Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds!

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote:Heh. The new builds aren't addressing anything I have any interest in currently, but I thought I'd pop in and cheer you on! Go Jab, go!

I hope you keep posting here (even though it looks like RA might be saved), because I've left RA permanently, with a less than complimentary PM to the mods and not having your thread leaves me one less place to be a crotchety bastich. May the excellent randomness of your build thread last for years to come!
Thanks, Horsenhero! I dunno if you heard about ALL of what happened (GR has basically gone "people are trolling us, so we're killing everything!"), but it's good to see you here.

Personally, keeping BOTH forums going was something I'd have rather not happened, because naturally anyone who DIDN'T see what happened is going to just stick around, and this will create an inevitable "split" in the community (which, let's face it, has been happening since 2e came out and GR's product line kept diminishing)... having TWO forums will just create a mess where some stick around, some move here... and eventually both are weaker.

But anyone who was around just for Roll Call had best stay here, I guess. Because very few things could get ME to stop building characters :).
danelsan

Re: Eagle

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote:GREAT to see you here, Danelsan! We'll get our "Echo Chamber" going :)!

And yeah, from what I hear, Chaos was fun, but people found the "Balance" flaws in it too quickly, and it ruined the game's longevity on the "Tournament" scene, with too many dominant characters.
Yeah, all the hidden characters are ridiculous and the bosses, well, SNK-hard and all that XD You can probably get a relatively balanced tournament going, but it is gonna take banning, like, half the game's roster or something XD

I don't even like playing online with strangers, though, so these imbalances never mattered much when playing with my friends. For all that we like fighting games, we are nothing on tournament levels anyway. Sure, we could beat randos in the arcade (my friends more than me - I started enjoying fighting games later than them, and mostly on consoles, so I'm much worse than them on arcade sticks), somewhat often even beating their whole trio with a single character in KoF, but between people who actually care to learn the infinite combo chains and cancels and so on, and the lag troubles with Brazilian-grade internet connection, we are no more than C grade players online, probably.

well, back then anyway. These days, with much less practice, I'm much, much worse. Terrible timing, the damn X-Box controller refusing to understand my commands, forgot a lot of the moves...pretty crappy, all things told XD
Still having fun with my friend's KoF XIV, ugly-ass graphics and everything, though ^__^

We all have some favorite characters, but we try to play with every one of them in various match ups. Sure, I have a friend in which, for every new KoF, our first fight MUST be him playing the Fatal Fury team and me playing the Art of Fighting team, but then we just try out everybody vs everybody.

EDIT: For the record, unless they are gonna fire Fildrigar from the Mod position and publicly recognize their screw-up , I'm not going back to Ronin Army forum.

EDIT 2: Jeebus, second day of this place and Jab already has 60 posts XD
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Jabroniville wrote:
Horsenhero wrote:Heh. The new builds aren't addressing anything I have any interest in currently, but I thought I'd pop in and cheer you on! Go Jab, go!

I hope you keep posting here (even though it looks like RA might be saved), because I've left RA permanently, with a less than complimentary PM to the mods and not having your thread leaves me one less place to be a crotchety bastich. May the excellent randomness of your build thread last for years to come!
Thanks, Horsenhero! I dunno if you heard about ALL of what happened (GR has basically gone "people are trolling us, so we're killing everything!"), but it's good to see you here.

Personally, keeping BOTH forums going was something I'd have rather not happened, because naturally anyone who DIDN'T see what happened is going to just stick around, and this will create an inevitable "split" in the community (which, let's face it, has been happening since 2e came out and GR's product line kept diminishing)... having TWO forums will just create a mess where some stick around, some move here... and eventually both are weaker.

But anyone who was around just for Roll Call had best stay here, I guess. Because very few things could get ME to stop building characters :).
Well, Danica announced that apparently the staff had a meeting and believes the RA boards can be saved, but they need to wait for Nicole to return from vacation to finalize plans. Since I, through a PM, (politely) gave the mods over there the metaphorical finger on behalf of BGIII, my return to that venue is highly unlikely. I pretty much double-dog dared them to give me a lifetime ban. So, I'm invested in this forum now for better or worse. I mean, sure I've got DA and my art groups of FB to fall back on, but this is my gaming group...or it will be once we get some more foot traffic.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Glad to see you're more or less picking up where you left off Jab. Can't wait for you to spam these out. Really hoping you still do the Darkstalkers builds.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Jab, so good to see this back up and running; it's like things are back to normal in the world again.

