Tale of the six Warriors (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Tale of the Five Warriors (Recruitment)

Post by Spectrum »

Which set within 3E are you using for impervious and luck? :)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Camus

Post by Camus »

MacynSnow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:50 am
Nunya B wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:39 am The numbers on Akihito seemed off, so I decided to type him into my system. A few things came up:
- Your equipment sums to 20 EP, requiring only Equipment 4. Your Snare arrows are 15 EP, everything else can be an AE thereof so 5 more EP on top.
- Your Affliction arrows aren't defined. What are the saving throws against the attacks, and what are the conditions they impose? You've got enough points to make both afflictions have Increased Range and Cumulative, which I'd strongly recommend.
- I can't match the costs on either of your Senses powers. For Eagle's Vision, this is because vision is already Accurate so you don't need to buy it and the cost is thus only 3. For Wolf's Ears, I get a cost of 6 or 9: Accurate is 2, Danger Sense is 1, Extended is 1, Counters Concealment is either 2 or 5. If you're buying Counters Concealment in the 2 point mode, you need to indicate what type of concealment it counters.
- I can't replicate your 28 point spending on Defenses. To get the indicated numbers, I see spending of +5 Dodge, +2 Parry, +6 Fortitude, +7 Will. That only sums to 20, not 28.
- Your defenses meet PL caps, no issues there. But your to-hit and effect rank with the bow sum to 18, which is 2 higher than the 16 you're permitted as a PL 8 character. Easiest fix would be to drop two ranks of Ranged Combat skill.
- You have unspent points. If I assume a 5 point Counters Concealment and dropping two ranks of Ranged Combat skill to fit inside PL caps, I only get 112 PP of spending.
Thanks,Nunya! I'll get to work on corrections afap.In my defense,i was using the Weapon master archtype from the mainbook and tried to shrink him down(what i get for being lazy)....
As others pointed out (thanks for doing my job guys!) there are a few things to correct, although minor. I like the concept, very gekokujo, the uprising of the lower classes to positions of power.
On regards to other things people talked about, as far as normal equipment goes, yes it can break as normal objects do, but as easy they are to break they are to replace. So you can consider that as an advantage of sorts. True, there are no votes growing in trees, but you could make your character adept at bow crafting too. So I'm not saying don't grab equipment, just saying that you might be in a situation where you don't have your bow and have to figure out how to get a replacement, perhaps ambushing enemy archers? It might be good role playing material.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Spectrum wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:15 pm Which set within 3E are you using for impervious and luck? :)
Haven't given it much thought, I would consider using luck to reroll saves and checks is fair game, and using the normal impervious rules works too since it doesn't matter too much on 3e
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:29 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:50 am
Nunya B wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:39 am The numbers on Akihito seemed off, so I decided to type him into my system. A few things came up:
- Your equipment sums to 20 EP, requiring only Equipment 4. Your Snare arrows are 15 EP, everything else can be an AE thereof so 5 more EP on top.
- Your Affliction arrows aren't defined. What are the saving throws against the attacks, and what are the conditions they impose? You've got enough points to make both afflictions have Increased Range and Cumulative, which I'd strongly recommend.
- I can't match the costs on either of your Senses powers. For Eagle's Vision, this is because vision is already Accurate so you don't need to buy it and the cost is thus only 3. For Wolf's Ears, I get a cost of 6 or 9: Accurate is 2, Danger Sense is 1, Extended is 1, Counters Concealment is either 2 or 5. If you're buying Counters Concealment in the 2 point mode, you need to indicate what type of concealment it counters.
- I can't replicate your 28 point spending on Defenses. To get the indicated numbers, I see spending of +5 Dodge, +2 Parry, +6 Fortitude, +7 Will. That only sums to 20, not 28.
- Your defenses meet PL caps, no issues there. But your to-hit and effect rank with the bow sum to 18, which is 2 higher than the 16 you're permitted as a PL 8 character. Easiest fix would be to drop two ranks of Ranged Combat skill.
- You have unspent points. If I assume a 5 point Counters Concealment and dropping two ranks of Ranged Combat skill to fit inside PL caps, I only get 112 PP of spending.
Thanks,Nunya! I'll get to work on corrections afap.In my defense,i was using the Weapon master archtype from the mainbook and tried to shrink him down(what i get for being lazy)....
As others pointed out (thanks for doing my job guys!) there are a few things to correct, although minor. I like the concept, very gekokujo, the uprising of the lower classes to positions of power.
On regards to other things people talked about, as far as normal equipment goes, yes it can break as normal objects do, but as easy they are to break they are to replace. So you can consider that as an advantage of sorts. True, there are no votes growing in trees, but you could make your character adept at bow crafting too. So I'm not saying don't grab equipment, just saying that you might be in a situation where you don't have your bow and have to figure out how to get a replacement, perhaps ambushing enemy archers? It might be good role playing material.
Took your advice and made some intresting additions....
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

