Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Skaramine

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brainiac 5! White Witch! Kinetix! Supergirl! Element Lad!)

Post by Skaramine »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:03 am
Skaramine wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 pm Your story for Monstress years ago was the impetus for me making my character Lovehammer.
Oh, neat! You wanted to try the "authentically ugly female character" route, too?
Tusks and an ice nose, yes.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Visi-Lad

Post by Jabroniville »

VISI-LAD (Rhent Ustin)
Created By:
Paul Levitz & Greg LaRoque
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes Annual #3 (1987)
Role: Minor-League Superhero
PL 7 (101)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Space Hero) 2 (+3)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:
Equipment 10 (Legion Gear), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Super-Vision" Senses 3 (Extended Vision 2, Micro-Vision) [3]
"Hypnotic Vision" Affliction 8 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (24) -- [25]
  • AE: "Heat Vision" Blast 8 (16)
Equipment:
"Legion Gear"
"Telepathic Ear Plug" Comprehend 3 (Languages) (6)

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Immunity 7 (Hot, Cold, Vacuum, Pressure, Radiation, Suffocation 2) (7)
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) (2)
Communication 5 (Flaws: Fifth Rank is only towards Legionnaires) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 11 (101)

-A short-lived Legionnaire during the "Five Year Gap", who had vision powers and a TERRRRRRIBLE code-name.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am So she went from feminized Hulk to humanized She-Thing?

I was staunchly in the hate the character camp. I found that they were trying too hard to show Monstress as still being "ladylike" (whatever that's supposed to mean) while still being powerful and empowered. (Neither concept of which I take any issue, it just felt like a parody of itself in a series that was already cheesie.)
Yeah, some of the images I saw were rather... silly. Like this giant cave-woman creature wearing a slinky dress acting like she felt beautiful. It COULD be empowering... but just comes off as weird.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So as you can probably all tell, today has been "Filler Legionnaire Day", owing to the fact that I decided to break up the "Minor Legionnaires" Template I made five years ago, and give solo bios to many of the characters. It was something I did because I felt that Kent & Comet Queen in particular needed separate bios, as the old one had 20+ characters. It was only after doing like 10 bios in a row that I realized HOW MUCH WORK splitting them all up was (the old bios also lacked Created By & First Appearance notes), but I powered through most of them.

This was, shockingly, going to be done as if it were ONE bio in my initial plans, until I realized they'd bury the other two "important Legionnaire" builds if I did so. And man, I'm still not even finished...

The reason I didn't just pile 'em onto the end was that I wanted my summation of the builds to not be buried in these bios, and since I'm statting some lesser-known villains right afterwards, I wanted to not end the Legion themselves with their lesser-known characters.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Catspaw

Post by Jabroniville »

CATSPAW (April Dumaka)
Created By:
Tom & Mary Bierbaum & Chris Sprouse
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #3 (Sept. 1992)
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 10 (+12)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Extended & Ultra-Hearing) [5]
Speed 4 (32 mph) [4]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Claws +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 11 (102)

-Catspaw is your everyday Animalistic Character in the "Glorithverse" era of the Legion (Time Trapper's minion created an alternate universe), gaining her powers as a result of The Dominators who were controlling Earth at the time. She's apparently a bit of a flirt, with hints of "Berserker Rages", going by others.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I remember her as being more flirty than grumpy, but that's the only memory I have of her, so maybe not. (Also that's a name up there with the Mandarin for unintended silliness.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:42 am I remember her as being more flirty than grumpy, but that's the only memory I have of her, so maybe not. (Also that's a name up there with the Mandarin for unintended silliness.)
No, flirty was her general portrayal, along with her weird way of speaking and a mild form of Wolverine-style berserker rage.

