Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bladewind

Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Bladewind »

Index of Builds/ Credits

Credit where Credit is due

The inevitable index thread... :lol:

* Any image posted by me in any thread is generally used without permission and will be removed or credited to the artist and/or its owner at their sole (simple/single) discretion. No disrespect is intended. If I used your image, it's because I felt that it represented the feel of what I was statting.

* I was using art from Phil Cho for some characters, sometimes completely different than the character represented. Credit where credit is due as most of said art was commissioned for Roysovitch's Earth 27 project. All credit to both sources. (In keeping with my disclaimer that I would remove art if requested to, and after discussions with the owner of the art, I've subbed out links instead.)

* I tend to use Ski's Character Sheet to set up my character stats...

* Some of the links to come below point to other threads where I've posted characters instead of double posting. (Especially for game submissions.)

Games I'm In
Kid Martian The Merge: Young Hero Initiative
The Scarab Civitas Crew
Copper The New Mythos

Current Applications

Characters in Limbo/ Random Bladeverse Builds
Dorian (Changeling - Jackelope Wilder)
Gladius Heroes Unlimited
Mask Tabula Rasa
Jericho (Rose Wilson) Arrowverse
Stonewall The Last Chicago Story
Robert Martyn Jr (Werespider) Eldritch City
Maxine Lord Horsenhero's "Injustice" Universe
Puncture
Scarlet Scarab A Freedom City build
Sheerfrost
Torque (OC Autobot)
Wynona Stalks from Shadows
Apollo 13 Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice
Green Lantern Earth 1003 - Crisis of the Secret Wars
Jason Prince Wonder Woman's "Twin Brother."
S.A.L.V.O. - B.A.D. People

Characters in Offline Games
Superboy Myths and Legends
Hot Pursuit Myths and Legends
Invisible Kid Blank Slate
Torch Blank Slate (played by Jewel)

Builds inspired by games
Goblin Spider Spider-Man Inc (The Six)
The Lizard Spider-Man Inc (The Six)
Red Widow Spider-Man Inc (The Six)
Sandstorm Spider-Man Inc (The Six)

Ghost Rider MCU 2.0
Jonathon Pangborn MCU 2.0

Green Lantern 0038 - Barda of New Genesis- Crisis of the Secret Wars
Harbinger - Crisis of the Secret Wars
Red Venom - Crisis of the Secret Wars
Argentum Tenebris - B.A.D. People
Paragon - The Merge

Earth 218 Builds
Atalanta
Cardea - Victoria Roth
Emerald Flame a Legacy Character inspired by my JLAcademy game by Emerald Flame.
Firebird
Masquerade/ Krystina Darkholme
Mischief/ Kestrel Darkholme
Morozko
Satneen/ Catherine Ross
Toxyn
Wildcard 1
Wildcard 2

Earth 219 Builds
Solarhawk LSH: Dawnfire Rising.
Ultra Girl
Vanguard LSH: Dawnfire Rising

Reign of the Mightiest Mortals Builds
Black Vulcan
Captain Marvel Junior
Champion of Eternity
Kid Marvel
Mister Mighty
Sorcerer of Eternity

Art Inspired Builds - FrischDVH
The Scarab/ Dylan Chase
King Sobek
The Pyramid/ Amir Ziyal
Lady Bast
The Nekhbet/ Rania Kephri
The Awesome Ra/ Kamal Adom
Madame Pakhbat/ Kamilah Nour Adam
The Scorpion Queen/ Sabra El-Kahir
Black Set 150th Posted Build !!!
The Sphinx (and Drones) Tarek El-Karim
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 148 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Re: Blade's M&M 3ed Build

Post by Bladewind »

My Builds from the Merge Universe:
Prologue to Annihilation
Bloodstorm (X-Men, Earth 1298)
Colossus
Green Lantern - Allanah Scott
Glitch - James Mason (The Matrix)
Satele Shan (Star Wars)
Dr Fate (Billy Batson) (Power of Shazam/ Dr Fate)
Marathon (Strikeforce Morituri)
Renegade/ Enzo Matrix (Reboot)
AndrAIa (Reboot)
Frisket (Reboot)
Mouse (Reboot)
Power Girl
Tranzor Z (Tranzor Z)
Allura (Voltron)
Wraith (Stargate)
Ghost Rider - Dick Grayson)
Stone Shadow - Sophia redux
Supergirl
Supergirl Blue
Supergirl Red
Nightwing (Robyn Drake)

Cosmic Merge
Brevin Lysander (Star Wars OC)
Barda of New Genesis and Oa The Cosmic Merge
Saturn Girl (LSH/ Stargate)
Mara Jade (Star Wars)
Skyscanner (Reboot Inspired Semi-OC)
Voltron - Black Lion (Voltron)
Intended Pilot - Colonel John Sheppard (Stargate - Atlantis)
Voltron - Blue Lion (Stargate: Atlantis, Voltron)
First Pilot - Colonel John Sheppard (Stargate - Atlantis)
Eventual Pilot - AndrAIa (Reboot)
Voltron - Yellow Lion(Voltron)
Pilot - Renegade/ Enzo Matrix (Reboot)
Voltron - Red Lion (Voltron)
Pilot - Lt Cmdr Sonya Gomez (Star Trek: TNG)
Voltron - Green Lion Voltron)
Pilot Marissa Fairborn (Adora of House Randor) - (Transformers, She-Ra)

Agents and Powers
Alexander MacCleod (Highlander Immortal)
Blueshift - Alex Murphy
Morgan Koral (Jedi)
Ice
Sophia Gargoyles
Whistler's Daughter (Blade Trinity)
William Tranyth (OC Dragon)
V.I.N.Cent (Disney's The Black Hole)

Omega Company
Athens Stargate
Darth Curus OC/ Star Wars
Gwathran Raug OC
Kestra OC (Star Trek/ Star Wars)
Lenasha OC (Star Trek/ Star Wars)
Machiko Noguchi Predator vs Aliens Books
Merrara OC (Star Trek/ Star Wars)
Ming Tsung Mortal Kombat OC
Sektor/ Laserbeak Mortal Kombat/ Transrformers Mash Up

Merge Gestalt Syndrome
League of Supermen
. Stonewall - Kent Danvers
. Sprint - Laurel Danvers
. Shield - Jason Tyler Dent
. Sight - Christina (Chris) Ryan
. Sound - Johanna Ryan
. Scorch - Aaron Trevor
. Sleet - Alexander Mitchell
. Superwoman - Constance Ellison
. Super Solider - Kyle Rogers
Xander Landseman
Samantha Akehurst - Artemis

Tales of London
Hyperion/ Rick Ramsey (Age of Zeus)

Vancouver
Nomad/ James Rogers (Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow)
Torunn Thorsdottir (Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow)
Pacifica (Heroes of the North)
Jacked Up Nobody Agents and Powers Inspired

Young Hero Initiative
Sprint
AlterniTeam
. Wheels
. Cir-El
. Lioness
. Ultra Girl
. Nightwing
. Hot Pursuit
. Kid Martian
. Apollo 13
. Chimera

Transformers
. Starstream (Shattered Glass Transformers)
. Fortress Tiberius/ USS Enterprise Stra Trek Animated/ Transformers
. Apex- O-0
. Lawsuit
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:15 am, edited 34 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Supergirl
PL11/ 186 PP

Abilities
Strength 13,
Stamina 12,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1,
Presence 3

Powers
Kryptonian Powers: (61 points)
Invulnerable: Immunity 6 [All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation (Half Effect)],
Heat Vision: Damage 12 [Ranged]
Alt: Super Senses: Senses 24 [Ultra Hearing, Normal Hearing (Analytical, Accurate x, Extended x5), Vision Penetrates Concealment (Not Lead), Extended Vision 5, Infravision, Microsopic Vision 4 (Atomic), Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Low Light Vision,]
Alt: Super Breath: Affliction 12 [Resisted and Overcomy by Fort: Stunned, Transformed (Frozen); Ranged, Cumulative; Limited Degree]
Alt: Ice Walls [Create 12, Impervious, Proportional)
Flight 12 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Super Speed: Speed 12 [Linked to Quickness 10, Quick Change, Move-by Action]
Dyn: Massive Knockback: Move Object 12 [On a successful hit, target rolls Strength vs effectr rank, flung back distance = Effect Rank - their Mass; Close Range, LimitedDirection (Away); Linked to Strength Damage]
Kryptonian Physiology: (48 points)
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 12
Alt: Flatten: Affliction 12 [Resisted by Dodge (DC 22), Overcome by Strength (DC 22): Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone; Line Area, Extra Condition; Limited Degree; Action – Move (Has to move the distance to use the power)]
Alt: Steam Roll: Damage 12 [Line Area; Action – Move (Has to move the distance to use the power)]
Super Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 11
Uniform: (1 point)
Cape: Feature 1 [Cape has a ""pocket"" capable of storing 100 lbs (!) of material (Using Kryptonian tech of course…)]

Equipment

Standard Equipment
Commlink (1 ep)

Advantages
Improved Initiative 3,
Seize Initiative,
Beginner's Luck,
Interpose,
Power Attack,
Ranged Attack 3,
Extraordinary Effort,
Untapped Potential - Gain 3 ranks for HP use instead of 2
Holding Back/ Solar Flare 3 – Spend HP, Make Will save (each rank gives +1 to the roll) – Succeed on roll and gain 4 PL/ 60 PP]
Teamwork,
Connected,
Inspire 2,

