Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Validus! C. Superman! Computo! Mordru! Universo!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

catsi563 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:29 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 pm Well don't feel too bad about that. You got alot of people in on the joke and the Moore the merrier I always say

edit: damn it Batgirl! I thought I had a Locke on that one
Look at ID this way at least she didn't bruise your EGO in the process :D
don't you dare Derrida me!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

That’s what’s Socrates about philosopher puns, there’s Lotze to choose from! I’m not just trying to Curry favor, I actually considered majoring in Philosophy at school but couldn’t Haack it. I didn’t want to Japaridze my academic career. Well, at least I gave it a Schott, you know what they say: “You live, Yuelin!”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Glorith

Post by Jabroniville »

... WELL THEN. That explains why the writers liked using Glorith more than the Time Trapper for a while there.

GLORITH I
Created By:
Mort Weisinger & Jerry Siegel
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #338 (November 1965)
Home Planet: Baaldur
Eras: Original
Role: Magic Villain, Plot Hole Fixer/Creator
PL 17 (345)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 6 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 10 (+14)
Expertise (Cosmic Lore) 4 (+12)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+12)
Expertise (Space Traveller) 8 (+16)
Expertise (History) 16 (+24)
Insight 4 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 6 (+12)
Persuasion 3 (+8)
Technology 6 (+14)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Ageless Wonder"
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
"Time Goes On" Immortality 10 [20]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
Movement 6 (Space Travel 3, Dimensional Travel 3) [12]

"Mistress of Time"
Immunity 2 (Effects of Time) [2]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Space) [2]
"Slow Enemies" Affliction 17 (Strength/Speed Rank; Dazed, Fatigued & Hindered/Stunned, Immobile & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition +2, Area- 120ft. Burst +3, Selective) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) (114) -- [123]
  • AE: "Slow Enemy" Affliction 17 (Strength/Speed Rank; Dazed, Fatigued & Hindered/Stunned, Immobile & Defenseless/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition +2, Perception Range +2, Selective) (Flaws: Instant Recovery) (97)
  • AE: Teleport 18 (Feats: Increased Mass 10- 25 tons) (Extras: Extended, Accurate) (82)
  • AE: "Age People & Objects" Weaken Toughness 18 (Extras: Affects Objects, Progressive +2, Ranged) (90)
  • AE: "Speed Herself Up" Quickness 18 Linked to Speed 18 (500,000 mph) (36)
  • AE: "Time Portal" Movement 3 (Time Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 10) (Extras: Portal +2) (22)
  • AE: "Send Through The Ages" Movement 3 (Time Travel 3) (Feats: Increased Mass 10) (Extras: Attack 17, Perception Range +2 on 17 ranks) (67)
  • AE: "Astral Form" Remote Sensing 20 (Visuals & Hearing) (Feats: Dynamic, Dimensional) (62)
  • AE: Mind Control 11 (44)
  • AE: Move Object 12 (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Send Through The Ages -- (+17 Perception Ranged Movement Attack, DC 27)
Age People & Objects +12 (+18 Ranged Weaken, DC 28)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +6, Fortitude +10, Will +12

Complications:
Enemy (The Legion of Super-Heroes)
Enemy (Mordru)
Motivation (Power)- Glorith wishes to rule the universe.

Total: Abilities: 84 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 186 / Defenses: 27 (345)

-Glorith was initially a one-off villain in the 1960s (a henchwoman of the Time Trapper who attempts to destroy the Legion by turning them into children; when she fails, he turns her into protoplasm), but was given a great deal of importance in the "Five Years Later" era, when DC attempted to fix some of the massive problems that had developed because of the "continuity fix" of the Crisis. Since there was some dumb "Time Bubble" story where the Time Trapper created a Superboy to "inspire" the Legion and cross over into their stories, it seemed that continuity was fixed... but then DC decided to remove Superboy ENTIRELY for some reason, and this created a time problem where the Legion was never formed. Mordru thus controls much of the known universe, with the unused Glorith appearing as his "First Wife". The White Witch and her allies device a plan to get Glorith to recreate the previous timeline.

-This timeline is sometimes called the "Glorithverse", and consists of Mon-El (renamed Valor) replacing Superboy as the Legion's inspiration, and Supergirl being replaced on their past adventures by Laurel Gand, another Daxamite. Glorith herself replaces the Time Trapper's role in this continuity. She was a persistent villain of the Giffen/Bierbaum Era of the Legion title. Glorith would routinely mess with the Legion, and even destroyed the planet of Daxam! To stop her, Ultra Boy convinced Mordru to attack her- this prevented her from taking over the universe, as the energy used to stop the sorcerer depleted her reserves too much. In revenge, she sent Phantom Girl into the past (making Ultra Boy believe she was dead), and made a 20th Century Durlan into R.J. Brande, who would later fund the Legion.