I assume the Luck question was about Expanded Luck, the variant from Luck Power Profiles says Luck can be taken for other uses of Hero Points instead of just Improve Roll. Which is a fairly important question since two PCs are using it:
Soyokaze has Luck that gives him activations of Leadership or Inspire instead of rerolls and Hama has Luck that gives her Instant Recovery uses instead of rerolls.
The only other alternative I'm aware of is 2e's Luck rules.

@MacynSnow:
- Current PP tally on my end: 50 PP Abilities, 19 PP Skills, 17 PP Advantages, 9 PP Powers, 20 PP Defenses. Total 115 PP.
- In your Defenses section, you list Toughness as 5/2 when it should be 6/2.
- In your Offense section, the to-hit for the arrows hasn't been updated with the new value of +11. The DCs for the special arrows are likewise off, the DCs should be 15 (Base 10 plus effect rank of 5).
- GM may or may not be OK with Counters Concealment (Stealth). Counters Concealment normally negates one descriptor, eg Darkness, Invisibility, etc.
Only real issue left I see is that the bow and arrows has some information missing, which I'll denote with ?s. Right now it's:
Blessed Bow & Quiver: (15 pp per mode, 20 pp total)
· Hiruma Clan Recurve Bow (10 pp)
·· Ranged Damage 5
· “Yūrei” Arrowhead (12 pp)
·· Ranged Damage 5, Affects Insubstantial 2
· “Netto” Arrowhead (15 pp)
·· Snare 5 (Ranged Affliction 5, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree. Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage of Sleight of Hand: Hindered & Vulnerable, Immobile & Defenseless)
· “Suimin” Arrowhead (10 pp)
·· Sleep 5 (Ranged Affliction 5. Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated)
· “Sandā” Arrowhead (15 pp)
·· Ranged Affliction 5, Cumulative. Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: ?, Stunned, ?
· “Raitoningu” Arrowhead (15 pp)
·· Ranged Affliction 5, Cumulative. Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: ?, ?, Incapacitated
Each Affliction should have (barring Limited Degree and Extra Condition) three conditions: One minor one for when the target fails their save by 1-5, one moderate one for when the target fails by 6-10, one major one for when the target fails by 11 or more. The Affliction power lists the choices for each condition.
You also have some free points on the Suimin, Yūrei, and normal arrows if you wanted to spend some points there. They're at 10 and 12 PP and could go up to 15 without increasing the number of equipment ranks you'd need. This is since they're Alternate Effects of a 15 PP power, so you pay just the 1 PP for the AE.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 12:28 am I assume the Luck question was about Expanded Luck, the variant from Luck Power Profiles says Luck can be taken for other uses of Hero Points instead of just Improve Roll. Which is a fairly important question since two PCs are using it:
Soyokaze has Luck that gives him activations of Leadership or Inspire instead of rerolls and Hama has Luck that gives her Instant Recovery uses instead of rerolls.
The only other alternative I'm aware of is 2e's Luck rules.