Skills
Athletics (+13),
Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+9),
Deception 3 (+6),
Expertise: Performance 2 (+3),
Expertise: Popular Culture 3 (+4),
Insight 2 (+3),
Intimidation (+3),
Investigation 3 (+4),
Perception 9 (+10),
Persuasion 5 (+8),
Ranged Combat: Heat Vision 5 (+10),
Ranged Combat: Super Breath 4 (+9),
Stealth (+2)

Offense
Initiative +14
Unarmed +9, Damage 13
Heat Vision +10, Damage 12
Super Breath +9, Damage 12, * Affliction, not a damage effect

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 7
Toughness 12 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 12,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 28 + Powers 111 + Advantages 16 + Skills 14 + Defenses 17 = Total 186

Complications
Power Loss: Supergirl loses her powers and her Str/ Sta are reduced to 1/ 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive her of her powers.
Responsibility: Supergirl feels a strong sense of responsibility to use her powers for the benefit of all.
Weakness: Green Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.
Vulnerability: Other forms of Kryptonite can have other effects on her, depending on the GM. A form of Red K, for instance, removed her inhibitions and made her decidedly... mean.
Identity - It's not common knowledge, at least not yet, but Kara Danvers does not exist in or world. Melissa Benoist suffers from MGS, and has essentially become Supergirl… as a result, "Kara" actually has a secret identity and is literally hiding in plain sight.
Solar Flare – The downside to Supergirl's Holding Back advtanage is that she completely loses her powers after using it until the GM says otherwise or she spends a HP

Design Notes
  • Reposted from The Merge
  • No vulnerability to magic on this build. Its ill defined in the comics, and not canon on the show yet so I dropped it.
  • Basis of Starguard's Supergirl, but stronger, "less" attractive (more girl next door, adorkable than jaw dropping hottie.) He ha a lot of ranged effects on his vision powers that I dropped and reallocated.
  • The DEO and her Hank Henshaw did not merge. Alex did, and she is currently working with Coulson. Explaining Kara's Connections.
  • She has used her Super Breath on more than one occasion in the show, and so I put it in.
  • I have opted for an Improved Init of 2, and Seize Init to give Flash his niche, and to have that fallback where she can just be first and that's that.
  • 2017/01/17 - Tweaked Super Strength and Super Stamina - her baseline on both of those is now 1.
  • 2017/01/17 - I added Flatten and Steam Roll - two effects she used together as a power stunt last fight - she still needs to spend a HP to do them both at the same time though...
  • 2017/01/17 Going to leave it for now, but I noticed that her Flight has Dynamic, but no Dynamic Alt Powers...
  • 2017/012/21 With 5 XP, Made Flight and Speed dynamic, (giving her access to Quickness while Flying for instance) adding Massive Knockback to the Flight Array and putting 4 ranks of Regen to represent Fast Healing. Also added a Feature to her cape - used the mechanic for a Dimensional Pocket from Dimension Powers, which essentially gives a Bag of Holding with 100 lbs of space. I will explain that as using Phantom Zone tech on a small scale.
  • 2018/08/31 Made an update, giving her a few XP/ PP after the last story, I've added Holding Back/ Solar Flare to the character. The Complication added as a result is directly linked to that advantage. I find it doubly appropriate for this version of Supergirl as she really doesn't know her own strength.
Background

"When I was a child, my planet, Krypton, was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect my cousin. But my pod got knocked off course and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grown up and become Superman.

"And so I hid my powers until recently, when an accident forced me to reveal myself to the world. To most people, I'm an assistant at CatCo Worldwide Media. But in secret, I worked with my adopted sister and the DEO to protect my city from alien life and anyone else that means to cause it harm.

"Now, with others wearing the family crest, I have bided my time in another role, learning about this world where your fiction was my reality and that of so many others. I have found kindred spirits to the DEO in Homeland Security and with Agent Coulson and his team. And thankfully I have Alex at my side.

"I will protect this world from alien life and anyone else that means to cause it harm as I would my own adopted world.

"I am Supergirl."

Well, that's what she tells people.

The truth of the matter is that while Alex Danvers "crossed over," Kara Danvers did not. Instead, Melissa Benoist suffers from one of the most severe cases of Merge Gestalt Syndrome known to exist to Homeland Security. As a result, she'd not truly as powerful as the character that she portrays on the TV show. Most of her knowledge of said character comes from comics, the scripts she has read and the show bible that she has memorized.

This development has been problematic for her for all of the obvious reasons, not to mention having to deal with a duplicate of one of her close friends who essentially mourns the loss of a sister that Melissa now embodies. And although it's tough for Melissa and Alex, the two are becoming close as Melissa tries to help Alex cope and Alex in turn helps Melissa cope with her powers.
Supergirl
PL15/247 PP

Abilities
Strength 15,
Stamina 16,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1,
Presence 3

Powers
Kryptonian Powers: (78 points)
Invulnerable: Immunity 6 [All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation (Half Effect)],
Heat Vision: Damage 16 [Ranged]
"Staying Power:" Regeneration 10 (1 per round)
Alt: Super Senses: Senses 32 [Ultra Hearing, Normal Hearing (Analytical, Accurate x, Extended x9), Vision Penetrates Concealment (Not Lead), Extended Vision 9, Infravision, Microsopic Vision 4 (Atomic), Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Low Light Vision,]
Alt: Super Breath: Affliction 16 [Resisted and Overcomy by Fort: Stunned, Transformed (Frozen); Ranged, Cumulative; Limited Degree]
Alt: Ice Walls: Create 16 [Impervious; Proportional]
Flight 16 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Super Speed: Speed 14 [Linked to Quickness 14, Regeneration 4]
Dyn: Massive Knockback: Move Object 16 [On a successful hit, target rolls Strength vs effectr rank, flung back distance = Effect Rank - their Mass; Close Range, LimitedDirection (Away); Linked to Strength Damage]

Kryptonian Physiology: (62 points)
Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 14 [Linked Damage 2]
Alt: Flatten: Affliction 16 [Resisted by Dodge (DC 22), Overcome by Strength (DC 22): Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone; Line Area, Extra Condition; Limited Degree; Action – Move (Has to move the distance to use the power)]
Alt: Steam Roll: Damage 16 [Line Area; Action – Move (Has to move the distance to use the power)]
Super Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 15
Uniform: (1 points)
Cape: Feature 1 [Cape has a "pocket" capable of storing 100 lbs (!) of material (Using Kryptonian tech of course…)]

Standard Equipment
Commlink (1 ep)

Advantages
Improved Initiative 5,
Seize Initiative,
Beginner's Luck,
Interpose,
Power Attack,
Ranged Attack 3,
Extraordinary Effort,
Teamwork,
Untapped Potential - Gain 3 ranks for HP use instead of 2
All-Out Attack,
Improved Critical 4 [Heat Vision 16-20],
Instant Up,
Second Chance 1 [Toughness]
Holding Back 3: Spend HP, Make Will save (each rank gives +1 to the roll) – Succeed on roll and gain 4 PL/ 60
Connected,
Inspire 2, Benefit 1

Skills
Athletics (+15),
Close Combat: Unarmed 10 (+13),
Deception 3 (+6),
Expertise: Performance 2 (+3),
Expertise: Popular Culture 3 (+4),
Insight 2 (+3), Intimidation (+3),
Investigation 3 (+4),
Perception 9 (+10),
Persuasion 5 (+8),
Ranged Combat: Heat Vision 9 (+14),
Ranged Combat: Super Breath 8 (+13),
Stealth (+2)

Offense
Initiative +22
Unarmed +13, Damage 17
Heat Vision +14, Damage 16
Super Breath +13, Damage 16, * Affliction, not a damage effect

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 9
Toughness 16 (Def Roll 0), Fortitude 18, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 28 + Powers 151 + Advantages 25 + Skills 18 + Defenses 25 = Total 247

Design Notes
:arrow: +4 PL/+60 PP
:arrow: I did not "just" add powers or increase existing one, I also added to some skill with her powers and defenses as well as some advantages that make her more "badass."
:arrow: The primary reason that I think this fits this character is simply because this is an actress waking up with the powers of the character she portrays - she has no training, no experience and I think she would be somewhat afraid of the damage that she could cause as a result.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:43 am, edited 15 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Nightwing (Robyn Drake)
PL10

Abilities
Strength 8,
Stamina 7,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 7,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Spider-like Abilities: (9 points)
Wall Crawling: Movement 2
Alt: Leaping 4 [120 ft]
Alt: Swinging: Movement 1
Toxin Immunity: Immunity 2 [Must be exposed to toxin at least once],
Tremorsense: Senses 3 [Tactile; Extended 2; Target and Nightwing must be in touch with the same surface]

Yeah, A Spider Does That: (31 points)
Web Spinning: Create 8 [Continuous, Stationary; Permanent; Quirk - must be anchored to something, Flat - Tether]
Alt: Web Spinning: Create 8 [Continuous, Stationary; Permanent; Quirk - must be anchored to something, Flat - Tether]
Alt: Web Throwing: Move Object 8
Alt: Webbing Over the Eyes: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware; Continuous, Ranged, Cumulative; Limited to One Sense (Vision), Fades]
Alt: Web Nets (Safe Fall): Movement 1 [Ranged (Shapeable), Burst Area 2, Affects Others, Attack; Quirk - Requires Anchor]
Alt: Oh Shut Up: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Speech Impaired, 2nd: Speech Disabled; Continuous, Ranged, Cumulative; Limited to One Sense (Vision), Fades, Limited Degree]
Alt: Venom Blast: Damage 10 [Bio-Electric Energy; Ranged]
Alt: Stun Blast: Affliction 10 [(Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated)]

Equipment
Cowl
Darkvision: Senses 2,
Telescopic Lenses: +5 Equipment Bonus to overcome penalty for distance on perception checks