I also really nerded out reading your retrospective on the posting process. It was interesting in itself, and it also happened to come to me just when I was trying to decide whether I wanted to try my own hand at a builds project.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Having one's own builds project thread is pretty cool.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Sagat

Post by Jabroniville »

Sagat is not God Tier. God is Sagat Tier.
-Fighting Game fable

SAGAT
Created By:
Manabu Takemura
First Appearance: Street Fighter (1987)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II- All Games, Street Fighter Alpha 1-3, Street Fighter IV- All Games, Street Fighter EX2-3, Capcom (vs) SNK 1-2 & Chaos, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter: The Movie
Home Country: Thailand
Role: The Boss (First Game), The Dragon (to Bison), Grudge-Bearer
Vague Martial Art Basis: Muay Thai Kickboxing
PL 11 (152)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 7 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 8 (+16)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 10 (+11)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 13 (+14)
Perception 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Tiger!) 8 (+14)

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit 2 (Shadowloo Enforcer), Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless (Sagat doesn't fear death... Death fears Sagat), Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Tiger!), Improved Critical (Tiger Uppercut/Knee) 3, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Last Stand, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Huge Size" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) [2]

"Special Moves"
"Tiger!" Blast 5 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 1) (Diminished Range -1) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: "Tiger Uppercut!" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: Tiger Knee!" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Tiger Uppercut/Knee +14 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Tiger Shot +14 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +6 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications: 
Motivation (Revenge)- Sagat is consumed with thoughts of revenge and pride, for he was defeated by Ryu several years ago. His chest permanently scarred, Sagat craves a rematch, and will do anything to get it. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Responsibility (Shadowloo)- Sagat allied with Bison's organization so that they would help him find Ryu. Bison's orders are not to be questioned, and Sagat must remain loyal.
Weakness (Predictability)- Sagat, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 22 + 14 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 20 (152)

-Sagat is easily my favourite Street Fighter character ever- the man is EPIC. And he's probably one of the most dynamic characters in the entire franchise, with many different aspects to him. The boss in the very first SF game, Sagat was scarred by Ryu, who managed to pull out a Last-Minute Superpower and defeat his opponent, despite being massively outmatched. Sagat shows up in the sequel as the Sub-Boss to Bison himself, and is a bitter, twisted man, tortured by his loss and craving revenge. And in this role he sat for years, being known only for both his thirst for revenge/fighter's pride, and for his innate status as a "God Tier" fighter- in more games than any other character, Sagat has sat atop the highest "tiers", as his incredible reach and well-rounded moveset (consisting of high & low fireballs and an uppercut) made him lethal against a variety of different fighters.

-The Street Fighter Alpha series would alter Sagat quite a bit. The tall, lanky character of SFII was replaced by an absolute MONSTER of a man- 7'4" of muscle and hatred. Still the same character at first, the game added in things, like a strong sense of Fighter's Honour, and he comes to recognize his own flaws through his matches with others. When Sagat meets Dan Hibiki, he recognizes his own thirst for revenge in the man whose father was killed by Sagat, and so Sagat willingly throws the fight to give Dan proper closure.

-Sagat ended up playing very well against the other characters, too. He hates Ryu deeply, but respects his fighting skill, and actually fights a possessed-with-evil Ryu, doing the "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE SOMEWHERE!!" thing instead of a more-obvious choice like Ken. One UDON comic shows the horrifying circumstances of Sagat's eye-loss- a lucky shot from Go Hibiki took his eye out, and an enraged Sagat unloaded on Dan's father, literally beating him to death in a no-holds barred beatdown. Dan thus swore vengeance as Sagat did to Ryu, and even this JOKE Character managed to get something out of Sagat, as this is part of the impetus for Sagat giving up his own vengeance, after seeing the hold it has over another. Sagat is also a good contrast to his master, Bison- Bison is pure evil, while Sagat is a once-honorable person who allowed his worst impulses to turn him into a bad one, and so he eventually turns on Shadaloo.

-By Street Fighter IV, Sagat is a much calmer, gentler man, coming back to his village in Thailand speaking of how he "had fun" at the most-recent tournament, and that he met "an old friend", likely being Ryu himself. VERY few SF characters made such a dramatic character shift over the franchise, and the fact that it happened to the once-most-frightening member of the entire roster speaks wonders. Capcom's Fighting Franchise is full of flat character and people defined by silly one-note things ("I'm joining a martial arts tournament to open my own MEXICAN RESTAURANT!"), but SAGAT is a real character above it all. He's so awesome that he fulfills that old role of The Dragon (the offical number two guy to the Big Bad) always being invariably cooler- sometimes called the "Goro Effect".

-Sagat's look is very impressive, too, and deceptively simple. He looks like every OTHER Muay Thai Guy in video games- shorts, wrapped up hands & feet... and only features a handful of small touches here and there. His eyepatch, scar and height are all that differentiate him from the pack. The trick is... those three small things together really add up to more than the sum of their parts. The eyepatch speaks a lot about a fighter- imagine the penalty that would give you in real fistfights- not being able to see attacks from that side. What kind of a man would keep fighting after suffering a disability like that? The chest scar also speaks worlds, because it's actually a giant symbol of the inter-character relations of the series- a living icon of how Ryu has "wronged" Sagat. It also reflects how bad-ass Sagat must be for continuing after suffering an injury like that (and has the side effect of making RYU look like even more of a bad-ass for having inflicted it in the first place!). And then Sagat's size... no mistaking him for any OTHER Muay Thai Guy when he's seven frickin' feet tall and built out of granite. He was huge and bulky in the first game, slimmed down for the second (more befitting a real-life Kickboxer, especially one from Thailand), and then 'roided up big-time for the Alpha series and beyond- this makes him among the most physically-intimidating fighters (and not funny, like the bulky & hairy Zangief). In short, Sagat basically shames every other kickboxer in fighting games- I think only SNK's King stands out as being that distinctive.

