Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Emerald Empress! Mano! Tharok! Persuader! Validus!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that's it for the Fatal Five- next up: The Legion's worst adversaries who WEREN'T part of groups! It's gonna be Computo, Universo, Evillo... a lotta "Something-Os". Plus... god damn it... Mordru, The Time Trapper and Glorith. WHAT FUN THOSE BUILDS AND CHARACTER HISTORIES ARE GOING TO BE.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Just slap PL X on them. It’s the easiest way, man.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 am Just slap PL X on them. It’s the easiest way, man.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: PL X IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!

I don't care if it's more difficult and a lot more work- everyone NEEDS stats! So I hunkered down, did my research, and scoured tons of sites for...

okay, so I just took my build for Marvel's Kronos and changed the wording of some stuff. DEAL WITH IT, Y'ALL :P!!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Just remember: Mordru has Expertise: Showtunes.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Ares wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:32 am Alyways loved Validus as a bad guy, from the unique look to the fact that he was just about the only villain allowed to be legit stronger than Pre-Crisis Superboy. And not just stronger, so overwhelmingly strong that you needed multiple Kryptonian-class powerhouses to even hurt him. And that design is just awesome.

It was so weird seeing Validus Post-Crisis, where he was portrayed as MUCH weaker, to the point where a giant Violet and Ferro once KOed him with a double shot. Seemed like they missed the entire point of the character.
The Fatal Five got seriously downgraded in power as the years went by, except for the Emerald Empress (who was always a pretty major threat, with the Eye of Ekron even being able to penetrate Superboy's invulnerability) and Tharok (whose threat relied on his Brainiac 5 level intellect, not physical might). Originally, Validus was able to potentially crush Kryptonians or Daxamites in his grip (Mon-El got caught once and had to push to exhaustion to break free before getting turned to paste), and could only be killed by direct exposure to antimatter, black hole level gravity, or the like; Mano's reflexes were fast enough to intercept (Deflect) energy bolts with his hand, making him VERY dangerous given his disintegration ability; and the Persuader was shown tearing through steel walls and shrugging laser blasts while in his battle-armor, which he later inexplicably stopped wearing.

But Jab has it right-if you have villains with nearly instantly lethal attacks (Mano) or whose weapon can maim/kill anyone (Persuader)-then they cannot ever hit ANY HERO, unless one has been designated to die by the writers (poor Lyle Norg is the ONLY LSH member who was slain by a Fatal FIve member). Now, this can work if ube-deadly villains are used really, really sparingly, which was originally the case with the Five. If these foes popped up once or twice a decade, their deadly reputation could have been maintained. But again and again into the 1980s, 90s, and early 00s? Just another group of bad guys. It didn't help that even with the post-COIE downgrade in power Kal-El received, he was still editorially mandated to almost NEVER be outclassed except by cosmic threats or supernatural entities. Same thing happened with Mongul, who was once a feared conqueror who was able to beat Superman hand to hand and commanded technology superior to that of old Krypton. But "protecting" Superman's status in that way robs any pretense of dramatic tension-if Superman actually has to gear up some courage to face down an opponent capable of harming or killing him, THAT's impressive, whereas usually his battles are just such a foregone conclusion its hard to even pretend to care.

So Validus began just another overgrown monster, not a world shattering menace. Marvel has made the same mistake a few times as well-Galactus and Thanos have been so overused that I normally just pass on any stories involving them (likewise Dr. Doom); why should the Avengers be so concerned THIS time, given how often they've defeated this guys?

All my best.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:25 am
Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 am Just slap PL X on them. It’s the easiest way, man.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: PL X IS FOR QUITTERS!!!!

I don't care if it's more difficult and a lot more work- everyone NEEDS stats! So I hunkered down, did my research, and scoured tons of sites for...

okay, so I just took my build for Marvel's Kronos and changed the wording of some stuff. DEAL WITH IT, Y'ALL :P!!!
Exactly!! No PL X!! I love stats! Stat 'em up, Jab!
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

catsi563 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:56 am original WEG Dc Superman was a 25 strength Doomsday a 27

Top end was 28-30+ range being the ralm of Cosmic Entities like the anti-monitor and the like.