Utility Belt
Flashbang Grenades: Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fortitude: Visual and Auditory Impaired, Visual and Auditory Disabled, Visual and Auditory Unaware; Burst Area, Ranged, Extra Condition]
Alt: Smoke Bombs: Concealment 4 [Attack, Cloud Area (Visual - All)]
Alt: Batarangs: Damage 1 [Strength Based; Ranged, Multi-Attack; Ricochet 2]
Alt: Tear Gas Pellets: Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fortitude: Dazed and Vision Impaired, Stunned and Vision Disabled, Incapacitated; Cloud Area, Progressive, Extra Condition; Sense Dependent (sight)]
Alt: Sleep Gas Pellets: Affliction 5 [Resisted by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; Cloud Area, Ranged]

Standard Equipment

Rebreather (Limited Immunity: Suffocation) (1 ep)
Flashlight (1 ep)

Advantages
Agile Feint,
All-Out Attack,
Defensive Roll 2,
Equipment 5,
Evasion 1,
Hide in Plain Sight,
Improved Defense,
Improved Hold,
Improved Initiative 2,
Instant Up,
Jack-of-all-Trades,
Move-by Action,
Power Attack,
Ranged Attack 4,
Set-Up 1,
Takedown 2,
Well-Informed,

Presence Advantages

Assessment,
Benefit 1 [Cipher: Investigation checks at -5 concerning her]

Skills
Acrobatics 14 (+15),
Athletics 3 (+11),
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+11),
Deception 8 (+10),
Expertise: Computers 10 (+12),
Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+5),
Expertise (+2),
Expertise (+2),
Insight 5 (+7),
Intimidation 4 (+6),
Investigation 10 (+12),
Perception 5 (+7),
Persuasion 5 (+7),
Ranged Combat: Web/Venom 1 (+9),
Sleight of Hand 5 (+9),
Stealth 7 (+8),
Technology 3 (+5),
Treatment (+2),
Vehicles (+4)

Offense
Initiative +9
Venom Blast +9, Damage 10
Unarmed +11, Damage 8
Batarangs +8, Damage 9, Ricochet 2

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 10
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 8,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 66 + Powers 40 + Advantages 27 + Skills 29 + Defenses 21 = Total 183

Complications
Motiviation: Responsibility - with great power... Yeah Right ! Do you have any clue what a thrill jumping off buildings with nothing to stop you but a thin stream of liquid that turns to a string on contact with air? Hell yes !
Identity: Thrillkiller Batgirl - Partly on purpose, partly by chance, Nightwing's current costume is based on an Elseworld`s Batgirl with just a slightly darker tone. She uses this to her advantage on occasion. She considered the Spider Gwen costume when she got here, but ran into Peter Parker and thought that would be tactless.
Relationships: She has a soft spot for anything Bat or Spider related, and if proven to be genuine she'll go out of her way to protect them. (Someone in a Batsuit isn`t automatically going to garner her respect, but proven links to the clan and their motivations is another matter.)
Acceptance/ Justice: Having her parents walk the line between registration and anti-registration, and practicaly being raised in the Bat-Cave for that matter, Robyn has an interesting view of Justice. She aspires to be like Captain America or Superman but sees the need for Batman and Daredevil...

Background
In the mid-nineties, the Justice League and the Avengers were at odds. Members from each team had defected to the other and it was among the first times that Batman and Captain America agreed directly. They`d worked together before, but each had issues with the other`s style and methods. But Captain America and Batman both stood against the government this time, right alongside the Man of Steel. They were at odds with friends like Iron Man, the Flash, the Atom, Spiderman… The Registratrion Act had truly divided heroes.

During that paranoia, SHIELD deployed Spider Woman to Gotham to gather secrets and information on the Bat Family. Knowing full well that Batman would not trust her, Fury had sent Drew in more as a smokescreen and diversion than anything else. But during the intrigue and the drama something unexpected happened… Red Robin and Spider Woman started a relationship!

In 2012, the latest incarnation of the Batman had a new partner. Named Robyn originally in jest, she chose the name of Nightwing and quickly made a name for herself.

Now, a new world, new challenges... Some of the big brains are trying to determine if there's a way to fix things. In the meantime, Robyn is working to defend those that are here.

Design Notes
  • PL 11/165 PP (10/180); 1 Social Advantage/ Rank of Presence; All skills at 3 ranks/ PP
  • This build starts with a Thorpocalypse Spider Woman, some Thorpocalypse Spiderman and adds skills from Red Robin and various equipment from the Bat Clan
  • In the "Yeah, A Spider Does That" array, not all of the powers cap out or use all available points. This is on purpose. For instance, the Web Throwing shouldn't be higher than her strength score...
  • Fades on Webbing Over the Eyes and Oh Shut Up is meant to represent that the web evaporates a bit every round, even if the target continues to be afflicted.
  • Note, the webs are not devices and that I moved Swinging from EP to PP.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Barda of New Genesis
PL11/ 195 pts

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 13,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 6,
Fighting 10,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
New God: (55 points)
Statuesque: Growth 3 [permanent; Innate],
Immortal: Immunity 3 [Aging, Disease, Poison],
Strength of Apokolips:
Power-Lifting 3,
Scott Free: Summon 13 [Heroic; Self powered; Mental Link],
Green Lantern Ring: Feature 1 [Indestrucible]

Mega Rod: (9 points)
Easily Removable (-8 points)
Concussive Blast: Damage 13 [Ranged; Tiring; Accurate]
Alt: Flight 4
Alt: Mega Mace

Apokoliptian Armor: (16 points)
Removable (-4 points)
Enhanced Strength 5,
Enhanced Stamina 5

Mother Box: (23 points)
Device (-16 points)
Deactivate Technology: Nullify 7 [Burst Area, Simultaneous, Broad (Technology), Selective]
Alt: Control Technology: Affliction 11 [Overcome by Technology skill or Will; Perception Range, Affects Objects Only; Limited - Third Degree Only, Limited to Technology]
Alt: Boom Tube: Movement 3 [(Space Travel); Portal; Noticeable]
Alt: Healing 10 [Restorative,; Stabalize, Persistant]
Alt: Universal Translator: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Read, Understand; Affects Othes]

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
All-Out Attack,
Attractive 1,
Chokehold,
Improved Initiative 2,
Interpose,
Assessment,
Power Attack,
Great Endurance,
Leadership

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+4),
Athletics (+11),
Deception (+2),
Expertise: Tactics 5 (+7),
Insight 2 (+4),
Intimidation 4 (+7),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion (+2),
Ranged Combat: Mega Rod 5 (+11),
Stealth (+0)

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +10, Damage 11
Mega Mace +10, Damage 12
Mega Mace (Concussive Blast) +8, Damage 13

Defense
Dodge 9,
Parry 9
Toughness 13 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 13,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 103 + Advantages 9 + Skills 8 + Defenses 15 = Total 195

Complications
Relationship - Barda's love for her husband means she will always be more concerned with his safety than her own
Enemies - Darkseid, the Female Furies, Granny Goodness. Note, that Barda's Darkseid was destroyed.
Mother Box - The Mother Box has a mind of its own and decides who it wants to work for and when.

Scott Free - Lantern Spirit
PL11

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 0,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 0,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 4,
Presence 4

Powers
Lantern Spirit: (24 points)
Ghostly Appearance: Feature 1 [Green Spirit Form, can change into any clothing (Quick Change 2, always green)Noticeable (Glowing Green person), Environment (Light 1) Limited to Personal space],
Energy Form: Morph 3 [Quirk - Always glowing green energy],
Environment Independence: Immunity 10 [Life Support],
Inhabit Ring (Dimensional Travel): Movement 1, ,
Quick Minded: Quickness 2 [Limited to Mental Tasks],
Fingertip Lockpicks: Feature 1 [+10 Circumstance bonus to Technology Checks to pick mechanical locks per rank]
Green Lantern Energies: (37 points)
Flight 9
Alt: Space Flight: Movement 3 [Affects Others, Burst Area, Selective; Enviromental Adaptation (Zero G, Affects Others only)]
Scanning Beam: Variable 2 [Limited to Sense Based Powers],
Universal Translator: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Read, Understand]
Green Lantern Force Bubble: (29 points)
Constructs: Create 13 [Move Action; Proportional; Dynamic]
Dyn: Life Support: Immunity 10 [Burst Area; Affects Others Only; Dimensional, Dynamic]
Green Lantern Offense: (24 points)
Blast: Damage 11 [Ranged; Dimensional]
Alt: Lifting: Move Object 10 [Dimensional, Precise]

Equipment /HQ
Toughness 10: Feature 2,
Size: Feature -1,
Communication: Feature 1,
Living Space: Feature 1,
Power System: Feature 1,
Dimensional Portal: Feature 1,
Sealed: Feature 1,
Secret: Feature 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
Evasion 1,
Fearless,
Luck 2,
Move-by Action,
Redirect, Set-Up 1,
Equipment 2 [HQ within Barda's ring],
Taunt,
Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Athletics (+0),
Deception 10 (+14),
Expertise: Performer 4 (+8),
Insight 4 (+8),
Intimidation (+4),
Perception 8 (+12),
Persuasion 6 (+10),
Ranged Combat: Ring Slinging 7 (+11),
Sleight of Hand 8 (+12),
Stealth (+2),
Technology 1 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +2
Ring Blast +11, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 5,
Parry 3
Toughness 0 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 0,
Will 18

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 114 + Advantages 9 + Skills 16 + Defenses 20 = Total 195