-And man, was he TOUGH- Sagat is so great he's been "Soft-Banned" from many a Fighting Tournament, and he's been top tier in many games. The American SF instructions state that "next to Bison, no other fighter comes close to his overall fighting ability", and I wanted my build to reflect that. He's so powerful and dominant that he's a PL higher than even the mighty Ryu & Ken, requiring some extra effort or luck to be defeated. He's got an intimidating presence, scary moves (he's just under Zangief & T. Hawk for power shots), great speed (his Tiger Shot equals Ken's Fireball, but ISN'T Distracting- he busts those suckers out like NUTS) and huge power and reach (both the Power Feat and the extra Accuracy that having longer limbs would give a real fighter- at 7'4", Sagat would be untouchable in melee).

-To those who wish Sagat to be more akin to Ryu & Co., just downgrade his Accuracy (Unarmed & Ranged) by 2 each- that'll bring him down to PL 10 standards.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote:Glad to see you're more or less picking up where you left off Jab. Can't wait for you to spam these out. Really hoping you still do the Darkstalkers builds.
Yup- gonna keep going. Hell, if we had no forum, I'd have just made a blog!
Jabroniville

SF II

Post by Jabroniville »

STREET FIGHTER II:
Four years after the release of Street Fighter (an ETERNITY for sequels by today's standards), Capcom released Street Fighter II: The World Warrior in 1991. Ryu & Ken were back, and Sagat was now a Sub-Boss, consumed by revenge for Ryu (and sporting a brand-new scar). The rest of the cast? Retsu, Joe, Mike, Geki, Eagle, Birdie & Adon were now tossed out completely, and replaced with an entirely new crew. And MY GOD did they do an amazing job in replacing them. Capcom's artists & designers essentially took characters from all corners of the globe (though Canada, Africa & Australia always got the shaft), making every one of them unique and stand-outish in their own way. There's not a weak design in the bunch, which is something you can only say about a tiny handful of Fighting Games (SNK is prone to throwing in like six generic Capcom rip-offs per game, and Capcom themselves started throwing out garbage in its sequels)- Balrog is the most plain, but resembles the most famous bad-ass in the world at the time. Dhalsim is the least-impressive physically, but looks like a demon from Hell, and wears HUMAN SKULLS as a necklace. These guys were crazy, diverse and impressive.

You want to talk influence and creativity? How may quipao-wearing chinese girls do we have in video games? Thank Chun-Li. The Shotoclones (copies of Ken, Ryu & Sagat's movesets) ended up in almost every single fighting game to ever come out, especially Capcom's own (Cyclops, Dmitri, Morrigan) and SNK's (Ryo, Terry, Kyo, K', etc.). All the Fighting Game guys doing wrestling moves worship at the altar of the Red Cyclone. You had Sumo, Fireballs, Uppercuts, a stretchy guy, etc. Most of these character designs are unchanged to this very day, proving their strength.

Overall, there were twelve characters- an incredible EIGHT playable fighters (up from TWO in the last game- and they were just Head Swaps!), and after you beat them, you went up against FOUR unplayable Bosses! And the game was fast, furious and addictive, proving to be much deeper than even CAPCOM had suspected (fans would discover these weird, accidental things called "combos", where you could attack in a certain way that left your opponent open for an unblockable attack afterwards).

And SFII was a SENSATION. So much so that it got about a bajillion (rough estimate) sequels, all of which tweaked a rule or two in certain ways. The first, SFII: Champion Edition gave you the ability to *gasp!* PLAY AS SAME CHARACTER (vs) SAME CHARACTER!! Truly bizarre. And it included the ability to play as the Four Bosses- Balrog, Vega, Sagat & M. Bison became options for the first time ever. Numeroius "hacks" of the game were made to increase the speed of the fighters (throwing a new wrinkle on strategy, as you could move TOO fast to do moves properly), and so Capcom made the next upgarde Street Fighter II Turbo (called Street Fighter II' in Japan, where the ' is pronounced "Dash")- this boosted the speed.

Every single update to the game would add things- various characters gained new abilities (Chun-Li gained a tiny Fireball in Turbo, which eventually turned into the Kikkoken), certain bugs were fixed (Guile would lock a guy in "Handcuffs" by doing his moves a certain way and trapping the opponent in a glitch) or deliberately included in later gameplay (Ryu's Fireball would occasionally turn red). Certain issuse in "balance" would spring up (all-important in a game that functioned as a popular magnet for guys to pit themselves against each other, or even engage in TOURNAMENTS), and so the updates would often switch around a character's framerate or the way certain moves worked- their "priority" would be shifted to make them more or less devastating (some versions of Sagat are often "Soft-Banned" in some tournaments for his insane priority and reach).

