from the meteors that frequently collide with Fwang. Rejected for Legion membership, he nonetheless helped them out against The Mnemonic Kid, who wiped his and the Legion's memories while he was protecting them- he saved their lives, but he was never able to change out of his Fortress Form. In fact, that is the origin of the Legion's Headquarters- a brain-wiped teenager! God the Secret Origins book could be weird sometimes.
God this is stupid. A racial ability to turn into a fortress is only cool if you're a Transformer. Did they really need to make the Legion HQ into some brain-dead kid rather than just a building?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Echo

Post by Jabroniville »

ECHO (Mike-4 Astor)
Created By:
Keith Giffen, Tom & Mary Bierbaum
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #28 (April 1992)
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Legion Gear), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
 "Manipulates Sound Waves" Dazzle Hearing 9 (18) -- [19]
  • AE: Blast 8 (16)
Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 11 (105)

-A Legion of Super-Villains member, Echo is from a Khundish world, and joined the Legion as an interim member in the "Five Years Later" era.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hoid

Re: Fortress Lad

Post by Hoid »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:54 am ImageImage

FORTRESS LAD
I made up a character just like this Legionairre as many a year ago, using White Wolf’s supers game Aberrant.
Jabroniville

Reflecto

Post by Jabroniville »

REFLECTO (Stig Ah)
Created By:
Various
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #354 (March 1967)
PL 8 (93)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Reflecting" Protection 10 (Extras: Reflect) [20]

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 11 (93)

-Reflecto actually came about because Legion artist Dave Cockrum wanted to create a spin-off called The Outsiders, featuring OCs of his like Nightcrawler. One of these would have been Reflecto. Instead, DC chose not to publish this, and Cockrum would later go to work at Marvel, bringing the first of his two OCs with him. Reflecto has similar powers to Reflex, but was a creation meant to cover for an old concept- Superboy was amnesiac and was deflecting attacks back at his attackers, while dressed as a different guy (this was actually used to cover for an "Adult Legion" story that stated the death of Ultra Boy- it turns out that "Reflecto" was initially THOUGHT to be Ultra Boy). With Superboy no longer existing, they simply Retconned some other poor schmuck into the concept, and he was killed fighting The Molecule Master. The "Threeboot" Legion fought a Reflecto who was a crazed fan of Dream Girl, who lashed out at the Legion following her death.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 pm He could lift tremendous weights, run faster than a maglev train, leap 20% of a kilometer, and nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin.
Batgirl III wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 am Kent was explicitly meant to have the powers of the Golden Age Superman, pre-Fleischer cartoons.
That's what I said. :)
Last edited by Ken on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Comet Queen

Post by Jabroniville »

COMET QUEEN (Grava)
Created By:
Paul Levitz & Keith Giffen
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #304 (October 1983) 
PL 8 (127)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
Immunity 10 (Life Support) [10]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]
"Noxious Gases" Affliction 8 (Fort; Hindered & Dazed/Exhausted & Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 15ft. Cloud) [24]

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Noxious Gases +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 54 / Defenses: 11 (127)

-I've seen an AWFUL lot of images of Comet Queen over the years, despite never really being a major character. She's a Legion trainee who gained her powers by deliberately following a comet's trail, trying to gain powers like her fangirlish obsession-targets- the Legion. Of course, this being comics, it actually WORKED, and she started using weird cosmic slang and was a Trainee member. Honestly, she's impossible to like in any of the issues I have featuring her, saying weird stuff like "Doesn't it just drive you WILD?" and featuring "Keith Giffen Rubberface", making her look incredibly stupid.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:39 am God this is stupid. A racial ability to turn into a fortress is only cool if you're a Transformer. Did they really need to make the Legion HQ into some brain-dead kid rather than just a building?
No, from what I recall, what they needed to do was tell a story about the origin of the Legion HQ that was "interesting". The problem lying in the definition of 'interesting'. Honestly, the one they did about the Secret Sanctuary in the same issue was worse.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."