Complications
Power Loss - Although he has the ring - or more accurately the ring has him - Scott Free must recharge periodically at a Power Battery or simply be reduced to a disembodied voice and spirit inhabiting Barda's armor
Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings - Okay, he overheard that from Optimus Prime... but he believes in Freedom and fights for it, both his own and that of others.
Relationship - Scott's love for his wife means he will always be more concerned with her safety than his own

Overall Design Notes:
  • So, on both aspects here, PRE+AWE = Base Will, 1 free Social Advantage per rank in Presence
  • I have to say, part of me screams too much for one character, the other is intrigued.
  • The idea is Barda and Miracle from JLA: Another Nail. This is a two character combo,
  • I took the DCA Barda build and modified it, then took the basis of Mr Miracle and did the same. The Lantern Powers are mostly my own take.
  • I much prefer the Mother Box as a device. Thanks for the push there Nelphine.
  • Given that this is a two-for-one character, note that they share a Hero Point pool, although they can both earn HP for said pool.
  • I contemplated a simple sidekick advantage instead of summon, with mental link. Cost wise, it would be the same. The only advantage would be that I could give Scott 5 PP by spending 1 PP on Sidekick as opposed to 13 points as written. I am keeping that idea in the background for now. If I went that route, I would indicate that I could spend a maximum of 1 point on Scott in this manner for every 5 PP earned, forcing 4 out of 5 points to go towards Barda.
  • UPDATE 06/03/2016 - updated both characters for 3 skill points per power point. Resulted in Barda having a few more advantages, and I gave Scott a Morph effect. It's something I wanted to do on the original build but ran out of points. It essentially means that he can be a part of any energy construct that the lantern energy creates. In the image above of Scott coming out of the machine, in an image a few panels before, Barda "blasts" Darkseid with an energy blast from the ring - a pitiful jagged attack that he dodges. But it was never an attack, it was Scott moving from the ring to the machine...
ImageImage
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

My name is Joel Kent, but these days I`m better known as Superboy.

Although not something I am necessarily proud of, I was born to Ultraman and Superwoman on a parallel Earth where almost all those you know as heroes are villains and most of those you know as villains are heroes... As I said, I am not proud of my lineage but I will not hide from it. It is my duty to protect those that I can from the Syndicate and I will not shy away if people know who I am.

When I was still in my mother`s womb, Owlman exposed her to Gold Kryptonite, effectively robbing me of my Kryptonian heritage. Facing a life as the unpowered son of Ultraman was not one that my mother wished upon me, and in an uncharacteristically kind moment, she arranged for it to appear that I was stillborn and secretly saw to it that I would be delivered to the one person who had a chance of protecting me and seeing me grow to adulthood… Lex Luthor.

Lex saw to it that I grew up knowing who my real parents were, and to always be wary of the Syndicate as it was unlikely that my mother would show me kindness again, and a certainty that my father would attempt to destroy me. Lex saw to it that I kept the name that Superwoman wanted me to have, Joel, as a sort of homage to my homeworld. I chose to keep the surname of Kent as a reminder of what I could have been.

Being powerless, Lex devised a suit for me that gave me powers that put me on par with the rest of his team and made me a potential threat to those in the Syndicate. With dimension spanning and teleportation based powers, I took the name Superboy and the colors of Luthor`s own battle armor as we formed the Justice Underground.

Now, knowing that there is in fact a multiverse out there, I have joined with the Barry Allen of another universe to become both myth and legend, to safeguard the timestreams from an aberration that we have yet to identify but whose effects we have already countered. On board the Goldstar and with the AI Skeets, I am working with Captain Atom, Catwoman, Booster Gold and guided by the Flash, we will protect the multiverse and I will free my world from the control of the Syndicate.

Superboy
PL11/ 188 PP

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 2,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 1,
Presence 3

Powers
Power Suit: (39 points)
Removable (-19 points)
Augmentation Circuits: Enhanced Strength 10,
Augmented Resistance: Enhanced Fortitude 5,
Force Field: Protection 10 [Linked to Immunity (Life Support) 10],
Ear Plugs and Contact Lenses: Senses 7 [Extended Hearing 2, Extended Vision 2, Infravision, Low Light Vision, Radio],
Temporal Inertia: Feature 1 [Immune to Time Paradoxes, will always recall her true timeline regardless of changes],
Temporal Senses: Senses 9 [Precognition/ Postcognition/ Time Sense; Unreliable]

Phantom Zone Circuitry: (40 points)
Phantom Zone Projector: Movement 1 [Perception Ranged, Attack; Resistance DC 20 (Resisted by Dodge or Will)]
Alt: Dimensional Travel (Phantom Zone): Movement 1 [Increased Mass 15 (800 tonnes)]
Alt: Energy Blasters: Damage 12 [Ranged; Variable Descriptor 4; Any Energy Wavelength, Any Environmental]
Alt: Light Control: Environment 5 [Precise]
Alt: Phantom Zone Shunt: Teleport 5 [900 ft/ 30 miles; Affects Others, Accurate, Extended; Others Only; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 13 (200 tonnes)]
Alt: Phantom Form/ Density Decrease: Insubstantial 4
Flight Ring: (13 points)
Anti-Grav Properties: Flight 12 [Does not stack with Existing Strength bonuses; Removable (-4), Aquatic, Dynamic]
Alt: Enhanced Flight: Feature 2 [2 Ranks Enhanced Flight on wearer's existing flight rank; Limited to Enhancing Existing Flight]
Dyn: Super-Strength: Power-Lifting 12 [Dynamic]

Equipment

Advantages
All-Out Attack,
Eidetic Memory,
Improved Initiative 2,
Power Attack,
Interpose,
Jack-of-All-Trades,
Inventor,
Improvised Tools,
Defensive Attack,
Leadership,
Well-Informed

Skills
Acrobatics (+2),
Athletics 4 (+15),
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+7),
Deception 5 (+8),
Expertise: Temporal Events 4 (+5),
Expertise: History 12 (+13),
Expertise: Krypton 8 (+9),
Expertise (+1),
Insight 6 (+7),
Intimidation (+3),
Investigation 5 (+6),
Perception 6 (+7),
Persuasion 9 (+12),
Ranged Combat: Enhancement Suit Weaponry 8 (+10),
Sleight of Hand (+2),
Stealth 2 (+4),
Technology 12 (+13),
Treatment (+1),
Vehicles 8 (+10)

Offense
Initiative +10
Unarmed +7, Damage 13
Energy blasts +10, Damage 12

Defense
Dodge 9,
Parry 10
Toughness 12 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 11,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 92 + Advantages 10 + Skills 31 + Defenses 25 = Total 188 (195)

Complications
Red Stellar Wavelengths – The suit operates on the energy spectrum akin to that of a Red Sun. As such, it dampens Kryptonian powers including his own.
Once a Luthor – His colors and allegiance are heroic on his world, but aligned with Luthor almost everywhere else.
Responsibility: Superboy feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.

Design notes:
  • Superboy is my character in a tabletop game based loosely on the Legends of Tomorrow TV show`s premise. We call it Myths and Legends.
  • The PL/ PP on this one is 12/180 (11/195, 13/165), Skills 3:1, Presence Advantages
  • That said, the Kryptonian Version is PL 11/195, whereas this one was at 188 PP
  • This is a Supernova costume, minus the shrinking/ mass control powers. The character concept is an alternate reality Crime Syndicate version of Superman/Batman Generations. Wherein the Ultra Humanite in Lex Luthor`s body attempted to rob Superman of his powers via Gold Krytponite but instead robbed them from Superman`s unborn son, in his world Lois Lane was exposed to Gold K by Thomas Wayne, the Owlman. He would be taken in by Lex Luthor and raised to be part of the Justice Underground.
  • I've given the GM a possible hook that without the costume, which generates an energy signature similar to that of a red sun, that the effects of Joel`s exposure to Gold K were reversed.. and that he actually has Kryptonian powers. Either way, Joel almost always wears his suit and would be unaware of this development.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Mask
PL10

Abilities
Strength 1,
Stamina 3,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 3,
Intellect 0,
Awareness 1,
Presence 0
Powers
Shapeshifting Metamorph: (80 points)
Mask of a 1000 Faces: Morph 3, 15 points
Duplication: Summon 7 [Active, Multiple Minions 2 (4 minions), Survival, Horde; Mental Link] 64 points
Alt: Power Mimicry: Variable 9 [Move Action; Limited to Powers/ Abilities Possessed by Subject; Quirk - has to have had contact with the subject in last hour] 62 points
Advantages
Defensive Roll 5,
Ranged Attack 8,
Close Attack 6
Skills
Athletics (+1),
Deception 4 (+4),
Insight (+1),
Intimidation 2 (+2),
Perception (+1),
Persuasion (+0),
Stealth 4 (+5)
Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +9, Damage 2
Defense
Dodge 10,
Parry 7
Toughness 8 (Def Roll 5),
Fortitude 8,
Will 11
Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 80 + Advantages 19 + Skills 5 + Defenses 28 = Total 150
Complications
  • Addiction: Mask loves to use his powers. He craves using them in new ways.
  • Identity: Amnesia: Cannot remember anything about his past including name, "secret origin," family… and even if the form he woke up in his actual gender !
  • Blending in: Mask actually does not like to be the center of attention or him/herself. He goes out of his way to be someone else.
  • The Obvious Villain: Mask powerset mark him/ her as the "obvious" candidate to be the baddy…
Design Notes
  • Mostly tweaked from the Operation Pheonix build, I took out most of the skills and advantages.
  • He needs to mimic to hit caps.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Starstream
PL11/195 PP[/b][/size]

Abilities

Strength 10,
Stamina 9,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 10,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 0,
Presence 1