The brilliant thing about Street Fighter games is that the depth is so immense that kids can play it and have fun, adults can play it and win (I never knew a damn thing about what the ideal "combos" were, how to parry in Alpha, or do any of the Super-Duper Moves and Cancels and Dash Cancels of the others), and EXPERTS can play it on some obscene "count the frames of invincibility" type of level that require hours and hours of devotion. Now THAT is a game.

The Roster:
(Returning)
1) Ryu
2) Ken
---
3) Chun-Li (sexy Chinese Interpol agent)
4) Guile (American airman who hates Bison)
5) Blanka (Brazilian wildman)
6) Zangief (iconic Russian pro wrestler)
7) Dhalsim (creepy Indian Yoga master who stretches)
8) E. Honda (Japanese Sumo wrestler)

The Bosses:
(Returning)
9) Sagat
---
10) Balrog (American boxer based off of Mike Tyson)
11) Vega (Spanish Ninja & psychopath)
12) M. Bison (the violent dictator/druglord of Shadaloo who is the central villain of the series)

Challenges:
In the meantime, countless challengers had presented themselves. The Art of Fighting was created by SNK, with some guys who left Capcom (never got the whole story behind that), and it was basically a riff on SFII, ripping off most of the concept, and had two guys, Ryo & Robert, go up against a bunch of other challengers, SFI-style. The game was known for being decent, and had EASILY the best fighting game graphics ever for its time, and wouldn't be surpassed by Capcom's stuff until Dark Stalkers. Unfortunately, the game had balance issues, the character designs were mostly rip-offs from Capcom's own stuff the guys had done (Ryo is embarassingly-similar to Ken- I can't even take him seriously. Another dude is just like Guile), and this was always held against the game. Fatal Fury had a much better rep, and had way better character designs, but it too faltered under the Neo*Geo arcade system. King of Fighters came out later, providing us with yearly-installments of awesome, hyper-impossible SNK Boss-using gameplay, and it maintained a loyal (but way smaller) fanbase. Personally, I dig these games, but most of their characters are way too much alike (everyone wears stylish clothing and there are WAY too many Shotoclones), and they're too difficult at high levels to really get into. SNK would eventually go out of business, and the games were liscensed out. I consider Capcom to have won that battle by a LONG ways.

Other challenges came- Mortal Kombat was a SMASH hit in North America, and instantly changed video games forever (along with Night Trap and some other gory games). It was like the 1990s' love of violence super-charged into one form. The games did VERY well for a while (and had much more in-depth plots than most fighters, as nearly every character had a role to play- be it as a rival, a hunter, or a defender of the world), but after MKI and MKII being sensational hits (especially MKII, which REALLY popularized the concept of "Secret Characters" and other stuff that the first game only really touched on), Mortal Kombat 3 came in with a whimper, as gamers realized all at once that the series, while having a flashy story and some great ideas, was a really mediocre bunch of games with balance issues (certain characters were MUCH more useful and cheap, and there were no penalties for using the same attack over and over again in every edition), every character using the same attacks (no differences in high or low punches between anybody), and the graphics quickly became mediocre in the era of polygons. A few more MK games would be crapped out as they screwed the story all over the place, most of which are considered quite awful (3-D was NOT Mortal Kombat's friend), but the modern games seem to be quite well-liked. Capcom won this battle as well after a shaky beginning (MK REALLY made SF redundant for a good while).

It was the rise of 3-D graphics would would prove to be the most-effective challenge, however. Virtua Fighter would debut to a lot of fanfare over its smooth graphics and gameplay, but its successors like Toshinden (then the most popular game on the PlayStation- a "Killer App" that would soon be considered an embarrassing once-popular series) and Tekken gathered steam, making Capcom's various games look old-fashioned. The Arcade Scene was still there for Tournaments and challenges between gamers... but 3-D Fighters had taken the reins and become dominant. Street Fighter would eventually become redundant, and falter badly under these 3-D challengers. And it kinda worked- Street Fighter games went from being THE GAMES to just being one of many successful fighting game series out there. Capcom took a shot at 3-D with the EX series, but mostly gave up on it after a point. The death of the arcade industry also took place during this time, as nearly every good arcade either died or got infested by asinine "Dance" games, and so the series suffered badly, along with some weaker sequels.

However... every OTHER Fighting Game has now fallen before them. Tekken stagnated badly. Virtua Fighter never improved on their weak characters and has fallen by the wayside. Soul Calibre hasn't been a thing for ages. Street Fighter once again stands triumphant.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Me to Sagat: If I hadn't met you, I might have become you.

