Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (Legion of Super-Villains! The Fatal Five! Emerald Empress!)

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:44 pm
Davies wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:32 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:28 pm
Yeah, I was thinking of a version that was just a lady, plus a Super-Powered Sidekick in the Eye, but the thought of it Interposing every single round was annoying- she basically FIGHTS like one single entity, so that's how I called it.
The eye never gets specifically targeted in these stories?
Yeah, didn't anyone ever poke the eye, uh, in the eye??
The Comics Code.... Fredric Wertham had a particular hang-up about the injury to the eye motif in comics.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Mano

This site has quite a few different versions of Mano. Is this where you were looking?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Writeups.org has bios for the post-reboot versions of the Fatal Five (and classic Validus.), as well as some people called Caress and Flare.
Jabroniville

Persuader

Post by Jabroniville »

PERSUADER I (Nyeun Chun Ti)
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Curt Swan
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #352 (Jan. 1967)
Home Planet: Unknown
Origin of Powers: Got a Weapon
Eras: Original
Role: Would-Be Conqueror, Weapon Guy
PL 11 (120)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+10)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Space Villain) 3 (+4)
Intimidation 10 (+11)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Never Hits Anyone" Enhanced Fighting 4 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Objects) [4]

"The Atomic Axe" (Extras: Follows Mental Command) (Flaws: Easily Removable) [21]
"Axe Slash" Strength-Damage +10 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Penetrating 12) (24) -- (26 points)
  • AE: "Cuts Through Space" Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) (Extras: Portal +2) (12)
  • AE: "Cuts Through Air Supply" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Progressive +2) (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Atomic Axe +6 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Suffocation +6 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed & Power)

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 17 (120)

-The Persuader is probably the best-ever example in comics of why you don't give a guy a "Weapon That Can Cut Through Anything" if you expect him to be a recurring threat in a world where very few heroes die. Because with a team of 20 possible targets for his Atomic Axe, the Persuader can't seem to hit ANY of them! Though as a classic Silver Age weapon, the Axe's "anything" counts as metaphorical or intangible things, such as "Space", someone's air supply, gravity, or more. I can find almost nothing about his character or his history. Two modern-day Persuaders have appeared, though the first was easily killed by Osiris on a mission with the Suicide Squad.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The "axe that can cut through space" thing reminded me of Skurge the Executioner, whose axe could do the same thing. And then I realized both the Executioner and the Persuader are big, superstrong types with axes that can cut through almost anything, and who generally get lead around by hot women dressed in green. Well. I guess is that shared universe concept of mine the Persuader is going to be some time-displaced Executioner.

I'd draw the line at the "cutting off someone's air supply" bit, but something that can warp space and screw with gravity kind of makes sense if you look at it as something that actually slices through the four fundamental forces. It slices energy, gravity and the weak/strong forces that keep matter together.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Davies

Post by Davies »

I noticed the same thing, and spent a few fruitless moments trying to map the other three to members of the original Masters of Evil.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, "Atomic Axe". That's just awesome.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:38 am I noticed the same thing, and spent a few fruitless moments trying to map the other three to members of the original Masters of Evil.
So:

Tharok = Baron Zemo (disfigured scientific genius and tactician)
Emerald Empress = Enchantress (vain, sexy, green wearing magic user)
The Persuader = The Executioner (duh)
Mano = The Melter (disintegration based power)
Validus = Radioactive Man (superstrong, deadly energies, immune to Superboy/Thor's physical attacks)

Granted, Mano and Validus are WAY more dangerous than the Melter and Radioactive Man, with Validus being more akin to the Destroyer Armor or Mangog.

Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ares wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:42 am Also, "Atomic Axe". That's just awesome.
It’s probably a nasty smelling deodorant, though.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:47 am
Davies wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:38 am I noticed the same thing, and spent a few fruitless moments trying to map the other three to members of the original Masters of Evil.
So:

Tharok = Baron Zemo (disfigured scientific genius and tactician)
Emerald Empress = Enchantress (vain, sexy, green wearing magic user)
The Persuader = The Executioner (duh)
Mano = The Melter (disintegration based power)
Validus = Radioactive Man (superstrong, deadly energies, immune to Superboy/Thor's physical attacks)

Granted, Mano and Validus are WAY more dangerous than the Melter and Radioactive Man, with Validus being more akin to the Destroyer Armor or Mangog.
<starts taking notes for the Freedom Legion's enemies, the 26th century incarnation of the Fearsome>
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Batgirl III wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 4:51 am
Probably still better than most other versions of Axe.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:18 am http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?query=Mano

This site has quite a few different versions of Mano. Is this where you were looking?
These bios are really, really underdone, though. This is the one for the main Mano: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Mano_(Pre-Zero_Hour)

This is his FULL BIO:
Mano of the Fatal Five is one of the Galaxies most dangerous criminals. He hails from the polluted planet of Angtu, located within United Planets space. His planet's atmosphere is hostile to most living things, and he must wear an environment suit to breath the air on foreign worlds. The dome on his head blocks out his face, so his face is only seen as a silhouette.