@MacynSnow:
- Current PP tally on my end: 50 PP Abilities, 19 PP Skills, 17 PP Advantages, 9 PP Powers, 20 PP Defenses. Total 115 PP.
- In your Defenses section, you list Toughness as 5/2 when it should be 6/2.
- In your Offense section, the to-hit for the arrows hasn't been updated with the new value of +11. The DCs for the special arrows are likewise off, the DCs should be 15 (Base 10 plus effect rank of 5).
- GM may or may not be OK with Counters Concealment (Stealth). Counters Concealment normally negates one descriptor, eg Darkness, Invisibility, etc.
Only real issue left I see is that the bow and arrows has some information missing, which I'll denote with ?s. Right now it's:
Blessed Bow & Quiver: (15 pp per mode, 20 pp total)
· Hiruma Clan Recurve Bow (10 pp)
·· Ranged Damage 5
· “Yūrei” Arrowhead (12 pp)
·· Ranged Damage 5, Affects Insubstantial 2
· “Netto” Arrowhead (15 pp)
·· Snare 5 (Ranged Affliction 5, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree. Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage of Sleight of Hand: Hindered & Vulnerable, Immobile & Defenseless)
· “Suimin” Arrowhead (10 pp)
·· Sleep 5 (Ranged Affliction 5. Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated)
· “Sandā” Arrowhead (15 pp)
·· Ranged Affliction 5, Cumulative. Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: ?, Stunned, ?
· “Raitoningu” Arrowhead (15 pp)
·· Ranged Affliction 5, Cumulative. Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude: ?, ?, Incapacitated
Each Affliction should have (barring Limited Degree and Extra Condition) three conditions: One minor one for when the target fails their save by 1-5, one moderate one for when the target fails by 6-10, one major one for when the target fails by 11 or more. The Affliction power lists the choices for each condition.
You also have some free points on the Suimin, Yūrei, and normal arrows if you wanted to spend some points there. They're at 10 and 12 PP and could go up to 15 without increasing the number of equipment ranks you'd need. This is since they're Alternate Effects of a 15 PP power, so you pay just the 1 PP for the AE.
I'll make adjustments AFAP(i'm cyrrently using a PS4 as my old computer is broke down&i'm not at work,so making adjustments to a PC sheet can take awhile),thanks Nunya! :D
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Here's the crunch on Kuroi Kiri or just Kuro for short. Edit: I've started writing out more of a background for Kuro.

Kuroi Kiri

Abilities
Strength 4/8
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Evasion, Great Endurance, Power Attack

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise: Magic 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8)

Powers
Brutish strength
Enhanced Strength 4

Invulnerability
Impervious 4 on Toughness, limited - not against blessed or magical weapons

Mist form
Insubstantial 2, linked to Flight 5 (60 mph)

Eyes of darkness
Senses 2 (darkvision)

Offense:
Initiative +4
Unarmed Attack +8, Close Damage 8

Defenses
Dodge 4+4=8
Parry 0+8=8
Fortitude 0+8=8
Toughness 0+8=8 (Impervious 8)
Will 5+3=8

Power points
Abilities 62
Skills 13
Powers 32
Defenses 9
Advantages 4
Total 120

Complication
Loyalty (Oda Nobunaga) - the priest bound Kuroi Kiri’s true name into an charm and gave it to Oda Nobunaga for safe-keeping, making the daimyo the yokai’s master. With Nobunaga’s disappearance, Kuro is motivated to find him to serve him if he still lives and to recover the charm before anyone else can seize it if he has died.

Heart of darkness - despite seemingly being tamed by the daimyo, Kuro is a savage yokai that delights in death and destruction.

Kuro is a being cloaked in shadows, his face hidden behind a white mask and taloned hands reaching out from under his clothes to rend his foes apart.

The rhythmic jingle of the old priest's staff seemed to echo in the daimyo's hall as he lead the way. "Wise and powerful Oda Nobunaga, I have brought before you this yokai that plagued your lands and hunted your peasants. This charm holds the spirit's true name and thus power over it. Use it wisely to bring redemption and peace to your lands."

The retainers watched with baited breath as the yokai slid forward like a roiling fog coming in, the light glinting of it's white mask as the single focal point in the cloud of darkness. Oda Nobunaga alone seemed unfazed, plucking the charm from the old priest's hand and stepping toward the darkness. The spirit recoiled and the mist spread, but soon reformed into a humanoid shape with some faint wisps the only hint to the black cloaked figure's true nature. Kuroi Kiri bowed his head to his master and awaited his orders.