Powers

Heroic Decepticon:
(53 points)
Size: Growth 9 [Permanent; Innate],
More than Meets the Eye: Morph 3 [Air and Space Craft of similar size; Flaw – Move Action; Quirks – Needs sample to image on, preferred color scheme; Feature – Cockpit in Vehicle Mode],
Language Databanks: Comprehend 3 [Speak/ Read/ Understand; Must Download/ Assimilate language on first contact],
Atmospheric Flight: Flight 10 [Quirk – 7 Ranks require vehicle mode]
Alt: Interstellar Flight: Movement 2 [Limited to Vehicle Mode]
Language Databanks: Comprehend 3 [Speak/ Read/ Understand; Must Download/ Assimilate language on first contact],
Mechanoid Senses: Variable 7 [Often Chosen: Extended Vision 3, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Low Light Vision, Radio Hearing, Radius Sight 2 (In Vehicle mode only), Ultravision; Limited – Sensory Traits only (Sense Powers, Skill checks related to senses, Advantages that enhance Senses); Activation (Move Action)]
Vehicle Mode Weapons: (31 points)
Photon Missile Launchers: Damage 10 [Multi Attack, Ranged; Split Attack, Activation (Move Action)]
Alt: Particle Beam Cannons: Damage 10 [Ranged, Penetrating],
Alt: Test Launcher: Special[Reserved for Power Stunts and “Invented” Weapons]
Robot Mode Weapons:
(3 points)
Alt: Null Ray Rifles: Affliction 10 [1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 22; Cumulative, Ranged]
Alt: Rapid Fire Cannons: Damage 10 [Burst Area; Increased Range 8]
Alt: Energon Blade: Damage 2 [Strength Based; Penetrating 11]

Equipment

Advantages
Agile Feint,
Defensive Roll 2,
Evasion 1,
Improvised Tools,
Move-By Action,
Ranged Attack 12,
Skill Mastery [Acrobatics],
Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades,
Leadership

Skills
Acrobatics 16 (+20),
Athletics (+10),
Deception (+1),
Expertise: Sciences 8 (+13),
Expertise: Weapons 5 (+10),
Expertise (+5),
Insight (+0),
Intimidation 2 (+7),
Investigation (+5),
Perception 6 (+6),
Persuasion 1 (+2),
Sleight of Hand (+0),
Stealth (+4),
Technology 14 (+19),
Treatment (+5),
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +10, Damage 10
Energon Blade +10, Damage 12
Null Ray Rifles +12, Damage 10
Particle Beam +12, Damage 10
Photon Missiles +12, Damage 10
Rapid Fire Cannons +12, Damage 10

Defense

Dodge 11,
Parry 9
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 2),
Fortitude 10,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 87 + Advantages 21 + Skills 18 + Defenses 27 = Total 195

Complications
Prejudice/ Mistaken Identity – Starstream looks a lot like Starscream. He has Decepticon insignia, even if they are red. He'll explain who he is, acknowledge that normally the Autobots are the good guys, but won't change insignia and is often taken for a Decepticon. Autobots in general take him for an enemy,
Nightmares
– Haunted by the destruction of Crystal City, he sometimes has flashbacks and a devastated or war torn city can cause depression or anxiety
Mechanoid – There are many considerations that a Cybertronian just doesn't have. Need for sleep, organic disease, aging... not full on immunities, and also compensated for with uniquely Mechanoid problems... like need for Energon, Cosmic Rust...
All in the Details
– Being from the Shattered Glass universe, most of what Starstream knows is reversed. When faced with Cybertronians, this can cause no end of confusion. (Ties in with Mistaken Identity, and is essentially the reverse of that. Faced with Optimus Prime, he will always be cautious...)
Limited – He's 32 feet tall. Some places, he just cannot go.

Design Notes
  • Built using NeoPaladin's Cosmic Merge character creation rules, with "help" from Jab and hs5ias... (PL 12/180... Down to PL 11/195 PP - Skills 3:1 - 1 Social Advantage per rank of Pre)
  • This is an attempt to build a Transformer without using multiple or alternate forms.
  • Starscream from the Shattered Glass continuity.
  • I did not give him rank or any skills related to Cybertronian Lore mostly because I think they'd mostly be moot. As much as he might know about a given subject might be just as wrong. However, he does have a +5 to any Knowledge skill check not listed on his sheet.
  • I ranted about Variable not that long ago, and included one... :rolleyes:
  • There is no "Primary Power" in the Robot Mode Weapons - There are a total of 5 powers in the Weapons Array (6 with the "Test Missile") and I decided to differentiate between Weapons available in different modes.
  • I was reading a few entries on line, and it seems that SG Starscream has a Test Missile Launcher... One he tests weapons on regularly. I included it, but there is no point cost as it would be either for Inventions or Power Stunts.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Satele Shan
PL10/ 184 pp

"No. I will not wear a Slave Leia costume."

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 2,
Agility 3,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 3,
Presence 1

Powers
Blue Dual Blade Lightsaber: (11 points)
Removable (-2 points)
Lightsaber Assault: Damage 9 [Penetrating; Check Required (Expertise: The Force); Str Based]
Alt: Lightsaber Siege: Damage 9 [Check Required (Expertise: The Force); Linked to Weaken Toughness 4]
Alt: Lightsaber Barrage: Damage 8 [Multi-Attack; Check Required (Expertise: The Force); Split]
Alt: Thrown Lightsaber: Damage 9 [Ranged; Check Required (Expertise: The Force)]
Alt: Lightsaber Shield: Create 7 [Movable, Selective; Proportional; Subtle, Quirk - Walls of Force only, Quirk, must keep lightsaber's active and moving]"

Knight Traits: (9 points)
Force Sensitive: Senses 5 [Ranged Detect Force, Detect Disturbance/ Force Use, Analytical; Ranged Detect Life], Force Leap: Leaping 3
Alt: Knight Speed: Speed 3

Force Abilities: (27 points)
Telekinesis: Move Object 10 [25 Tons; 2 Ranks Disrtracting, Precise, Subtle]
Alt: Concentrated Telekinesis: Move Object 12 [400 tons; 4 ranks Distracting]
Alt: Force Knockback: Move Object 11 [With hit and if target fails Strength vs Effect; flung distance = Effect Rank - their Mass; Limited to Moving Objects or People away, Close Range; Linked to Damage 9]
Alt: Force Deflect: Deflect 10 [Reflect, Redirect; Requires Lightsaber or other Appropriate Tool]
Alt: Force Wave: Affliction 10 [Resisted by Fort: Dazed & Hindered, Stunned & Prone, Incapacitated; Burst Area 2; Instant Recovery]
Alt: Tutaminis : Nullify 10 [Broad (Energy), Move Action; Close Range (Personal)]
Alt: Force Shield: Create 7 [Movable; Proportional; Immunity - Fading Life Support (Not Starvation/ Thirst)]
Alt: Force Sleep: Affliction 10 [Resisted and Overcome by Will: Fatigued/ Exhausted/ Asleep; Concentration]

Telepathy: (12 points)
Mind Trick: Affliction 10 [Resisted by Will: Entranced, Compelled; Perception; Limited Degree ]
Alt: Your Thoughts Betray You: Mind Reading 10 [Cumulative; Limited to surface Thoughts/ Emotions]
Alt: Telepathy: Communication 3

Advantages
Accurate Attack,
All-out Attack,
Assessment,
Benefit 2 [Jedi Knight/ Security Clearance ],
Close Attack 4,
Defensive Attack,
Defensive Roll 4,
Evasion 1,
Great Endurance,
Improved Critical 2 [18-20 Crit with Lightsaber],
Improved Defense,
Improved Disarm,
Improved Initiative 2,
Improved Hold,
Instant Up,
Improved Trip,
Luck 3,
Move-By Action,
Power Attack,
Prone Fighting,
Skill Mastery [Expertise: The Force],
Takedown 2,
Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+10),
Athletics 4 (+4),
Close Combat: Lightsaber 2 (+11),
Close Combat: Unarmed 1 (+10),
Deception 3 (+4),
Expertise: The Force 15 (+16),
Expertise: Merged Earth 6 (+7),
Insight 9 (+12),
Intimidation (+1),
Investigation 4 (+5),
Perception 6 (+9),
Persuasion 5 (+6),
Ranged Combat: Thrown Lightsaber 6 (+8),
Sleight of Hand 2 (+4),
Stealth 6 (+9),
Technology 2 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +11
Lightsaber +11, Damage 9

Defense
Dodge 10,
Parry 14
Toughness 6 (Def Roll 4),
Fortitude 8,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 59 + Advantages 34 + Skills 26 + Defenses 31 = Total 184

Complications
Force Presence - Force Users mark their presence by their Force Signature Under certain circumstances this means that the character cannot hide the fact they are in the general area to others sensitive to the Force.
Beware the Dark Side / Jedi Code - Power Attack, All-Out Attack, Dark Side applications of the Force... all of these can grant power in the Form of HP, but the Dark Side is easy, seductive. Overuse will twist the user both physically and morally.
Conflicted - Satele is starting to question much of what the order becomes in the future of her world, and has hard choice to make regarding any association she intends to make with Force Users on this world. The rigidity and inflexible nature of the Council by the time of the Empire, the ease with witch Sidious hides in plain sight... She wants to find ways to prevent this from happening.