Mano was embittered at the world around him, he channeled his destructive mutant energy into the planet's surface, ultimately destroying the entire planet.

He was eventually caught the Science Police and was about to head to prison when Cosmic Boy and would give him a full pardon if he would help defeat the Sun-Eater. They also recuited the Emerald Empress, Persuader, Tharok and Validus. These criminals were forced to find fight and defeat the Sun-Eater. The five criminals, with Tharok as their leader, became the Fatal Five.
That's literally just his origin story and nothing else.

Here's the "Reboot" version:
History of character has not yet been written.
Yes, that's all the Wiki has. I've seen six or seven paragraphs written about Marvel villains I've never heard of, and this fifty-year old character who's a major adversary of a once-popular super-team gets THIS.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Scots Dragon wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 am
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:42 am
Scots Dragon wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:30 am

But maybe better smelling than the body odor of the person wearing it.
Jabroniville

Validus

Post by Jabroniville »

VALIDUS (Garridan Ranzz)- Silver Age
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Curt Swan
Home Planet: Zadron
Origin of Powers: Unknown (later: Mutation Via Darkseid)
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Unthinking Monster
PL 18 (228)
STRENGTH
27 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 14 (+11, +14 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle

Powers:
"Twelve Times Stronger Than Superboy" Power-Lifting 8 (800,000,000 tons) [8]
Protection 9 (Extras: Impervious 23) [34]
Immunity 21 (Life Support, Aging, Mental Effects) [21]
Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]

"Brain Bolts" Blast 25 (Feats: Accurate 2) [52]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+27 Damage, DC 42)
Brain Bolts +9 (+25 Ranged Damage, DC 40)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +27 (+12 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Mindless Monster)- Validus must be controlled and directed by others in order to accomplish anything other than wanton destruction.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 128 / Defenses: 19 (228)

VALIDUS (Garridan Ranzz)- Later Eras
Created By:
Jim Shooter & Curt Swan
Home Planet: Zadron
Origin of Powers: Unknown (later: Mutation Via Darkseid)
Eras: Original & Reboot
Role: Unthinking Monster
PL 15 (207)
STRENGTH
23 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 14 (+11, +14 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Twelve Times Stronger Than Superboy" Power-Lifting 8 (800,000,000 tons) [8]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 23) [30]
Immunity 21 (Life Support, Aging, Mental Effects) [21]
Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
Movement 1 (Space Travel 1) [2]

"Brain Bolts" Blast 20 (Feats: Accurate 2) [42]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+23 Damage, DC 38)
Brain Bolts +8 (+20 Ranged Damage, DC 35)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +23 (+12 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Mindless Monster)- Validus must be controlled and directed by others in order to accomplish anything other than wanton destruction.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 118 / Defenses: 19 (207)

-One of the most powerful recurring characters in comic book history, the monster Validus was an unthinking creature at the beck and call of the Fatal Five- he would always do the bidding of Tharok in particular. Validus was INSANELY strong- he was repeatedly shown to be much, MUCH stronger than the Pre-Crisis Superboy, which is absolutely top-tier in terms of power. He's one of the few Legion villains to have slain a Legionnaire- the original Invisible Kid, Lyle Norg, was killed by Validus.

-It was revealed in the 1990s that Validus was actually the creation of Darkseid- as revenge for being defeated by the Legion in The Great Darkness Saga, Darkseid abducted one of the twins of Lightning Lad & Saturn Girl at birth, mutating the unnamed newborn (whose parents never realized they'd had twins- common on Garth Ranzz's Winath) into a monster, then sending him back in time. Darkseid cruelly placed Validus against his parents, in a situation that would cause Garth to either slay Validus, or let the monster kill his other son, Graym. However, Saturn Girl bravely stepped in, saving the day- Darkseid, impressed with her courage, returned Validus to human form.

-The "Five Years Later" era featured a "Validus Plague", an offshoot of Darkseid's tampering- it would kill any Winathians or Titanians it encountered, and thus Garridan had to wear a protective suit. A behemoth named "Mordecai", meanwhile, replaced Validus on the Fatal Five. The Post-Infinite Crisis "Unboot" featured both Validus AND Garridan Ranzz, so it's up in the air who's who.

-"Reboot" era Validus had a different origin, and was significantly weaker. "Validus" was the name of a "Threeboot" legend on Winath, as well- he was worshipped by a cult founded by Mekt "Lightning Lord" Ranzz.

-Validus is strong. VERY, VERY STRONG. It one issue, it took Superboy, Mon-El and Ultra Boy COMBINED just to drop the beast. Superboy estimates that Validus possesses TWELVE TIMES his own strength, which is astonishing for the Silver Age. He has been depicted as destroying an entire planet with his bare hands (actually possible with +27 Strength Damage). His Brain Bolts can level a Kryptonian in a single hit, and he's often seen not even noticing the attacks of the Legion. In short, he's borderline a Cosmic Being in terms of overall might.

-Later eras show Validus as more of a "Really Strong Monster", more along the lines of Superman or Mon-El rather than someone far above them.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.