Vlidus is listed as strength 19

Ultraboys listed around 21 and Mon-Els a safe bet for about the same listing 21
I am talking about theFIRST series, where the stats went up to 50.

Validus' was 58, Superman 50, Supergirl 48, Mon-El 48, Superboy 47, Night Girl 45, Wonder Woman 45, Ultraboy 44. E-2 Superman was 36 while newby Power Girl was at 33.

When they came out with the SECOND series, Superman was 25. Supergirl was now dead and Superboy did not exist. Mon-El and Andromeda were both 23, Ultraboy and Night Girl were both 22. While Wonder Woman was listed at 16, that was a mistake, that like some Marvel characters, got carried over time and again. WW should have been 23. Power Girl saw a huge rise, from her low first series Str of 33, now up to 22.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

But what do any of those values mean? A Strength 10 compared to a Strength 100 means nothing without knowing what the ratings actually mean...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Spam

Post by Spam »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm But what do any of those values mean? A Strength 10 compared to a Strength 100 means nothing without knowing what the ratings actually mean...
I don't remember the specific numbers, but the progression was the same as MnM 3rd edition. Normal human was 0, doubling with each point after that. So I would think a 10 Strength in each game would be a somewhat the same. A very rough equivalent, but it should gibe you some idea.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm But what do any of those values mean? A Strength 10 compared to a Strength 100 means nothing without knowing what the ratings actually mean...
Ask and yee shall receive.

The Mayfair DC Heroes system had an exponentioal strength system, so that someone with a 4 could lift twice as much weight as someone with a 3. However, it also used a table to resolve dice actions that frequently grouped certain numbers together, so that even though someone with a 4 could lift twice as much as a 3, if they both punched something they would do the same amount of damage.

So, they'd basically breakdown as follows:

Tier 09-10
09: 12 Tons -
10: 25 tons - Etrigan the Demon,

Tier 11-12
11: 50 tons - Big Barda, Kent Shakespeare
12: 100 tons -

Tier 13-15
13: 200 tons -
14: 400 tons - Steel (John Henry Irons)
15: 800 tons -

Tier 16-18
16: 1,600 tons - Lobo, Wonder Woman
17: 3,200 tons -
18: 6,400 tons - Martian Manhunter, Timber Wolf

Tier 19-21
19: 12,800 tons -
20: 25,600 tons - Captain Marvel, Despero, Nightgirl (in shadows)
21: 51,200 tons - Kalibak

Tier 22-24
22: 102,400 tons - Captain Atom, Superboy (Clone), Darkseid (Who's Who), Orion, Powergirl, Ultraboy (Legion Sourcebook)
23: 204,800 tons - Valor (Lar Gand), Andromeda (Laurel Gand)
24: 409,600 tons - Dev-Em (Post-Lead Poisoning), Ultraboy (Who's Who)

Tier 25-27
25: 819,200 tons - Darkseid (3rd ed. Sourcebook), Superman, Superboy (Pocket Universe)
26: 1,638,400 tons - Daxamite (average)
27: 3,276,800 tons - Dev-Em (full power), Doomsday

The difference in damage between the tiers tended to increase by increments of 2 or 3. So lets say each tier was punching something with a durability of 10. They damage they'd do would be:

- Tier 09-10 = 02
- Tier 11-12 = 04
- Tier 13-15 = 07
- Tier 16-18 = 09
- Tier 19-21 = 12
- Tier 22-24 = 15
- Tier 25-27 = 18

So according to this system, and if my math is right, Superman can lift 32 times the weight Captain Marvel can, and deals 50% more damage than him when punching. Meanwhile, Superman can lift 512 times as much weight as Wonder Woman, and deals twice as much damage with his attacks. Meanwhile Timber Wolf can lift more weight than Diana and deal as much damage her with his strikes.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Lori Morning

Post by Jabroniville »