Nice work, even if my knowledge of SF is basically just the live film.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote:Jab, so good to see this back up and running; it's like things are back to normal in the world again.

I also really nerded out reading your retrospective on the posting process. It was interesting in itself, and it also happened to come to me just when I was trying to decide whether I wanted to try my own hand at a builds project.
Thanks! Going through my old builds was a kick. Cleaning out my old PMs probably made me the saddest for some strange reason- it's not like I haven't changed forums before. I guess it was that "moving day" feeling. I'd kept some of my favorite conversations still in there.

And honestly, posting so without GR overlooking things (or a certain mod overlooking my thread and making pretty clear threats for no other reason than to be rotten and show that he was the boss) will be for the best. We were always under their discretion anyways- it's kind of better to have our own thing. It's not like my thread was ever "Jab's Bigoted, Transphobic, GamerGate-Lovin' Builds" in the first place. Political Debates was my thing, but even those were usually civil.

GR can really spin it however they like, and some people can do victory laps of they want to. Or even keep the old forum up an paint us as bad. I'm happy to have a place of our own. And that enough people (on both sides of the political spectrum) have taken our side is heartening.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Despite my undying love for KoF, I freely admit that in terms of objective and semi-objective qualities, Mortal Kombat X (and now XL) is most likely the best of the current wave of fighting games.

Looks amazing, has a ton of playing modes, including an actual story mode, has a large roster (plus every character has 3 variations, changing their look and moves a bit, on top of the various different outfits), it is decently balanced as far as I can tell, has its unique identity in the tremendous violence and gore, there are fun interactions you can make with the fighting stage (including the hilarious Stage Brutality of the little old lady) and so on.

Really, my only real problem with it is that I never got used to its style of special moves, with the forwards and backs instead of good ol' quarter and half circles XD
Jabroniville

Dhalsim

Post by Jabroniville »

DHALSIM
Created By:
Akira Yasuda
First Appearance: Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter II- All Games, Street Fighter Alpha 2-3, Street Fighter EX1-3, Street Fighter IV- All Games, Street Fighter V, Street Fighter VI, X-Men (vs) Street Fighter, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, Capcom (vs) SNK 1-2, SNK (vs) Capcom Chaos, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter: The Movie
Home Country: India
Role: The Mystic, Stretchy Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Yoga (based off of Kalarippayatu- very early recorded fighting style)
PL 9 (173)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 7 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+15)
Expertise (Mysticism) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+9)
Insight 7 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+13)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 4 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Treatment 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Assesssment, Beginner's Luck, Daze (Persuasion), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Yoga Fire) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Inspire, Luck, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist, Skill Mastery (Mysticism), Trance, Well-Informed

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Yoga Mastery"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
"Floating Dude" Flight 1 (Flaws: Gliding) [1]
"Gross Stretching" Elongation 1 [1]
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Yoga Fire!" Blast 4 (Extras: Secondary Effect 3) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 1) (Diminished Range -1) (8) -- [11]
  • AE: "Yoga Flame!" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2, Secondary Effect 3) (Flaws: Distracting) (7.5)
  • AE: "Yoga Blast!" Damage 6 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents, Accurate 2) (Extras: Secondary Effect 3) (Flaws: Distracting) (Diminished Range -1) (6.5)
  • AE: "Yoga Teleport" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Yoga Fire +12 (+4 Ranged  Damage, DC 19)
Yoga Flame +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Yoga Blast +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +11

Complications: 
Motivation (Money for Village)- A pacifist, Dhalsim only fights to provide money for his poor-as-dirt village in India.
Motivation (Enlightenment)- Dhalsim is a calm, serene man, who wishes to find his own personal enlightement through a combination of meditation and beating the $#!& out of people.
Responsibility (Wife and Son)- Like Ken & Guile, Dhalsim is a loving husband and father. Curiously, his wife is rather hot.
Responsibility (Teacher)- In addition to his own enlightenment, Dhalsim seeks the enlightenment of others.
Weakness (Predictability)- Dhalsim, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 74--37 / Advantages: 24 + 12 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 22 (173)

-I HAAAAAAAATED Dhalsim back in the day. Of all the original Street Fighter crew, he was easily the stupidest-looking, with his skeletal frame, facepaint, torn shorts, sunken stomach, and weird face. The design was so lame that I instantly disliked him, and his "elongated limbs" tricks made him bothersome to fight. I recall him being the hardest guy to use in Super Street Fighter II (he was the only one of 16 I couldn't finish the game with), but Super SFII Turbo apparently had both him & Balrog as the "Top Tier" for expert players. The fact that he did the boring old "I'm the ultra-smart mystic who knows everything, and to whom all people come for advice" was just icing on the Hate Cake- I despise those types of characters. They're usually dreadfully dull, and most writers don't know how to handle them properly, or make them interesting. How they equate an enlightened Yoga master with someone who uppercuts the crap out of Sakura & Chun-Li, I have no idea.