The bandit cleaned his blade on the clothes of the last merchant to fall, his fellows gathering around the caravan to inspect their bounty. Strewn all around them were the traders and their hired guards, cut down where they stood in the ambush. As the chief of the outlaws started to bark orders to his subordinates, none noticed the black mist flowing out from under one of the carts. "Is this all of your men? It would be troublesome to have to hunt down any others if my bait was a waste."

The bandits spun around in unison, the malevolent voice bringing a cold sweat to the backs of their necks as they clutched their weapons nervously. In their midst stood a black cloaked figure, with a white yokai mask baring it's fangs out from beneath the hood. Suddenly the mask blinked and yellow eyes shone from the hollow pits of it's eyes and the men began to scream as they realized it was no mask at all.

The closest two swung their weapons into the attacker, only for them to swirl through the inky black as though they'd just tried to cut through chilly morning mist. Kuro lashed out with his clawed hands, his fingers suddenly having elongated into monstrous scythes as he cut down the nearest men with ease.

Kuro stood over the mangled bodies of the bandits, admiring his handiwork. "Nobunaga-sama should be pleased. I've dealt with the bandit problem just as he instructed." The black mist flowed forth from the forest, leaving only death and destruction in it's wake as it flew to report to it's master.
Last edited by McGuffin on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Corrections to Akihito have been made finally(Thanks guy's!),so i'd appriciate it if you'd check it out for me,thanks! :D
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

> Corrections to Akihito have been made finally(Thanks guy's!),so i'd appriciate it if you'd check it out for me,thanks!
I get PP costs of: 46PP Abilities, 23PP Skills, 14PP Advantages (excluding Equipment), 20PP Defenses, 1PP Equipment, 23PP Powers. Sum of 127PP. Without knowing your point calculations for each segment I can't tell where our results differ. I could easily have missed something.
I don't understand the "(+9?)" on Athletics.
Ranks on both Senses powers are off from their indicated effects.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 pm > Corrections to Akihito have been made finally(Thanks guy's!),so i'd appriciate it if you'd check it out for me,thanks!
I get PP costs of: 46PP Abilities, 23PP Skills, 14PP Advantages (excluding Equipment), 20PP Defenses, 1PP Equipment, 23PP Powers. Sum of 127PP. Without knowing your point calculations for each segment I can't tell where our results differ. I could easily have missed something.
I don't understand the "(+9?)" on Athletics.
Ranks on both Senses powers are off from their indicated effects.
Wasn't sure on the (+9) on Athletics as a couldn't remember what was put on it....
Alrighty,let see if i can't do some trimming....Now much better,as i got 1 point left&i'm leaving it alone. :D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It kind of seems like you didn't quite finish between all the different iterations.
MacynSnow wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:54 pm Hiruma "Hanta" Akihito
Game Statistics
PL 8, 118/120 PP(2 PP remaining)
Abilities
· STR: 2, STA: 2, DEX: 5, AGI: 5, FGT: 8, INT: 0, AWE: 1, PRE: 0
Attributes 46pp
Skills
· Acrobatic 4(+9) Athletics 4(+9?) Expertise:Criminal 2(+2) Investigation 2(+2) Perception 4(+5) Close Combat:Spear 2(+10)
Persuasion 4(+4) Ranged Combat:Recurve Bow 6(+11) Stealth 4(+9) Expertise: Bowyer/Fletcher 4(+4) Expertise:Shinto Magic 6(+6)
Vehical:Riding 4(+9)
Athletics is STR-based so +6
Skills 23pp
Advantages
· Defensive Roll(2), Equipment(4), Evasion, Improved Critical(Recurve Bow), Accurate Attack, Assessment, Precise Attack(Range:Cover&Concealment:2), Connected, Quick Draw, Artificer, Close Attack(Spear),Move By Attack, Minion(Bōfū the Cranky Warhorse)
issues: You have close attack spear. Close attack is an advantage that doesn't specialize by weapon type.
You have Assessment but no Insight to actually utilize it.
You have 4 ranks of equipment here but less than 1 rank in actual equipment.
18pp?
Powers
“Eagle’s Vision”
Senses 5(Extended Vision-Tracking-Direction Sense)
3pp not 5
“Wolf’s Ears”
Senses(Hearing) 3(Accurate Hearing-Danger Sense-Extended Hearing)
4pp not 3
"Blessed Bow&Arrows"
Removeable 15pool+5AEs-4 = 16pp
“Netto” Arrowhead [Snare], Affliction pr 5, Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Limited Degree (Resisted by Dodge, overcome by Str, Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & immobilized), Dodge DC15
-AE: Arrow Volley, Damage 5, Ranged, Multiattack
-AE: Blessed “Yūrei” Elemental Arrowhead, Damage 5, Ranged, Affects Incorporeal 2, Variable descriptor 2 - Any Element, Homing 1
-AE: Sleep “Suimin” Arrows, Affliction pr 5, Ranged, Cumulative (Resist/Overcome by Fort, Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep), Fort DC15
-AE: Stunning “Sandā” Arrows, Affliction pr 5, Ranged, Cumulative (Resist/Overcome by Fort, Daze, Stun, Incapacitated), Fort DC15
-AE: Flash “Raitoningu” Arrow, Affliction pr 5, Ranged, Area-Burst (Resist/Overcome by Fort, Vision Impair, Vision Disable, Vision Unaware), Dodge DC15 then Fort DC15 or DC12
cool.
Defenses (20 pp)
· Dodge: 10
· Parry: 10
· Fortitude: 8
· Toughness: 6/2*(Without Defensive Roll)
· Will: 8
dodge is 5agi +5pp=10
Parry is 8fgt+ 2pp=10
Fort is 2sta+6pp=8
Will is 1awe+7pp = 8
20pp, cool