As for Comet Queen, she basically looks like someone went "Hey, remember Nova? The sexy female herald of Galactus? Want to see if we can make her unappealing?"
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ah, OK. She's grimacing in most of the pictures I can find, so I think that's where I got the idea she was a grump/Timber Wolf type.
Jabroniville

Kono

Post by Jabroniville »

KONO (Brita An'nan)
Created By:
Tom & Mary Bierbaum & Keith Giffen
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #2 (Dec. 1989)
PL 8 (107)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Intangible Objects" Insubstantial 4 (Extras: Attack & Objects Only +0, Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (28) -- [30]
  • AE: "Dense Clothing" Affliction 8 (Strength; Impaired, Hindered & Vulnerable/Disabled, Defenseless & Immobile/Paralyzed) (Extras: Extra Condition +2, Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited to Clothed Targets -1/2) (28)
  • AE: Features 10: Increased Mass (Extras: Affects Others & Attack Only +0) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (5)
Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Dense Clothing +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 30 / Defenses: 11 (107)

-A Sklarian girl from a matriarchal world, Brita gained powers because her pirate mom saved The White Witch and got a present for it. Still a smuggler, she used her powers to join the Legion post-"Five Years Later". Post-Zero Hour Reboot, she was just a Pirate, and never joined the team.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Dragonmage

Post by Jabroniville »

Dude got his own DC CARD!?!?

DRAGONMAGE (Xao Jin)
Created By:
Tom & Mary Bierbaum & Keith Giffen
First Appearance: The Legion of Super-Heroes #33 (Sept. 1992)
PL 8 (111)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Magic) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
"Spellcasting For a Variety of Effects... oh f*ck you, Wikipedia" Variable 5 [35]

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 11 (111)

-A Chinese mystic from birth, Xao appeared mainly during the late Original Era, with versatility but little control. He reappeared in Reboot, but was rejected because sorcery wasn't an appropriate power for a Legionnaire (!!)- he had a chip on his shoulder, but eventually helped White Witch defeat Mordru. aaaaaaaaand of course his power is listed as "Magic" but I can't find anything that SAYS WHAT HE CAN DO. So just make something up. Probably Blast or Create or something. The character is apparently pretty known for his excessive arrogance, but grows out of it.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I suspect it would probably be fair to use the Magic array of Dragoneye (from the Sentinels/Emerald City).
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Khund Legionnaires

Post by Jabroniville »

KHUND LEGIONNAIRE ALLIES
Created By:
Various
PL xx (85)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
Various

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (85)

-There's a group of four Khund super-characters who were used to briefly join the team- most were pretty rotten.

Khund Legionnaires:

FIREFIST- PL 8 (120):
"Cybernetics" Strength 8, Stamina 6 [8]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Protection 2 [2]
Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
-A rarity in Legion history- a Khund ALLIED with the Legion! However, he was also a giant a-hole, and often ripped on his teammates during their mission, and got blown up when he attacked Reflecto, unaware that hisi powers let him bounce attacks back and the attacker. He survived and was rebuilt, later trying to kill the Legion again.

VEILMIST- PL 8 (116):
Teleport 10 (Extras: Affects Others) [30]
"Khundian Physiology" Strength 5, Stamina 5 [10]
-Veilmist is the wife of Firefist, and joined the Legion druing a brief alliancw between the Khunds and the United Planets.

BLOOD CLAW- PL 8 (98):
Features 1: Unbreakable Claws [1]
"Claws" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Penetrating 8) [11]
-I can only assume that the guy with Indestructible Claws was a Wolverine knock-off.

FLEDERWEB- PL 8 (95):
Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]
-A winged guy who could cling to walls, Flederweb was being forced by The Khunds into loyalty via a cybernetic collar. Eventually, he split from the Khunds and joined The Heroes of Lallor.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Minor Legionnaires

Post by Jabroniville »

MINOR LEGIONNAIRE TEMPLATE
Created By:
Various
PL xx (73)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+4)
Deception 2 (+4)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Vehicles 1 (+4)

Advantages:

Powers:
Various

Equipment:
"Legion Gear"

"Legion Flight Ring"
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (73)

-These are the assorted characters who've shown up around the book over the years, but never did much.

GEAR (I.Z.O.R.)- PL 8 (106):
"Linsnarian Physiology" Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
No Stamina [-16]
Variable 3 (Flaws: Limited to Tools) (18) -- [19]
  • AE: "Computer Interface" Communication 3 (Computers) (12)
-Gear is an android that helped Sensor escape a Prison World in the Reboot continuity, but never really joined the team proper.

GLORITH II- PL 8 (104):
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+9) [4]
Ritualist [1]
"Magical Might"
Flight 4 (30 mph) [8]
Blast 8 (16) -- [18]
  • AE: Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (16)
  • AE: Force Field 8 (Extras: Affects Others) (16)
-This Glorith isn't related to The Time Trapper's ally, and was created in more modern times. She's a magically-trained girl who joined The Legion Academy, and like most Magic characters, is really difficult to stat properly without having read any of her appearances.