-Glorith is very important in the Zero Hour event, as her continual messing with the timeline results in the original Time Trapper returning, destabilizing the timeline permanently. The Legion's continuity (then an imcomprehensible mess) was Rebooted entirely. Glorith, arguably a sign of the book's failing, did not appear in any other continuity (though ally Lori Morning resembled her somewhat), and she is stated in Legion of Three Worlds to have died "by pain and torture" at the hands of Mordru. A younger, different character popped up in the Geoff Johns era, but has not appeared in many years.

-I have no earthly idea how powerful Glorith is or was- I'm just operating under the assumption that she's high-level and can fight Mordru on a fairly even keel.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 pm That’s what’s Socrates about philosopher puns, there’s Lotze to choose from! I’m not just trying to Curry favor, I actually considered majoring in Philosophy at school but couldn’t Haack it. I didn’t want to Japaridze my academic career. Well, at least I gave it a Schott, you know what they say: “You live, Yuelin!”

Well, I suppose if you're Abel to do all that without putting your Foot in your mouth, that's Fine, that's your Place

Be careful though because some may say do to the Sher size of your post that you may Plato rough.

Apology accepted though.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

heh that picture of Glorith will get your Stegmuller going
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

(leans out of doorway where he'd been stalling jab)
I'm so Gladd the Gorinth pics around,it really Geitz Myin adrenaline going....
(goes back to stalling jab with a Tally Ho!) :D
Ken

Post by Ken »

It... it's beautiful.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Is everyone over-caffeinated today?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 pm Everybody sing along!
(Gives standing ovation) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Nah were just pavlovian in our response to puns :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Shock wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 pm Is everyone over-caffeinated today?

SOMETHING SOMETHING DEMOCRITUS!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Shock wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 pm Is everyone over-caffeinated today?
No such thing as over caffeinated !

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Jabroniville

Omega

Post by Jabroniville »

OMEGA
Created By:
Jim Starlin, Paul Levitz & Dave Hunt
First Appearance: Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #250 (April 1979)
Home Planet: N/A
Eras: Original Only
Role: One-Off Villain, Universal Extinction Event
PL 20 (304)
STRENGTH
30 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE --

Skills:
None

Advantages:
Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 10, Takedown 2, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 30 (Extras: Impervious) [60]
Protection Growth 6 (Str & Sta +6, +6 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -6 Stealth) -- (18 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [13]
"Burning Skin" Burning Aura 10 [40]
"Burning Eye Rays" Blast 25 (Feats: Accurate 2) [52]
Movement 3 (Space Travel 3) [6]
Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+30 Damage, DC 45)
Eye Rays +14 (+25 Ranged Damage, DC 40)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +30 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude --, Will --

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction of the Universe)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 00--0 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 217 / Defenses: 16 (304)

-Omega was created when Brainiac 5 grew insane over the perceived cavalier attitude that others had to his constant saving of the universe (it's later implied that Glorith was responsible for some of this). Using the Miracle Machine, a device that made one's dreams a reality, he realized he could not imagine the destruction of the universe- it was too big for even him to comprehend. He COULD, howerver, imagine a being that COULD destroy the universe. And so, the monstrous Omega was born. Omega easily defeated Mon-El with a single punch, took Wildfire's "Limit Break" (which destroyed the entire Legion HQ) like it was nothing, and could have killed everyone, but Brainiac confessed that he alone could stop it, so long as he was made ruler of the universe. When the Legion reluctantly agreed, he instructed Matter-Eater Lad, then retired on Bismoll, to consume the Miracle Machine. And so this was how they wrote ME-Lad out of the series, as he destroys the Machine, but goes into a catatonic, insane state as a result. Omega has never returned, though Brainy's mind recovered. He would spend years trying to cure ME-Lad, though Levitz never used the character much in his run (which was very soon after this).

-Omega is so powerful that Superboy & Mon-El were basically helpless mooks before him, and the punches of Kryptonian-Class beings do nothing. Wildfire's "All my Anti-Energy At Once!" attack didn't even knock him down! He's more of a plot device than a character, really. All that's known is that the heroes have no way of defeating him.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 30, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mordru! Time Trapper! LOSH Builds Done!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Didn't even plan it that way, but Omega is, appropriately enough, the final build in the Legion series! Yeah, that was a bit of a slog at the end, there. DC has pretty shit villains, for the most part.