Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Wildfire! Dawnstar! Legion Rejects! Nemesis Kid!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

more expo stories!
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:14 pm Man, the Hunter looks like he’d have been considered too lame to be a Hostess Fruit Pie villain... and those guys had a mob boss who’s only “power” was that he really enjoyed eating peaches.
Who's Peaches?
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Jabroniville

Saturn Queen

Post by Jabroniville »

"I’m from the planet Saturn, where there has been no crime at all for centuries, and where everyone can perform amazing mental feats! One day, when I traveled to Earth, I felt a sudden desire to outwit the law with my powers of super-hypnotism, and so I joined the Legion of Super-Villains!"
-Saturn Queen's entire motivation

SATURN QUEEN (Eve Aries)
Created By:
Jerry Siegel & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Superman #147 (Aug. 1961)
Home Planet: Titan (Moon of Saturn)
Origin of Powers: Racial Abilities
Eras: Original only
Role: Copycat Villain
PL 12 (157)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+3)
Deception 10 (+14)
Expertise (Space Villain) 5 (+8)
Insight 4 (+8)
Perception 3 (+7)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative 2, Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Titanian Physiology"
"Telepathy" Mental Communication 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area) Linked to Mind-Reading 12 (Feats: Subtle, Sensory Link) (Extras: Effortless) (53) -- [65]
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 12 (Feats: Dynamic, Mental Link) (50)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Stun" Affliction 12 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (37)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Blast" Blast 12 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range, Will Save) (49)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Mental Blast" Damage 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Will Save) (41)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telelocation" Senses 5 (Mental Detection- Extended 4) (Feats: Dynamic) (6)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion (Visuals) 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Selective) (Flaws: Phantasms) (21)
"Mental Shield" Enhanced Will Save 4 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Mental Attacks) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Mind-Reading -- (+12 Perception-Ranged Reading, DC 22)
Mind Control/Mental Stun -- (+12 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Mental Blast -- (+12 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Area Mental Blast +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +8 (+10 vs. Mental Attacks)

Complications: 
Enemy (Saturn Girl, The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Motivation (Evil)- Saturnians usually don't have crime on their homeworld, but Eve suddenly got the idea to use her powers to commit treacherous acts when on Earth.
Responsibility (Sees Everyone as Deviant)- Eve looks into people's minds to find their darkest desires- she believes that all people are inherently corrupt and horrible.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 67 / Defenses: 17 (157)

-Debuting with the trio of the initial Legion of Super-Villains members as an adult in the future (well, the future OF the future), Saturn Queen turned evil as soon as she went to Earth, which had more crime than the telepathic world of Saturn's Moon. Saturn Queen was turned good thanks to the energy given off by the rings of Saturn, which had always prevented evil (the sixties were WEEEEIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD), and she was never really used in the "modern-day" Legion stories, unlike Lightning Lord & Cosmic King. She reappears having married Matter-Eater Lad (!!!), and is a good guy.

-She gets more "out of Legion" use, showing up in a Batman/Superman arc (where she and the other two LOSV founders take control of Bruce & Clark at a young age and set up a brutal dictatorship under their power), and a Supergirl one. Screw-ups in continuity from Infinite Crisis bring back her reality (the Batman/Superman Alternate Future one), and she brainwashes Ultraman into thinking she's his mother. Here, they form another dictatorship on Kandor, but Supergirl & Power Girl wipe them out, creating a revolution that likely kills the two of them.

-An evil version reappears in Superboy-Prime's Legion of Super-Villains, exposing the darkest desires of her victims. She attacks a Saturn Girl, but is stomped by the other two (this being Legion of Three Worlds and all). She later escapes the prison world of Takron-Galtos, and creates another dictatorship.

-She's one of the more powerful of DC's psionics, and actually among their very few female psionics- Marvel generally has a LOT more of those.

-More powerful than Saturn Girl or Esper Lass, Saturn Queen is a PL 12 Psionic who can hurt, stun or control just about anyone eventually (+12 versus most Legionnaire's Will Saves hitting around +6 to +8 most of the time), though she still has that most classic of Psionic weaknesses- physical vulnerability. +3 Toughness is nothing to brag about, and almost any superhero can take her out with one shot. This is why she usually sends one or two Mind-Controlled characters to run interference, or control things from behind the scenes (where her Deception is high enough to easily lead from the rear).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ken wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 pm I thought,with Ol-Vir, it was a twist that was just the dickens, in making him naturally inclined to be some kind of criminal and not some misunderstood orphan or urchin.
Please sir ! I don`t want no more ! :lol: :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

WSMILF! Wicked Step-Mother I’d Like to [Redacted]!