Design Notes
  • I have Skill Check Required on the Lightsaber and a Skill Bonus of +16 and Skill Mastery, essentially making the check unrequired unless she rolls a natural 1… this is flavor. The cost on this exchange is 6 points for the Skills and Advantage. At first glance it saves about 10 points on the lightsaber for the various places its required, but that`s not accurate as the reduction in return on removable is also reduced.
  • There is more in the Force Array than I wanted, but it makes a certain amount of sense. I made Telepathy and Telekinesis separate Arrays though.
  • Complications need fleshing out.
  • One of the downsides of M&M is the mechanical ease certain things are represented by. Tutaminis is supposed to be a rare, difficult power to learn but is easily represented mechanically...
Satele has taken to dressing more casually, and carries an artist tube to conceal her lightsaber.
Also, however unlikely, but given the amount of merchandise out there, maybe she wears one of these:

ImageImage

From the personal journal of Satele Shan, Merged Earth.

Three months ago I awoke not in the bunk I had taken on board the Redshifter, but on a strange world that I had never heard of, much less seen. It was, you'll pardon the expression, in a galaxy far far away from what I knew. I stayed quiet and tried to gather information at first, trying to learn what had happened.

At first I was relieved that many of this strange new world were aware of the Force and the Jedi. I thought that I would be able to contact fellow Jedi, but then I came to understand that the Force to this world was a fiction. That a series of holovids and novels and other entertainment were what my life and those of the other Jedi amounted to in your world. I also discovered "YouTube" and what you envision as my future. It was distressing to watch the events of the attack on Korriban and the death of my master unfold precisely as they had less than a month earlier for me. And the future of what I would become? Grand Master for the discovery of Tython? Would that your maps were more accurate that I could have foreknowledge if ever I was to return home… And then I discovered that other Force Users were also present.

I found that many of this world wanted to exploit my ability, that wished to see if they could push me to the Dark Side as it were. I found many replicas of lightsabers, and that my own style was sought after as well. I found myself drawn to help and maintain order in this chaotic new world as I learned more and more about what had happened. I witnessed many claiming to be Jedi and Sith but were mere charlatans – some with real power, others without.

A month ago I fell on the trail of what I expected to be another false Force user. But the evidence that I discovered suggested that a lightsaber was involved. The lack of external trauma suggested internal injury from telekinetic application of Force. So I followed the trail, and discovered another from my universe albeit from far in the future of my time.

Savage Opress.

We fought, but his skill was far greater than your fictions would have me believe, and I underestimated him. He bested me in our first battle. However, he did not do so before I was able to free several captives from him. It seems he was seeking out what you call "telepaths" as opposed to Force users with the intention of creating and molding them into acolytes of the Dark Side. One such, as it turns out, would become my padawan on this world.

I continued to follow the trail of Opress while being approached by various governments and organizations to serve as protector of this world's people as well as those that had arrived from Elsewhere and Elsewhen. I finally accepted an offer from Agent Kate Spencer, sensing that I could trust her and her intentions over those of many others who were more beholden to their organizations than their ideals.

With Spencer's assistance I discovered Opress was not working alone, something that I had expected by this time. With my padawan Elizabeth Braddock, we found Opress' lair and were able to deal a crippling blow to his organization, but his master escaped. But we have a name now, and it's a name not found in your lore. Darth Solon.

I will find this Sith Lord. I vow to halt his corruption.

Two weeks ago, I was presented with interesting information on Savage Opress. The being I defeated was not Zabrak, but a human with what you call body modifications. I do not know the purpose of the ruse, other than the specific image of the Zabrak "Night Brother" was likely meant to sow confusion…
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

by Mirish on Deviant Art

The Lizard

Courtney Peters
PL11/ 200 pts

Abilities
Strength 9,
Stamina 9,
Agility 6,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 9,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 2,
Presence 3

Powers(39 points)
Lizard Physiology:
Lizard DNA: Growth 2 [Feature, can have full benefits of Growth without changing size)],
Scaly Hide: Protection 4,
Lizard Leap: Leaping 1 [15 feet,],
Lizard Senses: Senses 5 [(Low Light Vision, Scent [Accurate, Acute, Tracking])],
Lizard Speed: Speed 3 [(16 mph/250 fpr)],
Wall Crawling: Movement 4,
Regeneration 3 [1/ 3 rounds; Persistent],
Teeth and Claws: Damage 3 [Slashing, Strength Based; Split],
Tail: Elongation 2 [15ft. +1 Grab, Limited to Tail; Subtle (Retractable)]
Chameleon: (12 points)
Chameleon: Morph 3 [Move Action]

Equipment

Advantages
All-out Attack,
Chokehold,
Diehard,
Fast Grab,
Power Attack,
Trance,
Beginner's
Luck,
Jack-of-all-Trades,
Languages 3 [English (Base), Spanish, French, Russian, Italian],
Set-Up 1,
Skill Mastery [Deception],
Attractive 1,
Assessment,
Defensive Attack,
Evasion 2,
Move-by Action,
Power Attack,
Takedown 2

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+14),
Athletics 4 (+13),
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+11),
Deception (+3),
Expertise: Current Events 5 (+9),
Expertise: Science 4 (+8),
Expertise: Survival 7 (+11),
Expertise (+4),
Insight 5 (+7),
Intimidation 8 (+12),
Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 7 (+9),
Persuasion (+3),
Sleight of Hand (+2),
Stealth 7 (+11),
Technology 5 (+9),
Treatment 3 (+7),
Vehicles (+2)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +11, Damage 9
Teeth and Claws +9, Damage 13

Defense
Dodge 9,
Parry 8
Toughness 13 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 12,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 51 + Advantages 22 + Skills 34 + Defenses 13 = Total 200

Complications
Vulnerable: The Lizard is cold-blooded and vulnerable to cold effects, taking an extra degree of failure against cold based attack in addition to suffering fatigued, exhausted, and asleep conditions from cold effects or in cold temperatures.

Design Notes
  • I decided on this character to continue rounding out my Sinister Six Redux. (That means five of six done: Gobby, Electro, Sandstorm, Mysertio, and now the Lizard.)
  • Some Spidey Powers (no webbing though!), some Lizard Powers and some Chameleon Powers...
  • The image got me here... basically she can pull off her skin and then regrow someone else's face. I imagine, for dramatic effect, making it look painful.
  • There is a feature on her Growth allowing her to have full benefit of the growth regardless of actual height - allowing Morph and Growth to work together.
  • I would like there to be more complications, an issue I often have...
Background
The Jackal was not only obsessed with Spiderman, he was sick and deranged on many other levels. The Lizard is proof of that.

At her base, The Lizard is a clone of Gwen Stacey injected with the DNA of Spiderman, the Lizard and Mystique. Like the Goblin Spider and some of the other "Sinisters" that the Jackal created, the Lizard was in cryosleep until needed. Recently discovered and released by the Web, the Lizard is now looking for her place in society. For the time being she is absorbing information like a sponge, supplementing her own programmed knowledge which puts her somewhere around a third year medical student.

Only time will tell if she will succumb to her reptilian side as did her namesake or if she will become more than the some of her parts.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Red Widow
Quinn Reinhardt
PL11/ 200 PP

Abilities
Strength 9,
Stamina 4,
Agility 4,
Dexterity 4,
Fighting 4,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 3,
Presence 2

Powers
Whatever a Spider Does: (9 points)
Wall Crawling: Movement 2
Alt: Leaping & Swinging: Leaping 4 [Swinging (Movement 1)]
Perfect Balance: Movement 2 [Limited to Upright Movement],
Danger Sense: Senses 1 [Perception Check DC 10 when surprised (Success means not surprised, 2+ means not surprised and may act).; Enhanced Advantage: Uncanny Dodge]
Web Shooters: (21 points)
Removable (-6 points)
Web Spinning: Create 8 [Continuous, Stationary; Permanent; Quirk - must be anchored to something, Flat - Tether]
Alt: Web Reach: Move Object 9 [Precise]
Alt: Webbing Over The Eyes: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware; Continuous, Ranged, Cumulative; Limited to One Sense (Vision), Fades]
Alt: Web Slinging: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition; Limited to Two Degrees; Split]
Special Effects: (27 points)
Easily Removable (-18 points)
Cowl: Immunity 3 [Suffocation, Own Powers; Feature - Voice Disruption], Nanoweave Costume: Protection 2,
Holographic Imagers: Illusion 8 [Visual, Auditory; Burst Area x2; Concentration; Dynamic]
Dyn: Fog: Concealment 4 [All Visual Senses; Cloud Area x2, Attack; Dynamic]
Dyn: Hypnotic Strobe: Affliction 10 [Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled; Perception, Cumulative; Limited to two degrees, Sense Dependent [Visual], Dynamic]
Dyn: Knockout Gas: Affliction 10 [Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated; Cloud Area; Dynamic]

Equipment
25 point HQ + 5 Alternate HQ "Safe Houses"

Advantages
Daze 1 [Deception],
Defensive Roll 3,
Equipment 6 [25 pts for HQ, 5 alt HQ "Safe Houses"],
Hide in Plain Sight, Set-Up 1,
Improved Initiative 1,
Well-Informed,
Inventor,
Taunt, Evasion 1,
Improved Defense,
Move-By Action,
Defensive Attack,
Redirect,
Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 8 (+12),
Athletics 2 (+11),
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+9),
Deception 9 (+11),
Expertise: Special Effects 7 (+12),
Insight 3 (+6),
Intimidation 5 (+7),
Investigation 3 (+8),
Perception (+3),
Persuasion (+2),
Sleight of Hand 9 (+13),
Stealth 7 (+11),
Technology 2 (+7)

Offense
Initiative +8

Defense
Dodge 12,
Parry 10
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 3),
Fortitude 6,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 57 + Advantages 21 + Skills 30 + Defenses 22 = Total 200