But your toughness is 6, 4 without armor, 4 if denied Defensive Roll, 2 if armorless AND denied roll
Offense
-Melee:+8(Close Damage 2)
-Range:+11(Range Damage 5 Crit 19-20)
-Raito Arrows(+5 Electrical Affliction DC 15 )
-Sanda Arrows(+5 Sleep Affliction DC 15 )
Initiative:+5
should specify specific attack
Unarmed: +8(Toughness DC17)
Spear: +10(Toughness DC19, reach?)
Net: +11, Snare
Volley: +11, (Toughness DC 20, Multiattack)
etc....
Specific Equipment
Light leather(Protection 2)
Spear: Damage 2[STR-based]
Spear could have reach to get you to 5 ep
Minion Data
Horse PL3 • MR1 Bōfū
STR 4 STA 4 AGL 1 DEX –4 FGT 4 INT –4 AWE 1 PRE –3
Powers: Growth 4 (Permanent, Innate), Senses 2 (Extended
Vision, Low-Light Vision), Speed 4 (30 MPH).
Skills: Perception 4 (+5).
Offense: Init +1, Attack +4 (Close, Damage 4).
Defenses: Dodge 2, Parry 2, Fortitude 5, Toughness 4, Will 1.
Totals:Abilities –14 + Powers 15 + Advantages 0 + Skills 2 + Defenses 6 = Total 9 points
Totals:Abilities 46 + Advantages 18? + Skills 23 + Defenses 20 + Powers 23 = Total 130 points

Advice: Fix up advantages.
Unless your concept is to be that good with every melee weapon you can relax FGT 8 a bit.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Now let's try this ONE MORE TIME.....

Edit:Now my points should be good.
Camus

Post by Camus »

I've been busy enough that reviewing characters is all I've done a far. I have my notes (in Spanish) and I'll be praying then probably tomorrow.
Also good work everyone in putting forth very nice submissions!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nunya B

Post by Nunya B »

MaycnSnow:
I match your point costs everywhere but Skills, where I get a 22.5 PP cost instead of your stated 24 PP cost.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Nunya B wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 pm MaycnSnow:
I match your point costs everywhere but Skills, where I get a 22.5 PP cost instead of your stated 24 PP cost.
Thanks b! I'm gonna leave it alone,as that's as close as i'm probably gettin' without going over again....