LORI MORNING (aka... 100 Different Names)
Created By:
Tom Peyer & Tom McCraw
First Appearance: Legion of Super-Heroes #75 (December 1995)
Role: Randomly-Powered Hero
Group Affiliations: The Teen Titans (ally)
PL 8 (138)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 4 (+6)
Treatment 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"H-Dial Powers" (Flaws: Removable) [68]
Shapeshift 12 (Powers of Any Hero) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Unreliable Powers, Random Identity Each Hour) (84 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (H-Dial Powers)- Lori will revert to normal form after expending a "pre-set" amount of energy. Larger uses of Extra Effort or other things will lower her powers further.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 68 / Defenses: 12 (138)

-Lori Morning wields the H-Dial, of Dial H For Hero fame. She's the daughter of one of Chronos's henchmen (from a 1989 story that Tom Peyer also wrote), and was afflicted with super-aging by Chronos to stave off the effects of his increased time powers (given by the Satanalogue, Neron). He was defeated by the Legion in a time-travel story-arc, but Lori stayed behind. Looking seventeen, but still being only ten years old, she had no way to return to the 20th Century, and was "adopted" by the Legion. She developed a crush on time-travel researcher Rond Vidar, and was disappointed when he de-aged her successfully.

-Soon after, she gained the H-Dial, and took on various superhero identities to aid the Legion. When they discovered her identity, they rebuffed her, and she joined Leland McCauley's Workforce instead. However, he later pulled a PR move that said that teens should no longer be super-heroes, and the H-Dial was later destroyed. Being a blonde girl of fluctuating age, people suggest she might be the Reboot version of Glorith.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

While i can understand why they wanted to get rid of the H-Dial(i heard that it was notoriously hard to write stories with it involved),i think it was just to get some shock value into LOSH that they used Leland's PR stunt to end a perfectly good character....
Jabroniville

Composite Superman

Post by Jabroniville »

COMPOSITE SUPERMAN (Joseph Meach)
Created By:
Edmond Hamilton & Curt Swan
First Appearance: World's Finest Comics #142 (1964)
Home Planet: Krypton
Origin of Powers: Racial Abilities (Under a Yellow Sun)
Eras: Original only
Role: One-Off Villain
PL 18 (1,029)
STRENGTH
23/24 STAMINA 20/21 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 13 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Custodian) 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"More Powerful Than a Speeding Locomotive" Power-Lifting 7 (500,000 tons) [7]
"The Man of Steel" Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 19) [24]
Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging) [11]