GAZELLE (Giselle Smith)- PL 8 (95):
Athletics 4 (+8) [2]
Trance [1]
"Manipulate Metabolism"
Enhanced Strength 5 [6]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Speed 5 (30 mph) [5]
-From Triton (one of Saturn's moons), Gazelle was created for Jim Shooter's last run (which resulted in him being unceremoniously fired- not being a good fit for modern DC. Then again, it seems like NO writers are a good fit for the modern DC, given all the firings and quittings going on). She did the "mistrusting teammate" bit, hating the United Planets & the Legion, and she was also a token "Hot Blooded" fighty character. Since that continuity died, she had a really short run.

SIZZLE (Teela Spuunvil)- PL 10 (102):
"Energy Transmogrification" Blast 12 (Feats: Accurate, Variable- Any Energy 2) (Flaws: Medium- Energy Source, Limited to Ranks of Energy Blast) [9]
Immunity 20 (Energy Attacks) [20]
-Teela of Abaddonus can absorb energy and change it into another form (examples: sound to light, or gamma rays to electricity). She was rejected because she needs to be Blasted first to use her powers, and is otherwise totally vulnerable, and so she joined the Legion Reserves.

TURTLE- PL 8 (98): "Invulnerability" Protection 14 (Extras: Impervious 11) [25]
-Turtle was nearly invulnerable, but his lack of offensive powers got him dumped alongside Sizzle during Shooter's "Threeboot" run.

HARMONIA (Harmonia Li)- PL 9 (109):
Expertise (History) 10 (+12) [5]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
"Manipulation of the Four Elements"
"Weather Effects" Environment 6 (900 feet) (Cold, Impede Movement 2, Visibility) (24) -- [30]
  • AE: Fire Blast 8, AE: "Fire Stream" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone)
  • AE: "Water Wave" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (Quirks: Requires Water -2)
  • AE: "Air Control" Move Object 9 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Air)
  • AE: "Wind Burst" Affliction 11 (Strength or Athletics; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery)
  • AE: "Wind" Features 2: Snuff Flames, Throw Off Arrows, Other Effects
  • AE: Environment 5 (250 feet) (Impede Movement 2)
-A member of Paul Levitz's most-recent Legion run, Harmonia claims to be centuries old, and speaks with tons of wisdom and junk.

DRAGONWING (Marya Pai)- PL 10 (105): Ranged Combat (Acid) 2 (+8), "Acid Stream" Blast 6 Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Ranged, Secondary Effect), AE: "Flamethrower" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) [32]
-A cynical, fatalistic girl, Dragonwing was created by Paul Levitz & Phil Jiminez.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Re: Dragonmage

Post by Tattooedman »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:26 am Image

Dude got his own DC CARD!?!?

DRAGONMAGE (Xao Jin)

-A Chinese mystic from birth, Xao appeared mainly during the late Original Era, with versatility but little control. He reappeared in Reboot, but was rejected because sorcery wasn't an appropriate power for a Legionnaire (!!)- he had a chip on his shoulder, but eventually helped White Witch defeat Mordru. aaaaaaaaand of course his power is listed as "Magic" but I can't find anything that SAYS WHAT HE CAN DO. So just make something up. Probably Blast or Create or something. The character is apparently pretty known for his excessive arrogance, but grows out of it.
If my memory is worth anything, I read the first half dozen of the Legionnaires book when it came out and Dragonmage was pretty much your standard "do anything mage" type, but all his spells manifested as dragons (hence the name). Need something big lifted? Big ass dragon appears & lifts it up. Need some of the team moved somewhere else? Giant dragon appears for everyone to ride on. A collapsing wall about to crush bystanders? He calls up a huge dragon to hold it up. Bad guy needs blasted? He conjures a large dragon to breath "fire" at them.

You get the idea.

The other thing about Dragonmage is he had "control problems" as in sometimes his spells would get away from him and turn destructive to the area.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kreuzritter

Re: Kent Shakespeare

Post by kreuzritter »

Ares wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:39 am God this is stupid. A racial ability to turn into a fortress is only cool if you're a Transformer. Did they really need to make the Legion HQ into some brain-dead kid rather than just a building?
arguably less stupid than the other silver age Clubhouse origin