I’ll be in my Batcave.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I liked the Superman/Batman issues where the trio from the LSV came back and took over Bats/Supes lives.
Nice twist on SQ`s suit:

And the others:

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Bladewind wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm
Ken wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:30 pm I thought,with Ol-Vir, it was a twist that was just the dickens, in making him naturally inclined to be some kind of criminal and not some misunderstood orphan or urchin.
Please sir ! I don`t want no more ! :lol: :D
< Wearing Napoleonic Military Hat&Cloths> You don't Want no more?! You don't get to decide that,now have more! :lol: :D
Jabroniville

Lazon

Post by Jabroniville »

LAZON (Cey-Nu)
Created By:
Gerry Conway & Joe Staton
First Appearance: Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes #253 (July 1979)
Home Planet: Dryad
Origin of Powers: Unknown
Role: Energy Being, Flying Blaster
PL 10 (152)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Space Villain) 4 (+3)
Intimidation 3 (+3)
Perception 3 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Light Blasts) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Blasts), Improved Initiative 3, Improved Smash, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Living Light Body"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Flight 18 (500,000 mph) [36]

Energy Aura 7 (28) -- [31]
  • AE: "Energy Slam" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable) (Flaws: Limited to Path Travelled) (18)
  • AE: Energy Blast 11 (Feats: Variable- Any Light) (23)
  • AE: Environment 5 (Light 2) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Energy Aura +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Blasts +8 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Energy Slam +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 
Enemy (The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Responsibility (Impatient)- Lazon is always in a hurry, and constantly races his teammates to complete a mission.

Total: Abilities: 24 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 97 / Defenses: 15 (152)

-Lazon is an impatient guy who can turn into Living Energy and Blast away at people, but doesn't get a whole lot of characterization. He's sort of a Sunfire-type, being a Flying Blaster. In the appearances I have, he's a strict background guy, and chases around Dawnstar at one point, only catching the faster Fanservicey Legionnaire when she's distracted by Wildfire's suit erupting after Magno Lad threw a piece of metal into it. I'm not sure if he can go Insubstantial (you'd think a dude made of light COULD), because he got caught by a punch to the face by Ultra-Boy once, but I'm not sure.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Re: Saturn Queen

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm Image
SATURN QUEEN (Eve Aries)
Among all the good(and rather sexy) outfit's Eve's had,her classic still.....stirs my Utlilty Belt,to quote a Caped Crusader. :D
Jabroniville

Tyr

Post by Jabroniville »

Jesus Christ, these guys.

TYR
Created By:
Carey Bates & Dave Cockrum
First Appearance: Superboy #197 (Sept. 1973)
Home Planet: Tyrraz
Origin of Powers: Racial Abilities
Role: Galactic Warlord
PL 10 (161)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 2 (+9)
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Warlord) 8 (+11)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 5 (Warlord of Tyrraz), Improved Critical (Blasts), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Cybernetic Gun Arm"
Blast 8 [16]
"Brainwashing" Affliction 6 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed to New Personality) (Extras: Progressive +2) [18]
"Sentient/Independent Sight" Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
Features 1: Can Separate and Fly Off [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Cybernetic Blasts +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Motivation (Power)

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 10 (161)

-Tyr is a Galactic Warlord running a planet-sized war machine (which sounds TOTALLY AWESOME, yet never earned him "Major Villain Status" somehow), and brainwashed Timber Wolf into acting as a traitor to the Legion. However, he got figured out and beaten, and he was basically used as a generic background hot-headed figure in the Eye For An Eye LOSV story. He looks REALLY funny, sporting a big mohawk, moustache, red skin, and thigh-high boots, in addition to his Sci-Fi Gun. He, Hunter & Silver Slasher are all wiped out simultaneously when Ayla Ranzz gets her "Lightning Lass" powers back, blowing up the piloting console of Tyr's ship.

-He's PL 10 by virtue of being a great hand-to-hand fighter, and wielding a powerful Blaster that can see behind him and stuff (though "firing independently" could almost mean it was using a Reaction Damage effect, but I never saw him as anything other than a generic Blaster, really). Plus he can mess with people's minds and the gun can fly off.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:42 pm Image

WSMILF! Wicked Step-Mother I’d Like to [Redacted]!

I’ll be in my Batcave.
I swear I've seen a pic or face like this somewhere before. Is this based off of a celebrity or something? Because I've never seen her look like this, and I was like "DURRRRRRRRRRRRR, girl PRETTY...".

It occurs to me the only Saturn Queen story I've ever read was that Batman/Superman one (which I didn't even really like), so I was mostly aware of her from Silver Age costumes. But looking through her ComicVine pics... yeah, the lady gives off a hell of a MILF vibe...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I’m getting a distinct Christina Hendricks vibe.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Her face kind of reminds me of Bianca Beauchamp. A name you should definitely not Google while at work.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Re: Tyr

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:29 am -Tyr is a Galactic Warlord running a planet-sized war machine (which sounds TOTALLY AWESOME, yet never earned him "Major Villain Status" somehow),
I dispute this notion with the following information.

Edit: Fixed.
Last edited by Davies on Wed May 02, 2018 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Re: Tyr

Post by Ken »

Davies wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:39 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 5:29 am -Tyr is a Galactic Warlord running a planet-sized war machine (which sounds TOTALLY AWESOME, yet never earned him "Major Villain Status" somehow),
I dispute this notion with the following information.
Tyr, Tyr again
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.