"Weigh Them Down" Affliction 12 (Strength; Impaired, Hindered & Vulnerable/Disabled, Defenseless & Immobile/Paralyzed) (Extras: Extra Condition +2, Ranged) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) Linked to Blast 8 (52) -- [102]
  • AE: "Weigh Down Projectiles" Deflect 10 (Flaws: Limited to Ballistics & Thrown Objects) (5)
  • AE: Environment 4 (Impede Movement 2) (8)
  • AE: "Heat Beam" Damage 15 (Feats: Variable- Heat or Sunlight) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (46)
  • AE: "Heat Vision" Blast 16 (Feats: Variable- Heat, Electricity) (Extended Reach 2) (35)
  • AE: "Freeze Breath" Affliction 14 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (42)
  • AE: "Freeze Cone" Affliction 14 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone, Extra Condition) (42)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) (28)
  • AE: "Super-Breath" Affliction 14 (Strength/Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 11 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (Flaws: Touch Range) (36)
  • AE: Electrical Aura 5 (20)
  • AE: "Drain Electricity" Affliction 10 (Tech Skill of Creator; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (10)
  • AE: "Stun Bolt" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) (16)
  • AE: "Low Gravity" Affliction 8 (Strength; Impaired & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 5 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to Upwards) (39)
  • AE: "Focused Gravity" Affliction 8 (Strength; Impaired & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) Linked to Move Object 5 (Extras: Ranged) (18)
  • AE: "Low-Grav Objects" Move Object 9 (18)
  • AE: "Super-Bite" Damage 6 (Extras: Penetrating 12) (Flaws: Limited to Small Bite-Sized Chunks) Linked to "Matter Eating" Weaken Toughness 12 (Flaws: Limited to Small Bite-Sized Chunks, Limited to Objects) (18)
  • AE: "Coils of Metal" Snare 10 (Feats: Reversible) (Quirks: Requires Metals -2) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Magnetism" Move Object 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Ferrous Material) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: "Magnetic Area" Move Object 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Ferrous Material) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: "Metal Bullets" Blast 8 (Feats: Dynamic, Accurate) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Requires Ferrous Objects) (18)
  • AE: "Magnetize Metals" Move Object 6 (Extras: Affects Others Only +0, Continuous +3) (Flaws: Limited to Metallic Objects -2) (18)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telepathy" Mental Communication 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area) Linked to Mind-Reading 11 (Feats: Subtle, Sensory Link) (Extras: Effortless) (52) -- [65]
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Control 10 (Feats: Dynamic, Mental Link) (42)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Stun" Affliction 11 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (34)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Blast" Blast 11 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range, Will Save) (45)
  • Dynamic AE: "Area Mental Blast" Damage 7 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Will Save) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telelocation" Senses 5 (Mental Detection- Extended 4) (Feats: Dynamic) (6)
  • Dynamic AE: Illusion (Visuals) 10 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Selective) (Flaws: Phantasms) (21)
  • AE: "Sunburst" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (20)
  • AE: Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
  • AE: "Ignite Objects" Damage 6 (Extras: Perception-Ranged +2) (18)
  • AE: "Create Light" Environment 2 (200 feet) (Light) (4)
  • AE: "Drain Heat" Nullify 7 (Extras: Simultaneous, Area- 30ft. Burst) (21)
  • AE: "Bounce-Back Attack" Damage 6 (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited to Damage of Opponent's Attack) (18)
  • AE: "Pinball Attack" Damage 7 (Feats: Ricochet 5, Split 3) (16)
  • AE: "Area Bounce" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Shapeable) (12)
  • AE: "Air to Solid Elements" Create 12 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) (37)
  • AE: "Costume/Air to Solids" Snare 8 (Extras: Perception Range) (32)
  • AE: "Robots to Semi-Solid Blobs" Weaken Toughness 12 (Extras: Perception Range +2) (36)
  • AE: "Make Space Into Air" Immunity 2 (Suffocation 2) (Extras: Affects Others, Area) (6)
  • AE: Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Selective) (21)
"Faster Than a Speeding Bullet"
Flight 20 (2,000,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (41) -- [45]
  • Dynamic AE: Quickness 20 (Feats: Dynamic) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: Speed 18 (500,000 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (19)
Movement 2 (Space Travel 2) [4]

"Legionnaire Immunities"
Immunity 47 (Electrical Effects, High & Low Gravity, Over-Eating, Heat & Fire Damage, Radiation Damage, Falling Damage, Bludgeoning Damage- Half-Effect) [37]

Shrinking 20 (Strength -5, -2 Speed, +10 Defenses, +20 Stealth, -10 Intimidation) (Feats: Atomic) (41) -- [42]
AE: Growth 15 (+16 Mass, +8 Intimidation, +2 Speed, -16 Stealth) -- (96 feet) (Flaws: Limited to Non-ST & STA Boosts) (15) & "Colossal Fists & Feet" Damage 16 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to When At Largest Size) (16)

"Legionnaire Senses"
Senses 39 (Extended Vision & Hearing 4, Analytical, Low-Light, Infra, Ultra & Microvision 4, Vision Penetrates Concealment, Ultra-Hearing, Analytical Weight Detection, Detect Magnetics/Metals- Ranged, Detect Unique Appearances- Analytical, Analytical Hearing, Vision Counters Illusion, Detect Chemicals- Analytical, Detect Phantom Zone Apparitions- Limited to When Phased) [39]
Features 1: May Double Area Effects By Spending Two Hero Points [1]