-That said... his design is at least unique. So many other Fighting Games make their "Weird Guy" this fat bespectacled loser or a complete ninny, so the fact that Dhalsim at least pulls off "Creepy" is a good thing. And his modern SF V update, making him a bearded, turbaned fighter, is actually a significant improvement, making him look more benevolent and mystical while retaining the disturbing elements. And hey- he's got SKULLS for a necklace! That's so Monster High. Okay, so they're apparently the skulls of famine/plague victims in his native India... he's wearing baby-heads as fashion. That's weird.

-His fighting style is apparently based off of an Indian fighter in The Master of the Flying Guillotine, a 1976 Kung Fu flick in which the character could also extend his limbs and practise yoga.

-Dhalsim's martial art is based off of one of the earliest-recorded arts- Kalarippayatu- but of course matches it quite poorly (what with all the extendo-limb techniques and diagonal diving headbutts). It was called "Kabbadi" in some places (notably the SF II RPG, which was forced to come up with some weird names and justifications for things). He's also notable for being, along with Blanka, the only inhumanly-coloured dude in the early SF games. Various combinations included blue, yellow or orange skin. I almost long for the days when THAT was as weird as a Street Fighter character got.

-Fighting Style: Dhalsim in the games is kind of a "Poker" character, and has the advantage of long reach- 15 feet of Elongation (1 point- two less than 3 ranks of Reach, oddly enough) to be exact. In addition, he has a standard Blast, a higher-powered Cone (one of very few Area Attacks outside of the Super Moves), an Anti-Air move, moderate Flight, and a short-range Teleport. There's even some tell in the supporting materials (and dialogue in SFIV) that his "Fire" is actually an ILLUSION, and it only works because enemies believe they will be burned by it (this would effectively make it a Damaging Illusion, or just a Blast with a Quirk). All of his Skills & Advantages as a Yoga Master add up to make a very pricey character, but I still consider him below the Ryu/Ken/Chun-Li school of PL 10 powerhouses.

DHALSIM- Fluff/Movie Version
Created By:
Akira Yasuda
Game Appearances: Street Fighter II- All Games, Street Fighter Alpha 2-3, Street Fighter EX1-3, Street Fighter IV- All Games, Street Fighter V, X-Men (vs) Street Fighter, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, Capcom (vs) SNK 1-2, SNK (vs) Capcom Chaos, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter: The Movie
Home Country: India
Role: The Mystic, Stretchy Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Yoga (based off of Kalarippayatu- very early recorded fighting style)
PL 9 (194)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 7 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 7 (+15)
Expertise (Mysticism) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+9)
Insight 7 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+13)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 4 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Treatment 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Assesssment, Beginner's Luck, Daze (Persuasion), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Yoga Fire) 2, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Inspire, Luck, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 6, Ritualist, Skill Mastery (Mysticism), Trance, Well-Informed

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Yoga Mastery"
Immunity 4 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [2]
"Floating Dude" Flight 1 (Flaws: Gliding) [1]
"Gross Stretching" Elongation 1 [1]
Senses 3 (Detect Chi- Ranged, Acute) [3]
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
Mind Control 8 (Flaws: Distracting) (24) -- [29]
  • AE: "Confusion Stuff" Affliction 9 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Perception Range +2) (Flaws: Distracting) (18)
  • AE: "Yoga Fire!" Blast 4 (Extras: Secondary Effect 3) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 1) (Diminished Range -1) (8)
  • AE: "Yoga Blast!" Damage 6 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Extras: Secondary Effect 3) (Flaws: Distracting) (Diminished Range -1) (4.5)
  • AE: "Yoga Flame!" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2, Secondary Effect 3) (Flaws: Distracting) (7.5)
  • AE: "Yoga Teleport" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy) (5)
Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Yoga Fire +12 (+4 Ranged  Damage, DC 19)
Yoga Flame +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +11

Complications: 
Motivation (Enlightenment)- Dhalsim is a calm, serene man, who wishes to find his own personal enlightement through a combination of meditation and beating the $#!& out of people.
Responsibility (Wife and Son)- Like Ken & Guile, Dhalsim is a loving husband and father. Curiously, his wife is rather hot.
Responsibility (Teacher)- In addition to his own enlightenment, Dhalsim seeks the enlightenment of others.
Weakness (Predictability)- Dhalsim, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 74--37 / Advantages: 24 + 12 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 22 (194)

-Here's a Dhalsim that's more akin to what you see in cutscenes and the Animated Movie and stuff- Mind Control and a Mental Stun on top of his fighting capabilities. Apparently the SF tournaments had rules against that kind of stuff. Of course, shooting fire out of your face and slashing people with claws and blowing 'em up with GRENADES is O.K., but what the hell.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Blanka

Post by Jabroniville »