Complications
Motivation - Thrills and Showboating. A lot of the mental conditioning and programming that created the Red Widow also created a streak like that of Quentin Beck
Responsibility - The Web

Design Notes
* Mysterio's equipment (Courtesy of Thorpacalypse) on a Spiderman build...
* The Mysterio devices are relatively fragile, and can be shorted out, hence Easily Removable
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sandstorm
Petra Amunet
PL 11/ 200 PP

Abilities
Strength 10,
Stamina 2,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 5,
Intellect 0,
Awareness 2,
Presence 3

Powers
Child of the Desert: (48 points)
Elemental Constitution:
Immunity 12 [Critical Hits, Life Support],
Earthen Body: Enhanced Strength 8,
Spirit of the Desert: Immortality 5 [(1 day); Limited - requires sand to reform; Immunity - Aging],
Reconstitution: Regeneration 10 [Source (Sand)],
Enduring: Protection 8,
Particle Absorption: Feature 1 [Always clean]
Perils of the Desert: (44 points)
Suffocation: Affliction 7 [Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Incapacitated; Cumaltive, Concentration, Burst Area, Selective; Dynamic]
Dyn: Sand Storm: Environment 5 [Imped Movement -2, Reduced Visibility -5]
Dyn: Dust Storm: Environment 2 [-5 Visibility, 60 ft radius]
Dyn: Sand Blast: Damage 12
Dyn: Reshape Earth: Create 15 [Limited - Requires like volume of Material (sand or soil); Improvised Weapon]
Movement: (19 points)
Tunneling: Burrow 5
Alt: Earth Meld: Movement 3 [Permeate; Limited to moving through earth]
Alt: Immovable: Immunity 10 [(Being Moved); Sustained]
Sands of Time: Insubstantial 1 [Fluid; Precise],
Wisps of Sand: Flight 1 [Limited to while insubstantial],
Immovable: Immunity 10 [(Being Moved); Sustained]

Equipment

Advantages
Daze 1 [Use Intimidation to daze opponents]
Diehard,
Ranged Attack 4,
Close Attack 2,
Instant Up,
Favored Environment [Desert],
Improved Grab

Skills
Athletics (+10),
Deception (+3),
Expertise: Elements 8 (+8),
Insight (+2),
Intimidation 8 (+11),
Perception (+2),
Persuasion (+3),
Stealth (+2)

Offense
Initiative +2
Sand Blast +10, Damage 12
Unarmed +10, Damage 10

Defense
Dodge 12,
Parry 11
Toughness 10 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 13,
Will 9

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 111 + Advantages 11 + Skills 8 + Defenses 34 = Total 200

Complications
Weakness - Her sand form Is susceptible to water based attacks. He loses his Protection against water-based attacks and he takes an extra degree of damage when he fails a toughness save against them. If incapacitated by the effect, he is transformed into a mindless sludge for GM determined period of time

Design Notes
  • Finally getting around to finishing these...
  • Sandstorm takes, well, Sandman's place in my little Sinister Six Pastiche...
  • Not quite finished as she's way more combat and power than actual character, but a start.
  • Somewhere between Flint Marko and Rehenna Amunet (a long standing character of mine, posted on the old ATT), I haven't quite decided how she fits in... Is she an elemental adopted by Sirocco? An experiment to reproduce the Sandman? An actual child of either? Still pondering...
Sandstorm will link more to my original character Scirocco than Sandman, but will fill Sandman`s role.
The background and origin will be a mirror of Sandman, but with an Ancient Egyptian twist.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

hs5ias has some awesome takes on a lot of Transformers... and as it turns out I've been semi-seriously writing a campaign around TF, and have been trying to come up with a way to balance PCs against each other... and someone reminded me of f-for-feasant over on deviantart...

And I fell on this render and just had to stat him:

Puncture
PL10

Abilities
Strength 9,
Stamina 9,
Agility 6,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 2,
Intellect -1,
Awareness 0,
Presence 0

Powers
Cybertronian Life Form: (35 points)
Alt Form: Morph 1 [One Alt Mode, can reimage with Extra Effort; Move Action],
Mechanoid Lifeform: Feature 1,
Size: Growth 9,
Ground Speed: Speed 5 [Quirk - Only in Vehicle Mode],
Sensory Array: Senses 5 [Direction, Distance, Time Sense, Communication Link (Radio, Linked to dispatch), Low Light Vision], Lights: Environment 3 [250 Feet; Cone Array (+0) ]
Cargo: (32 points)
Removable (-8 points)
Energon Payload: Damage 10 [Burst Area 2, Penertrating], Refracting Cloud: Deflect 10 [Reflect, Redirect, Burst Area], Alternate Payload (0 points)

Advantages
Diehard
Sidekick 9 [Trailer (Does not account for contents)],
Evasion 2,
Favored Environment [Roads],
Great Endurance, Luck 5,
Move-by Action,
Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Dodge]

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+15),
Athletics 9 (+18),
Deception (+0),
Expertise 12 (+11),
Intimidation (+4),
Perception 6 (+6),
Stealth (+6),
4 (+3)

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +2, Damage 9

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 4
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 11,
Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 18 + Powers 67 + Advantages 21 + Skills 17+ Defenses 25 = Total 148

Complications
Mistaken Identity - Puncture doesn't realize, or refuses to realize, that he looks a lot like Optimus Prime
Not a Fighter - Despite his size, his strength and (unknown to him) high Decepticon kill count, Puncture is not a fighter

Design Notes
* I'm not posting my creation and house rules for TF yet, but it's not really relevant to Puncture anyway. He's a straightforward build and doesn't use the full allotment of points I intend for Autobots and Decepticons.
* Way under caps in most areas, especially combat. I have one attack listed, and an alternate - these are meant as examples of what might happen if his payload might get discharged.. The actual contents (and effect) are up to the GM
* Speaking of Caps, he's tough by virtue of his size (descriptor-wise at least) and his wicked dodge score comes from eons of being mistaken for Optimus while transporting materials. I imagine his ignorance of that fact is by now as much by design as by happenstance. It would not be unlikely that the Autobots became aware of him and hire him (or whoever he works for) to transport materials. He has a high success rate, and even his failures bear fruit in down Decepticons...
* His Willpower is more stubbornness than traditional Willpower.
* Dodge vs Parry is intentional - all those years of being strafed have made him really good at getting the heck out of dodge...
trailer wrote: Strength 10,
Stamina NA,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 0,
Intellect NA,
Awareness 0,
Presence NA

Powers
Construct: (18 points)
Mechanoid Lifeform: Feature 1,
Size: Growth 9,
Fort Immune: Immunity 30,
Will Immune: Immunity 30,
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Absent Presence: Enhanced Presence -5,
Absent Intelligence: Enhanced Intellect -5,
Armour Plating: Protection 5 [Feature - 5 PP ranks included to bring score to 0 from Absent Stamina]

Skills
Athletics (+10),

Offense
Initiative +0

Defense
Dodge 0,
Parry 11
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 0),

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 19 + Advantages 0 + Skills 0 + Defenses 19 = Total 40

Design Notes
* This is an empty trailer, the basis that I intend to use for trailers used by various similar characters.
* I put Parry not because the trailer can actually parry, but as a an "extra" defense in case it gets targeted - I would have no problem with Puncture's Dodge and the trailer's Parry being used in play... this is not meant to be a PC soldier where it really matters anyway.
* The trailer is built with the construct rules, something I generally intend to avoid in my TF builds.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Goblin Spider
Charles Trainer (or Warren Conners)
PL11/ 200 PP

Abilities
Strength 9,
Stamina 5,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 5,
Fighting 8,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 4,
Presence 0

Powers
Web Shooters: (21 points)
Removable (-6 points)
Alt: Web Throwing: Move Object 8
Alt: Webbing Over the Eyes: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware; Continuous, Ranged, Cumulative; Limited to One Sense (Vision), Fades]
Alt: Web Slinging: Affliction 11 [Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition; Limited to Two Degrees; Split]
Trap Door Spider: (38 points)
Teleport 8 [Turnabout, Increased Mass x3, Precise, Change Direction, Change Velocity, 1 Rank of Accurate]
Alt: Spider Swarm: Damage 2 [Strength Based Blugeoning Damage; Burst Area 2, Selective]
Alt: Spider Venom: Affliction 8 [Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated; Cumulative; Flaw: Grab-based]
Alt: Shadow Blending: Concealment 2 [Visual; Blending, Limited to Shadows]
Wall Crawling: Movement 2,
Web Swinging: Movement 1
Leaping 2 (30 ft)
Perfect Balance: Movement 2 [Wall Crawling Limited to Upright Movement],
Danger Sense: Senses 1 [Perception Check DC 10 when surprised (Success means not surprised, 2+ means not surprised and may act).]
Goblin Glider: (6 points)
Goblin Glider: Summon 3 [Active,Self Powered; Mental Link, Sacrifice (Removable - 2)]

Equipment
Pumpkin Bombs
Flash-Bangs: Affliction 4 [Resisted by Fortitude, Vision Impaired, Vision Disabled, Vision Unaware; Cumulative, Ranged; Limited to one Sense]
Alt: Explosives: Damage 4 [Ranged Burst Area]
Alt: Smoke Pellets: Concealment 2 [Visual; Cloud Area, Attack]

Advantages
Agile Feint,
Defensive Roll 4,
Equipment 2,
Evasion 2,
Takedown 2,
Skill Mastery [Always make routine checks on Acrobatics],
Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 13 (+15),
Athletics 7 (+16),
Deception 7 (+7),
Insight 3 (+7),
Intimidation (+0),
Investigation 3 (+5),
Perception 4 (+8),
Persuasion 3 (+3),
Ranged Combat: Web Shooters 1 (+6),
Stealth 5 (+7),
Technology 1 (+3),
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8, Damage 9
Spider Swarm, Damage 11, Burst Area 2, Selective