Shapeshift 2 (Flaws: Limited to Simple Physical Powers) [14]
"Re-Shape Damaged Cells" Regeneration 2 (Feats: Regrowth) [3]
"Chameleon" Morph 4 (Any Form, Size or Shape) [20]
"Trommite Alchemy" Transform 16 (25 tons- Anything to Anything) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Continuous) [128]
"Invisible" Concealment 6 (All Visual Senses, Hearing & Mental Detection) [12]
"Elastic Lad's Stretchiness" Elongation 4 [4]
"Star Boy's Power" Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- High Gravity) [2]
"Saturn Girl's Mental Shield" Enhanced Will Save 4 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Mental Attacks) [2]

"Coluan Physiology: Twelfth-Level Intellect"
Quickness 6 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Abilities) [3]
Enhanced Skills 20: Technology 10 (+23) & Expertise (Science) 10 (+23) [10]
Enhanced Advantages 9: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Skill Mastery 2 (Technology, Science), Ultimate Technology Skill, Ultimate Science Skill, Well-Informed [9]

"Ultra-Power Switching"
"Ultra-Strength" Enhanced Strength 1 (2) -- [5]
AE: "Ultra-Invulnerability" Enhanced Stamina 1 (2)
AE: "Flash Vision" Adds 2 Ranks to All Heat Vision Blasts (2)
AE: "Ultra-Speed" Flight 1 (2)

"Carggite Physiology"
Summon 47 (Extras: 2 Minions +2, Horde, Heroic +2, Controlled) (Flaws: Will Lose A Minion Permanently If Killed) [329]
"Duplicate Devices" Create 3 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Continuous) (Flaws: Limited to Handheld Devices) [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+23 Damage, DC 38)
Ultra-Strength +9 (+24 Damage, DC 39)
Electrical Aura +9 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Super-Bite +9 (+6 Damage & +12 Weaken, DC 21 & 22)
Bounce-Back Attack +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Area Bounce Attack +7 Area (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Colossal Hands & Feet +16 Area (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Heat Vision +9 (+16 Ranged Damage, DC 31)
Flash Vision +9 (+18 Ranged Damage, DC 33)
Heat Beam +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Flash Beam +17 Area (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Freeze Breath +11 (+14 Ranged Affliction, DC 24)
Freeze Cone/Ground Pound +14 Area (+14 Affliction, DC 24)
Weigh Down +9 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Drain Electricity/Metal Coils +9 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Stun Bolt +9 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Low Gravity +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Metal Bullets +9 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Telepathy +11 (+11 Mind Reading, DC 21)
Mind Control/Solar Dazzle -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Mental Stun -- (+11 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Mental Blast -- (+11 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Area Mental Blast +7 (+7 Damage, DC 17)
Illusion -- (+10 Illusion, DC 20)
Sunburst +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Ignite Objects -- (+6 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Drain Heat +7 Area (+7 Nullify, DC 17)
Costume/Air to Solids -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Melt Robots -- (+12 Perception-Ranged Weaken, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Shrinking, DC 18-20), Parry +9 (+11 Shrinking, DC 19-21), Toughness +25 (+26 Ultra-Invulnerability, +10 Impervious), Fortitude +20 (+21 Ultra-Invulnerability), Will +4 (+8 vs. Mental Attacks)

Complications: 
Motivation (Ruling the World)- Meach is a douchebag, and wants to use his powers to take over the world.
Normal Identity (Joseph Meach)- Meach's powers are finite- he will eventually be drained of energy, and lose all knowledge of his identity as Composite Superman.

Total: Abilities: 146 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 860 / Defenses: 9 (1,029)

-Joseph Meach has one of those origins that could only fit the Silver Age- a jerk-ass of a custodian, down-on-his-luck Meach was given a job by Superman himself to take care of the Superman Museum, but instead he just starting hating on Supes because his life still sucked. He was then struck by a bolt of lightning (a recurring Silver Age threat) which had passed through a bunch of statues of the Legion of Super-Heroes, which were actually TINY LIFELESS DUPLICATES of the Legionnaires (why? Because Brainiac 5 is insane, that's why). Thus combining all of the super-powers of that era's Legion, he then started dressing like Superman & Batman (who was before this unrelated to the story) and start kicking ass. Only the fact that his powers had a finite energy source allowed Superman & Batman to win the day- his sheer alottment of super-powers was way too much to handle.