BLANKA (Jimmy)
Created By:
Akira Yasuda
First Appearance: Street Fighter II (1993)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter II- All Games, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter IV- All Games, Street Fighter V (Update), Street Fighter VI, Street Fighter EX2-3, Capcom (vs) SNK 1-2, Street Fight X Tekken, Street Fighter: The Movie
Home Country: Brazil
Role: Lost Boy, Raised by Animals Guy, Animalistic Fighter
Vague Martial Art Basis: Savage Fighting (Capoeria in the U.S.)
PL 9 (147)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+13)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+13)
Expertise (Survival) 9 (+9)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 8 (+6)
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 14 (+12)
Perception 9 (+9)
Stealth 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Daze (Intimidation), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Beast Roll) 2, Improved Critical (Electricity), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Prone Fighting, Startle

Powers:
"Power Strikes" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent, Tracking- Scent) [4]
"Jungle Creature" Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation- Jungles, Wall-Crawling) [4]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Electricity" Energy Aura 3 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Flaws: Distracting) (Feats: Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) Linked to Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree) (Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) (17) -- [19]
  • AE: "Beast Roll" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Backstep Roll" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit If Successfully Agile Feinted the Round Prior) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Beast Roll +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Electricity +11 (+3 Damage & +5 Affliction, DC 20 & 15)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Proving Himself)- Blanka feels like he is an embarassment to his mother (from whom he was separated for years after a plane crash), and wants to prove himself. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Prejudice (Monster)- Blanka is bright green, and has bright orange hair. He cannot pass for an ordinary human.
Weakness (Predictability)- Blanka, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 64--32 / Advantages: 16 + 12 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 22 (147)

-I loved Blanka as a kid, especially his bad-ass deep blue colouring in Super SFII. He stood out from the rest of the pack by being the only non-human-looking character of the entire crew. This was a weird deviation from the normal "Humans with Ki Attacks" concept the series had been going with, but with only one guy, it wasn't so bad. Of course, Capcom later went TOTALLY nuts with this in later games, throwing in Cyborgs, Zombies, Androids and Gods, so that ol' hairball here ended up looking rather mundane. Blanka ended up becoming MUCH more comedic, which is disappointing because his prior "Crazy Animal" character thing was really cool.

-Blanka got a pretty meagre roll in the movie, but hey, at least he WON his fight. Poor Zangief couldn't say the same, as Blanka basically no sold the freaking SPINNING PILEDRIVER of all things (seriously, WTF?), got up, hit a Beast Roll on him, and finished him off with a bite/Electrical attack. His original design called for an African named Anabebe who was raised by a lion (this might explain the mane), but the design bounced around numerous times (including a Tiger Mask-style masked pro wrestler) until they finally settled on a hairy wildman, because the game would be "dull" with only human characters. His skin was originally quite yellow, along with orange hair, but he later shifted to bright green.

-Blanka is a "Jungle Man" from Brazil, but was revealed in his Character Ending to be an American boy named "Jimmy" who was lost in a plane crash. Unfortunately, he's grown increasingly goofy over time, hanging out with Dan Hibiki and acting as comic relief, which has dulled his appeal. He only appeared in the final SF Alpha game, and has yet to be seen in SFV. It doesn't help that his very character concept implies simplicity- there's just not much TOO him- even his "Beast In a World of People" thing is boiled down to "I don't like it when people stare at me".

-Fighting Style: Blanka's a strong, dangerous fighter, using an Aura effect, which is EXTREMELY rare for the series. Similarly, he's got an Affliction Aura that's good for temporarily Stunning people (note that it's not Cumulative- the guy has as good a chance as being KO'd by any individual shot), and also does a bit of damage. Unlike the games, he's not Immobile while using it, since that's a rather more crippling Flaw in a game where it'd be much easier to just avoid him. It does contain the Quirk that he can only turn the Aura on for a few rounds at a time, though he can just restart it after a wait. And since everyone will get injured if they hit him, he's highly-dangerous. There are flaws, however- he's easy as hell to hit when he uses it (so guys can Power Attack like nuts and hope to weather the storm, or they can just pummel him with Blasts if he's dumb enough to try it against a Blaster). He's pricey, but still fits within the PL 9 framework as an offensive "beast".

-His fighting style is also designed around speed and unpredictability- the key problem with fighting Blanka isn't his Electricity- it's the variations of his Rolling attacks. One attack simply blasts forward, while another involves a backwards flip followed by an arcing dive forward, with a range & speed dependent on the Kick button pressed- this means that you never really know which version is coming out to hit you. So his "Backwards Roll" involves an extra bonus if he successfully Agile Feints the previous round. He's also one of the few characters to have an equally high Dodge as Parry- his "Amazon River Run" (a sliding punch from hitting a Crouching Fierce) allows him to pass right under them, and his various hop-based attacks can also let him deftly avoid Fireballs, Sonic Booms & more!