Defense
Dodge 13,
Parry 12
Toughness 9 (Def Roll 4),
Fortitude 10,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 70 + Powers 65 + Advantages 13 + Skills 24 + Defenses 28 = Total 200

Complications
Power Loss - Web Shooters: He has the same problem that has plagued Spidey(s)... he can run out of fluid at the most inopportune times.
Weakness - In his time as an operative for the Jackal et al, he was programmed with shutdown phrases that certain people have acquired knowledge of.
Guilt - He has guilt regarding actions taken while a mercenary under the control of the Jackal.
Motivation - Redemption - He wants to make up for the ills he causes as a mercenary under the Jackal
Goblin Glider wrote: PL 3/ 41 pts

Abilities
Strength 5,
Stamina - Absent
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0,
Fighting 0,
Intellect - Absent
Awareness 1,
Presence - Absent

Construct: (0 points)
Absent Stamina: Enhanced Stamina -5,
Absent Intellect: Enhanced Intellect -5,
Absent Presence: Enhanced Presence -5,
Fortitude Immune: Immunity 30,
Will Immune: Immunity 30
Goblin Glider: (40 points)
Flight 6 [Affects Others; Dynamic]
Dyn: Lifting Capacity: Enhanced Strength 5 [Dynamic]
As good as its pilot: Variable 3 [15 points to spend on mimicking user's Dodge and Defensive Advantages],
Menace: Enhanced Trait 2 [Enhanced Intimidation (4 ranks); Affects Pilot; Pilot Only],
Floodlights: Environment 2 [Cone (Instead of a burst area)]

Skills
Athletics (+5),
Insight (+1),
Perception (+1),
Stealth (+0)

Offense
Initiative +0

Defense
Dodge 0,
Parry 0
Toughness 6
(Def Roll 0),
Fortitude Immune,
Will Immune

Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 40 + Advantages 0 + Skills 0 + Defenses 0 = Total 42

Design Notes
* Really not sure this will fly (sorry for the pun) but... it cost 6 Power Points and gives 5 flight. If I bought Flight, Platform, Removable it would give me an even higher flight score.
* As it is, he can command the minion to fly as a move action, as per normal... and can "pull up" to put the Glider in the path of danger if needed.
* The variable might be daunting, but all it really does is allow the Dodge and Parry Scores (and if set properly) Advantages like Evasion to come into play.
* Oddly... the Construct rules and all examples charge and note the Fort Immunity, but just mention Will Immune with no mention of a cost associated with it...
* Small change to the Glider - made the Strength dynamic with the Flight and added flood lights...
Design Notes
* For those that realize, yes, Gobby is quite similiar to Nightwing, a character I am playing in the Merge. What can I say, I like Spiders... That's one of the reasons I am thinking about a Goblin Glider actually, to move the concept away from Nightwing a little more.
* Since it wasn`t clear, the Trap Door powers (named for a Trap Door spider), is essentially Nightcrawler`s teleportation abilities, ripped and renamed from Thorp`s build of Kurt.
* I could definitely array some of his wall crawling and other spider movement, but didn`t. Considering that he already has Teleport and Move-By Action, the rest of his movement powers are almost descriptor... but keeping them out of an array makes them independant and available if ever the teleportation is neutralized.
* Haven't decided on a "real name" yet. Charles Trainer is a male version of Carolyn Trainer (Lady Octopus). Warren Connors is a mashup of Miles Warren and Kurt Connors. I originally wanted to include Connors to have an "in-joke" link to the name Kurt (because of the Nightcrawler powers). Warren Connors is definitley my preference, but Charles Trainer is... simpler.

Wishlist:
* Some kind of Benefit of being associated with the Web. (Resources, Contacts... that sort of thing.)
* A benefit akin to alternate identity to create an established identity. Will be more clear once the background is up.

Background:
One of the Jackal`s attempts to clone Spiderman was actually a splice with another wall crawler. Although clearly Warren had an obsession with Parker, he choose to clone Kurt Wagner. Or more accurately, splice Wagner`s DNA with Parker's.

The result was a success, a super-strong version of Nightcrawler without the physical features that made walking in public difficult for Wagner… The clone was put into cryogenic slumber as Warren saw limited potential for his plans despite the success of the process.

Warren destroyed all of his research and notes on The Trapdoor Spider, as he came to call the project, keeping only the prototype clone on ice. From time to time, he did find uses for his creation, conditioning and programming the clone between missions.

Eventually, Warren began to use the clone as a mercenary, hiring him out to various criminal organizations. It was at this point that he came to the conclusion that Trap Door was not a name that evoked much in terms of inspiration or fear. Discovering a stash of equipment used by the Green Goblin, Warren renamed his creation the Goblin Spider. (This had the benefit of working against the object of his obsession and simultaneously blurring the link to his other work.)

The one or two times that Spiderman clashed with the Goblin Spider, he believed himself to be fighting the Green Goblin and with his teleportation abilities, the Goblin Spider was able to escape custody, and capture for that matter, several times.

In 2011, Madame Web became aware of the Goblin Spider and saw the potential despite the Goblin Motif. She arranged for one of the webslingers to discover information on the clone and in the process also derailed a Hydra plot. In the course of the confrontation, the Goblin Spider was unmasked and the similarities to Peter Parker were noted. It took a great deal of effort to deprogram him, but soon the Goblin Spider became a part of the Web, using his unique talents and abilities alongside those of the more "traditional" web-heads and their allies…

The aliases of Warren Connors and Charles Trainer were actually provided by Peter.

This is (minus the "dumb Power Rangers mask*") kind of an image I have in mind...

*credit to Weird Al for that line.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Re: Blade's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Bladewind »

Victoria "Vickie" Roth
PL7

Abilities
Strength 0,
Stamina 3,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 2,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 4,
Presence 3

Powers
Soul Self: (67 points)
Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 23 [All Senses; Feedback. Limited (Body is incapacitated), Limited (Cannot use empathy array), ; Dimensional 2 (Magic Dimensions). Noticeable (Raven shaped shadow)]
Alt: Mass Soul Jump: Teleport 7 [120 miles; Burst Area 2, Accurate, Selective, Extended; Limited to Extended; Change Direction, Change Velocity]
Alt: Dimensional Shift: Movement 2 [Magical Dimensions; Area Burst 2, Selective; Additional Ranks (Limited to increased DC)]
Alt: On Raven Wings: Flight 3 [Area Burst 2, Affects Others, Selective]
Alt: Ravensoul Shield: Enhanced Trait 15 [Dodge 7, Parry 8; Affects Others]
Alt: Soul Jump: Teleport 7 [Accurate, Portal; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Turnabout]
Soul Self Incarnate: Insubstantial 3 [(psychic energy); Activation (Move Action); Feature - Appear as giant, raven-like shadow; Enhanced Advantages 2 (Daze (Intimidation), Move-by Action)]
Empathy: (38 points)
Detect Loved One: Mind Reading 10 [Limited to Surface Thoughts (Detecting the person that target most wants to see); Subtle 2],
Loved One's Visage: Morph 2 [Visage and Forms of those the person most wants to see.; Limited - only affects those being treated by Empathy Array; Linked to Acute Detect],
Ease Pain: Healing 20 [Restorative, Energizing; Side Effect 2 (Suffer Affliction 10, Resisted by Will: Dazed & Dodge Impaired), Distracting; Persistent, Stabalize]
Alt: Numb Emotions: Affliction 10 [Psychic, Resisted by Will (Entranced and Insight Impaired); Extra Condition; Limited Degree 2; Linked Nullify Mental Effects 12 (Simultaneous (all emotion effects), Limited: Emotion Effects)]
Shadow's Allure: (10 points)
Fade Away: Concealment 10 [All Sense Types (Except Tactile); Blending]

Equipment

Advantages
Inspire 1,
Teamwork,
Assessment,
Beginner's Luck,
Defensive Attack,
Diehard,
Fearless,
Inspire 2,
Skill Mastery [Technology]

Skills
Athletics (+0),
Deception 4 (+7),
Insight 10 (+14),
Intimidation (+3),
Perception 6 (+10),
Persuasion 6 (+9),
Stealth 8 (+8),
Treatment 4 (+6)

Offense
Initiative +0

Defense
Dodge 7,
Parry 10
Toughness 3 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 3,
Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 115 + Advantages 7 + Skills 19 + Defenses 7 = Total 180

Complications

Design Notes
  • This build is design for my JLA Legacy setting, the daughter of Raven and Gar Logan, and named for her godfather Vic Stone. She is actually an update from a 2nd Ed character I had made once upon a time.
  • Apart from the point to PL disparity, the only House Rule in effect here is 1 Social Advantage per rank of Presence
  • The Soul Self is lifted whole cloth from the DCA Raven, and I actually want a different animal for her.
  • The idea is that she appears beside a wounded person, and her father's shapeshifting abilities combined with her mother's empathic abilities result in the person seeing a cherished loved one - the person they most want to see... Note that the way I envision it, the person might not actually believe that it`s their loved one, but they`ll still see them...
  • There is no real combat ability on this build and that's intentional.
  • Shadow's Allure represents being able to fade away or be virtually invisible once she's done healing...
  • I actually want to add two alt powers to her Healing array - Neutralize Poison and Transform Diseased Tissue to Healthy Tissue. But I want to keep the build at 180 points, and as I'm not actually sure either of those powers would work that way anyway...
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.