-He reappeared when some douchebag alien named Xan got him his memory back, but he lost his powers again before he could kill the heroes. Remorseful all of a sudden, he leapt in front of an energy blast meant for the good guys, and died a hero. Later stories would often pay homage to the design and concept, but none can top the Silver Ageyness of the original.

-A "Reboot" villain inspired by Composite Superman, "The Composite Man" is a Durlan given the powers of any Legionnaire. He and his sister were given these abilities by a secularist faction on Durla to be weapons, but both resented this- she chose to make her own destiny, while he became a member of the Dark Circle, intending to make his homeworld pay. He is beaten on his rampage when Saturn Girl uses her telepathy to shut down his mind (!!!).

-Composite Superman is completely INSANE in terms of power- he packs all of the powers of Superman, like a lot of Supes foes... but then he goes and COMBINES them with the powers of Supergirl, Mon-El & Ultra-Boy! And then combines THOSE with the powers of Colossal Boy, Shrinking Violet, Triplicate Girl, Lightning Lad, Sun Boy, Light Lass, Star Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy, Invisible Kid, Elastic Lad, Chameleon Boy, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad & Phantom Girl!!

-I mean, this guy has so many Alternate Effects that half of them are completely redundant (part of the fun of a build like this- going completely over the top)- Area Blasts, Perception-Ranged Damage & Afflictions, Snares, Element Lad's Continuous Transform power (outside of the main array- oddly, Star Boy has the most-expensive base power of the Legionnaires, so he gets top billing in the Super-Array), *39* points of Senses, and *37* points of Immunities!! Plus the Variable effects of Shapeshift, Size Shifting powers (he'd be PL 27 if he used all of Violet's Shrinking in conjunction with his durability- in this case he can't go beyond his PL of 18 no matter WHAT his powers are). Plus he can do the Ultra-Boy thing and boost his various powers one at a time, and is as smart as Brainiac 5.

-Perhaps most terrifying? The Carggite Triplication Power- THREE OF THIS GUY CAN FIGHT YOU AT ONCE! AND USE ALL OF THE POWERS!! Thank God Val Armorr wasn't a Legionnaire at this time, or they'd be DONE. At PL 18 by his lonesome, he could fight entire groups of Legionnaires (including Mon-El, Superboy & Ultra-Boy) and come out on top- with all of his Alt-Effects, he could probably fight the whole team. With Triplication, he would EASILY defeat the entire Legion simultaneously. Literally his only flaw is the Normal Identity Complication, which is basically one of those things where the heroes try everything they can do to win, but only come out on top because the GM took pity on them. The dude is as expensive points-wise as A COSMIC BEING.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

The Batman/Superman annual that reintroduced him into current continuity, providing the second picture above, ends on a rather horrific note when he tears himself down the middle in an attempt to deal with the contradictions he embodies. That version of him is much less powerful than this.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Composite Superman was just a beast. I got introduced to him in a late 70s/early 80s Worlds Finest series that had the son of the alien that gave Joe his powers the second time, who used time travel to go back to before the Legion statues were destroyed to give himself those powers. He actually had the foresight to install a timer on his belt that would let him know when his powers were about to start fading, would flee, travel back in time, recharge his powers, the come back to menace the heroes again.

And every time he fought Bruce and Clark it was a total ass kicking. As the CSM liked to brag, he was three times stronger than Superman, and poundsd him into dirt each time. And poor Batman really couldn't contribute much, though he developed the plan that eventually took the second CSM down. That fight involved Superman going to the future and getting the adult Legion to fight the CSM to a standstill.

The only thing I wish we could have seen was Batman attempting to call in the Justice League for help, which was cut short. Now that would have been frickin awesome, the Justice League fighting this guy.

But yeah, this guy was insane. Like Amazo or the Super-Adaptoid on steroids. Good thing this guy never tried to use Brainiac 5's power to come up with a way to make his powers permanent.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.