-Upgrading Blanka to a PL 10 is easy. Heck, he'd fit in very well with the Marvel Universe and it's love of monster-men/animal-people. Simply amp up his accuracy (or just remove the Inaccurate from his Beast Rolls, letting him use them with impunity as a PL 10 attack), or boost the power of his Electricity. He'd make a good match for a Daredevil or an Iron Fist.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Guile

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

GUILE
Created By:
Akira Yasuda
Game Appearances: Street Fighter II- All Games, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter IV- All Games, Street Fighter V, Marvel (vs) Capcom 2, Street Fighter EX 1-3, SNK (vs) Capcom 1-2 & Chaos, Capcom Fighting Evolution, Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter: The Movie
Home Country: The United States
Role: The Hero (A few continuities), The Avenging Buddy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Special Forces Training
PL 10 (165)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+16)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Military) 9 (+11)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 4 (+6)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 8 (+9)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 3 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Sonic Boom) 2 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicled 7 (+10)

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack instead of Deception to Feint in Combat), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Equipment 3 (Military Gear), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Sonic Boom), Improved Critical (Flash Kick) 2, Improved Initiative, Last Stand (Ignore All Damage for 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Leadership, Ranged Attack 7, Startle, Teamwork

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Sonic Boom" Blast 5 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 1) (Diminished Range -2) (6) -- [7]
  • AE: "Flash Kick" Strength-Damage +3 (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sonic Boom +12 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Flash Kick +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

Complications: 
Motivation (Revenge Against Bison)- Bison is responsible for the death of Charlie, Guile's best friend and partner. Guile is devoted to revenge, which often consumes him. This involves beating the $#!% out of people.
Responsibility (The U.S. Military)
Relationship (Chun-Li)- The two are platonic partners.|
Relationship (Wife & Daughter)- Guile is a devoted family man... when his thirst for revenge doesn't consume him.
Weakness (Predictability)- Guile, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 68--34 / Advantages: 25 + 13 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 23 (165)

-Guile is as close to a "Main Hero" as the SF universe gets, considering that Ryu isn't so much a good guy as someone who wanders the world beating the hell out of people while perfecting himself. Guile actually has a threat to stop, and a real reason for fighting. Called "William F. Guile" in some American works, he's just "Guile" in Japan. His style is quite distinct, as he fights tough and brutishly, yet with tons of flips, and all his moves are "Charging", allowing him to turtle and fight extremely defensively. He was Top-Tier in Super Street Fighter II, but quite weak in his first canonical appearance in SF Alpha 3 (it was implied that Charlie had trained him, and Guile was still a neophyte), eventually being set-up as a major hero.

-Guile's design is quite distinct, largely because of that iconic flat-top hairstyle. But really, that's all you need sometimes- that hair instantly separates Guile from all of the "Military-Themed" fighters out there. SNK's John, Ralf & Clark have nothing on this guy. He has two American flag tattoos on his arms (part of a deliberate attempt to appeal to American gamers with an "Eagleland"-type design), and surprisingly, his "flipped sprite" version, with the American flag mirrored, is actually a bit true to life, as pilots and soldiers are supposed to have the "stars" portion of the flag closer to their heart. Like many Street Fighter characters, he has some basis in a character from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (a formative, influential manga that's never been popular here because the characters look a bit too metrosexual- to put it delicately- to appeal to Western audiences)- the character Jean Pierre Polnareff is said to be the basis for Guile's look according to at least one producer. Even his name is kind of based off of a JoJo character, as Polnareff's arch-nemesis was a "J. Geil" (named for the Angel is a Centerfold band, as most JoJo characters took names from rock music). He's since become known for an internet meme in which it was discovered that his distinctive theme music (among the best in the series) GOES WITH EVERYTHING.

-Guile was one of the four main characters of the Street Fighter Animated Movie, but surprisingly didn't get a real fight scene until the very end, where Bison upended him by using the dirtiest fighting methods EVER (phasing/teleportation, TK attacks, etc.). So he basically did poorly, but they spent the rest of the movie developing his character, and he DID get to stop Dee Jay's kick with ease. He spends a bit more points than the others thanks to his military skills in addition to everything, plus the fact that he's often called one of the very best fighters in SF continuity.

-Fighting Style: And yeah, Guile's whole schtick in the game was that he had only two moves, but they were DEVASTATING moves, as their charging nature let him get the drop on people big-time, with little danger on his end, as he could "charge" them while still attacking. Thus, he gets a lot of Defensive Advantages for a guy who's built as a big, tough fighter. And his "Command Normals" are extremely numerous for the series, as he has many distinct moves, like a spinning backfist, a sweep that swings out twice, and more- this makes him very versatile up close. Guile fights at PL 10 with his Unarmed, Parry & Flash Kick, making him a powerful opponent in many ways, and among the elite class. Though the SF Movie had him get punked BAD by Bison, it's outright stated that Bison stopped being cheap to fight Ken & Ryu when they stopped him, so it's technically not a "bad showing" as much as he was hopelessly outmatched by a God of War. Like the other highly-skilled characters in SF Lore, Guile is more expensive than normal- when everyone has around the same fighting ability, things like being an elite Soldier or Assassin count, points-wise.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.